PDA

View Full Version : If you could go back in time and change one thing....

sneakers
11-02-2011, 04:35 PM
poll to follow.

I Eat Staples
11-02-2011, 04:35 PM
Hiring McDouche.

BroncoNut
11-02-2011, 04:37 PM
coming out of my mother's stomach

sneakers
11-02-2011, 04:38 PM
Hiring McDouche.

I said WAIT FOR POLL!

Nice horsey though

dogfish
11-02-2011, 04:38 PM
i'd pick a better career out of college. . .

wait, is this supposed to be broncos related? preventing the rise of ellis and/or the hire of mcdaniels is the obvious choice, but stopping lepsis from falling on TD's knee would be my sentimental choice. . .

CoachChaz
11-02-2011, 04:39 PM
The 2 completely wasted 1st round picks from 2010 have us in a hole as opposed to having 2 potential Pro-Bowlers. Do that over again and we're in a different situation

BroncoNut
11-02-2011, 04:40 PM
this is a really stupid pole sneakers because alot of the options are correlated. IE./ firing Shanahan/and hiring McD and trading away Cutler and Marshall are all related. Basically, this thread sucks

Skinny
11-02-2011, 04:45 PM
Kept Shanahan and hired a competent DC.

dogfish
11-02-2011, 04:46 PM
how about planting some drugs in BJ raji's car before draft day?

dogfish
11-02-2011, 04:47 PM
Kept Shanahan and hired a competent DC.

it sucks balls to know we were looking at dom capers a couple years ago. . .

of course, douchewad mcdaniels would've probably fired him anyway. . .

slim
11-02-2011, 04:49 PM
I would have voted for drafting Jay Cutler, but that's not an option.

sneakers
11-02-2011, 04:50 PM
this is a really stupid pole sneakers because alot of the options are correlated. IE./ firing Shanahan/and hiring McD and trading away Cutler and Marshall are all related. Basically, this thread sucks

Fine. Create your own damn thread then!

BroncoNut
11-02-2011, 04:53 PM
Fine. Create your own damn thread then!

I'm sorry. I appreciate what you do here Sneakers. shit, I'm sorry, it's a great thread.

camdisco24
11-02-2011, 04:57 PM
Firing Shanny. I think he was on the verge of something great. But that stinkin' defense...

Skinny
11-02-2011, 05:02 PM
it sucks balls to know we were looking at dom capers a couple years ago. . .

of course, douchewad mcdaniels would've probably fired him anyway. . .

I would hope with Capers as DC, he would have got the HC job and McD would have never been a thought.

Damn dog, that just pisses me off...

Northman
11-02-2011, 05:03 PM
I would of say Firing Shanny but the reality was that he just was so headstrong on keeping Slowik and that just wasnt going to work. I picked hiring McDaniels.

I just dont think had we hired Spags or Morris that we would be nearly in the position we are now. While both those guys are still working getting their teams better they are just far more professional in the way they handle their teams and i dont think either one would of come into Denver and tried to trade away a pro bowl QB. McDaniels was just a HUGE mistake that cost us dearly.

MOtorboat
11-02-2011, 05:04 PM

This. Mother****ing this.

BeefStew25
11-02-2011, 05:08 PM

True. You and Mo hate talent.

BeefStew25
11-02-2011, 05:09 PM
This. Mother****ing this.

Uh huh. Love management hate players.

Your act is stale. Did you see what NTL did? I suggest you follow suit.

MOtorboat
11-02-2011, 05:10 PM
We like playoff football.

BeefStew25
11-02-2011, 05:11 PM
We like playoff football.

Your boi McD sure doesnt.

MOtorboat
11-02-2011, 05:13 PM
And he got fired, didn't he?

BeefStew25
11-02-2011, 05:17 PM
And he got fired, didn't he?

Against your wishes.

MOtorboat
11-02-2011, 05:22 PM
Against your wishes.

Yup.

I was wrong.

arapaho2
11-02-2011, 05:28 PM
without a doubt it would be the hireing of mcd

we had a young probowl qb, surrounded by young talent on offense

a quality coach would have seen the young offensive nucleus and built around that and foremost fixed the fn defense first

instead we trade the qb for orton, waste the 2 1st rnd picks and get rid of all the talent leaving us now in the position to not only fix the offense but an incredibly bad defense...a cluster **** of immense poportions that set us back years and forced us to grab a dinasour of a coach with no touch of reality to the new age of football

SmilinAssasSin27
11-02-2011, 05:34 PM
Woulda told TD not to worry about tackling the interceptor.

BigDaddyBronco
11-02-2011, 05:40 PM
how about planting some drugs in BJ raji's car before draft day?

They wouldn't have drafted him anyway. Effin McD fail king.

slim
11-02-2011, 05:43 PM
True. You and Mo hate talent.

Legit FQB talent doesn't fold down the stretch every year.

I Eat Staples
11-02-2011, 05:46 PM
I said WAIT FOR POLL!

Nice horsey though

But I knew the correct answer!

I would of say Firing Shanny but the reality was that he just was so headstrong on keeping Slowik and that just wasnt going to work. I picked hiring McDaniels.

I just dont think had we hired Spags or Morris that we would be nearly in the position we are now. While both those guys are still working getting their teams better they are just far more professional in the way they handle their teams and i dont think either one would of come into Denver and tried to trade away a pro bowl QB. McDaniels was just a HUGE mistake that cost us dearly.

I didn't agree with Shanny being fired, but if we hired any other coach they would have left our offense alone and at least ATTEMPTED to fix our defense, rather than wasting resources fixing an area of our team that wasn't broken.

I'm not sold on Spags or Morris, but they didn't have anywhere near the amount of talent on their teams that Denver did when we hired McD. Even an average coach would have had us contending for the playoffs, if not better.

BeefStew25
11-02-2011, 05:57 PM
Legit FQB talent doesn't fold down the stretch every year.

Oh, I am not claiming he is all world. Your boi just kept downgrading our talent.

slim
11-02-2011, 06:01 PM
Oh, I am not claiming he is all world. Your boi just kept downgrading our talent.

I won't argue that.

BTW, I disowned McD a long time ago. So he is no longer my boi.

BeefStew25
11-02-2011, 06:03 PM
I won't argue that.

BTW, I disowned McD a long time ago. So he is no longer my boi.

Did you see NTL's spoken word poem?

I am going to need that from you and Mo. And admit it was pretty much gay of us to trade Cutler regardless of his douchiness. Thanks.

BroncoNut
11-02-2011, 06:05 PM
i'd pick a better career out of college. . .

wait, is this supposed to be broncos related? preventing the rise of ellis and/or the hire of mcdaniels is the obvious choice, but stopping lepsis from falling on TD's knee would be my sentimental choice. . .

yeah, it's bronco's related, but I can't help but to think about all the messes I've made and how shitty my life has been. Thanks sneakers.

Dreadnought
11-02-2011, 06:06 PM
Did you see NTL's spoken word poem?

I am going to need that from you and Mo. And admit it was pretty much gay of us to trade Cutler regardless of his douchiness. Thanks.

That's pretty much the minimum acceptable effort, Beef. And we don't want to be known as the kind of person that does the minimum, right?

BeefStew25
11-02-2011, 06:10 PM
That's pretty much the minimum acceptable effort, Beef. And we don't want to be known as the kind of person that does the minimum, right?

Anything less and i consider them to be living in Zucotti Park.

SR
11-02-2011, 08:24 PM
I wouldn't have married my ex-wife.

Wait. This thread is in the Broncos Talk section.

rcsodak
11-02-2011, 08:26 PM
I wouldn't have married my ex-wife.

Wait. This thread is in the Broncos Talk section.

I need to say ditto.......and ditto......and (tbd).

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
11-02-2011, 08:34 PM
Your boi McD sure doesnt.

He must have been damn near suicidal during his eight years of employment in New England.

BeefStew25
11-02-2011, 10:50 PM
He must have been damn near suicidal during his eight years of employment in New England.

That is where he got the idea he was a success.

Lancane
11-02-2011, 11:00 PM
If Denver didn't hire McDaniels a lot of that shit doesn't happen!

NameUsedBefore
11-02-2011, 11:04 PM
Shanahan should have been given one more year.

BeefStew25
11-02-2011, 11:04 PM

Gawd he was stubborn about the defense.

NameUsedBefore
11-02-2011, 11:06 PM
Not firing the defensive coordinator the one time he needed to, yes, a problem.

Still would have given him one more year. He was building something here and I believe it would have been good.

DenBronx
11-02-2011, 11:29 PM
I picked firing Shanny because I don't think he would have traded any of those players and was on the verdge of something special here in Denver.

This team is one big fat mess now.

Tned
11-03-2011, 12:01 AM
I picked firing Shanny because I don't think he would have traded any of those players and was on the verdge of something special here in Denver.

This team is one big fat mess now.

I went with hiring McDaniels. While I'm part of the group that think Shanahan should have been given one more year, considering the offense he was building, I also understood why it was time to move on.

The chances of any other HC candidate Trading Cutler & Marshall, or making the horrible trades, pissing away draft picks like they were worthless, is very low. Therefore, I think the McDaniels hire was by far the worst mistake and what you would want to "undo."

jhildebrand
11-03-2011, 12:08 AM
The timing of the Shanahan firing followed by not getting a REAL GM followed by Ellis followed by McDaniels

bcbronc
11-03-2011, 12:10 AM
It was time for Shannahan to go. Happens to every coach in every sport.

I'm in the camp that believes we're better off without Cutler. Without McDaniels, it's likely Cutler is still here, so can't vote for McDaniel's not to be hired.

Picked drafting Tebow because it fits the closest, but more accurately I'd get the QB situation resolved pronto after moving Cutler. The pundits always say if a regime doesn't have a QB, they need to make getting one their first priority.

The first QB taken after McDaniel's 1st pick (ie the first QB the regime had a shot at) was Josh Freeman. Take Freeman instead of Moreno, no need to give up multiple picks to move up to get Tebow. :tsk:

tubby
11-03-2011, 12:12 AM
Joe Ellis was born.

jhildebrand
11-03-2011, 12:21 AM
It was time for Shannahan to go.

Agreed. I just think it needed to happen when he flirted with Florida OR give him one more season with the young O he put together.

Firing him was fine by me. HIring a young guy like McD was ok with me ONLY if the team had hired a real GM first. They should have changed the model i.e. an organization that has a coach with full power to one that uses a gm. That was the mistake IMHO. If you want to keep an all powerful coach, then you need one who has experience i.e. Gruden, Cowher, Holmgren-all of which could have been had at the time!

DenBronx
11-03-2011, 12:23 AM
Tned, I agree. Shanny should have had one more year to prove himself with the #2 ranked offense that he personally had a hand in building.

His downfall was not taking the defense seriously and letting the GM make the majority of the decisions. Just think if he would have brought in Capers and the 3/4. Clay Matthews or BJ Raji would possibly be on the Broncos as well.

He also bargained shopped for RBs too much. One mistake and I know there's many but he should have brought in Willis McGahee and not Travis Henry.

nflfan
11-03-2011, 12:54 AM
Though I think the decision to fire Shanahan by Bowlen was done when Bowlen was at an emotional state ... the worst time to make a decision ... Shanahan's defenses have sucked.

I'd be hard pressed to believe that any coach other than McDaniels would dismantle one of the leagues' youngest, most talented and explosive offenses. With a few more seasons under their belt, this offense could look like Green Bay does today.

FanInAZ
11-03-2011, 01:28 AM
There are a lot of pros & cons when talking about Shanny. He had a great offensive mind, especially when it came to RBs. Most of his defenses where not so good, especially when it came to getting a pass rush from his D line. In his last season, he had to use a different RB every month because they all kept getting major injuries. Should we have given Shanny another year? I believe so, but I can also understand why so many were tired of being a .500 ball club year after year. Now being .500 would be a step in the right direction.

So what might an alternate universe look like in which we don't fire Shanny at that time? Maybe the Chiefs hire McD instead. If they don't, and we keep Shanny for 2010, maybe the Raiders hire McD. These alternate universes theories should make clear what I believe was the biggest mistake that we made, HIRING MCD.

BroncoNut
11-03-2011, 09:36 AM
Though I think the decision to fire Shanahan by Bowlen was done when Bowlen was at an emotional state ... the worst time to make a decision ... Shanahan's defenses have sucked.

I'd be hard pressed to believe that any coach other than McDaniels would dismantle one of the leagues' youngest, most talented and explosive offenses. With a few more seasons under their belt, this offense could look like Green Bay does today.

sad, isn't it.

arapaho2
11-03-2011, 10:09 AM

I'm in the camp that believes we're better off without Cutler. Without McDaniels, it's likely Cutler is still here, so can't vote for McDaniel's not to be hired.

Picked drafting Tebow because it fits the closest, but more accurately I'd get the QB situation resolved pronto after moving Cutler. The pundits always say if a regime doesn't have a QB, they need to make getting one their first priority.

The first QB taken after McDaniel's 1st pick (ie the first QB the regime had a shot at) was Josh Freeman. Take Freeman instead of Moreno, no need to give up multiple picks to move up to get Tebow. :tsk:

this is rediculous....were better off without a probowl qb?....who was the leader of a 2nd ranked offense , which was comprised of two young and exciting wrs, marshall and royal, a solid pass catching TE better than any body we have now scheffler, a hard nosed rb/fb better then moreno and probably better than meghee, two rookie tackles and a 2nd year guard

we've spent three drafts since mcd was hired trying to replace all that young talent we had on offense...already!!!

the pundits also always say....YOU DONT TRADE A 25 YR OLD PROBOWL QB WITH THE SKILL SET OF JAY CUTLER!!!

:lol:

I Eat Staples
11-03-2011, 11:01 AM

How are we better without Cutler? Our stats are worse, our record is worse, so where exactly have we improved?

No matter how much you hate Cutler, you have to admit he's much better than any QB on our roster.

Lancane
11-03-2011, 11:03 AM
How are we better without Cutler? Our stats are worse, our record is worse, so where exactly have we improved?

No matter how much you hate Cutler, you have to admit he's much better than any QB on our roster.

That will go down as the dumbest F'n trade in Broncos' history!

weazel
11-03-2011, 11:05 AM
I would help the Doc get Marty back to 1985

chazoe60
11-03-2011, 11:08 AM
Here's a philosophical question for you.

If you could go back in time and kill baby McDouche, would you?

BroncoJoe
11-03-2011, 11:08 AM
coming out of my mother's stomach

It wasn't her stomach, you idiot.

I Eat Staples
11-03-2011, 11:09 AM
Here's a philosophical question for you.

If you could go back in time and kill baby McDouche, would you?

No. I'd wait till he grows up and shows me that ugly smile. Then I'd kill him, twice.

chazoe60
11-03-2011, 11:10 AM
coming on my mother's stomach

Nut, that's disgusting.

The Glue Factory
11-03-2011, 11:14 AM
Option not offered:

Keep the Goodman's and tell McGone to sit down, shut up and do his job which is HC not GM.

Cugel
11-03-2011, 11:30 AM

Now, now. Calm thyself. :cool:

The Broncos are 2-5. What else are we going to talk about during the season?

How many more times is Tebow going to be humiliated before they bench him?

Will Elvis Dumervil ever get another sack?

Is Rahim Moore the next "Find Waldo?"

Will they cut Moreno or trade him for fish-bait after the season?

Could Orlando Franklin be profitably replaced by one of those orange traffic cones?

I'd rather talk about the fantasy of drop-kicking McDaniels out of a cargo play about 100 miles out over the Bering Straits.

BroncoNut
11-03-2011, 01:02 PM
Dressing up like Don Johnson in Miami Vice for a fraternity rush party in 85

BeefStew25
11-03-2011, 04:01 PM
Option not offered:

Keep the Goodman's and tell McGone to sit down, shut up and do his job which is HC not GM.

Probably the most reasonable.

nflfan
11-04-2011, 03:35 AM
sad, isn't it.

Yup. That's the problem with McDaniels. Sure he knew how to run his system, but he was just terrible at evaluating talent.

Imagine the Broncos with Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Scheffler, Royal, that OL, and a Mike Nolan defense. That's a contender for years to come.

Lancane
11-04-2011, 04:42 AM
Yup. That's the problem with McDaniels. Sure he knew how to run his system, but he was just terrible at evaluating talent.

Imagine the Broncos with Cutler, Marshall, Hillis, Scheffler, Royal, that OL, and a Mike Nolan defense. That's a contender for years to come.

The problem was that he effectively had too much power, had he been limited by the powers above and placed under a competent general manager none of what transpired would have been allowed, it would have been squashed before it started.

Superchop 7
11-04-2011, 11:12 PM
Hired Nolan to replace Slowik.

Hindsight isnt 20/20.....I said it way back then.

Right now we would be VERY good. Defense, offense, and the Goodmans drafting.

BCJ
11-05-2011, 11:38 AM
Amazing people put things like drafting Tebow or canning Cutler. Do they even realize that if McShitty wasnt hired, most likely none of those things would have happened ? There should be two choices and that is firing Shanny or hiring McDaniels. Anyone voting for hiring Fox is neglecting the fact that he is here because McDaniels and even Shanny werent doing their jobs good enough. **** McDaniels. One of the worst hires of all sports. Not only did he suck minues his first 6 games but he ruined our draft and players. He is the devil of the NFL and continues in St. Louis.

Dreadnought
11-05-2011, 10:25 PM
Amazing people put things like drafting Tebow or canning Cutler. Do they even realize that if McShitty wasnt hired, most likely none of those things would have happened ? There should be two choices and that is firing Shanny or hiring McDaniels. Anyone voting for hiring Fox is neglecting the fact that he is here because McDaniels and even Shanny werent doing their jobs good enough. **** McDaniels. One of the worst hires of all sports. Not only did he suck minues his first 6 games but he ruined our draft and players. He is the devil of the NFL and continues in St. Louis.

He is the BroncoWarrior of coaches :salute:

dogfish
11-05-2011, 10:26 PM
He is the BroncoWarrior of coaches :salute:

i woulda gone natureboi. . . broncowarrior was extremely entertaining, if nothing else. . .

bcbronc
11-06-2011, 04:43 AM
Agreed. I just think it needed to happen when he flirted with Florida OR give him one more season with the young O he put together.

for me, the story book ending would have been Shanny drafting Ngata and then riding off into the sunset.

His routine here and gone stale and his offense had grown predictable. He needed a new start as much as the org did imo.

Firing him was fine by me. HIring a young guy like McD was ok with me ONLY if the team had hired a real GM first. They should have changed the model i.e. an organization that has a coach with full power to one that uses a gm. That was the mistake IMHO. If you want to keep an all powerful coach, then you need one who has experience i.e. Gruden, Cowher, Holmgren-all of which could have been had at the time!

Agreed completely. As much as people hate on McDaniels, it's the moron that decided to give all the power to a 32 year old rookie HC that needs the kick in the balls. It's ridiculous how that whole situation was handled by McDaniels' bosses.

this is rediculous....were better off without a probowl qb?....who was the leader of a 2nd ranked offense , which was comprised of two young and exciting wrs, marshall and royal, a solid pass catching TE better than any body we have now scheffler, a hard nosed rb/fb better then moreno and probably better than meghee, two rookie tackles and a 2nd year guard

we've spent three drafts since mcd was hired trying to replace all that young talent we had on offense...already!!!

the pundits also always say....YOU DONT TRADE A 25 YR OLD PROBOWL QB WITH THE SKILL SET OF JAY CUTLER!!!

:lol:

ah, no. Our offense wasn't going where you guys thought it was. Cutler's probowl season was a joke...no way he should have made the team that year over Phillip Rivers. And for all CHI's success last year, that defense still got further with Sexy Rexy at the helm. Cutler has a great skill set but hasnt improved the things he needed to improve when he came into the league. Becoming less and less likely he ever will.

Royal is still on the team, not as exciting lately though.

Marshall has a personality disorder, which probably doesn't get diagnosed if he doesn't become teammates with Ricky Williams in MIA. I find it pretty hard to believe an offense where the #1 WR has an undiagnosed personality disorder is ever going to be clicking like Green Bay (not to mention I find it freakin hilarious to compare Rodgers to Cutler...might as well compare Manning to Orton).

Hillis, for all the love and the Madden cover, is being run out of Cleveland. Posted on NFL.com yesterday:

Barring a significant turnaround, the Cleveland Browns are prepared to let running back Peyton Hillis walk after this season, The Plain Dealer reported Saturday, citing league sources.

"It's one thing after another, and what's been out there isn't even the half of it," one source told the newspaper.

"Guys are growing tired of the distractions and always wondering what's next," one Browns player told The Associated Press.

Backup quarterback Seneca Wallace confirmed a report that veteran Browns players belonging to the team's "leadership group" encircled Hillis for an intervention-style meeting this week to encourage him to remain focused on football.

Rest of article: http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823cb021/article/browns-wallace-players-see-a-change-in-hillis-this-season

And Scheffler's okay, but he's nothing special. Good athleticism, good hands, okay blocker. lack of heart, balls and toughness though make me think he's better suited to the role he has now, 4th or 5th on the pecking order. Definitely not someone I'd want as a key cog in an offense, and certainly not anywhere near the caliber of a Jermichael Finlay.

OL with Shanny wasn't able to convert short yardage or goalline situations, and for all the yards we got, we weren't a highscoring team despite all that talent.

Nope, still have to stick with drafting Tebow. For the last few years of Shanny's tenure, he started to gamble more and more on character issues, and that needed to be purged from the locker room. If nothing else, McDaniels certainly did that. Now it's time to get this franchise a QB that can unite the fanbase and get us out of this mediocrity or worse spiral we've been in for a decade.

Npba900
11-06-2011, 10:22 AM

Shanahan should have been allowed to coach out the last 3 years remaining on his contract. This is the respect Bowlen should have shown the only and last coach in Bowline's life time to have won him two consecutive Super Bowls.

Bowlen hastily firing Shanahan, foolishly hiring a 32 Prima Donna as the HC to replace Shanny, while standing idly by and failing to get involve with stopping the Trade of Cutler; the last Pro Bowler QB since John Elway.

Now fast forward 3 years later. Shanny would not have allowed the Broncos to have fallen upon such bad times we all witness today. For although he did not field good-great defenses; Shanny had great offenses that kept the Broncos in the hunt for the playoffs and a guaranteed a consistent 8-11 wins while in rebuilding mode.

If EFX fail to bring this once proud franchise back to winning and respectability........Fans will be longing for the return of Shanahan or out right admit the Shanny was fired 3 years too early.

BCJ
11-08-2011, 02:53 AM
Shanahan should have been allowed to coach out the last 3 years remaining on his contract. This is the respect Bowlen should have shown the only and last coach in Bowline's life time to have won him two consecutive Super Bowls.

Bowlen hastily firing Shanahan, foolishly hiring a 32 Prima Donna as the HC to replace Shanny, while standing idly by and failing to get involve with stopping the Trade of Cutler; the last Pro Bowler QB since John Elway.

Now fast forward 3 years later. Shanny would not have allowed the Broncos to have fallen upon such bad times we all witness today. For although he did not field good-great defenses; Shanny had great offenses that kept the Broncos in the hunt for the playoffs and a guaranteed a consistent 8-11 wins while in rebuilding mode.If EFX fail to bring this once proud franchise back to winning and respectability........Fans will be longing for the return of Shanahan or out right admit the Shanny was fired 3 years too early.

He didnt hastily fire Shanny; Seems he hastily hired McDaniels. Shanny had us stuck in neutral and only his offensive playmaking didnt make it worse. His enept decisions as a "GM" and keeping a defensive coordinator was a major problem. When we and Bowlen wanted him to get rid of the last DC in Slowick, he refused and was sent on his way with Slowick. Only thing we long for Shanahan again is that it would not have been as bad when McDaniels ****** over the franchise. I highlighted the sentence above to point it out to those that forgot. He had 3 seasons that averaged .500! That isnt 8-11 wins. That's 8 wins exactly! We shouldnt have been in rebuilding mode if he drafted correctly. He is also the first coach to blow a 3 game lead with 3 games to play (or was it 4 game lead with 4 to play?).

Npba900
11-08-2011, 08:30 AM
He didnt hastily fire Shanny; Seems he hastily hired McDaniels. Shanny had us stuck in neutral and only his offensive playmaking didnt make it worse. His enept decisions as a "GM" and keeping a defensive coordinator was a major problem. When we and Bowlen wanted him to get rid of the last DC in Slowick, he refused and was sent on his way with Slowick. Only thing we long for Shanahan again is that it would not have been as bad when McDaniels ****** over the franchise. I highlighted the sentence above to point it out to those that forgot. He had 3 seasons that averaged .500! That isnt 8-11 wins. That's 8 wins exactly! We shouldnt have been in rebuilding mode if he drafted correctly. He is also the first coach to blow a 3 game lead with 3 games to play (or was it 4 game lead with 4 to play?).

I agree the 2008 season came to a crashing end. Between Slowicks horrendous defense and the fact the Broncos suffered season ending injury's to 7 RB's were the causes of giving up a 3 game lead that year. Down the stretch the Broncos had RB's off the street as their starters.

What was really ironic was the season ending injury Hillis suffered when he tore his hamstring. The games Hillis started in 2008 as a rookie were really impressive; he actually got the running game going, got the tough short yardage and gave Cutler a receiving threat out of the back field.

Despite only starting 6 games, Hillis was the Broncos leading rusher with just over 340yards, on 64 carries, avg 5.0 yds, with 5 TD's. In receiving Hillis had 14 receptions for 179 yds at 12.8 yds per catch.

Hillis's running style was perfect for the zone blocking scheme. Some may disagree but Hillis as the starting RB down the stretch would have been the missing player needed to win the 2008 AFC west.

Point is, had Shanny's Broncos won the AFC west and made the playoffs and won at least one post season game in 2008, Bowlen couldn't have fired Shananhan.

The talent Shanahan and the Goodman's were assembling through the draft between 2006-2008 should have been given more time to play together, Bowlen simply ran out patience. Unfortunately Shanahan ran out of time and the draft class between 2006-2008 are no longer with the Broncos.

pnbronco
11-08-2011, 10:42 AM

That would have been my vote too. We went from being one game away from the Super Bowl to can we win 2 games in a row and so much division among the fans.

Tned
11-08-2011, 10:51 AM
That would have been my vote too. We went from being one game away from the Super Bowl to can we win 2 games in a row and so much division among the fans.

I would have been perfectly happy going forward with Plummer, as I don't think he gets as much credit as he deserves.

That said, watching the Bears game last night, I was reminded how how horrible a move it was by McDaniels to trade him away.

BroncoNut
11-08-2011, 11:17 AM
for Eve to not eat that apple. That manipulative bitch fuked everything up

SmilinAssasSin27
11-11-2011, 02:32 PM
Woulda drafted Terrell Suggs, Troy Polamalu, Steven Jackson and Paul Posluszny.

Jsteve01
11-11-2011, 02:44 PM
Woulda drafted Terrell Suggs, Troy Polamalu, Steven Jackson and Paul Posluszny.

you can be a real a hole ya know it?

Hey I have a paper cut on my thumb. Do you have any lime salt to rub in it?