PDA

View Full Version : Whatever college gameplan they installed today for Tebow to make it easier

Northman
10-30-2011, 05:53 PM
Sucked.

camdisco24
10-30-2011, 05:54 PM
Pretty sure that was a high school game plan.

chazoe60
10-30-2011, 05:54 PM
The gameplan sucked, the guys who put it in suck, and the guys who attempted to execute it suck. Word of the day is "SUCK"!

UnderArmour
10-30-2011, 05:55 PM
I think we used the Kansas University game plan where we get destroyed by the opposing team.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2011, 05:58 PM
On a real note, there has got to be major concerns about the ability of this coaching shatt from both the offense, and defense.

camdisco24
10-30-2011, 06:01 PM
The TD-scoring play call we just saw is what we should have been doing all day.

hotcarl
10-30-2011, 06:06 PM
They got out coached by John lynch in the announcer chair

Very cool, by

silkamilkamonico
The TD-scoring play call we just saw is what we should have been doing all day.

Detroit made adjustments and took it away all game. The coaching staff just couldn't make adjustments.

nevcraw
many areas of improvement.. we are watching a total reclamation project. But I like the heart of this team -- better than we saw in years..

Dirk
10-30-2011, 06:26 PM
They got out coached by John lynch in the announcer chair

Very cool, by

I agree...if they would have listened to what Lynch was saying...they may have played better on offense. :tsk:

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 06:55 PM
How do you make adjustments for the play behind center? The biggest adjustment they made, happened at the start of the season when starting ORton. There is no place to go.

chazoe60
10-30-2011, 06:58 PM
How do you make adjustments for the play behind center? The biggest adjustment they made, happened at the start of the season when starting ORton. There is no place to go.

Yeah there is, down with the ship baby.

Anyone who thinks we're out of the suck for Luck game is outta their ever lovin mind.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 07:02 PM

Anyone who thinks we're out of the suck for Luck game is outta their ever lovin mind.

There is NO WAY Tebow improves enough over the season NOT to draft a QB. Seriously... its that bad. He's horrible, and I can now see why the coaches would feel that ORton gave the best chance to win.... and that says a TON. The coaches were right. If this is what they saw in practice (and it was)... who on earth would start him? No one.

We WILL be drafting a QB in the up-coming draft. Its very very clear that Tebow is much much worse than I could have ever even imagined he would have been.

Northman
10-30-2011, 07:18 PM
There is NO WAY Tebow improves enough over the season NOT to draft a QB. Seriously... its that bad. He's horrible, and I can now see why the coaches would feel that ORton gave the best chance to win.... and that says a TON. The coaches were right. If this is what they saw in practice (and it was)... who on earth would start him? No one.

We WILL be drafting a QB in the up-coming draft. Its very very clear that Tebow is much much worse than I could have ever even imagined he would have been.

Sadly, i think your right. But really, i still would of gone with Tebow at the beginning of the year instead of Orton. Kyle wasnt going to win us jack either and the coaches were proven wrong there.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 07:20 PM
I agree...if they would have listened to what Lynch was saying...they may have played better on offense. :tsk:

The fact that Lynch thinks Tebow can be a pro quarterback, he lost all respectability outside of playing.

dogfish
10-30-2011, 07:23 PM

i am out of my mind, then. . . tell me where either maimi OR indy has two wins on their schedule. . . go ahead, i'll wait. . .

and that's not even counting st. louis, jacksonville, seattle, minnesota and arizona. . . and maybe carolina. . . somebody just posted a strength of schedule breakdown over on the mane last week-- we would have picked like tenth if the season ended then. . .

we're really not in the luck sweepstakes at this point, unless carolina or st. louis ends up with the pick, maybe arizona. . . because you're obviously right that we're probably in the market for a quarterback-- the odds of it being luck because we earned the natural top pick aren't very good. . . especially with a win over miami, and both of our wins in the AFC. . . and i believe our SOS will be higher than indy. . . i know anything can happen still, so it's certainly not impossible. . . i think there are too many tiebreakers against us, though. . . we may well not even be in position for the second QB on the board (assuming there's a consensus-type guy)-- i think indy and miami could very well be taking QBs with the first two picks. . .

best part of the day for me?

seeing RAV justify his boy, kyle orton. . . .

:lol::lol:

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 07:24 PM
Sadly, i think your right. But really, i still would of gone with Tebow at the beginning of the year instead of Orton. Kyle wasnt going to win us jack either and the coaches were proven wrong there.

Other than the coach HAD to put the team in the best position to win. THere is NO WAY the coaches and players could see that kind of playing on the practice field, and then start him... no way.

In fact, if his name was not Tebow, we NEVER would have seen him on the field at all. The only reason we are seeing him now, as the starter, is because of the political nightmare that his name causes. He is horrible.

People from all over were complaining, griping, moaning, groaning, and saying that the coaches were "making it up" that Tebow was as bad as Orton. I think the entire message board should write an apology letter to Fox for those accusations.

AgentOrange
10-30-2011, 07:25 PM
Fer christ's sake FIRE MCCOY!!!

That douche can't install an offensive scheme worth a damn and can't adjust once it becomes obvious his poor scheme isn't working. Let's get rid of the last vestige of the disasterous McDumbass era.

Ravage!!!
best part of the day for me?

seeing RAV justify his boy, kyle orton. . . .

:lol::lol:

Uh.. no. Kyle is NOT my boi.. never has been. I don't like him as a QB and hated that he we got him in the trade. You must have me confused with topscribe....who is probably the only person celebrating tonight.

Northman
we're really not in the luck sweepstakes at this point,

No, we are in the "just give us anyone who can pass the ball" sweepstakes. Ill take it.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 07:27 PM
Fer christ's sake FIRE MCCOY!!!

That douche can't install an offensive scheme worth a damn and can't adjust once it becomes obvious his poor scheme isn't working. Let's get rid of the last vestige of the disasterous McDumbass era.

What do you want him to do with a QB that can't find an open receiver... or when he does... over shoots him by a mile? Everyone kept telling me that Tebow throws a "great long ball." Where is that??? His long balls are RIDICULOUSLY bad! If they happen to stay in bounds, they are on the wrong side of the receiver.... not away from the defender.

What would you like the OC to do? Punt on first down?

Northman
10-30-2011, 07:28 PM
Other than the coach HAD to put the team in the best position to win. THere is NO WAY the coaches and players could see that kind of playing on the practice field, and then start him... no way.

In fact, if his name was not Tebow, we NEVER would have seen him on the field at all. The only reason we are seeing him now, as the starter, is because of the political nightmare that his name causes. He is horrible.

People from all over were complaining, griping, moaning, groaning, and saying that the coaches were "making it up" that Tebow was as bad as Orton. I think the entire message board should write an apology letter to Fox for those accusations.

F that. Fox doesnt deserve shit.

Tebow still had little playing time with the 1st stringers and it is still just 5 games. Although ive pretty much resigned myself to the fact that he isnt going to improve based on the the reps that Tebow got in the offseason and the history of Orton and his averageness Fox needs to apologize to the fans. :D

I Eat Staples
10-30-2011, 07:29 PM

There's no way we finish worse than Indy. I'm thinking they'll go 0-16.

AgentOrange
10-30-2011, 07:31 PM
What do you want him to do with a QB that can't find an open receiver... or when he does... over shoots him by a mile? Everyone kept telling me that Tebow throws a "great long ball." Where is that??? His long balls are RIDICULOUSLY bad! If they happen to stay in bounds, they are on the wrong side of the receiver.... not away from the defender.

What would you like the OC to do? Punt on first down?

How about *not* waiting until there's 6 minutes left in a hopeless game to start throwing 6-8 yard passes on first and second down? How about a screen when there's 8 in the box? Just those two things would be a good start!

Northman
10-30-2011, 07:32 PM

Your going to love my rankings this week than. :lol:

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 07:38 PM
How about *not* waiting until there's 6 minutes left in a hopeless game to start throwing 6-8 yard passes on first and second down? How about a screen when there's 8 in the box? Just those two things would be a good start!

You mean when Detroit was up 45-3 and just sitting back letting guys catch the ball? Seriously? Don't use a defense that was pretty lax and just sitting on their heals with a 40 point cushion, fool you. Tebow is just flat out HORRIBLE, and his inability to read defense and hit the broad side of a barn, absolutely handcuffs ANY OC. What can you call that would make htings EASIER for Tim? Under hand tosses in the backfield?

Tim is sooo bad, guys. He's not even close on 90% of his throws. Wrong shoulders...way high.. out of bounds....way late...throwing the ball where the receiver breaks instead of where he will be after the break...holding onto the ball FOREVER and taking sacks or getting holding calls because OL can't hold blocks for 3 minutes! He's awful!

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 07:40 PM
Tebow still had little playing time with the 1st stringers and it is still just 5 games. Although ive pretty much resigned myself to the fact that he isnt going to improve based on the the reps that Tebow got in the offseason and the history of Orton and his averageness Fox needs to apologize to the fans. :D

HELL YEAH he didn't get much reps with the first team, and you can see why!! Crap. He's terrible. How is it that these other rookies are coming in that didn't have more time to prepare than TEbow did (less becuase they weren't in the NFL last year), and are looking pretty good???

The practice reps is NOT whats making Tebow look this bad.

Northman
10-30-2011, 07:42 PM
HELL YEAH he didn't get much reps with the first team, and you can see why!! Crap. He's terrible. How is it that these other rookies are coming in that didn't have more time to prepare than TEbow did (less becuase they weren't in the NFL last year), and are looking pretty good???

The practice reps is NOT whats making Tebow look this bad.

Ive got nothing..... :lol:

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 07:44 PM

:lol: :beer:

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 07:45 PM
Man, I was really hoping Timmy would be better. If for no other reason than to be a serviceable stop-gap while we build other desperately needed areas of the team.

I'm losing faith quick. It sucks to have to go QB in the first round with so many other needs.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Lancane
10-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Man, I was really hoping Timmy would be better. If for no other reason than to be a serviceable stop-gap while we build other desperately needed areas of the team.

I'm losing faith quick. It sucks to have to go QB in the first round with so many other needs.

Better then having few needs filled and no quarterback either.

Not like I don't understand your take Joe...but damn, this team sucks and Tebow is the Field General of this shitastic ship, it's not just leaking - it's freaking sinking and rapidly.

lgenf
10-30-2011, 07:49 PM
Tebow actually played much better than last week and many of his throws were dead on today

Sure there were some that were not even close, but he played way better today

In fact if the damn pocket wouldn't have been collapsing the second the ball was snapped we may have even had a few drives this week.

We had some bad drops by the WRs or RBs maybe 3-4

Thus BS with McCoy calling a run on every fng 1st down, be it a FB or T2 on an obvious draw play, he needs to get some freaking new plays, screens, rollouts or something

Crap even lynch said at one point, the 3 step drop quick passes worked both times and Tebow was 2-2 on them and those quick passes let the QB get a rhythm going

The score was out of control, it would have been nice to have he defense stop them in the first half so the game stayed close, but overall the game was an improvement over last week and I am excited to play Oakland next week

Lancane
10-30-2011, 07:53 PM
Tebow actually played much better than last week and many of his throws were dead on today

Sure there were some that were not even close, but he played way better today

In fact if the damn pocket wouldn't have been collapsing the second the ball was snapped we may have even had a few drives this week.

We had some bad drops by the WRs or RBs maybe 3-4

Thus BS with McCoy calling a run on every fng 1st down, be it a FB or T2 on an obvious draw play, he needs to get some freaking new plays, screens, rollouts or something

Crap even lynch said at one point, the 3 step drop quick passes worked both times and Tebow was 2-2 on them and those quick passes let the QB get a rhythm going

The score was out of control, it would have been nice to have he defense stop them in the first half so the game stayed close, but overall the game was an improvement over last week and I am excited to play Oakland next week

Who cares what Lynch said, for every Lynch I can name three or four respectable analysts (former players and coaches) who think Tebow sucks and is doomed to failure. And you Tebowites need to quite latching onto what every positive numbnuts with a voice has to say about him.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 07:54 PM
Who cares what Lynch said, for every Lynch I can name three or four respectable analysts (former players and coaches) who think Tebow sucks and is doomed to failure. And you Tebowites need to quite latching onto what every positive numbnuts with a voice has to say about him.

If he saw improvements in this game, and thought Tebow played pretty well.... he's a lost cause. He'll never see anything other than what he wants to see and will make any excuse possible.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2011, 07:57 PM
If he saw improvements in this game, and thought Tebow played pretty well.... he's a lost cause. He'll never see anything other than what he wants to see and will make any excuse possible.

Maybe Tebow did play better, and if so then this organization is wasting a hell of a lot of time on a QB that wioll never be anything. At this rate Tebow might be an average NFL QB in about 10 years, assuming he improves every single year he plays.

lgenf
10-30-2011, 07:58 PM

I watched with my own eyes

He didn't play as bad as some of you are crying that he did

For gods sake what did you expect for his 5th start going against that defense

That detroit team was like 29th in the league against the run and our RBs didn't do shit against them

With our oline did you think tebow was going to have some 300yd passing game against them

Like it or not he improved and showed improvement this week over last week, and against a much better team

That is what is expected of him

Next week I hope to see the same thing, but against a much more mediocre team and we might pull a win out against Oakland

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 08:00 PM
I just didn't see the improvement. Sorry dude. I wouldn't say he regressed today - it was a virtual mirror image of the first 55 minutes of last week.

flash3six0
10-30-2011, 08:04 PM
Last time I checked our defense was horrible..our play calling was garbaaaageeee ..anyone who blames Tebow for the loss is retarded!!!!!! The receivers dropped as many passes as he threw bad passes---wash....did Tebow play defense. He sucked but he's not the reason we lost...we just ******* suck in every aspect. Period .

Northman
10-30-2011, 08:07 PM
Like it or not he improved and showed improvement this week over last week, and against a much better team

Uh, no he didnt. Last week he went 13/27 for 161 yds and 2 TD's.

This week he went 18/39 for 172 yds and 1 TD, 1 Int.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 08:08 PM
Last time I checked our defense was horrible..our play calling was garbaaaageeee ..anyone who blames Tebow for the loss is retarded!!!!!! The receivers dropped as many passes as he threw bad passes---wash....did Tebow play defense. He sucked but he's not the reason we lost...we just ******* suck in every aspect. Period .

Great another Tebowite...can we ban them yet? :D

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 08:10 PM
Uh, no he didnt. Last week he went 13/27 for 161 yds and 2 TD's.

This week he went 18/39 for 172 yds and 1 TD, 1 Int.

Plus he had one fumble lost and three fumbles. He took two more sacks than he did last week too.

Statistically it wasn't better. Eye ball test wasn't better.

I suppose he didn't overthrow Fells by 25 yards today, so there's that.

Nomad
10-30-2011, 08:16 PM
I just didn't see the improvement. Sorry dude. I wouldn't say he regressed today - it was a virtual mirror image of the first 55 minutes of last week.

lgenf, Joe's right on here!

lgenf
10-30-2011, 08:20 PM
Plus he had one fumble lost and three fumbles. He took two more sacks than he did last week too.

Statistically it wasn't better. Eye ball test wasn't better.

I suppose he didn't overthrow Fells by 25 yards today, so there's that.

eyeball test was way better this week

the stat line may not say that it was, I totally understand that, and yes he had a pick 6 and a fumble for a TD

he did improve though

his decision making was way better, his throws wereway better

last week the throws were no where near the receivers for the first 55mins, but this week his throws werespot on,not all of them, but how many were dropped by the WR or RB

his deep ball to Decker, should have been a TD if Decker would have dragged his feet, that ball was perfect, as were many of the other passes in the first half

he played way better, with much better decision making, but the opponent was way better then Miami this time

the play calling is still shit, I would guess that we ran on 1st down 95% of the time in that game, and we don't have a RB with McGahee out

where are the screens and short timing routes that seem to work every time we run them, but we only run like 2 or 3 of those plays the entire game, we should have 3-4 screens, and 4-6 short timing routes each game, along with 4-6 roll out pass/run option plays

I am excited about next week for sure

lgenf
10-30-2011, 08:22 PM
lgenf, Joe's right on here!

no way

last week his throws weren't even close to the receivers

this week most of his throws were right there for the receiver to catch, some got dropped, some got defended, and some were just bad throws, along with some throwaways, but the throws were way better this week, and that is with way more pressure in his face

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 08:22 PM
We suck as a team right now. I wish we were 0-7 to have a chance at Luck.

I love Tebows effort and heart but he will never be as good as Luck. Luck looks like Aaron Rodgers to me and will be a great NFL QB IMHO

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 08:24 PM
Well, I disagree, and I think you're seeing things that aren't there and I'll stop there.

Lancane

I love Tebows effort and heart but he will never be as good as Luck. Luck looks like Aaron Rodgers to me and will be a great NFL QB IMHO

Compared to Tebow, John Brantley looks to be the next Mark Sanchez.

Nomad

Med.....you dug out from the freak nor'easter:D!

Yeah, I don't think we have a shot at Luck.

Northman
Compared to Tebow, John Brantley looks to be the next Mark Sanchez.

Low blow dude, low blow. :lol:

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 08:27 PM
My eyeball test says that he looked horrible. No better than last week at ALLLL. His passing is horrendous, the amount of time he holds onto the ball is ridiculous, his accuracy is atrocious. There was NOTHING that improved from last week.... nothing.

You guys can try to blame the playcalling all you want, every fan-base does. Everyone is a great Madden playcaller. Tebow's lack is handcuffing the OC. He can't call plays that rely on Tebow making more than one read, or recognizing defenses. It brings the offense to a standstill from the get-go. Not to mention, when you make the right call, and have the right blocking... he misses the WR. So then its back to calling plays and HOPING that the defense gives him a read he can make.

Then there are the long balls. Wow.... those are just soooooo far off. Does Tim know there are sidelines when he throws?

Lancane
10-30-2011, 08:28 PM
Low blow dude, low blow. :lol:

Mama always said honesty hurts...I'm hoping it stung like a *****! :lol:

lgenf
10-30-2011, 08:29 PM
Well, I disagree, and I think you're seeing things that aren't there and I'll stop there.

that's fine we can disagree, that's what makes a great forum

can you imagine how boring it is over on the greenbay forum these days

"our punter really isn't all that good"
"yeah, we should probably draft one next year and replace him"

Nomad
10-30-2011, 08:30 PM
If that's the case, I'd rather this forum be boring!!

Lancane
10-30-2011, 08:34 PM
If that's the case, I'd rather this forum be boring!!

No ****, I don't think we've had the honor of such a board, the closest we got was after we drafted Cutler, that is until the 'Fire Shanahan' crowed started in, since then it's about as venomous if not worse as it was during the 'Plummer Wars'.

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 08:35 PM
. Wow.... those are just soooooo far off. Does Tim know there are sidelines when he throws?

LOL that is so funny. :lol:

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 08:39 PM
Even the so accruate Jarius Jackson throws it better downfield.

I would love Tebows heart in Ortons body and you might have a good QB.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 08:40 PM
Even the so accruate Jarius Jackson throws it better downfield.

I would love Tebows heart in Ortons body and you might have a good QB.

Well... Tebow has a better 'body' than Orton.... :elefant:

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 08:42 PM
Well... Tebow has a better 'body' than Orton.... :elefant:

and Neither can read a defense.

Heck I would take Dalton of Cincy. He looks good as well.

The Broncos since 2006 have been a day late and a dollar short in everything. So sad really. I feel like a Cleveland Browns fan. We are as pathetic as they are.

NameUsedBefore
10-30-2011, 08:43 PM
You guys need to get your bearings. Tebow didn't play well, but he is a young QB playing on a pretty awful team. Look up the first starts of any QB from Elway to Young to Manning; hell even take your vanilla ice cream in players like Flacco, Ryan and Sanchez. They all have played like total ass in their careers too. And don't tell me they "looked professional" early, either. Elway was throwing complete ducks and getting mauled left and right as he scrambled around holding the ball too long. Young was the same and pretty much got dumped because he couldn't play worth dick on a terrible Tampa Bay squad. Manning was firing interceptions like crazy and folding in the fourth quarter. Don't need to explain the others.

I'm not saying Tebow is going to be good. Hell, I didn't even like taking him when we did, but come on already. QB is one of the few positions we have a young player to evaluate at and yet everyone wants to blow it up too after a handful of starts. I swear we are going to turn into the Cleveland Browns if this bullshit doesn't stop.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 08:44 PM
and Neither can read a defense.

Heck I would take Dalton of Cincy. He looks good as well.

The Broncos since 2006 have been a day late and a dollar short in everything. So sad really. I feel like a Cleveland Browns fan. We are as pathetic as they are.

Like I said earlier...you know it's bad when Kyle Orton or Jimmy Clausen look to be better options!

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 08:46 PM
You guys need to get your bearings. Tebow didn't play well, but he is a young QB playing on a pretty awful team. Look up the first starts of any QB from Elway to Young to Manning; hell even take your vanilla ice cream in players like Flacco, Ryan and Sanchez. They all have played like total ass in their careers too. And don't tell me they "looked professional" early, either. Elway was throwing complete ducks and getting mauled left and right as he scrambled around holding the ball too long. Young was the same and pretty much got dumped because he couldn't play worth dick on a terrible Tampa Bay squad. Manning was firing interceptions like crazy and folding in the fourth quarter. Don't need to explain the others.

I'm not saying Tebow is going to be good. Hell, I didn't even like taking him when we did, but come on already. QB is one of the few positions we have a young player to evaluate at and yet everyone wants to blow it up too after a handful of starts. I swear we are going to turn into the Cleveland Browns if this bullshit doesn't stop.

Why does Dalton of Cincy and Cam Newton look so much better in their handful of starts then?

Carolina was pathetic last year and Cincy was not much better.

I am not saying Tebow is all of the problem but his throwing is disgusting really right now and has been in the NFL longer than both of them.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 08:48 PM
Nice take NUB.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 08:49 PM

We're already there...not really the Browncos, more like the Dolbengcos!

And I'd say it's more then fair to evaluate him at this point and to see that he is left wanting. You can disagree, but he shown little promise at all. He was so bad that analysts were downing him during the pre-season, how much negative do you need to hear or see before you understand what we've come to see?

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 08:53 PM

Fifth start, NUB. And its a different era. These other young quarterbacks are polished and Tebow is not, and that's my biggest disappointment.

Andy Effing Dalton looks better than Tebow...Andy Effing Dalton, and he's on start six (I think)

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 08:53 PM
I am not saying Tebow is all of the problem but his throwing is disgusting really right now and has been in the NFL longer than both of them.

This is really the point I think. I'm not watching the stat line, the yardage thrown, the TDs thrown, or the W/L column. I said before TEbow started that his stats and W/L wouldn't matter, since it didn't matter for the team. What I wanted to see from him is whether or not he could QB in the NFL.

His passing is terrrible.. I mean..... TERRIBLE. His recognition is horrendous. Its no wonder the coaches didn't want to start Tebow last year, and didn't want to start him this year. NO WONDER McD refused to start Tim, he didn't want people to see what he and the coaching staff saw at practice!

If we could just see a pass come out that isn't wobbly. A long ball that isn't either out of bounds, or misses the side of the field it should be hitting on. IF we could see him do SOMETHING that resembles a QB that is "just taking his lumps" instead of a kid that looks like he shouldnt' be in the NFL.... it would be different.

Losing doesn't bother me at this point. But the QB play, by itself, is terribly disturbing.

NameUsedBefore
10-30-2011, 08:54 PM
Why does Dalton of Cincy and Cam Newton look so much better in their handful of starts then?

Because Newton has Smith, Olsen and Shockey to throw to? All of them are great route-runners and I have always believed Steve Smith to be the best route-runner in the entire league since Rice retired. By the way, Newton has been stacking yards but he has made some horrendous mistakes throwing the ball, too. The media doesn't talk about that because they're not on his nuts like they are Tebow's.

Dalton is different. I actually thought Dalton would be a very solid QB coming out of TCU and he is. Cincy is a surprise team this year, that's for sure. They are hard nosed in many ways and having A.J. Green to throw to helps.

My question is, if you take any of those players and throw them on the Broncos do they look good? I think not. McCoy is a straight line of incompetency tracing back to McDaniels (who was not a good playcaller regardless of how the media portrays him). Running on first down always and doing play-action passes on 2nd down way late into the game is ridiculous. Long-developing go-routes against that defense? Also late into the game? McCoy sets up the offense to fail in general. Beyond that, Denver doesn't have a running game without McGahee and all the receivers are slot-players except D.T. who comes across as a lazy route-runner. The separation has been minimal except on a few long balls, but Tebow missed those.

If anyone thinks Newton or Dalton plays well on this offense, then... okay. I can't dispute it, but I think you are completely wrong.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 08:57 PM
I think you are giving wayyyy too much credit to the talent in Carolina. I think Newton would still be much much MUCH better than what we've seen from Tebow. Newton doesn't ahve much to help him in Carolina.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2011, 08:58 PM
I certainly think both Dalton and Newton would be much better than Tebow has been.

Tebow does nothing in this offense. Both Newton and Dalton drive their offense. They aren't just getting balls in playmakers they are making decisions. Tebow isn't doing anything at all to help this offense.

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 08:59 PM
If anyone thinks Newton or Dalton plays well on this offense, then... okay. I can't dispute it, but I think you are completely wrong.

Dalton and Newton would at least give the Wrs a chance to catch balls and not overthrow them so much. I was wrong on Newton, this kid is the real deal. His FG kicker screwed him today.

Sorry they are way more polished than Tebow. BTW Elway even as a rookie had a rocket arm. He made some mistakes but was not as bad as Tebows helocopter throws.

Manning threw a lot of picks but also 26 tds and close to 4000 yards and in year 2 made the playoffs. Really bad comparisons.

Jarius Jackson is a comparable right now.

Tned

Personally, I think Indy will draft Luck. Irsay said they would, and Manning is getting older and has a serious injury. Draft Luck, and let him learn under Manning for a few years, and then bam.

Miami? No brainer.

The only one I think that would even think twice is St. Louis, and in the last few weeks I've heard their beat reporters go from saying they are totally sold on Bradford, to drafting Luck and trading Bradford is a possibility.

So, all three teams that have a very good possibility of picking in front of Denver more than likely would draft Luck.

Nomad
Bo knows football and Bo believes Cam will be a football god!:wave:

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 09:00 PM
I think you are giving wayyyy too much credit to the talent in Carolina. I think Newton would still be much much MUCH better than what we've seen from Tebow. Newton doesn't ahve much to help him in Carolina.

Yeah Newton can throw a spiral :lol:

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 09:02 PM
Personally, I think Indy will draft Luck. Irsay said they would, and Manning is getting older and has a serious injury. Draft Luck, and let him learn under Manning for a few years, and then bam.

Miami? No brainer.

The only one I think that would even think twice is St. Louis, and in the last few weeks I've heard their beat reporters go from saying they are totally sold on Bradford, to drafting Luck and trading Bradford is a possibility.

So, all three teams that have a very good possibility of picking in front of Denver more than likely would draft Luck.

I would take Bradford from St Louis then. He has struggled this year (because Josh is there ruining him lol jK) He has NFL ability and is a Jake Dellome type that Fox had when Carolina was decent int he early 2000s.

He ripped us a new one last year that is for sure.

jhildebrand
10-30-2011, 09:03 PM

We are out of it! Indy and Miami are all about losing out.

After last night's Stanford/USC game, it only ratchets up the intensity. We were out of the Luck sweepstakes when they beat the Broncos and definitely so after the Dolphin win.

NameUsedBefore
10-30-2011, 09:04 PM

Yeah, he does. Carolina's defense is terrible, but their offense has a two-headed rushing attack, two very good tight-ends and a top-5 receiver in Steve Smith. That's pretty stout.

Denver has: McGahee is the best runner, but he's out. The next best runner is... Tebow. Traded the best receiver to the Rams. The rest of the crew are slot-guys except Thomas who has not flashed much. Tight-end consists of undrafted goobers.

Nomad
10-30-2011, 09:04 PM
We are out of it! Indy and Miami are all about losing out.

After last night's Stanford/USC game, it only ratchets up the intensity. We were out of the Luck sweepstakes when they beat the Broncos and definitely so after the Dolphin win.

Yeah, chaz, BRONCOS are out of 'luck':D

Northman
10-30-2011, 09:05 PM
My question is, if you take any of those players and throw them on the Broncos do they look good? I think not.

I disagree.

Lets not pretend that Denver is a great team this much i agree with. However, if you look at the QB's alone and what they bring to their respective teams its night and day. Do i think we would of beaten the Lions today? No. But do i think we get blown out 45-10 with a guy like Dalton, Ponder, or Newton? Absolutely not.

Mike
10-30-2011, 09:07 PM
Yeah, he does. Carolina's defense is terrible, but their offense has a two-headed rushing attack, two very good tight-ends and a top-5 receiver in Steve Smith. That's pretty stout.

Denver has: McGahee is the best runner, but he's out. The next best runner is... Tebow. Traded the best receiver to the Rams. The rest of the crew are slot-guys except Thomas who has not flashed much. Tight-end consists of undrafted goobers.

And don't forget the hapless assclown that is McCoy.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 09:08 PM

Miami? No brainer.

If St. Louis is willing to trade Bradford, then I'd be all for trading for him and so would Bowlen...but I don't see it happening. No matter what the journalists are saying.

Fact is that Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, Brock Osweiler, Robert Griffin, Tyler Wilson, Nick Foles and Ryan Tannehill are all better pro quarterback prospects in comparison to Tebow. And I for one say 'Just do it and be done with it', time to move on. And you can ship McCoy's ass off as well.

Northman
10-30-2011, 09:09 PM
One more thing,

Some people believe that Royal is a crappy WR. Maybe he is, maybe he isnt. But if a guy like Jay Cutler can make him look like a HOF than whats the problem with Tebow? You have to understand its not all about he surrounding talent. You have to be able to look at the player itself and distinguish if he ALONE has what it takes to help make players around him better. We know Tebow has the drive, but right now he doesnt have the ability passing wise to make our receiving core serviceable. Ponder makes Jenkins look great, Smith was ready to walk away from Carolina until he was finally able to get the ball from Newton who has looked sharpe this year. At some point your QB has to be able to pass it effectively to be successful.

Tned
10-30-2011, 09:14 PM
Better then having few needs filled and no quarterback either.

Not like I don't understand your take Joe...but damn, this team sucks and Tebow is the Field General of this shitastic ship, it's not just leaking - it's freaking sinking and rapidly.

The team isn't "sinking," it's already sunk. Let's deal with that fact first. Two weeks ago, the Broncos had the worst record in the NFL in the previous 31 games. I doubt the one win last week changed that.

The little egomaniac McDaniels went scorched earth on the roster, and therefore there are still a GREAT many holes that need to be filled.

So, there is no "sinking" because we are already resting on the bottom of the sea floor and simply hoping the hull doesn't implode.

There was definite improvement. Most of his misses weren't nearly as bad. A number of them, while not perfect, were "Orton good" and could have/should have been pulled in by receivers.

It's really hard to tell on the sacks. Some are certainly him holding the ball too long, but others are a result of Franklin being totally manhandled.

Regardless, while it didn't show on the scoreboard, there was clear improvement in his execution and accuracy. Hopefully, next week, there will be more improvement.

You just can't measure it that way. There are so many different factors.

You can't say, "Cam's looked good from the start, so even Tebow isn't starting as fast, he never will." It's just not the way it works.

There are situations where he and the receivers clearly aren't on the same page. He thinks they are going to do one thing, they do something else. That's probably on him, but it's also the reality of him not getting reps with them in TC, preseason, or the first five weeks.

Am I sold on Tebow? Hell no. That said, I also don't want to pull a Tampa Bay with Young or similar thing where we make a decision with nowhere near enough information to make an intelligent decision.

This season is toast, so lets see if he gets better every week and by the end is a guy the coaches would be comfortable making a playoff run with. Right now, we just don't really know.

NameUsedBefore
10-30-2011, 09:16 PM
I disagree.

Lets not pretend that Denver is a great team this much i agree with. However, if you look at the QB's alone and what they bring to their respective teams its night and day. Do i think we would of beaten the Lions today? No. But do i think we get blown out 45-10 with a guy like Dalton, Ponder, or Newton? Absolutely not.

How so? Are you guys actually watching NFL games or just following the highlight reels? Newton has thrown numerous really bad passes. I mean Cutler/Plummer-esque WTF-passes. Ponder has looked sharp, but has also looked very inaccurate and flustered as well; throwing below 50%. Dalton is a solid player and, IMO, just a better QB than any of the guys we are talking about. Devil's advocate, though, says "Look at the opposition the Bengals have played". All these guys play on teams that, at least offensively, are far superior to what Denver is fielding.

If Newton is having three-pick games and Ponder is throwing 50% passes when they play on far better offenses, what makes you think they would be doing better than Tebow running a predictable offense with no running-back and 3rd string receivers? I honestly do not believe you guys are watching the actual games. It's becoming Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco all over again. None of these players, except Dalton, look "vastly superior" to Tebow at all. They have prettier passes, and certainly play on better offenses, but they do throw stupid rookie passes and inaccurate ducks, too.

Of course, this is all beside the point. Tebow has played five, disjointed/separate-season games, and people are already hitting the ejection seat when the offense has so many problems besides QB. I'm telling you guys, you are just asking to be the damn Browns here.

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 09:16 PM
We should make a Tebow excused thread and throw it all there.

So sad.

This guy needs to improve. I never in 30 years have been more disappointed in this team.

Timmy!
10-30-2011, 09:17 PM
somebody change tebows # to #45 or 44....cause he`s a friggin hback....and a good one. quarterback....not so much.

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 09:17 PM
How so? Are you guys actually watching NFL games are just following the highlight reels? Newton has thrown numerous really bad passes. I mean Cutler/Plummer-esque WTF-passes. Ponder has looked sharp, but has also looked very inaccurate and flustered as well; throwing below 50%. Dalton is a solid player and, IMO, just a better QB than any of the guys we are talking about. Devil's advocate, though, says "Look at how the Bengals have played". All these guys play on teams that, at least offensively, are far superior to what Denver is fielding.

If Newton is having three-pick games and Ponder is throwing 50% passes when they play on far better offenses, what makes you think they would be doing better than Tebow running a predictable offense with no running-back and 3rd string receivers? I honestly do not believe you guys are watching the actual games. It's becoming Matt Ryan and Joe Flacco all over again. None of these players, except Dalton, look "vastly superior" to Tebow at all. They have prettier passes, and certainly play on better offenses, but they do throw stupid rookie passes and inaccurate ducks, too.

Of course, this is all beside the point. Tebow has played five, disjointed/separate-season games, and people are already hitting the ejection seat when the offense has so many problems besides QB. I'm telling you guys, you are just asking to be the damn Browns here.

Exhibit 1 of the Tebow excuses

Tned
10-30-2011, 09:18 PM
If St. Louis is willing to trade Bradford, then I'd be all for trading for him and so would Bowlen...but I don't see it happening. No matter what the journalists are saying.

Fact is that Landry Jones, Matt Barkley, Brock Osweiler, Robert Griffin, Tyler Wilson, Nick Foles and Ryan Tannehill are all better pro quarterback prospects in comparison to Tebow. And I for one say 'Just do it and be done with it', time to move on. And you can ship McCoy's ass off as well.

Fortunately, you're not making the decisions. Any personnel person that made that decision today, with nine games left with nothing to gain except developing talent and talent evaluation, should be fired.

An uninformed, emotional, knee jerk statement like that is perfectly fine on a message board, but not for running a football team. We already saw what happened when we had a young coach/GM make those kinds of rash decisions, and we likely have a couple more years of digging out from underneath those rash McDaniels' moves.

jhildebrand
10-30-2011, 09:19 PM

Andy Effing Dalton looks better than Tebow...Andy Effing Dalton, and he's on start six (I think)

I tried to tell people about Dalton. I thought he was a better pick than Cam. That said, I wouldn't read too much into Cinci's record last year and this year. I genuinely believe Palmer was trying to play his way out of Cinci on purpose and they had the TOcho show which has crippled better teams in the past. Cinci swept the North the year before and I believe that is more representative of who they are than last year's team-(so Dalton's success isn't too surprising).

NameUsedBefore
10-30-2011, 09:21 PM
Exhibit 1 of the Tebow excuses

**** you man. Tebow hasn't played well and I will straight say it because, guess what, I didn't even want him on the team in the first place. The thing is I recognize that Denver is a pretty godawful team in general and Tebow is on the team whether anyone likes it or not. He is also a QB which take time to develop regardless of what you idiots think by watching Newton highlight reels. Five-games to ditch out on a QB for the next shiny thing in the draft when your team has holes at almost every position is Browns-football.

Medford Bronco
10-30-2011, 09:23 PM
**** you man. Tebow hasn't played well and I will straight say it because, guess what, I didn't even want him on the team in the first place. The thing is I recognize that Denver is a pretty godawful team in general and Tebow is on the team whether anyone likes it or not. He is also a QB which take time to develop regardless of what you idiots think by watching Newton highlight reels. Five-games to ditch out on a QB for the next shiny thing in the draft when your team has holes at almost every position is Browns-football.

No not **** You man. You are making excuses.

He sucks and briging up HOFers at the beginning of their careers is a horrible comparison and those great Carlolina and Cincy teams improving is a fluke right.

BTW I watched most of Newton this year and he has played very well for the most part. Tebow could only dream to throw like him and have his God given talent.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 09:24 PM
Fortunately, you're not making the decisions. Any personnel person that made that decision today, with nine games left with nothing to gain except developing talent and talent evaluation, should be fired.

An uninformed, emotional, knee jerk statement like that is perfectly fine on a message board, but not for running a football team. We already saw what happened when we had a young coach/GM make those kinds of rash decisions, and we likely have a couple more years of digging out from underneath those rash McDaniels' moves.

Fortunately I'm not senile either, because if I was making these decisions or at least those that have led to this point, I would be deserving of a horse whipping...period.

Say what you will Tned, but I'm sure you know I'm not saying this out of emotion or as simply a knee-jerk reaction, I've been saying much of this for quite sometime now. It's the Tebowites that are the emotional ones, can not let the blame rest where it lies and make irrational excuses to serve a point.

It'd be fair to say that while your glad I don't make the decisions, there are a good number on here that would feel I could do no worse then the current or last regime, no matter the majorities take on the matter.

;)

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 09:25 PM
I tried to tell people about Dalton. I thought he was a better pick than Cam. That said, I wouldn't read too much into Cinci's record last year and this year. I genuinely believe Palmer was trying to play his way out of Cinci on purpose and they had the TOcho show which has crippled better teams in the past. Cinci swept the North the year before and I believe that is more representative of who they are than last year's team-(so Dalton's success isn't too surprising).

Still think it was a conspiracy from the coaches to say Orton was the better QB at practice, and that there was no way Tebow was as bad as people reported?

Mike
10-30-2011, 09:28 PM
No not **** You man. You are making excuses.

He sucks and briging up HOFers at the beginning of their careers is a horrible comparison and those great Carlolina and Cincy teams improving is a fluke right.

He has started 5 games. He has looked like shit in the last two. But you don't bag a QB that is young and developing after 5 starts, only two of which come this season.

Denver sucks. Shouldn't be a news flash, but some of the guys around here make me wonder. Play him and if he looks like this at the end of the year then the issue is settled. But give the kid a chance. Plenty of other very good QBs looked bad starting out too.

What's the worst that can happen? Denver loses? Gets blown out? Be a joke in the league. Already happens, been there, and are.

Northman
10-30-2011, 09:29 PM
How so? Are you guys actually watching NFL games or just following the highlight reels? Newton has thrown numerous really bad passes. I mean Cutler/Plummer-esque WTF-passes.

Of course they will throw some bad passes, their rookies. But overall they are much better at moving the ball down the field than Tebow is.

Ponder has looked sharp, but has also looked very inaccurate and flustered as well; throwing below 50%.

Yet played much better than Tebow while on the road in just his second start.

Dalton is a solid player and, IMO, just a better QB than any of the guys we are talking about. Devil's advocate, though, says "Look at the opposition the Bengals have played". All these guys play on teams that, at least offensively, are far superior to what Denver is fielding.

You mean the same teams that were equally as bad if not worse than us last year?

They are playing better than Tebow man and i do watch the games. Its night and day out there. Their teams were just as bad as Denver's last year and yet they come in and make them that much better. Maybe not in the win column because they are rookies but overall they make their offense better, thats just fact right now.

How would we be a Browns fan? The cases are not even similar. I mean shit, last year Carolina drafted the boy from Notre Dame and then drafted Newton this year. Do you think they regret doing that? Do you think they feel like the Browns? I dont. Tebow was taken to high anyway as it was and while im ok with him getting his shot to play out the year if he doesnt improve im all for drafting a new QB. Every team has things that need to be added, but we dont have a QB yet and the one guy we all hope is it isnt doing anything to prove that he can be.

Tned
10-30-2011, 09:32 PM
Fortunately I'm not senile either, because if I was making these decisions or at least those that have led to this point, I would be deserving of a horse whipping...period.

Say what you will Tned, but I'm sure you know I'm not saying this out of emotion or as simply a knee-jerk reaction, I've been saying much of this for quite sometime now. It's the Tebowites that are the emotional ones, can not let the blame rest where it lies and make irrational excuses to serve a point.

It'd be fair to say that while your glad I don't make the decisions, there are a good number on here that would feel I could do no worse then the current or last regime, no matter the majorities take on the matter.

;)

Cane, I've been posting with you for a few years now. You're a draw a line in the sand, pick a side and don't budge kind of guy. It's fine, most of us are.

That said, it would be shear incompetence for them to make a decision on Tebow right now, given the state of the overall talent on the team, the other QBs on the team, and the fact they lost an offseason and made a mid-season QB change, etc.

So, yea, saying that the decision is clear now, in week 8, that the Broncos should draft one of those QBs is an uninformed, knee jerk statement.

If this was his 11th start this year, and the season just ended, I would be right there with you. Since it's not, the only intelligent thing to do is see how he plays over the next 4-9 games. I say 5-9, because if he doesn't show any significant improvement during the next four games, then they may very well give Quinn a try out or even Weber, where on the other hand if he does show improvement, then let him finish the audition and make an "informed" decision at seasons end.

As to your Tebowites comment, save it. I've never been a big fan of the infantile nicknames, and I am certainly not an over the top Tebow fan. The only position I've ever taken is that Orton is clearly not the long term answer, and can't even produce short term, so we might as well find out what we have in Tebow, so there wasn't another offseason of not knowing.

jhildebrand
10-30-2011, 09:36 PM
Still think it was a conspiracy from the coaches to say Orton was the better QB at practice, and that there was no way Tebow was as bad as people reported?

Conspiracy is a strong word for something as menial as pro sports; but, to answer your question...yes.

Funny thing is DMAC said as much today on the FAN. He offered the same thing I said way back when-Tebow nor Quinn were given any reps with the #1's. Not once. Their reps with the #1's didn't come until Orton was excused for the birth of his daughter.

Couple that with Clough's remarks from a source very close to Fox who made passing comments about the QB position not really being open.

In fact, today is a result of 2 coaching staffs not working any reps with TT during the season (prior to being named the starter). It has been commented on many times and NOBODY from the league has seen that. But we ARE talking about McD so nothing surprises me here.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 09:43 PM
Conspiracy is a strong word for something as menial as pro sports; but, to answer your question...yes.

Funny thing is DMAC said as much today on the FAN. He offered the same thing I said way back when-Tebow nor Quinn were given any reps with the #1's. Not once. Their reps with the #1's didn't come until Orton was excused for the birth of his daughter.

Couple that with Clough's remarks from a source very close to Fox who made passing comments about the QB position not really being open.

In fact, today is a result of 2 coaching staffs not working any reps with TT during the season (prior to being named the starter). It has been commented on many times and NOBODY from the league has seen that. But we ARE talking about McD so nothing surprises me here.

So you passing it on here, makes it fourth person heresay.

I think we can see why the back-up isn't getting many reps with the starters. I think its VERY VERY VERY clear what Fox saw, and quickly, in Tebow and why Orton was EASILY the starter. Too short of a training camp to waste giving Tebow reps with the first team.

But its EASY to see that the reports out of camp were right on, and not exaggerated. We can now see why Schlereth (and many others) said that when they were at practice, Tebow looked Horrible (their words).

I think the Play of Tebow is proving all those that said Orton was the best guy for the job..right. Unfortunately, he's proving Hoge completely right, and the idea that Tebow would have won the starting job if given more of a "fighting chance" has quickly been erased.

That being said.... I don't want him pulled by any means. But I'm going to be honest and be direct when I say that I have NEVER seen such horrendous play from the QB position as I have the last two weeks. I firmly believe that Tebow would never have seen the field, on ANY team, had his name been anything other than Tim Tebow. Its that bad.

jhildebrand
10-30-2011, 09:46 PM
I could NOT care less about other teams and other players. I care about this team and it's players.

The bottom line is there is only one good play I saw today-the TD toss to Decker (that looked like a reception to me). I will say I only saw most of the first half.

The rest of it was plain garbage. I HATED the Tebow pick the night of the draft. I came around on it very quickly. I have been wanting to see the kid for some time now.

Today doesn't change any of that. It was his 5th game. He has an O line, who was vested in Orton, has a rookie and 2 second year players who seem to have no INTEREST WHAT SO EVER in blocking for him. It is so bad that others have pointed it out i.e. Deion, Mariucci, Eisen, etc...

So... I don't think we know much more today than before. If I were forced to submit an answer, I would say the prognosis doesn't look good. But I keep in mind it is his 5th game. Almost every QB took some time. Shoot, look at Alex Smith!

I just hope the kid plays the season out. That way we know FOR CERTAIN with no grey area! NONE! That is the only way this fanbase will come together again.

Medford Bronco
I just have to say that I am frurstrated and If I offended anyone I apoligize.

That being said does not mean that I am still very disgusted with this team since Joshy ruined it.

NameUsedBefore
Comparing last year to this year is not relevant with all the roster and coaching changes.

Carolina, Minnesota and Cincinnati all have vastly superior offenses compared to Denver, top to bottom, and St. Louis now does too, since we gave them our best weapon for a bag of Funyns and a warm Sunkist. I just don't get these opinions at all. Denver runs a predictable playbook with sub-par players at literally every single position except tackle and guard, and suddenly Tebow is shit because in his fifth start he isn't throwing lasers into tiny windows, carrying the offense's running-game himself? Are we even watching the same team? Yeah, Tebow isn't playing well, but c'mon. Look at this team. I'd like to see Newton carry his nine-interceptions over here and see him play. I really would. We saw what a veteran Orton could do and it wasn't pretty. Give Tebow a break.

Also, I will remain adamant that playcalling is a big deal because it is. Tebow overthrowing receivers with wobbly passes or not, if you call predictable games you are going to lose. Period. And you can make players look worse than they actually are by doing it (and the obvious corollary).

BroncoStud
10-30-2011, 10:06 PM
You guys crack me up...

Tebow has started 2 games this year. Orton in all his greatness sucked balls in this offense as well. John Lynch said what ALL of us who know anything at all about football were thinking... Why the hell aren't the Broncos giving Tebow easy passes to get him into rythm? It just doesn't make sense.

The playcalling was as bad as I've seen from McCoy, who quite frankly has NEVER looked good calling plays.

THAT SAID, how does Tebow get an entire offseason to work out on his own and not practice basic routes? Like slants, outs, posts, seams, flats... These are throws that high school QBs can make, average college QBs can make... He had better show a LOT of improvement next week to keep his job, if he hasn't already lost it.

Mike McCoy needs to be calling screens, bootlegs, rollouts, etc, etc. Not the f'ing absurd QB draws and deep passing that he has been calling.

McCoy MUST be fired. Does anyone trust this clown to coach up a guy like Andrew Luck if we drafted him? I certainly don't. Luck would become great DESPITE McCoy and Fox... Elway screwed up when he hired Fox, kept McCoy, and kept Xanders. He screwed up royally.

Traveler
10-31-2011, 09:31 AM

Still to early to know if Tebow will ever become a quality NFL QB, but this kind of vindicates the FO when they said early and often how raw Tebow was. While the play calling has in no way been of help, the last two weeks have shown Tebow has a long way to go.

Sad part is they have to play him to help determine which direction they need to go this offseason. Gonna be a long year, but can't say this was unexpected.

Merril Hoge must be smiling right now.

jhildebrand
10-31-2011, 11:58 AM
So you passing it on here, makes it fourth person heresay.

Spin it however you want. The fact is it was reported on by Clough. If I actually cared, I could go find the podcast. But that doesn't change the fact that it was said.

I think we can see why the back-up isn't getting many reps with the starters. I think its VERY VERY VERY clear what Fox saw, and quickly, in Tebow and why Orton was EASILY the starter. Too short of a training camp to waste giving Tebow reps with the first team.

Then why call it a competition? :confused: I have yet to see a true QB competition where one QB didn't even get one shot with the ones. Brees did when he battled Flutie flakes. Beck and Grossman is a more recent example.

So your last sentence only supports the idea it wasn't a competition. So which is it Rav? :confused: You either believe there was a competition or there wasn't. If there wasn't, then that opens up a whole lot more questions about EFX!

But its EASY to see that the reports out of camp were right on, and not exaggerated. We can now see why Schlereth (and many others) said that when they were at practice, Tebow looked Horrible (their words).

So that is now 4th person heresay...right? :lol:

Were you at any of the TC's Rav? I was at a lot of them. Most of the time they had the ST's working on the field closest to the fans. The QB's and offense were a ways away. If one can assess a QB from 200 yards away then they belong in the league and not the media.

DMAC was at every single TC. He is there to this day. Pull up the podcast from sunday morning and listen to it. He poses some interesting questions to Chad Brown. The reality is Orton looks good with a red jersey knowing there is no contact. He looks good against vanilla D. This staff KNEW that coming in. So why they wouldn't test him early or have a true competition, if for no other reason than to push Orton, is beyond me and many others. Again, either way you look at it, from your vantage point or mine, there are now some very serious questions regarding Fox and Elway.

I think the Play of Tebow is proving all those that said Orton was the best guy for the job..right. Unfortunately, he's proving Hoge completely right, and the idea that Tebow would have won the starting job if given more of a "fighting chance" has quickly been erased.

It isn't about that Rav. It is, and has been, about seeing if Tebow could be anything. I certainly am not one to take anybody's word for it especially not an idiot like Hoge! That guy is the walking definition of an ass clown! I am also not one to take the word of someone who supports Tebow either.

It was about seeing if Tebow could be any kind of answer at the QB position or if he was like every other pick McDaniels made.

That being said.... I don't want him pulled by any means. But I'm going to be honest and be direct when I say that I have NEVER seen such horrendous play from the QB position as I have the last two weeks. I firmly believe that Tebow would never have seen the field, on ANY team, had his name been anything other than Tim Tebow. Its that bad.

I don't want any grey area either. I want it to be definite when it is all said and done. I part with you in one area. I think if a team like Balt, Pitt, NE, etc... took TT he would have a much better chance at success. Roethlisberger would be an example to look at. His first season it was about managing the team. There are simply too many holes here. It could be 7 seasons before we see TT successful by any measure. If that is the case, that is too long for me!

NightTerror218
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
1st drive worked well and last scoring drive worked well. that was it.

rcsodak
10-31-2011, 12:00 PM
:claps:

;')