PDA

View Full Version : Watching Tebow play makes me miss..........

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 10:04 PM
Jake Plummer and heck when healthy Brian Griese.

and if anyone says Tebow is better than those guys should dial up my Tebow excuse thread.

They PLummer and Griese actually could throw a spiral and convert a 3rd down better than 0-20 in his last two halves and not have to pull a game out with a miracle comeback against a pathetic Fins team that gave us the game by going for 2 when it should not have.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 10:06 PM
The talent Tebow had on his national championship team

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:08 PM

Yeah because they're so successful at the pro level, right?

:lol:

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:09 PM

and if anyone says Tebow is better than those guys should dial up my Tebow excuse thread.

They PLummer and Griese actually could throw a spiral and convert a 3rd down better than 0-20 in his last two halves and not have to pull a game out with a miracle comeback against a pathetic Fins team that gave us the game by going for 2 when it should not have.

Cutler, Plummer, Griese...can we bring back DeBerg? :laugh:

lgenf
10-31-2011, 10:09 PM
Yeah because they're so successful at the pro level, right?

:lol:

Yeah they actually are.....:eek:

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 10:10 PM

What about the great Rex GROSSman. He made it to a Super Bowl and the only way Tebow gets there is by buying tickets.

Or maybe as a TE someday. I think he is a great athlete but not good at throwing the ball.

Also Steve Young Never looked as pathetic as this. Dont say in Tampa, I am sure he was not 0-20 in his last 2 first halves on 3rd down in a stretch playing there.

BroncoBJ
Am I the only one here that thinks Tebow is better then Elway ever was?

Locnar
It's sad to admit that I severely miss mediocrity. At least you aren't the laughing stock of the nfl when you are mediocre.. And with plummer we were a little bit better than mediocre.

I long for the days of rooting for my team in January. And I have yet to see any light at the end of the tunnel..

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 10:11 PM
Cutler, Plummer, Griese...can we bring back DeBerg? :laugh:

Right now Deberg would be more accurate on a screen pass. :salute:

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 10:12 PM
It's sad to admit that I severely miss mediocrity. At least you aren't the laughing stock of the nfl when you are mediocre.. And with plummer we were a little bit better than mediocre.

I long for the days of rooting for my team in January. And I have yet to see any light at the end of the tunnel..

I even miss Steve Buerlein or Gus Ferotte. Those guys at least could throw a down and out without missing the target by 10 yards

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 10:13 PM

NO you and the Teboites.

Elway could come out of the owners box adn give us a better chance vs Oak. I am sure he would throw a better spiral and be more accurate that is for sure.

Locnar
10-31-2011, 10:15 PM
Elway could throw from his knees and be more accurate than Tebow.

Tned
10-31-2011, 10:16 PM

Well, Cutler more than those guys. I'm one of the biggest Plummer supporters out there, but Cutler was a better QB and would be covering up a lot of our flaws right now.

That being said, seeing Tebow play makes me miss Shanahan & Kubiak's offense. If, and I realize it's a big if, this kid is going to be successful, he needs an HC/OC that knows how to build a team to it's player's strengths, AND more importantly, knows how to use mobility effectively, and that isn't calling QB runs between the tackles.

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 10:18 PM
Well, Cutler more than those guys. I'm one of the biggest Plummer supporters out there, but Cutler was a better QB and would be covering up a lot of our flaws right now.

That being said, seeing Tebow play makes me miss Shanahan & Kubiak's offense. If, and I realize it's a big if, this kid is going to be successful, he needs an HC/OC that knows how to build a team to it's player's strengths, AND more importantly, knows how to use mobility effectively, and that isn't calling QB runs between the tackles.

I was trying to be a wiseass.

Of course Cutler. Griese and PLummer were run out of town, so that is why I brought them up.

I think there are too many variables. I love his work ethtic and not saying he is not trying. I think he just cant throw without taking about an hr to release the ball. We are not playing Fla State or Auburn.

Nick
10-31-2011, 10:19 PM
I might have been the first person to get a Cutler jersey, Right after his name was called I ordered.

I was so ticked when McD came in here BUT still have his jersey. Not sure why but maybe start Tebowing and he will come back.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:19 PM
I was trying to be a wiseass.

Of course Cutler. Griese and PLummer were run out of town, so that is why I brought them up.

I think there are too many variables. I love his work ethtic and not saying he is not trying. I think he just cant throw without taking about an hr to release the ball. We are not playing Fla State or Auburn.

The fact we traded Cutler still makes me want to weep!

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 10:21 PM

Josh sucks. Enough said. That turd got his money from Bowlen though.

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:25 PM
Watching Tebow play makes me miss..........

the movie "something about Mary"... Tebows throwing motion reminds me of Mary's brother swatting at Ben Stiller when he loses his shit. I think Tebow is "special"

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:27 PM

he forced the trade though... McDaniels is a ***** but Cutler was whining about everything, not just the coach

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:31 PM
he forced the trade though... McDaniels is a ***** but Cutler was whining about everything, not just the coach

I'd bitch and whine as well if some sorry sack of a coach tried to trade my ass and I was a young franchise player.

Nomad
10-31-2011, 10:34 PM

Yeah, regardless of the issue with Bowlen and McDaniel, if Cutler wanted to remain a BRONCO....he could of.

I liked Plummer, Med!

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:40 PM
I'd bitch and whine as well if some sorry sack of a coach tried to trade my ass and I was a young franchise player.

to be fair... he also whined and made a big stink that Bowlen didnt return his call. Really? you're gonna cry because someone didnt return your call? call back if its that important.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:40 PM
Yeah, regardless of the issue with Bowlen and McDaniel, if Cutler wanted to remain a BRONCO....he could of.

I liked Plummer, Med!

Do you really believe that Josh McDaniels would have allowed that? It was even reported that McDaniels was edgy and confrontational in their meeting to work it out. Cutler's agent if I remember correctly told Adam Schefter that he was never involved in such a tense meeting before.

McDaniels was a liar, I have no doubts that the minute that Bowlen smoothed it over that he'd have tried to make another trade. I don't see a damn thing wrong with what Cutler asked for, simple reassurance that he wouldn't be traded...McDaniels wouldn't agree to that, because that's exactly what he wanted to do.

Oh well, it's done and over, and now we are here...reality sucks!

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:41 PM
Do you really believe that Josh McDaniels would have allowed that? It was even reported that McDaniels was edgy and confrontational in their meeting to work it out. Cutler's agent if I remember correctly told Adam Schefter that he was never involved in such a tense meeting before.

McDaniels was a liar, I have no doubts that the minute that Bowlen smoothed it over that he'd have tried to make another trade. I don't see a damn thing wrong with what Cutler asked for, simple reassurance that he wouldn't be traded...McDaniels wouldn't agree to that, because that's exactly what he wanted to do.

I'd rather have Cassel than Tebow lol...

hey, we all know McDaniels screwed this team for a long time, bud.

Northman
10-31-2011, 10:44 PM
When it came to McDaniels and Cutler, Bowlen should of nipped it in a bud early instead of waiting until after the BS continued between the both of them. Bowlen said the team was Jay's and sat back while McD tried to trade the kid. The onus was on Bowlen who failed to step up and fix the situation. By the time he got off his ass it was too late to fix.

Nomad
10-31-2011, 10:48 PM
I can't wait for the book to see who's theory is right!

Northman
10-31-2011, 10:50 PM
I can't wait for the book to see who's theory is right!

Who's and what book?

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:50 PM
When it came to McDaniels and Cutler, Bowlen should of nipped it in a bud early instead of waiting until after the BS continued between the both of them. Bowlen said the team was Jay's and sat back while McD tried to trade the kid. The onus was on Bowlen who failed to step up and fix the situation. By the time he got off his ass it was too late to fix.

I think Bowlen had stopped thinking correctly by that time, unfortunately. I respect Bowlen not only for his ownership tenure, but his contributions to other leagues over the years, but I think he may need to step back and let someone else take over.

Northman
10-31-2011, 10:51 PM
I think Bowlen had stopped thinking correctly by that time, unfortunately. I respect Bowlen not only for his ownership tenure, but his contributions to other leagues over the years, but I think he may need to step back and let someone else take over.

Probably, maybe he is trying to groom John into that kind of role i dont know.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:53 PM
Right now I'd take Willy Wonka as our quarterback, at least he can shoot fat kids through a tube! Would probably be the most entertainment we'd have for the rest of the season...not to mention he'd bring them little oompa loompas with him.

And we thought last year was as bad as it could get! I'd be glad if we could match last years record at this point. :tsk:

Nomad
Who's and what book?

I would say Bowlen's or Ellis's on their BRONCO experience, if they ever write one until then fans will have their own views of what happened!

weazel
Probably, maybe he is trying to groom John into that kind of role i dont know.

It was really sad when he finally came out and said he couldnt be sure if he received a call from Cutler because he doesnt remember things well anymore. That sucks, but really? If you know you're having problems like that, you have to step back and let someone else take over

Northman
10-31-2011, 10:54 PM
It was really sad when he finally came out and said he couldnt be sure if he received a call from Cutler because he doesnt remember things well anymore. That sucks, but really? If you know you're having problems like that, you have to step back and let someone else take over

Indeed. He handled that situation very badly.

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 10:55 PM
Who wouldn't rather have Plummer than Tebow? It's stupid to suggest otherwise. The fact that the OP thinks saying he'd rather watch Plummer than Tebow is some kind of witty sarcastic slight is hilarious to me.

What I find even funnier is when an Orton apologist tries to smack Plummer who did nothing but win for us. :laugh:

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:56 PM
it's not just coincidence that this team started tanking at the same time Bowlen started to go downhill...

Northman
10-31-2011, 10:58 PM
I would say Bowlen's or Ellis's on their BRONCO experience, if they ever write one until then fans will have their own views of what happened!

There really isnt much to view on in my opinion. McD took a phone call, got caught in a lie about it. Bowlen failed to step in and squash it and thus the diaper party between Cutler and McDaniels continued to grow until there was no turning back.

I know that you kind of hang your opinion on one piece by Peter King. But that opinion or report was NEVER verified by Jay, Pat, or even McDaniels. And for a guy like McD and his ego i dont see how allows the media to drag his name through the mud if he actually got a trade request from Jay at the beginning.

The only time the trade for Cutler was asked for was done by his agent AFTER the meeting that Jay had with McDaniels following the phone call shenanigans.

Nomad
10-31-2011, 10:59 PM
There really isnt much to view on in my opinion. McD took a phone call, got caught in a lie about it. Bowlen failed to step in and squash it and thus the diaper party between Cutler and McDaniels continued to grow until there was no turning back.

I know that you kind of hang your opinion on one piece by Peter King. But that opinion or report was NEVER verified by Jay, Pat, or even McDaniels. And for a guy like McD and his ego i dont see how allows the media to drag his name through the mud if he actually got a trade request from Jay at the beginning.

The only time the trade for Cutler was asked for was done by his agent AFTER the meeting that Jay had with McDaniels following the phone call shenanigans.

As you said it's your opinion!;) I believe Cutler is the culprit guilty from starting the rift that made McDaniels take the phone call because of Bowlen's promises to a young QB!

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 11:00 PM
it's not just coincidence that this team started tanking at the same time Bowlen started to go downhill...

This team started tanking when Elway retired and TD suffered what was effectively a career ending injury.

The tank job was finalized when Shanny scapegoated Larry Coyer and fired the first good DC we had since Robinson. I love Shanny and always will but his bumbling with DCs ended up being his ultimate demise, and essentially the demise of the franchise.

Northman
10-31-2011, 11:03 PM
As you said it's your opinion!;) I believe Cutler is the culprit guilty from starting the rift that made McDaniels take the phone call because of Bowlen's promises to a young QB!

Based off what though? Thats what i never really understood about your stance. If there was any truth to the idea that Jay asked for a trade then it would of been verified by multiple sources. To be honest, i just dont think you like Jay and thats ok. I can live with that reasoning far more than what your trying to sell to me here.

weazel
10-31-2011, 11:07 PM
This team started tanking when Elway retired and TD suffered what was effectively a career ending injury.

The tank job was finalized when Shanny scapegoated Larry Coyer and fired the first good DC we had since Robinson. I love Shanny and always will but his bumbling with DCs ended up being his ultimate demise, and essentially the demise of the franchise.

nah, 9-7 records arent tanking... but stringing 9 and 10 win seasons in a row doesnt help you in the draft. You cant keep drafting in the 25-30 range and think you will get great players. Not like our front office would have drafted well with better picks anyway lol

Nomad
10-31-2011, 11:15 PM
Based off what though? Thats what i never really understood about your stance. If there was any truth to the idea that Jay asked for a trade then it would of been verified by multiple sources. To be honest, i just dont think you like Jay and thats ok. I can live with that reasoning far more than what your trying to sell to me here.

I've never believed Jay asked for a trade right after McD was hired but gave him the cold shoulder, made it known he was dissatisfied, made it known Bowlen's promises then it really hit the fan when Bates was let go. He never welcomed his HC and McDaniels the other immature person involved did what he did. In the end after this was said and done, Cutler could of been a BRONCO if he chose but instead wanted a trade and threw the fans under the bus. BTW, I don't need your approval but my opinion in the matter is about as valid as yours.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 11:19 PM
I can't believe we're still arguing about Cutler.

Let it go people.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Tned
10-31-2011, 11:24 PM

He doesn't and never has. He's one of the Plummer was great and Shanny/Cutler screwed him over guys. Nothing will change his stance on Cutler.

Northman
10-31-2011, 11:25 PM
I've never believed Jay asked for a trade right after McD was hired but gave him the cold shoulder, made it known he was dissatisfied, made it known Bowlen's promises then it really hit the fan when Bates was let go. He never welcomed his HC and McDaniels the other immature person involved did what he did. In the end after this was said and done, Cutler could of been a BRONCO if he chose but instead wanted a trade and threw the fans under the bus. BTW, I don't need your approval but my opinion in the matter is about as valid as yours.

Who said your opinion needed approval? :lol:

Go change your manpon, i was just asking.

Tom Nalen
10-31-2011, 11:29 PM
Just thinking of Tebow in Denver's offense circa 2003-2005 makes me really badly miss Shanahan. Just think of Tebow and the naked bootleg with Julius Thomas running that TE drag and Demaryius Thomas going deep liek Lelie did in those years. McGahee takes over Mike Andersons role. Yeah I know, I am sad trippin -_-

Nomad
10-31-2011, 11:31 PM
He doesn't and never has. He's one of the Plummer was great and Shanny/Cutler screwed him over guys. Nothing will change his stance on Cutler.

I liked Plummer but I was more of a Ngata guy....try again! Prove me wrong in the Cutler saga and I'll shut up.....it holds just as much water as yours and Norths. I believe we wasted a pick on some whiny assed QB.

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 11:33 PM

I am sorry I did not want the Plummer vs Cutler to reappear.

I just brought up Qbs that were run out of town that actually could throw a spiral and convert a 3rd down.

I just want us to win again. I hate being sucky.

Broncos Mtnman
10-31-2011, 11:34 PM

Elway could throw WITH his knees and be more accurate than Tebow.

:coffee:

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 11:34 PM
Just thinking of Tebow in Denver's offense circa 2003-2005 makes me really badly miss Shanahan. Just think of Tebow and the naked bootleg with Julius Thomas running that TE drag and Demaryius Thomas going deep liek Lelie did in those years. McGahee takes over Mike Andersons role. Yeah I know, I am sad trippin -_-

I like the idea but Tebow would probably overthow the open WR

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 11:36 PM
Elway could throw WITH his knees and be more accurate than Tebow.

:coffee:

Now Mt Man I know how much you love Plummer (sarcasm) is Plummer better than Tebow in your eyes?

God I would love to hear Plummer threads to get to being relevant again.

Plummer looks like Tom Brady when compared to Tebow IMO

Nomad
Who said your opinion needed approval? :lol:

Go change your manpon, i was just asking.

Classic North.....manpon...any other elementary jibberish we can sling back and forth! You're pretty good at this when people don't agree with you.

Tned
I liked Plummer but I was more of a Ngata guy....try again! Prove me wrong in the Cutler saga and I'll shut up.....it holds just as much water as yours and Norths. I believe we wasted a pick on some whiny assed QB.

I believe that it was only after McDaniels made a pass at Cutler in the men's room that Cutler demanded a trade and wanted nothing to do with Denver.

Prove me wrong in the McDaniels saga and I'll shut up...

By the way, you whiny ass comment just reinforced what I said to North about your dislike of Cutler. You, like a few other posters (some not here anymore) have been very consistent in your Plummer praise and Cutler bashing.

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 11:38 PM
God I would take either right now.

They are both way better than Tebow will ever be as a QB, IMHO

Broncos Mtnman
10-31-2011, 11:41 PM
Now Mt Man I know how much you love Plummer (sarcasm) is Plummer better than Tebow in your eyes?

God I would love to hear Plummer threads to get to being relevant again.

Plummer looks like Tom Brady when compared to Tebow IMO

You heard it here first, but I'd love to be complaining about St. Jake again over Tebownhead.

:salute:

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 11:42 PM
You heard it here first, but I'd love to be complaining about St. Jake again over Tebownhead.

:salute:

That settles it. If he is not as good as the slightly above average QB then we are in deep pooh.

At least Plummer could throw an out pattern without winding up like a Rockies bullpen pitcher

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 11:43 PM
I believe that it was only after McDaniels made a pass at Cutler in the men's room that Cutler demanded a trade and wanted nothing to do with Denver.

By the way, you whiny ass comment just reinforced what I said to North about your dislike of Cutler. You, like a few other posters (some not here anymore) have been very consistent in your Plummer praise and Cutler bashing.

I must be really unique, I liked both of them.

I loved Plummer and I loved Cutler and thought he'd be the guy for a decade and a half. Thanks Josh.

Northman
10-31-2011, 11:47 PM
Classic North.....manpon...any other elementary jibberish we can sling back and forth! You're pretty good at this when people don't agree with you.

Pot meet kettle.

Northman
10-31-2011, 11:48 PM

qft

Honestly though, i like Nomad but to get bent out of shape just because i asked him to clarify his stance is a bit retarded. But apparently now im picking on him so i will leave him alone for the night.

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 11:49 PM
Pot meet kettle.

lol sorry to start this fun with my thread.

I was not picking either. I was just looking at past qbs that were run out of town that had way more success than I envision helicopter Tebow having.

Northman
10-31-2011, 11:50 PM
lol sorry to start this fun with my thread.

I was not picking either. I was just looking at past qbs that were run out of town that had way more success than I envision helicopter Tebow having.

Oh i know. I could care less about it one way or the other. Whats done is done and none of them are coming back.

Tned
10-31-2011, 11:52 PM
I must be really unique, I liked both of them.

I loved Plummer and I loved Cutler and thought he'd be the guy for a decade and a half. Thanks Josh.

I'm right there with you. Plummer was a "play his heart out guy" that was a mobile playmaker, but not your classic QB. In the Shanny/Kubiak offense, he was really able to shine.

Cutler, was more of a classic QB, with a cannon for an arm, good (not great) mobility, and a guy that could have, and should have, solidified the QB spot in Denver for a decade or more.

I have never gotten these guys that think if you like X, then you must hate Y.

Worse, we've got quite a few people that like Orton ONLY, because he replaced Cutler, and hated Cutler, only because he replaced Plummer, who they loved. That's screwed up.

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 11:56 PM
I'm right there with you. Plummer was a "play his heart out guy" that was a mobile playmaker, but not your classic QB. In the Shanny/Kubiak offense, he was really able to shine.

Cutler, was more of a classic QB, with a cannon for an arm, good (not great) mobility, and a guy that could have, and should have, solidified the QB spot in Denver for a decade or more.

Worse, we've got quite a few people that like Orton ONLY, because he replaced Cutler, and hated Cutler, only because he replaced Plummer, who they loved. That's screwed up.

I root for all of them. I liked Cutler better, I will not lie. I just wish Mcd did not screw this up.

I did not mind Plummer either, We had a better team back then as well.

Tebow I was never high on. I root for him because of being our Qb but am not impressed with much besides his few broken plays and decent runs.

chazoe60
11-01-2011, 12:03 AM
The only QBs I intensly disliked (as QBs, I'm sure they're fine people) were Orton and Griese. They're very similar and it's easy to see that one mentored the other.

I do not care for their consevative, to the point of being cowardly, play. I also never cared for either of their leadership styles.

I think the only type of QB who will ever be truly accepted here en masse is a fearless gunslinger type with bold leadership skills. Elway has ruined us as football fans. But I'm fine with it. I grew up watching the GOAT and I don't think it's wrong to want something that is at least close.

BroncoStud
11-01-2011, 05:26 AM

Exactly. I hate our coaching and our offense. Tebow appears to be years IF EVER away from being a worthy NFL QB, but this offense will hold back anyone we acquire as well. I really miss Shanahan's offenses and his ability to coach up players. I just haven't seen that from the current staff. They're 100% clueless on the offensive side of the football.

Juriga72
11-01-2011, 07:01 AM
God... to even sniff 8-8 these days... I MISS that

claymore
11-01-2011, 07:33 AM

I hated Plummer before we drafted Cutler. Its one of the reasons I liked Cutler so much.

I was thinking about Plummer this morning on the drive in. I think he could have been an all time great in Shanny's offense.

He just liked playing football though. He didnt like to study, and he didnt care if at the end of the day there was a W or L in the win loss collum.

I hated Plummers "heart" and his aloof personality alongside his anger issues and disrespect to the fans.

Any who, I only miss Elway and Cutler. All the other QB's we have had are scrubs.

weazel
11-01-2011, 11:24 AM
I love Bubby Brister

oh, and lamp.

vandammage13
11-01-2011, 11:44 AM
I miss Jake Plummer anyway....

I know a lot of people didn't like him but I thought he was a pretty damn good QB.

Npba900
11-01-2011, 12:36 PM
I even miss Steve Buerlein or Gus Ferotte. Those guys at least could throw a down and out without missing the target by 10 yards

Does anyone miss Jay Cutler!!!!:confused:

I noticed no one compared Tebow to Cutler........What gives???:D

NightTerror218
11-01-2011, 12:38 PM

T.K.O.
11-01-2011, 12:48 PM
Thank the Lord we still have Quinn to fall back on:shocked:

DenBronx
11-01-2011, 01:41 PM

I still cant believe he let McD ship out our FCQB.

We are the laughing stock of the NFL for years now because of it. Bowlen really lost his marbles on that one. Cutler is 100x better than any of the QBs on our roster.

Our only saving grace is to sell the farm for Luck.

Do it, I dont care what we give up. Trade our whole damn draft and next years 1st and 2nd as well.

Trade Moreno, Royal, Tebow, Ayers and DJ while we're at it. If we're going to truly rebuild then just rip the foundation and build this house on rock and not sand.

Jsteve01
11-01-2011, 01:52 PM
The only QBs I intensly disliked (as QBs, I'm sure they're fine people) were Orton and Griese. They're very similar and it's easy to see that one mentored the other.

I do not care for their consevative, to the point of being cowardly, play. I also never cared for either of their leadership styles.

I think the only type of QB who will ever be truly accepted here en masse is a fearless gunslinger type with bold leadership skills. Elway has ruined us as football fans. But I'm fine with it. I grew up watching the GOAT and I don't think it's wrong to want something that is at least close.

Go back and watch the Griese come back against the Raiders after the shoulder injury and tell me he was cowardly. The guy had guts. he just never could get over the hump after that injury.

Jsteve01
11-01-2011, 01:54 PM

We are the laughing stock of the NFL for years now because of it. Bowlen really lost his marbles on that one. Cutler is 100x better than any of the QBs on our roster.

Do it, I dont care what we give up. Trade our whole damn draft and next years 1st and 2nd as well.

Trade Moreno, Royal, Tebow, Ayers and DJ while we're at it. If we're going to truly rebuild then just rip the foundation and build this house on rock and not sand.

That philosophy has worked out well for other teams in the past. See the Falcons this year and then go back and look at the Saints and while you're at it ask the Vikings how that worked. And Walker was an established player. I'd do it maybe for Rogers but no way for Luck

Dreadnought
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM
Go back and watch the Griese come back against the Raiders after the shoulder injury and tell me he was cowardly. The guy had guts. he just never could get over the hump after that injury.

:salute: I Loved Griese, though after his 2002 meltdown I understood he was done. He was a 100% legit probowl QB in 2000. Never could warm up to Plummer, for the reasons Clay stated and his period mental collapses.

Cugel
11-01-2011, 02:01 PM

:eek: What planet are you from? :coffee:

Cugel
11-01-2011, 02:09 PM
Watching Tebow play makes me miss. . . . getting beaten up and having my lunch money stolen by the bullies in elementary school. It's that bad. :coffee:

T.K.O.
11-01-2011, 02:27 PM
Josh McDaniels :behindsofa:

DenBronx
11-01-2011, 03:00 PM
That philosophy has worked out well for other teams in the past. See the Falcons this year and then go back and look at the Saints and while you're at it ask the Vikings how that worked. And Walker was an established player. I'd do it maybe for Rogers but no way for Luck

Falcons got a WR who seems to look like a great pick barring a minor injury. So the verdict is still out on Julio. Again, we are talking QB, not WRs.

The Saints got Ricky Williams and yes that was too much for a RB. We are talking FCQB not a RB where the average NFL span is 5 years. Horrible trade.

The Bears gave two 1st for a FCQB. It impacted the Bears so much that they got to the NFCCG last year and are still respectable even with the NFLs worst OLine and no name WRs.

Giving two 1st and change isnt all that much for a player like Luck.

NightTerror218
11-01-2011, 04:03 PM
Watching Tebow play makes me miss. . . . getting beaten up and having my lunch money stolen by the bullies in elementary school. It's that bad. :coffee:

So you miss your manhood......:salute:

I miss mine too. How can I talk sh*t to other teams when mine is the worst. :tsk:

Fullback32
11-01-2011, 04:06 PM
....Craig Morton. Hehe.

Cugel
11-01-2011, 04:11 PM
Josh McDaniels :behindsofa:

C'mon! It's not THAT bad! :tsk:

Josh McDaniels is as bad as getting set on fire! :flame:

Cugel
11-01-2011, 04:13 PM
So you miss your manhood......:salute:

No. It wasn't that bad. They didn't cut anything off or anything! :whoah:

NightTerror218
11-01-2011, 04:58 PM
No. It wasn't that bad. They didn't cut anything off or anything! :whoah:

They have medication that can create the same affect......so can a mental block.

BroncoStud
11-01-2011, 05:00 PM
To think... We had the following when Hurricane McDaniels arrived in Denver...

Jay Cutler
Peyton Hillis
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Lloyd
Eddie Royal
Tony Scheffler
A GOOD Ryan Clady
Jeremy Bates
An 8-8 record
The 2nd ranked offense in the NFL
47.5% 3rd down conversions

Now look at us... We're an f'ing joke... :elefant:

Locnar
11-01-2011, 07:23 PM

Jay Cutler
Peyton Hillis
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Lloyd
Eddie Royal
Tony Scheffler
A GOOD Ryan Clady
Jeremy Bates
An 8-8 record

The only paper bags we needed were for groceries.. We were such a proud franchise.. :tsk:

Not to say I'm still not proud to be a Bronco. It's just now when I go to the store with my Bronco hoodie on people point and laugh. Now I know how Bengal and Lions fans felt when they dealt with this crap..

sneakers
11-01-2011, 07:28 PM

Elway could throw with his left arm better than Tebow can with his.

Locnar
11-01-2011, 07:34 PM
Elway could throw with his left arm better than Tebow can with his.

Elway's ex wife could throw better than Tebow..

BroncoNut
11-01-2011, 08:19 PM
Brandstater

Medford Bronco
11-01-2011, 08:35 PM
I love Bubby Brister

oh, and lamp.

Oh wait I loved Tommy Maddox:elefant::lol:
and Hugh Millen

Medford Bronco
11-01-2011, 08:36 PM

Jay Cutler
Peyton Hillis
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Lloyd
Eddie Royal
Tony Scheffler
A GOOD Ryan Clady
Jeremy Bates
An 8-8 record

and dont forget Josh the fraud is helping the Rams to their 1-6 record and a mere 12 PPG . Great job Josh:salute::lol:

I Eat Staples
11-01-2011, 09:03 PM
About the Cutler thing:

McD tried to trade Cutler for Cassell. That moronic move is all you need to know to blame McDouche for the entire thing. Cutler for Cassel? Seriously? If a fan proposed that we'd call them a troll.

Lancane
11-01-2011, 09:54 PM
About the Cutler thing:

McD tried to trade Cutler for Cassell. That moronic move is all you need to know to blame McDouche for the entire thing. Cutler for Cassel? Seriously? If a fan proposed that we'd call them a troll.

That's pretty much where I sit on the damn subject. And I feel worse, because I was such a driven advocate for McNumbnuts to get the Head Coaching position. And in one fell swoop, he made me change my view and stance on him. The minute I heard he tried to trade Cutler for Cassel, I was like "What the F'!"..."Fire his ass Bowlen and don't hestitate!" I was livid, the only reason I supported him as the head coach was because I believe he'd help Cutler by instilling the Air-Erhardt, and likewise because he'd bring the 3-4 philosophy to Denver.

Had he not traded Cutler or caused the rivet, instilled his offensive scheme, made fewer 'Napoleon' mistakes in regards to players and staff and drafted better, we'd probably would have playoff contender last year as well as this year.

F' McNumbnuts and Belichick he rode in on!

Npba900
11-02-2011, 06:43 AM

Jay Cutler
Peyton Hillis
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Lloyd
Eddie Royal
Tony Scheffler
A GOOD Ryan Clady
Jeremy Bates
An 8-8 record

You can thank "Hands-Off" Pat Bowlen for the demise of this once proud Franchise! After all it was Pat who fired Shanny and Pat who hired the "Ebola Virus" McDaniels, and of course the Rest Is History!!!

Shanahan did say immediately after his firing..."I left some pretty good players on offense" for the new coach to enjoy!;)

I'd say right about now the Bronco fans sure wouldn't mind having Shanahan as HC and Cutler their franchise QB! Just Saying.

Npba900
11-02-2011, 06:46 AM
and dont forget Josh the fraud is helping the Rams to their 1-6 record and a mere 12 PPG . Great job Josh:salute::lol:

McD should be coaching H.S. football somewhere in Ohio right about now!!!!

Tned
11-02-2011, 01:52 PM

Jay Cutler
Peyton Hillis
Brandon Marshall
Brandon Lloyd
Eddie Royal
Tony Scheffler
A GOOD Ryan Clady
Jeremy Bates
An 8-8 record

Lloyd was signed as a free agent after McDaniels was here and after the Cutler trade. Cutler and Lloyd were never on the team together.

The Glue Factory
11-02-2011, 01:54 PM

NO! Giving away that many picks when we have such a huge deficit of talent will only insure our continued level of utter suckage! If we had a sufficiently talented team but missing the FHOFQB, then yes; mortgage your short-term future to get it, but right now we've got hardly anyone worthy of starting in the NFL that we need to spend the next 5 drafts just getting up to an average talent level in the NFL.

The Glue Factory
11-02-2011, 03:44 PM
You can thank "Hands-Off" Pat Bowlen for the demise of this once proud Franchise! After all it was Pat who fired Shanny and Pat who hired the "Ebola Virus" McDaniels, and of course the Rest Is History!!!

Shanahan did say immediately after his firing..."I left some pretty good players on offense" for the new coach to enjoy!;)

I'd say right about now the Bronco fans sure wouldn't mind having Shanahan as HC and Cutler their franchise QB! Just Saying.

Shanahan also acknowledged he made some mistakes, so it wasn't all roses for him either. Anyone remember how much we were screaming for him to get a different DC and stick with that one? Coyer or Slowick, didn't matter as they ran pretty much the same thing with similar results.

rcsodak
11-02-2011, 05:20 PM

Oh well, it's done and over, and now we are here...reality sucks!
Elway didnt throw a tantrum when it was rumored he was on the block.
just sayin'......

rcsodak
11-02-2011, 05:29 PM

Plummer>Cutler

Records speak for themselves.

I Eat Staples
11-02-2011, 05:56 PM
Elway didnt throw a tantrum when it was rumored he was on the block.
just sayin'......

So you think McD was justified in trying to trade Cutler for Cassel?

rcsodak
11-02-2011, 06:02 PM
So you think McD was justified in trying to trade Cutler for Cassel?
I think no player is non-tradable.
I hope that clears up any questions. ;')

I Eat Staples
11-02-2011, 06:17 PM

I never said Cutler was non-tradable. If the Colts had offered Peyton Manning for him, we'd trade him. But Cutler for Cassel is beyond idiotic.

Nick
11-02-2011, 06:21 PM
Watching Tebow play makes me miss...... Drinking

rcsodak
11-02-2011, 06:23 PM
I never said Cutler was non-tradable. If the Colts had offered Peyton Manning for him, we'd trade him. But Cutler for Cassel is beyond idiotic.
Cutler sure thinks he's above it.

Bringing in a player thats knows the system is idiotic?

Nobody knows the dynamics of the supposed discussions, for certain. Only conjecture and he said/he said.

Old news.....time to move on.

I Eat Staples
11-02-2011, 06:50 PM
Cutler sure thinks he's above it.

Bringing in a player thats knows the system is idiotic?

Nobody knows the dynamics of the supposed discussions, for certain. Only conjecture and he said/he said.

Old news.....time to move on.

Cassel is a terrible QB. Trading a franchise QB for a below average stopgap is idiotic, regardless of if he knows the system. Cassel has as good a chance of being a team's future as Orton.

nflfan
11-03-2011, 06:36 AM
Cassel is a terrible QB. Trading a franchise QB for a below average stopgap is idiotic, regardless of if he knows the system. Cassel has as good a chance of being a team's future as Orton.

Yeah, one only need look at how McDaniels drained Denver of talent. He undervalued Cutler, Marshall, and Hillis, while overvaluing Moreno, Ayers, Alphonso Smith, Richard Quinn, and Tebow. That's the problem when a coach puts more faith in a system than in his players; he gets a distorted view of a player's value.

Tned
11-03-2011, 07:14 AM

As soon as the their was the slightest pressure, Plummer folded like a piece of paper at the Wold Origami Championships.

weazel
11-03-2011, 01:45 PM
Bubby Brister