PDA

View Full Version : Don't Panic Yet!

Bullgator
10-31-2011, 12:57 PM
YES its true that Tebow looks like a retard humping doorknobs out there so far.

Obviously I didnt think he was capable of playing this bad. I will say he will continue to look this bad until the staff AND Tebow can beat the 9 man fronts they are crushing him with.

Once they make that adjustment I think he will play much better.

BUT, I dont care how bad he looked in 2 Games. At 1-1 this is not cause to go ape shit people.

One issue is that there has been so much heated debate over this kid that at the first sign of success or failure both sides are looking for the kill shot prematurely.

The world predicted his failure and is rejoicing in the early struggles. His supporters are in hiding and of course, because what could we say? Those on the fence are quickly abandoning all hope because of the avalanche of haters screaming "I TOLD YOU SO!!" It looks really bad for Tim. Hes down... but is he really out after 2 games?

Did last week teach us nothing? It most certainly is darkest right now but it's not over... not by a damn sight.

Bottom line is we got killed by a good team, Tebow is 1-1 and if he somehow manages to play well at Oakland and get the win, then all bets are off again.

Do not bury Tebow or this team before they are officially dead and buried in concrete.

I still have hope... because there is time on the clock.
:salute:

GEM
10-31-2011, 12:59 PM
There is 9 man fronts because Tebow can't throw the ball. Not saying he can't be accurate or whatever....he doesn't have the vision to get the ball out in a timely manner. He isn't reading the plays as they open up quickly enough. By the time he reads it, the window is closed. Until he can do this correctly, teams will continue to stick 9 in the box. They are daring him to beat them and he can't.

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 01:02 PM
Ok but I want to know if Tebows still going to be the Michael Jordan of football? :lol:

Bullgator
10-31-2011, 01:03 PM
There is 9 man fronts because Tebow can't throw the ball. Not saying he can't be accurate or whatever....he doesn't have the vision to get the ball out in a timely manner. He isn't reading the plays as they open up quickly enough. By the time he reads it, the window is closed. Until he can do this correctly, teams will continue to stick 9 in the box. They are daring him to beat them and he can't.

Agreed. Its like a frickin rubics cube to him at the moment.

This is the first time he has ever faced this and is unsure how to beat it. He is literally panicking in the pocket.

I do think eventually he and the staff will figure out how to break teams from doing this and once they do Tebow will play much much better.

silkamilkamonico
I envy Carolina for having a QB that is a yards/TD machine in Scam Newton, who's the best Florida QB in the NFL.

I envy the Vikings, who have already seen loads of potential in Ponder in his first 2 starts.

I envy the Bengals, who have seen a seeming-less transition of QB's and look to have one that's for real in Dalton.

I envy the Browns and the Rams, both who have better QB's then us.

Meanwhile, we're stuck with some overrated college spread QB who can't even throw basic routes in the NFL.

All of the above teams have a QB who has been in the league as long as Tebow, or even less.

Tim Tebow is the worst starting QB in the NFL, and there are a plethora of backups who are better than him as well.

Jsteve01

Obviously I didnt think he was capable of playing this bad. I will say he will continue to look this bad until the staff AND Tebow can beat the 9 man fronts they are crushing him with.

BUT, I dont care how bad he looked in 2 Games. At 1-1 this is not cause to go ape shit people.

One issue is that there has been so much heated debate over this kid that at the first sign of success or failure both sides are looking for the kill shot prematurely.

The world predicted his failure and is rejoicing in the early struggles. His supporters are in hiding and of course, because what could we say? Those on the fence are quickly abandoning all hope because of the avalanche of haters screaming "I TOLD YOU SO!!" It looks really bad for Tim. Hes down... but is he really out after 2 games?

Did last week teach us nothing? It most certainly is darkest right now but it's not over... not by a damn sight.

Bottom line is we got killed by a good team, Tebow is 1-1 and if he somehow manages to play well at Oakland and get the win, then all bets are off again.

Do not bury Tebow or this team before they are officially dead and buried in concrete.

Just wondering if Tebow falls flat on his face will you continue to root for the Broncos?

Bullgator
10-31-2011, 01:05 PM
Ok but I want to know if Tebows still going to be the Michael Jordan of football? :lol:

Hey they are trying to revolutionize the position if you are paying attention... more and more they are trying to let him play his style. Its just not working...

so YES they are trying to make him change the game... NO it is not working atm... not with that 9 man front.

lets break the 9 man front first and if we can do that the jury is still out to me.

vandammage13
10-31-2011, 01:06 PM

I guess the clinging hope is that maybe he'll start to get it mentally.

Doesn't look very promising based on what has been displayed, but if TT can improve in that area then MAYBE, just MAYBE, he can perform OK.

Odds are against him though, and this team from the coaching staff on down to man #53 Brady Quinn isn't going to be able to do much to help him, so he better start improving individually quick or he might not even be starting in a couple more games....

GEM

This is the first time he has ever faced this and is unsure how to beat it. He is literally panicking in the pocket.

I do think eventually he and the staff will figure out how to break teams from doing this and once they do Tebow will play much much better.

Sorry Bull....this is the Not For Long league. He won't have a chance based on the amount of time teams give QB's who aren't producing.

TXBRONC

This is pretty much what Elway said this morning on The Ticket.

Bullgator
10-31-2011, 01:07 PM
Just wondering if Tebow falls flat on his face will you continue to root for the Broncos?

Why is that important to you?

Yes I will.

silkamilkamonico
10-31-2011, 01:07 PM
LMAO

Steve Spurrier tried to revolutionize the position by throwing a spread offense in as well, and he ran back to college with his tale tucked between his legs faster than Tim Tebow's inner clock in the pocket.

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:08 PM
Hey they are trying to revolutionize the position if you are paying attention... more and more they are trying to let him play his style. Its just not working...

so YES they are trying to make him change the game... NO it is not working atm... not with that 9 man front.

lets break the 9 man front first and if we can do that the jury is still out to me.

Because the defenses are too fast at this level for the spread to work in the NFL.

You won't break the 9 man front without being able to open up the long ball. Something Tebow can't do right now and won't have a long enough period of time to learn how to do.

Urban Meyer really ****** up this kid's chances of being an NFL qb. There just isn't a team in the league that has enough time to teach him the fundamentals of being an NFL qb.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 01:09 PM
Why did they (McCoy and Fox) switch out of the spread offense

Why did they not have any rollouts

Why did they only throw 2 plays that were quick hits off 3 step drops, Tebow hit both of them in stride for good gains

Why was there only 1 screen? It resulted in a TD

Why if they say they are going to tailor the offense to Tebows strengths and it fng works on the first drive do they switch out of it for the second drive which failed miserably and not switch back into it

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 01:10 PM

Right, but MJ23 was really, really good. :eek:

Bullgator
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
Sorry Bull....this is the Not For Long league. He won't have a chance based on the amount of time teams give QB's who aren't producing.

Says the team that gave Orton 2 1/2 years.

TWO GAMES!!!!!!!! 2-3 overall!

he is being stymied by a gimmick defense. Sooner or later they cant do that anymore and all bets are off.

Tebow has had 2 weeks to practice and he has never practiced against what hes facing. Its a tough spot to be in. To try and process everything with 8 guys blitzing you every play as a noob is NOT easy to deal with.

He will get 2 more games and if he cant break the 9 man front then we wont see him for a year or 2.

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:14 PM
Why did they (McCoy and Fox) switch out of the spread offense

Why did they not have any rollouts

Why did they only throw 2 plays that were quick hits off 3 step drops, Tebow hit both of them in stride for good gains

Why was there only 1 screen? It resulted in a TD

Why if they say they are going to tailor the offense to Tebows strengths and it fng works on the first drive do they switch out of it for the second drive which failed miserably and not switch back into it

Because the spread offense doesn't work in the NFL. The defenses are too fast at this level. The reason the first drive worked....it was scripted. The defense catches on and it no longer works. They can't cater an offense to Tebow. You can't run a college scheme in the NFL and it's unfair to the other 10 guys on offense to expect them to learn Tebow's scheme. It also does damage to those guys to try.

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:16 PM

he is being stymied by a gimmick defense. Sooner or later they cant do that anymore and all bets are off.

Tebow has had 2 weeks to practice and he has never practiced against what hes facing. Its a tough spot to be in. To try and process everything with 8 guys blitzing you every play as a noob is NOT easy to deal with.

He will get 2 more games and if he cant break the 9 man front then we wont see him for a year or 2.

I didn't say I agreed with Orton for 2 1/2 years. Check my posts for the last 2 years. I have hated Orton that entire time.

But that time with Orton was during a time when they thought they could build. They thought McD was the answer. They had a lot more patience then. Patience is now out the door because of the last 2 years. It either works or it doesn't, but now if it doesn't they move on. Is it fair to Tebow, no.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 01:16 PM
what is a spread offense?

Bullgator
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
Because the spread offense doesn't work in the NFL. The defenses are too fast at this level. The reason the first drive worked....it was scripted. The defense catches on and it no longer works. They can't cater an offense to Tebow. You can't run a college scheme in the NFL and it's unfair to the other 10 guys on offense to expect them to learn Tebow's scheme. It also does damage to those guys to try.

IMO the offensive players are faster too in the NFL right? its all relative.. all the spread is is getting your mismatches out in space, so they can work.. the problem lies in the team who is trying to run it... some teams just dont have the talent to make it work.

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:17 PM
what is a spread offense?

Nut, you watch college ball right? That's a spread offense.

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:18 PM
IMO the offensive players are faster too in the NFL right? its all relative.. all the spread is is getting your mismatches out in space, so they can work.. the problem lies in the team who is trying to run it... some teams just dont have the talent to make it work.

Unfortunately, we're one of those teams.

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:19 PM
That is why a team like New England can pull it off.

silkamilkamonico
10-31-2011, 01:20 PM

He has 2 more games and if he can't break the 9 man front we will never see him in a Denver uniform. You honestly think the coaching staff is going to just chalk this up to him being not ready, sideline him, and then F--k around for a year or 2?

No, they are going to draft their next QB. They most likely already are anyways, with what ELway is saying.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 01:21 PM

Gem they didn't switch because the d corrected and adjusted

The second and all consecutive drives they didn't even line up in the spread

They litter ally scraped it for no reason

Had decker dragged his feet to ensure it was a TD (and I think it was anyway) then we would have scored a TD then abandoned the scheme, instead we get a bad call and a FG and abandoned it anyways

The defense did nothing, we switched out of it

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 01:22 PM
The usher on the Hindenberg-
"Don't panic yet"

The capt. of the Titanic-
"Don't panic yet"

The Astronaut to Kristy McCullough-
"Don't panic yet"

Bullgator to Bronconation-
"Dont panic yet"

BroncoNut
Nut, you watch college ball right? That's a spread offense.

yes, I do watch college football, but could you be more specific? Like I still don't quite get what a spread offense is. Does it have to do with positioning and route running of the wideouts for example?

Bullgator

Give it a couple of weeks.(I think it should be at least the rest of the year for better or worse, that would be optimal growth for Tebow and better for DB one way or the other... win or higher draft pick for QB)

Hold on to hope... Maybe they will figure out what to do against the 9 man front and we can all breath easier.

If not, then and only then will I support a change and concede that he needs another 1-2 years.

Either way we have not seen the last of Tebow.

BroncoNut
the usher on the hindenberg-
"don't panic yet"

the capt. Of the titanic-
"don't panic yet"

the astronaut to kristy mccullough-
"don't panic yet"

bullgator to bronconation-
"dont panic yet"

lol.

silkamilkamonico

The spread only works in the NFL if you have a QB who can precisely read presnap, read the defense in his setup and then make the right read, decision, throw.

Tebow can't even read pre-snap yet, let alone read is his setup, or make the right read, or even deliver a quick decisive accurate throw.

Tebow is so far from being even an average NFL QB in running a spread. I would put money down right now that it isn't ever going to happen.

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 01:24 PM

I don't running a collegiate style offense is going help Tebow read a pro defense any better than he has thus far.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:25 PM
Gem they didn't switch because the d corrected and adjusted

The second and all consecutive drives they didn't even line up in the spread

They litter ally scraped it for no reason

Had decker dragged his feet to ensure it was a TD (and I think it was anyway) then we would have scored a TD then abandoned the scheme, instead we get a bad call and a FG and abandoned it anyways

The defense did nothing, we switched out of it

It wasn't for no reason, lgenf. As Fox and Elway have said....they are not going with the spread just because it works for Tebow. They expect Tebow to learn how to be an NFL qb.

The ball to Decker was overthrown and high. Had it hit him in stride he would have had time for 2 steps in bounds.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 01:28 PM
It wasn't for no reason, lgenf. As Fox and Elway have said....they are not going with the spread just because it works for Tebow. They expect Tebow to learn how to be an NFL qb.

The ball to Decker was overthrown and high. Had it hit him in stride he would have had time for 2 steps in bounds.

you are always making excuses for Eric. the truth is he should have caught those balls.

underrated29
10-31-2011, 01:28 PM
Look at you guys. Pretty sad. Always whining. Always turning on players.

You are all acting like you actually thought we had a chance to win. Oh, we do have a Qb who gives us that chance and when we dont. Its back to the all to familiar "off with his head!" "fire this guy! This guy cant play! We have no talent!"

It was one game. A game that we knew we were not going to win, yet everyone here is doing cartwheels about how tebow played. I did not get to see the game after half time. But what about Orlando Franklin? Did he just get owned on practically every play or what?---but we are not asking for him to be forgotten after his 5 games!?!?! What gives.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 01:29 PM
yes, I do watch college football, but could you be more specific? Like I still don't quite get what a spread offense is. Does it have to do with positioning and route running of the wideouts for example?

Yes nut it does,

You have three or four WRs in every pattern

Could be two WR and a TE etc

But you have them spread out by the formation which thus allows your QB to see the match ups and open receivers quickly and takes much of the defensive scheme out of the way

Usually a single RB set for either pass rush help or release valve

And it forces the defense to cover the entire field which usually lends itself to getting open running lanes for both your RBs and your running QB

silkamilkamonico

Spreads the field, more WR's to utilize the entire field and create 1 on 1 matchups

positives
- getting the ball out in space means a big play if the player can beat that one defender
- creates huge plays

negatives
- must have players quicker/faster than their opponents to beat them
- not much blocking coverage
- can be big plays for the defense with mistakes

The primary reason the sread works more in college, is because the hashmarks on a college football field are wider, which creates much more space on the wide side of the field. The hashmarks on an NFL field are much narrower, so that space and open field is not there.

The only way the spread works in the NFL is with cerebral QBs who can read everything.

GEM
you are always making excuses for Eric. the truth is he should have caught those balls.

He caught the ball.

He did look pretty frustrated yesterday.

It's ok, he looks good frustrated. :D

Nick
10-31-2011, 01:30 PM

Tebow will never beat a nine man front (Wide 9) until he can learn to throw the ball. He will not be able to do little screens or run out side.

The coaching was excellent during the game just does not look like it because of execution. Our players were getting great separation through out the game.

The only thing last week taught me is that Miami is horrendous and Tebow's not progressing. They were the worst team in NFL and also might get Andrew Luck now...

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 01:31 PM
He caught the ball.

He did look pretty frustrated yesterday.

It's ok, he looks good frustrated. :D

:lol: Poor Eric. He is such a great guy

silkamilkamonico
Yes nut it does,

You have three or four WRs in every pattern

Could be two WR and a TE etc

But you have them spread out by the formation which thus allows your QB to see the match ups and open receivers quickly and takes much of the defensive scheme out of the way

Usually a single RB set for either pass rush help or release valve

And it forces the defense to cover the entire field which usually lends itself to getting open running lanes for both your RBs and your running QB

The NFL disguises defensive coverage much better than college because of the athletes and the ability to create pressure. It isn't about "just seeing the field" at the NFL level.

chazoe60
I like you Bull, and I like Tebow but the writing is on the wall.

If, and it's a fairly big if at the moment, Tebow ever becomes a successful starting Qab in the NFL it's going to take an innovative offensive mind with brass balls willing to do some shit the NFL has never seen. The Denver Broncos are not the team that's going to do that.

Our coaching staff is as innovative as an Amish carpenter.

Also, might just have to accept the fact (getting closer to looking like a fact every day) that Tebow's game does not translate to an NFL field. It's okay, tons of guys have suffered that same fate. It's not bad to be arguably the greatest college player ever.

Maybe a change of position is what's needed.

GEM

You are all acting like you actually thought we had a chance to win. Oh, we do have a Qb who gives us that chance and when we dont. Its back to the all to familiar "off with his head!" "fire this guy! This guy cant play! We have no talent!"

It was one game. A game that we knew we were not going to win, yet everyone here is doing cartwheels about how tebow played. I did not get to see the game after half time. But what about Orlando Franklin? Did he just get owned on practically every play or what?---but we are not asking for him to be forgotten after his 5 games!?!?! What gives.

Most of us expected to lose. Did we expect to look so bad in losing. No.

If there were any glimmers of hope in Tebow's play, there might be room for more excuses, UR. There just weren't. It was ugly, very ugly.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 01:33 PM
Spreads the field, more WR's to utilize the entire field and create 1 on 1 matchups

positives
- getting the ball out in space means a big play if the player can beat that one defender
- creates huge plays

negatives
- must have players quicker/faster than their opponents to beat them
- not much blocking coverage
- can be big plays for the defense with mistakes

The primary reason the sread works more in college, is because the hashmarks on a college football field are wider, which creates much more space on the wide side of the field. The hashmarks on an NFL field are much narrower, so that space and open field is not there.

The only way the spread works in the NFL is with cerebral QBs who can read everything.

see, that's what I kinda figured. I didn't think GEM knew w t f she was talking about. thanks silkamilka

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM

I hope GEM can see right through your
jealousy. :tsk:

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:34 PM
see, that's what I kinda figured. I didn't think GEM knew w t f she was talking about. thanks silkamilka

I just decided to give you an example instead of spelling it out for you, nut.

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:35 PM
I hope GEM can see right through your jealously. :tsk:

Nut doesn't like my affection for Mr. Decker. He wants him all for himself!

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 01:36 PM

Because Franklin can be switched to guard and mitigate losses. Tebow......might be a solid FB.

Mike
10-31-2011, 01:38 PM
Because Franklin can be switched to guard and mitigate losses. Tebow......might be a solid FB.

FB is a relic. If he doesn't work out as QB and he is willing, they need to look at TE.

silkamilkamonico
10-31-2011, 01:38 PM
GEM had it right. The spread offense rules college ball. Most of the elite programs run some form of a spread offense, and it works so well because they are recruiting much more athletic and faster kids than the poorer programs and mid majors.

Imagine an NFL team with having the fastest and most talented players in the NFl, and going against questionable starters and special team players. That in a sense is why the spread works so well in college.

AlWilsonizKING
10-31-2011, 01:39 PM
Did last week teach us nothing?

Yeah, that we can BARELY beat a bad, winless team, by going scoreless for 95% of the game and during that 95% looking like complete crap.

PEACE!!!

Mike
10-31-2011, 01:40 PM
GEM had it right. The spread offense rules college ball. Most of the elite programs run some form of a spread offense, and it works so well because they are recruiting much more athletic and faster kids than the poorer programs and mid majors.

Imagine an NFL team with having the fastest and most talented players in the NFl, and going against questionable starters and special team players. That in a sense is why the spread works so well in college.

Didn't we see this yesterday and when we played GB? Good description of both games. :lol:

AlWilsonizKING
10-31-2011, 01:41 PM

Been saying that all along, should be FB or TE, IMO.

PEACE!!!

NorCalBronco7
FB is a relic. If he doesn't work out as QB and he is willing, they need to look at TE.

Flanker?

TXBRONC
Nut doesn't like my affection for Mr. Decker. He wants him all for himself!

He wants the wrong person.

But then again he doesn't deserve a gal like you.

Mike
10-31-2011, 01:43 PM
Flanker?

What did you just call me?

;)

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 01:47 PM

;)

Ban him. :D

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 01:50 PM

;)

Seriously the flanker is going to revolutionize the NFL. Have Tebow make the switch, hire some innovative offensive HCs/OCs, change to the spread (with an option), and surround Tebow will allllll pro talent. Hes then a legit flanker.

red98
10-31-2011, 01:52 PM
Tebow will never beat a nine man front (Wide 9) until he can learn to throw the ball. He will not be able to do little screens or run out side.

The coaching was excellent during the game just does not look like it because of execution. Our players were getting great separation through out the game.

The only thing last week taught me is that Miami is horrendous and Tebow's not progressing. They were the worst team in NFL and also might get Andrew Luck now...

Maybe he won't beat a nine man front but "wide nine" refers to where the ends line up, not how many are "in the box".

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 01:53 PM
Ban him. :D

Do it. Me and Top will burn this motha down.

GEM
10-31-2011, 01:55 PM

Tell Top to just come back already. I miss blue and his wheelchair. :(

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 01:57 PM
Maybe he won't beat a nine man front but "wide nine" refers to where the ends line up, not how many are in the box".

Right but if Tebow faces the wide 9 and 9 man fronts (99ing), his brain will explode.

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 01:58 PM
Tell Top to just come back already. I miss blue and his wheelchair. :(

He died of AIDS so thats going to be a problem.

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 02:04 PM

Top won't be able to help because he's in Iowa promoting his new book Orton the Man, the Myth, the Legend.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 02:07 PM
Top won't be able to help because he's in Iowa promoting his new book Orton the Man, the Myth, the Legend.

I miss baiting Top and getting him all pissed off, or in his case, pissed on

NorCalBronco7
10-31-2011, 02:08 PM

Yeah Ive read that and "Through My Eyes" and got to say, I cried reading both. Very inspirational.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 02:10 PM
Orton is form Altoona Iowa I believe

hotcarl
10-31-2011, 02:11 PM
just got back from a marathon tebowing session... what is this thread about?

picnics?

Nick
10-31-2011, 02:22 PM
Maybe he won't beat a nine man front but "wide nine" refers to where the ends line up, not how many are "in the box".

I understand that. When ever you have ends lined up in wide nine it is for same reasoning. Basically bring it on the play. With end going out like that you need to bring personal inside. They both kinda co exist with each other.

This is great form to stopping the run and just bringing it.

If you watch the eagles play... It is very similar. At times it looks like they only have on safety out. The bring them in to disguise the play and if they didn't... You could ultimately run consistently inside.

You will always see these teams having 8-9 man fronts.

But you are right I was terming it as a formation. Just feels like it is in its own way.

The best way for teams to beat this is to step up in pocket and release quick.

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
Yeah Ive read that and "Through My Eyes" and got to say, I cried reading both. Very inspirational.

I'm waiting for the movie.

dogfish
10-31-2011, 02:39 PM
bullgator, do you know where your towel is?

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 02:40 PM
I'm waiting for the movie.

Through my eyes, the Kyle Orton Story

Northman
10-31-2011, 02:45 PM
I agreed with this statement 100%.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-31-2011, 02:52 PM

This is what so many on here tired to say over and over - pro ball is totally different than college ball, unless you come from a pro oriented college offense, which TT did not. That is why it does not matter NOW what he accomplished in college.

Poet
10-31-2011, 02:53 PM
Jesus Christ.

Tebow does have time, Russell got two years and change, so did Ryan Leaf, Alex Smith has had like 80 years, etc etc etc.

The Denver game was next to the TV the Bengals were playing on, and from what I saw, and I wasn't really watching with that much care, Tebow looked awful. That pick six throw was an abortion of a pass.

With that being said, it was clicking for him during crunch time in the past games.

He needs really, really good offensive coaches. He needs a coordinator who can scheme in his strengths better. He needs a superb running back whose presence can make Tebow get better looks. Playaction passing is Tebow's friend and so are rollouts.

I never understood the John Fox hire and this is just a bad fit. I love Tebow, I want the guy to tear it up, but I just don't think long-term Denver is in the cards.

Northman
10-31-2011, 02:54 PM
This is what so many on here tired to say over and over - pro ball is totally different than college ball, unless you come from a pro oriented college offense.

Yet it was hard for Bullgator to understand the first 200 times of explaining it too him. Instead, he just kept telling us that Tebow wouldnt fail because he never has failed. Well guess what BG, he's failed.

BORDERLINE
10-31-2011, 03:09 PM
I would agree most of the Broncos fans wanted Tebow to get a shot. We had hope with him at QB, last years 3 games where better than the 13 with Orton.

No real Broncos fan wants him to fail but we are not gonna stand by him like all the Tebow supporters that say he can do no wrong when he is looking like sh** out on the field.

I don't believe Bronco fans need to panic we knew what this season was about. After Orton was named started expectation went south no doubt. It turned into a whole thing about put Tebow in to see what he has and WE are seeing it and it isn't pretty.

He's 1-1 maybe he pulls it off and does the impossible but all signs at the moment point to us drafting a QB. Tebow is a cool guy, love his passion and everything else he brings but if he can't throw when the defense is making you throw he won't be in the NFL (as a QB) for long.

NameUsedBefore
10-31-2011, 04:26 PM
I just don't think I was watching the same game as this incoherent mob of fans. Was Tebow chilling back in a deep pocket with great protection? Were his stellar receivers getting open all the time or even putting in good effort? Was the run-game doing anything at all? Was the playcalling outstanding? Did anyone see any hot routes vs. a blitz happy team? Any flares or bubbles or screens or delayed handoffs? Literally anything that counters an aggressive defense? How about max-protection after the strip-fumble-TD? Because three guys were in the backfield before the QB even hit his drop, maybe Denver should have looked at different protection schemes. Did it do that? No. Even John Lynch in the booth was going WTF at the gameplan out there.

Did Tebow play well? No. Did Tebow have a situation to play well in? No. But I don't expect you idiots to know any better when you think five-games is enough time to evaluate an NFL quarterback. I could list all kinds of QBs who have played far worse early in their careers and arguably on far superior teams (we chose #2 last year, FYI, and Bowlen is holding back $20m in cap as he hires scrubs at every position), but that doesn't seem to make any difference to anyone.

Nick
10-31-2011, 04:53 PM
I just don't think I was watching the same game as this incoherent mob of fans. Was Tebow chilling back in a deep pocket with great protection?

They were switching it up and absolutely bring the heat. He however had a decent amount of time and more so if he stepped into to pocket. They were showing a front 8-9 through out game and use a wide nine.

Were his stellar receivers getting open all the time or even putting in good effort?

The receivers did a wonderful job getting separation. It seemed like a person was open on every play.

Was the run-game doing anything at all?

They were set up to stop the run the entire game.

Was the playcalling outstanding?

I thought play calling was excellent but execution was horrendous.

Did anyone see any hot routes vs. a blitz happy team?

The entire game and tons of check downs not utilized.

Any flares or bubbles or screens or delayed handoffs?

This would have been a disaster how Detroit was lined up. You need to do almost opposite when going against an aggressive D in a wide nine showing 9 up front. You need to have a D respect your passing before even considering this.

Literally anything that counters an aggressive defense?

They did some great offensive plays specifically for this type defense.

How about max-protection after the strip-fumble-TD? Because three guys were in the backfield before the QB even hit his drop, maybe Denver should have looked at different protection schemes. Did it do that?No. Even John Lynch in the booth was going WTF at the gameplan out there.

You would be in same situation and not taking advantage against there D if you did. Fact is there are people wide open.

Did Tebow play well? No. Did Tebow have a situation to play well in? No. But I don't expect you idiots to know any better when you think five-games is enough time to evaluate an NFL quarterback. I could list all kinds of QBs who have played far worse early in their careers and arguably on far superior teams (we chose #2 last year, FYI, and Bowlen is holding back $20m in cap as he hires scrubs at every position), but that doesn't seem to make any difference to anyone.

He looks awful BUT he absolutely had a situation to play well. Well this idiot thinks you need to look closer to the game because if Tebow looked off the first target more then 2 times that game, Released quicker and could throw a ball worth a dang... It could be a different story.

Fact is he has been in NFL two years and shown minimal progressions. He has the exact same tendencies and does not look like an NFL QB.

I have not seen a QB this inaccurate before... not to mention a guy that can't move his head at all.

The fact is to beat a team that shows 8-9 up front with their ends out wide. You need to step "Into" pocket and release quick and make fast decisions.

If you watch the difference with him and cam... Cam makes his decisions and progressions 30x quicker.

Cugel
10-31-2011, 05:05 PM

This is where you have EPIC FAIL! Bullgator. :coffee:

It's not being a "hater" if you think Tebow sucks and will never be any good. It's just watching football games and seeing him suck.

It's watching him miss 2 or 3 wide open WRs for easy TDs, some throws by as much as 10 yards. It's seeing him sacked 11 times in 2 games because he holds onto the ball too long.

It's seeing him throw pick 6's and fumble three times in 1 game, one run in for a second TD.

Seeing is believing. What makes anybody assume blindly that "of course he will learn" other than blind faith?

What do you see aside from Tim's divine halo?

I Eat Staples
10-31-2011, 05:14 PM
Tebow doesn't suck because McCoy sucks. They both suck by their own merit.

Cugel
10-31-2011, 05:25 PM
I just don't think I was watching the same game as this incoherent mob of fans. Was Tebow chilling back in a deep pocket with great protection? Were his stellar receivers getting open all the time or even putting in good effort? Was the run-game doing anything at all? Was the playcalling outstanding? Did anyone see any hot routes vs. a blitz happy team? Any flares or bubbles or screens or delayed handoffs? Literally anything that counters an aggressive defense? How about max-protection after the strip-fumble-TD? Because three guys were in the backfield before the QB even hit his drop, maybe Denver should have looked at different protection schemes. Did it do that? No. Even John Lynch in the booth was going WTF at the gameplan out there.

I'd say an entire season is enough for John Elway to evaluate a QB.

There's just this insane notion that he has some idea what it takes to be an NFL QB and win a SB and can take a look at Tebow over the course of an off-season and during the season, and decide whether he thinks this guy will ever have that ability or not.

I have no idea why idiot people think that Elway might possibly know what he's doing in that area after leading a team to 5 SBs! :coffee:

BroncoStud
10-31-2011, 05:40 PM
It's shocking to me how poorly Tebow reads defenses. How do you win a Heisman Trophy in the SEC at QB and not know how to read a defense... AT ALL?

He needs quick slants, screens, all the easy stuff. Work him into the harder stuff. He's being asked to do something he clearly isn't capable of. I see the same feeble ability out of Gabbert. The spread sure has it's downside.

I'd like to think that we can develop a gameplan to minimize his SUCK this week, but the Raiders are licking their chops.

MOtorboat
10-31-2011, 06:04 PM
It's shocking to me how poorly Tebow reads defenses. How do you win a Heisman Trophy in the SEC at QB and not know how to read a defense... AT ALL?

He needs quick slants, screens, all the easy stuff. Work him into the harder stuff. He's being asked to do something he clearly isn't capable of. I see the same feeble ability out of Gabbert. The spread sure has it's downside.

I'd like to think that we can develop a gameplan to minimize his SUCK this week, but the Raiders are licking their chops.

The problem is even when they do call slant routes, he was hit and miss. I remember one completion, one pass that was two yards behind the receiver and a third incompletion on what appeared to be quick hit slants.

I am frustrated that no screens were called, but part of the reason I don't think they called slants and screens was because 10, and sometimes all 11, defenders were within 5-10 yards of the LOS. It's hard to call bubble screens, slips screens and slants when the defenders are right there.

McCoy could move the pocket a little (only remember seeing it once) and it least try a few screens. How about a crazy throwback from Eddie to Tebow on a jet sweep. I didn't see any planned misdirection, either. The playcalling was not good, but Tebow leaves so little that you could call, and stacking the box makes it worse.

NameUsedBefore
10-31-2011, 08:18 PM
They were switching it up and absolutely bring the heat. He however had a decent amount of time and more so if he stepped into to pocket. They were showing a front 8-9 through out game and use a wide nine.

Incompatible sentences. They were bringing the heat, but he had time? There was hardly any pocket to step up into when Suh is ruining Beadles' starting career every other play.

This would have been a disaster how Detroit was lined up. You need to do almost opposite when going against an aggressive D in a wide nine showing 9 up front. You need to have a D respect your passing before even considering this.

100% wrong. You do not beat a blitzing, aggressive defense by playing Martz-ball. Even more so when your line sucks and your receivers are all number-threes.

The receivers did a wonderful job getting separation. It seemed like a person was open on every play.

I thought play calling was excellent but execution was horrendous.

The entire game and tons of check downs not utilized.

They did some great offensive plays specifically for this type defense.

You would be in same situation and not taking advantage against there D if you did. Fact is there are people wide open.

The fact is to beat a team that shows 8-9 up front with their ends out wide. You need to step "Into" pocket and release quick and make fast decisions.

He looks awful BUT he absolutely had a situation to play well.

http://i.imgur.com/la0cJ.png

BroncoBJ
10-31-2011, 08:28 PM
I was expecting Tebow to win a Superbowl with us this year. You Gator fans made us believe that he would do that. :fight:

Lancane
10-31-2011, 08:35 PM
I was expecting Tebow to win a Superbowl with us this year. You Gator fans made us believe that he would do that. :fight:

Listening to Florida Alumni about football is like listening to a self proclaimed Conservative Liberal slandering religion and socialism, both are confused and don't have a clue what they're talking about!

:rofl:

Ravage!!!
10-31-2011, 09:07 PM
Yet it was hard for Bullgator to understand the first 200 times of explaining it too him. Instead, he just kept telling us that Tebow wouldnt fail because he never has failed. Well guess what BG, he's failed.

Not only did he tell us that TT never failed, but he NEVER PLAYED A BAD GAME IN HIS LIFE!!!

Welcome to the NFL. Its a hard fall, and that first bounce is going to hurt.

Ravage!!!
10-31-2011, 09:08 PM
Tebow doesn't get two years .... in Denver....from this year to prove himself. This is it. Right now he's dug himself a hole that is Soooooo large, our staff is already scouting QBs for this up coming draft....and working out trades to send Tim.

Northman
10-31-2011, 10:37 PM

Contrary to your belief, you can actually dissect a particular player's weaknesses without concentrating on the rest of the problems on the team. I think people understand there are problems on this team, one of them also happens to be the QB position which is where people like to start because that is the most important on offense. Dont know why you need to call people idiots just because they dont agree with your assessment.

dogfish
10-31-2011, 11:32 PM
okay, is it time to panic yet?

Bullgator
11-01-2011, 02:08 AM
I like you Bull, and I like Tebow but the writing is on the wall.

If, and it's a fairly big if at the moment, Tebow ever becomes a successful starting Qab in the NFL it's going to take an innovative offensive mind with brass balls willing to do some shit the NFL has never seen. The Denver Broncos are not the team that's going to do that.

Our coaching staff is as innovative as an Amish carpenter.

Also, might just have to accept the fact (getting closer to looking like a fact every day) that Tebow's game does not translate to an NFL field. It's okay, tons of guys have suffered that same fate. It's not bad to be arguably the greatest college player ever.

Thanks Chaz... I understand... But at this point it is premature. Pittsburgh made Brady look like a doosh... even the best QBs crack under constant pressure...

All he needs a few plays to get 9 guys off his ass and things will work out... he will look and play better.

Its not over till its over. Don't give up yet, remember that its only been 2 games. Hes not playing under normal circumstances.. he is getting a full blitz every down. They will figure out how to break it and then we can see what he can do.

Its not over yet.

Bullgator
11-01-2011, 02:21 AM

Hold on there spanky... hes not failed yet.

sneakers
11-01-2011, 02:45 AM

GEM I think you are being waaaay too HIV negative about this whole situation. You need to relax a tad.

DenBronx
11-01-2011, 03:13 AM
One things for sure.

If Tebow beats Oakland the favor will swing fully over to him. I don't care how bad he sucked last Sunday, if he beats Oakland then ride the tide with him till the seasons over. That's how I see it. Give the kid the whole year if he cant beat Oakland.

Then everyone will once again jump on his banwagon and he will be crowned king in Denver again. And we will see thousands and thousands more of TT threads here. :laugh:

DenBronx
11-01-2011, 03:18 AM

Glazer quoted Fox saying, "Our new offense is going to change the game or set it back 15 years"

Well so far it's setting it back 15 years by the looks of things.

TXBRONC
11-01-2011, 08:40 AM
okay, is it time to panic yet?

Maybe later.

BroncoStud
11-01-2011, 08:43 AM
Glazer quoted Fox saying, "Our new offense is going to change the game or set it back 15 years"

Well so far it's setting it back 15 years by the looks of things.

I was thinking it set the game back to about 1960. McCoy sucks ass.

claymore
11-01-2011, 08:51 AM
One things for sure.

If Tebow beats Oakland the favor will swing fully over to him. I don't care how bad he sucked last Sunday, if he beats Oakland then ride the tide with him till the seasons over. That's how I see it. Give the kid the whole year if he cant beat Oakland.

Then everyone will once again jump on his banwagon and he will be crowned king in Denver again. And we will see thousands and thousands more of TT threads here. :laugh:

On the flip side... If he gets blown out 45-10 we may never see the kid again! I do want him to play the rest of the year so that there is no room for discussion when drafting a new QB.

vandammage13
11-01-2011, 08:52 AM
Thanks Chaz... I understand... But at this point it is premature. Pittsburgh made Brady look like a doosh... even the best QBs crack under constant pressure...

All he needs a few plays to get 9 guys off his ass and things will work out... he will look and play better.

Its not over till its over. Don't give up yet, remember that its only been 2 games. Hes not playing under normal circumstances.. he is getting a full blitz every down. They will figure out how to break it and then we can see what he can do.
Its not over yet.

Good points...Brady is used to finishing a game with a clean jersey playing behind his OL in NE...See what happens when you actually get pressure on him. If Brady were playing behind our OL he wouldn't look as bad as Tim has, but I guarantee he wouldn't look like the Brady we are used to seeing.

It is on the coaching staff to come up with a scheme and solution to counter the 8-9 man fronts and constant blitzing pressure...And it is up to Tebow to execute it.

I am optimistic that we will see some improvements this week as some adjustments will be made. Call me crazy, but I believe we will win this week and TT will surprise some people.

BigDaddyBronco
11-01-2011, 09:03 AM
Good points...Brady is used to finishing a game with a clean jersey playing behind his OL in NE...See what happens when you actually get pressure on him. If Brady were playing behind our OL he wouldn't look as bad as Tim has, but I guarantee he wouldn't look like the Brady we are used to seeing.

It is on the coaching staff to come up with a scheme and solution to counter the 8-9 man fronts and constant blitzing pressure...And it is up to Tebow to execute it.

I am optimistic that we will see some improvements this week as some adjustments will be made. Call me crazy, but I believe we will win this week and TT will surprise some people.

You know I used to be pissed that our OLine didn't have enough beef to be good in short yardage or in red zone situations. Now I long for that being our problem. Realisitcally, we might only have two guys on the OLine that are worth a shit. I'm not sold on any of the new guys, all have struggled.

BroncoNut
11-01-2011, 09:06 AM
You know I used to be pissed that our OLine didn't have enough beef to be good in short yardage or in red zone situations. Now I long for that being our problem. Realisitcally, we might only have two guys on the OLine that are worth a shit. I'm not sold on any of the new guys, all have struggled.

I notice that your always complaining about a lack of beef on your o-line.

vandammage13
11-01-2011, 09:08 AM

Beadles/Walton-Garbage

Kuper-Average/Mediocre

Franklin-Potentially good run blocker, probably better served as a guard, not an NFL Tackle

Clady-Hate to say it but the anchor of our Oline has quickly went from arguably the best LT in the league to just a good LT.

TXBRONC
11-01-2011, 09:19 AM
Beadles/Walton-Garbage

Kuper-Average/Mediocre

Franklin-Potentially good run blocker, probably better served as a guard, not an NFL Tackle

Clady-Hate to say it but the anchor of our Oline has quickly went from arguably the best LT in the league to just a good LT.

Kuper mediocre? He just shut down the premiere defensive tackle in the game.

Totally disagree about Clady. No offensive tackle not even the very best can keep a good pass rusher out of the quarterback's face for 4 or 5 seconds. Orton was inconsistent about getting rid of the ball quickly because he didn't want to make a mistake and Tebow because he can't read things fast enough.

BroncoNut
11-01-2011, 09:22 AM
am I on everyone's ignore list or something?

vandammage13
11-01-2011, 09:25 AM
Kuper mediocre? He just shut down the premiere defensive tackle in the game.

Totally disagree about Clady. No offensive tackle not even the very best can keep a good pass rusher out of the quarterback's face for 4 or 5 seconds. Orton was inconsistent about getting rid of the ball quickly because he didn't want to make a mistake and Tebow because he can't read things fast enough.

As far as Kuper, mediocre i guess is a bad word to use. I consider mediocre dead on with average...I think more people consider mediocre as below average.

Having cleared that up, Kuper is average IMO...He's a solid player, nothing special, doesn't suck...easily replaced.

Clady, I'll say again is still a good LT, but he is not playing at an elite level anymore IMO...borderline Pro Bowl level, but I don't think you can make a legitmate arugument that he's the top LT in the league like you could 2-3 years ago.

GEM
11-01-2011, 09:26 AM

No nut, they are all just ignoring your trolling today!! :D

BroncoNut
11-01-2011, 09:30 AM
No nut, they are all just ignoring your trolling today!! :D

well, I call bs on that

TXBRONC
11-01-2011, 09:33 AM

I'll get around to ignoring you later. :D

dunk7
11-01-2011, 09:37 AM
On the flip side... If he gets blown out 45-10 we may never see the kid again! I do want him to play the rest of the year so that there is no room for discussion when drafting a new QB.

Agreed...but I have a feeling EFX has seen all that they need to in order to make a decision on whether to draft a QB. Even if he improves on the read and recognition and pocket presence, I think its pretty rare to find a QB that will improve from high school level accuracy to NFL level accuracy.

Npba900
11-01-2011, 09:41 AM
He has 2 more games and if he can't break the 9 man front we will never see him in a Denver uniform. You honestly think the coaching staff is going to just chalk this up to him being not ready, sideline him, and then F--k around for a year or 2?

No, they are going to draft their next QB. They most likely already are anyways, with what ELway is saying.

Hopefully Elway can convince Tebow to make a position change to TE and stay a Bronco. Tebow can still be used as a change of pace inside the 10 yard line in red zone situations.

Simple put, Tebow has the size, perseverance, and competive spirit to make a good-excellent TE in the NFL. Problem is, when will Tebow see the reality.

I'm hoping Tebow thanks Elway for the chance and opportunity to start in the NFL at QB when no other teams would have done so, and agree with Elway that its time for a position change to TE.

Fact is, Tebow would be much more effective after learning the TE position over 2-3 period vs learning how to perform from the pocket as a NFL QB over the next 2-3 years. Hell in 2-3 years as TE, Tebow could be a pro bowler by his 2nd-3rd year.

FlyByU
11-01-2011, 09:42 AM
He has to win games that is what any QB has to do win games. Reason behind benching Orton was because he isn't a winner it sure wasn't stats. So Tebow will have to step up and play and win games. I didn't think they would beat the Lions nor the Packers I knew both teams would blow them out because we cannot compete with teams of that caliber.

Now with that said the next two games we should be able to win or at least stay close. Raiders & Chiefs both games are winnable. Jets, Chargers, Patriots, Bears I don't see this team or Tebow beating. but the rest should be winnable.

Tebow has got to start hitting, winning or we need to get a QB in the next draft and if we do Landry Jones is my first choice because I do not think we can get Luck if not Jones then Kellen Moore.