PDA

View Full Version : Tebow faces new challenges against ravenous Lions defense

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2011, 10:48 AM
Denver Broncos quarterback Tim Tebow created the grittiest, gutsiest, "just-get-it-done" narrative of the 2011 season to date when he led his team back from a 15-point late fourth-quarter deficit against the Miami Dolphins last Sunday. The Broncos' 18-15 overtime win allowed the Tebow canonizers to revel in his late touchdown pass and two-point conversion, and those who are sick to death of the Tebow overflow could point to the fact that he looked pretty horrible as a quarterback for most of the game. Both sides would have to admit that there were times when Dolphins defensive coordinator Mike Nolan seemed to outsmart himself.

There will not be those issues when the Detroit Lions travel to Denver to face the Broncos this Sunday — the defense run by head coach Jim Schwartz and defensive coordinator Gunther Cunningham prefers to overwhelm you, pop you right in the mouth, and ask you just how you liked it. Tackle Ndamukong Suh leads the best defensive line rotation in the NFL, and this seems like a unit singularly built to mess with a running quarterback like Tebow still seems to be. Especially after two straight losses after five straight wins, and with the Chicago Bears looking more and more like a stern challenger in the battle for second place behind the Green Bay Packers in the NFC North, the Lions need this game more than any other so far.

rest of article - http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/blog/shutdown_corner/post/Tebow-faces-new-challenges-against-ravenous-Lion?urn=nfl-wp10576

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 11:28 AM
So I decided very time is see Tebow do his 360 spin move in the pocket i am going to take a shot of Crown Royal. If he does it a lot I am going to be tanked at end of the game. This is going to be interesting.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-28-2011, 11:40 AM
So I decided very time is see Tebow do his 360 spin move in the pocket i am going to take a shot of Crown Royal. If he does it a lot I am going to be tanked at end of the game. This is going to be interesting.

I'd suggest you mix it with water. You'll have a good six ounces in you by halftime. :laugh:

D1g1tal j1m
10-28-2011, 12:29 PM
The Detroit D has been overly aggressive the last few games (maybe feeding into the hype from the first 4 games of the season). The DLine has been rushing up the field too much and allowing for big gashing run plays and putting their secondary in bad spots (they are giving up huge passing plays). A mobile QB can really take advantage of this defense right now, so I am looking for some big plays out of our offense. Will it be enough? I don't know, but it should be a really fun game to watch.

Oh, and the Champ vs. Megatron match-up will be a big key to the game.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 12:35 PM
I want to see Fairley, he was the other DT i was looking at during draft. Dareus has been great so far.

OrangeHoof
10-28-2011, 02:53 PM
A Christian being thrown to the Lions. Where have I heard this before??

lgenf
10-28-2011, 03:04 PM
A Christian being thrown to the Lions. Where have I heard this before??

that's the best quote of the day, possibly the week!

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-28-2011, 03:12 PM
I want to see Fairley, he was the other DT i was looking at during draft. Dareus has been great so far.

Fairley's not playing. :laugh:

sneakers
10-28-2011, 04:25 PM
The lions are 28th in the league against the run.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 04:26 PM
Fairley's not playing. :laugh:

I saw that :tsk:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-28-2011, 10:43 PM
The lions are 28th in the league against the run.

and our best power runner is down...

:banghead:

G_Money
10-29-2011, 01:12 AM
No he's not. Sadly, our best power runner is Tebow.

~G

sneakers
10-29-2011, 02:18 AM
http://www.mlive.com/lions/index.ssf/2011/10/opposing_offenses_using_detroi.html

Opposing offenses using Detroit Lions' aggressive defense against it with 'wham' run plays

ALLEN PARK -- The Detroit Lions' run defense likes to dole out hard shots, but last weekend it was sent reeling by a couple whams.

San Francisco running back Frank Gore gashed Detroit on 47- and 55-yard runs that led to scores in the 49ers' 25-19 win against the Lions.

Both came on "wham" run plays that rely on a simple concept that can be difficult to stop, especially with a defense as aggressive as Detroit's.

Because offenses are unable to block Ndamukong Suh and Corey Williams one-on-one, and because double-teams require the use of too many resources, teams have figured out the best way to attack the Lions on the ground is to block them at an angle rather than straight up.