PDA

View Full Version : Cowboys Waive Injured RB Choice

OrangeHoof
10-29-2011, 12:23 PM
ESPN Dallas reports that the Dallas Cowboys have waived injured RB Tashard Choice to free up a roster spot for a LB. He has an injured shoulder and hamstring but he has been a versatile if unspectacular back for the Cowboys out of Georgia Tech.

I don't know what his contract situation is as to whether the Broncos might try to claim him on waivers but, with our fragile stable of RBs, he could be a nice addition for depth.

Tned
10-29-2011, 12:26 PM
Wow, considering Jones being injury prone, and Murray being a rookie, I'm surprised they released Choice.

SR
10-29-2011, 12:31 PM
Interesting for sure

Northman
10-29-2011, 12:32 PM
Good news for my fantasy team then because i picked up Murray a few days ago.

DenBronx
10-29-2011, 12:33 PM
Choice is overrated.

No thank you.

Ravage!!!
10-29-2011, 12:36 PM
Choice is overrated.

No thank you.

Over rated by whom? Who has him rated high?

Ravage!!!
10-29-2011, 12:37 PM
Its interesting that they would drop him. I know he could probably help this roster of RBs.

OrangeHoof
10-29-2011, 12:40 PM
All Cowboys are overrated because they are Cowboys but Choice is probably better than the street free agents who might otherwise be available. Is he the salvation for our running game? No. But he does a little of everything well and his injuries aren't to knees or ankles which means he should bounce back.

His YPC was over 5 the first two years and 3.7 last year. That's not bad.

Nomad
10-29-2011, 12:42 PM
All Cowboys are overrated because they are Cowboys but Choice is probably better than the street free agents who might otherwise be available. Is he the salvation for our running game? No. But he does a little of everything well and his injuries aren't to knees or ankles which means he should bounce back.

His YPC was over 5 the first two years and 3.7 last year. That's not bad.

He could be the right choice for the BRONCOS!:D

I'd say give him a shot.

DenBronx
10-29-2011, 12:46 PM
This would be no better than bringing in Tatum Bell.

WARHORSE
10-29-2011, 01:55 PM
Id give Choice a spin.

If he cant beat someone out.......cut im.

Its not like Knowshon or Ball are going to suddenly arrive for the competition.:coffee:

Oh......hes injured?

Well he still might beat them out.

NorCalBronco7
10-29-2011, 02:12 PM
ESPN Dallas reports that the Dallas Cowboys have waived injured RB Tashard Choice to free up a roster spot for a LB. He has an injured shoulder and hamstring but he has been a versatile if unspectacular back for the Cowboys out of Georgia Tech.

I don't know what his contract situation is as to whether the Broncos might try to claim him on waivers but, with our fragile stable of RBs, he could be a nice addition for depth.

No way Fox picks up Choice. A small, fragile, soft runner has no place in the offense except 3rd down, and with Moreno filling that role well, I just dont see it.

BeefStew25
10-29-2011, 02:20 PM
Good news for my fantasy team then because i picked up Murray a few days ago.

No one cares about your fantasy team.

T.K.O.
10-29-2011, 02:26 PM
headline should read "Choice Cut ":D

dogfish
10-29-2011, 02:28 PM
somewhere, G is cackling and rubbing his hands together. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
10-29-2011, 02:32 PM
I am confused as to why they are not bringing LenDale back - he is in Denver, and he practiced this offense before being cut :confused:

rationalfan
10-29-2011, 02:48 PM
Choice is overrated.

No thank you.

I'd take him over lance ball

weazel
10-29-2011, 06:07 PM
where is Glyn Milburn when we need him?

CrazyHorse
10-29-2011, 06:33 PM
I am confused as to why they are not bringing LenDale back - he is in Denver, and he practiced this offense before being cut :confused:

I've been wondering that myself too.

DenBronx
10-29-2011, 08:09 PM
I'd take him over lance ball

I would too....so what does that say about L. Ball?

dogfish

most likely guess would be that some of lendale's past demons have re-surfaced. . .

after all, he did serve a league suspension for substance abuse, and he has worn out his welcome with multiple clubs and coaching staffs over work ethic. . . maybe the new regime simply doesn't want to take a chance on a player with that history, or maybe he never got all the way back in shape after the time off. . .

or, just as likely, he may not be at an NFL level athletically following the injury-- some guys never make it all the way back from an achilles tear, and he wasn't exactly a top-flight NFL player when he was healthy. . . he might be a guy that has to rehab it outside of football for a year, then try a comeback next season when he's fully recovered. . .

whether lendale has the discipline to do that, i'm not so sure. . .

DenBronx

Now you're on to something Carol. I'm confused on why we didn't keep him. He always ran tough.

dogfish
10-29-2011, 08:11 PM
I would too....so what does that say about L. Ball?

that he's more or less a scrub. . . :lol:

DenBronx
10-29-2011, 08:14 PM
that he's more or less a scrub. . . :lol:

Yeah pretty much sums it up. lol