PDA

View Full Version : Home Field Advantage?

spikerman
10-31-2011, 02:52 PM
This was my first game at Mile High this year and it was quiet enough to double as a morgue and I don't blame the fans one bit. The play calling is unimaginative and exceptionally conservative. You can bet the bank that the Broncos are going to try to run (probably unsuccessfully) on first down. The defense never seems to come up with a big play. All the while the Mile High staff does their best to implore the fans to get loud. It's very tough to get loud when the team seemingly lacks any big play ability. On top of that, although I'm a Fox supporter, this coaching staff, just like the previous ones, refuses to use the greatest home field advantage that the team has by mysteriously not using the hurry up offense in order to "gas" the defense.

I hear a lot of complaints about the "wine and cheese" crowd and I'm sure that is a factor, but the Broncos players and coaches need to look in the mirror to see why the "Rocky Mountain Thunder" has faded away.

hotcarl
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
all a hurry-up offense would do is gas OUR defense faster, at least now our 3 and outs take a few minutes off the clock.

spikerman
10-31-2011, 03:12 PM
all a hurry-up offense would do is gas OUR defense faster, at least now our 3 and outs take a few minutes off the clock.

Damn that's funny, in a sad kind of way.