PDA

View Full Version : The Real Problem with this offense?

Jsteve01
10-31-2011, 03:52 PM
Tebow, McCoy, The Oline or is it Congress' fault we're not making progress?

Discuss.

GEM
10-31-2011, 03:53 PM
It's Miles' fault. Stupid donkey.

BigDaddyBronco
10-31-2011, 03:54 PM

Discuss.

QB, RB's, OLine, WR's. I think the TE's haven't been too bad. Maybe that is why they have 14 of them.

I actually think the OLine has regressed in pass protection from the McDaniels days. How the eff is that possible.

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 03:54 PM
The problem started when Bowlen fired Shanny and hired an egotistical doooooosh.

Jsteve01
10-31-2011, 03:55 PM
I went with option e. The perfect (or imperfect) storm scenario. Just a grand hodge podge of suckery.

sneakers
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
If we could run the ball worth 2 shits, we would make things much easier.

BigDaddyBronco
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
The problem started when Bowlen fired Shanny and hired an egotistical doooooosh.

Actually, the problem started when Shanny decided to keep Slowick around. I would have fired Shanny too after that move.

Jsteve01
10-31-2011, 03:57 PM
Actually, the problem started when Shanny decided to keep Slowick around. I would have fired Shanny too after that move.

But Slow was the best coach Champ's ever played for along with every other position coach or coordinator he's been under lol

Tned
10-31-2011, 03:58 PM
It's Miles' fault. Stupid donkey.

I've been saying it for a while now, the Broncos dominance ended the day after Miles joined the team. He brought this franchise to it's knees!!!!

Jsteve01
10-31-2011, 03:58 PM

wtf are you talking about the running game has been the least of our worries this year. Especially the last 3 or 4 games

sneakers
10-31-2011, 03:59 PM
wtf are you talking about the running game has been the least of our worries this year. Especially the last 3 or 4 games

LOL like anyone respects our running game.

BigDaddyBronco
10-31-2011, 04:00 PM
I've been saying it for a while now, the Broncos dominance ended the day after Miles joined the team. He brought this franchise to it's knees!!!!

What are you saying? Time to make dog food?

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 04:00 PM
It's Lonestar's fault.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

tomjonesrocks
10-31-2011, 04:01 PM

Though often stated, Bowlen could have waited a couple weeks before firing Shanahan over that. Shanny said he wasn't planning on firing Slowik immediately after another Chargers asskicking in a presser. He could have waited a few weeks and let the whole thing simmer down before going straight to shitcanning Shanahan. And what was wrong with Bowlen firing Slowik and seeing if Shanahan would actually resign over it?

Maybe things didn't go down quite as I understand they did--but it seemed more that Bowlen had his mind made up regardless and the Slowik thing was just another reason.

Buff
10-31-2011, 04:01 PM
I think NTL is at the root of all of this. I'm not 100% sure how he got us here, but I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

BigDaddyBronco
10-31-2011, 04:03 PM
I think NTL is at the root of all of this. I'm not 100% sure how he got us here, but I'm going to get to the bottom of it.

He is probably working on buying the team. He needs to drop the value to maximize this deal.

Nomad
10-31-2011, 04:05 PM
Throw a dart at the offensive (from coaching to players) dartboard and you'll be right wherever it lands!

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 04:10 PM

Slowick :mad:

Jsteve01
10-31-2011, 04:12 PM
Though often stated, Bowlen could have waited a couple weeks before firing Shanahan over that. Shanny said he wasn't planning on firing Slowik immediately after another Chargers asskicking in a presser. He could have waited a few weeks and let the whole thing simmer down before going straight to shitcanning Shanahan. And what was wrong with Bowlen firing Slowik and seeing if Shanahan would actually resign over it?

Maybe things didn't go down quite as I understand they did--but it seemed more that Bowlen had his mind made up regardless and the Slowik thing was just another reason.

Shanny's biggest problems were assembling staffs and zero accountability. I think Bowlen firing Slow would have been a good move. Great point TJR

Jsteve01
10-31-2011, 04:14 PM
LOL like anyone respects our running game.

Our rushing offense is top 10 in the league. Are you joking? It's not the dominance we came to expect with Turner and Gibbs but it's definitely not our biggest problem

Nick
10-31-2011, 04:20 PM
QB is the number one thing. With a decent QB this is a team that can compete. OL and RB are needs and bigger needs then personnel.

Even though I did not want Fox and been preaching about harbaugh since his 1st year at Stanford. I will give them 2 more years.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 04:24 PM
RE: the running game - didn't we have 195 yards or so rushing yesterday?

I Eat Staples
10-31-2011, 04:26 PM
All of the above and then some.

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 04:28 PM

Whose idea was it to bring in Miles?

JR did it. :nod:

BORDERLINE
10-31-2011, 04:41 PM
McDouche is to blame. We had a Outstanding offense that should have been left alone and focus on the defense. Josh blew up our offense and left our defense as is. We have not recovered.

EHH....I was all for bringing in a new guy had I known McD was gonna do what he did to the team SMH

Lancane
10-31-2011, 04:44 PM
Without question the quarterback position, a good or great quarterback can raise the level of an offense immediately, even with an inept offensive coordinator.

Had Denver had a quarterback with a big arm, solid mechanics and good overall accuracy, then the Broncos would not have been down by fifteen against Miami and would have been winning from the start. Also Denver loses by far less against Detroit if at all, the Broncos had receivers open all over the place during the game. The Broncos also likely beat Oakland week one, Tennessee in week three. Tebow has an okay arm, not great but not bad, his accuracy and mechanics are horrendous, not to mention that he holds onto the ball too long because he's indecisive, lacks good field vision and struggles with his reads and progressions. We'd likely be 4-3 right now with a good quarterback.

If not for the Tebow fanatics, I don't think he'd see another down as an NFL starting quarterback.

dogfish
10-31-2011, 04:51 PM
The Real Problem with this offense?

we have a high school OC, no quarterback, and no talent. . .

i'd say that about sums it up. . .

Davii
10-31-2011, 04:57 PM
I blame the platoon.

This offense has dishonored themselves and dishonored the platoon. I have tried to help them. But I have failed. I have failed because YOU have not helped me. YOU people, have not given the offense the proper motivation! So, from now on, whenever the offense ****s up, I will not punish them! I will punish all of YOU! And the way I see it ladies, you owe me for ONE JELLY DOUGHNUT! NOW, GET DOWN ON YOUR FACES!

dogfish
10-31-2011, 05:20 PM
I blame the platoon.

This offense has dishonored themselves and dishonored the platoon. I have tried to help them. But I have failed. I have failed because YOU have not helped me. YOU people, have not given the offense the proper motivation! So, from now on, whenever the offense ****s up, I will not punish them! I will punish all of YOU! And the way I see it ladies, you owe me for ONE JELLY DOUGHNUT! NOW, GET DOWN ON YOUR FACES!

how, by making us watch more of this offense?

:laugh:

Davii
10-31-2011, 05:35 PM
how, by making us watch more of this offense?

:laugh:

Yes, and by naming all current starters to permanent starter status, naming Orton the qb coach, and bringing back Ryan Leaf to back up Tebow.

CrazyHorse
10-31-2011, 05:36 PM

Discuss.

Definitely congress, but only the House of Representatives because it has a Republican majority.:elefant:

lgenf
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
We have no talent

Lancane
10-31-2011, 05:57 PM
We have no talent

No, we do have talent...it's just people like to believe otherwise because it's an easier excuse to swallow.

Davii
10-31-2011, 08:38 PM
Definitely congress, but only the House of Representatives because it has a Republican majority.:elefant:

Let's be real here, this is definitely the democrats fault, completely.

Prior to the DNC announcing President Obama as their nominee in 2008 the Broncos were 77-51 at the "new"mile high, a 60.1 win percentage since our stadium was used by the DNC we have gone 22-33.

This is clearly the democrats fault.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 08:44 PM
Let's be real here, this is definitely the democrats daily, completely.

Prior to the DNC announcing President Obama as their nominee in 2008 the Broncos were 77-51 at the "new"mile high, a 60.1 win percentage since our stadium was used by the DNC we have gone 22-33.

This is clearly the democrats fault.

What the hell did we do to you? How dare you say I was part of such a curse (I'm devastated), it's in fact Bowlen's fault, he tore down the real Mile High, think about all the bad shit that has happened since then!

:D

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 09:25 PM
Cant run the ball worth a lick save for when McGahee plays.

Bad O line. Pathetic Qbing from both Orton and Tebow.

1935 playbook. You are allowed to pass on 1st down right McCoy.

Juriga72
10-31-2011, 09:33 PM

When we get behind by 30 again... we'll REALLY start running them down....LOL

Juriga72
10-31-2011, 09:34 PM
Cant run the ball worth a lick save for when McGahee plays.

Bad O line. Pathetic Qbing from both Orton and Tebow.

1935 playbook. You are allowed to pass on 1st down right McCoy.

4 pass plays on first down the last TWO first halfs...... 14 drives

smageneration
10-31-2011, 09:37 PM
Forgive this blasphemy, but BOWLEN is the problem. Seldom do we see a more conservative owner in the NFL. He believes in minor change.. Little bits and pieces. The only massive renovations were under McD, and we all know how that went. I think Josh would've had much more success had Bowlen allowed him to continue to run his program. After the first 6 games of 09, Bowlen crapped himself and saw the team as it was --too good to be true-- and he made moves that made the Donkeys an extremely stingy and cautious team in a bad way. Until we can make some serious moves in trades, free agency, and the draft.. We won't be anything close to the 97'-98' Broncos

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 09:37 PM

sad really really sad.

nflfan
11-01-2011, 06:47 AM
The problem with the offense is that Fox/McCoy/Xanders has no big vision of where they want this offense to go. No vision, no identity, no direction ... all lead to mediocrity.

Shanahan always had a vision for the offense, and he got players based on that. During the Plummer years, it was about being an unstoppable zone blocking rushing team, with a QB who could manage the game well. During the Cutler years, it was about building an explosive passing offense with players who could dominate their coverage, while still utilizing a strong zone blocking rushing attack.

As terrible a head coach and talent evaluator McDaniels was, he always had a clear vision of what he wanted the Broncos offense to be .... the Pats. People like to point out the flaws, like where were the points, running game, etc., but at times, offensive execution was pretty good. There was a time Orton was extremely efficient with the football.

Now, what is the Broncos vision on offense? If it's based on what the Panthers were, because of McCoy and Fox, that's just a terribly outdated concept. Fox doesn't look like he has a vision for the offense; does Xanders? Maybe Xanders will later say he didn't have anything to do with this offense ... that is his style.

Buff
11-01-2011, 09:35 AM
The problem with the offense is that Fox/McCoy/Xanders has no big vision of where they want this offense to go. No vision, no identity, no direction ... all lead to mediocrity.

Shanahan always had a vision for the offense, and he got players based on that. During the Plummer years, it was about being an unstoppable zone blocking rushing team, with a QB who could manage the game well. During the Cutler years, it was about building an explosive passing offense with players who could dominate their coverage, while still utilizing a strong zone blocking rushing attack.

As terrible a head coach and talent evaluator McDaniels was, he always had a clear vision of what he wanted the Broncos offense to be .... the Pats. People like to point out the flaws, like where were the points, running game, etc., but at times, offensive execution was pretty good. There was a time Orton was extremely efficient with the football.

Now, what is the Broncos vision on offense? If it's based on what the Panthers were, because of McCoy and Fox, that's just a terribly outdated concept. Fox doesn't look like he has a vision for the offense; does Xanders? Maybe Xanders will later say he didn't have anything to do with this offense ... that is his style.

I agree - this team has no identity... Part of the problem is that we don't really have any elite play makers on offense, so it's hard to establish an identity when we have no idea where the points are going to come from.

John Fox wants to beat you with defense and a running game. Problem is, right now our defense and running game both suck, so we can't really hang our hat on anything. Plus, while a running game and defense will always be any good team's foundation, you need a dynamic passing game in order to keep the other team honest. When you have none of the above, you get the 2011 Denver Broncos.

BroncoNut
11-01-2011, 09:38 AM
I agree - this team has no identity... Part of the problem is that we don't really have any elite play makers on offense, so it's hard to establish an identity when we have no idea where the points are going to come from.

John Fox wants to beat you with defense and a running game. Problem is, right now our defense and running game both suck, so we can't really hang our hat on anything. Plus, while a running game and defense will always be any good team's foundation, you need a dynamic passing game in order to keep the other team honest. When you have none of the above, you get the 2011 Denver Broncos.

we had an elite player until a certain wr went to play for St. Louis. Thanks Coach Fox :wave:

Jsteve01
11-01-2011, 09:45 AM

I think the defense is middle of the pack if they're not suffering through 3 and outs from the offense.

vandammage13
11-01-2011, 09:56 AM
I think it is Elways fault for losing to father time and getting old, then retiring from football.

FlyByU
11-01-2011, 09:57 AM
From the FO to the Practice team and everything between needs revamped and improved or this team will never be a SB contender let alone being able to make a serious playoff run.

SM19
11-01-2011, 03:48 PM
Went with "overall personnel problems." We don't have the players. Tebow is awful, but the offense was bad before he got on the field. He's not the problem, he's just making the problem worse.

nflfan
11-01-2011, 11:41 PM

I agree, the last time the Broncos had quality talent on the skills positions was 2008.

With Fox/Xanders, though, I'm not convinced they have an eye for properly evaluating talent at the QB, WR, and TE positions. Plus, the Broncos lost a lot of that talent on Xanders watch, he he washes his hands of.

I'm just not sold on this GM and HC. Hopefully, Elway will do a better job than Bowlen has these last few seasons.

Magnificent Seven
11-02-2011, 12:17 AM
Broncos need an outstanding QB coach. The offensive linemen didn't do well and they need to practice harder.

rcsodak
11-02-2011, 06:41 PM
8th in the league is shitty?
http://www.nfl.com/stats/categorystats?archive=false&conference=null&role=TM&offensiveStatisticCategory=RUSHING&defensiveStatisticCategory=null&season=2011&seasonType=REG&tabSeq=2&qualified=true&Submit=Go

Ugh.....damn phone

rcsodak
11-02-2011, 06:49 PM
4 too many with TT taking the snaps, imo.

TXBRONC
11-02-2011, 08:47 PM
4 too many with TT taking the snaps, imo.

You do realize that criticizing Tebow is by extension critcizing McDaniels for being the dumbass to draft him the first place.

rcsodak
11-03-2011, 07:17 AM
You do realize that criticizing Tebow is by extension critcizing McDaniels for being the dumbass to draft him the first place.
Was this supposed to be hurtful, Tx?
McD is far from being on my Christmas list.