PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Uniforms

Shazam!
01-02-2009, 11:31 PM
The Broncos are undergoing a change of identity as we all know.

I remember I HATED them when Denver changed their uniforms but they grew on me over time. Especially when they were winning, of course they could've been wearing pink tutus or fatigues and we wouldn't have cared... Well, yes we would but you know what I mean!

I believe with the new change of direction, a new identity should be on the way too. This might already have been murmured by Broncos management to sell more merchandise and we'll never know.

I think of the current uniforms as the post-Jacksonville 1996 Super Bowl era of the Mike Shanahan-led Denver Broncos. A change should be made. Not that I dislike them, but it couldn't hurt.

The NY Jets went back to their old logo in 1998. It has been done.

I've always liked the classic Broncos :defense: colors and logos. Maybe use it as a base for the scheme and logo of a new look Broncos and modernize it a bit. Some may call the old colors jinxed from all the losing in Super Bowls, but I don't see it that way. I also think they can change them a little bit but use them as a base design.

I still have my first Broncos jersey I ever owned, an Elway jersey from 1987 althought it looks like ?!@# now. That's when Denver merchandise went national. I love the old Broncos colors.

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/2/22/AFC-Throwback-Uniform-DEN.PNG

Thoughts? Agree or disagree, or totally irrelevent?

Foochacho
01-02-2009, 11:38 PM
I agree, the old colors would be great but the uniforms should be modernized and not look exactly like the old ones.

PatricktheDookie
01-02-2009, 11:39 PM
The Broncos' uniforms and logo are often regarded as the best in the NFL.

I personally loved our old ones, but I'm not in favor of switching back.

I would like to wear them 1-2 times a year, though...

JONtheBRONCO
01-02-2009, 11:48 PM
hell no.

LoyalSoldier
01-02-2009, 11:55 PM
Um no. I don't mind throw backs, but nothing like this. With the Jets their new logo wasn't that much different than the old one.

Scarface
01-03-2009, 12:10 AM
They should wear the new alternate orange as the home jersey.

Italianmobstr7
01-03-2009, 12:17 AM
Nope. Keep them the way they are. Wear the alternate orange a couple times a year. Our jerseys are awesome how they are.

DenBronx
01-03-2009, 12:18 AM
i like the dark blue. i wouldnt mind seeing a new design but i wouldnt want us to go back to the old ones. maybe 1 or 2 times a year is fine but nothing more.

SR
01-03-2009, 12:59 AM
I'd like to see us wear the blue pants for all home games. Other than that, I have no gripes with our uniform now.

Broncolingus
01-03-2009, 04:04 AM
Nope. Keep them the way they are. Wear the alternate orange a couple times a year. Our jerseys are awesome how they are.

What he said...

JKcatch724
01-03-2009, 06:11 AM
I HATE the orange alternates. I hope they never wear those again. I think the orange looks good on the throwback style unis... but I hate it on the new ones. The old jerseys modified would be cool, but I also like the new ones. I say wear the blue on blue for home games (blue jerseys & blue pants). It seems like they only wear those for primetime games... But that looks so sweet its ridiculous.

Traveler
01-03-2009, 08:08 AM
Keep what they have! I've been a Bronco fan since the early seventies. Truth be told, I hated the old uniforms so much that I never bought a Bronco jersey until they switched.

Reminded me too much of the Tampa Bay colors.

girler
01-03-2009, 10:52 AM
Love the new ones- keep them! Love the throw backs, sell them! :laugh: Wear the orange alternates a couple times a year and keep everyone happy. :salute:

SmilinAssasSin27
01-03-2009, 11:16 AM
Selfishly...I just built a Bronco room in my basement using teh current colors/style. I also just got a bunch of current logo stuff for my car. I'll be frickin pissed if they change now.

IMHO...if they change, it'll be to sumthin completely different and new cuz it'll be all about the merchandising. Now that the retro stuff is so hot, I don't think switching back will make the financial impact Bowlen would be looking for.

Traveler
01-03-2009, 11:23 AM
Selfishly...I just built a Bronco room in my basement using teh current colors/style. I also just got a bunch of current logo stuff for my car. I'll be frickin pissed if they change now.

IMHO...if they change, it'll be to sumthin completely different and new cuz it'll be all about the merchandising. Now that the retro stuff is so hot, I don't think switching back will make the financial impact Bowlen would be looking for.

I somewhat did my basement in the new color scheme also. Logos too.

Medford Bronco
01-03-2009, 11:54 AM
Um no. I don't mind throw backs, but nothing like this. With the Jets their new logo wasn't that much different than the old one.

Yes it was a huge difference.

http://www.esiason.org/images/storeJJerseyR.jpg Old jets

http://www.courant.com/media/photo/2008-11/43273832.jpg

new ones, not even close.

I like the new/old school Jets better and wish Denver woud do the same

TXBRONC
01-03-2009, 11:58 AM
I agree with those that say we should not switch to retro looking uniform. I don't mean this to be cruel but I don't buy into an argument that says we switch back because it's from the Super Bowl era. A retro uniform reminds me of four blowouts in which we were on the losing end. Besides that I don't associate the uniform with coach.

Broncospsycho77
01-03-2009, 01:36 PM
Ugh, I hate the blue-blue home jerseys. It's too much blue, IMO. They're pretty tacky and have a jump suit feel to them... I'd much rather play 3-4 games in the orange alts rather than the straight navy unis.

I wouldn't pull out the old "D" logo, as much as I love it, unless we like play the Packers on Thanksgiving, though even now teams are going away from classic uniforms on Turkey Day.

Shazam!
01-03-2009, 02:20 PM
:defense::defense::defense:

Medford Bronco
01-03-2009, 02:58 PM
Ugh, I hate the blue-blue home jerseys. It's too much blue, IMO. They're pretty tacky and have a jump suit feel to them... I'd much rather play 3-4 games in the orange alts rather than the straight navy unis.

I wouldn't pull out the old "D" logo, as much as I love it, unless we like play the Packers on Thanksgiving, though even now teams are going away from classic uniforms on Turkey Day.

The blue on blue have such a college feel to them. I cant stand them

How about keeping the new logo with some more orange incorporated like having our 3rd jersey as our primary uniform. Like Atanta did they used their
3rd jersey and made it their primary jersey.

Just a though.

I would love to see 1 game per year with old school though. vs Oak at home or KC at home

JKcatch724
01-03-2009, 03:24 PM
Yes it was a huge difference.

http://www.esiason.org/images/storeJJerseyR.jpg Old jets

http://www.courant.com/media/photo/2008-11/43273832.jpg

new ones, not even close.

I like the new/old school Jets better and wish Denver woud do the same

No, this is the old jets-
http://www.opengroup.com/sports/images/(SC)Joe_Namath_Photo.jpg

And this is the new-
http://www.ideagrove.com/blog/uploaded_images/jetscheer2-786155.jpg

Very similar. Your first pick is the unis they had in between ;)

Medford Bronco
01-03-2009, 03:31 PM

And this is the new-

lol I thought they were comparing the change. my bad :doh:

Slick
01-03-2009, 03:49 PM
I'd like to see orange as the home jerseys permanently. Orange Crush Lives!

PatricktheDookie
01-03-2009, 03:52 PM
He's flirting with the cheerleader?

The spirit of Namath lives on.

JKcatch724
01-03-2009, 04:35 PM
He's flirting with the cheerleader?

The spirit of Namath lives on.

lol that one was too good not to use. I picture him winking at her.

scott.475
01-03-2009, 06:44 PM

And this is the new-

That old uniform and the cheerleader uniform aren't even close...:lol:

lex
01-03-2009, 06:51 PM
We should be wearing these but with an orange version of our current helmet:

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v359/lexlucid/7e37_1.jpg

BTW, I have a road version of these (Mecklenburg)

Shazam!
01-03-2009, 10:47 PM
I have two of the Elway 'Player of the Century' bootlegs just like that one. I love those colors.

Shazam!
01-03-2009, 11:03 PM
I have read nothing that would indicate anyone not knowing that. But some Broncos fans (not just here) here are youngsters and not with the team from the 90's.

Also, the old 60's NYJ helmets look like the new ones too.

MOtorboat
01-03-2009, 11:07 PM
I have read nothing that would indicate anyone not knowing that. But some Broncos fans (not just here) here are youngsters and not with the team from the 90's.

Also, the old 60's NYJ helmets look like the new ones too.

The Broncos changed the uniform after the Jacksonville playoff game.

It's not that hard to remember, it was kind of significant, unless, of course, you're a part of the bandwagon...

Shazam!
01-03-2009, 11:09 PM
I am WELL AWARE when Denver changed. I said such in my original post. I always liked their old uniforms better.

MOtorboat
01-03-2009, 11:12 PM
I think the current uniforms are from the Super Bowl era and the Mike

Clearly.

:rolleyes:

Just so you know...stupid thoughts go with stupid ideas.

The uniform change DID NOT come after the coaching change.

Shazam!
01-03-2009, 11:15 PM
Meaning the Broncos won the Super Bowl with those uniforms the first season they wore them, and they came in the Shanahan era.

MOtorboat
01-03-2009, 11:19 PM
Meaning the Broncos won the Super Bowl with those uniforms the first season they wore them, and they came in the Shanahan era.

Your original point, which you apparently have forgotten, was that when we change coaches we change uniforms and that that is the reason we won the Super Bowl, is apparently lost on you. It's absurd, to say the least...and you can't even remember what your argument is...lol.

Shazam!
01-03-2009, 11:20 PM
I never said that.

I have no desire to bicker with you about this. I have watched this team play in their old uniforms longer than with their blue ones. I like the old school ones better. I always have. That's all I'm saying.

lex
01-03-2009, 11:20 PM
What happened to this thread? Im just sayin'... It was going along ok and then suddenly it wasn't.

MOtorboat
01-03-2009, 11:21 PM
I like the old school ones better. I always have. That's all I'm saying.

Then why make this ridiculous thread suggesting otherwise?

Mike
01-03-2009, 11:23 PM
Then why make this ridiculous thread suggesting otherwise?.

If you don't like a topic then ignore it. And if you are going to participate, knock off the personal attacks.

Back on topic.

MOtorboat
01-03-2009, 11:28 PM
If you don't like a topic then ignore it. And if you are going to participate, knock off the personal attacks.

Back on topic.

The topic is that when we change coaches, we change uniforms. That is incorrect.

Now carry on with said topic.

:laugh:

Shazam!
01-03-2009, 11:31 PM
That is not the topic. Jesus. Interpret it how you want.

I've been watching this team since the 80's. I like their old uniforms and :defense: better.

I know I'm the minority, as I am with releasing Shanahan and was with getting rid of Jake.

Some may think it is a Championship jinx for the Broncos, but I don't. I see it as historical.

MOtorboat
01-03-2009, 11:35 PM
Since its apparently against the rules to point out that the thread starter does not understand when the uniform change was made, I will simply say that the uniforms having nothing to do with the team's performance.

Shazam!
01-03-2009, 11:44 PM
They don't have anything to do with the teams performance. So we agree. I never said they did.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-04-2009, 12:00 AM
Since its apparently against the rules to point out that the thread starter does not understand when the uniform change was made, I will simply say that the uniforms having nothing to do with the team's performance.

Definitely not against the rules to point out that the thread starter does not understand when the uniform change was made, if that is your opinion. But it is definitely against the rules to try to do so personally attacking the thread starter - major difference.

Shazam!
01-04-2009, 12:14 AM
The change was made after the Jacksonville loss. I am well aware of that fact and remember it well. I wasn't even a teenager back then, I was in my 20's. I have been firmly entrenched as a Broncos fan for many years before that, even when they were getting destroyed in Super Bowls. It has no relevency to the subject. How it is construed like that from my post I have no idea.

topscribe
01-04-2009, 12:42 AM
The Broncos changed the uniform after the Jacksonville playoff game.

It's not that hard to remember, it was kind of significant, unless, of course, you're a part of the bandwagon...

Actually, I would not have remembered that off the top.

And I have been on the bandwagon since 9 September 1960 . . .

-----

pnbronco
01-04-2009, 12:47 AM
Actually, I would not have remembered that off the top.

And I have been on the bandwagon since 9 September 1960 . . .

-----

Top so you were a fan in diapers, or even before then.....;);)

CrazyHorse
01-04-2009, 01:26 AM
I would like to see the orange jerseys worn with the blue pants.
I don't know if they've ever worn them both together but I'd like to see it at least once.
Blue on blue is too much and the orange doesn't have anything to contrast with.

weazel
01-04-2009, 01:59 AM
well a PR man or a marketing agent would tell you that wearing the old uniforms is basicly telling the world your going backwards. Lets put this to rest, shall we?

Keep the current uniforms, everyone else copies them, so they can't be that bad.

Shazam!
01-04-2009, 01:59 AM
I think that is part of the issue I have. That orange has become the secondary color when it was the primary color, and now it's blue.

Shazam!
01-04-2009, 02:04 AM
well a PR man or a marketing agent would tell you that wearing the old uniforms is basicly telling the world your going backwards.

The NYJ went back to their old logo. So did the NYG.

It's not going backwards, it's going back to your roots. The :defense: is my roots, and many of us who have been following the team for a long time.

Pitt, Dallas and GB have kept their uniforms intact with just a few minor updates.

Also, a marketing agent would tell you your franchise would make millions, because millions of your fans would want to buy the gear.

weazel
01-04-2009, 02:08 AM
Well change uni's every 6 months, think of the money they would make!!!!!!!!!

and why stop at a 3rd jersey, lets have 16! they could wear a different one for every game! And the cheerleaders could wear different uni's for each of the 8 games they are at!

I think they should put in a revolving logo at the 50 yard line! It could be on a conveyor and the logo would change every 10 minutes or so! Oh man this is awesome, how else could the team cheapen itself and make a ton of money??!!!!!

Maybe they should put ads on the helmet instead of logos!!!!! Think of the money they could make then!

Shazam!
01-04-2009, 02:11 AM
I can't believe the sarcastic ridiculousness that has become of a thread that I see is legitimate, Denver Broncos throwbacks.

weazel
01-04-2009, 02:13 AM
I've got the best idea yet!!!

They could wear pink jerseys! that way they could sell a ton of them to all kinds of women!

holy crap I just made the team a ton of money!!!!!!!

Zweems56
01-04-2009, 02:13 AM
I've seen entirely too much douchebaggery and vageening over the past two days around here.... Its one thing to disagree with someone, or joke with a friend, but no need to be an ass.

Shazam!
01-04-2009, 02:19 AM
Douchebaggery. A new word. I like it.

weazel
01-04-2009, 02:27 AM
Its a joke, settle down. I love the old jerseys, I just think that they should stick with the current ones. I did start by just saying that it isnt a good idea, but he came back with the marketing thing, so I went with it. I was only joking with shazam...

CrazyHorse
01-04-2009, 02:32 AM
I've got the best idea yet!!!

They could wear pink jerseys! that way they could sell a ton of them to all kinds of women!

holy crap I just made the team a ton of money!!!!!!!

They already sell pink ones.

Shazam!
01-04-2009, 02:42 AM
I liked when they changed uniforms, because I got an Elway and an Atwater replica at Modell's for $10 EACH! Broncos stuff was on the clearance rack. It was like a heavenly light was shining down on them.

CrazyHorse
01-04-2009, 02:43 AM
Ugh! They sell Bronco jerseys in Chief, Raider, and Charger colors -- red, black, and powder blue.

Shazam!
01-04-2009, 02:49 AM
Black? Are you kidding?

CrazyHorse
01-04-2009, 02:50 AM
Black? Are you kidding?
The girl ones come in both black and powder blue. The red one is a practice jersey.

Noway
01-04-2009, 04:02 PM
The Broncos' uniforms and logo are often regarded as the best in the NFL.

I personally loved our old ones, but I'm not in favor of switching back.

I would like to wear them 1-2 times a year, though...

"best in the NFL"? Oh, really? regarded by whom?