PDA

View Full Version : Fox didn't put Tebow in position to win

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 08:45 AM
“He started out pretty efficiently, went down and scored a would-be touchdown that was denied (when officials ruled the play out of bounds), had a field goal, and then basically went into hibernation for about nine series,’’ Fox said. “The game was out of hand.’’

Who went into hibernation? Look, Tebow isn’t good enough now to be a starting quarterback in the NFL. The Broncos aren’t good enough to be a team in the NFL, either. So these are the early steps, the baby steps a quarterback has to take. The coaches need to actually help their baby QB with those steps.

Read the rest here: http://msn.foxsports.com/nfl/story/Tim-Tebow-John-Fox-sabotage-Denver-Broncos-in-loss-to-Detroit-Lions-103011

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 08:47 AM
OK Jagsbusch. Thanks

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 08:52 AM
Just posting an article, dogman.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 08:52 AM
The coaches need to actually help their baby QB with those steps.

So what...Ponder, Dalton and Newton knew how to walk before they learned how to crawl? And basically we got the less intelligent baby and they believe it's the parents fault? Maybe they should realize that he was adopted!

:lol:

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 08:54 AM
Did you guys even read the article? Here's another clip:

When Tebow was in college, I never really thought he’d be much as a pro. He just didn’t have the right style, running out of trouble all the time, and using that goofy throwing motion better-suited for a baseball pitcher than a quarterback.

Hardly a Tebow-nut hanger, here or there.

claymore
10-31-2011, 08:55 AM
Poor Fox. I bet he cant wait to move past Tebow.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 08:57 AM
Just posting an article, dogman.

and in doing so, taking some of Jags' thunder. I'm sure he was looking forward to posting this today dogass.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 09:02 AM

At this point Joe, I really don't care what anyone says on the subject...even if the Pope came and told me that "Tebow is the way to salvation", I'd tell him "that most Broncos fans would sell their souls right now for a real quarterback!"

(not a religious pun either for those who are slighted)

I'm done really Joe, we've heard pundits on either side of the debate, those who support him and seem to do it not out of the ability to play but rather because of his character. At this point I'd take a quarterback that had Ryan Leaf's piss poor attitude as long as he looked like a franchise quarterback on the field.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 09:03 AM
At this point Joe, I really don't care what anyone says on the subject...eve if the Pope came and told me that "Tebow is the way to salvation", I'd tell him "that most Broncos fans would sell their souls right now for a real quarterback!"

(not a religious pun either for those who are slighted)

I'm done really Joe, we've heard pundits on either side of the debate, those who support him and seem to do it not out of the ability to play but rather because of his character. At this point I'd take a quarterback that had Ryan Leaf's piss poor attitude as long as he looked like a franchise quarterback on the field.

I don't know about the Leaf comment, but I agree.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 09:04 AM
I don't know about the Leaf comment, but I agree.

Just making my point, you know how that is.

:beer:

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 09:09 AM

No. I was too preoccupied with thinking about what an idiot you are

Mike
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
Fans these days don't have what it takes to let players develop. The idiocy is simply astonishing. And anybody that thinks the OC is doing much to help Tebow should have thier heads evaluated. Tebow stunk yesterday but that does nothing to change the fact that Denver has a problem in McCoy.

Denver sucks with Tebow and they suck without him. They just suck. We all knew that going in to the seasion. Nothing has changed now that Tebow is playing. At least now at the end of the season we will know where we are at with the QB position.

BroncoJoe
10-31-2011, 09:10 AM
No. I was too preoccupied with thinking about what an idiot you are

Bring your gloves in December, nut. I'm gonna mess you up.

BroncoNut
10-31-2011, 09:15 AM
Bring your gloves in December, nut. I'm gonna mess you up.

that and I don't want my hands to get cold

Lancane
10-31-2011, 09:21 AM
Fans these days don't have what it takes to let players develop. The idiocy is simply astonishing. And anybody that thinks the OC is doing much to help Tebow should have thier heads evaluated. Tebow stunk yesterday but that does nothing to change the fact that Denver has a problem in McCoy.

Denver sucks with Tebow and they suck without him. They just suck. We all knew that going in to the seasion. Nothing has changed now that Tebow is playing. At least now at the end of the season we will know where we are at with the QB position.

Not For Long league, fans don't have to nor should they have to wait for someone to develop in what looks to be a long-time project, we'd rather they used another pick and got someone else who is far less high maintenance. Saves time and frustration, plus the fact you don't have a clue if he'll even develop, so your putting all your eggs into one basket.

And no one claimed that McCoy or Fox is doing Tebow any favors, nor is Tebow doing any favors in return or even helping his cause, there is an equal amount of suckage between the three.

Denver's sucks, but they sucked far less without him and they'd suck far less with a real quarterback...or that's my opinion at least.

Npba900
10-31-2011, 09:23 AM

Here's the reality folks. We can all agree that EFX have the Broncos are in a rebuilding mode. However, when you rebuild you must start at the QB position. Right now Denver has 4 QB's on its roster that are either a long term project (Tebow and Webb) or career backups (Orton and Quinn). This why if EFX have a chance to draft Landry Jones in 2012, they must lift Heaven and Earth to do just that.

Fox would be an absolute fool to hang his coaching career on whether or not Tebow develops well enough to become the Broncos starting franchise QB.

Drafting a QB with our number one pick in 2012 is not an insult to Tebow or giving up on Tebow due to the object rawness and mechanically fundamentally unsoundness Tebow is at this point in his career. Tebow needs to be pushed competitively at the QB position by QB's who can play from the Pocket.

Nothing in Tebow's game thus far say's he deserves 2-4 years to develop into a starting QB nor in 2-4 years would he be a legitimate starting QB in the NFL. However, a Landry Jones vs Tebow battle for the starting job between 2012-2013 should set the record straight for a clear cut long-term starting 10-15 year Franchise QB for the Denver Broncos.

camdisco24
10-31-2011, 09:29 AM

Exactly. That's why I've been complaining about the FO and coaches, not as much the players. There is lots of blame to pass around to the players, but their suckage was expected... The first improvement should come from the coaches and sadly, we haven't really seen much, if any, of an improvement from that standpoint.

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 09:37 AM

Elway's own words, unless you can convert 3rd down play calling can't help you.

Mike
10-31-2011, 09:39 AM
Not For Long league, fans don't have to nor should they have to wait for someone to develop in what looks to be a long-time project, we'd rather they used another pick and got someone else who is far less high maintenance. Saves time and frustration, plus the fact you don't have a clue if he'll even develop, so your putting all your eggs into one basket.

And no one claimed that McCoy or Fox is doing Tebow any favors, nor is Tebow doing any favors in return or even helping his cause, there is an equal amount of suckage between the three.

Denver's sucks, but they sucked far less without him and they'd suck far less with a real quarterback...or that's my opinion at least.

Is 9 more games too long to make a determination? I got no problem with dumping him or seeing if he is open to changing positions if at the end of the season he looks like he did the last 2 weeks.

You have to admit that expecting him to develop in 2 weeks of playing is absurd. You guys act like this wasn't or shouldn't be painful :lol:. Yes, other rooks have been better. They have also been practicing with their starters for months now.

Sucked less, probably. Were they winning? So we are in the same place we were...just a little more painful to watch. But developing players usually causes some pain.

Mike
10-31-2011, 09:42 AM
Elway's own words, unless you can convert 3rd down play calling can't help you.

And unless you are in managable 3rd downs then it isn't easy to convert. Cause and Effect. Play calling can help get you to managable 3rd downs. It is up to the OC to get that to happen...and McCoy just ain't getting it done.

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 09:51 AM
And unless you are in managable 3rd downs then it isn't easy to convert. Cause and Effect. Play calling can help get you to managable 3rd downs. It is up to the OC to get that to happen...and McCoy just ain't getting it done.

You still have execute the plays you're given. Yes the play calling could have been a little better at the same time there is only so much you can do when defenses dare you to go over the top and do don't feel you can because your quarterback is erratic. There isn't coordinator on the planet that's going to look good when players can't execute the plays.

I'm not saying different playing calling couldn't help but there is only so much you can do. You can not change an entire offense on the fly it's impossible.

lgenf
10-31-2011, 09:59 AM
How can we be in a spread offense for the first series and march down the field with ease and get what should have been a TD (either by referee or by Decker getting his damn feet down like any other starting WR would do in the NFL to take any question out of it), then the next series you go into a std offense with backup RBs and have Tebow doing 5 and 7 step drops to try and throw in obvious 3rd and long downs against that front 4 with our line?

That is some retarded logic and coaching, that wasn't the only thing that killed our offense, Tebow had some bad plays, but when the WRs and RBs drop balls that hit them in the hands and you add that to the mix you get that offensive showing we got yesterday

How about that slap down fumble of Tebow returned for a TD, the fng tackle never got a hand on the dlineman NOT EVEN A SINGLE HAND ON HIM!

Put him in the fng spread offense, IT WORKED FAWLESSLY on the first series, make them adjust to it, but god darn it if you just want to keep with the same shit every week just trade the kid to another team that can put a real gameplan together

AlWilsonizKING
10-31-2011, 10:21 AM
At least now at the end of the season we will know where we are at with the QB position.

I think we all know where we are with that......need a new one.

Just glad all the Tebowites got thier wish. These past two games have been the hardest ever to watch.

PEACE!!!

arapaho2
10-31-2011, 11:07 AM
i beleive if you go into this game believing that tebow isnt the answer or at least on the fence...your sure now

however im not saying he's the answer or isnt....if he was great im good...if we got luck im good

however looking at this game in a non biased fashion...there is no way in hell we as an offense or coaching ...were putting tebow and this team in a position to have success

were playing the lions and suh for petes sake...how many times do we need to run 5-7 step drops with a two wr routes before we figure out...shit thats not working

i've seen this two weeks in a row..spend the majority of the game in a traditional offense 2 wr sets and slow developing routes...then when the games over...suddenly start moving the ball with 3 step quick routes

sure both games we played alot of shotgun...and to some that may be the proof that tebow cant improve....but you have to look at the plays called in shotgun...the lions can get huge pressure with just the front 4..you need quick hits, even from shotgun...virtually non existant until the 4th qrt
why didnt we see decker in the short slants or crossing patters early?...or willis
even john lynch kept saying it the whole game....you gotta call plays that get your struggling qb in the game...suh and avril were killing....frankling was a lump of shit the DE merely went around with ease
lynch kept saying wheres the 3 step drops and quick hits...wheres the screens, draws

sure tebows accuracy simply sucks at times...and i dont know if he will ever make it....but lets give him an honest shot instead of what we been doing...which didnt work for orton and surely isnt working for tim
try three step drops, shotgun, qhick slants, outs, bubble screens...get him into the flow of the game before we start working in a traditional 7 step drop

DenBronx
10-31-2011, 11:16 AM
Poor Fox. I bet he cant wait to move past Tebow.

If this continues I don't know how they don't.

Really I just want everything about McDaniels to just go away and this team start fresh.

Even Demaryius Thomas.

This team sux!!!!

Ravage!!!
10-31-2011, 11:22 AM
I don't have a problem with giving Tebow the rest of the season, but I honestly can say right now.....without seeing another game.... that Tebow could never develop enough to change my mind by the end of this season.

I'm not looking at wins, I'm not looking and pretending I'm a better "OC" than the guy that studied film along with attending our practices (nor am I saying he's doing a good job)...because I'm PURELY looking at Tebow's play.

His play,Tebow's play by itself, is bad. Sooooo bad, that its absolutely limiting the offense. His play is soooo bad, its limiting even McCoy......who isn't the best OC in the world. But the bad part is......McCoy is being judged on an offense that is led by a QB that can't hit an open target.

Also, WHEN we draft a QB in 2012.... we WILL trade Tebow. There is NO WAY the coaching staff will want the nightmare/headache of dealing with the Tebow politics.

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 11:26 AM
If this continues I don't know how they don't.

Really I just want everything about McDaniels to just go away and this team start fresh.

Even Demaryius Thomas.

This team sux!!!!

I thought DT played like a chump yesterday. Piss poor effort.

I think the only McDickface draft pick I'd keep at this point is Ayers. The rest are garbage.

Mike
10-31-2011, 11:30 AM
I don't have a problem with giving Tebow the rest of the season, but I honestly can say right now.....without seeing another game.... that Tebow could never develop enough to change my mind by the end of this season.

I'm not looking at wins, I'm not looking and pretending I'm a better "OC" than the guy that studied film along with attending our practices (nor am I saying he's doing a good job)...because I'm PURELY looking at Tebow's play.

His play,Tebow's play by itself, is bad. Sooooo bad, that its absolutely limiting the offense. His play is soooo bad, its limiting even McCoy......who isn't the best OC in the world. But the bad part is......McCoy is being judged on an offense that is led by a QB that can't hit an open target.

Also, WHEN we draft a QB in 2012.... we WILL trade Tebow. There is NO WAY the coaching staff will want the nightmare/headache of dealing with the Tebow politics.

I got no qualms about moving on from Tebow. The headache of dealing with the dynamics he brings is enough to be ready to move on.

I am skeptical that he will be the QB that I think we need, moreso after the last two weeks. But Denver needs to do its due diligence to make sure that he won't become the guy though. It will be painful, but it's not like Denver was going anywhere with any of the other QBs. At best, as has been mentioned, Tebows failure (if/when it is borne out) allows for the fanbase to unite around a future QBOTF when drafted.

On the plus side for Tebow detractors, if Denver doesn't figure a way to give him more protection I don't see him lasting 9 more games taking as many sacks and hits as he has been.

rcsodak
10-31-2011, 11:40 AM
A 1st yr DC that sux. An OC that sux. A starting QB that sux. A RT that sux. A Dline that WOULD have been better with Darius, vs ANOTHER 1 trick pony player.

Do they get another win? I have my doubts.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Jsteve01
10-31-2011, 11:56 AM
A 1st yr DC that sux. An OC that sux. A starting QB that sux. A RT that sux. A Dline that WOULD have been better with Darius, vs ANOTHER 1 trick pony player.

Do they get another win? I have my doubts.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

You forgot Joe Mays

The Glue Factory
10-31-2011, 01:15 PM
I don't have a problem with giving Tebow the rest of the season, but I honestly can say right now.....without seeing another game.... that Tebow could never develop enough to change my mind by the end of this season... because I'm PURELY looking at Tebow's play.

I'm a little torn on this. Tebow, right now, is most definitely not an NFL QB. But I think HC/OC aren't helping him either. I think what Tebow is going through is trying to ride a bike without the benefit of training wheels. He's being fed too much and he's taking time on the field to think and react. Fox/McCoy have got to do a better job giving him plays that he can handle.

I've seen numerous plays that other QBs would have had a huge pass but Tebow's been sacked, because Tebow didn't find the wide open receiver. If the coaches would scale back the playbook a little I think Tebow would start to blossom.

Elway went through something similar his rookie season, so I'm leary about tossing Tebow too soon as I think he could be something special in the NFL if given people that will mentor/teach him in smaller bites than he's getting now. However, by the end of this year (unless things change) he may not be able to play in the NFL anywhere!

As it stands, Denver is actually in a really good place. We either see Tebow begin the journey of what his potential shows he can be or we're in the running for a good QB. Either way the Broncos end up better off on 1/2/12 than we started on 9/12/11.

Nick
10-31-2011, 01:36 PM
So what...Ponder, Dalton and Newton knew how to walk before they learned how to crawl? And basically we got the less intelligent baby and they believe it's the parents fault? Maybe they should realize that he was adopted!

:lol:

Maybe a little off topic but what I like in Ponder and Dalton is they are will to stick in the pocket and give them that extra .5 second to make something happen. Gabbert doesn't not have that, not saying you said he did... Just saw ponder and Dalton and thought of this...