PDA

View Full Version : Tebow to start vs Raiders

wayninja
10-31-2011, 02:38 PM
Fox said he saw improvement and Tebow will start for at least one more game:

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/10/31/2527579/tim-tebow-to-start-says-denver-broncos-coach-john-fox

Northman
10-31-2011, 02:48 PM
Im confused.

Fox says he saw improvement but Elway said he didnt. Who do we believe?

lgenf
10-31-2011, 02:55 PM
Fox saw improvement because there was improvement

Anyone go back and look at the tape instead of just throwing hands up at the final score saying we sucked and so did Tebow

What about the drops

What about the fng 3rd and 3 when Tebow threw a bullet to royal who ran exactly 1.5yds on his route and the ball was a perfect strike and had royal run 3 yds on the damn route it would have been a 1st down

We need to take those fng 7 step drop plays out of the fng play book and burn them

We don't have a oline capable of blocking for that time, nor do we have a QB who can master his drops yet, so get them out of the play book cause they don't work with our personnel we have on the offense right now

wayninja
10-31-2011, 02:57 PM
You have to keep who was played in perspective. Tebow may have looked worse, but he played against a vastly superior defense. I'm not defending him, just offering an explanation.

Northman
10-31-2011, 02:58 PM

Anyone go back and look at the tape instead of just throwing hands up at the final score saying we sucked and so did Tebow

What about the drops

What about the fng 3rd and 3 when Tebow threw a bullet to royal who ran exactly 1.5yds on his route and the ball was a perfect strike and had royal run 3 yds on the damn route it would have been a 1st down

We need to take those fng 7 step drop plays out of the fng play book and burn them

We don't have a oline capable of blocking for that time, nor do we have a QB who can master his drops yet, so get them out of the play book cause they don't work with our personnel we have on the offense right now

You have to keep who was played in perspective. Tebow may have looked worse, but he played against a vastly superior defense. I'm not defending him, just offering an explanation.

But neither of you have answered my question.

Elway says he didnt see any improvement contrary to what Fox says so who do we believe?

Tned
10-31-2011, 02:59 PM
Im confused.

FWIW, Elway said it first thing this morning, before reviewing any film. I'm pretty sure Fox does his presser after reviewing the game film.

Northman
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM
FWIW, Elway said it first thing this morning, before reviewing any film. I'm pretty sure Fox does his presser after reviewing the previous game's film.

So has Elway made a statement otherwise? I mean, thats a pretty bold statement to make and not clarify later on if he changed his mind.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM

What about the drops

I would take Elway's word over Fox's, Elway is a quarterback (at least)...Fox is the dumbass coach that kept a quarterback in the starting lineup after having a record game in turnovers!

:lol:

wayninja
10-31-2011, 03:01 PM

Elway says he didnt see any improvement contrary to what Fox says so who do we believe?

Fair enough. You believe who you want to or you form your own opinion. Not sure what else there is. If Fox is making the call, Elways opinion isn't really relevant unless he decides to micro-manage.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 03:02 PM

it's a subjective question North. It's like rating a movie. it's possible that through Elway's eyes, there was no improvement and that through Fox's eyes, there was. You can Believe them both. . Now was there improvement or wasn't there? Apparently it depends on who you ask

GEM

What about the drops

No we don't. We don't need to lower our expectations because our QB can't perform at this level.

Tned
So has Elway made a statement otherwise? I mean, thats a pretty bold statement to make and not clarify later on if he changed his mind.

As far as I know, he hasn't talked to the press since then. It was in his normal weekly radio spot, which is 8:00 Denver time, where he was asked if he had seen any improvement and he said no.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Fair enough. You believe who you want to or you form your own opinion. Not sure what else there is. If Fox is making the call, Elways opinion isn't really relevant unless he decides to micro-manage.

Yeah, because Fox is proving to be such a great coach! Guess what? Fox has a boss, it's the other guy!

;)

GEM
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
What does it say to the rest of your guys in your locker room if you lower the expectations for one player? It says that if they can't perform, you will lower your expectations. It's a very dangerous road to be on when you are in the middle of a rebuild with a bunch of young players.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
As far as I know, he hasn't talked to the press since then. It was in his normal weekly radio spot, which is 8:00 Denver time, where he was asked if he had seen any improvement and he said no.

Are coaches usually honest or deceptive?

Not to mention, I think Elway was asked early enough that he was not as on his toes and thus honest...whereas Fox will pull the politically correct bullshit.

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Does it really matter?

/thread

Mike
10-31-2011, 03:08 PM
Awesome way to inspire trust and confidence in your young QB, coach.

wayninja
10-31-2011, 03:09 PM
No we don't. We don't need to lower our expectations because our QB can't perform at this level.

Adjusting your game to cater to your talent (or lack thereof) is not lowering expectations. The alternative is to keep trying stuff that clearly isn't working no matter who's under center.

It's easy to forget that we were 1-4 with an 'experienced passer' before Tebow took over.

Northman
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM
Adjusting your game to cater to your talent (or lack thereof) is not lowering expectations. The alternative is to keep trying stuff that clearly isn't working no matter who's under center.

It's easy to forget that we were 1-4 with an 'experienced passer' before Tebow took over.

Thats because that QB sucked too.

wayninja
10-31-2011, 03:13 PM
Thats because that QB sucked too.

So, all we need is a superstar QB and all of a sudden the Broncos are a 5-2 team?

Don't think so.

Tned
10-31-2011, 03:14 PM
Are coaches usually honest or deceptive?

Not to mention, I think Elway was asked early enough that he was not as on his toes and thus honest...whereas Fox will pull the politically correct bullshit.

You're reaching, again, to try and make your preconceived points.

Northman

Well, yes and no. I dont think Elway micro manages. However, Fox has only had 3 winning seasons out 9 (this will be 10) and he has a tendency to force the square peg into the round hole when it comes to his QB of choice. Now, im all for Tebow playing it out because they need to be sure that he cant do it. But, Elway did play the position and played it very well so i think i would have to agree with Lan that i would take what he said a bit more serious than what i would from Fox.

chazoe60
Who starts at OC this week, and I'm not talking about the Center.

Tned
10-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Also, while I haven't had a chance to listen to the presser yet, here is the Fox quote as it was disseminated:

On Tebow’s improving from last week
“Again, statistic wise, albeit a couple of turnovers, I think there was improvement.”

wayninja
10-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Well, yes and no. I dont think Elway micro manages. However, Fox has only had 3 winning seasons out 9 (this will be 10) and he has a tendency to force the square peg into the round hole when it comes to his QB of choice. Now, im all for Tebow playing it out because they need to be sure that he cant do it. But, Elway did play the position and played it very well so i think i would have to agree with Lan that i would take what he said a bit more serious than what i would from Fox.

Ok, that's fine. That's not what I said though. I didn't say believe Fox over Elway, I simply said unless Elway decides to directly meddle, his opinion is only slightly more relevant than ours.

Fox has already decided Tebow will start. Despite Elway's misgivings.

Northman
10-31-2011, 03:16 PM
So, all we need is a superstar QB and all of a sudden the Broncos are a 5-2 team?

Don't think so.

No, of course not. However, you have to look at the position itself. Carolina is bad yet at the QB position they are WORLDS better than they were a year ago.

Watchthemiddle
10-31-2011, 03:16 PM
It's okay for Elway to say he saw no improvement because he is not the HC.

It's also okay for the HC to say he saw improvement "publicly" because you can't show a lack of confidence in your young QB publicly or that QB is going to lose even more confidence because his HC publicly put him down.

Tebow to start this week and the next 8 weeks after is the right move. What good would it do to go back to Orton or even Quinn? How much credibility would Fox have in that locker room if he played musical chairs at QB and we still lost? THis season and team is not good. These next 9 games need to have all rookies and 1st and 2nd year players on the field at all times. Cut your loses on the vets and truely re-build.

Watchthemiddle
10-31-2011, 03:19 PM
Who starts at OC this week, and I'm not talking about the Center.

Give the playbook to Quinn...he is not doing anything, knows the playbook and could probably call a few plays. Shoot, let Tebow call his own plays in the huddle. I gaurantee the plays will look a lot like that first drive when we moved straight down the field and had a TD...err....FG..thanks Decker.

GEM
10-31-2011, 03:26 PM
Also, while I haven't had a chance to listen to the presser yet, here is the Fox quote as it was disseminated:

On Tebow’s improving from last week
“Again, statistic wise, albeit a couple of turnovers, I think there was improvement.”

What else is he going to say....he sucks?

:lol:

wayninja
10-31-2011, 03:27 PM
No, of course not. However, you have to look at the position itself. Carolina is bad yet at the QB position they are WORLDS better than they were a year ago.

True, but they were never as bad as the Broncos. In other words, they never should have been as bad as they were, they don't have quite the caliber of Garbage that Denver has. A few tweaks for them was just what they needed to start back on track. We have had nothing but tweaks for the past 4 years and I'm not sure if spinning in circles like we are really allows you to move forward.

All I can say is if we burn through yet another coordinator or coach or QB next year, my head is just going to explode. You can't keep changing everything every year and expect any kind of consistency. It doesn't work that way.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 03:30 PM
wayninja is right

LTC Pain
10-31-2011, 03:33 PM
35-3 Faiders.

Northman
True, but they were never as bad as the Broncos. In other words, they never should have been as bad as they were, they don't have quite the caliber of Garbage that Denver has. A few tweaks for them was just what they needed to start back on track. We have had nothing but tweaks for the past 4 years and I'm not sure if spinning in circles like we are really allows you to move forward.

All I can say is if we burn through yet another coordinator or coach or QB next year, my head is just going to explode. You can't keep changing everything every year and expect any kind of consistency. It doesn't work that way.

You do realize that Carolina was worse than us last year right? And they have a very soft division like ours? They may have Smith and a defender here and there but so do we (or did with Lloyd) and Bailey. Outside of that they have a lot of new parts on the coaching staff, etc. The difference is they have a QB who can actually pass from the pocket. I dont know why people keep saying they are that much better than us last year, they won only one game. :lol:

Northman
wayninja is right

Your avatar is ghey. Stick that in your piehole. :cool:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-31-2011, 03:36 PM
Did not have the time to read entire thread, so don't know if this has been posted or not - Coach Fox's press conference today - under 1

http://www.denverbroncos.com/multimedia/index.html

wayninja
10-31-2011, 03:41 PM
You do realize that Carolina was worse than us last year right? And they have a very soft division like ours? They may have Smith and a defender here and there but so do we (or did with Lloyd) and Bailey. Outside of that they have a lot of new parts on the coaching staff, etc. The difference is they have a QB who can actually pass from the pocket. I dont know why people keep saying they are that much better than us last year, they won only one game. :lol:

I didn't say they were better, I said they SHOULD have been better. Statistically, we were far worse than Carolina. They shouldn't have had the season they did.

turftoad
10-31-2011, 03:47 PM

Don't think so.

It's to bad we'll never know since we don't have a Superstar QB on the roster. :shocked:

wayninja
10-31-2011, 03:50 PM
It's to bad we'll never know since we don't have a Superstar QB on the roster. :shocked:

You may not know, but I won't be baited into the 'you never know game'. I know. We would still suck since almost all other aspects of our team suck.

GEM
10-31-2011, 03:52 PM
You may not know, but I won't be baited into the 'you never know game'. I know. We would still suck since almost all other aspects of our team suck.

So do we just continue to suck or do we do what we have to do to improve? That's a dangerous road...stay on it too long and you're the Cleveland Browns. Cut your losses, project a 3-5 year rebuild with good decisions and you're the freaking Patriots.

The Patriots and every other successful franchise all have something in common....very good QB's.

wayninja
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
So do we just continue to suck or do we do what we have to do to improve? That's a dangerous road...stay on it too long and you're the Cleveland Browns. Cut your losses, project a 3-5 year rebuild with good decisions and you're the freaking Patriots.

The Patriots and every other successful franchise all have something in common....very good QB's.

That's a chicken/egg argument. If we were 5-2, I doubt the talk would be about how bad Tebow sucks.

Speaking of 5-2 teams, the Lions went down this road. Seems to be working out for them now...

The problem we have, is that we keep 'rebuilding' instead of letting a rebuild proceed.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 03:56 PM
Your avatar is ghey. Stick that in your piehole. :cool:

this makes like 0 sense. Maybe it is you that is ghey.

GEM
10-31-2011, 04:05 PM
That's a chicken/egg argument. If we were 5-2, I doubt the talk would be about how bad Tebow sucks.

Speaking of 5-2 teams, the Lions went down this road. Seems to be working out for them now...

The problem we have, is that we keep 'rebuilding' instead of letting a rebuild proceed.

While adding 0 talent to the roster. The last 2 seasons weren't an improvement over Shanny. Stupid decisions continue to plague this team.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 04:15 PM
Think Tebow sucks, you'll believe Elway.

Still have hope Tebow continues to get better, you'll believe Fox.

Personally, I don't really care either way. This year was a "gimmie" year anyway.

Krugan
10-31-2011, 04:54 PM
So who do we bring in at Qb now, for those already wanting yet another switch.

I know Orton is done, Quinn didnt inspire me at all in preaseason, well a little but I had enough of Orton last year.

If I recall, there were alot of argumnets on this board saying people would be ALOT more patient if this switch was made.

Guess patience is easy to type.

Tebow is RAW, very, and honestly I dont think he is/will be ready anytime soon. But we need to just ride this pile of steaming dung to the dump and hope this draft is better.

I Eat Staples
10-31-2011, 04:56 PM
There was no improvement, but Tebow should start next week.

GEM
10-31-2011, 04:59 PM
So who do we bring in at Qb now, for those already wanting yet another switch.

I know Orton is done, Quinn didnt inspire me at all in preaseason, well a little but I had enough of Orton last year.

If I recall, there were alot of argumnets on this board saying people would be ALOT more patient if this switch was made.

Guess patience is easy to type.

Tebow is RAW, very, and honestly I dont think he is/will be ready anytime soon. But we need to just ride this pile of steaming dung to the dump and hope this draft is better.

I think Tebow stinks and probably won't pan out, that said, I agree, we have to ride it out.

We can't afford to play Quinn with a 3rd going to Cleveland if he does anything while starting. Can't go back to Orton as it's a step back. We're stuck with what we have.

BroncoStud
10-31-2011, 05:36 PM
I think Tebow stinks and probably won't pan out, that said, I agree, we have to ride it out.

We can't afford to play Quinn with a 3rd going to Cleveland if he does anything while starting. Can't go back to Orton as it's a step back. We're stuck with what we have.

That was exactly my thought going forward... Why would we bench Tebow at this point? Can't possibly go to Quinn and give up a 3rd rounder to Cleveland. There will be revolt if Orton is back in there...

I think it's safe to say that Tebow is a good shot to start for the rest of this season. Hopefully that dipshit McCoy will put him in an offense that will give him a chance to not totally suck. Dropping him back 40 times like he's Dan Marino isn't going to do us any good.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 05:39 PM
F' it...we should sign Jake Delhomme and start him for the remainder of the season and he can help groom the next quarterback we draft!

Tned
10-31-2011, 06:42 PM

Well, we could go back to Orton, or even play Weber. Personally, I don't think either is a good move. While it's a long shot that Tebow will improve enough to warrant going into next season with him as the starter, there is no downside in letting it play out and knowing for sure.

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 06:46 PM
We should let Tebow play two more games, if he continues to be terrible. Start Quinn. If quinn is terrible, cut Orton and promote Weber to the 53 and start him. What else can we do that makes any sense?

What in the world would going back to Orton do for us?

weazel
10-31-2011, 06:57 PM
he didnt see improvement, he seen what everyone else did. He seen a player that isnt good enough to play in this league get worse than he was.

to say he is getting better is completely disgusting.

as for the game, who cares. Tebow is bad but so is the team... just ride out another terrible season.

weazel
10-31-2011, 07:07 PM

What about the drops

:laugh:

UnderArmour
10-31-2011, 07:15 PM
I refuse to count Tebow out just yet. Fox and the front office have made it clear to Tebow that his career as a quarterback is OVER if he does not perform next Sunday. He will not have another chance to play quarterback in the NFL as long as he lives if he does not come out and play well. If Tebow is ever going to amount to anything in the NFL, we will see it next Sunday with his back against the wall. I'm cheering him on, I think he can do it.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 10:15 PM
He can do it, but our damn OC needs to giv him the plays and formations that work for him and have proven success so far this year

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:17 PM
He can do it, but our damn OC needs to giv him the plays and formations that work for him and have proven success so far this year

just shut up already.

MOtorboat
10-31-2011, 10:17 PM

Let me know when he completes 50 percent of his passes.

tomjonesrocks
10-31-2011, 11:42 PM
Fox and the front office have made it clear to Tebow that his career as a quarterback is OVER if he does not perform next Sunday. He will not have another chance to play quarterback in the NFL as long as he lives if he does not come out and play well.

Your sources deep within the Broncos FO confirmed this?

DenBronx
10-31-2011, 11:46 PM
I thought Tebow was pretty intense in college. He seems soft in the NFL.

What the hell man? Brian Dawkins runs circles around you when rallying the team.

What happened to "we're not going to lose another game"???

Stop being soft....stop being a girl and do what you do best. Motivate this crappy ass team to a win!

Bullgator
11-01-2011, 02:56 AM
What does it say to the rest of your guys in your locker room if you lower the expectations for one player? It says that if they can't perform, you will lower your expectations. It's a very dangerous road to be on when you are in the middle of a rebuild with a bunch of young players.

I think your point is... well...not the point.

No one is saying that Tebow cant preform a 7 step drop. Its that its called at the wrong time. why the **** would you want a seven step drop against a 9 WIDE?!?!?!?!??!?!!?!??!?!?

There is no bad strategy... There is only a strategy played at the wrong time.

TXBRONC
11-01-2011, 08:35 AM
Well, we could go back to Orton, or even play Weber. Personally, I don't think either is a good move. While it's a long shot that Tebow will improve enough to warrant going into next season with him as the starter, there is no downside in letting it play out and knowing for sure.

If Tebow is eventually replaced before the end of the season I don't see it being Orton. I think it will be Quinn. I don't think Orton will see the field again unless Tebow and Quinn are injuried.

BroncoStud
11-01-2011, 08:41 AM
Once again, by starting Quinn we risk giving up a 3rd rounder in an ALREADY lopsided trade with Cleveland, for a player who isn't under contract after this year. In a rebuilding phase that would be 100% idiotic.

Quinn is NOT an option. I would hope they start Weber before Quinn.

jlarsiii
11-01-2011, 10:35 AM
Once again, by starting Quinn we risk giving up a 3rd rounder in an ALREADY lopsided trade with Cleveland, for a player who isn't under contract after this year. In a rebuilding phase that would be 100% idiotic.

Quinn is NOT an option. I would hope they start Weber before Quinn.

Can you provide details? All I have been able to find is that the 2012 conditional pick is a late round pick per report from Schefter. http://twitter.com/#!/Adam_Schefter/status/10485517812

I can't find out any real details other then that so far...

Dzone
11-01-2011, 10:39 AM
When Tebow goes back to pass, you get the urge to cover your eyes. Kinda like a horror movie. LOL...You dont know what is going to happen. Going into the black hole- Scary. Boo!
:pound:

FlyByU
11-01-2011, 12:52 PM
It's okay for Elway to say he saw no improvement because he is not the HC.

It's also okay for the HC to say he saw improvement "publicly" because you can't show a lack of confidence in your young QB publicly or that QB is going to lose even more confidence because his HC publicly put him down.

Tebow to start this week and the next 8 weeks after is the right move. What good would it do to go back to Orton or even Quinn? How much credibility would Fox have in that locker room if he played musical chairs at QB and we still lost? THis season and team is not good. These next 9 games need to have all rookies and 1st and 2nd year players on the field at all times. Cut your loses on the vets and truely re-build.

Also this gives other teams a look at Tebow and if a trade deal can be done next year if he does not pan out. Or keep Tebow for a #3 or #2 QB move Weber up to #2 or #3 and draft a rookie starter.

claymore
11-01-2011, 12:54 PM
When Tebow goes back to pass, you get the urge to cover your eyes. Kinda like a horror movie. LOL...You dont know what is going to happen. Going into the black hole- Scary. Boo!
:pound:

Never before have I seen a QB where Fumble, interception, TD, Incomplete pass or a sack had equal chances for every single play at any given moment.

NightTerror218
11-01-2011, 01:07 PM
Never before have I seen a QB where Fumble, interception, TD, Incomplete pass or a sack had equal chances for every single play at any given moment.

I would not put interception in there but fumble twice. He does not throw very many INTs he rather run then threw one.

silkamilkamonico
11-01-2011, 01:09 PM
I know Tebow has been struggling and needs to get better, but I don't understand why Fox is saying this? Is he going to move on to Quinn?

I don't care what the state of the organization is in, it makes absolutely 0 sense to go back to Kyle Orton at this point. None whatsoever.

claymore
11-01-2011, 01:10 PM
I would not put interception in there but fumble twice. He does not throw very many INTs he rather run then threw one.

If I recall corrctley there were a couple of dropped interceptions too. After more film is disected I expect those numbers to go up.

I could be wrong though.

NightTerror218
11-01-2011, 01:24 PM
If I recall corrctley there were a couple of dropped interceptions too. After more film is disected I expect those numbers to go up.

I could be wrong though.

And there are just as many dropped passes by WR. 1 INT in 2 1/2 games, one bright spot besides his running ability.

claymore
11-01-2011, 01:25 PM
And there are just as many dropped passes by WR. 1 INT in 2 1/2 games, one bright spot besides his running ability.

Or a testament to how bad his throws are!

Ravage!!!
11-01-2011, 02:34 PM

His passes are so far off the target that not even the defenders can get a hand on them! :beer:

NightTerror218
11-01-2011, 02:36 PM

haha....if only the blame can be only Tebows fault then getting a new QB would fix it all. Rather then having young WR and TE who drop pases or suck (Rosario). Royal dropped a couple perfect at him and he just dropped. Some where no best thrown but went off WR hands.

I Eat Staples
11-01-2011, 08:55 PM
haha....if only the blame can be only Tebows fault then getting a new QB would fix it all. Rather then having young WR and TE who drop pases or suck (Rosario). Royal dropped a couple perfect at him and he just dropped. Some where no best thrown but went off WR hands.

I don't remember Royal dropping any perfect passes. Rosario "dropped" a slightly catchable underthrow. The dropped passes thing is a really exaggerated and lame excuse.

SM19
11-01-2011, 10:55 PM
Does anyone here actually know how much Brady Quinn would have to play in order to escalate the pick? Unless the condition is "if Brady Quinn steps onto the field," it's hard for me to believe that starting him isn't and never will be an option.

Npba900
11-02-2011, 07:36 AM
Im confused.

Your own Lying Eyes!!! :elefant:

Npba900
11-02-2011, 07:40 AM
His passes are so far off the target that not even the defenders can get a hand on them! :beer:

Tebow's throws are having an impact on how the QB position is played in the NFL and is changing how corner backs cover the WR's. Corner backs will have to play way out of position now just to intercept Tebows off target passes.

Npba900
11-02-2011, 07:44 AM
Also this gives other teams a look at Tebow and if a trade deal can be done next year if he does not pan out. Or keep Tebow for a #3 or #2 QB move Weber up to #2 or #3 and draft a rookie starter.

To be honest, I don't know any of the 31 teams in the NFL who are interested in trading for Tebow?

Right now Tebow has a better chance at having a career as starting TE than a starting QB.

Lancane
11-02-2011, 08:18 AM
To be honest, I don't know any of the 31 teams in the NFL who are interested in trading for Tebow?

Right now Tebow has a better chance at having a career as starting TE than a starting QB.

We're getting ready to lose Royal to free agency, so I've been wondering if we should move Tebow to the slot and see how he does there, with Thomas and Decker at one and two. We're sort of overstocked at tight end, and J. Thomas is looking like a beast if we can keep him healthy.

Tned
11-02-2011, 01:49 PM
Does anyone here actually know how much Brady Quinn would have to play in order to escalate the pick? Unless the condition is "if Brady Quinn steps onto the field," it's hard for me to believe that starting him isn't and never will be an option.

I've tried to find information on this, and have never been able to do so.

To be honest, none of us have any clue if any team would be willing to trade for Tebow or what his value would be. My personal speculation is that any team that traded for him wouldn't offer much, but that's just a guess, as is your statement.