PDA

View Full Version : Jim Fassel's 2 cents.

Bullgator
10-30-2011, 02:42 AM
Fassel is a fan.

"Look back at Aaron Rodgers. He had a weird throwing motion, and most of the experts said he couldn't play. I said then when I was doing the national radio broadcasts on the Monday night games that Aaron would become the best quarterback in the league. The same experts say Tebow can't play, but I think they're wrong.

Read more: Woody Paige: Veteran coach Jim Fassel a fan of Tim Tebow - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_19225621?source=rss#ixzz1cFTsPb6w
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content:

Watchthemiddle
10-30-2011, 03:00 AM
Fassel recruited Elway to Stanford and was hired in 1993 by then Broncos coach Wade Phillips​ to work with Elway in Denver. Elway had his only 4,000-yard passing season under Fassel, who was owner Pat Bowlen​'s backup choice for coach in 1996 if Mike Shanahan​ declined to take over. Fassel wound up with the Giants, replacing ex-Broncos coach Dan Reeves​, and took them, with Fox by his side, to the Super Bowl in 2001. If Fassel had been hired here this year, he planned to make Fox his defensive coordinator again.

I think Fassel should be hired this off season as the QB coach. Does anyone know who the Broncos QB coach is this year?? Adam Gase - hired as the Broncos WR coach 2009-2010??? WHAT? Now the QB coach?? Let's get an experienced QB coach in here.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Adam-Gase/cc4c3c3f-8bb4-41b0-bb63-9788bf10b751

FanInAZ
10-30-2011, 03:44 AM
I think Fassel should be hired this off season as the QB coach. Does anyone know who the Broncos QB coach is this year?? Adam Gase - hired as the Broncos WR coach 2009-2010??? WHAT? Now the QB coach?? Let's get an experienced QB coach in here.

http://www.denverbroncos.com/team/coaches/Adam-Gase/cc4c3c3f-8bb4-41b0-bb63-9788bf10b751

Actually, he does have QB coaching experience. From the link you provided:

Before joining the Broncos, Gase was an offensive assistant for San Francisco in 2008 after coaching three seasons (2005-07) with Detroit, including serving as the club’s quarterbacks coach during the 2007 campaign.

The Lions started of 6-2 in 2007...

...and then lost 6 straight & 7 of their last 8 to lay a foundation for their 0-16 2008 season. If it weren't for them upsetting KC in the 2nd to last game of 2007, their losing streak would have been would have been 26 games (That streak wasn’t snapped until the 3rd game of the 2009 season). However, he with the 49ers (who finished 7-9 in 2008) during the Lions’ 2008 debacle of a season, so he can't be held responsible for that. The combined records of the teams he's coached is 36-66 in 6 1/2 seasons including 1 in which his team reached .500.

:D Therefore, it’s not actually accurate for you to say he has no experience. :D

Watchthemiddle
10-30-2011, 06:34 AM
I didn't say he didn't have experience...I am just questioning his experience, especially being that he was "demoted" from QB coach for the Lions to WR coach with broncos. I know McD had a lot to do with it and wanted his bro to coach the QB's, but It seems to me like we need someone with YEARS of experience that knows how to coach a young QB like Tebow to work on the things he needs to work on.

BroncoStud
10-30-2011, 09:40 AM
Jim must be begging for a HC gig here in Denver again.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2011, 10:44 AM
SMH

Rogers has never had a weird throwing motion. His knock was his motion was to "mechanical", and wouldn't work in the NFL because things would close a lot quicker than college.

There is also 1 significantly HUGE difference between Rogers and Tebow. Rogers has actually proved himself. At a SuperBowl MVP level. The only thing Tebow has proved is he has a lot of question marks, and has shown 0 progression from last year to this year.

I will say this again. Did Tebow even play at all last year? It didn't look like it.

silkamilkamonico
10-30-2011, 10:45 AM

No. Fassel's colossal failure in Baltimore shows he's somewhat of a fluke of QB knowledge.

G_Money
10-30-2011, 11:49 AM
I could very easily see Fassel in here if McCoy can't work it out with Tebow and they decide to go with Tebow as the starter. Like they said, he knows Fox and Elway very well.

This is him confirming that he believes Tim can be a QB in this league and that he'd have an idea of how he could facilitate that, which puts him somewhere between one and two steps up on McCoy IMO.

It would not shock me AT ALL to have Fassel back in Denver to coach Tebow.

~G

Davii
10-30-2011, 12:44 PM
We definitely need a good qb coach to help bring Tim along. I would hope it was Elway, but playing and coaching are two different things, Elway might not be the man for it.

FanInAZ
10-30-2011, 03:53 PM
I didn't say he didn't have experience...I am just questioning his experience, especially being that he was "demoted" from QB coach for the Lions to WR coach with broncos. I know McD had a lot to do with it and wanted his bro to coach the QB's, but It seems to me like we need someone with YEARS of experience that knows how to coach a young QB like Tebow to work on the things he needs to work on.

Actually, all of the experience that I pointed out of him having was him being part of losing teams. It amazes me that coaches, as well as players, keep getting that one more chance when there are so many others that have never been given their 1st.

Lancane
10-30-2011, 04:23 PM
I think Fassel (who I highly respect) has been in and watching UFL football for far too long!

:tsk:

smith49
10-30-2011, 05:20 PM
This is painful to watch. I knew we would struggle to have a chance in this one but it's just down right embarrassing now. It would nice to see a small amount of progress......wishful thinking.

camdisco24
10-30-2011, 05:57 PM
Hey Bullgator.

Please dont post any more Tebow BS until he actually does something in the NFL.

I haven't been very vocal against you, but today is the day to crawl into a hole and stay there until Tebow actually proves himself. Please don't embarrass yourself any further.

TIA,
Cam

hotcarl
10-30-2011, 06:04 PM
Yeah that guy is a ******* idiot obviously