PDA

View Full Version : Javon Walker out Sunday vs San Diego

SR
10-06-2007, 07:27 AM
This is the first I heard of this, but it's all the way at the bottom of the article.

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3050883

silkamilkamonico
10-06-2007, 07:37 AM
I hope his knee isn't more serious then thought.

Get well Walker get well.

SR
10-06-2007, 07:42 AM
After reading about him having to take cortizone injections to dull the pain through the first three games and him sitting out last week/this week, I have a bad feeling. Hopefully working with Marshall and Stokely over the past two weeks, Cutler has developed some kind of chemistry. I'd like to see Sheffler get a little more involved with the passing game as well.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 10:39 AM
We've lost then. Javon Walker is our best offensive player.

Simple as.

SR
10-06-2007, 10:44 AM

Simple as.

Are you kidding me Chicken Little?

Go back to bed.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 10:45 AM

Go back to bed.

Javon Walker, our biggest offensive playmaker is out.

Travis Henry will play but he will be a distraction.

Our run defense sucks.

Our pass protection sucks.

All those = we lose.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 10:50 AM

Go back to bed.

Your the one attempting to insult me for expressing an opinion. :rolleyes:

SR
10-06-2007, 10:52 AM
Javon Walker, our biggest offensive playmaker is out.

Travis Henry will play but he will be a distraction.

Our run defense sucks.

Our pass protection sucks.

All those = we lose.

Get outta town! We're playing a team that is worse off than we are. Who is to say that things with our run D didn't get ironed out in practice? Or who is to say that we don't come out gangbusters on offense this week? Maybe Travis Henry will play with an even bigger chip on his shoulder as to try and prove he isn't on teh pots?

I just got done reading all of that crap you posted on BM. Try being optimistic. It's better for your health.

TXBRONC
10-06-2007, 10:59 AM
As the wise sage Yogi Bera once said: 'It aint over until its over.'

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 10:59 AM
Get outta town! We're playing a team that is worse off than we are. Who is to say that things with our run D didn't get ironed out in practice? Or who is to say that we don't come out gangbusters on offense this week? Maybe Travis Henry will play with an even bigger chip on his shoulder as to try and prove he isn't on teh pots?

I just got done reading all of that crap you posted on BM. Try being optimistic. It's better for your health.

First of all, I haven't posted on BM for months.

Second of all, the only way we beat the Chargers is if our offense plays very well, our run defense can't be counted on. I think our pass defense will cause San Diego alot of problems but I think they will consistently run the ball. That means LT is going to destroy us.

I just don't think our offense CAN play very well with Javon Walker out, aswell as alot of speculation around our starting Running Backs..... "little habit".

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:00 AM
As the wise sage Yogi Bera once said: 'It aint over until its over.'

Before we knew Javon Walker would be out, and before we found out about Travis, I thought we were JUST about going to win.

Now we know about both those things, I don't think we will win.

Of course I am still going to hope we DO win.

TXBRONC
10-06-2007, 11:05 AM

Second of all, the only way we beat the Chargers is if our offense plays very well, our run defense can't be counted on. I think our pass defense will cause San Diego alot of problems but I think they will consistently run the ball. That means LT is going to destroy us.

I just don't think our offense CAN play very well with Javon Walker out, aswell as alot of speculation around our starting Running Backs..... "little habit".

Wookiee maybe it happens just as you think it will. However, it's not a loss until final score indicates it as such and that has yet to be determined.

SR
10-06-2007, 11:06 AM

First of all, I didn't say I read you saying that on BM, but damn near everyone else is.

Second of all, that isn't the only way we could be the Chargers. We WILL beat the Chargers because, even with Walker out, we are STILL a better team than they are this year.

True fans have faith no matter the situation. I learned that through also being a Cardinals fan for most of my life. If you don't have faith, maybe you should go buy a Tony Romo jersey.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:08 AM
Wookiee maybe it happens just as you think it will. However, it's not a loss until final score indicates it as such and that has yet to be determined.

I'm not writing us off completely.

But I think the Chargers are going to just edge us out.

You've seen what other running backs have done to us haven't you?

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:09 AM
First of all, I didn't say I read you saying that on BM, but damn near everyone else is.

Second of all, that isn't the only way we could be the Chargers. We WILL beat the Chargers because, even with Walker out, we are STILL a better team than they are this year.

True fans have faith no matter the situation. I learned that through also being a Cardinals fan for most of my life. If you don't have faith, maybe you should go buy a Tony Romo jersey.

Read the post above.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:10 AM

I got this impression by reading this:

I just got done reading all of that crap you posted on BM

SR
10-06-2007, 11:26 AM
I got this impression by reading this:

As to imply that others on BM are saying the same thing you are.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:32 AM
As to imply that others on BM are saying the same thing you are.

Difference is, I'm not going to completely write us off.

I still think we CAN win, and I will still cheer like crazy when gametime comes, but I don't think we have the advantage.

SR
10-06-2007, 11:36 AM
Difference is, I'm not going to completely write us off.

I still think we CAN win, and I will still cheer like crazy when gametime comes, but I don't think we have the advantage.

Go throw your Broncos jersey on, grab a sixxer of your favorite beer, and enjoy the ride. Stay confident buddy. Good things happen then. If you're negative all the time, bad things will happen.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:40 AM
Go throw your Broncos jersey on, grab a sixxer of your favorite beer, and enjoy the ride. Stay confident buddy. Good things happen then. If you're negative all the time, bad things will happen.

:beer:

It's going to be very very very hard to win without Javon.

But there is still a chance we can win, and I can see where you are coming from. It's hard to enjoy the short period that is football season if you are negative all the time.

TXBRONC
10-06-2007, 11:40 AM
I'm not writing us off completely.

But I think the Chargers are going to just edge us out.

You've seen what other running backs have done to us haven't you?

That's one of the weaknesses of communication, your previous post lead me to believe that you see this as a loss as of right now.

The run defense isn't very good but you just never know what's going to happen. The Jets last season had awful defense yet they made the playoffs last season. Now I'm not predicting we'll do the same but if Jets can get all the way to the playoffs and even beat the Pasties in there own back yard then its possible for us to be a very familiar opponent in our house.

Yes I'm painfully aware of what other runningbacks have done to us. The game still has be played before that can even become a reality.

SR
10-06-2007, 11:44 AM
Look at it this way; at least Tomlinson won't be THROWING any TDs against us. ;)

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:47 AM
That's one of the weaknesses of communication, your previous post lead me to believe that you see this as a loss as of right now.

The run defense isn't very good but you just never know what's going to happen. The Jets last season had awful defense yet they made the playoffs last season. Now I'm not predicting we'll do the same but if Jets can get all the way to the playoffs and even beat the Pasties in there own back yard then its possible for us to be a very familiar opponent in our house.

Yes I'm painfully aware of what other runningbacks have done to us. The game still has be played before that can even become a reality.

I still think the chances are we are going to lose. Before Javon's injury and Travis Henry's little smoke habit became pulbic, I thought we could just edge them out. It was 55%-45% to us. Now we know about Javon and Henry I think the Chargers have the edge, it's more like 65-35% to them.

We still have a chance, but if I was to appear on NFL Total Access and asked who do I think would win this game, I would go with the Chargers.

I don't know if that makes sense at all. :laugh:

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:48 AM
Look at it this way; at least Tomlinson won't be THROWING any TDs against us. ;)

:laugh:

I'd love to see him try, then have the pass picked off by Champ and then have Champ return the ball for a touchdown, breaking a tackle from Ladanian Tomlinson while doing so.

SR
10-06-2007, 11:49 AM
I still think the chances are we are going to lose. Before Javon's injury and Travis Henry's little smoke habit became pulbic, I thought we could just edge them out. It was 55%-45% to us. Now we know about Javon and Henry I think the Chargers have the edge, it's more like 65-35% to them.

We still have a chance, but if I was to appear on NFL Total Access and asked who do I think would win this game, I would go with the Chargers.

I don't know if that makes sense at all. :laugh:

I felt last week that we would get throttled by the Colts, but I still stayed hopeful and optimistic.

I don't feel that way this week.

SR
10-06-2007, 11:49 AM

I'd love to see him try, then have the pass picked off by Champ and then have Champ return the ball for a touchdown, breaking a tackle from Ladanian Tomlinson while doing so.

I'd be lying if I said that scenario hadn't run through my mind a time or ten in the past couple of years.:laugh:

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:53 AM
I felt last week that we would get throttled by the Colts, but I still stayed hopeful and optimistic.

That's exactly how I felt last week. I feel slightly more optimistic this week though.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 11:54 AM
I'd be lying if I said that scenario hadn't run through my mind a time or ten in the past couple of years.:laugh:

Same here.

SR
10-06-2007, 12:09 PM
That's exactly how I felt last week. I feel slightly more optimistic this week though.

And you should. San Diego is terrible. Their ownership is weak, their QB is a fluke, and their defensive backs aren't very good. If Cutler can get over this little hump he's had the past two weeks, we should be able to dissect San Diego's pass D and put up some pretty good points. I see no reason why we can't beat the Bolts tomorrow.

San Diego is going to run the ball down our throat. Shannahanaramjamanan knows our pass D is the best in the league and he knows our run D is one of the worst. He knows that Norv Turner is going to be giving the ball to LT A LOT. I think our run D is going to have a decent game, considering the back they'll be facing.

PS - Gwenyth Paltrow is sexy.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 12:54 PM
And you should. San Diego is terrible. Their ownership is weak, their QB is a fluke, and their defensive backs aren't very good. If Cutler can get over this little hump he's had the past two weeks, we should be able to dissect San Diego's pass D and put up some pretty good points. I see no reason why we can't beat the Bolts tomorrow.

San Diego is going to run the ball down our throat. Shannahanaramjamanan knows our pass D is the best in the league and he knows our run D is one of the worst. He knows that Norv Turner is going to be giving the ball to LT A LOT. I think our run D is going to have a decent game, considering the back they'll be facing.

PS - Gwenyth Paltrow is sexy.

One thing we definitley have over San Diego is our pass defense. Champ and Dre' will cause Philip Rivers alot of problems. I've never been impressed with Rivers, if he was forced to win a game against even a half decent team, he could not do it. I think our pass defense will force turnovers, and defensive turnovers cancel out poor run defense IF our offense can make the most of our turnovers. Of course I definitley think the offense is weaker without Javon Walker, Walker makes big plays but he also scares the defense, he attracts alot of attention which leaves other receivers open. I also think Henry will be a distraction, it may sound weird, but I'd rather we didn't play him.

Obviously the run defense will be a problem, but with Champ and Dre' as our corners, I think we can afford to play defenders closer to the LOS, aswell as throwing a couple of run stopping blitzies at San Diego. Unfortunately I still think LT will run all over us, no matter what we do.

I still think that the chances are San Deigo will win, but we do have some things going for us.

SR
10-06-2007, 12:57 PM
Phillip Rivers publicly said our defense is "vanilla". He said our D looks like they're just lining up and playing. That's a pretty solid insult, and if our D needed something to fire them up, I think that ought to do it.

Personally, I'd like to see Denver put some good blitz packages together. Our coaches need to SHOW, not just SAY, that they have faith enough in our secondary to play 1-on-1 all day long while we disturb what the Bolts want to do on offense. If we can build a solid first half lead, by 10 points or more, I think you'll see Rivers be forced in to passing, which plays in to our favor.

Retired_Member_001
10-06-2007, 01:00 PM
Phillip Rivers publicly said our defense is "vanilla". He said our D looks like they're just lining up and playing. That's a pretty solid insult, and if our D needed something to fire them up, I think that ought to do it.

Personally, I'd like to see Denver put some good blitz packages together. Our coaches need to SHOW, not just SAY, that they have faith enough in our secondary to play 1-on-1 all day long while we disturb what the Bolts want to do on offense. If we can build a solid first half lead, by 10 points or more, I think you'll see Rivers be forced in to passing, which plays in to our favor.

Of course, getting a 10 point lead by first half will be EXTREMELY hard.

As I said in my previous post though, Champ and Dre' will cause Philip Rivers problems.

If we can keep things close untill late 4th Quarter, I think we will win. As I said in my previous post, Philip Rivers can't win games.

This is of course IF we keep it close untill late 4th quarter.

TXBRONC
10-06-2007, 01:07 PM

You don't feel hopefull and optimistic or you don't think we'll get throttled, or some combination of the two? :confused:

Lonestar
10-06-2007, 01:48 PM
Have not read much of this thread so I hope I do not repeat what someone has said already.

Javon will be a huge blow to the ability to sustain drives.

I did not give them a snowballs chance in hell at beating SAN as it was but now couple with the distraction Thenry has produced, I see little ray of hope.

Some spout that our pass defense is great that Champ and bly are the best in the league. Without consistent pass rush and pressure mikey the mope could spend all day picking and choosing who to throw to. That is assuming they do not run all day.

Rack this up as a loss.

Skinny
10-06-2007, 03:00 PM
Javon will be a huge blow to the ability to sustain drives.Where him not being in the line-up was felt the most.

His absence will be felt as it was last Sunday in every aspect of the passing game. Having Javon in the line-up spreads the feild for Jay and makes reading the secondary easier and quicker.

Not to mention the attention he gets.

Last week with Javon out of the line-up, BMarsh had just 3 catches. Marshall was doubled down alot taking away our best option for the big play which we soo desperately needed.

I did not give them a snowballs chance in hell at beating SAN as it was but now couple with the distraction Thenry has produced, I see little ray of hope.

Some spout that our pass defense is great that Champ and bly are the best in the league. Without consistent pass rush and pressure mikey the mope could spend all day picking and choosing who to throw to. That is assuming they do not run all day.

Rack this up as a loss.. . . 'Stop rollin' downhill like a snowball headed for hell . . .
. . . Standup for the flag, and let's all ring the liberty bell.

. . . Let's make a Ford and a Chevy, Still last ten years, like they should . . .
. . . The best of the free life is still yet to come, The good times ain't over for good.'

Merle Haggards version is more 'cheery' than yours JR! Could'nt resist. . .

It's unfortunate that Javon can't play but SDs pass defense, the secondary particularly, has been really struggling.

It's been equivalent to our rush defense.

SD is giving up 253 yards passing and 2 TD's a game. From watching them play twice so far this season i beleive that has to do with them not nearly blitzing as much as when Wade Phillips was the D-Coord. The pressure forcing the QB to hurry up just is'nt there where as last year when it was, the secondary, played much better.

I beleive we still will have a good oppurtunity to win, it will just come tougher and with twice the work/effort with Javon out.

Of course the big concern is on defense and how many guys will Bates commit to stopping L.T.

SR
10-06-2007, 03:07 PM
You don't feel hopefull and optimistic or you don't think we'll get throttled, or some combination of the two? :confused:

I don't feel like we'll get throttled. I think we can win this week.

Simple Jaded
10-06-2007, 04:09 PM
I'm beginning to worry about the long term of Javons knee.....Knock on wood there is no Microfracture surgery in his future.

When his latest injury happened you could tell he knew something was wrong, although he did stay in the game....But as of right now he's making a point to mention that "....it's nothing serious....It's just an irritation...".

With the way 2007 is going for the Broncos so far, I'm expecting the worse and praying for the best.....

dogfish
10-06-2007, 04:21 PM

shiiiii. . . .

being the second-worst run efense in the entire league, and going out every week and getting their asses kicked by teams cramming the ball straight down their throats SHOULD be more than enough to fire them up. . . :tsk: if they need any additional motivation from "billboard material" at this point, then something's really wrong-- you can tell how pissed off champ and lynch have been about it, and everyone else on that efense should feel the same way. . . c'mon fellas, show some pride and heart out there!

still, ath this point i'll take what i can get, and if rivers' comments can get them going, so much the better. . .

dogfish
10-06-2007, 04:22 PM
I'm beginning to worry about the long term of Javons knee.....Knock on wood there is no Microfracture surgery in his future.

When his latest injury happened you could tell he knew something was wrong, although he did stay in the game....But as of right now he's making a point to mention that "....it's nothing serious....It's just an irritation...".

With the way 2007 is going for the Broncos so far, I'm expecting the worse and praying for the best.....

unfortunately, those are pretty much my exact thoughts on it. . .

:frusty:

arapaho2
10-06-2007, 04:43 PM

Simple as.

you conceed defeat much to easily.....you sure your not from france?

TXBRONC
10-06-2007, 05:19 PM
Have not read much of this thread so I hope I do not repeat what someone has said already.

Javon will be a huge blow to the ability to sustain drives.

Rack this up as a loss.

Two words: divison opponent.

Lonestar
10-06-2007, 11:39 PM
Two words: divison opponent.

That is why the bolts will prevail. Inspite of norv.

SR
10-07-2007, 12:12 AM

Take a step in to my office...

...because you're f-ing fired.

broncosfanscott
10-07-2007, 12:27 AM
I am bummed that Walker isn't playing Sunday because of his deep threat ability vs. the SD seconday would have been good to see. However, I am not surprised to see him out and hopefully with this week off and our bye next week, he will be fully healthy by the time we play the Steelers.

SR
10-07-2007, 12:47 AM
I am bummed that Walker isn't playing Sunday because of his deep threat ability vs. the SD seconday would have been good to see. However, I am not surprised to see him out and hopefully with this week off and our bye next week, he will be fully healthy by the time we play the Steelers.

I am bummed too, but I think Marshall brings the same kind of deep thread that Javon does. Stokely is no slouch either.

All I ask is that we, as true Broncos fans, have confidence. Our team is still loaded with talent.

omac
10-07-2007, 12:48 AM

What is it with Chargers players and trash talking? They have no street-cred, because they get punked afterwards. Haven't they learned their lesson after their NE humiliation? Just shut up and play, their words carry no weight. Otherwise, all teams will do the Merriman dance on the Chargers' logo. :D

TXBRONC
10-07-2007, 12:51 AM

That's why we have chance to win JR.

broncosfanscott
10-07-2007, 12:52 AM
SR, you are right and I have confidence that Marshall, Stokley, and Graham will step up tomorrow. Marshall is proving every week the threat he will be for years to come and I was glad to see Graham get more involved last week. I think we will be fine and when Walker comes back we will be better.

broncosfanscott
10-07-2007, 12:54 AM
What is it with Chargers players and trash talking? They have no street-cred, because they get punked afterwards. Haven't they learned their lesson after their NE humiliation? Just shut up and play, their words carry no weight. Otherwise, all teams will do the Merriman dance on the Chargers' logo. :D

You can talk the talk, yet if you can't walk the walk then you just look plain stupid. I find it kind of funny that when Merriman finally did his "lights out" dance against the Chiefs, that on the next play KC scored. :laugh:

Retired_Member_001
10-07-2007, 10:28 AM
you conceed defeat much to easily.....you sure your not from france?

Read the whole thread before you jump to conclusions.

TXBRONC
10-07-2007, 03:06 PM
At any rate I don't think anyone will deny that Walker being abscent from the line up makes the task even harder.

SR
10-07-2007, 06:56 PM
Wookie...you were 100% right.:tsk:

sneakers
03-24-2009, 12:03 AM
GEM....you inspired me to bump an old thread...

The thing is, if you close a thread and ask people to Stop bumping old threads, people will almost always do the opposite....power of suggestion or something.

Just close the thread and don't say a thing!

That's all the advice I have for today. :D

slim
03-24-2009, 12:05 AM
Sneakers...you son of .........

GEM
03-24-2009, 12:06 AM
Rather than that Sneak, I expect you all to act like adults and when asked to stop bumping old threads, ya just refrain from doing it.