PDA

View Full Version : All this Tebow stuff is really getting old!!!

vettesplus
10-28-2011, 09:21 AM
Every time i turn the tv on, tebow this tebow that, every time i turn the radio on tebow this tebow that, every time i open my desk top, tebow this and tebow that. Now the big thing is called tebowing...and he's not even a sub par player...whats with all this. i can just hope he fails here in denver and is moved elswhere so we can get a team together and talk about the broncos not just this guy... i love the broncos dont get me wrong...

Davii
10-28-2011, 09:25 AM
Every time i turn the tv on, tebow this tebow that, every time i turn the radio on tebow this tebow that, every time i open my desk top, tebow this and tebow that. Now the big thing is called tebowing...and he's not even a sub par player...whats with all this. i can just hope he fails here in denver and is moved elswhere so we can get a team together and talk about the broncos not just this guy... i love the broncos dont get me wrong...

So you would like to see Tebow, and the Broncos, fail miserably so you don't have to read about Tim Tebow?

Interesting. Ridiculous, but interesting.

That begs the question, which is worse, Tebow nut huggers, or those "fans" that want him to fail so badly they're actually hoping their team sucks?

I can't stand the Tebois, but I know who I'd choose.

Juriga72
10-28-2011, 09:27 AM
Lets get MORE Orton losing going..please .... I miss the "good ole days" of knowing my team was done by halftime

BroncoJoe
10-28-2011, 09:29 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050317062540/uncyclopedia/images/8/83/Baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Yep - it really sucks to have the chance to win back-to-back games for the first time since 2009.

Don't like it? Go crawl in a hole, or move out of my city.

vettesplus
10-28-2011, 09:30 AM
after tebow loses the next 3-4 games maybe the tone will change, i sure do hope so....

vettesplus
10-28-2011, 09:31 AM
http://images1.wikia.nocookie.net/__cb20050317062540/uncyclopedia/images/8/83/Baby_crying_closeup.jpg

Yep - it really sucks to have the chance to win back-to-back games for the first time since 2009.

no this is my city i was here first...

Dreadnought
So you would like to see Tebow, and the Broncos, fail miserably so you don't have to read about Tim Tebow?

That begs the question, which is worse, Tebow nut huggers, or those "fans" that want him to fail so badly they're actually hoping their team sucks?

Oooh Oooh - can I answer that one?! I think I know the answer!

camdisco24
You know what? At least the media is actually talking about the Broncos again. Like Tebow or not, he has made us relevant to the media.

Vettes, you've made it clear you heavily dislike Tebow. You would rather see the team lose with Tebow just to get him off the team, which is sad IMO.

My question is, what if Tebow actually works out? Will you still spew hatred toward him or will you actually cheer for the kid?

claymore
10-28-2011, 09:34 AM

Imagine how it is living in Florida.

BroncoJoe
10-28-2011, 09:35 AM
no this is my city i was here first...

Doubt it.

chazoe60
10-28-2011, 09:39 AM
I think most the Tebow haters hate him for non football reasons, and most the Tebow lovers love him for nin football reasons.

vettesplus
10-28-2011, 09:40 AM
You know what? At least the media is actually talking about the Broncos again. Like Tebow or not, he has made us relevant to the media.

Vettes, you've made it clear you heavily dislike Tebow. You would rather see the team lose with Tebow just to get him off the team, which is sad IMO.

My question is, what if Tebow actually works out? Will you still spew hatred toward him or will you actually cheer for the kid?

i have no hatred towards tb, it would be cool to meet the guy, its not his fault that there are a bunch of idiots out there that make this a 3 ring circus, i bet tb is abit tired of all this to...

vettesplus
10-28-2011, 09:43 AM
I think most the Tebow haters hate him for non football reasons, and most the Tebow lovers love him for nin football reasons.

Vettes is probably a janitor at an abortion clinic or something.

:lol::lol: i may have built the building that the clinic is located in!!!!

G_Money
10-28-2011, 09:44 AM
If Tebow wins, improves enough to be a legit pro QB, and can make it so that we don't have to have a 4th QB "leading" this team in 4 years, then they can make life-sized Tebow dolls and carry them through Denver on gilded pallets for all I care.

~G

TXBRONC
10-28-2011, 09:53 AM

I think Denver is just two or three away from it being two full seasons since they last won back to back games. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to end that streak.

BroncoJoe
10-28-2011, 09:57 AM
I think Denver is just two or three away from it being two full seasons since they last won back to back games. It wouldn't hurt my feelings to end that streak.

Not since we started 6-0 have we won two consecutive games. Pretty sad.

TXBRONC
10-28-2011, 10:00 AM

It was November. We beat the Giants on Thanksgiving and then the next week we beat the Chiefs at Arrowhead then Denver proceeded to go on it's second four game losing streak of the season.

G_Money
10-28-2011, 10:03 AM
See, this is when remembering the 18 games in a row that we won, sandwiched around our SB win over the Pack just sort of twists the knife... :tsk:

~G

G_Money
10-28-2011, 10:05 AM
And the OP's topic...

It'd be easier to talk about someone other than Tebow if there was someone other than Tebow doing anything remarkable or noteworthy on the entire team.

Maybe instead of hoping for Tebow to go away we could hope for better players to find their way onto the roster so that we have multiple plotlines to discuss instead of "who is our QB going to be?" or "what color pants should we wear with the orange jerseys?"

~G

battherastard
10-28-2011, 10:27 AM
after tebow loses the next 3-4 games maybe the tone will change, i sure do hope so....

No fan hopes that his team loses. No matter what the circumstances are...:tsk:

BORDERLINE
10-28-2011, 10:45 AM
Tebow didn't ask for all this coverage. This guy just get's people to gravitate towards him. If anything I rather have Tebow in the headlines for being him then having Plaxico and Vick all over ESPN ready to go to jail. When have you seen Tebow do a reality show like Ocho Cinco and T.O for the sake of attention?

Personally I like seeing Denver get some airtime during the morning pre-game shows instead of hearing for the 7 straight week how great the Packers are and Saints and how Bellichick is a genius. We get to see some Broncos talked sprinkled in, that ain't bad at all.

Mike
10-28-2011, 10:48 AM
I got to admit I found the "tebowing" pretty goofy.

Media coverage or no media coverage...I just want the organization to get on track and stop looking like a monkey humpin a football. If that is with Tebow, great. If that is without Tebow, great.

t-diddy
10-28-2011, 10:54 AM

You know what you should do? Start a Tebow thread. Genius.

Dreadnought
10-28-2011, 10:57 AM
You know what you should do? Start a Tebow thread. Genius.

Thats a damned good point when you think on it. i agree 100%

Northman
10-28-2011, 10:59 AM

He probably hated Elway too....

Juriga72
10-28-2011, 11:11 AM

Hell... For Orton that's a GREAT month.. ONLY losing 3-4 times.

Juriga72
10-28-2011, 11:12 AM

We DID have two 6 game losing streaks...YE-HAW!!!!!

dogfish
10-28-2011, 12:04 PM
All this Tebow stuff is really getting old!!!

start some more threads about him, then-- that'll be sure to make it stop. . .

*slaps you upside the head*

Tned
10-28-2011, 12:07 PM
I got to admit I found the "tebowing" pretty goofy.

Media coverage or no media coverage...I just want the organization to get on track and stop looking like a monkey humpin a football. If that is with Tebow, great. If that is without Tebow, great.

Ditto. I find the way it took off a little interesting/fascinating, but beyond that, I think it's pretty dumb.

chazoe60
10-28-2011, 12:08 PM
Geez Dread, if you're going to edit my posts you could at least fix the spelling errors. :laugh:

Just messin with ya, sorry for the hassel.

D1g1tal j1m
10-28-2011, 12:13 PM
I love all the Tebow talk, makes me laugh at all the media guys that don't like him trying to tear into his performance in a WIN (in a spectacular 4th quarter fashion).

Tebow should be given at least 20 starts before the true measure of his worth is made. Anything less than that is a failure of the media and analysists on giving a fair assessment to a young QB.

MOtorboat
10-28-2011, 12:18 PM
At least he's starting now so there seems to be a reason to talk about it. He's popular. ESPN/CBS/Fox Radio/NBC talk about him because people like him. Even if they say something that is negative, people still watch it. Tebow=ratings, no matter what's said about him, and even if he's not that good. Hell, NFL seemingly created an award for people to vote on, on their web site this week (can't even find it now).

chazoe60
10-28-2011, 12:26 PM
At least he's starting now so there seems to be a reason to talk about it. He's popular. ESPN/CBS/Fox Radio/NBC talk about him because people like him. Even if they say something that is negative, people still watch it. Tebow=ratings, no matter what's said about him, and even if he's not that good. Hell, NFL seemingly created an award for people to vote on, on their web site this week (can't even find it now).

A Sports Illistrated writer (forgive me I forgot his name) said that Tim Tebow is the most interesting sports figure since Mohammed Ali.

I for one hope he succeeds here. What a great story it could end up being. Some people, such as the OP, think it's a better story if he fails. I tend to root for the good guy, unless it D.B. Cooper, that guy is the shit.

Tned
10-28-2011, 12:27 PM

Do you mean the GMC Never Say Never award that they created last year just in hopes that a year and a half later Tebow would have a 15 point comeback win in the final three minutes of a game? ;)

Cugel
10-28-2011, 12:57 PM

If you "want" Tebow to fail then you're not a Broncos fan. Personally, I THINK he will fail but really, I want him either to Succeed BRILLIANTLY or Fail MISERABLY.

What I'm afraid of is that he struggles in between. Sometimes he's brilliant and the rest of the time he sucks. Then what do they do?

If he's great, then fine. The Broncos have their QB who can throw from the pocket and they use their draft picks on defense -- and God knows they need it!

If he's horrible like he was for 3 quarters in Miami then they give him the bum's rush and draft a QB -- also fine. There are a lot of great ones in the draft this year. It's not like 2005 or last year there's maybe 3 or 4 top prospects, not just Luck and Barkley.

But, what if he shows signs of improvement, but overall still can't throw out of the pocket effectively? What then?

Well, I have no idea what they will do at that point. :coffee:

Dreadnought
10-28-2011, 01:01 PM
B
ut, what if he shows signs of improvement, but overall still can't throw out of the pocket effectively? What then?

Well, I have no idea what they will do at that point.

You give it another Year or even two if that's the case. Its not like we are solid everywhere else after all, and as you alluded. What we cannot do is push the Panic Button prematurely

Cugel
10-28-2011, 01:02 PM
I love all the Tebow talk, makes me laugh at all the media guys that don't like him trying to tear into his performance in a WIN (in a spectacular 4th quarter fashion).

Tebow should be given at least 20 starts before the true measure of his worth is made. Anything less than that is a failure of the media and analysists on giving a fair assessment to a young QB.

Tebow is not going to be given 20 starts like the one in Miami. If he doesn't improve in the next few games he's going to be benched THIS season and gone the next. (Of course it's going to be difficult for him to suck as bad as he did in Miami -- I assume he'll do better than that).

YOU may be committed to Tebow as the long term answer so you're willing to be patient and just trust he'll be fine if given the chance (and 20 games is this season AND NEXT).

But the Broncos have ZERO investment in this guy. McMoron who drafted him is long gone. Fox and Elway are not impressed at this point. Tim has a long way to go to secure the Broncos starting job for next season.

And he'd better start showing some signs he can throw from the pocket because that's how you play QB in the NFL and Elway has said that's what it takes to win a SB.

And who should know better than John Elway? A bunch of idiot fans? :coffee:

Cugel
10-28-2011, 01:06 PM
B

You give it another Year or even two if that's the case. Its not like we are solid everywhere else after all, and as you alluded. What we cannot do is push the Panic Button prematurely

It's not a panic button. You seem to believe in Tebow. YOU may be committed to Tebow but they are not. They are going to strongly consider drafting a QB next April regardless of how Tim performs this year.

Whether they do or not depends on whether Tebow can show steady improvement in passing from the pocket.

If so then they'll pass on all the great QB prospects. If not then they'll take one of them and trade Tebow for a 3rd or 4th round pick or something.

Dreadnought
10-28-2011, 01:13 PM
It's not a panic button. You seem to believe in Tebow. YOU may be committed to Tebow but they are not. They are going to strongly consider drafting a QB next April regardless of how Tim performs this year.

Whether they do or not depends on whether Tebow can show steady improvement in passing from the pocket.

If so then they'll pass on all the great QB prospects. If not then they'll take one of them and trade Tebow for a 3rd or 4th round pick or something.

Oh I'm agnostic about Tebow. I hated the pick. I'll hate it even more if we pull the plug on him after only this year, because it will be too early. The only way you bail on a guy like that is if he is a clearly a moron or a lazy slob like Jamarcus Russell who won't put in the time or effort. Tebow has a good work ethic, has athleticism, is a competitor, and is smart. Those are all I ask for at this point in his career. If thats all he is bringing after the 2013 season then by all means flush another #1 on a QB and ship him out.

Northman
10-28-2011, 01:17 PM
YOU may be committed to Tebow but they are not. They are going to strongly consider drafting a QB next April regardless of how Tim performs this year.

Seems like a very contradictory statement to me. Either they are sold on Tebow or they are not. Frankly, i think because the QB draft class is so deep they will take a QB regardless as both Orton and Quinn are gone at the end of the year.

slim
10-28-2011, 01:20 PM
Do you mean the GMC Never Say Never award that they created last year just in hopes that a year and a half later Tebow would have a 15 point comeback win in the final three minutes of a game? ;)

BAM!

Roast that Tebow hating midget.

Canmore
10-28-2011, 01:21 PM
Seems like a very contradictory statement to me. Either they are sold on Tebow or they are not. Frankly, i think because the QB draft class is so deep they will take a QB regardless as both Orton and Quinn are gone at the end of the year.

We definitely are going to take a quarterback. The question is what round. As deep as this quarterback class is touted, I expect we take a quarterback early.

Tned
10-28-2011, 01:29 PM
BAM!

Roast that Tebow hating midget.

I think now would be a good time to say that Vic and Gary are going to have a great show tomorrow morning...

Ooops, sorry, it's like a nervous tick.

hotcarl
10-28-2011, 01:30 PM
tebow

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 01:31 PM
We definitely are going to take a quarterback. The question is what round. As deep as this quarterback class is touted, I expect we take a quarterback early.

IF Tebow ends up playing amazing by end of season I hope not in the first 3 rounds. I think we have other gaping holes that need filled before a backup QB.

slim
10-28-2011, 01:32 PM
I think now would be a good time to say that Vic and Gary are going to have a great show tomorrow morning...

Ooops, sorry, it's like a nervous tick.

If you ever meet them, you need to tell them to man up and extend their show by a couple hours.

Tned
10-28-2011, 01:34 PM
If you ever meet them, you need to tell them to man up and extend there show by a couple hours.

I've told them to get the asses to the afternoon. This morning stuff doesn't cut it.

By them, of course I mean the incomparable Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller, of the Vic and Gary radio show...

Crap, there's that tick again.

lgenf
10-28-2011, 01:35 PM
Imagine how it is living in Florida.

it's even better here

oh wait, this OP didn't like all the Broncos coverage and talk about Tebow, so no, it's way worse here

but I love it!

I want the Broncos to WIN, as I did with Orton at the helm last year and this one, and that didn't change with Tebow at QB, still want them to win

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2011, 01:52 PM
I've told them to get the asses to the afternoon. This morning stuff doesn't cut it.

By them, of course I mean the incomparable Vic Lombardi and Gary Miller, of the Vic and Gary radio show...

Not sure ch4 would appreciate it, as one or the other cover the sports on ch4 newscast, which starts at 5:00. Not sure if they still do, but when the ticket started, Vic/Gary were broadcasting from Vic's basement :lol:

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 01:54 PM

Get paid for this advertisement? ;)

cardoso
10-28-2011, 01:57 PM

sorry but please SHUT UP! Pretty pathetic when you have a fan complaining a player is getting too much attention. I love it! Tebow makes the Broncos relative again! If it wasn't for Tebow no one would give a lick about the Broncos and we'd be shoved down in a closet somewhere then you'd be complaining how no one gives us any love.

cardoso
10-28-2011, 02:07 PM
Tebow is not going to be given 20 starts like the one in Miami. If he doesn't improve in the next few games he's going to be benched THIS season and gone the next. (Of course it's going to be difficult for him to suck as bad as he did in Miami -- I assume he'll do better than that).

YOU may be committed to Tebow as the long term answer so you're willing to be patient and just trust he'll be fine if given the chance (and 20 games is this season AND NEXT).

But the Broncos have ZERO investment in this guy. McMoron who drafted him is long gone. Fox and Elway are not impressed at this point. Tim has a long way to go to secure the Broncos starting job for next season.

And he'd better start showing some signs he can throw from the pocket because that's how you play QB in the NFL and Elway has said that's what it takes to win a SB.

actually John Elway was a player so we don't know if he knows what it takes. He had a TEAM and a COACH with him. YOu don't have any idea if knows what it "takes"

Elways was throwing in the pocket his WHOLE career and never won a superbowl until TD came in. John was what 37 when he first won? and Funny the most Iconic play in Elways career was a broken down play where he had to scramble and run for a first down vs Green Bay..In the pocket my azz!

weazel
10-28-2011, 02:11 PM
Lets get MORE Orton losing going..please .... I miss the "good ole days" of knowing my team was done by halftime

well to be fair, if Denver was playing any other team but Miami last weekend, we would have been done at the half.

tebow sucks

Tned
10-28-2011, 02:25 PM
Get paid for this advertisement? ;)

My only reward is helping a fellow human being.

Speaking of humanity, did I mention that Vic and Gary are among the most humane people I know of...

Not sure ch4 would appreciate it, as one or the other cover the sports on ch4 newscast, which starts at 5:00. Not sure if they still do, but when the ticket started, Vic/Gary were broadcasting from Vic's basement :lol:

They still broadcast out of Vic's basement.

G_Money
10-28-2011, 02:41 PM

I dunno, rookie QBs are projects, especially in the later rounds. I don't see the Broncos drafting a QB in this draft if they stick with Tebow. Not with them knowing that Tebow is a running QB, which means he has a better chance of injury than a QB who stands in the pocket and throws the ball away.

Tim gets injured in the first week of the season and you want to run with a rookie QB for the first couple weeks?

If we keep Tim, we'll get a vet backup IMO. If Tim doesn't work out, I don't see them trusting a 3rd or 4th rounder to carry the load in 2013 after a year playing in an offense weighted toward what Tebow can do (ie, not conducive to a different QB's skills or a pure "pro-style" system).

Why get a lesser talent and teach him things you wouldn't actually want him doing in an offense that he would be a 16 game starter for?

If we keep Tebow next year for a full 2 year assessment as a starter, and it doesn't work out, then we'll be grabbing a QB high in 2013. If we throw Tim overboard after this season, then we'll get one high this year. But I don't see us going half-way in the 2012 draft just to hedge our bets.

JMO.

~G

G_Money
10-28-2011, 02:46 PM
Oh I'm agnostic about Tebow. I hated the pick. I'll hate it even more if we pull the plug on him after only this year, because it will be too early. The only way you bail on a guy like that is if he is a clearly a moron or a lazy slob like Jamarcus Russell who won't put in the time or effort. Tebow has a good work ethic, has athleticism, is a competitor, and is smart. Those are all I ask for at this point in his career. If thats all he is bringing before the 2013 season then by all means flush another #1 on a QB and ship him out.

This. :salute: Just changed one word.

Tim is gonna get all of this year. He MIGHT get next year. He's not getting 2013 if it's not working.

If he shows progress this year, I'd give him next year and keep working on other holes. We've got plenty. :coffee:

But once we get the OL where we want it through the 2012 draft, I'd be looking QB in 2013. We'd be able to keep his jersey clean at that point, hopefully, which is good with all QBs, but especially rooks.

Get the rest of the offense ready, then yank Tebow if it ain't workin out. I don't want the next QB dealing with a thin running game, a porous line, and 2 useful receivers.

Make it easier on him to succeed, please. Though in the best of all worlds, Tim pulls it off and we have the offense prepped for HIS success instead.

~G

Northman
10-28-2011, 02:53 PM
If we keep Tim, we'll get a vet backup IMO. If Tim doesn't work out, I don't see them trusting a 3rd or 4th rounder to carry the load in 2013 after a year playing in an offense weighted toward what Tebow can do (ie, not conducive to a different QB's skills or a pure "pro-style" system).

I think they will do both. With the question about Tebow still up in the air (probably even beyond this year) i can see them drafting another QB and also signing a vet. Have Tebow start with a vet to back him up and have yet another rookie QB in the wings in case Tebow doesnt improve.

Dreadnought
10-28-2011, 02:54 PM
This. :salute: Just changed one word.

Tim is gonna get all of this year. He MIGHT get next year. He's not getting 2013 if it's not working.

If he shows progress this year, I'd give him next year and keep working on other holes. We've got plenty. :coffee:

But once we get the OL where we want it through the 2012 draft, I'd be looking QB in 2013. We'd be able to keep his jersey clean at that point, hopefully, which is good with all QBs, but especially rooks.

Get the rest of the offense ready, then yank Tebow if it ain't workin out. I don't want the next QB dealing with a thin running game, a porous line, and 2 useful receivers.

Make it easier on him to succeed, please. Though in the best of all worlds, Tim pulls it off and we have the offense prepped for HIS success instead.

~G

Roger, and your edit is what I meant if I had worded it better. He should get 2011 regardless, and 2012 if he shows even the slightest glimmer of hope in 2011. We aren't on a playoff run for a while anyways with this roster, so time to do this right, which does not include merely giving the kid a token number of reps and then flushing him while wearing a fakey pained expression

dogfish
10-28-2011, 03:13 PM
I think they will do both. With the question about Tebow still up in the air (probably even beyond this year) i can see them drafting another QB and also signing a vet. Have Tebow start with a vet to back him up and have yet another rookie QB in the wings in case Tebow doesnt improve.

agreed. . . with only one QB under contract, i expect them to add the vet mentor type in FA and take a later round developmental guy (obviously, assuming that we aren't taking one high to replace teebs). . . tim's style exposes him to a lot of punishment-- if he's going to be our starter, i'm guessing they'll be more comfortable with three QBs on the roster. . .

Dzone
10-28-2011, 03:19 PM
With Tebow we are one of the most talked about teams in the NFL. Without him we would be totally obscure and utterly boring.

nevcraw
10-28-2011, 03:29 PM
I agree with OP this stuff has got to stop!
So sick of this dude --especially when he makes self serving comments like this.. it is ludicrous.

reffering to Tebowing --
“It’s not my job to see peoples’ reasons behind it, but I know (of a kid) with cancer that tweeted me, ‘Tebowing while I’m chemoing’ — how cool is that?” Tebow said. “That’s worth it right now. If that gives him any encouragement or puts a smile on his face, or gives him encouragement to pray, that’s completely awesome.”

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/10/28/tebow-on-board-with-tebowing-fad/10420/

dogfish
10-28-2011, 03:48 PM
I agree with OP this stuff has got to stop!
So sick of this dude -- Especiually when he makes self serving comments like this.. it is ludicrous.

reffering to Tebowing --

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/10/28/tebow-on-board-with-tebowing-fad/10420/

baha!

****in' tebow, man. . . dude absolutely refuses to let anyone's BS bring him down. . .

G_Money
10-28-2011, 04:01 PM
There are just some guys you want to see succeed. Tebow is just that kind of person.

He's like the anti-Maurice-Clarett/Leonard-Little type.

I'd be pulling for him if he wasn't on my team, even while doubting him.

Because he is...both reflexes are heightened. :lol:

~G

D1g1tal j1m
10-28-2011, 04:21 PM

So you suggest that we get bench Tebow after watching him start 3 games this year and drop him next? So the evaluation of a 1st round QB should only be 6 games and if he struggles go draft another QB to throw him in. How long do you evaluate that one? Another 6 games???

Look, Tebow needs work on his mechanics, we all agree to that. He needs to get on page with his WR and he needs to learn what the D is doing and attack with the pass when the windows are there. But all these things can be learned with practice and "game experience". To think that Tebow won't work at these things now and in the future is nonsense and to only give him 6 games to prove himself is not idealistic. Fox and Elway didn't draft him but they should give him the time to grow and learn. It isn't the idiot fans that think they know better, but more of the idiot media types that are calling for Tebow's demise before he even has a chance to work and improve.

Lancane
10-28-2011, 05:12 PM
So you suggest that we get bench Tebow after watching him start 3 games this year and drop him next? So the evaluation of a 1st round QB should only be 6 games and if he struggles go draft another QB to throw him in. How long do you evaluate that one? Another 6 games???

Look, Tebow needs work on his mechanics, we all agree to that. He needs to get on page with his WR and he needs to learn what the D is doing and attack with the pass when the windows are there. But all these things can be learned with practice and "game experience". To think that Tebow won't work at these things now and in the future is nonsense and to only give him 6 games to prove himself is not idealistic. Fox and Elway didn't draft him but they should give him the time to grow and learn. It isn't the idiot fans that think they know better, but more of the idiot media types that are calling for Tebow's demise before he even has a chance to work and improve.

Let me ask you a question then j1m, what about what his presence is doing to the organization, that fan base and the league?

He's becoming deified without just reason and simply because who he is as a person, that makes him a polarizing character. Those who understand the game of football and I'm not talking about the 'Tebow Fanbois' who think they know about football, but those on here who really know the in's and out's of the sport...I want to ask them, do they not see the danger in how extreme this is getting? We want Tebow to succeed because he's a Bronco, but what if he wasn't, what if he was playing for Miami...would they seriously think he still has the ability to succeed, that he was a worthwhile quarterback prospect? Or would they feel that he's causing sort of a cult effect without proving anything?

That might be the biggest problem, the fact that he's causing such when he's literally had one solid game (Houston 2010), but has looked questionable in those other games, if not downright awful. People who've been around the sport, those who have proven their worth and more have said themselves that he's played badly, still has issues and a good number don't believe he'll succeed. Not that I'm against the underdog in such situations...but bloody hell. Has anyone here thought about what all this hype does to the organization itself, especially if he does fail? Those so wrapped into his religious mystique and feel that he's the answer for no other reason then simply belief? What does the team do if they feel they can not go forward with Tebow behind center? Is it fair for an organization to worry about the reaction that could come when they decide to replace a fundamentally bad player with someone of better quality because he's deified? Let's say Denver wins one or two games, but Tebow looks awful in almost every contest...does he deserve another year or should Denver then draft the best quarterback they can get? And if they do, will it cause some sort of unknown issue because of the Tebow fandom which has arisen?

The issue isn't giving Tebow a chance, we should let him finish the season and I would love for him to succeed...however, I'm getting to the point that I want him to fail because people are measuring his drive and dogma, not his ability to play the F'n game. Cam Newton is more deserving of such a following then Tebow, the same for Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers or Schaub. I would trade my testicles for a chance to get Cutler back or hell, I'd take Jake Plummer back at this point...because Tebow is not being measured fairly and that's a fact. So what does Denver do in light of those who're causing this fanboi cultism, if they move on then they'll bitch and whine and not for the right reasons?

The drafting of Tebow might become the greatest mistake Denver ever made, worse then firing Shanahan maybe even worse then hiring McDaniels.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 05:22 PM
Let me ask you a question then j1m, what about what his presence is doing to the organization, that fan base and the league?

He's becoming deified without just reason and simply because who he is as a person, that makes him a polarizing character. Those who understand the game of football and I'm not talking about the 'Tebow Fanbois' who think they know about football, but those on here who really know the in's and out's of the sport...I want to ask them, do they not see the danger in how extreme this is getting? We want Tebow to succeed because he's a Bronco, but what if he wasn't, what if he was playing for Miami...would they seriously think he still has the ability to succeed, that he was a worthwhile quarterback prospect? Or would they feel that he's causing sort of a cult effect without proving anything?

That might be the biggest problem, the fact that he's causing such when he's literally had one solid game (Houston 2010), but has looked questionable in those other games, if not downright awful. People who've been around the sport, those who have proven their worth and more have said themselves that he's played badly, still has issues and a good number don't believe he'll succeed. Not that I'm against the underdog in such situations...but bloody hell. Has anyone here thought about what all this hype does to the organization itself, especially if he does fail? Those so wrapped into his religious mystique and feel that he's the answer for no other reason then simply belief? What does the team do if they feel they can not go forward with Tebow behind center? Is it fair for an organization to worry about the reaction that could come when they decide to replace a fundamentally bad player with someone of better quality because he's deified? Let's say Denver wins one or two games, but Tebow looks awful in almost every contest...does he deserve another year or should Denver then draft the best quarterback they can get? And if they do, will it cause some sort of unknown issue because of the Tebow fandom which has arisen?

The issue isn't giving Tebow a chance, we should let him finish the season and I would love for him to succeed...however, I'm getting to the point that I want him to fail because people are measuring his drive and dogma, not his ability to play the F'n game. Cam Newton is more deserving of such a following then Tebow, the same for Brady, Rivers, Brees, Rodgers or Schaub. I would trade my testicles for a chance to get Cutler back or hell, I'd take Jake Plummer back at this point...because Tebow is not being measured fairly and that's a fact. So what does Denver do in light of those who're causing this fanboi cultism, if they move on then they'll bitch and whine and not for the right reasons?

The drafting of Tebow might become the greatest mistake Denver ever made, worse then firing Shanahan maybe even worse then hiring McDaniels.

Nice Lancane to slap Christians is the face and call us a cUlt. Because so many Christians who like football follow Tebow for what he stands and the type of guy he is for you call them a cult. Way to take it down a level.

Cam Newton deserves a following, "Mr. I Am An Icon". Hell no, he would get your daughter prego and then never pay a dime and ignore her. Tebow is the type of person people look up too and people actually like their kids to look up too. Dolphins Pouncey put it into good words 'Tim is the kind of guy I would let me daughter date". So just because a person is a great football player he deserves huge followers no matter the kind of guy he is? Dennis Rodman deserves a huge following of people because he is in the HOF, right.

Tebow has not hurt this organization of this franchise my being here, he has sparked huge interest with the team and has brought in more money. If you are so unhappy just leave. Because Tebow in here you obviously think the franchise is crappy.

I lost all respect for any post you will ever post on here. :tsk:

dogfish
10-28-2011, 05:27 PM
cane, what are you worrying about now?

:laugh:

Lancane
10-28-2011, 05:35 PM
Nice Lancane to slap Christians is the face and call us a colt. Because so many Christians who like football follow Tebow for what he stands and the type of guy he is for you call them a cult. Way to take it down a level.

Cam Newton deserves a following, "Mr. I Am An Icon". Hell no, he would get your daughter prego and then never pay a dime and ignore her. Tebow is the type of person people look up too and people actually like their kids to look up too. Dolphins Pouncey put it into good words 'Tim is the kind of guy I would let me daughter date". So just because a person is a great football player he deserves huge followers no matter the kind of guy he is? Dennis Rodman deserves a huge following of people because he is in the HOF, right.

Tebow has not hurt this organization of this franchise my being here, he has sparked huge interest with the team and has brought in more money. If you are so unhappy just leave. Because Tebow in here you obviously think the franchise is crappy.

First off, you just made yourself sound like an uneducated fool, the very term of cult or cultism is based on religious belief or dogma.

Cult [kuhlt] Show IPA
noun
a particular system of religious worship, especially with reference to its rites and ceremonies.
an instance of great veneration of a person, ideal, or thing, especially as manifested by a body of admirers: the physical fitness cult.
the object of such devotion.
a group or sect bound together by veneration of the same thing, person, ideal, etc.
Sociology. a group having a sacred ideology and a set of rites centering around their sacred symbols.

I don't give a shit if you lost respect for me, at least I am educated enough to know what the freaking meaning of cult is and in reference to in a normal conversation without getting my panties in a twist!

My post wasn't an attack on Christianity, it was attack on ideal that some fans feel that reverence for one's dogma in regards to an athlete was more important that his success in that sport. That the very idea that someone's beliefs is more important then how he plays the game could influence a team in a direction that many would come to regret.

Tell me Phidelt that Tebow isn't becoming deified with the 'Tebowing Movement' or with the outlandish fanboyism that has followed him?

vettesplus
10-28-2011, 05:35 PM

dude , you could of not re-wrote my opening statement any better, you hit the subject right on the head of the nail, congrats!!!!!:clap2::clap2:

vettesplus
10-28-2011, 05:38 PM
Nice Lancane to slap Christians is the face and call us a colt. Because so many Christians who like football follow Tebow for what he stands and the type of guy he is for you call them a cult. Way to take it down a level.

so um, explain to me what a COLT is?????:lol::lol:

D1g1tal j1m
10-28-2011, 05:50 PM

Those people who "know" football and shout it on TV, Twitter, Radio, etc have caused this uproar with their insistence that Tebow can't succeed because of a perceived flaw in his mechanics.

The reporting that Tebow looks bad in practice in set plays without any actual defensive pressure has made those people scream that the FO should just give up on Tebow. Orton is a vet and has been given ample time to get this team afloat but has failed. The fans have been fed a bunch of B.S. that the vet Orton gave us the best chance to win because he looks good in practice and throws with better mechanics. Tebow style won't work in the NFL, he needs to look more like Manning or Brady, but what QB really looks like those two.

I want to see Tebow develop. I want to have a QB that leads us to TD's and not FG's. I want the f'n playoffs. I don't care if Tebow is religious because that doesn't even factor into my thoughts when I watch the Orange and Blue. I just don't want the FO to sell me a bunch of B.S. when I can see with my own eyes that this team needed a change.

I'd trade your testicles for a winning QB who won't disgrace my Team with off the field crap. And if he doesn't succeed then draft a QB and let him learn how to handle himself like Tebow. I can guarantee that Tebow will work with the rookie to become a better player and person and won't cause any distractions as a backup.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 05:51 PM
First off, you just made yourself sound like an uneducated fool, the very term of cult or cultism is based on religious belief or dogma.

I don't give a shit if you lost respect for me, at least I am educated enough to know what the freaking meaning of cult is and in reference to in a normal conversation without getting my panties in a twist!

My post wasn't an attack on Christianity, it was attack on ideal that some fans feel that reverence for one's dogma in regards to an athlete was more important that his success in that sport. That the very idea that someone's beliefs is more important then how he plays the game could influence a team in a direction that many would come to regret.

Tell me Phidelt that Tebow isn't becoming deified with the 'Tebowing Movement' or with the outlandish fanboyism that has followed him?

I am definitely educated, and a college degree speaks for that. As for your cult definition, that is funny, because the dictionary definition means squat these days when many words have the more derogatory definitions that are used for the word 99% of the time. The word F-A-G is not used to refer to a cigarette these days. The word G-A-Y is not used to describe someone who is happy.

Here is a great cult definition for you that is "modern"

The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre

Your attack was against Christians that follow Tebow because he is a football player no matter how he does on the field. People dont thing he is "revered" or even a "deity" as you keep trying to use. He is seen my millions as a role model and a perfect example of how a Christian should act. 77% of the US calls themselves Christian, hence they would say belief in good is more important then football, so would most other religions except the 2% atheists. I could say you used DOGMA wrong, since the definition means DOCTRINE, and you are referring to beliefs, hows that being uneducated.

And to answer your question. Nobody is making him out to be a GOD (DEITY). He is being mocked by many and a role model to others. But nobody is praying to him or calling him the second coming.

D1g1tal j1m
10-28-2011, 05:54 PM
P.S. Don't target your frustration with the dismantling of this Team by McDaniels on Tebow.

nevcraw
10-28-2011, 05:58 PM

A bit dramatic.. Firing shanny was a need. bad timing but a need nonetheless.

Mcd was a mega-disaster no doubt but to condemn Tebow to anything remotely close to t this fate after 5 games is absurd.. respectfully.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:00 PM
A bit dramatic.. Firing shanny was a need. bad timing but a need nonetheless.

Mcd was a mega-disaster no doubt but to condemn Tebow to anything remotely close to t this fate after 5 games is absurd.. respectfully.

I think it is safe to say McD was the worst decision by this franchise. Lost all the talent for scrubs. Not to mention let him pick the draft which were like throwing darts at a board with names at it.

catfish
10-28-2011, 06:05 PM
I am definitely educated, and a college degree speaks for that. As for your cult definition, that is funny, because the dictionary definition means squat these days when many words have the more derogatory definitions that are used for the word 99% of the time. The word F-A-G is not used to refer to a cigarette these days. The word G-A-Y is not used to describe someone who is happy.

The word cult in current popular usage usually refers to a group whose beliefs or practices are considered abnormal or bizarre

Your attack was against Christians that follow Tebow because he is a football player no matter how he does on the field. People dont thing he is "revered" or even a "deity" as you keep trying to use. He is seen my millions as a role model and a perfect example of how a Christian should act. 77% of the US calls themselves Christian, hence they would say belief in good is more important then football, so would most other religions except the 2% atheists. I could say you used DOGMA wrong, since the definition means DOCTRINE, and you are referring to beliefs, hows that being uneducated.

And to answer your question. Nobody is making him out to be a GOD (DEITY). He is being mocked by many and a role model to others. But nobody is praying to him or calling him the second coming.

from merriam webster

: formal religious veneration : worship

: a system of religious beliefs and ritual; also: its body of adherents

: a religion regarded as unorthodox or spurious; also: its body of adherents

: a system for the cure of disease based on dogma set forth by its promulgator <health cults>

a: great devotion to a person, idea, object, movement, or work (as a film or book); especially: such devotion regarded as a literary or intellectual fad b: the object of such devotion c: a usually small group of people characterized by such devotion

D1g1tal j1m
10-28-2011, 06:06 PM
I think it is safe to say McD was the worst decision by this franchise. Lost all the talent for scrubs. Not to mention let him pick the draft which were like throwing darts at a board with names at it.

We are all in agreement on this, McD wasn't ready for that kind of responsibility and the Team and Franchise has suffered greatly for it.

Canmore
10-28-2011, 06:06 PM

It was worse than just darts, he had a blindfold on also. :tsk:

Dzone
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
Anyone get sports illustrated? Huge full page and 1/4 photo of Tebow inside with an article. Dayummm...The dude is everywhere.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:08 PM
It was worse than just darts, he had a blindfold on also. :tsk:

Drunk? High?

Canmore
10-28-2011, 06:11 PM
Drunk? High?

Wish I could blame that on him but I think we got exactly what we saw.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:13 PM
Wish I could blame that on him but I think we got exactly what we saw.

Kid left alone in a Toys-R-Us? Gets into everything and over their head and destroys everything?

Bull in china shop?

Canmore
10-28-2011, 06:22 PM
Kid left alone in a Toys-R-Us? Gets into everything and over their head and destroys everything?

Bull in china shop?

Pretty much sums it up.

Lancane
10-28-2011, 06:32 PM
I am definition educated, and a college degree speaks for that. As for your cult definition, that is funny, because the the dictionary definition means squat these days when many words have the more derogatory definitions that are used for the word 99% of the time. The word F-A-G is not used to refer to a cigarette these days. The word G-A-Y is not used to describe someone who is happy.

Good for you, I also have degrees, two of them in fact. The definition of a word can not be changed because social difference to the word, anyone with a college level education in English Literature can tell you that and if you do have a degree then you know it as well, the base meaning remains the same. A word might not be used such as the examples you gave, but the definition of the word will not change because of the slang terminology used due to the current social climate.

That's not a 'modern' definition, that's a Christianized version in order to slander lesser religions and belief systems, the very term of Christianity in the bible, the holy tome for which Christianity is based up, calls itself a cult. The word your looking for I believe is occultism, which is vastly different.

There was no attack on Christians, that's something you want to believe...for whatever reason. And I'm not going to try and change your opinion, believe what the hell you want, that's your 'God' given right.

Dog·ma [dawg-muh, dog-] Show IPA
noun, plural dog·mas or (Rare) dog·ma·ta  [dawg-muh-tuh] Show IPA.
an official system of principles or tenets concerning faith, morals, behavior, etc., as of a church. Synonyms: doctrine, teachings, set of beliefs, philosophy.
a specific tenet or doctrine authoritatively laid down, as by a church: the dogma of the Assumption; the recently defined dogma of papal infallibility. Synonyms: tenet, canon, law.
prescribed doctrine proclaimed as unquestionably true by a particular group: the difficulty of resisting political dogma.
a settled or established opinion, belief, or principle: the classic dogma of objectivity in scientific observation. Synonyms: conviction, certainty.

Really? Phidelt, I am sure that your a hard working American and probably a devout Christian, which I applaud, it's not easy to have continuously strong faith in times of social stress and burden. But you're wrong, the very base definition of deifying is 'Reverence', giving homage to thus 'Tebowing' is a sign of just that.

Please get a grip and realize that I am not against Tebow or his beliefs, I am against those who believe that he doesn't have to earn respect on the football field to be a starting quarterback or those that believe he should be catered to without earning such through his own actions.

The best way to put this is this...

If you were a head coach of a team, let's say in high school and in a Catholic based town with stagnantly rich moral climate. And there was a kid who had played quarterback in Middle School and grew up in the town, and was a favorite of the community and suddenly another kid transferred into your school, an All-American prospect from Texas, with better intangibles and mechanics, but wasn't a devout Catholic, he's let's say Southern Methodist or even Baptist...what sort of pressure would you be under by the community should you choose to start the transfer student over the local favorite?

Now apply that to this situation and you'll see what I am getting at.

Lancane
10-28-2011, 06:37 PM
We are all in agreement on this, McD wasn't ready for that kind of responsibility and the Team and Franchise has suffered greatly for it.

That's one way to look at it j1m...the other way to look at it was had Bowlen hired a true General Manager, someone with the right amount of control then it would never have turned out the way that it had.

Let's not lessen the blame that rests on the shoulders of others for the mess as well.

Dzone
10-28-2011, 06:46 PM
Hope Mcdaniels gets canned from the Rams after this debacle of a season there. Dude needs to get back to high school coaching and stay there

G_Money
10-28-2011, 06:51 PM
I remember people getting behind McDaniels because he was an offensive genius and Shanahan couldn't win anything and was picking worthless flunkies to run his defense.

It turned into screaming matches as he traded Jay, picked fights with other players, etc, but those players were demonized by many because they couldn't get along with the coach.

2 years later almost nobody would take Josh's side, because his body of work over a longer period of time proved that he was incapable of leading this organization. People might not believe Fox is the right man for the job, but nobody's arguing that McDaniels should have been retained.

Tebow will prove out, one way or the other. If he falls on his face, then his supporters will grumble but they'll be minimized because Tebow got the time to prove he could be successful and wasn't. If he succeeds, they'll be justified in their exuberance.

I agree with many that I want him to succeed or fail, and not be middling. But middling will = failing over a long enough time period. The only question is, "how long should Tebow get to show either failure or the promise of success?"

If he was benched now, for instance, to be replaced in the draft, Tebowites would be irate and we'd never hear the end of it, because he was never given a fair chance to succeed (true).

If he gets the 2011 and 2012 seasons and is failing there will be screams of agony if he's even considered for starting in 2013.

What's the sweet spot? Is this year enough, too much or too little? Should he get next year as well?

~G

Lancane
10-28-2011, 06:52 PM
Hope Mcdaniels gets canned from the Rams after this debacle of a season there. Dude needs to get back to high school coaching and stay there

He'll probably go to the collegiate ranks D, that seems to be his ceiling. With the mass amount of spread offenses in college football, I'd be surprised if he wasn't hired to coach at the college level.

Tned
10-28-2011, 06:54 PM
Biggest mistake in history of franchise? Hardly. At best, it runs a distant third to hiring McDaniels, and firing Shangaan. Assuming, that is, that in the end it turns out to be a mistake to have drafted Tebow.

As over the top as some Tebow fanatics are, the over dramatic Broncos fans are worse, IMO.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:56 PM
Biggest mistake in history of franchise? Hardly. At best, it runs a distant third to hiring McDaniels, and firing Shangaan. Assuming, that is, that in the end it turns out to be a mistake to have drafted Tebow.

As over the top as some Tebow fanatics are, the over dramatic Broncos fans are worse, IMO.

Tebow will always be worth something to some team. We will not go empty handed if we drop him. Jacksonville or Miami could trade a lot to bring home state hero back.

D1g1tal j1m
10-28-2011, 06:58 PM
That's one way to look at it j1m...the other way to look at it was had Bowlen hired a true General Manager, someone with the right amount of control then it would never have turned out the way that it had.

Let's not lessen the blame that rests on the shoulders of others for the mess as well.

I can only go with what actually transpired rather than what could have happened. McD wasn't the right guy to run the Franchise.

Lancane
10-28-2011, 07:01 PM
I remember people getting behind McDaniels because he was an offensive genius and Shanahan couldn't win anything and was picking worthless flunkies to run his defense.

It turned into screaming matches as he traded Jay, picked fights with other players, etc, but those players were demonized by many because they couldn't get along with the coach.

2 years later almost nobody would take Josh's side, because his body of work over a longer period of time proved that he was incapable of leading this organization. People might not believe Fox is the right man for the job, but nobody's arguing that McDaniels should have been retained.

Tebow will prove out, one way or the other. If he falls on his face, then his supporters will grumble but they'll be minimized because Tebow got the time to prove he could be successful and wasn't. If he succeeds, they'll be justified in their exuberance.

I agree with many that I want him to succeed or fail, and not be middling. But middling will = failing over a long enough time period. The only question is, "how long should Tebow get to show either failure or the promise of success?"

If he was benched now, for instance, to be replaced in the draft, Tebowites would be irate and we'd never hear the end of it, because he was never given a fair chance to succeed (true).

If he gets the 2011 and 2012 seasons and is failing there will be screams of agony if he's even considered for starting in 2013.

What's the sweet spot? Is this year enough, too much or too little? Should he get next year as well?

~G

I think that they have to give him the remaining ten weeks, to prove not only to the league and themselves, but also to the fans that either he is or is not good enough to play in this league. However, in that same sense they should absolutely not cater to him or adopt a football system that makes him look more competent then he really may be. This should be a test by fire sort-to-speak, and he'll have to show his meddle if he wants to be in this league as a pro quarterback.

The issue I'm starting to have is even with that, what kind of pressure will be placed on EFX in regards to Tebow's fanatical followers? The 'Tebowing' is a perfect example of this, does it cause them to make a decision that's not best for the team? Can they ignore it without coming under scrutiny? That's the real question IMHO.

Dzone
10-28-2011, 07:05 PM
With all due respect, isn't it a bit Egocentric to think that God cares so much about the outcome of a game? I mean, there are people dying of starvation and such all over the world , yet some people seem to think a football game is the most important thing going on in the whole damn universe.
Come on sheeple.

Lancane
10-28-2011, 07:08 PM

Really? Can you honestly say that Tned, should let's say the Broncos feel forced to keep him as a quarterback despite his inabilities to play the position because of his social status and fan favoritism? Would that not be more detrimental to this organization in whole? Yes, the firing of Shanahan and the hiring of McDaniels are probably both the worst things to happen to this franchise, but I'd say being forced to maybe keep a quarterback because he can not play the position as needed because outside influence and look mediocre for years could be just as grave as the other two. That's not being dramatic, it's being realistic.

The funny thing is that Broncos' fans have always been a little over dramatic, look at the love for Van Pelt when he was drafted, and how some said he's the future or will revolutionize the game, same song and dance...only he was less popular then Tebow. However, had he been on a different team, same with Tebow, many of those blindly supporting him would be blasting him worse then Hodge or Kiper, so...

Tned
10-28-2011, 07:10 PM
With all due respect, isn't it a bit Egocentric to think that God cares so much about the outcome of a game? I mean, there are people dying of starvation and such all over the world , yet some people seem to think a football game is the most important thing going on in the whole damn universe.
Come on sheeple.

Isn't it egotistical to think God cares about people dying of starvation? I don't know, but I think that's why we have a religion forum to keep those types of philosophical questions out of the football forums.

Dzone
10-28-2011, 07:11 PM
^Ok, sorry. Just wondering out loud. I really Dont want to discuss religion here.

Tned
10-28-2011, 07:14 PM
Really? Can you honestly say that Tned, should let's say the Broncos feel forced to keep him as a quarterback despite his inabilities to play the position because of his social status and fan favoritism? Would that not be more detrimental to this organization in whole? Yes, the firing of Shanahan and the hiring of McDaniels are probably both the worst things to happen to this franchise, but I'd say being forced to maybe keep a quarterback because he can not play the position as needed because outside influence and look mediocre for years could be just as grave as the other two. That's not being dramatic, it's being realistic.

The funny thing is that Broncos' fans have always been a little over dramatic, look at the love for Van Pelt when he was drafted, and how some said he's the future or will revolutionize the game, same song and dance...only he was less popular then Tebow. However, had he been on a different team, same with Tebow, many of those blindly supporting him would be blasting him worse then Hodge or Kiper, so...

For your scenario to play out, then drafting Tebow wouldn't even be the third worst mistake, because hiring an incompetent Elway then Fox would be three and four, if they do what you suggest.

Relax, let it play out and see if every worse case scenario you can imagine actually happens.

Lancane
10-28-2011, 07:16 PM
Isn't it egotistical to think God cares about people dying of starvation? I don't know, but I think that's why we have a religion forum to keep those types of philosophical questions out of the football forums.

Sort of hard to do that Tned, especially when you have such a popular figure to the Christian community on the roster, let alone in the position such has Tebow has. If it was strictly a philosophical discussion, then I'd completely agree with you, I try to keep religion out of my posts, but sometimes it's inevitable.

Tned
10-28-2011, 07:16 PM
^Ok, sorry. Just wondering out loud. I really Dont want to discuss religion here.

That makes two of us..

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 07:17 PM

Amen...oops....er...I mean good

catfish
10-28-2011, 07:23 PM

If this is indeed year one of a (optimistically) 3 year re-building program. Tebow can play this year and all of next year be cut at the end of the year, you could draft a first rounder at the end of that year, sit him behind a veteran free agent QB for a year all while re-building your program and still come out ahead. If Tebow is even a blip on the "biggest mistakes ever" list Denver is a very fortunate program. You guys act like you gave up the kind of picks teams are going to give up for Luck

Lancane
10-28-2011, 07:35 PM
If this is indeed year one of a (optimistically) 3 year re-building program. Tebow can play this year and all of next year be cut at the end of the year, you could draft a first rounder at the end of that year, sit him behind a veteran free agent QB for a year all while re-building your program and still come out ahead. If Tebow is even a blip on the "biggest mistakes ever" list Denver is a very fortunate program. You guys act like you gave up the kind of picks teams are going to give up for Luck

For the most part I agree with you Fish (Don't want to call you Cat), we're in one year of rebuilding, but I don't see Fox getting four years should we stall out for most of the other three. One season, maybe two...but by year three you better be winning and that'll be hard to do in this league with a re-tread veteran and a first round pick on the bench, in fact the upcoming draft is the most sensible time to draft a first round quarterback, otherwise Fox could be looking at a situation much like McDaniels did with Tebow, where he'll be fired and a new coach who is not married to that quarterback comes in and it becomes a similar situation, just different cast of characters.

No, we didn't give up a plethora of picks for Tebow like we would have to for Luck, but we did give up and waste a good number of picks and players to re-fix the quarterback situation that McDaniels caused; if you look at the drafting of Brandstater, trading of Hillis and a pick for Quinn, the picks used to acquire Tebow and those wasted from McDaniels' questionable drafting from the Cutler trade, then no we didn't trade the house and farm, but close enough to realize what we could have spent. Had we traded all the picks and players we did, we'd have enough in value to trade up for most first round quarterbacks.

I Eat Staples
10-28-2011, 07:56 PM

Why have scouts then? Just grab people off the street and give them 20 starts to see if they're any good. Nice logic.

Lancane made some excellent points. Unless Tebow becomes a star (unlikely) having him on this team is a bad thing for this organization, whether people want to see that or not.

catfish
10-28-2011, 08:22 PM
For the most part I agree with you Fish (Don't want to call you Cat), we're in one year of rebuilding, but I don't see Fox getting four years should we stall out for most of the other three. One season, maybe two...but by year three you better be winning and that'll be hard to do in this league with a re-tread veteran and a first round pick on the bench, in fact the upcoming draft is the most sensible time to draft a first round quarterback, otherwise Fox could be looking at a situation much like McDaniels did with Tebow, where he'll be fired and a new coach who is not married to that quarterback comes in and it becomes a similar situation, just different cast of characters.

No, we didn't give up a plethora of picks for Tebow like we would have to for Luck, but we did give up and waste a good number of picks and players to re-fix the quarterback situation that McDaniels caused; if you look at the drafting of Brandstater, trading of Hillis and a pick for Quinn, the picks used to acquire Tebow and those wasted from McDaniels' questionable drafting from the Cutler trade, then no we didn't trade the house and farm, but close enough to realize what we could have spent. Had we traded all the picks and players we did, we'd have enough in value to trade up for most first round quarterbacks.

I'm willing to concede that McDaniels drafting ability could rank top three all time disasters, just don't think it is Tebow's fault

Krugan
10-28-2011, 08:38 PM

~G

This is a really good post and sure opens up a good question.

Im not exactly sure, just giving him this year really is going to give us alot of answers.

first and formost, we are breaking in another head coach, and new DC, without the benefit of a full offseason. This is not a crutch, but should be taken into consideration on alot of possible moves with personal.

Second, Tebow is coming in after the season has started, to a team that was 3 games in the tank. Expecting him to right the ship, well its really not a clean slate to start on.

Third, we have to look at the overall talent on this team, and adjust expectations placed on a, rookie starting QB for the most part. Its abit much to hold him to a higher standard than the rest of this team.

All those points lead me to believe the kid needs at least this year and next to truly see where he would be in the ideal situation, that being, an offseason where is scheduled to be the starter, a full offseason with a coach that isnt just walking in the door, and a full offseason to adjust to first string wrs/te and his oline.

Im not a Tebow fan, but to be fair and see what we have, its going to take more than what we have afforded this year.

dogfish
10-28-2011, 08:50 PM

~G

i'd say the sweet spot would be tim not sailing any more passes into the dugout, so people can feel a little more comfortable about the possibility of him getting another year. . . .

:elefant:

and cane, i think you're worrying needlessly that elway doesn't have the nuts to do what's right for the franchise rather than appeasing some dumb fans. . . come on, man-- the duke is waaaaaay to competitive to allow his team to lose because of marketing. . .

you're taking this tebowing stuff too seriously-- it's just a joke for most people. . .

Lancane
10-28-2011, 09:25 PM
i'd say the sweet spot would be tim not sailing any more passes into the dugout, so people can feel a little more comfortable about the possibility of him getting another year. . . .

:elefant:

and cane, i think you're worrying needlessly that elway doesn't have the nuts to do what's right for the franchise rather than appeasing some dumb fans. . . come on, man-- the duke is waaaaaay to competitive to allow his team to lose because of marketing. . .

you're taking this tebowing stuff too seriously-- it's just a joke for most people. . .

Are you forgetting how fanatical his fans are? But maybe your right...

Then again, Elway also said that "Were not going to run a conservative offense" either, and if anything we've been very conservative...so I'll guess we'll have to wait and see, but don't expect me to swallow it either bro if I feel the need to verbally defend my position.

;)

Nomad
10-28-2011, 09:33 PM
TEBOW :werd: :heh:

JPPT1974
10-28-2011, 09:33 PM
They need to cut Tebow some slack. As well as learn to rally behind him. QB or just as a normal person.

Nomad
10-28-2011, 09:54 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FDJm2ShwI1k:lol: GO TIGERS!

Seriously, I hope Tebow proves all his naysayers wrong and gets the BRONCOS back to winning and the playoffs.....I'm rootin for the young man!

nevcraw
10-28-2011, 10:28 PM
TV, DirectV, Al Gore-net, Social Media, it's all to blame...

bottom line is we got a polarizing QB with unique talents and not prototypical ones.. Let it play out.. Either way he's a good kid and doing some things that make wins possible.

I for one will enjoy this ride -- I enjoy rooting for my team with a QB that has some qualities that are not found with your average game manager. for every QB post elway it was easy to predict most outcomes until this one..

Watchthemiddle
10-28-2011, 10:45 PM
The more people talk about TEBOW, it means the more we are winning.

Winning makes me happy. I actually look forward to watching games now, as before with Orton and our lackluster attitude by the entire team, made me sad.

Now we have something/someone positive to cheer for. We are being talked about on a national scale. I can turn on NFL network or ESPN and its not all about the Cowboys, Pats, Chargers, and Eagles. The Broncos are actually relevant and get used to all of the attention because we will continue to keep winning.

This team is behind Tebow 100%. You can hear it in Champs voice, B-Dawk, and other leaders on the team.

For someone to start a thread actually WISHING for a Denver Bronco player to fail just to prove a point is beyond me. Tebow has never been a failure, so you better get used to and embrace the attention.

Just wait until he/broncos beat the Lions this weekend. Better dig in, because it is just beginning. :salute:

rcsodak
10-28-2011, 10:49 PM
:laugh:

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

I Eat Staples
10-29-2011, 12:55 AM
I don't want to put ESPN on and see them constantly talking about a player on our team who isn't even good (yet.) It just makes us look bad that there isn't anything else about this team to talk about and it makes our fanbase look bad for getting hyped up about a guy like Tebow. The majority of NFL fans are laughing at us.

G_Money
10-29-2011, 01:09 AM
ESPN doesn't have to make us look bad. We've managed to do a remarkable job of that all on our own over the last couple of years.

Tebow's at least keeping people interested until we can rebuild the Broncos into the sort of team that merits attention for its (good) play on the field.

~G

Davii
10-29-2011, 02:43 AM
I'm tired of reading about the European debt crisis. At least I can read about something else for the first 20 minutes of my day. Thanks Tebow!

vettesplus
10-29-2011, 10:23 AM
The more people talk about TEBOW, it means the more we are winning.

Winning makes me happy. I actually look forward to watching games now, as before with Orton and our lackluster attitude by the entire team, made me sad.

Now we have something/someone positive to cheer for. We are being talked about on a national scale. I can turn on NFL network or ESPN and its not all about the Cowboys, Pats, Chargers, and Eagles. The Broncos are actually relevant and get used to all of the attention because we will continue to keep winning.

This team is behind Tebow 100%. You can hear it in Champs voice, B-Dawk, and other leaders on the team.

For someone to start a thread actually WISHING for a Denver Bronco player to fail just to prove a point is beyond me. Tebow has never been a failure, so you better get used to and embrace the attention.

Just wait until he/broncos beat the Lions this weekend. Better dig in, because it is just beginning. :salute:

it would of been a positive statement if you would of left that word out, it takes more than he, its a team effort not a tt effort to win a game...

jhildebrand
10-29-2011, 10:30 AM
Well...

Like it or not, Tebow is good for this organization. Without him we would be completely irrelevant. We would be buried at the end of the highlight shows and only shown because they are obligated to.

The masses like Tebow. I am ok with that. I would rather there be a positive look at our team right now than what we have had in the past i.e. Cutler on Best Damn, Cutler v Rivers, Plummer flipping the bird to the home crowd.

Shazam!
10-29-2011, 10:47 AM
Tim Tebow is the ONLY THING that makes the Broncos relevant.

Ravage!!!
10-29-2011, 10:59 AM
I don't want to put ESPN on and see them constantly talking about a player on our team who isn't even good (yet.) It just makes us look bad that there isn't anything else about this team to talk about and it makes our fanbase look bad for getting hyped up about a guy like Tebow. The majority of NFL fans are laughing at us.

Exactly.

Some think that Tebow is good because he makes us "relevant" in the media, and that they are talking about us. To me, its not good because the constant "joke" is that the media is only talking about Tebow. A QB that hasn't done anything yet, but seems to be the "frenzy" of the NFL. Its embarrassing.

We aren't talked about because we are good, we aren't talked about because we are the surprise of the NFL (like Detroit/Buffalo).
We aren't talked about because we look to be playoff/Super Bowl contenders. No, we are talked about because we have Tebow at QB and whether or not that leads to us drafting Andrew Luck.

When my friends ask about my Broncos and Tebow..... they aren't asking because they are interested. They are asking while they are laughing.

Dreadnought
10-29-2011, 11:08 AM
Exactly.

Some think that Tebow is good because he makes us "relevant" in the media, and that they are talking about us. To me, its not good because the constant "joke" is that the media is only talking about Tebow. A QB that hasn't done anything yet, but seems to be the "frenzy" of the NFL. Its embarrassing.

We aren't talked about because we are good, we aren't talked about because we are the surprise of the NFL (like Detroit/Buffalo).
We aren't talked about because we look to be playoff/Super Bowl contenders. No, we are talked about because we have Tebow at QB and whether or not that leads to us drafting Andrew Luck.

When my friends ask about my Broncos and Tebow..... they aren't asking because they are interested. They are asking while they are laughing.

I haven't seen any of that, to be honest. Nowhere, apart from this MB. What I am seeing is supposed sports journalists overinvested in the guy's failure ahead of time, and rattling on and on and on about it. They are in potential danger of looking really stupid. I hope for that with all my heart.

In all the sports media coverage I've seen nothing positive about the guy at all. Tned's links to a certain radio show (which pays us not a dime, BTW) are as close as I've seen to anything objective and rational. Truly amazing. They do talk about all this media hype about the guy, but I never see any of the hype itself, save for the snotty mockery and sneering. Its nauseating, to be honest.

Have I mentioned lately how much I loathe sports media? Maybe not today yet.

Ravage!!!
10-29-2011, 11:15 AM
I haven't seen any of that, to be honest. Nowhere, apart from this MB. What I am seeing is supposed sports journalists overinvested in the guy's failure ahead of time, and rattling on and on and on about it. They are in potential danger of looking really stupid.

See, I don't get this Dread. I don't think people are "invested" in their opinion. People give their opinion. Their view on Tebow isn't going to change that for an instant, and it certainly isn't going to ruin careers. THey aren't going to look stupid, because for every guy that says someone is going to look bad, there are 50 others that looked "stupid" because they were high on another that failed.

So there is no difference in guessing one player will fail in the NFL than guessing someone else will have great success. Look at all the people that thought Reggie Bush was going to be a super star. Who cares that they thought that, now? I don't.

Nomad
10-29-2011, 11:17 AM
Funny how....funny like a clown.....

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=IWINtUCshxY

Dreadnought
10-29-2011, 11:36 AM
See, I don't get this Dread. I don't think people are "invested" in their opinion. People give their opinion. Their view on Tebow isn't going to change that for an instant, and it certainly isn't going to ruin careers. THey aren't going to look stupid, because for every guy that says someone is going to look bad, there are 50 others that looked "stupid" because they were high on another that failed.

So there is no difference in guessing one player will fail in the NFL than guessing someone else will have great success. Look at all the people that thought Reggie Bush was going to be a super star. Who cares that they thought that, now? I don't.

Oh I know they won't be called on it. They just look even worse than usual to me re: Tebow, and I enjoy any opportunity I can get to put a boot in the groin of the guild of sports journalists. And I do believe there is more to the Tebow hatred than merely pointing out the (many) deficiencies of his QB play - aside from the overly rehashed religious aspect.

I think partly its a sports culture that has celebrated "bad boys" and anti heros since Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, and Muhammed Ali, and then made fun of Roger Staubach for being faithful to his wife (as did in fact happen). Tebow isn't "their kind" of guy, and the screenwriters for that idiotic ESPN show "Playmakers" couldn't have even imagined him. He is unironic and unsophisticated and sincere and couldn't be any less cool if he tried. They don't know what to do with him.

Tned
10-29-2011, 11:58 AM
it would of been a positive statement if you would of left that word out, it takes more than he, its a team effort not a tt effort to win a game...

Yes, it's a team effort, but everyone knows that the QB is the most critical single player on the team.

What's Champ's record as a starter? You don't know? Of course not, because they only track wins and losses for the quarterback.

Stop being so negative and anti-Tebow and just sit back and see where things go. Let the kid sink or swim on his own, stop trying to wrap him in chains and help him sink.

Ravage!!!
10-29-2011, 12:04 PM
Oh I know they won't be called on it. They just look even worse than usual to me re: Tebow, and I enjoy any opportunity I can get to put a boot in the groin of the guild of sports journalists. And I do believe there is more to the Tebow hatred than merely pointing out the (many) deficiencies of his QB play - aside from the overly rehashed religious aspect.

I think partly its a sports culture that has celebrated "bad boys" and anti heros since Joe Namath, Ken Stabler, and Muhammed Ali, and then made fun of Roger Staubach for being faithful to his wife (as did in fact happen). Tebow isn't "their kind" of guy, and the screenwriters for that idiotic ESPN show "Playmakers" couldn't have even imagined him. He is unironic and unsophisticated and sincere and couldn't be any less cool if he tried. They don't know what to do with him.

I don't think its that. I think its the fact that a LOT of ESPN heads are ex-players of some sport. Many of them have their own radio/tv shows and such, and see a guy that gets SOOOOOOOO much fan-fair. Listen to what happens on any radio show if you say anything negative about Tebow.. they are BOMBARDED with emails and calls. It gets...on..their...nerves. They now feel like they have to pull the "and I'm not attacking Tebow on this"... comment with EVERYTHING thing they say. Sooo many out there want to praise the kid when he hasn't proved ANYTHING yet, that it gets on the nerves of the guys that have actually been on the field.

Because of all the ridiculous hype and praise he has gotten, from his over-zealous fans, that when he doesn't play well...... they JUMP ON IT. Purely because they know those that have given them shit on the radio/tv for being critical, are listening. It's kind of a "pay back for your crap and telling me he's great when he hasn't shown diddly".... kind of thing.

I Eat Staples
10-29-2011, 03:31 PM
Exactly.

Yep, you wouldn't believe how many of my friends make jokes about Tebow on my facebook wall. The whole thing is a big joke to the media, and everyone other than Bronco and Gator fans realize it.

I don't know about them, but speaking for myself here, the only thing I dislike about Tebow is his fans. I have nothing against the guy as a person, its just beyond annoying how a guy who isn't even a good QB prospect has the fan following that he does. Not to mention all the NEGATIVE attention it brings to the Broncos. We're basically the joke of the NFL right now.

Now NONE of that is Tebow's fault, and I have nothing against him. The person I blame for all of this is McD, the only idiot who'd draft a QB like Tebow in the first round. I think the majority of people who criticize his play, are simply being honest about their opinion. Looking at Tebow objectively, he looks poised to be a REALLY bad NFL QB. That isn't hatred, its just an honest observation. The hatred (from me at least) is directed at McD and Tebow's annoying fans.

dogfish
10-29-2011, 03:35 PM
friends making fun of you about the broncos?

man up and tell them to go **** themselves. . . :salute:

i grew up rooting for the broncos an hour south of cleveland. . . in the mid-80's and early 90's. . . and i don't wanna hear a word of complaint about anybody else having to put up with a little crap over liking the broncs!

Nomad
10-29-2011, 03:36 PM
Yes, it's a team effort, but everyone knows that the QB is the most critical single player on the team.

What's Champ's record as a starter? You don't know? Of course not, because they only track wins and losses for the quarterback.

Stop being so negative and anti-Tebow and just sit back and see where things go. Let the kid sink or swim on his own, stop trying to wrap him in chains and help him sink.

Exactly!

You're not being laughed at to where your wittle feelings are getting hurt....are you Tned:lol:

I Eat Staples
10-29-2011, 03:39 PM

i grew up rooting for the broncos an hour south of cleveland. . . in the mid-80's and early 90's. . . and i don't wanna hear a word of complaint about anybody else having to put up with a little crap over liking the broncs!

Oh don't worry, I do. And I live 10 minutes outside of Philly surrounded by fans of the "Dream team" Eagles who have been pretty easy to make fun of themselves lately.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-29-2011, 03:40 PM

No such thing as bad publicity. There hasn't been much talk at all about the Broncos the last few years that weren't negative and directly related to McDouchenozzle.

I'll take the good with the bad press about Tebow. I like seeing my Broncos generate buzz. With Tebow you get good and bad, but at least you get something... ;)

broncobryce
10-29-2011, 05:24 PM

Yeah, crying because "my friends make fun of me boo hoo" tells me all I need to know. So you blame tebow? Sorry that just sounds like you have no balls and get owned by your buddys. Your fault.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

weazel
10-29-2011, 05:40 PM
http://www.bogley.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33214&d=1271879232

Juriga72
10-29-2011, 06:59 PM
http://www.bogley.com/forum/attachment.php?attachmentid=33214&d=1271879232

WOW.... look at that ass.... he must work out

Lancane
10-29-2011, 07:04 PM
WOW.... look at that ass.... he must work out

:rofl:

I might not see eye to eye with you on everything regarding Tebow...but that was funny shit! :laugh:

Ravage!!!
10-29-2011, 07:14 PM

Hah.. .I live in Chief country. Both sides of my family own Chief season tickets. So I get plenty of shit. Its not so much the "normal" crap you get, though.

Dzone
10-29-2011, 08:20 PM
Heres video of Tebow miced against houston. Havent seen this on in a while

http://www.hulu.com/watch/271069/sound-fx-week-16-tim-tebow

T.K.O.
10-29-2011, 08:35 PM
Trust me folks...people have had much better reasons to laugh at the Broncos than Tim ******* Tebow:D
i could care less what "they" are saying...and if the team starts winning more games with Tebow at QB i dont care if the wins are "pretty":salute:

jhildebrand
10-29-2011, 10:03 PM
I would think people would be more embarassed that this team hired McDaniels, let him ruin the organization, and gave Kyle Orton the reigns.

I would think 7-24 in the last 31, the WORST IN THE LEAGUE, is more embarassing.

Relevant? It doesn't matter much when keeping it strictly to the media. The coverage DOES matter. Just ask Mr. Bowlen. There is a reason Tebow graced the cover of the team program. The relevance matters because it broadens the fan base WELL OUTSIDE the Rocky Mountain Region which is very good for Mr. Bowlen and us as fans.

So you can knock me, Ravage, for my relevance post but your myopic view on the matter is doing you no favors. What else should the team have done? :confused: Carry on with KO? Go to Quinn and lose a better pick? Play Adam Weber? Come On! The team did and is doing the only thing they can do.

Finally, before people get even more carried away about us being the laughing stock, look no further than Kordell Stewart. He was the laughing stock at one point. He heard about everything TT has. He laughed all the way to the AFCCG and had it not been for the Broncos would have that SB ring.

Lancane
10-29-2011, 11:14 PM
I would think people would be more embarassed that this team hired McDaniels, let him ruin the organization, and gave Kyle Orton the reigns.

I would think 7-24 in the last 31, the WORST IN THE LEAGUE, is more embarassing.

Wow, we've graduated from being the Denver Lions to the Denver Panthers (or) from being a Three Ring Circus to a Carnival Fair! Sorry Jhil, but your acting like we've made great strides of improvement. In fact it could be argued that other then the addition of Miller were the same damn team, at least McDaniels offense could score points, even if the stats for a certain quarterback were inflated (not supporting McDaniels) but it sort of feels like Tomato - Tomatoe argument.

Relevant? It doesn't matter much when keeping it strictly to the media. The coverage DOES matter. Just ask Mr. Bowlen. There is a reason Tebow graced the cover of the team program. The relevance matters because it broadens the fan base WELL OUTSIDE the Rocky Mountain Region which is very good for Mr. Bowlen and us as fans.

Sorry to be the one to knock some 'friends' back to reality, the circus or carnival act doesn't mean diddly squat, all the fiscal intake from the selling of gear and other merchandise (unless purchased from the Broncos online store) is divided among all teams, I use to think much like you, but it's really five and dime. Bowlen makes more then Tebow could net the organization with one playoff game appearance. So how does it benefit the team? The television contract is a set contract, there is very little fiscal gain unless they're buying seats for an already sold out stadium.

So you can knock me, Ravage, for my relevance post but your myopic view on the matter is doing you no favors. What else should the team have done? :confused: Carry on with KO? Go to Quinn and lose a better pick? Play Adam Weber? Come On! The team did and is doing the only thing they can do.

I think most of us agree on that, and no one is saying to pull him from the lineup either. Sorry, but his mass fanatical popularity and rabid fan base of his is quite embarrassing. Sadly enough it looks like were losing respectable, knowledgeable Bronco fans to the hysteria, almost like their wits were sucked out of them! We've got Jimmy Swaggart with an arm (nevermind, scratch that) more like Jerry Fallwell with legs.

Finally, before people get even more carried away about us being the laughing stock, look no further than Kordell Stewart. He was the laughing stock at one point. He heard about everything TT has. He laughed all the way to the AFCCG and had it not been for the Broncos would have that SB ring.

Kordell Stewart was a joke, he sucked so bad that he was yanked out of several games by Bill Cowher just to freaking yell at him for screwing up. He had two good seasons in eleven years. If that's what Tebow brings, I look forward to the day of salvation when we finally get our own Ben Roethlisberger!

;)

dogfish
10-30-2011, 12:06 AM
cane, i agree with you about ellis and xanders, and i agree with you about mike mccoy. . . but what else did/do you want fox and elway to do with tebow? mcdaniels left them a turd timebomb-- plus kyle orton's friggin' contract. . .

how do you think they should have dealt with the QB situation this year?

Lancane
10-30-2011, 12:35 AM
cane, i agree with you about ellis and xanders, and i agree with you about mike mccoy. . . but what else did/do you want fox and elway to do with tebow? mcdaniels left them a turd timebomb-- plus kyle orton's friggin' contract. . .

how do you think they should have dealt with the QB situation this year?

And I understand that, I truly do...

What should they have done? I don't think they could've done much differently to be honest. With how it played out, I think that Coach Fox and company did the best they could in that situation.

How everything turned out before and during the San Diego game, I think they really had no choice. And now, it would be stupid to make the switch again or even play Quinn over Tebow, unless he looks worse then last week.

The thing that deters me is the added crap both on the board and in the media, let Tebow sink or swim like all other young quarterbacks. It's the hype and fanaticism that's bothering me with the whole situation. He looked awful and had a couple minutes where he played solid and people act like he's Bart Starr reborn. And it was bad enough with all the Floridians and Tebowites adding their praise and reverence to the issue, or blaming everything and everyone else while near damn demanding that they cater to him...and now this Tebowing crap? Come on, really? As if the hype bullshit wasn't enough! What would happen if Rodgers started doing something like that which caught on? We'd being saying how dumb and hysterical they are, but at least he can win and throw from the pocket and looks like a quarterback. I guess in truth that I'm disgusted that Tebow hasn't proven anything and so many act like he has. Then I look and see what Newton has done or Dalton and it's not even comparable.

chazoe60
10-30-2011, 12:51 AM
And I understand that, I truly do...

What should they have done? I don't think they could've done much differently to be honest. With how it played out, I think that Coach Fox and company did the best they could in that situation.

How everything turned out before and during the San Diego game, I think they really had no choice. And now, it would be stupid to make the switch again or even play Quinn over Tebow, unless he looks worse then last week.

The thing that deters me is the added crap both on the board and in the media, let Tebow sink or swim like all other young quarterbacks. It's the hype and fanaticism that's bothering me with the whole situation. He looked awful and had a couple minutes where he played solid and people act like he's Bart Starr reborn. And it was bad enough with all the Floridians and Tebowites adding their praise and reverence to the issue, or blaming everything and everyone else while near damn demanding that they cater to him...and now this Tebowing crap? Come on, really? As if the hype bullshit wasn't enough! What would happen if Rodgers started doing something like that which caught on? We'd being saying how dumb and hysterical they are, but at least he can win and throw from the pocket and looks like a quarterback. I guess in truth that I'm disgusted that Tebow hasn't proven anything and so many act like he has. Then I look and see what Newton has done or Dalton and it's not even comparable.

I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I also think the other side is just as annoying. The other side being the people who say "see I told you he sucks. He'll never be a good QB. I wish he'd just suck for the rest of the season so people will see that I'm right."

I want what's best for the Broncos and the best thing for the Broncos, whether it's realistic or not, is for Tebow to prove to ba a franchise QB so we can concentrate our efforts on plugging up the many other holes on this team.

I think most Bronco fans are like us. Doubtful one moment, cautiously optimistic the next. We really don't know what the Hell to think of the kid. I do know we can't bypass the tremendous talent at the QB position in the next draft unless we find out for sure Tebow is the man.

Canmore
10-30-2011, 01:10 AM
I agree with a lot of what you're saying but I also think the other side is just as annoying. The other side being the people who say "see I told you he sucks. He'll never be a good QB. I wish he'd just suck for the rest of the season so people will see that I'm right."

I want what's best for the Broncos and the best thing for the Broncos, whether it's realistic or not, is for Tebow to prove to ba a franchise QB so we can concentrate our efforts on plugging up the many other holes on this team.

I think most Bronco fans are like us. Doubtful one moment, cautiously optimistic the next. We really don't know what the Hell to think of the kid. I do know we can't bypass the tremendous talent at the QB position in the next draft unless we find out for sure Tebow is the man.

I wanted to see Tebow play. We need to see what we've got.

You can count me in on thoughts about Tim and the upcoming draft. I hope there is a definitive consensus on Tebow's play after the season is finished. We either stay with him or draft a quarterback.

pnbronco
10-30-2011, 01:25 AM
I wanted to see Tebow play. We need to see what we've got.

You can count me in on thoughts about Tim and the upcoming draft. I hope there is a definitive consensus on Tebow's play after the season is finished. We either stay with him or draft a quarterback.

That's pretty much where I am these days. Let the season play out and see what they do or don't have at the end. I don't even think it's if we draft a QB, I think it's almost where we draft a QB.

The reality is there is still over half the season to go so I really, really hope there is a clear consensus at the end of this season.

BTW I still remember where that ignore button is......if push comes to shove I'll go use it again......:D

Canmore
10-30-2011, 01:32 AM
That's pretty much where I am these days. Let the season play out and see what they do or don't have at the end. I don't even think it's if we draft a QB, I think it's almost where we draft a QB.

The reality is there is still over half the season to go so I really, really hope there is a clear consensus at the end of this season.

BTW I still remember where that ignore button is......if push comes to shove I'll go use it again......:D

I guess I should have been more clear. I'm sure we will draft a quarterback but do we take one in the first round? We have so many holes to fill, it would be nice if Tebow can show he is the man.

pnbronco
10-30-2011, 01:39 AM
I guess I should have been more clear. I'm sure we will draft a quarterback but do we take one in the first round? We have so many holes to fill, it would be nice if Tebow can show he is the man.

We so agree on that one.........:D

I Eat Staples
10-30-2011, 02:28 PM
Why is it okay to take a stance on every player but Tebow? Why do you have to take the "wait and see" approach for him? You can evaluate him based on his play in college and so far in the NFL and predict whether or not you think he'll be successful.

At least the Gator fans are willing to take a stance.

Tned
10-30-2011, 02:48 PM
We so agree on that one.........:D

Let's not forget that if the Broncos win today, KC wins on Monday night, then the Broncos will have a chance to be right back in the mix when they face Oakland next week.

Granted, a lot of "ifs," but the first step is the Broncos winning back to back games for the first time, since the early '09 season.

vettesplus
10-30-2011, 06:28 PM
i hope this tt performance will put alittle bit of hush on the tebow thing, we can just hope. the tebow ship has begun to sink.....

chazoe60
10-30-2011, 06:32 PM
Lets all cheer for Vettes, he got his wish, The Broncos suck! Hip hip hooray. Hip hip hooray.

vettesplus
10-30-2011, 06:46 PM
i love the broncos" i hate to see them in this state of mind and play, i just think the biggest problem needs to be fixed that lines up behind center, it will not be long.... as i type this i hear tt on the tv talking about how he needs to get better, duh!!!!!!