PDA

View Full Version : The Tim Tebow Excuses Thread. Throw it against the wall and see what sticks.

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 09:19 PM
Okay I will go first.

Tebows passes were closer to his receivers this week. :lol:

Are people watching the same games I am?

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 09:20 PM
McCoy is making bad play selections!!

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 09:20 PM
We should have worn blue today. The Orange glared in his eyes.

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
I'm trying to think an excuse but just cant. He was terrible, absolutely terrible.

Our defense was just as terrible though and that's the only honest excuse I could come up with.

Timmy!
10-30-2011, 09:22 PM
its all the olines fault

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Timmy!
10-30-2011, 09:25 PM
I bet Orton is loving this.

"while virgin boy is out there looking like a complete fool, im getting paid 9mil chill on the bench, drink jack & cokes and bang skanks. thanks denver, boosh!!

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 09:26 PM
we should stop handcuffing TT and just let Tebow be Tebow!

jhildebrand
10-30-2011, 09:27 PM
As if we didn't endure 2 years of excuses for Orton :coffee:

I would much rather see this kid play, no matter how horrible, than a quitter like Orton. Did he look bad...no terrible? Of course he did. This is also his 2nd start this season and 5th overall.

I would rather watch 10 more weeks of this, and see if ANYTHING can be gained from the king's ransom in the kid, then even consider the possibilty of Orton under center again.

If you want we could all start busting out the "new regime, new FO, new players, new system" bull crap that was incessantly thrown in people's face for Orton's failures.

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 09:29 PM

I would much rather see this kid play, no matter how horrible, than a quitter like Orton. Did he look bad...no terrible? Of course he did. This is also his 2nd start this season and 5th overall.

I would rather watch 10 more weeks of this, and see if ANYTHING can be gained from the king's ransom in the kid, then even consider the possibilty of Orton under center again.

If you want we could all start busting out the "new regime, new FO, new players, new system" bull crap that was incessantly thrown in people's face for Orton's failures.

I never made excuses for Orton either. They both suck IMO

jhildebrand
10-30-2011, 09:31 PM
I never made excuses for Orton either. They both suck IMO

That's fine. But many others did!

The reality is there are some people, as Tned pointed out, so entrenched in their dislike of TT that they only pipe up when he fails and are few and far between when he succeeds. They NEED TT to fail because they closed their mind day one.

I think it is sophmoric to throw a 5 game starter under the bus for a performance like this. I think it shows a lack of sophistication.

sneakers
10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Too tired from breastfeeding orphaned kittens back to health before the game?

Northman
10-30-2011, 09:33 PM
Not me, i want TT to succeed but he's giving me every reason why he may not.

Nick
10-30-2011, 09:34 PM
You already got the, have him air it out and not to hold him back, mccoy, and oline.

I will go with...

He is very accurate and did not make many mistakes... Just the wide receivers could not get open.

Medford Bronco

The reality is there are some people, as Tned pointed out, so entrenched in their dislike of TT that they only pipe up when he fails and are few and far between when he succeeds. They NEED TT to fail because they closed their mind day one.

I think it is sophmoric to throw a 5 game starter under the bus for a performance like this. I think it shows a lack of sophistication.

I just think he is not an NFL QB and have never really been impressed. He has had a couple of good moments but overall is very mediocre.

I hate seeing my favorite team of 30 year look like cow dung and am very frustrated that is all.

Ravage!!!
The lack of sophistication is to simply ignore the play and blow it off because you don't want to hear "criticism" of an absolutely HORRENDOUS performance. NO PLAYER in the NFL, from ANY team, would go unscaved after THAT kind of showing. Its worse than terrible.

Back to the topic:

1) Wrong color of orange on teh jersey's...it confused Tim.

2) The field isn't wide enough

Timmy!
10-30-2011, 09:35 PM

there is also a large number of us who have nothing at all against tebow other than the fact that he kinda sucks at this thing called the forward pass.

Timmy!
10-30-2011, 09:38 PM
back on topic....

the ball spins differently since tebow is a lefty and the wr`s arent comfortable with that yet.

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 09:46 PM
I bet Jags in on another sucky teams forums banging the table to trade for T2 because the Broncos didnt use him the right way or set him up to fail. :laugh:

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 09:49 PM
The OL doesn't want to block for him because they "liked" Orton better.

NameUsedBefore
10-30-2011, 09:49 PM
Fifth start taking the field as the team's leading rusher with McGahee out.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 09:50 PM
Fifth start taking the field as the team's leading rusher with McGahee out.

Just what you want from your quarterback! :shocked:

NameUsedBefore
10-30-2011, 09:57 PM
Just what you want from your team! :shocked:

Fixed that for you.

Krugan
10-30-2011, 10:00 PM
Dalton had a better game, thats not really an excuse though, but it should be damn it.

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 10:01 PM
Dalton had a better game, thats not really an excuse though, but it should be damn it.

Dalton is 5-2. We will be lucky to win 5 games:tsk:

Thnikkaman
10-30-2011, 10:01 PM
The lock out hurt his development

Krugan
10-30-2011, 10:03 PM

damn gingers.... :D

NameUsedBefore
10-30-2011, 10:06 PM

12-25 is the combined record of the teams Cincy has beaten.

I do think Dalton is a good player though and considered him to be the best QB of the last draft. Cincy got a steal and since Oakland burned down three orphanages to trade for a player who A) Wasn't going to play anyway and B) Hasn't done anything for years now, they are set for the future.

Nomad
10-30-2011, 10:07 PM
Receivers need to get to Yao-Ming's size and stick em needs to make a comeback!:D

sneakers
10-30-2011, 10:13 PM
He is actually right handed.

Krugan
10-30-2011, 10:17 PM

Haha, reminds me of Princess Bride.

If he played right handed, the record books would just crumble.

(im not really rooting against the kid, and truly hope he turns it around for the good of this poor poor team)

Medford Bronco

So thats why he cant throw a spiral :lol:

Agent of Orange
A lot needs to improve but it's kind of stupid to make a thread after any QB's 5th start. I was hoping Tebow would have been more advanced by now but I'm just glad they're letting him play and I think they should let him play out the season. If he's really bad, they'll get a higher pick. If he improves, hopefully, the team will win more games.

There's really nothing to lose by letting him play. I'm not sure what the point is of this thread.

I can live with Tebow if he improves or I could live with Luck or Landry Jones in the draft depending on how Tebow does.

I think it was Brian Griese's fifth start when Davis shattered his knee making a tackle on a Griese INT. Denver was 6-10 that year but also had a lot of pieces from a back to back SB team. I don't remember this much panic over Griese in 99. The next year he went to the pro bowl.

I'm not saying Tebow will make the pro bowl next year like Griese did. He may end up being terrible but him playing right now, good or bad, is the best thing happening at the moment, which also makes threads like these kind of pointless.

Medford Bronco
12-25 is the combined record of the teams Cincy has beaten.

I do think Dalton is a good player though and considered him to be the best QB of the last draft. Cincy got a steal and since Oakland burned down three orphanages to trade for a player who A) Wasn't going to play anyway and B) Hasn't done anything for years now, they are set for the future.

and we beat Cincy, go figure.

3Amigos
10-30-2011, 10:45 PM
He's not used to NFC teams. Give him some time.

weazel
10-30-2011, 11:13 PM
LMAO... CFL players are tweeting tonight about welcoming Tebow to the league next season!

sneakers
10-30-2011, 11:17 PM
LMAO... CFL players are tweeting tonight about welcoming Tebow to the league next season!

They are making fun of themselves for their failed NFL careers?

chazoe60
10-30-2011, 11:24 PM
Tebow sucks but he's won as many games for us in two tries as that loser piece of shit Orton has in 5.

Choke on that excuse Canada.

chazoe60
10-30-2011, 11:27 PM
Oh BTW Orton apologists

As bad as this home loss was it pales in comparison to the debacle that that loser piece of shit you continually make excuses for led us to against our arch rivals last year.

But I wouldn't expect you to understand that.

weazel
10-30-2011, 11:36 PM

or just poking fun at a college rival...

weazel
10-30-2011, 11:38 PM
Tebow sucks but he's won as many games for us in two tries as that loser piece of shit Orton has in 5.

what does that have to do with Canada? I think its funny how tebow fans take it personally when someone points out how bad he is.

Northman
10-30-2011, 11:40 PM

Dont know about that, maybe just saying he would have a great career there instead of the pros.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2011, 11:58 PM
"This is all John Elway's fault."

- I don't want to name any names, but his initials are jagsbch

3Amigos
10-31-2011, 12:07 AM

Ooooh yeah he had to go to OT to beat the worst team in football. He is a god!!

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 12:11 AM
Ooooh yeah he had to go to OT to beat the worst team in football. He is a god!!

Did I say that? Please read.

Flex040679
10-31-2011, 12:14 AM
McCoy is making bad play selections!!

The plays were better... lots of wr drops... Decker ruined a beautiful td pass... the o-line was HORRIFIC... Orlando Franklin could be replaced by a crash test dummy!! And the offense being bad put pressure on the defense until they finally BROKE an that's the deets

3Amigos
10-31-2011, 12:20 AM
Did I say that? Please read.

You should try reading. Tebow's stats. Among the worst in the NFL for this past 2 weeks.

All the Tebow homers seem to not remember how bad Tebow played against the Dolphins. Just because the Dolphins folded in the last few minutes the T-blowers think it was a flawless game, a second coming of Elway.

horsepig
10-31-2011, 12:22 AM

I happen to know several Canucks, every one of them says "oot and aboot".Thay are IMHO a really great bunch though. Here's to Canucks!:2thumbs:

chazoe60
10-31-2011, 12:23 AM
You should try reading. Tebow's stats. Among the worst in the NFL for this past 2 weeks.

All the Tebow homers seem to not remember how bad Tebow played against the Dolphins. Just because the Dolphins folded in the last few minutes the T-blowers think it was a flawless game, a second coming of Elway.

Read my posts and call me a Tebow homer again numbnuts.

sneakers
10-31-2011, 01:07 AM
It was not played in the state of Florida.

Dreadnought
10-31-2011, 05:45 AM
Its Josh McDaniels fault. Duh. He left us with Orton. He flushed most of the talent on a pretty talented roster. He left us with a stiff at RB to face a team that is very weak against the run after our servicable RB was hurt. He made the decision that Tebow was going to be his guy and moved into the first round to draft him. If Tebow in fact turns out to be terrible (check back in January for the answer to that question) then that is McDaniels fault too.

It is all Josh McDaniels fault. Everything is. Everything else is window dressing.

claymore
10-31-2011, 06:34 AM
Tebow didnt think it was in the best intrest of the team to win yesterday.

Npba900
10-31-2011, 06:47 AM

Watching Tebow play for the remainder of the season will be like getting "Water Boarded" every Sunday.

Npba900
10-31-2011, 06:57 AM
Its Josh McDaniels fault. Duh. He left us with Orton. He flushed most of the talent on a pretty talented roster. He left us with a stiff at RB to face a team that is very weak against the run after our servicable RB was hurt. He made the decision that Tebow was going to be his guy and moved into the first round to draft him. If Tebow in fact turns out to be terrible (check back in January for the answer to that question) then that is McDaniels fault too.

It is all Josh McDaniels fault. Everything is. Everything else is window dressing.

Meh! Its all Pat Bowlen's fault! After all it was Pat who hired the 32 year old OC who was not ready for prime time! Pat could have gone with a proven veteran HC but he did not.

Meanwhile, Bowlen sat idly by and allowed Cutler to be traded. The results were we get Orton in return and later on we get Tebow....thus ushering in the QB controversey mess we fans are experiencing right now.

If Bronco Fans were honest they would admit they Shanahan was fired 3 years too early!! Shanny would have at least guaranteed 8-11 wins every season. Now the Broncos are in danger of averaging 2-6 wins per season.

Bowlen is undoubtedly one of the worse owners in the league right now.

Juriga72
10-31-2011, 07:24 AM
I have to blame Scheff for yesterdays blowout... IF he sucked lke he did to get traded.... he never makes that awesome catch setting up yet another TD...

Oh...and Tebow needs to learn to throw pick sixes. THAT always helps pad the stats a bit Man... Here I am thinking we're up 3-0 against one of the better teams in the NFL... it s all good

Juriga72
10-31-2011, 07:37 AM
I happen to know several Canucks, every one of them says "oot and aboot".Thay are IMHO a really great bunch though. Here's to Canucks!:2thumbs:

do they happen to love Roberto Luongo too?

Dreadnought
10-31-2011, 07:55 AM
I have to blame Scheff for yesterdays blowout... IF he sucked lke he did to get traded.... he never makes that awesome catch setting up yet another TD...

Oh...and Tebow needs to learn to throw pick sixes. THAT always helps pad the stats a bit Man... Here I am thinking we're up 3-0 against one of the better teams in the NFL... it s all good

Well, Scheffler only sucked and had a "bad attitude" in McDaniel's fevered and delusional imagination, so this too is McDaniel's fault. See how easy that is? Its like a Unified Field Theory.

vettesplus
10-31-2011, 09:17 AM
give tt a pee wee football, then he can throw a nice spiral!!!! Hell, my 7 year old throws a much tighter spiral than tt

Nick
10-31-2011, 11:38 AM
It is just his 5th game. :coffee:

He won't regress for ever :lol:

Juriga72
10-31-2011, 11:42 AM
It is just his 5th game. :coffee:

He won't regress for ever :lol:

His ribs were sore...:)

Npba900
10-31-2011, 12:03 PM

Touche' and "Here--Here". Canadians-Canucks are great people and friendly as hell, if you ever had the pleasure of knowing and socializing with Canadians you will definately have friend(s) for life. I had the pleasure of working along side the Canadian Air Force while assigned to NORAD, Cheyenne Mountain, AFB, in Colorado Springs back in the 90's and we all had a great time socializing and working together both on and off duty.

Having Canuck Bronco fans is just icing on the cake.:D

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 12:08 PM
Tebow didnt think it was in the best intrest of the team to win yesterday.

Clay that's not fair. Tebow doesn't want to lose games.

Nick
10-31-2011, 01:12 PM
After he learns to play QB he will be good. :lol:

TXBRONC
10-31-2011, 01:14 PM

That was brilliant. :lol:

weazel
10-31-2011, 05:46 PM
the other team was tebowing before the game and Timmy's god got confused and gave Detroit the win. its tebow's gods fault, I blame religion... it is the root cause of all wars

http://extras.mnginteractive.com/live/media/site36/2011/1030/20111030__broncos-lions-stephen-tulloch-tebowing~p1_300.jpg

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 07:17 PM

Josh ruined this team period. He left such a big hole that it will take years to get out of it.

Lancane
10-31-2011, 08:12 PM

Who? Gabbert, Locker, Dalton, McCoy, Ponder, Clausen, Bradford or Newton?

Because I can't think of another quarterback off the top of my head...

:D

Dzone
10-31-2011, 08:43 PM
Mike Klis on 102.3 saying that Detroit players after the game were totally badmouthing Tebow. Saying he is an embarrassment to the league, how could they possibly throw a guy like that at us, etc etc...Klis discussing possibly the locker room getting divided over this whole Tebow issue. They not only lost yesterday, they got humiliated.

MOtorboat
10-31-2011, 08:49 PM
I wondered what the locker room climate would be. Lends some creedence to the reports coming out of camp that they'd lose the locker room if they started Tebow.

Juriga72
10-31-2011, 09:13 PM
I wondered what the locker room climate would be. Lends some creedence to the reports coming out of camp that they'd lose the locker room if they started Tebow.

We have a very veteran team... Playing Tebow is waving that big white flag for the year.

Of course... losing will ALWAYS divide a locker room too

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 09:15 PM
We have a very veteran team... Playing Tebow is waving that big white flag for the year.

yeah lets hang Champ Bailey and Brian Dawkins out to dry at the end of their careers. They can be so proud of a 2-14 or 3-13 season so we get a better pick. :tsk:

Buff
10-31-2011, 09:18 PM
May as well just merge all of the open Tebow threads into this one.

Medford Bronco
10-31-2011, 09:21 PM
May as well just merge all of the open Tebow threads into this one.

Hey I did something right. Thanks Buff :salute::beer::laugh:

jlarsiii
11-01-2011, 10:50 AM
Tebow got confused by all the orange jerseys in the stands, thought those were his receivers, and tried to throw the ball to them accordingly.

Or, saw the white and blue jerseys much easier and thought throwing the ball to them was the easier thing to do.

Or, got confused by all the 15 jerseys in the stands, thought he was having an existential experience of watching himself play, and felt like he would come back to reality by doing some tebowing just in time to start the game against Detroit so the debacle happening on the field would only be a "dream" or "vision".

T.K.O.
11-01-2011, 11:46 AM
Stafford is quietly having a brilliant year,19 TD's 4 Int's....Rodgers 20 TD's 3 Int's....that Kid is pretty freakin' awesome.
Tebow played like a steming pile of cow dung...but there is not a QB on our roster that had a prayer (no pun intended) of winning that game.:laugh:

Agent of Orange
11-02-2011, 08:04 AM
Josh ruined this team period. He left such a big hole that it will take years to get out of it.

Well, Bowlen and Joe Ellis are still with the team.

Lancane
11-02-2011, 08:14 AM
Well, Bowlen and Joe Ellis are still with the team.

That makes absolutely no sense, Bowlen is the majority stock holder, he's not with the team, he owns the damn thing. Ellis on the other hand I agree with...must be nice to have a nice cushiony job due to who your friends are.

claymore
11-02-2011, 08:20 AM
That makes absolutely no sense, Bowlen is the majority stock holder, he's not with the team, he owns the damn thing. Ellis on the other hand I agree with...must be nice to have a nice cushiony job due to who your friends are.

I think (Hope) Elway will clean house after this year. Normally leaders/CDR's come in and quietly assess whats wrong within the organization/unit/office etc... Then they formulate a plan and execute it.

This year is obviously a wash, but we should see major changes to the leadership in the offseason.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2011, 08:20 AM
As much as we want Ellis gone, Elway effectively took him out of the equation. Ellis runs the business side, Elway has full control over the football operations.

Npba900
11-02-2011, 08:41 AM

The irony here is had Fox just left Orton in as starter and not given Tebow a chance many pundits would have said Denver has packed it in for the year.

Now if Fox leaves Tebow in as the starter for the remaining 9 games people will say Denver has packed it away for the season.

Dam If You Do and Dam If You Don't.

NameUsedBefore
11-03-2011, 01:56 AM
The irony here is had Fox just left Orton in as starter and not given Tebow a chance many pundits would have said Denver has packed it in for the year.

Now if Fox leaves Tebow in as the starter for the remaining 9 games people will say Denver has packed it away for the season.

Dam If You Do and Dam If You Don't.

Slight possibility that Denver is a shitty team.

sneakers
11-03-2011, 05:18 PM
Sunday is the Sabbath day. A man should not work on this day.

chazoe60
11-03-2011, 05:55 PM
Sunday is the Sabbath day. A man should not work on this day.

Black Sabbath day?

And if what you say is true can we make every day "Sabbath Day"? I hate work

T.K.O.
11-03-2011, 05:59 PM
Black Sabbath day?

Yes....since nobody really knows which day of the week the "sabbath"really falls on ,i would say the proper thing to do is to observe it everyday.then you will be doing the right thing at least once a week:salute:

Locnar
11-03-2011, 06:29 PM
Black Sabbath day?

http://images.cheezburger.com/completestore/2011/1/18/6eaa522e-c3fa-496d-9589-5dc7d5f6b1a0.jpg

BCJ
11-04-2011, 03:11 PM
It is the altitude and those throws that missed completely were so the other team couldnt get to them either.

Tebow also heard that Colquitt's Mom and Dad were at the game and wanted to give him every opportunity to perform in front of his parents.

catfish
11-05-2011, 09:16 AM
He doesnt have the talent around him on offense he had at Florida?

Thnikkaman
11-07-2011, 10:07 AM
He didn't need to throw against Oakland since the Raiders would let a Running back with two broken legs run for 150 yards against them.