PDA

View Full Version : Detroit Lions Lions' Stafford practices with first team again, likely to play

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Quarterback Matthew Stafford practiced with the first-team offense for a second consecutive day on Friday, and it seems likely he'll start Sunday for the Lions, the Detroit Free Press reported.

Stafford injured his ankle during the Lions' Week 7 loss to the Atlanta Falcons and his status for the Sunday's game against the Denver Broncos was in jeopardy earlier this week. Stafford split snaps with backup Shaun Hill on Wednesday but took over first-team duties on Thursday.

article also mentions Farley
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8238d1cb/article/lions-stafford-practices-with-first-team-again-likely-to-play?module=HP11_headline_stack

G_Money
10-28-2011, 02:48 PM
Doom had better have his shit together for this game, then. He and Von have the job of chasing, catching, and pummeling the bajeezus out of "I have a bad ankle and can't move well" Stafford.

This is what Doom is getting paid 15 million a year to do, right? Do it. :mad:

~G

nevcraw
10-28-2011, 03:17 PM
I'll take Doom on bad ankle over Stafford on one..

Time for our first rounder (2nd overall pick) to have break-out game.. pretty please!! I'm usually more patient but I would say we are going to need a breakout game from all our players..

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2011, 03:17 PM
Doom had better have his shit together for this game, then. He and Von have the job of chasing, catching, and pummeling the bajeezus out of "I have a bad ankle and can't move well" Stafford.

~G

PostBroncos Lindsay Jones
Dumervil + M. Thomas officially listed as questionable. An early guess is Doom plays, Thomas does not. #broncos
53 minutes ago

http://twitter.com/#!/PostBroncos

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2011, 03:22 PM
There is hope for Elvis.

Broncos defensive end Elvis Dumervil is testing out his sprained ankle today at practice after sitting out sessions earlier this week. How the ankle holds up today, and how much Dumervil continues to recover between now and Sunday morning will determine if Dumervil will be able to play against the Lions.

If Dumervil can't play, Jason Hunter would start in his place at right defensive end, as he did in two games earlier this season when Dumervil was out with a shoulder injury.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19215424

Cugel
10-28-2011, 06:45 PM
Jason Hunter is just not in the same galaxy as Dumervil. That really hurts them.

MileHighCrew
10-28-2011, 06:47 PM
c'mon Matt take a game off to rest

Nomad
10-28-2011, 09:05 PM

~G

After VonDoom gets through with him, he'll wish he had sat out this game.:defense: