PDA

View Full Version : The Lions are what we can be...

camdisco24
10-30-2011, 06:20 PM
...with a competent coaching staff and a FO that can actually evaluate talent.

NFL teams can recover quickly, but do we really have a chance to improve with all these stooges running the show?

I'm sorry, but this proud franchise is being run into the ground by bunch of losers.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2011, 06:24 PM
Not to mention consecutive years of top 5 drafting. I say this Lions team is what Denver will look like in year 2023.

hotcarl
10-30-2011, 06:25 PM
This org is a joke. We will be wearing bags on our heads soon. Tim tebow is rock bottom, but we haven't hit yet. **** this shit. FITZY!!!! Bills baby!!

camdisco24
10-30-2011, 06:27 PM
I don't expect a turn around in record time, but look at our last few drafts. Much more busting than shining.

Personnel moves... wow...

Coaching choices? DOUBLE WOW.

the list goes on....

Ziggy
10-30-2011, 06:30 PM
Troll patrol is out.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-30-2011, 06:31 PM
The Lions were down for many years = top draft choices. After so many of them, you had better turn it around.

camdisco24
10-30-2011, 06:34 PM
The Lions were down for many years = top draft choices. After so many of them, you had better turn it around.

I'm not saying that I want to go down the same path they did, I'm just saying. Look at what a few good draft choices can do for a team. Look at how a solid coaching staff can put together a good game plan....

I miss the days when I could at least count on a good game plan... at the very least.

G_Money
10-30-2011, 06:41 PM
We'd have to draft defensive linemen to be the Lions.

That's not gonna happen.

~G

G_Money
10-30-2011, 06:51 PM
I do agree that having coordinators who can coach up good talent helps out a lot.

We don't have enough good talent and I'm still not liking our offensive coaching. Studesville isn't impressing me either, it's not just McCoy, and our TE coach this year was our OL coach last year :tsk: and I expected our TE attack to be better too.

I'm not sold on Xanders either by ANY means. We drafted 2 safeties and neither is good enough to start. We drafted two TE projects and they can't play either in their first year. We drafted a MLB who was massively unprepared to play MLB in this league. The guy they absolutely got right was Von Miller, but he was the #2 pick in the draft. He SHOULD have been the right pick.

If we're drafting more safeties or TEs in the next couple of years it's gonna hurt BAD. We ALREADY re-drafted McDaniel's positions of TE and safety. Can't do it again.

We COULD be the Lions, but I say that only because we'll be drafting high again next year and we'll have the options to add very excellent players. We've GOT to add them.

~G

BroncoStud
10-30-2011, 07:03 PM
We don't have the coaching the Lions do. I don't care who the QB is, we are going nowhere with Mike McCoy running this offense, and John Fox isn't overly impressive on defense. How many times were we fooled on 3rd down ad the safeties were 25 yards off the line of scrimmage?

I just don't like the direction of this team. This is only a very SLIGHT improvement over the last coaching staff.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 07:06 PM
Rick Dennison is still available and waiting for our call!

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 07:07 PM
The Lions didn't have coaching either. A QB makes a LOT OF COACHES look good. Belicheck had a TERRIBLE coaching record before Brady. Cowher never won teh SB without Rothlesburger. The Colts were crap bfore Manning.

How many coaches did the Lions go through bfore finding Stafford and Calvin? Makes things a LOT easier. Look how good the coaching staff in Indy is looking right now.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 07:10 PM
The Lions didn't have coaching either. A QB makes a LOT OF COACHES look good. Belicheck had a TERRIBLE coaching record before Brady. Cowher never won teh SB without Rothlesburger. The Colts were crap bfore Manning.

How many coaches did the Lions go through bfore finding Stafford and Calvin? Makes things a LOT easier. Look how good the coaching staff in Indy is looking right now.

Point well made...

I'm starting to think there was more to that trade for Clausen rumor then people believed.

I'm hoping and praying that we draft either Jones or Barkley, either or...maybe even signing Vincent Jackson and Ben Grubb.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 07:14 PM
Point well made...

I'm starting to think there was more to that trade for Clausen rumor then people believed.

I'm hoping and praying that we draft either Jones or Barkley, either or...maybe even signing Vincent Jackson and Ben Grubb.

Give the 2 first and 2 seconds for Luck. I would say that we could trade Tebow to get something for him, but we've ruined the chances of that. As I said earlier this year... keeping Tebow on the bench may actually RAISE his value and playing him may lower it...... is been bottomed out.

Dzone
10-30-2011, 07:35 PM
We could try to trade Tebow, but doubt anyone would want him

BroncoStud
10-30-2011, 07:38 PM
Give the 2 first and 2 seconds for Luck. I would say that we could trade Tebow to get something for him, but we've ruined the chances of that. As I said earlier this year... keeping Tebow on the bench may actually RAISE his value and playing him may lower it...... is been bottomed out.

Give Tebow until the end of this season to show improvement. Denver has NOTHING to lose in doing so. It will force McCoy/Fox to modernize the offense and it will either produce a QBoTF or allow us to draft VERY highly.

Win/win by losing. It's the only silver-lining I see. I have no inkling that Orton would have done any better today. He was turning the ball over like a madman in this joke of an offense.

Right now, as of today, it is my opinion that Mike McCoy is the biggest issue going forward for this team, and there are a LOT of issues.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 07:39 PM
We could try to trade Tebow, but doubt anyone would want him

Not with the quarterback class available in this draft and maybe the next. The only teams that might give him a chance now is Miami (Because their owner is a dumbass) or Jacksonville (because he'd boost ticket sales, then again they have Gabbert).

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 09:27 PM
We'd have to draft defensive linemen to be the Lions.

That's not gonna happen.

~G

I wish we could have Suh

nflfan
10-30-2011, 09:36 PM
The turn around of the Lions started with the hiring of JIm Schwartz as head coach and the promotion of Martin Mayhew to GM. People had the sense that Schwartz would be good, because he ran defenses for Jeff Fisher for the Titans, but Mayhew seems to be unearthed gold. Who knew there was anyone under Matt Millen who would turn out to be competent?

Millen drafted Calvin, when it was obvious to the whole league (but the Raiders) that he was the best WR prospect in a very long time, and he might be the best football player of that draft. It was a no brainer, but it did help that Millen just loved drafting WRs, LOL!

The picks from the Mayhew era were solid, building up to a team to back up what Schwartz envisioned.

I've made it no secret in these boards that I didn't have much confidence in Xanders as a GM, nor Fox as a HC. Right now, though, they are inheriting a team that was downgraded in skill several notches on offense by the previous regime, or which Xanders tries to wash his hands off (shame, shame).

Fox needs more time to prove himself, but I'm afraid the team he envisions the Broncos to be are the Panthers during his tenure there, and that would suck. Super duper safe, boring offense.

tomjonesrocks
10-30-2011, 09:48 PM
Not to mention consecutive years of top 5 drafting. I say this Lions team is what Denver will look like in year 2023.

This might be a joke, but this is actually a serious possibility. You don't trade a franchise QB. NOBODY trades a franchise QB. This organization did, and it could be a LONG while before things are better.