PDA

View Full Version : Coaches pack up.

DenBronx
01-02-2009, 06:14 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11352646

As far as many Broncos assistant coaches are concerned, they've all been fired, with the exception of strength and conditioning coach Rich Tuten. The team will also make a concerted effort to keep offensive coach Jeremy Bates, who has received a formal endorsement from quarterback Jay Cutler.

The assistant coaches met individually Wednesday with chief operating officer Joe Ellis and Jim Goodman, vice president of football operations.

Each coach was told his contract would be honored. Every coach has a contract at least through 2009, and some through 2010. Each coach also was told he could seek employment with other clubs.

This isn't necessarily status quo. The Detroit Lions and New York Jets have fired their head coaches but have locked down several assistants.

Ellis and Goodman never uttered the word "fired," but the coaches were told they would be considered to return to the Broncos after the new head coach was hired.

The Broncos' assistant coaches are not expected to report to the team's Dove Valley's headquarters until further notice, although they were already scheduled to start their vacations Thursday, anyway.

Some assistant coaches started packing up their belongings Wednesday.

Front office working.

The Broncos' front-office executives started the new year with a busy first day. Not only did Jim Goodman and assistant general managers Brian Xanders and Jeff Goodman help Bowlen and Ellis compile background on the shortlist of head coaching candidates, they signed offensive tackle Clint Oldenburg to a future contract.

Oldenburg, from Colorado State, finished the 2008 season on the St. Louis Rams' practice squad.

Mike Klis, The Denver Post

Northman
01-02-2009, 06:19 PM
Tuten needs to be gone too.

Zweems56
01-02-2009, 06:20 PM
Turner needs to be retained

SmilinAssasSin27
01-02-2009, 06:26 PM
hmmm...I thought Tuten would be the first to be let go.

WARHORSE
01-02-2009, 06:32 PM
To let go of Turner would be stupid.

yardog
01-02-2009, 06:33 PM
To let go of Turner would be stupid.

It wouldn't be the first stupid thing we did this week War. :tsk:

BroncoWave
01-02-2009, 06:37 PM
Wait, we're KEEPING Tuten? What a dumbass move.

Denver Native (Carol)
01-02-2009, 06:42 PM
Tuten needs to be gone too.

Well, maybe not - it could be the players not doing what they should be doing: Maybe no more Rod Smiths on the team.

http://magazine.stack.com/TheIssue/Article/2917/Conditioning_for_Football_with_the_Denver_Broncos. aspx

Conditioning for Football with the Denver Broncos

Conditioning is one aspect of the game you can control,” Tuten says. “Each individual is in control of his conditioning level, because it simply comes down to putting forth the effort. It has nothing to do with God-given ability or talent. Losing a starting job to a teammate or a game because the other guy is better than you is one thing. But if you lose because the other guy outworked you and is in better shape than you, then shame on you.”

Conditioning isn’t easy; in fact, it will probably be the toughest part of your training. But in the end, you’ll look back on it as a growing process, physically and mentally. Tuten says, “There is a mental aspect of being able to push yourself out of body. Everyone is their own worst enemy when they listen to themselves. The mind is saying no, but the body can do a whole lot more. When you tell yourself, ‘Oh my God, I can’t do it. I can’t take another step. I’m going to fall down or throw up,’ but you keep going, that is what I mean when I say ‘out of body’.”

According to Tuten, a well-conditioned player gains three game-time payoffs:

PREVENTING INJURIES

“Being able to stay on the move when you are tired helps you get out of the way of pileups and prevents someone from falling on your legs.”

MAINTAINING FOCUS

“A lot of missed assignments result from guys being so tired that they can’t remember what they are supposed to do. When you aren’t preoccupied with how tired you are, you can focus on your block, route and every other aspect of the game.”

LATE OPPORTUNITIES

“Late in the game or during fourth quarter comebacks, conditioning helps you take advantage of opportunities when they come. If you happen to break a long run or make an interception return and have to go 70 or 80 yards to win it, you have to be in shape.”

Wide receiver Rod Smith decided to take control of his conditioning and, as a result, transformed his game. During his 12 year career with the Broncos, Smith has never missed an off-season workout (April through July)—that’s 56 workouts a year. The 35-year old specimen—an annual Pro Bowl selection who holds Bronco records for touchdowns, yards and catches—still makes younger guys look silly. Conditioning was once Smith’s weakness, but now he uses it as a means to break records.

“Rod came from a small college and had to learn how to push himself to the max. He realized that he needed to push past the point where things start to hurt without backing off,” Tuten says. “I have seen him go past that point so many times. I’ve seen him fall down and just lie there on the ground on his back—and he couldn’t move for 10 minutes. That is how he learned what his body could do. The great ones can do that.”

THE RUNDOWN

Going out and running a mile won’t make you a better or faster football player. “All it’s going to do is make you better at running a mile,” Tuten says. “Football is anaerobic. A pro game averages 60 to 70 plays consisting of six second bursts. That’s about six minutes of total work.”

Tuten has constructed a training program to develop both linear and change-of-direction conditioning to match this tempo. The Broncos’ progression begins with longer sprints to build speed endurance until Tuten decreases the distances as they get into better shape.

He allows a 3:1 recovery at the beginning, then shortens it to 2:1 between sprints, with 3- to 5-minute rests between sets. Do you have what it takes to be great? Test what your body is capable of achieving. Use Tuten’s 10-week progression to condition yourself and your teammates for next season.

G_Money
01-02-2009, 06:51 PM
Do you have what it takes to be great? Test what your body is capable of achieving. Use Tuten’s 10-week progression to condition yourself and your teammates for next season.

I was gonna try this, but then I pulled my groin.

I guess I can't be great.

~G

Nature Boy
01-02-2009, 06:53 PM
Well, maybe not - it could be the players not doing what they should be doing: Maybe no more Rod Smiths on the team.

http://magazine.stack.com/TheIssue/Article/2917/Conditioning_for_Football_with_the_Denver_Broncos. aspx

Conditioning is one aspect of the game you can control,” Tuten says. “Each individual is in control of his conditioning level, because it simply comes down to putting forth the effort. It has nothing to do with God-given ability or talent. Losing a starting job to a teammate or a game because the other guy is better than you is one thing. But if you lose because the other guy outworked you and is in better shape than you, then shame on you.”

Conditioning isn’t easy; in fact, it will probably be the toughest part of your training. But in the end, you’ll look back on it as a growing process, physically and mentally. Tuten says, “There is a mental aspect of being able to push yourself out of body. Everyone is their own worst enemy when they listen to themselves. The mind is saying no, but the body can do a whole lot more. When you tell yourself, ‘Oh my God, I can’t do it. I can’t take another step. I’m going to fall down or throw up,’ but you keep going, that is what I mean when I say ‘out of body’.”

PREVENTING INJURIES

“Being able to stay on the move when you are tired helps you get out of the way of pileups and prevents someone from falling on your legs.”

MAINTAINING FOCUS

“A lot of missed assignments result from guys being so tired that they can’t remember what they are supposed to do. When you aren’t preoccupied with how tired you are, you can focus on your block, route and every other aspect of the game.”

LATE OPPORTUNITIES

“Late in the game or during fourth quarter comebacks, conditioning helps you take advantage of opportunities when they come. If you happen to break a long run or make an interception return and have to go 70 or 80 yards to win it, you have to be in shape.”

Wide receiver Rod Smith decided to take control of his conditioning and, as a result, transformed his game. During his 12 year career with the Broncos, Smith has never missed an off-season workout (April through July)—that’s 56 workouts a year. The 35-year old specimen—an annual Pro Bowl selection who holds Bronco records for touchdowns, yards and catches—still makes younger guys look silly. Conditioning was once Smith’s weakness, but now he uses it as a means to break records.

“Rod came from a small college and had to learn how to push himself to the max. He realized that he needed to push past the point where things start to hurt without backing off,” Tuten says. “I have seen him go past that point so many times. I’ve seen him fall down and just lie there on the ground on his back—and he couldn’t move for 10 minutes. That is how he learned what his body could do. The great ones can do that.”

THE RUNDOWN

Going out and running a mile won’t make you a better or faster football player. “All it’s going to do is make you better at running a mile,” Tuten says. “Football is anaerobic. A pro game averages 60 to 70 plays consisting of six second bursts. That’s about six minutes of total work.”

Tuten has constructed a training program to develop both linear and change-of-direction conditioning to match this tempo. The Broncos’ progression begins with longer sprints to build speed endurance until Tuten decreases the distances as they get into better shape.

He allows a 3:1 recovery at the beginning, then shortens it to 2:1 between sprints, with 3- to 5-minute rests between sets. Do you have what it takes to be great? Test what your body is capable of achieving. Use Tuten’s 10-week progression to condition yourself and your teammates for next season.

Great find Carol.

Keep Tuten if he's really practicing his preaching.

Zweems56
01-02-2009, 07:00 PM
I was gonna try this, but then I pulled my groin.

I guess I can't be great.

~G

G, you get the gold star for the day. Hilarious

LoyalSoldier
01-02-2009, 07:50 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_11352646

As far as many Broncos assistant coaches are concerned, they've all been fired, including that incompetent, ignorant, stupid, brainless, heartless, gutless, witless, senseless, unhelpful, pitiful, awful, terrible, slow, planless, exodumerous mornicus maximus, joke of a defensive cordinator Slowik , with the exception of strength and conditioning coach Rich Tuten. The team will also make a concerted effort to keep offensive coach Jeremy Bates, who has received a formal endorsement from quarterback Jay Cutler.
Edited for accuracy. ;)

Dean
01-02-2009, 08:07 PM
None of the coaches has a job but Tuten? He may have been one of the more incompetent people- a vertual cornucopia or groin and hammy tears.

I am glad they picked up offensive tackle Oldenburg. He was one heck of a TE in high school but 310 pounds now. Unless we stay with the zone blocking scheme he is a little light. Maybe, this an indication that we will. I hope so. Our O-line was our strongest unit this season.

NameUsedBefore
01-02-2009, 08:26 PM
Surely they will keep Bobby Turner. That would be the biggest mistake to let him go, even more so than losing Bates.

dogfish
01-02-2009, 08:44 PM
not surprising that most of us are in agreement-- turner should stay, tuten needs to go! i'd also like to see them keep dennison and steve watson. . . .

1. PREVENTING INJURIES

see, right from the horse's mouth. . . . :huh:

Northman
01-02-2009, 08:46 PM

PREVENTING INJURIES

MAINTAINING FOCUS

LATE OPPORTUNITIES

THE RUNDOWN

If that is truly the case there are a LOT of players who need to be cut.

Medford Bronco
01-02-2009, 08:54 PM
Why cant the new coach pick his own staff.

Sorry but he should be able to, just like Shanny did in 95

I think we need to give the new coach some slack and let
him prove himself. We might be suprised what happens.

I hope he does well and gets us back to where we belong
a condender for a Super Bowl and we have not been there
since 2005 and that season was more of an abberation
that the constant lately.

LRtagger
01-02-2009, 09:28 PM
If that is truly the case there are a LOT of players who need to be cut.

I would take it with a grain of salt. You think Champ isnt one of the harder workers on the team? Is it a coincidence that RB after RB went down throughout the year? Selvin supposedly worked harder this offseason than any other time in his life.

Yea a lot of conditioning should be put on the players to push themselves to get into shape....but if you put ALL of the blame on the players for keeping themselves in proper condition, then why even have a conditioning coach to begin with? There are plenty of workout's posted online for free...why are we paying a guy hundreds of thousands to write a workout and then say "ok guys, go do this workout...im going home. If you get hurt this year its your own fault"

Tuten should be held accountable just like Mike was held accountable. 16 or whatever guys on IR isnt just bad luck.

lex
01-02-2009, 09:34 PM
Why cant the new coach pick his own staff.

Sorry but he should be able to, just like Shanny did in 95

I think we need to give the new coach some slack and let
him prove himself. We might be suprised what happens.

I hope he does well and gets us back to where we belong
a condender for a Super Bowl and we have not been there
since 2005 and that season was more of an abberation
that the constant lately.

Why? For the same reason that some would want to come here...we already have the beginnings of a decent offense including a promising QB. Thats the trade off. If we had all garbage, it would make sense to give him that kind of freedom. But since we already have personnel in place that has skillsets specific to ZBS, it makes sense that Bowlen would want to protect what he has invested in the offense.

Northman
01-02-2009, 09:37 PM
I would take it with a grain of salt. You think Champ isnt one of the harder workers on the team?

You want my honest opinion? No

Its been said more times than not that both Champ and Lynch said it was like paradise in Denver because the workouts werent that hard. That too me is troublesome. Now of course i blame the HC for allowing players to become that content with that kind of laid back approach but no i dont think Champ is a workout warrior.

Northman
01-02-2009, 09:38 PM
Tuten should be held accountable just like Mike was held accountable. 16 or whatever guys on IR isnt just bad luck.

For the record i think Tuten should go. But, his reasoning was that the players werent doing the things necessary to keep themselves in tip top shape. I was playing devil's advocate.

PatricktheDookie
01-02-2009, 09:41 PM
Yeah, Selvin Young should have conditioned that disc in his neck better.

LoyalSoldier
01-02-2009, 09:55 PM

Some of them were freak accidents that no amount of conditioning would have helped. Hillis especially. Not too many players would walk away unharmed.

Tned
01-02-2009, 10:15 PM
Some of them were freak accidents that no amount of conditioning would have helped. Hillis especially. Not too many players would walk away unharmed.

While there is no question there were a few too many groin and hamstring pulls, whether a factor of luck or conditioning, there is no doubt that virtually all the RB injuries were freak accidents, or otherwise not conditioning related.

Shazam!
01-02-2009, 10:35 PM
Keep Turner, Bates, Dennison. Everyone else can go, Tuten, Slowik and all on defense.

Braxton called Shanahan looking for a job on Monday before he was fired. I think ex-Broncos should be plentiful on staff.

skycoyote
01-02-2009, 10:44 PM
I agree with Shazam. I think Spag is our man. Spag has a good petigree he learned under Jim Johnson from Philly. But what if Spag doesn't want to keep them? I think any OC can score points with our offense.

LRtagger
01-03-2009, 09:21 AM

Yea I forgot about his injury after he had already missed 7 weeks with a groin pull.

How many guys missed games this year because of a strained groin? Too many.

pnbronco
01-03-2009, 11:11 AM
Surely they will keep Bobby Turner. That would be the biggest mistake to let him go, even more so than losing Bates.

They have to keep Turner. I can understanding wanting to keep Cutler comfortable with his coach, but Turner is the person that has made so many RB look good in Denver IMO.

hamrob
01-03-2009, 11:53 AM
It's smart to keep Tuten. Why? Because guys are probably still working out and others are rehabbing. So, keep the guy who works them through their programs...at least until you hire a new coach.

Then the new coach can deal with whether or not to replace him.

That's my thoughts on why he was retained.

hamrob
01-03-2009, 11:56 AM
Letting Turner go is absolutely assinine! But, then again, we could say the same thing about letting Shanny go. Looks like Bowlen wants a clean break.

My guess is that wherever Shanny turns up...this year or next...the first guy he brings with him will be Bobby Turner. The 2nd guy if he's cut loose will be Rick Dennison.

Dennison to implement the ZBS to perfection and Turner to teach his stable of backs how to churn out 1,000 yard seasons and look scary even though they're really just cupcakes!

hamrob
01-03-2009, 12:04 PM
One more thought on this topic. The life-long fan in me, says it is totally crazy to let coaches like Turner and Dennison just walk away...but the realist in me examines the situation further.

Both Turner and Dennison have been with the Broncos for 14 yrs...as long as Shanny. They are Shanahan Loyalists. Sure, Bowlen would like to keep guys like that...but in the NFL...assistant coaches are tied to headcoaches. Even if Bowlen wanted to keep guys like these...they would want to be with Shanny...and the next head coach would wonder where they're loyalties lied.

I think this is kind of the natural way of things when these type of events occur. Bowlen is doing the right thing letting them all know that they can persue work elsewhere.

That doesn't prevent him from telling his new coach....I don't think they get any better than Turner...and then the new coach approaching Turner about staying. Different scenario...different loyalty factor...when you have the option.

Tned
01-03-2009, 03:08 PM
It all depends on the new coach. If we get an offensive minded coach in here, he might completely revamp the offense. Scrap the ZBS, switch to a power running game, pulling guards, or whatever. Dennison's line work (basically, he is the O-line coach) and Turner's RB work, might not fit with what the new coach wants.

It's important to remember that the Broncos we know now, is the creation of Mike Shanahan and Alex Gibbs. Gibbs left years ago, now Shanahan is gone, so while it would continue with Dennison, Turner and Bates, it is also very possible that those guys are gone and our offense of '09 and '10 may look nothing like we have been used to over the last 14 years.

G_Money
01-03-2009, 03:10 PM
It's important to remember that the Broncos we know now, is the creation of Mike Shanahan and Alex Gibbs and Gary Kubiak. Gibbs and Kubiak left years ago, now Shanahan is gone, so while it would continue with Dennison, Turner and Bates, it is also very possible that those guys are gone and our offense of '09 and '10 may look nothing like we have been used to over the last 14 years.

Fixed that for you. That was our trifecta.

~G

Tned
01-03-2009, 03:13 PM

~G

I intentionally left Kubiak out, because I believe Kubiak was an 'implementor' of Shanahan and Gibb's offense, rather than a creator, much like Dennison and Turner would be if they stayed on.

Back in '05 I was slammed left and right for even having the gall to suggest Kubiak was calling the plays, as most fans were still stating that Shanahan called the plays, and he just gave Kubiak credit because he was a 'friend' a 'crony' as some would call him.

We do know that the ZBS and line coaching came from Gibbs. We know the WCO and scripted plays came from Shanahan and San Francisco. It is hard to say what, if any, real impact Kubiak had on the offense as it was being defined in the late '90s.

G_Money
01-03-2009, 03:21 PM
I intentionally left Kubiak out, because I believe Kubiak was an 'implementor' of Shanahan and Gibb's offense, rather than a creator, much like Dennison and Turner would be if they stayed on.

Back in '05 I was slammed left and right for even having the gall to suggest Kubiak was calling the plays, as most fans were still stating that Shanahan called the plays, and he just gave Kubiak credit because he was a 'friend' a 'crony' as some would call him.

We do know that the ZBS and line coaching came from Gibbs. We know the WCO and scripted plays came from Shanahan and San Francisco. It is hard to say what, if any, real impact Kubiak had on the offense as it was being defined in the late '90s.

I suppose. I just find it convenient that we went to the AFC championship game with Jake Plummer and became a mediocre team the next 3 years without Kubes. I wouldn't want to give him short shrift on the project he was around to put together with Shanahan and Gibbs.

~G

TXBRONC
01-03-2009, 03:23 PM

~G

I agree with Tned, Kubiak ran what Shanahan created.

Medford Bronco
01-03-2009, 03:27 PM
I still think that a new coach should bring in his own people.

Cutler has not exactly been great in this offense.
He might benefit better from one that has more balance
One that has the run set up the pass, not vice versa like
this one has. Maybe that was not the intention but
that is how it has worked out.

I think this offense at times was great, however it was
far from invincible and if the new coach want to go
in a different direction then they should be able to.

Just my humble opinon that most do not share here.
Oh well, its not like I am going to be the next coach lol

Personally I would love an offense like the G men have.
Power running with a controlled passing attack.

You need the personel to do that but I think it can be
done, esp if we bring Spagnuolo in.

Tned
01-03-2009, 03:31 PM
I suppose. I just find it convenient that we went to the AFC championship game with Jake Plummer and became a mediocre team the next 3 years without Kubes. I wouldn't want to give him short shrift on the project he was around to put together with Shanahan and Gibbs.

~G

Hey, I agree completely. I could provide you with a bunch of threads where I took major heat during 2005 for suggesting that Kubiak was anything but a show piece.

It was so bad that when I even provided quotes from Shanahan where he said Kubiak called the plays, long time, quality posters, were responding that Shanahan simply said that to make Kubiak look good, because they were friends.

I think the reality lies somewhere in between, and this is only an educated guess, having watched (all on TV unfortunately), every Broncos game since '85.

I think it was clearly Gibbs and Shanahan's offense (probably why Kubiak didn't get any real head coaching consideration after back to back Super Bowls). Shanahan called the plays and ran the offense into the early '00s. At some point, he pushed off both the play calling and game planning to Kubiak. Likely around '04 or so, maybe when Plummer came in and Kubiak worked closely with Plummer.

You could even see it a bit in the game planning. There was less use of really creative formations. Less new formations every week. Back in the early '90s, we would see one or two new formations every week. They would typically run variations of the same plays, but would do it out of new formations.

My guess, is that around the time when the formation creativity slowed a bit, is probably around when the offense was handed to Kubiak. Regardless, my guess is that Kubiak was running the offense for at least 2-3 years prior to his leaving. When he left, Heimderding took over the play calling/game planning, which is why there was such a dramatic change from the 2005 AFCCG to the opening week of 2006.

Anyway, I think fans 'should have' wanted Kubiak, but if Shanahan had been fired after the 2005 AFCCG, I think most fans would have opted for Holmgren.

TXBRONC
01-03-2009, 03:39 PM
Hey, I agree completely. I could provide you with a bunch of threads where I took major heat during 2005 for suggesting that Kubiak was anything but a show piece.

It was so bad that when I even provided quotes from Shanahan where he said Kubiak called the plays, long time, quality posters, were responding that Shanahan simply said that to make Kubiak look good, because they were friends.

I think the reality lies somewhere in between, and this is only an educated guess, having watched (all on TV unfortunately), every Broncos game since '85.

I think it was clearly Gibbs and Shanahan's offense (probably why Kubiak didn't get any real head coaching consideration after back to back Super Bowls). Shanahan called the plays and ran the offense into the early '00s. At some point, he pushed off both the play calling and game planning to Kubiak. Likely around '04 or so, maybe when Plummer came in and Kubiak worked closely with Plummer.

You could even see it a bit in the game planning. There was less use of really creative formations. Less new formations every week. Back in the early '90s, we would see one or two new formations every week. They would typically run variations of the same plays, but would do it out of new formations.

My guess, is that around the time when the formation creativity slowed a bit, is probably around when the offense was handed to Kubiak. Regardless, my guess is that Kubiak was running the offense for at least 2-3 years prior to his leaving. When he left, Heimderding took over the play calling/game planning, which is why there was such a dramatic change from the 2005 AFCCG to the opening week of 2006.

Anyway, I think fans 'should have' wanted Kubiak, but if Shanahan had been fired after the 2005 AFCCG, I think most fans would have opted for Holmgren.

If we had been faced with that scenario in 2005 I would have preferred Kubiak.

Tned
01-03-2009, 03:58 PM
If we had been faced with that scenario in 2005 I would have preferred Kubiak.

You might have, but you know most of the people posting on Mania in '04/'05 didn't feel that Kubiak really ran the offense.

Dean
01-03-2009, 05:57 PM
I still think that a new coach should bring in his own people.

Cutler has not exactly been great in this offense.
He might benefit better from one that has more balance
One that has the run set up the pass, not vice versa like
this one has. Maybe that was not the intention but
that is how it has worked out.

I think this offense at times was great, however it was
far from invincible and if the new coach want to go
in a different direction then they should be able to.

I believe that had he not had so many fumbles early, and so many interceptions the last two years, he would have been great. He could have used more time observing and learning the game.

The team was averaging just short of 400 yards a game this year. I'm not sure what your determination of great is but they were very good this year. Very few teams any year reach that level. With a running game, I would call it great.

Just my humble opinon that most do not share here.
Oh well, its not like I am going to be the next coach lol

Personally I would love an offense like the G men have.
Power running with a controlled passing attack.

To have a power running game like the Giants would require a much different O-line than we currently have. We would have to release our interior line and attempt to get bigger, more powerful linemen. I believe that a true run blocking fullback would have to be aquired.

When you couple those needs with the multiple needs on the defensive side of the ball, I wonder how long it would take even with good drafts and limited free agency to fill them all. I'm beginning to think that may be just what we are about to find out though.

You need the personel to do that but I think it can be
done, esp if we bring Spagnuolo in.

Lonestar
01-03-2009, 06:49 PM
I'm a firm beliver that the new HC should be able to hire the coaches they want...

If they are top notch then they need their "boy" watching that portion of the game..
If you do not trust then why are we hiring them...

TXBRONC
01-03-2009, 06:54 PM
You might have, but you know most of the people posting on Mania in '04/'05 didn't feel that Kubiak really ran the offense.

I believe did call alot of plays maybe even entire games but Shanahan wasn't a hands off kind of coach when came running the offense.

Tned
01-03-2009, 07:06 PM
I believe did call alot of plays maybe even entire games but Shanahan wasn't a hands off kind of coach when came running the offense.

Many of the "long time" posters on Mania refused to admit that Kubiak even called 'some' games. Anyway, it's history now, but a lot of people will want to revise that history. :D

Lonestar
01-07-2009, 01:18 PM
W
Many of the "long time" posters on Mania refused to admit that Kubiak even called 'some' games. Anyway, it's history now, but a lot of people will want to revise that history. :D
Gary used mikeys playbook to call the game made the call and mikey called it in to Jay. So the qiestion really was