PDA

View Full Version : Hello From a New Member

Fullback32
11-01-2011, 10:26 AM
Just a quick hello to introduce myself.

I became a Broncos supporter when I moved to Colorado Springs back in 2000 and that support has become a fandom over the years. I am originally from Dallas, Texas so I don't think I need to mention my other team. I'm sure you know it has something to do with a blue star...please don't hate me for that. :lol: I've always had an AFC team and the Broncos are it.

The Houston Oilers were my AFC team for a long time, but then they moved to Tennesee and it never made any sense to support the Tennesee Oilers and then the Titans. When I moved to Colorado, I immediately adopted the Broncos. Over the 11 years I've lived here I've gotten to where I don't miss a Broncos game and become an actual fan.

I went to the Lions game this last Sunday and proudly wore my Elway throwback. I pretty much knew that we would get thrashed, but enjoyed my first live Broncos game anyway. The energy in the staduim was good, until, well, you know. I won't go on my Tebow rant here...I'll save it for the appropriate forum. :D

MileHighCrew
11-01-2011, 10:32 AM
Welcome to BF. There are some great football minds here to pick and learn from and Nut is here too.

BroncoNut
11-01-2011, 11:19 AM
thanks for that thoughtful introducition MHC. Welcome aboard fullback. I'm beginning to consider choosing an NFC team to become a fan of. Gotta give that some real consideration though. As you are well aware, as a fan, these are times that try men's souls.

Fullback32
11-01-2011, 11:25 AM
As you are well aware, as a fan, these are times that try men's souls.

That's a fact! Between the Cowboys and the Broncos for the past several seasons, it's been difficult for sure. But, I've been a Cowboys fan since 1967 and a Broncos fan since 2000, so I'm in for the long haul with both of them! Too set in my ways at almost 49 years old to change now. :D

Go Broncos!!!!

BroncoNut
11-01-2011, 12:47 PM
That's a fact! Between the Cowboys and the Broncos for the past several seasons, it's been difficult for sure. But, I've been a Cowboys fan since 1967 and a Broncos fan since 2000, so I'm in for the long haul with both of them! Too set in my ways at almost 49 years old to change now. :D

Go Broncos!!!!

you know, that is perfectly fine by me, and that's a real good start. Now who would you root for if the boys and broncos met in the sb? Would it depend?

Fullback32
11-01-2011, 01:07 PM
you know, that is perfectly fine by me, and that's a real good start. Now who would you root for if the boys and broncos met in the sb? Would it depend?

Well, I hope I never have to make that choice. Back in the 1977 Superbowl, it was Cowboys all the way. I still lived in Dallas, hadn't adopted the Broncos and didn't like Craig Morton.

If it were to happen now, I honestly think I could celebrate whether the Cowboys or the Broncos won. I say that as when I supported the Oilers and we got so close to a Cowboys-Oilers Superbowl back in 1992 (still don't know how the Oilers gave up a 35-point halftime lead against the Bills), I felt that way. Of course it never happened, so....

I'd have to say that I'd be ecstatic if the Cowboys win; happy if the Broncos win.

BroncoNut
11-01-2011, 01:11 PM
Well, I hope I never have to make that choice. Back in the 1977 Superbowl, it was Cowboys all the way. I still lived in Dallas, hadn't adopted the Broncos and didn't like Craig Morton.

If it were to happen now, I honestly think I could celebrate whether the Cowboys or the Broncos won. I say that as when I supported the Oilers and we got so close to a Cowboys-Oilers Superbowl back in 1992 (still don't know how the Oilers gave up a 35-point halftime lead against the Bills), I felt that way. Of course it never happened, so....

I'd have to say that I'd be ecstatic if the Cowboys win; happy if the Broncos win.

O.K. that seems to be an honest answer. Very good. Beef would like to talk with you next. He's our Personnel Director here at the Forums,... Beef's been with us for about 6 years now. Please make yourself comfortable and he'll be in in a minute.

Fullback32
11-01-2011, 01:27 PM
At Sunday's game...my step-son, me and the wife. Go Broncos!

https://fbcdn-sphotos-a.akamaihd.net/hphotos-ak-ash4/319221_2563968859187_1253076135_2986694_1810209440 _n.jpg

BroncoNut
11-01-2011, 01:28 PM
dang, it looks like it was a nice day there.

SR
11-01-2011, 04:47 PM
Welcome. There is a steadily increasing amount of people joining this board from the Metroplex. I do love me some DFW.

Denver Native (Carol)
11-01-2011, 07:04 PM
Welcome to Broncos forums Fullback :salute: How did you find out about us?

gnomeflinger
11-01-2011, 07:11 PM
Welcome! Even though the team sucks, we manage to have a good time.

Fullback32
11-01-2011, 08:50 PM
Welcome to Broncos forums Fullback :salute: How did you find out about us?

Thanks for the welcome. This forum was listed on the Broncos official site.