PDA

View Full Version : McGahee misses another Broncos practice, likely out vs. Lions

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2011, 01:12 PM
The Broncos are back outdoors, and back in pads, for practice today.

With the two main practice fields at Dove Valley cleared of snow, starting quarterback Tim Tebow​ went to work with a full complement of wide receivers. The only offensive player who remains out of practice is starting running back Willis McGahee​, who had surgery on Tuesday to repair a broken bone in his right hand.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_19206625

NightTrainLayne
10-27-2011, 01:23 PM
SMH.

I think I'd trade our "full complement of healthy receivers" for McGahee. .. actually, I know I would. We need to be able to run the ball on Sunday.

BigDaddyBronco
10-27-2011, 01:27 PM
SMH.

I think I'd trade our "full complement of healthy receivers" for McGahee. .. actually, I know I would. We need to be able to run the ball on Sunday.

What? No faith in Moreno? :D

slim
10-27-2011, 01:28 PM
Lance Ball.

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 02:44 PM
I hope Johnson comes up for a game and lights it up. I figure McGahee will be out 2 weeks.

Davii
10-27-2011, 02:46 PM
Detroit has had issues against the run. This might be Moreno's chance to shine. If he's not getting it done I hope Fox isn't shy about going to Lance or JJ.

dogfish
10-27-2011, 02:49 PM
tim tebow

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 02:50 PM
Detroit has had issues against the run. This might be Moreno's chance to shine. If he's not getting it done I hope Fox isn't shy about going to Lance or JJ.

They are also going to have to depend on the passing game with 1 RB having a brain tumor removed, Javid Best being injured and not 100%.

slim
10-27-2011, 02:52 PM
Detroit is a little overrated, IMO.

They can't run the ball and they can't stop the run.

Ziggy
10-27-2011, 11:58 PM
They're middle of the pack against the run. If Magehee were healty, I'd feel pretty good about our run game Sunday.

Davii
10-28-2011, 12:21 AM
I feel pretty good about it. I think Tim will have some nice qb draws if they're coming off the edge hard. They're linebackers aren't all that, so if our runners can get past the line they should be able to get 4-5 consistently with 8-10+ coming here and there

rcsodak
10-28-2011, 07:11 AM

Not really. Take away the big run last week and they hold him to 2.9ypc. They are playing fine minus a breakdown here/there.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
10-28-2011, 07:14 AM
I feel pretty good about it. I think Tim will have some nice qb draws if they're coming off the edge hard. They're linebackers aren't all that, so if our runners can get past the line they should be able to get 4-5 consistently with 8-10+ coming here and there
Lol. So who, exactly, is going to be pushing Suh and/or Williams out of the way for said runs?
I know McCoy says that's on Dupe...but I imagine Suh may have something to say about it.

Suh is stronger than any 2 Denver Olinemen, imo.

BORDERLINE
10-28-2011, 10:32 AM
If there ever is a moment for Moreno to have the breakout game of his career it would have to be this one. Willis is out, Moreno will jump back into the starting spot. If he plays well it will be all over the post game shows and will give him a HUGE boost of confidence. Man Moreno better step up. I feel if he has 130+ rushing yards we will have a good chance to win the game.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2011, 03:34 PM
Call it the Holy Heck of facemask penalties. First Broncos running back Willis McGahee had an 11-yard run called back in the third quarter last Sunday at Miami when he grabbed the facemask of Dolphin tackler, Sean Smith. McGahee drew a a 15-yard penalty on the play.

McGahee also broke the fourth metacarpal on his right hand on the play as it got caught up in Smith’s facemask. Finally, the league levied a $7,500 fine against McGahee for his infraction. Ouch. Double-Ouch. Ouch.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/10/28/mcgahee-fined-7500-for-grabbing-facemask-dolphins-bell-15000-for-hit-on-tebow/10419/

T.K.O.
10-28-2011, 03:38 PM
ive never heard of anyone being fined for a face mask ?:confused:

G_Money
10-28-2011, 03:43 PM
Certainly not a skill-position player. Though since I'm a defensive guy it is sorta nice to see an offensive player fined for an infraction for once.

The phantom hits drawing 15 yard flags and fines are becoming more aggravating by the week.

~G

DenBronx
11-03-2011, 11:50 AM
Does anyone know if McGahee will be ready to play vs the raiders?

He said on Twitter right after he broke his hand that "he wouldnt let the team down". Also the injury was said to be 1-2 weeks until he could play.

We could really use him this week.

rcsodak
11-03-2011, 01:11 PM
Day to day-Coach Fox

BroncoNut
11-03-2011, 01:12 PM
Just Peachy. The Lions are going to kill us again for sure

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-03-2011, 01:13 PM
It would have been nice to have McGahee against the Lions. It's been a LONG time since we had a running back that could break tackles the way McGahee does.

BroncoNut
11-03-2011, 01:14 PM
It would have been nice to have McGahee against the Lions. It's been a LONG time since we had a running back that could break tackles the way McGahee does.

and McGahee is not that good. He just looks really good with our shitty team. I want Baltimore's Ray Rice in our backfield

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-03-2011, 01:39 PM
and McGahee is not that good. He just looks really good with our shitty team. I want Baltimore's Ray Rice in our backfield

I dunno. He's 6'1" 235, fairly shifty and has decent speed for his size. I think he's a pretty good back.

As far as Ray Rice goes, Doug Martin should be available in the 2nd round!

:strongy:

BroncoNut
11-03-2011, 02:38 PM
I dunno. He's 6'1" 235, fairly shifty and has decent speed for his size. I think he's a pretty good back.

no, I think he is good. no Thomas Jones though

Cugel
11-03-2011, 02:40 PM

Oh, God! Not another 1st or 2nd round RB! Haven't we learned our lesson with No-show Moreno? Unless you are drafting an Adrian Peterson it just isn't worth it. You can get a Peyton Hillis in the 7th round or Ryan Torain in the 3rd or a bunch of other RBs who are good players in the NFL in later rounds.

The Ravens have a solid team on both offense and defense and can afford to spend a 2nd round pick on a RB like they did on Rice. Denver absolutely can't!

They simply MUST get a QB, DT, OL, and CB in about that order. If they had 4 first and 2nd round picks like McMoron did in 2009 they still couldn't draft all the players they will need to be competitive next year.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
11-03-2011, 04:26 PM
Oh, God! Not another 1st or 2nd round RB! Haven't we learned our lesson with No-show Moreno? Unless you are drafting an Adrian Peterson it just isn't worth it. You can get a Peyton Hillis in the 7th round or Ryan Torain in the 3rd or a bunch of other RBs who are good players in the NFL in later rounds.

The Ravens have a solid team on both offense and defense and can afford to spend a 2nd round pick on a RB like they did on Rice. Denver absolutely can't!

They simply MUST get a QB, DT, OL, and CB in about that order. If they had 4 first and 2nd round picks like McMoron did in 2009 they still couldn't draft all the players they will need to be competitive next year.

Moreno is a 3rd down back that should have not been taken that high. It doesn't prove it's not worth drafting a back that high.

For every diamond in the rough like Hillis there's five or six that are producing in the NFL who were high picks.

Felix Jones
Demarco Murray
LeSean McCoy
Matt Forte
Javhid Best
Adrian Peterson
Mendenhall
McFadden

The top 20 rushers by total yardage this year have 9 first round draft picks and four second round picks. That means 13 of the top 20 are early picks. There are only 3 that were later than 3rd round draft picks.

That means 65% were in the first 2 rounds, and 85% were taken in the first 3 rounds. You tell me where the odds lie. It's not in looking for the next Arian Foster or Michael Turner.

When you go through numbers 20-30 you find six more first round picks.

I prefer not to point at the sky and shoot with my eyes closed. McGahee has let us know how a good RB changes things. A good running game changes everything unless you have Peyton Manning or Tom Brady....we don't, and it may be another decade before we have another franchise QB.

Top flight RB's can come in and play right away, unlike QB's or DT's. I'm all in favor of drafting RB's early and often. A good running game can keep the defense off the field.

rcsodak
11-03-2011, 10:59 PM
no, I think he is good. no Thomas Jones though
He's better than jones of 2011, nut.