PDA

View Full Version : Wesley Woodyard talks about "Uncle Woody" nickname that MVP Dinner contest winner submitted

Tned
11-01-2011, 10:26 PM
Lindsay Jones wrote a little summary about tonight's MVP Dinner event, including Wesley talking about why he chose the nickname he did.

One small correction to her piece, Wesley didn't give the tickets away, BroncosForums paid for them, but Wesley was very involved in the promotion, both promoting it and choosing the winner.

Woodyard gave a pair of tickets to Tuesday’s event to a fan who submitted his favorite nickname on the website BroncosForums.com. The winning name?

Uncle Woody.

“To me, it means a lot. I had a couple others I liked, but to me, it symbolized a lot,” Woodyard said. “Some of my younger teammates call me Uncle Woodrow, and I’m soon to be an uncle any day now. My brother is having my nephew, so it’s pretty good.”

To read Lindsay's full piece about the event, go here: http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/11/01/woodyard-draws-crowd-of-broncos-for-charity-event/10528/?utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

Lancane
11-01-2011, 10:28 PM
It's better then Woodpecker which was the one I would have submitted!

camdisco24
11-01-2011, 10:29 PM
So who won?

Tned
11-01-2011, 10:32 PM
So who won?

Someone called BroncoBarry. He registered at the site over a year ago, but hadn't posted. I think more of reader than poster.

Personally, my favorite that was submitted multiple times was Wild, Wild Wes or Wild Wild Wesley.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2011, 11:01 PM
Someone called BroncoBarry. He registered at the site over a year ago, but hadn't posted. I think more of reader than poster.

Personally, my favorite that was submitted multiple times was Wild, Wild Wes or Wild Wild Wesley.

He posted once, and it was in regards to this:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1413288&postcount=23

I Eat Staples
11-01-2011, 11:05 PM
My nickname was way better. Can anyone argue with Big Woody? Come on now!

DenBronx
11-01-2011, 11:31 PM
He posted once, and it was in regards to this:

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showpost.php?p=1413288&postcount=23

Uncle Woody?

Lame...if thats what won it.

Lancane
11-02-2011, 01:34 AM
So what was the name you entered Tned?

(Postscript: I still think Wesley 'The Woodpecker' Woodyard is a better name!)

:D

Tned
11-02-2011, 07:07 AM
So what was the name you entered Tned?

(Postscript: I still think Wesley 'The Woodpecker' Woodyard is a better name!)

:D

No name submission from me. If I could have gone, I probably would have used the tickets and not had the contest!!

Dirk
11-02-2011, 07:12 AM
No name submission from me. I could have gone, I probably would have used the tickets and not had the contest!!

You're a good man T! Always doing for others. :salute:

UnderArmour
11-02-2011, 07:13 AM

Smart man. These boards are really only fun to post at when we're winning and it doesn't look like that is going to happen for a couple more years. Otherwise, it's just a bunch of arguing over who screwed up the franchise when, how, what players we need to cut, Tim Tebow is good, Tim Tebow is bad, Tim Tebow is God, Tim Tebow is horrible and needs to be cut immediately, Peyton Hillis, Josh McDaniels, Shanahan, I miss Jay Cutler, Jay Cutler was awful and I'm glad he got traded, etc etc etc etc etc... In short, the creative possibilities that exist to blame for the Broncos decline since Plummer left are endless. These boards are more of an exercise in creative writing than constructive discourse most of the time. The train wreck we have had going since that AFC Championship game is downright depressing. Don't get me wrong, I can't look away from any of it... But the people who don't post are the real geniuses.

Tned
11-02-2011, 07:14 AM
You're a good man T! Always doing for others. :salute:

Oh man, I'm half asleep. Increases my typo quotient by a factor of three or four.

Anyway, meant to say "If I could have gone, I probably would have..."

Missed a word in there.

Dirk
11-02-2011, 07:19 AM
Oh man, I'm half asleep. Increases my typo quotient by a factor of three or four.

Anyway, meant to say "If I could have gone, I probably would have..."

Missed a word in there.

:tsk:

WAKE UP!

Davii
11-02-2011, 11:05 AM
Awesome. Congrats to the winner and glad to see the forums get a mention in the Post.

gnomeflinger
11-02-2011, 11:15 AM
Being geographically challenged, I wouldn't have been able to go, so I didn't enter. Congrats to the winner! Have a great time at the dinner.