PDA

View Full Version : We are going to beat Oakland this week!

lgenf
10-31-2011, 02:30 PM
Nuff said.:beer:

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 02:32 PM
Lgenf. You are such a little sweetheart, you really are. . But the reality is is that we are going to get our collective head ripped off of our collective shoulders and shoved up our collective ass

NightTerror218
10-31-2011, 02:35 PM
Lgenf. You are such a little sweetheart, you really are. . But the reality is is that we are going to get our collective head ripped off of our collective shoulders and shoved up our collective ass

Even with Palmer throwing picks left and right and them being owned by the Quiefs?

lgenf
10-31-2011, 02:37 PM

No, we were better this week

The opponent was just way better at everything then us

If our defense can keep the raiders in check, then our offense will put up enough points to win

Tebow actually played better this week and will again

Northman
And if we lose?

BroncoNut
Even with Palmer throwing picks left and right and them being owned by the Quiefs?

I have no idea Phide. Like most days, I'm just posting out of my ass.

never know, we might win against the Raiders.

NightTerror218
10-31-2011, 02:38 PM
I have no idea Phide. Like most days, I'm just posting out of my ass.

never know, we might win against the Raiders.

Bush was pulled out of his last game too from being knocked around too much. Was on the injured list going into their bye week.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 02:40 PM
We r trying to evaluate if Tebow got better against the best front four in TE league

Holy crap even Brees looked like shit yesterday against the fng rams

He got sacked 6 times, fumbled, threw a pick 6 etc etc AGAINST THE RAMS!!!!!!!!

We actually played a top 6 team and they beat the crap out of us, as they were supposed to do.

OAKLAND IS NOT THE LIONS and has no where near the D they have

We r going to win

lgenf
10-31-2011, 02:42 PM
And if we lose?

We won't

It's really sucking that we don't have mcgahee right now, but we r going to beat those asshats in OAKLAND

We almost beat them early in the year and we r better now on defense

And our offense can move the ball

vandammage13
10-31-2011, 02:43 PM
If Run DMC is on the field, I'm not sure we have a chance of winning no matter how good (or bad) Tebow plays.

Northman
10-31-2011, 02:43 PM
We won't

It's really sucking that we don't have mcgahee right now, but we r going to beat those asshats in OAKLAND

We almost beat them early in the year and we r better now on defense

And our offense can move the ball

So your going to guarantee a win right here and now? Werent you the same one who told us we would beat the Lions?

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 02:45 PM
Lgenf. I don't think you should be talking this way, I really don't. I have seen what hope can do to a man., err woman.

silkamilkamonico
10-31-2011, 02:46 PM

If our defense can keep the raiders in check, then our offense will put up enough points to win

Our defense is not good enough to keep the Raiders in check.

Our offense is not good enough to outscore them.

We played better, yet we lost 45-10? C'mon man!!

lgenf
10-31-2011, 02:47 PM
So your going to guarantee a win right here and now? Werent you the same one who told us we would beat the Lions?

Yes I am guarantee win this week

I said we could beat the lions

A spread set offense, hurry up offense and gas the lions with the quick plays and thin air of Denver, which we did the first series, then we scraped it and went into our conventional shit offense that doesn't work with a 7yr pocket passer and you want a mobile, young QB with no pocket passing mechanics to operate that?

lgenf
10-31-2011, 02:48 PM

We lost to a top 6 team in the league

Oakland is mediocre and we can beat them

lgenf
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM
Lgenf. I don't think you should be talking this way, I really don't. I have seen what hope can do to a man., err woman.

I have faith, err hope, err good drugs!

Northman
10-31-2011, 02:52 PM
then we scraped it and went into our conventional shit offense that doesn't work with a 7yr pocket passer and you want a mobile, young QB with no pocket passing mechanics to operate that?

You mean do i want a QB who can pass from the pocket? Oh yea. Its a passing league, you HAVE to have a QB who can pass from the pocket.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 02:52 PM

Proud of your honesty Igenf! :salute:

:lol:

Northman
10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Oh, and ill bookmark this thread for safe keeping.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 03:00 PM
You mean do i want a QB who can pass from the pocket? Oh yea. Its a passing league, you HAVE to have a QB who can pass from the pocket.

Agreed, but that's not what he has now, so why does McCoy keep calling 7 step drop plays with only 2 WRs in the pattern against the fastest and most dominant d line in the league this year

Go with his strong suit, shotgun quick hits, rollouts with a pass/run option, screen passes and some long balls like the decker pass on the first series of the game

The front office either wants to win or prove Tebow isn't a pocket passer which Weveryone already knows

lgenf
10-31-2011, 03:03 PM
Oh, and ill bookmark this thread for safe keeping.

That's fine, I'm not the OC and as others have stated I don't begging to think I know more then someone who dedicated their life to this, but I do know what I see working and what is not working and why we are not sticking with what works until it doesn't work anymore is beyond me

We have something that works and we scraped it for crap we know doesn't work

That is insane

silkamilkamonico
10-31-2011, 03:04 PM
We lost to a top 6 team in the league

Oakland is mediocre and we can beat them

Detroit is not a top 6 team in the league. They are the 2nd best team in their division, they are probably not even the 6th best team in the NFC, let alone league.

If Stafford was healthy, and Best played, they would have beat us 65-10.

You are wrong again. Sorry.

Northman
10-31-2011, 03:05 PM
Agreed, but that's not what he has now, so why does McCoy keep calling 7 step drop plays with only 2 WRs in the pattern against the fastest and most dominant d line in the league this year

Because you need to find out if Tebow can be an NFL pocket passer. Having Tebow run around all day isnt telling them anything about whether or not he can pass the ball.

Go with his strong suit, shotgun quick hits, rollouts with a pass/run option, screen passes and some long balls like the decker pass on the first series of the game

While you could sprinkle some of that in there you cant change everything because at the end of the day you still need a QB who can pass from the pocket. If what your telling me is Tebow will never be that than i dont want him as my QB on this team. I want a QB that can do EVERYTHING required of the position.

The front office either wants to win or prove Tebow isn't a pocket passer which Weveryone already knows

Than i have to say Tim needs to go. Its a passing league and no QB who plays Tebow's style has won a championship. The closest player to Tebow is Steve Young but he could still pass from the pocket.

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 03:06 PM

Explains it all. :drool:

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 03:07 PM
Explains it all. :drool:

Lgenf has a nice set. she pm'd me a pic.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 03:09 PM
North

I'm not saying he can't or never will be able to, but not now

Our rt tackle didn't even touch some of those rushers you need to sure up the pocket before saying he isn't developing in the pocket

There is no pocket, it was collapsing before he could even get his drops

I want to see more improvement, but want the OC and HC to play to his strengths not force the crap he can't do well right now

No one said he was ready, but to throw him out there and force the crap that's his weakness and not play to his strengths is BS

rcsodak
10-31-2011, 03:11 PM

He did? When?

0-fer 3 qtrs of 3rd downs.

Just because he was missing his wr's by less doesn't dismiss his STILL missing them.

Oak is blitzing more often. Palmer will have a full week+ of learning the playbook/throwing to his receivers.
Their running backs stable will be at full strength again.

I doubt there's too many TT fans in the Black Hole.

This will be another embarrassing blowout defeat.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 03:14 PM
And if we lose?

It will be Elway, Fox,and McCoy's fault.

BORDERLINE
10-31-2011, 03:15 PM
Stop with these guarantees. Let the kid play and see what he brings back. He's fresh off one of the worst QB performances in Denver a side from Orton's play at last years Massacre to the raidass. We want him to do good but reality tells us a different story

rcsodak
10-31-2011, 03:19 PM
That's fine, I'm not the OC and as others have stated I don't begging to think I know more then someone who dedicated their life to this, but I do know what I see working and what is not working and why we are not sticking with what works until it doesn't work anymore is beyond me

That is insane
Teams have 1 day to install their plays. Exactly how much do you think they can come up with?

This isn't beach football where you draw plays up in the sand.

wayninja
10-31-2011, 03:22 PM

We never had a chance against the Lions. If you take away the defensive touchdowns (which are bit hard to predict) the game came out almost exactly as most analysts predictions. The lions are RIDDLED with top draft picks due many years of uber-suckage. To be all high and mighty all of a sudden just shows how classless detroit is.

So?

Northman
10-31-2011, 03:23 PM
North

I'm not saying he can't or never will be able to, but not now

Our rt tackle didn't even touch some of those rushers you need to sure up the pocket before saying he isn't developing in the pocket

There is no pocket, it was collapsing before he could even get his drops

I want to see more improvement, but want the OC and HC to play to his strengths not force the crap he can't do well right now

No one said he was ready, but to throw him out there and force the crap that's his weakness and not play to his strengths is BS

Well, while McCoy is no genius im not going to completely sell him down the river here. And while the Oline at times can have bad moments (their young as well) they are also better than Minnesota's Oline and yet Ponder is doing much better from the pocket than Tebow.

But back to your point about Tebow not being there yet. The problem with totally adjusting your scheme to fit Tebow right now is that it wont tell you if he is improving or not improving from the pocket. And this is the information that the FO/HC needs to know going forward to the next draft. Its a deep draft at QB and depending on Tebow's progress/regress it will help determine which way they need to go in the first round.

Call it unfair, call it whatever. Tebow came into the NFL wanting to be a NFL QB. He needs to be able to show he can do it. Unfortuantely, Denver cant afford to wait 3 years to figure that out with him, they just cant there is too much at stake now. If Tebow can prove he can be that guy than that will be a huge bonus for the team but they have to put him in situations where he needs to prove it. Simply doing nothing but rollouts and only shotgun formations arent going to show them anything.

We may get a couple of wins that way but in the long run you need him to show he can do it all.

Watchthemiddle
10-31-2011, 03:25 PM
*** NO ELWAY COMPARISON ***

When Elway came into the league, he was NOT a pocket passer. He was known as a scrambling QB with a strong arm. It took him YEARS to become a pocket passer. Maturity, coaching, a good team around him, consistency, etc. all led to him becoming a dominate pocket passer and the GOAT Qb that he became.

I remember the 3 super bowls in 4 years. Elway did it all on his own...and he also did a lot with his feet to improvise and make something happen. He had a sup-par supporting cast but made do.

If Elway came out of college today, people would say he would not be successful because he was not a good pocket QB. It takes time...it takes patience. It also takes an investment by coaches to coach him.

Was Vick a pocket passer when he came out? No,...is he now? Yes.

Watchthemiddle
10-31-2011, 03:27 PM
Well, while McCoy is no genius im not going to completely sell him down the river here. And while the Oline at times can have bad moments (their young as well) they are also better than Minnesota's Oline and yet Ponder is doing much better from the pocket than Tebow.

Ponder has the treat of #28 behind him to run the ball.....if Tebow had that threat to run the ball behind him, I bet things might look a little different.

LTC Pain
10-31-2011, 03:33 PM
35-3 Faiders.

Northman
10-31-2011, 03:34 PM
Ponder has the treat of #28 behind him to run the ball.....if Tebow had that threat to run the ball behind him, I bet things might look a little different.

McNabb did too yet he didnt look near as good as Ponder does. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

Watchthemiddle
10-31-2011, 03:37 PM
McNabb did too yet he didnt look near as good as Ponder does. Hmmmmmmmmmmm

McNabb's time has come and gone. I like Ponder. I really do. He has done some really good things. Has a good arm, is mobile, and has a good Defense and great running game. He is set up to succeed. Lucky him.

MOtorboat
10-31-2011, 03:48 PM
lol

vettesplus
10-31-2011, 04:18 PM

:lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol::laugh::lol:

vettesplus
10-31-2011, 04:21 PM

When Elway came into the league, he was NOT a pocket passer. He was known as a scrambling QB with a strong arm. It took him YEARS to become a pocket passer. Maturity, coaching, a good team around him, consistency, etc. all led to him becoming a dominate pocket passer and the GOAT Qb that he became.

I remember the 3 super bowls in 4 years. Elway did it all on his own...and he also did a lot with his feet to improvise and make something happen. He had a sup-par supporting cast but made do.

If Elway came out of college today, people would say he would not be successful because he was not a good pocket QB. It takes time...it takes patience. It also takes an investment by coaches to coach him.

:lol: at least elway could throw a ball to where it was supose to go and vic can throw a bullet on the run or flat footed anytime, tebow throws worped egges in all situations, cannot compare these 3 players....

GEM
10-31-2011, 04:24 PM
:lol: at least elway could throw a ball to where it was supose to go and vic can throw a bullet on the run or flat footed anytime, tebow throws worped egges in all situations, cannot compare these 3 players....

I wouldn't use the word throw when describing what Tebow does....it's more of a lob.

Cugel
10-31-2011, 04:51 PM
We r trying to evaluate if Tebow got better against the best front four in TE league

Holy crap even Brees looked like shit yesterday against the fng rams

He got sacked 6 times, fumbled, threw a pick 6 etc etc AGAINST THE RAMS!!!!!!!!

We actually played a top 6 team and they beat the crap out of us, as they were supposed to do.

OAKLAND IS NOT THE LIONS and has no where near the D they have

We r going to win

Actually the Raiders have a very good football team with a solid OL and the best running game in football backed by Darren McFadden. They have a very good defense, led by Richard Seymour.

What they didn't have was a QB who was ready to start in their system.

You saw what happened when you take a guy off the scrap heap who hasn't played since last year and doesn't know any of their players and hasn't worked with the team and isn't in football shape and throw him into an NFL game in late October. Stuff happens when you do that and it's not going to be GOOD stuff.

So, does Denver have a chance? Sure. Not a great chance but a chance. But, all the Teboners need to tune into reality FM.

The Tebow we saw the last 2 weeks IS "the real Tebow." It's not going to get better. :coffee:

And if they Broncos play remotely as badly as they did the last 2 weeks, then Palmer isn't going to matter. They can win just running the ball and letting "Tebow be Tebow" which remember was good for 14 points versus the Lions -- and it should have been 28 if certain Lions hadn't dropped 2 or 3 easy picks.

Nomad
10-31-2011, 04:56 PM
G O B R O N C O S :defense:

Cugel
10-31-2011, 04:57 PM

I think that this is the quintessential Teboner B.S. "If Elway came out today. . . ." :coffee:

If Elway came out today he'd be vying with Andrew Luck to be the #1 pick of the draft. Tebow was a consensus 2nd or 3rd round pick. NOT remotely the #1 pick.

NOBODY considered Tim Tebow to be a top 1/2 of the first round talent EXCEPT for McMoron -- who also thought trading a 1st round pick for a 2nd and selecting a CB, then cutting him after 1 season was great drafting. :coffee:

The essential problem is that you just have "faith" that IF he's given the "time and coaching" he'll succeed. Well Elway and the Broncos do NOT make that assumption. They want to see evidence that he has the ability to throw the ball on time and on target. NOT "well, he'll learn."

You see NORMALLY QBs come into this league ALREADY ABLE TO DO THAT -- throw passes quickly and accurately, master the basic 3 step drop and five step drop, or they do not get drafted in the first place.

I Eat Staples
10-31-2011, 04:58 PM

Sorry, all of the talent difference in the world can't justify losing in the manner that we did. That's not being beaten by a better team, that's doing absolutely everything poorly on our end.

I Eat Staples
10-31-2011, 05:00 PM

Um, Elway was one of the best prospects of all time entering the draft. He was SUPPOSED to be a super star in the NFL. Tebow, not at all.

Vick is still not a pocket passer. Quite far from it.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 05:40 PM
We r still going to win this weekend!

BroncoStud
10-31-2011, 05:42 PM
The Raiders are going to bend us over and have their way. Get real.

weazel
10-31-2011, 05:43 PM

not with tebow.... sorry

CrazyHorse
10-31-2011, 05:47 PM
I really hope we do. I am not that confident in our team at this point though. It goes far beyond Tebow.

Jsteve01
10-31-2011, 05:51 PM
um, elway was one of the best prospects of all time entering the draft. He was supposed to be a super star in the nfl. Tebow, not at all.

Vick is still not a pocket passer. Quite far from it.

qfa

Timmy!
10-31-2011, 06:25 PM
labia, ur ******* delusional.

Ravage!!!
10-31-2011, 06:31 PM

This is all incorrect.

Elway was rated as the top PLAYER to ever come out of college, not just QB. He still has the highest rating of any QB to come out, and is still the QB that those that have been around... compare QBs coming out of college too, today.

How do you figure that compares to a guy that would be rated as a "bad" NFL prospect???? :confused: It doesn't. Nothing you said here, is correct. Including the part about Vick being a "good" pocket passer. He's not.

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 09:10 PM

and Carson Palmer will be vintage 2005 vs this pathetic defense. :tsk:

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 09:13 PM
We r still going to win this weekend!

What are you using the 1998 Broncos in Madden. they we will win :salute::lol:

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 09:24 PM
and Carson Palmer will be vintage 2005 vs this pathetic defense. :tsk:

I don't know if he'll that sharp but more than likely he won't have to be.

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 09:27 PM
I don't know if he'll that sharp but more than likely he won't have to be.

They have McFadden who we have never stopped in the last 2 years, so we are in big trouble. also they ahve a good defense and will confuse Tebow a lot.

The 1935 playbook with all 1st down runs and only one read dont help either

Lancane
10-31-2011, 09:30 PM
They beat us with freaking Campbell under center, this time they'll have Palmer. Let's just hope they decide to use lubrication for the ass raping!

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 09:36 PM
They beat us with freaking Campbell under center, this time they'll have Palmer. Let's just hope they decide to use lubrication for the ass raping!

We lost to Jemarcus cheesburger Russel in 08 and 09

2 of his 7 career wins are against Denver in Mile High. That is sad

Lancane
10-31-2011, 09:57 PM
We lost to Jemarcus cheesburger Russel in 08 and 09

2 of his 7 career wins are against Denver in Mile High. That is sad

What's sadder is JeMarcus Russell might be a better quarterback then Tebow! :shocked:

:laugh:

lgenf
10-31-2011, 10:08 PM
We r still gonna win, no matter

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:18 PM

stained glass is pretty!!!

Locnar
10-31-2011, 10:27 PM
Our defense really needs to step their game up if we're going to beat Oakland. I don't have faith Tebow can put up 30+ pts against them. Hopefully our D can close some gaps in their running game and force Palmer to beat us. Which judging from last week, he might be able to do.. :tsk:

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:29 PM
Our defense really needs to step their game up if we're going to beat Oakland. I don't have faith Tebow can put up 30+ yards passing against them. Hopefully our D can close some gaps in their running game and force Palmer to beat us. Which judging from last week, he might be able to do.. :tsk:

fixed

Nomad
I know many thought the Chiefs would be a win, they're looking pretty damn good right now!

Medford Bronco
I know many thought the Chiefs would be a win, they're looking pretty damn good right now!

We have about a 5% chance of a win over KC right now :tsk:

Locnar
10-31-2011, 10:31 PM
We have about a 5% chance of a win over KC right now :tsk:

I thought that last year, but we rolled up on them at home.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:34 PM
I thought that last year, but we rolled up on them at home.

Ummm...that was with Orton, not Tebow!

weazel
10-31-2011, 10:37 PM
Ummm...that was with Orton, not Tebow!

and for some reason, Orton was playing pretty well last season at one point

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 11:17 PM
I guess no one remembers the beat down given this team by Green Bay. There was more than one analyst that said Detroit may be the only team that can beat them.

FanInAZ
11-01-2011, 12:38 AM
lgenf,

Don't let all of these Doubting Thomases rain on your parade, you just keep believing to the end. Now if you'll all excuse me, I need to go back to figuring out how I'm going to spend the $240 million that I'm going to win from the Powerball.

lgenf
11-02-2011, 08:47 AM
We r going to win

Lancane
11-02-2011, 09:31 AM
Hope the Coaches don't forget to bring the

http://sexmart.com.ua/files/tovar/image2055.jpg

They're going to need it!

TXBRONC
11-02-2011, 09:36 AM
They have McFadden who we have never stopped in the last 2 years, so we are in big trouble. also they ahve a good defense and will confuse Tebow a lot.

The 1935 playbook with all 1st down runs and only one read dont help either

I thought for most of the Opener this year Denver did decent job of containing him. The problem was our offense could keep him on the sideline by sustaining drives so eventually in the 2nd half he started taking over the game.

TXBRONC
11-02-2011, 09:45 AM

Wrong. Denver has to well to have chance to win which means Tebow has to raise his game. This is NFL you more times than not play like crap for 55 minutes and expect to win. Sometimes you can get away with it against say a win less team like the Dolphins even that is unusual. I don't understand why some Gator fans can be realistic in their expectations. I want Denver to win but I know they can't play as poorly has they have and beat a good team like the Raiders.

MOtorboat
11-02-2011, 09:47 AM
Maybe they can give Tim a participation ribbon.

Dzone
11-02-2011, 09:51 AM
If the temps are good in Colorado this Sunday, I might be tempted to say screw it and go work outside...ahhhhh crap, I cant miss a game, even when everyone knows we are going to get annihilated

Northman
11-02-2011, 10:02 AM
You know, starting threads like this is like the kiss of death. It should read "We are going to lose to Oakland this week!" so that reverse mojo can work.

MOtorboat
11-02-2011, 10:09 AM
You know, starting threads like this is like the kiss of death. It should read "We are going to lose to Oakland this week!" so that reverse mojo can work.

Do you really expect anything less?

lgenf
11-02-2011, 10:24 AM
We r going to win, get on the bandwagon or get run over by it!

Lancane
11-02-2011, 10:41 AM
We r going to win, get on the bandwagon or get run over by it!

The wagon is on fire, you just can't seem to sense it!

T.K.O.
11-02-2011, 10:52 AM
The wagon is on fire, you just can't seem to sense it!

And so it will be written.....
"Tebow rode into the black hole on a blazing chariot,where He smote the enemy with fierceness and stuff":elefant:

jlarsiii
11-02-2011, 11:04 AM

You should be embarrassed for even typing this drivel...

Like others have said it is not coincidence that Luck is considered a once in a generation prospect and the best QB prospect to come along since Elway. Elway was, and still is, that highly regarded...

Cugel
11-02-2011, 11:18 AM

That is insane

The answer is: they're not. They've thrown everything but the kitchen sink into the game plan and nothing's worked.

One look at the shotgun stats leaves no mistake the Broncos are trying to tailor their offense around quarterback Tim Tebow.
(http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19244592)
In the two games since Tebow has been the starting quarterback, the Broncos have been passing from the shotgun 79.7 percent of the time — a whopping 23.4 percent increase from the first five games started by Kyle Orton.

There's nothing more they can do beyond what they are already doing. Sure they could run a few more bubble screens and short drops, but if Tebow is going to overthrow his WRs by 10 yards what can you do?

John Fox and McCoy can't go out on the field and make the throws for Tebow. He's had WIDE OPEN WRs running right down the middle of the field in the last 2 games. All he has to do is make the throw and it's a TD.

Eric Decker was on a designed play that totally caught the defense off guard and let the WR get behind everybody. Tebow wasn't even CLOSE. And against the Lions did you see all the guys waving their arms in the middle of the field? Tebow just can't do his job and get them the ball.

You've got to be able to thread the ball into a tight window to play QB in the NFL. Fans just take it for granted that a QB should be able to run to his right, stop and throw to a spot 20 yards downfield with the exact timing so that the ball is exactly where the WR will be 1 second later, and NOT miss by more than 1 foot because if he trails the play the defender will run right into the pass for an interception.

That's a rare skill that not many human beings have and it doesn't look like Tim Tebow is one of the exceptions. :coffee:

Cugel
11-02-2011, 11:26 AM
You should be embarrassed for even typing this drivel...

Like others have said it is not coincidence that Luck is considered a once in a generation prospect and the best QB prospect to come along since Elway. Elway was, and still is, that highly regarded...

There's really no point in trying to argue with morons who think that if Elway came into the draft today he wouldn't be the top overall pick or that he's remotely comparable to a QB who was widely regarded by every knowledgeable NFL expert as a "project" who should be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

And he would have been a 2nd rounder and we wouldn't be having this discussion except for the insane stupidity of Josh McDaniels.

jlarsiii
11-02-2011, 11:35 AM
There's really no point in trying to argue with morons who think that if Elway came into the draft today he wouldn't be the top overall pick or that he's remotely comparable to a QB who was widely regarded by every knowledgeable NFL expert as a "project" who should be a 2nd or 3rd round draft pick.

And he would have been a 2nd rounder and we wouldn't be having this discussion except for the insane stupidity of Josh McDaniels.

Agreed. I felt compelled to respond to that post even though many others already had done so and said what I wanted to say.

Like you said it would have been better if he had been drafted later and given time to develop. Still, there are so many tebow fanbois there still could have been pressure from the fans to play him sooner rather then later even in that scenario.

TXBRONC
11-02-2011, 11:44 AM

I don't mean to be combative but you're way overstating the comparison. Even with whatever problems Elway had as rookie he was still light years ahead of Tebow as pocket passer. As Elway was developing as pocket passer he still never ran as much as Tebow is doing right now. He wasn't ever one read quarterback and then tuck it and if it's not there. I hate to say because I like the kid but he doesn't have that kind of time to develop as passer.

I wouldn't call Micheal Vick a pocket passer. He's better at it than he was before he got to Philadelphia but still not a pocket passer.

Northman
11-02-2011, 11:47 AM
I don't mean to be combative but you're way overstating the comparison. Even with whatever problems Elway had as rookie he was still light years ahead of Tebow as pocket passer. As Elway was developing as pocket passer he still never ran as much as Tebow is doing right now. He wasn't ever one read quarterback and then tuck it and if it's not there. I hate to say because I like the kid but he doesn't have that kind of time to develop as passer.

I wouldn't call Micheal Vick a pocket passer. He's better at it than he was before he got to Philadelphia but still not a pocket passer.

^This

When i was defending Tebow's play a while back after his first 3 starts i compared him to A LOT of HOF and SB winning QB's in their first 3 starts. However, i also mentioned that it can go either way for Tebow. He can either become really good or really bad. While no one can write off Tebow after just his 5 starts you can dissect his play which is well behind some of the other QB's who he was being compared too. If Tebow was such a great passer, etc he would of been projected as a bonafide 1st rounder without question. But he wasnt, everyone knew he had things to work on including Tim himself.

lgenf
11-04-2011, 12:41 PM
Getting closer to game day, the winning gameplan for Denver has been installed and the timing routes are working well this week in practice

Our defense is keyed on stopping the run this weekend and Tebow will QB us to an acceptable victory at the black hole.

We r going to win!

weazel
11-04-2011, 12:54 PM
I think we win, too.

seriously.

Oakland had 2 weeks to prepare and they are a better team but I think we win. Im just gonna say screw you to logic! Go Broncos

lgenf
11-04-2011, 01:02 PM
I think we win, too.

seriously.

Oakland had 2 weeks to prepare and they are a better team but I think we win. Im just gonna say screw you to logic! Go Broncos

There we go!

GO BRONCOS!

We're gonna win!

NightTerror218
11-04-2011, 01:20 PM
I think palmer has atleast 2 ints, if we have pick6s then we win. If Tebow plays like he did last year. I think we can win. If it is the exact same as last 2 games I am going to kill something. If I dont see a single screen pass or short quick passing plays called McCoy will be the target. Basic knowledge from what I know, to stop blitzes you have to beat them so quick passes will do that. Waiting for WR to run routes down field when you got 8 guys coming at you just wont cut it. If McGahee is not starting then our running game will suck.

lgenf
11-04-2011, 05:22 PM
I think palmer has atleast 2 ints, if we have pick6s then we win. If Tebow plays like he did last year. I think we can win. If it is the exact same as last 2 games I am going to kill something. If I dont see a single screen pass or short quick passing plays called McCoy will be the target. Basic knowledge from what I know, to stop blitzes you have to beat them so quick passes will do that. Waiting for WR to run routes down field when you got 8 guys coming at you just wont cut it. If McGahee is not starting then our running game will suck.

I think elway took care of the no screens and only two quick passes from last week with the criticism of the play calling

I do think Tebow is going to play better, and I think our line is going to do better after last weeks whooping

NightTerror218
11-04-2011, 05:31 PM
I think elway took care of the no screens and only two quick passes from last week with the criticism of the play calling

I do think Tebow is going to play better, and I think our line is going to do better after last weeks whooping

Cant wait for Elway to tell Fox he needs a new OC after this season. That his offense is going to need a new look, especially if we draft a new QB.

Ravage!!!
11-04-2011, 06:21 PM
There are so many OCs on the board.... thats entertaining.

lgenf
11-04-2011, 06:25 PM
New QB or not we need a new OC and some real help on both sides of the ball

Keep our punter and kicker though

MOtorboat
11-06-2011, 07:29 PM
Good call.

I was wrong.

Northman
11-06-2011, 07:31 PM
Yep, got to give Lgenf credit. He predicted the win even though McGahee and Royal played the biggest part today. But whether its the confidence of Tebow or what the team looks motivated behind him. Good win today.

Timmy!
11-06-2011, 07:31 PM
lugnut for president.

Nomad
11-06-2011, 07:47 PM
lgenf > all the doubters in this thread!:lol:

lgenf
11-06-2011, 07:47 PM
Hey guys it was a Great game

Our defense played up in the second half

Our special teams played up to the task

And our offense, man what a game

Tebow looked shaky in that first half, but the second half was clicking so let's hope we are on to something

And thank GOD mcgahee was healthy for this week

Tebow showed the improvement I hoped he would show.

BroncoStud
11-06-2011, 07:49 PM
Ok lgenf, I will be at Arrowhead next week, what is going to happen?

BigDaddyBronco
11-06-2011, 07:51 PM

Todd Haley will wear that nasty looking hat of his. He needs a shave and a shower. Dirtbag.

lgenf
11-06-2011, 07:51 PM

Haha

I'm no prognosticator, let me see how this week feels

silkamilkamonico
11-06-2011, 07:55 PM
great game today. was awesome seeing denvers offense dictate the defense....been years since that haooened. great game today!

I Eat Staples
11-06-2011, 08:52 PM
Good call Igenf. Like I said to T.K.O in his thread, I'm sure you were just a homer getting lucky, but as long as your optimistic predictions work out I'm good!

T.K.O.
11-06-2011, 08:57 PM

i guess it was YOUR ass....mine is still as pure as Tebow....that sounds ghey :confused:

lgenf
11-06-2011, 09:03 PM
i guess it was YOUR ass....mine is still as pure as Tebow....that sounds ghey :confused:

Yeah, TKO

Let's not use that one as a comeback anymore

T.K.O.
11-06-2011, 09:06 PM
Yeah, TKO

Let's not use that one as a comeback anymore

i think i'll sit the next couple posts out:laugh:

John Bad Elk
11-06-2011, 09:27 PM

What happened Festus?

weazel
11-06-2011, 09:30 PM
I think we win, too.

seriously.

just gonna quote myself to feel like a cool guy

lgenf
11-06-2011, 09:39 PM
just gonna quote myself to feel like a cool guy

Hi-5!!! Weazy

John Bad Elk
11-06-2011, 10:37 PM
Actually the Raiders have a very good football team with a solid OL and the best running game in football backed by Darren McFadden. They have a very good defense, led by Richard Seymour.

You saw what happened when you take a guy off the scrap heap who hasn't played since last year and doesn't know any of their players and hasn't worked with the team and isn't in football shape and throw him into an NFL game in late October. Stuff happens when you do that and it's not going to be GOOD stuff.

So, does Denver have a chance? Sure. Not a great chance but a chance. But, all the Teboners need to tune into reality FM.

The Tebow we saw the last 2 weeks IS "the real Tebow." It's not going to get better. :coffee:

And if they Broncos play remotely as badly as they did the last 2 weeks, then Palmer isn't going to matter. They can win just running the ball and letting "Tebow be Tebow" which remember was good for 14 points versus the Lions -- and it should have been 28 if certain Lions hadn't dropped 2 or 3 easy picks.

What happened to the "real Tebow?".

igoe4broncos
11-07-2011, 12:12 AM
Don't know about you guys, but it just feels damn good to beat the Raiders again.

TXBRONC
11-07-2011, 12:30 AM
It's always nice to beat the Raiders.

Watchthemiddle
11-07-2011, 03:44 AM
I wouldn't use the word throw when describing what Tebow does....it's more of a lob.

Tebow has an above average arm. He just needs to learn how to put touch on the ball when needed and work on his accuracy...today he took a big step forward. One bad overthrow, and followed that up with a bullet strike to Decker.

Watchthemiddle
11-07-2011, 03:46 AM

Huh....how did Tebow being Tebow turn out today again?? You did say one thing correct in this post...Palmer didn't matter....:D

Watchthemiddle
11-07-2011, 03:46 AM
it's always nice to beat the raiders.

yesssssssss

TXBRONC
11-07-2011, 07:45 AM
Tebow has an above average arm. He just needs to learn how to put touch on the ball when needed and work on his accuracy...today he took a big step forward. One bad overthrow, and followed that up with a bullet strike to Decker.

No he didn't. A completion percentage of 48% is not taking a big step forward.

vettesplus
11-07-2011, 09:29 AM
i am man enough to eat alittle crow, great job broncos, but not yet settled on the qb situation here....

wayninja
11-10-2011, 10:51 PM
No he didn't. A completion percentage of 48% is not taking a big step forward.

Well, sure, if that's the only number you want to focus on out of all context...

How about 2 TD passes and over 100 yards rushing with 0 turnovers?

Compare the 2 doesn't-quite-tell-the-whole-story statlines...