PDA

View Full Version : Halp! I can't access Broncosforums at home!

sneakers
01-02-2009, 12:42 AM
Everytime I type in www.Broncosforums.com at home it gives me this error:

Connection Interrupted
The connection to the server was reset while the page was loading.

I use firefox, but I also tried to load the page on IE and Netscape browsers....none of them worked. I tried my roommates computer, and even my Playstation 3 browser...same thing every time.

I only get the error at this site (that I know of). So this morning before I went to bed. I unplugged the router, and modem, and left it until I woke up...still not working.

I am typing this up at work right now.

Any suggestions or heard of this problem before?

gnomeflinger
01-02-2009, 12:52 AM
Is it just the Forum page?

Tned
01-02-2009, 01:02 AM
Everytime I type in www.Broncosforums.com at home it gives me this error:

I use firefox, but I also tried to load the page on IE and Netscape browsers....none of them worked. I tried my roommates computer, and even my Playstation 3 browser...same thing every time.

I only get the error at this site (that I know of). So this morning before I went to bed. I unplugged the router, and modem, and left it until I woke up...still not working.

I am typing this up at work right now.

Any suggestions or heard of this problem before?

Your IP addresss was blocked by the server firewall. It looks for certain pattern matching in url's to look for hack attempts and for some reason it blocked your IP. Unfortunately, these systems aren't fool proof. I removed the IP from the firewall, and will review some server logs tomorrow to try and figure out what rule was triggered and why. See if there is an incompatibility with vBulletin. This firewall monitors traffic before it gets to the message board.

NameUsedBefore
01-02-2009, 01:10 AM
This actually happened to me awhile back. No idea how to fix it, but it eventually went away.

*shrug*

sneakers
01-02-2009, 01:15 AM
Your IP addresss was blocked by the server firewall. It looks for certain pattern matching in url's to look for hack attempts and for some reason it blocked your IP. Unfortunately, these systems aren't fool proof. I removed the IP from the firewall, and will review some server logs tomorrow to try and figure out what rule was triggered and why. See if there is an incompatibility with vBulletin. This firewall monitors traffic before it gets to the message board.

Thanks! I appreciate it....the only thing I can think of that happened right before was that I was probably running too many programs at once, and my computer was extremely slow and a new brower tab wasn't opening.

So in frustration I must have hit CTRL+T at least 20 times (they finally did all open), and 15 minutes later I couldn't access the site.

Tned
01-02-2009, 01:16 AM
This actually happened to me awhile back. No idea how to fix it, but it eventually went away.

*shrug*

Your IP address probably changed eventually, since most people have dynamic IPs that change periodically. You can always email me at the following if you all of a sudden can't get access.

Admin

(at)

broncosforums.com

I think you can figure out that email, but I typed it that way to avoid the auto email collection bots.

Tned
01-02-2009, 01:17 AM
Thanks! I appreciate it....the only thing I can think of that happened right before was that I was probably running too many programs at once, and my computer was extremely slow and a new brower tab wasn't opening.

So in frustration I must have hit CTRL+T at least 20 times (they finally did all open), and 15 minutes later I couldn't access the site.

Very possible. If it saw something in rapid succession, it could have triggered a firewall rule.

Zweems56
01-02-2009, 01:19 AM
You still on sneakers?

sneakers
01-02-2009, 01:21 AM
You still on sneakers?

yes, I am at work :D

Requiem / The Dagda
01-02-2009, 02:37 AM
Sneakers is naughty.

sneakers
01-02-2009, 02:38 AM