PDA

View Full Version : When is it time to part with your head coach?

Bronco Bible
01-03-2009, 03:56 PM
If a coach does what people expect... that is not realistic...lets say if your head coach does half of what is expected in lets say 10 years,wins a couple or three superbowls... when should the organization break ties? opinions:coffee:

Tned
01-03-2009, 04:01 PM
Not sure I understand the question completely. Does half of what is expected, wins a couple or three super bowls.

If a coach wins three Super Bowls in 10 years, he should be untouchable for quite a while after the last SB win, because it is extremely rare for a team/coach to win one SB, forget three.

TXBRONC
01-03-2009, 07:26 PM
BB I'm not sure I'm not sure I understand. :confused:

skycoyote
01-03-2009, 09:18 PM
When he won't fire Bob Slowik or give up his General Manager position. Also, how about when you give him everything he asks for in 10 years an he wins 1 playoff game. Oh and don't forget the defense he built, special teams, the draft picks and the free agents. I think it was time he was handed his hat.

Shazam!
01-03-2009, 10:54 PM
If the Broncos beat one of the lowly dregs of teams they lost to, like the Raiders, the Chiefs or the Bills, Denver would be playing in Invesco right now as Division Champions. Win or lose, Shanahan would be here in 2009. It's his own fault and he admitted it.

If Bellichick won one Division and one playoff win in 10 years and went 24-24 in the last three years, he'd be fired too.

Broncolingus
01-03-2009, 11:32 PM
When a GM produces a significantly declining talent level on the team that is proven by the results of one playoff win in 10 years, and missing the playoffs for three years straight, then one MUST make a change...