PDA

View Full Version : Broncos offense will move more quickly this week

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 01:22 PM
Posted by Mike Florio on October 30, 2011, 1:26 PM EDT

Despite the outcome of last week’s game in Miami, the Broncos’ offense sputtered and stalled for much of the affair, with quarterback Tim Tebow not doing much until the Dolphins built a 15-point lead. This week, the offense may still sputter and stall, but it’ll move more quickly between plays.

Ed Werder of ESPN reported this morning that the Broncos offense will employ a faster tempo. They’ll come in and out of the huddle more quickly, and a quicker attack will be used, since the belief is that it better meshes with Tebow’s style

READ THE FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/10/30/broncos-offense-will-move-more-quickly-this-week/

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 01:24 PM
Broncos have switched offense for Tebow, installing more of a college style -- they have put in stuff from different college offenses and even asked for players' input in devising new attack for Tebow
--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Posted by: JayGlazer using Ubersocial

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 01:25 PM
Sweet. Dumbing down the playbook because of the quarterback...

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 01:28 PM
Glazer quaoted John Fox as saying, "It will either revolutionize the game or set it back years"

Very interesting. It seems like Fox is 100% behind Tebow and is willing to change up the whole offense to fit his playing style. I think thats why guys like Llyod wanted out.

This might be what the wildcat was a few years ago. When the wildcat came into the NFL it caught them all off guard and forced defenses to change. By changing to more of a spread/shutgun/hurry up style offense I think we are going to catch alot of defenses with their pants down.

Davii
10-30-2011, 01:31 PM

I don't know MO. Is it dumbing it down, or is it playing to the team strengths? If they eliminate pocket passing I would agree, but if they simply add more plays that take advantage of Tim's strengths then I can't agree.

You do the best you can with what you have. I like the faster tempo. We're at altitude, make their defense run, wear them down, take advantage of the thin air...

Tned
10-30-2011, 01:32 PM
They were saying they did some of that in Carolina this year. The OC looked at what Cam did well in Auburn and incorporated some of that in the Panther's playbook this year.

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 01:32 PM

No, its using Tebows strengths. I think it will only be good for our offense.

It doesnt mean we are not using any other type of offense but using in time of need.

Heck, most of the fans have been complaining about McCoys play calling any way and thats BEFORE Tebow.

I mean fans hate McCoys play calling and then you hate when they adjust or switch it up? Give them credit for adapting and evolving to the teams best strengths.

getlynched47
10-30-2011, 01:33 PM

There's a big difference between dumbing down the playbook and modifying the playbook to suit your quarterbacks strengths :coffee:

Tned
10-30-2011, 01:35 PM
I don't know MO. Is it dumbing it down, or is it playing to the team strengths? If they eliminate pocket passing I would agree, but if they simply add more plays that take advantage of Tim's strengths then I can't agree.

You do the best you can with what you have. I like the faster tempo. We're at altitude, make their defense run, wear them down, take advantage of the thin air...

Yea, I'm torn. A lot will depend on what we see and how the team plays with it. If they switch to a Wildcat, QB option type offense, then I probably won't be on board -- even if there is some success.

If they just go with more shotgun, 4 WR/spread type sets, that's still play-action/pass based, then I could be on board.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2011, 01:35 PM

If the only team offensive strength is a second year project QB who has shown nothing consistent but an inability to move the ball throughout the flow of the game then this organization is even worse off than anyone wants to admit.

I hope Tebow succeeds, and he's shown to be tough and resilient at the end of games and in crunch time which is a great thing, but he hasn't shown any ability to be a strength whatsoever, or even any ability of continued improvement in the passing attack.

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 01:36 PM
When you revert a pro offense to a college offense because your quarterback can't run the pro offense, you're dumbing it down.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 01:38 PM

Getting harder and harder to read your posts.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoAV06
10-30-2011, 01:41 PM
When you revert a pro offense to a college offense because your quarterback can't run the pro offense, you're dumbing it down.

So what if they are? Do you not want them to try and win now with what they have on the roster?

Jagsbch
10-30-2011, 01:42 PM
Glazer quaoted John Fox as saying, "It will either revolutionize the game or set it back years"

Very interesting. It seems like Fox is 100% behind Tebow...

Fox is such an arrogant dufous. Since when is running the spread revolutionizing the game?

What took so long to get 100% behind the QB? People raging about the 5 passing attempts Tebow recorded in the first half last week?

Fox is a kook who is doing nothing more than placating to the pressure that requires him to revolve the offense around Tebow, rather than sabotage him with an offense that hung his passing game out to dry lst week.

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 01:43 PM
They were saying they did some of that in Carolina this year. The OC looked at what Cam did well in Auburn and incorporated some of that in the Panther's playbook this year.

Carolina has been able to insert some of those college plays, zone-read an option, because Newton can complete passes like he did today for a touchdown.

Tebow is going to have to be able to throw the football consistently for those plays to work at all.

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 01:46 PM
So what if they are? Do you not want them to try and win now with what they have on the roster?

In my mind it just continues to hinder any kind of development he might have.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 01:48 PM
How about we wait and see exactly what it is before making any judgement?

Good lord.

BroncoAV06
10-30-2011, 01:49 PM

That is a good point.

Yes he needs to advance his game but at what pace do you do that? The coaches have to put the team in a place to do well and build of that. If you force Tebow into a pocket passer and just let him hand off I don't see how that advances him either.

Interested to see what this "new" game plan will look like today.

PAINTERDAVE
10-30-2011, 01:51 PM

disagree.

I think if the kid is allwoed to do what he does well.

wins... and gets the team operating as a unit..
has some success..

then he gains confidence and over time..
as he gets better.. he develops those additional skills.

This season is far from over...
and forcing Tim to stand imoblile in the pocket game after game is not smart.

he will develop his abilities over time.

This aint about making Tim look pretty like so many want.

it is about winning and moving forward.

Northman
10-30-2011, 01:51 PM
I think Tebow has a lot to prove but i agree with MO. When i look across the league you dont see teams totally re-adjusting their offenses for their QB's. It may work and i expect to see a much better performance from Tebow today but if not im not sure he will be the answer for us.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 01:52 PM
I think Tebow has a lot to prove but i agree with MO. When i look across the league you dont see teams totally re-adjusting their offenses for their QB's. It may work and i expect to see a much better performance from Tebow today but if not im not sure he will be the answer for us.

Are you serious? Teams don't adjust their playbook for a QB?

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 01:53 PM
OR,

How about we play Tebow with what fits him best while he molds into a more complete QB?

Ever think of that?

No?

Ok then we will just suck the rest of the year. :coffee:

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 01:54 PM
That is a good point.

Yes he needs to advance his game but at what pace do you do that? The coaches have to put the team in a place to do well and build of that. If you force Tebow into a pocket passer and just let him hand off I don't see how that advances him either.

Interested to see what this "new" game plan will look like today.

I'm interested too.

I'm not sure why I have to have blind optimism to post here though, Joe. I don't know what judgments I've made at all. It's true that Tebow is going to have to throw the football well to be successful.

HORSEPOWER 56

Exactly. The Panthers have completely redesigned their playbook for Newton. Williams/Stewart fantasy fans aren't happy, but their offense is dangerous.

Davii
You know, something else just occurred to me...

I think that little blurb about asking the players for thoughts could wind up being brilliant. it will give the players ownership of the results. People tend to work harder towards a common goal when there is more than a paycheck on the line. Leadership 101, involve everyone in decisions, it makes people feel like partners, like they have a stake in the future rather than just feeling like an employee.

We might see more effort and "pop" overall throughout the whole team.

DenBronx
Oh geez, Drew Brees is taking a big fat dump on my fantasy team today.

Northman
10-30-2011, 01:55 PM

Not as drastically as they have Tebow. Im sure teams will tweak it one way or another but to install a college offense? Ive never seen that before. Ever.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 01:56 PM
I'm interested too.

I'm not sure why I have to have blind optimism to post here though, Joe. I don't know what judgments I've made at all. It's true that Tebow is going to have to throw the football well to be successful.

You don't, but to make assumptions before even seeing anything is just pure pessimism. Something I personally don't subscribe to.

Northman
10-30-2011, 01:57 PM
Exactly. The Panthers have completely redesigned their playbook for Newton. Williams/Stewart fantasy fans aren't happy, but their offense is dangerous.

This is incorrect. The Panthers havent changed their scheme HP, they just have a QB who can actually MAKE the passes now. Why do you think Steve Smith is so happy all of a sudden?

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 01:58 PM
Not as drastically as they have Tebow. Im sure teams will tweak it one way or another but to install a college offense? Ive never seen that before. Ever.

What do we have to lose?

I highly doubt Fox will sway Tebow away from being a complete QB. But I think he wants to see more of him and what he does best. This year will be a complete evaluation.

And lets face it, if Fox bends everything and tweaks alot of stuff to give Tebow "the best chance to win" and he fails miserably then you can't say he didn't exhaust every opportunity for Tim.

Tned
Carolina has been able to insert some of those college plays, zone-read an option, because Newton can complete passes like he did today for a touchdown.

Tebow is going to have to be able to throw the football consistently for those plays to work at all.

Fully agree. I've been consistent in my belief that while the coaching could do some things to make his transition easier, ultimately he's the one that needs to make all the throws an NFL QB is expected to make -- and do it consistently.

BroncoJoe

I didn't see anyone but Glazer mention a college style offense. How about we wait and see? Some of the comments have been just plain stupid at this point.

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 02:00 PM

How can we possibly know that? It's a completely new coaching staff. And from what I've seen its a pro-style offense.

Northman
10-30-2011, 02:01 PM
What do we have to lose?

I highly doubt Fox will sway Tebow away from being a complete QB. But I think he wants to see more of him and what he does best. This year will be a complete evaluation.

And lets face it, if Fox bends everything and tweaks alot of stuff to give Tebow "the best chance to win" and he fails miserably then you can't say he didn't exhaust every opportunity for Tim.

Hey, its not about what we have to lose. Its just im starting to lose faith more and more that he will be the answer at QB. Could prove me wrong which i hope but the more as time goes on the less confident that i am he will be a complete QB.

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 02:01 PM
Clearly Newton is well ahead of the game from the pocket compared to Tebow.

BroncoAV06
10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
The Panthers have played to Newtons abilities but he can spin it. Letting him use his atheltic ability in a few options and in the red zone only makes him that much better.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2011, 02:02 PM
Clearly Newton is well ahead of the game from the pocket compared to Tebow.

Newton, along with a plethora of other rookies and 2nd year players. I don't think that's an issue to really worry about, but Tebow better start showing some progression in the passing game, and soon.

Northman
10-30-2011, 02:04 PM
I didn't see anyone but Glazer mention a college style offense. How about we wait and see? Some of the comments have been just plain stupid at this point.

So, your simply stating we cant at least talk about it? We have no choice but to see if it works or not but i dont understand why people arent allowed to at least challenge the thinking?

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 02:05 PM
Hey, its not about what we have to lose. Its just im starting to lose faith more and more that he will be the answer at QB. Could prove me wrong which i hope but the more as time goes on the less confident that i am he will be a complete QB.

I can see why you would think that. I have concerns as well. He has one of the worst throwing motions I have ever seen. I mean it was painfull to watch him the first 55 minutes against Mia. Everytime he threw it I winced thinking it was going to get picked. Even the throw he threw to Fells was a duck!

Lets just see what the kid can do the rest of the year though. Its not like fans are screaming for Orton to come back and give us a chance. And why isnt Orton working more with Tim anyway? I mean at least EARN the 9 million Kyle!

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 02:06 PM
So, your simply stating we cant at least talk about it? We have no choice but to see if it works or not but i dont understand why people arent allowed to at least challenge the thinking?

What do you have to challenge?

It sucks that every coveted QB ever has run a "college" offense.

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 02:07 PM

Yeah but Glazer is a better source than a heresay. And he actually quoted our head coach, Fox.

So I believe it. Plus it's also inline with the initial report I posted at the very top.

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 02:09 PM
Fox is such an arrogant dufous. Since when is running the spread revolutionizing the game?

What took so long to get 100% behind the QB? People raging about the 5 passing attempts Tebow recorded in the first half last week?

Fox is a kook who is doing nothing more than placating to the pressure that requires him to revolve the offense around Tebow, rather than sabotage him with an offense that hung his passing game out to dry lst week.

You just love to twist everything don't you?

Even when the whole team and coaches are behind Tebow you just love to find something negitive.

Northman
10-30-2011, 02:10 PM
What do you have to challenge?

It sucks that every coveted QB ever has run a "college" offense.

Not at the pro level. Not exclusively. That is what im challenging for the moment.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 02:14 PM
We don't know what it is. There is, as of right now, nothing to challenge.

I swear. Its like a bunch of people sttting around bitching about who took the last beer out of the cooler when there's a damn case in the fridge.

Northman
10-30-2011, 02:16 PM
We don't know what it is. There is, as of right now, nothing to challenge.

I swear. Its like a bunch of people sttting around bitching about who took the last beer out of the cooler when there's a damn case in the fridge.

Thats because the idiot who took the beer out of the cooler took the last heineken.

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 02:17 PM
Thats because the idiot who took the beer out of the cooler took the last heineken.

Lol. Now I see your problem :)

HORSEPOWER 56
10-30-2011, 02:18 PM
How can we possibly know that? It's a completely new coaching staff. And from what I've seen its a pro-style offense.

Do you watch pre-game shows at all? They have talked to the Panther's OC several times who has clearly stated that they've revamped the offense to play to Newton's strengths. No, they aren't using the Auburn playbook, but they are deliberately building a playbook around film of Cam from college.

I'm still of the mindset that Tebow needs to learn our current playbook and become a better passer without "dumbing it down" for him, but if giving him a couple more shotgun snaps a game and allowing him to throw safe, high percentage passes early on helps his confidence and his development, then I'm all for it!

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 02:19 PM
If we win the damn game, I'm all for it.

Tned
10-30-2011, 02:19 PM

I prefer Stella to Heineken.

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 02:20 PM
Do you watch pre-game shows at all? They have talked to the Panther's OC several times who has clearly stated that they've revamped the offense to play to Newton's strengths. No, they aren't using the Auburn playbook, but they are deliberately building a playbook around film of Cam from college.

I'm still of the mindset that Tebow needs to learn our current playbook and become a better passer without "dumbing it down" for him, but if giving him a couple more shotgun snaps a game and allowing him to throw safe, high percentage passes early on helps his confidence and his development, then I'm all for it!

I don't care what the OC says. I'm watching Cam Newton make the throws. I'm watching Tebow not make the throws.

MOtorboat
10-30-2011, 02:21 PM
If we win the damn game, I'm all for it.

So what is an acceptable topic to discuss?

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 02:21 PM
I don't care what the OC says. I'm watching Cam Newton make the throws. I'm watching Tebow not make the throws.

I didn't realize Newton hasn't thrown a bad pass or incompletion yet.

DenBronx
10-30-2011, 02:23 PM

Quinn gives us the best chance to win? :confused:

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 02:27 PM

You can talk about anything you want. Just like I can express my opinion as well

I Eat Staples
10-30-2011, 02:38 PM
Getting harder and harder to read your posts.

The truth hurts, doesn't it?

BroncoJoe
10-30-2011, 02:44 PM
The truth hurts, doesn't it?

You can't handle the truth!