PDA

View Full Version : Lions defender calls Tebow a 'joke' following decisive victory

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:00 AM
Lions defender calls Tebow a 'joke' following decisive victory

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a4c8c/article/lions-defender-calls-tebow-a-joke-following-decisive-victory?module=HP11_headline_stack

"We were like, 'Come on -- that's your quarterback? Seriously?"

BigDaddyBronco
10-31-2011, 10:02 AM
The truth hurts.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 10:04 AM
man, pretty rough

BORDERLINE
10-31-2011, 10:06 AM
Ouch

Davii
10-31-2011, 10:09 AM
In place of "Tebow" put "Broncos" and the statement is more accurate. This entire team was a joke yesterday.

AlWilsonizKING
10-31-2011, 10:15 AM
Haha I love how the once 0-16 lions have the guts to say anything, to anyone, ever!!! You were the joke of the NFL for 10 years, you're finally good and you're gonna talk smack? Really?

I liked this comment.

PEACE!!!

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:16 AM
In place of "Tebow" put "Broncos" and the statement is more accurate. This entire team was a joke yesterday.

Actually, the Denver Post has a poll asking what is wrong, the majority has said that Tebow should hold a clipboard, be a tight end but is not a pro quarterback. The other largest group on the poll said we lack talent in too many areas, third was offense is too slow, while fourth is that Coach Fox is too conservative and fifth was McCoy was afraid, but the other three were not as close to the first.

The fans are starting to realize, not the Tebowites...but real fans that Tebow is not the answer.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 10:18 AM
Actually, the Denver Post has a poll asking what is wrong, the majority has said that Tebow should hold a clipboard, be a tight end but is not a pro quarterback. The other largest group on the poll said we lack talent in too many areas, third was offense is too slow, while fourth is that Coach Fox is too conservative and fifth was McCoy was afraid, but the other three were not as close to the first.

The fans are starting to realize, not the Tebowites...but real fans that Tebow is not the answer.

I think even the tebowites may be on shaky ground. I think we may have seen the last of Jagoffbysch for example

silkamilkamonico
10-31-2011, 10:18 AM
I like that last quote from Fox, the one that says he is not sure if Tebow will start next week. The only other option is Quinn, IMHO.

For as embarrassing as it is, it would be absolutely worse for the coaching staff to go back to Orton, "to see if he can be there guy to get the job done".

BORDERLINE
10-31-2011, 10:21 AM

I think you might be right

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 10:26 AM
I never said one way or another that Tebow was the answer.

They HAD to find out. Is two games (this year) enough evidence? Not sure, but to pull him at this point would be as big a mistake as not playing him.

red98
10-31-2011, 10:26 AM

Sadly even though all that is probably true the fact is, right now, Tebow as an NFL QB is a joke.

Maybe after 3 years of intense coaching from a Jim Fassel Tebow could be pretty good, maybe.

I just know that next years starting QB is not on the roster right now.

AlWilsonizKING
10-31-2011, 10:27 AM

The funniest thing it that before Orton was pulled, all I would read it Tebow shoud be starting, Let's see what we have, let's let him gain experience, he's much better than Orton.....:rolleyes:

Now I don't see half the threads supporting Tebow that I did before he took over. Why? Now people are seeing that he ISN'T THE ANSWER, now or ever. All the supporters are hiding in the shadows now. :laugh:

PEACE!!!

UnderArmour
10-31-2011, 10:27 AM
Absolutely no class. We got our ass beat but there is zero place for a non-division rival to say this. I hope the Packers score 80 on them. You mock our team with the "Tebow" celebration and now this? **** the Lions. I can't wait for the rematch in 4 years.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 10:29 AM
... he's much better than Orton.....:rolleyes:

I think many of us were saying he can't be much worse than Orton.

That said, he just might be.

BroncoNut
I liked this comment.

PEACE!!!

yeah, i do like that comment. come to think of it, a part of me considered the same thing. who made that comment?

red98

They HAD to find out. Is two games (this year) enough evidence? Not sure, but to pull him at this point would be as big a mistake as not playing him.

I agree we had to find out and while the two starts this year are enough for me I agree the Broncos need to give him at least a couple more weeks.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 10:31 AM
Absolutely no class. We got our ass beat but there is zero place for a non-division rival to say this. I hope the Packers score 80 on them. You mock our team with the "Tebow" celebration and now this? **** the Lions. I can't wait for the rematch in 4 years.

The Tebowing bullshit needed to be mocked, it was ironical at best. As for the comments, UA...are they really undeserved? Tebow is making us even a bigger laughing stock then we already were, at least the dude was honest...more then I could say about some of our fans (especially those newly required from Florida) give a small few like GatorGirl, Catfish and so on.

claymore
10-31-2011, 10:33 AM
I agree we had to find out and while the two starts this year are enough for me I agree the Broncos need to give him at least a couple more weeks.

Tebow needs 4-5 more games before they pull him. Then let quin come in to see if he is worth keeping around as a backup.

UnderArmour
10-31-2011, 10:36 AM
The Tebowing bullshit needed to be mocked, it was ironical at best. As for the comments, UA...are they really undeserved? Tebow is making us even a bigger laughing stock then we already were, at least the dude was honest...more then I could say about some of our fans (especially those newly required from Florida) give a small few like GatorGirl, Catfish and so on.

There is a line that exists between a cheap shot and a criticism. This clown kept his anonymity because he knew he crossed the line of unacceptable sportsmanship. Regardless of if we threw 10 interceptions, success should be handled with class. This definitely is not something Dungy's Colts, Tomlin's Steelers, or other championship organizations would have said or done after a blowout.

camdisco24
10-31-2011, 10:37 AM
Tebow needs 4-5 more games before they pull him. Then let quin come in to see if he is worth keeping around as a backup.

Tebow should remain the starter to either prove himself a starter or earn us a high draft pick. I think either way is win/win. If the play from yesterday continues, we'll be looking at a top 3 QB prospect with our first rounder.

claymore
10-31-2011, 10:39 AM
Tebow should remain the starter to either prove himself a starter or earn us a high draft pick. I think either way is win/win. If the play from yesterday continues, we'll be looking at a top 3 QB prospect with our first rounder.

Agreed. 10 Tebow losses are better than 8 Quin losses.

Traveler
10-31-2011, 10:42 AM
Did anyone happen to see the Detroit HC talking smack to DJ? It was only a brief shot, but you could see whatever he said , DJ didn't like it too much.

Jsteve01
10-31-2011, 10:44 AM
Someone needs to punch Schwartz in the effing mouth. Im about over his shananigans.

Juriga72
10-31-2011, 10:46 AM

What was the problem with the last 2 years then? I mean golly.... we are 1-1 since we switched Qb's. How'd that "Other HOF qb" do his 5 games this year? We HAD to win them all right?

Juriga72
10-31-2011, 10:46 AM
Someone needs to punch Schwartz in the effing mouth. Im about over his shananigans.

Too bad Fox didnt push him in the back yesterday...LMAO

Cugel
10-31-2011, 10:48 AM
"Come on -- that's embarrassing. I mean, it's a joke. We knew all week that if we brought any kind of defensive pressure, he couldn't do anything. In the second half it got boring out there. We were like, 'Come on -- that's your quarterback? Seriously?'"

Said Lions defensive end Cliff Avril: "As long as he felt our pressure, he was going to make crazy decisions." Detroit cornerback Chris Houston, who returned a Tebow pick 100 yards for a touchdown, was similarly unimpressed.

I don't think every team is going to be as good as the Lions defense, so Tebow could look better out there against some of the worse teams.

But, Denver enters a long stretch right now of teams that can beat Tim up. I don't see him lasting the season getting sacked at the rate of 11 times every two games and getting hit on virtually every run.

In fact, I think that 1 or 2 more blowout losses will be enough for Fox to pull the plug on the Tebow experiment.

"Let's just say it didn't work out they way we hoped and we're moving in another direction." -- John Fox, November 15, 2011.

Northman
10-31-2011, 10:49 AM
They are a 100% correct, at least at this moment. I remember someone mentioning in the game thread at how bored the Lions looked in the second half.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 10:50 AM
There is a line that exists between a cheap shot and a criticism. This clown kept his anonymity because he knew he crossed the line of unacceptable sportsmanship. Regardless of if we threw 10 interceptions, success should be handled with class. This definitely is not something Dungy's Colts, Tomlin's Steelers, or other championship organizations would have said or done after a blowout.

Pretty much spoton. When I saw the tebowing mock and the comment, it jsut seemed out of place for professional sports.

Cugel
10-31-2011, 10:51 AM

That's just the Lions. They're the smack-talking champs.

Remember that they were the door-mats of the league for so many years. Teams like the Patriots and Steelers take winning for granted. They can afford to be magnanimous because they win so regularly.

The Lions all feel like they are still establishing themselves as a good team and can't afford to be gracious to anybody as they claw their way up.

Maybe in the NFL jungle a lack of class is part of the growing pains for a loser franchise. I don't have the answer there.

DenBronx
10-31-2011, 10:51 AM
I think even the tebowites may be on shaky ground. I think we may have seen the last of Jagoffbysch for example

screw em...

no loss here.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 10:52 AM
screw em...

no loss here.

ah man, not at all.

BORDERLINE
10-31-2011, 10:52 AM
What was the problem with the last 2 years then? I mean golly.... we are 1-1 since we switched Qb's. How'd that "Other HOF qb" do his 5 games this year? We HAD to win them all right?

that's what i take from it. We are 1-1 this year with Tebow. Good play, Bad play, Ugly Play we are 1-1. If he gets another shot next week and pulls out a win the fighting continues.

Cugel
10-31-2011, 10:53 AM
The one thing is that the Lion player who "Tebowed" Tebow went into the Denver locker-room after the game and told Tebow to hang in there. That he was a good player. He didn't say "good QB." But they're not all classless. Just most of them.

D1g1tal j1m
10-31-2011, 10:55 AM
For being his 5th start of his career he looked like any other rookie not named Marino or Newton. It was rough, but what rookie QB doesn't look bad to start. The long developing pass plays and Franklin's poor pass protection was a recipe for disaster.

Granted, Tebow had some lame duck throws but he was under constant pressure. I think it's a good thing that things went south for him. I hope he learns from this game and really work on getting the ball out quicker. Also, I hope McCoy starts designing a offense that doesn't try to resemble the Oakland Faiders vertical offense that has failed the last 20 years.

Northman

Are you really shocked? Im not. Look what happened to Cutler for getting hurt in the NFCCG. He got HAMMERED by players who werent even in the playoffs. :lol:

Just more fodder that even other NFL players are tired of hearing about Tebow. Especially for a guy who hasnt accomplished anything on the pro level. Its not his fault that he's been blown up like this but it isnt going to stop opposing teams from coming down on him in response to it. The media has and continues to do Tebow no favors whatsoever.

Mike
Meh, Denver Bronco players and coaches deserve to be mocked after that.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 10:57 AM
Are you really shocked? Im not. Look what happened to Cutler for getting hurt in the NFCCG. He got HAMMERED by players who werent even in the playoffs. :lol:

Just more fodder that even other NFL players are tired of hearing about Tebow. Especially for a guy who hasnt accomplished anything on the pro level. Its not his fault that he's been blown up like this but it isnt going to stop opposing teams from coming down on him in response to it. The media has and continues to do Tebow no favors whatsoever.

sad truth really

GEM
10-31-2011, 10:59 AM
The funniest thing it that before Orton was pulled, all I would read it Tebow shoud be starting, Let's see what we have, let's let him gain experience, he's much better than Orton.....:rolleyes:

Now I don't see half the threads supporting Tebow that I did before he took over. Why? Now people are seeing that he ISN'T THE ANSWER, now or ever. All the supporters are hiding in the shadows now. :laugh:

PEACE!!!

Orton was pulled because of horrible play. Tebow is playing horribly. As was just said, the starting QB for the Denver Broncos isn't on this roster. Even if they pull Tebow and play Orton, he isn't magically going to be a better player than before. :shrugs: But at least now we have a clear idea that neither is good enough to be the Broncos QB of the future. Something we didn't have before the benching of Orton.

Nomad
10-31-2011, 11:17 AM

Yeah, I don't see why people are getting so wound up. Let the guy play out his 9 more games and go from there. I don't see any QB on the BRONCOS roster would make that much more of a difference.

I believe it comes down to people thumping their chest saying they were right and others who dislike Tebow because of his fanatics and glad to see his struggles. He's a BRONCO and I am hoping he succeeds because there are so many holes to fill on this team and it would be great to have a solid to great QB......at the moment his success is looking dim.

Chidoze
10-31-2011, 11:17 AM
I understand rooting for the guy, and wanting him to succeed. I want him to succeed.

But anyone who thinks Tim Tebow is a good QB, is just delusional.

Not even close.

This team seriously needs to draft a QB in April, because they are in trouble.

rcsodak
10-31-2011, 11:19 AM
With Orton, y'all said he was "boring to watch".
All I know, is being able to complete passes, 3rd downs at a rate 5x better is at least worth watching.
The past 2 wks have been embarrassing.
Until TT can complete passes to NFL "open" wr's, he'll never be more than BVP was....a piss poor passing runner.

And there is NO WAY denver gets more than a 6/7 for him, and that's if they're lucky.

And no more RT's with a last name that starts with F(ail) please. Let alone, cross-eyed ones.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 11:19 AM
I understand rooting for the guy, and wanting him to succeed. I want him to succeed.

But anyone who thinks Tim Tebow is a good QB, is just delusional.

Not even close.

This team seriously needs to draft a QB in April, because they are in trouble.

He is not a good qb. good leader, good teamplayer, good athlete. not a good qb.

Nick
10-31-2011, 11:21 AM
Lions defender calls Tebow a 'joke' following decisive victory

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d823a4c8c/article/lions-defender-calls-tebow-a-joke-following-decisive-victory?module=HP11_headline_stack

Sad but true...

Detriot uses a wide nine similar to Philly. They make it so you need to work extra hard if you want to sell a bootleg or run to outside.

To beat this type of defense you need to be able to pass from pocket. Which Tebow has been unaffected on doing so with accuracy issues and vision of the field.

This was the official end of Tebow until he can learn to pass because other teams will run this against us and make him beat them by the pocket.

AlWilsonizKING
10-31-2011, 11:24 AM
Tebow experiment is ‘embarrassing’

It’s hard to imagine that Elway, one of the greatest quarterbacks in football history, saw anything he didn’t expect on Sunday. It was as if, by starting Tebow, he said to the 74,977 fans at Mile High, “You wanted this guy? OK, then … Heeeerrrree’s Timmy!”

While few NFL players seem to have a problem with Tebow on a personal level, I know plenty who are put off by the mythology and the holier-than-thou fan base that lionizes his every accomplishment and perceives negative depictions of his ability through a persecution-complex-tinted prism.

http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/news?slug=ms-silver_morning_rush_tebow_struggles_103111

PEACE!!!

Npba900
10-31-2011, 11:25 AM
I liked this comment.

PEACE!!!

The irony here is our Denver Broncos can also fall upon hard times just as the Lions, Bills, and 49ers have all experienced. Don't say it won't or can't happen here in Denver. In fact Denver has already finished with less than 7 wins twice already between 2009-2010 (6-10 and 4-12). And in 2011 Denver is looking at 2-5 wins if we are lucky! Those are signs that a franchise are in big trouble.

NightTerror218
10-31-2011, 11:26 AM
Lions are a bunch of sh*t talkers and always will be.

Ravage!!!
10-31-2011, 11:27 AM

Lions are a bunch of sh*t talkers and always will be.

The truth hurts.

enough said.

GEM
10-31-2011, 11:29 AM
With Orton, y'all said he was "boring to watch".
All I know, is being able to complete passes, 3rd downs at a rate 5x better is at least worth watching.
The past 2 wks have been embarrassing.
Until TT can complete passes to NFL "open" wr's, he'll never be more than BVP was....a piss poor passing runner.

And there is NO WAY denver gets more than a 6/7 for him, and that's if they're lucky.

And no more RT's with a last name that starts with F(ail) please. Let alone, cross-eyed ones.

The last 2 years have been embarrassing!! Orton sucks. Tebow sucks. Quinn sucks. This team will need to draft a competent QB because right now, we have none.

Franklin is a first year starter. Any other team that had some talent he'd be a backup learning to play in the NFL. He was thrown to the wolves and is playing the best he can while also being thrown to the wolves as the blind side blocker.

Nick
10-31-2011, 11:31 AM
For being his 5th start of his career he looked like any other rookie not named Marino or Newton. It was rough, but what rookie QB doesn't look bad to start. The long developing pass plays and Franklin's poor pass protection was a recipe for disaster.

Granted, Tebow had some lame duck throws but he was under constant pressure. I think it's a good thing that things went south for him. I hope he learns from this game and really work on getting the ball out quicker. Also, I hope McCoy starts designing a offense that doesn't try to resemble the Oakland Faiders vertical offense that has failed the last 20 years.

O-Line's pass protection had nothing to do with this disaster. Lions did bring the heat beacause Tebow does not have a quick release and takes him 10 seconds to look off one reciever.

with his 5th start he has looked worse then any QB I have ever seen play in NFL. He makes Andre Ware look like an all pro.

There is no excuses because the game plan was perfect against there Defense and our wide outs were open through out the game.

Tebow had to many checks sitting there all game if he can just move his head...

The only way I see Tebow making it happen because he is obviously not progressing... Is attach a mechanical neck brace so "MCCoy" can control his head movement and on his arm put one of jugs sports throwing machines.

That will help a little.

Ravage!!!
10-31-2011, 11:35 AM
The last 2 years have been embarrassing!! Orton sucks. Tebow sucks. Quinn sucks. This team will need to draft a competent QB because right now, we have none.

Franklin is a first year starter. Any other team that had some talent he'd be a backup learning to play in the NFL. He was thrown to the wolves and is playing the best he can while also being thrown to the wolves as the blind side blocker.

Orton was bad, and terribly boring to watch. His record is proof in the fact that he's a bad...BAD... NFL QB. Tebow is horrible. Not just for an NFL QB, but Horrendous for a ROOKIED QB.

I have no problem sitting Orton and letting Tebow Fail on the field. Orton is a joke in his own right.

As GEM said, Franklin is the one that has been put in a position to fail. He's a rookie blocking the blindside of a REALLY REALLY bad QB when teams are putting 8 in the box and rushing ALLL OUT because they are not worried about Tebow beating them. OL is not made to block that many. The QB HAS to be able to help them out, and he just can't do it.

GEM
10-31-2011, 11:39 AM
Orton was bad, and terribly boring to watch. His record is proof in the fact that he's a bad...BAD... NFL QB. Tebow is horrible. Not just for an NFL QB, but Horrendous for a ROOKIED QB.

I have no problem sitting Orton and letting Tebow Fail on the field. Orton is a joke in his own right.

As GEM said, Franklin is the one that has been put in a position to fail. He's a rookie blocking the blindside of a REALLY REALLY bad QB when teams are putting 8 in the box and rushing ALLL OUT because they are not worried about Tebow beating them. OL is not made to block that many. The QB HAS to be able to help them out, and he just can't do it.

Yep. My point was really....just because Tebow sucks, that doesn't make me want Orton back any more. I want a QB. A new QB. A QB who isn't on this freaking roster right now. Tearing down Tebow doesn't make Orton any better of a prospect. They both freaking suck.

Juriga72
10-31-2011, 11:39 AM
I so hope we could package Orton AND Tebow to the Bears and get Cutler back...

Mike
10-31-2011, 11:40 AM

At this point I think we have to pay teams to take either player.

Thanks Josh, ya dope.

Ravage!!!

hah...I remember just last year people saying that the Bears wish they didn't make that trade!! :lol:

WIFan
Does anyone remember the 1st possession? I thought hitting Eric Decker in stride was pretty impressive. If he would have been a little more seasoned, his feet would have gotten down, but no biggie, I like Decker.
So my point is, the ability is there. Just a matter of getting the ball off in time. I actually think he is worried about turning the ball over. Look, Romo scored less point against a worse team than Detroit. There aren't as many people saying he can't play at all, like they are Tebow.
Of course after they beat the Raiders, the same conversations will come up on both sides...bad team like Miami.

D1g1tal j1m
10-31-2011, 11:41 AM
O-Line's pass protection had nothing to do with this disaster. Lions did bring the heat beacause Tebow does not have a quick release and takes him 10 seconds to look off one reciever.

with his 5th start he has looked worse then any QB I have ever seen play in NFL. He makes Andre Ware look like an all pro.

There is no excuses because the game plan was perfect against there Defense and our wide outs were open through out the game.

Tebow had to many checks sitting there all game if he can just move his head...

The only way I see Tebow making it happen because he is obviously not progressing... Is attach a mechanical neck brace so "MCCoy" can control his head movement and on his arm put one of jugs sports throwing machines.

That will help a little.

I have seen much worse QB play from plenty of Rookie QB's (which is in essence what Tebow is). Yesterday Tim did make Andre Ware look like an all pro but the pass protection was horrible. Detroit has a solid Dline and our Line did nothing to hold them back. Franklin was abused and had Tebow looking over his shoulder because of it.

The game plan was horrible after the first drive, when Detroit decided to adjust. We ran almost no screen passes or bubble screens other than the TD by Decker that was successful. We were in 3rd and long all day because of the 2 yard runs of Moreno and the pressure on Tebow.

Tebow regressed yesterday, I hope McCoy and Fox learn how the modern NFL offense should be run. The outdated style they drew up yesterday was a waste.

Ravage!!!
10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
See. I told you guys that playing Tebow could lower his trade value. You guys laughed at me when I said that. You'll have to excuse me while I pump my chest on that one a little bit, because I was absolutely right. The "mystery" of Tebow's play was worth MUCH more in trade than he is now.

NightTerror218
10-31-2011, 11:44 AM

I agree.

The team has 3 starting rookies and 6 starting second years. We are a young team that will make a lot of mistakes. But TT has played 2 games this season really hard to evaluate his potential off that and against a great Detroit team who has the 9th best defense in league.

vandammage13
10-31-2011, 11:44 AM
Could be worse...We could have John Beck back there and score 0 points.

Look, our QB was bad yesterday...really bad...but put things in perspective here.

Fans tend to think their team is either the best or the worst...no middle ground. Fact of the matter is the QB situation here stinks, but believe it or not, it could be even worse.

NightTerror218
10-31-2011, 11:45 AM
Does anyone remember the 1st possession? I thought hitting Eric Decker in stride was pretty impressive. If he would have been a little more seasoned, his feet would have gotten down, but no biggie, I like Decker.
So my point is, the ability is there. Just a matter of getting the ball off in time. I actually think he is worried about turning the ball over. Look, Romo scored less point against a worse team than Detroit. There aren't as many people saying he can't play at all, like they are Tebow.
Of course after they beat the Raiders, the same conversations will come up on both sides...bad team like Miami.

He has only 1 int in 2 games, not bad.

Northman
10-31-2011, 11:46 AM
See. I told you guys that playing Tebow could lower his trade value. You guys laughed at me when I said that. You'll have to excuse me while I pump my chest on that one a little bit, because I was absolutely right. The "mystery" of Tebow's play was worth MUCH more in trade than he is now.

Dont know about that. From all the negative takes on him from TC i dont think he had much value to begin with. Guys like Ponder, etc didnt have NEAR the negativity about them in the media as Tebow did. Obviously, with the last two games his value is nil but i dont think he had much to start with.

GEM
10-31-2011, 11:51 AM
I agree.

The team has 3 starting rookies and 6 starting second years. We are a young team that will make a lot of mistakes. But TT has played 2 games this season really hard to evaluate his potential off that and against a great Detroit team who has the 9th best defense in league.

Then base it off both games. Miami is one of the worst teams in the league and we couldn't score anything on them for 57 minutes. What was the excuse then?

NightTerror218
10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
Then base it off both games. Miami is one of the worst teams in the league and we couldn't score anything on them for 57 minutes. What was the excuse then?

I am already looking towards the draft for a new QB unless Tebow can impress me. But i dont think he should be benched yet.

GEM
10-31-2011, 11:53 AM
I am already looking towards the draft for a new QB unless Tebow can impress me. But i dont think he should be benched yet.

I never said bench him. We are married to him....for the moment.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 11:54 AM
Look, I know everyone is bored and dissappointed with the season, but we really suck like REALLY bad. And I think we will for the rest of the season. I literally have fallen asleep watching Denver Games. then Teboner got the nod and I thought, alright,.. at least it will be exciting. Then yesterday. i wake up during the game and don't wonder if we are winning, I only wonder by how much are we losing. We are just a real crappy football team

Nick
10-31-2011, 11:56 AM
I think a lot of people just do not understand a wide nine defense because I keep hearing people mention the same thing... No screens.

With nine up front you need to beat them down the field and run up the gut or you will have a lot of pick sixes.

There must have been 7-8 open HB checks in middle of field 5 yards up and Tebow never saw one of them. This is better play call against this D but broncos did not execute.

Pass protection is not going to get better with a screen and if they were to do this more count about 4-5 more sacks on Tebow.

This is not Madden football...

If you want a short screen outside. You need to push the DB's out. With no threat deep the lions would have got 4 more TD's.

NightTerror218
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM

You are not but many are saying after 2 games.

jhildebrand
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM
I just know that next years starting QB is not on the roster right now.

Agreed! This entire team is a disaster. There was an interesting chart presented during the offseason that GM's use to assess teams. It shows the number of bona fide starters (not just for the team but they would be starters anywhere) and Denver had the worst chart of all. I need to find it. It would be a good post here.

For all those who clamor for Luck, do you really want that kid here playing as a rookie? :confused:

Talk about a very high chance of David Carr'ing a kid. That would be it!

Mike
10-31-2011, 12:05 PM
Agreed! This entire team is a disaster. There was an interesting chart presented during the offseason that GM's use to assess teams. It shows the number of bona fide starters (not just for the team but they would be starters anywhere) and Denver had the worst chart of all. I need to find it. It would be a good post here.

For all those who clamor for Luck, do you really want that kid here playing as a rookie? :confused:
Talk about a very high chance of David Carr'ing a kid. That would be it!

Yes, I do.

rcsodak
The irony here is our Denver Broncos can also fall upon hard times just as the Lions, Bills, and 49ers have all experienced. Don't say it won't or can't happen here in Denver. In fact Denver has already finished with less than 7 wins twice already between 2009-2010 (6-10 and 4-12). And in 2011 Denver is looking at 2-5 wins if we are lucky! Those are signs that a franchise are in big trouble.
Hello LA Geldings.

jhildebrand

Why would anybody want the kid benched? :confused:

I know you haven't said that Gem. This team needs a good hard look at TT and 11 games would be enough. Especially considering we spent 34 looking at Orton. Spending one third of that on TT shouldn't feel so bad. At least the haters will know how we felt for 34 games. :lol:

GEM
10-31-2011, 12:09 PM
Why would anybody want the kid benched? :confused:

I know you haven't said that Gem. This team needs a good hard look at TT and 11 games would be enough. Especially considering we spent 34 looking at Orton. Spending one third of that on TT shouldn't feel so bad. At least the haters will know how we felt for 34 games. :lol:

As I said...Orton sucks, Tebow sucks, Quinn sucks. Let's just hope our draft geniuses have the smarts to draft a good qb and not another bad one.

Can't go back to Orton. No reason to go to Quinn. Stuck with Tebow for the season. We wanted it, we got it. Unfortunately it has proven negative for the Broncos future so far. I don't see it changing, but we married the choice, now we live with the choice.

Nick
10-31-2011, 01:09 PM
As I said...Orton sucks, Tebow sucks, Quinn sucks. Let's just hope our draft geniuses have the smarts to draft a good qb and not another bad one.

Can't go back to Orton. No reason to go to Quinn. Stuck with Tebow for the season. We wanted it, we got it. Unfortunately it has proven negative for the Broncos future so far. I don't see it changing, but we married the choice, now we live with the choice.

Webber for the win. :welcome:

EastCoastBronco
10-31-2011, 01:49 PM
I'd rather watch Tim Tebow lose than watch Orton lose.
At least #15 goes down swinging.
#8 just lays down and dies...

Lancane
10-31-2011, 02:28 PM
I'd rather watch Tim Tebow lose than watch Orton lose.
At least #15 goes down swinging.
#8 just lays down and dies...

Tebow goes down alright, but not swinging...he did well against a bad team in the last couple minutes, most of his stats yesterday came in junk time when Detroit was pretty much in prevent and really didn't care if we scored because we had no chance to get back in it.

dogfish
10-31-2011, 02:30 PM
i wonder what denver players are calling him. . .

:fear:

NightTerror218
10-31-2011, 02:31 PM
Tebow goes down alright, but not swinging...he did well against a bad team in the last couple minutes, most of his stats yesterday came in junk time when Detroit was pretty much in prevent and really didn't care if we scored because we had no chance to get back in it.

Just like Ortons were last couple years.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 02:41 PM

Yeah, I really don't think he speaks highly for one or the other, they're both pretty much junk quarterbacks, we need someone who isn't and looks to be a franchise quarterback.

I'm hoping that more underclassmen declare then expected, so Denver has a couple options instead of just one or two, usually a team can make a more informed choice with numerous options.

GEM
10-31-2011, 02:49 PM

I don't get this line of thinking. Who has said to put Orton back in? Haven't seen it. Just because one sucks and one sucks worse, doesn't mean I want either starting for my team.

That's just accepting mediocrity and asking for more.

Hell, it's better than Orton so it's ok.

No...they both suck and I want neither.

Northman
10-31-2011, 02:57 PM
I don't get this line of thinking. Who has said to put Orton back in? Haven't seen it. Just because one sucks and one sucks worse, doesn't mean I want either starting for my team.

That's just accepting mediocrity and asking for more.

Hell, it's better than Orton so it's ok.

No...they both suck and I want neither.

Yea, that is really quite annoying.

I mean, Orton is out and 99% of the fans wanted him out and now that Tebow is struggling all of a sudden we have Tebow guys telling us we want Orton back in? I want to see a list of names because damn if i havent seen ANYONE say they want Orton back in.

I Eat Staples
10-31-2011, 05:07 PM
I think that pretty much exemplifies how the rest of the league looks at Tebow and the Broncos in general. People don't want to accept the fact that the media attention garnered by a pretty shitty player makes us a complete laughing stock.

No opponent feared our offense with Orton, and they respect us even LESS now. The "it" factor is imaginary people!

I Eat Staples
10-31-2011, 05:09 PM
Yea, that is really quite annoying.

I mean, Orton is out and 99% of the fans wanted him out and now that Tebow is struggling all of a sudden we have Tebow guys telling us we want Orton back in? I want to see a list of names because damn if i havent seen ANYONE say they want Orton back in.

I honestly think this is media speculation. As hard as I have been on Tebow, I don't want Orton back in. You've got a veteran who hit his ceiling and sucks, and you've got a young player who probably sucks even worse, but has that small chance of improving.

We're 2-5 in the first year of a rebuild, you go with the young guy.

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 05:45 PM
A guy from Beruit was visiting the US and he went to Detroit and said "dis place is a shit hole".

MOtorboat
10-31-2011, 06:21 PM
I hate Silver and his anonymous sources, but if the Lion said what Silver said he said, the Lion is right.