PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Tim Tebow says Denver offense making progress

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 07:01 PM
Broncos starting quarterback Tim Tebow​ said the team had a good practice today despite being forced indoors by the snowstorm, and he said the offense was able to make progress on some of the issues that plagued the group in Sunday's overtime victory at Miami.

The Broncos' offense was shut out through more than 55 minutes when the first 11 possessions ended with either a punt, fumble or missed field goal.

"I felt like today we made some good strides, with timing, with precision, with little things," Tebow said. "That was very encouraging, and I think we have to continue that every day."

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19199249

claymore
10-26-2011, 07:47 PM
Hell yeah.

MOtorboat
10-26-2011, 07:58 PM
Bottle that fourth quarter Tim. And then open that bottle for 60 minutes against Detroit...

G_Money
10-26-2011, 08:01 PM
"I think it's a great challenge, they do have a great defense, a great front seven and their front four does get off the ball," Tebow said. "I'm excited about it. I think it will be fun."

I know "fun" is Tebow's favorite word, but I do love it in this context. They've got a bunch of talented guys who are gonna punch me in the face for 60 minutes, and I'm looking forward to it. :D

Me too, Timmy.

~G

CrazyHorse
10-26-2011, 08:54 PM
Bottle that fourth quarter Tim. And then open that bottle for 60 minutes against Detroit...

NO NO NO. Only the last 3 minutes of the 4th quarter.

OrangeHoof
10-26-2011, 09:34 PM
Since it really can't get much worse, practically anything is progress.

Lancane
10-26-2011, 09:37 PM
I just want Tebow to come in and prove me wrong, prove that he is capable of being a quarterback in this league. And hopefully McCoy doesn't prove himself as completely inept by running his retarded Erhardt-Perkins offense, hopefully he added more from the McDaniel's playbook so we're not so one dimensional.

Davii
10-26-2011, 09:42 PM
And I believe him. I think we're going to see Tim improve every week, see the play calling, supporting cast, and the team as a whole get better and more comfortable.

In the end, that's all we can ask, improvement.

Lancane
10-26-2011, 09:44 PM
And I believe him. I think we're going to see Tim improve every week, see the play calling, supporting cast, and the team as a whole get better and more comfortable.

In the end, that's all we can ask, improvement.

No...I could ask for more, but we have to be realistic as well.

I'd rather see him struggle and eventually become competent in a pro-style offense then look competent in an offense made to cater to him and in that is not improving.

BroncoStud
10-27-2011, 08:49 AM
Only one direction to go from here I suppose ---- UP

LordTrychon
10-27-2011, 09:32 AM

I'd rather see him struggle and eventually become competent in a pro-style offense then look competent in an offense made to cater to him and in that is not improving.

This is what I've been saying for a while. Yes, we can/could help him by tayloring much of the offense to his skillset... that skillset is not enough to win a Superbowl. It needs to be adapted to work in a pro-style offense.

We can give him some plays to help the transition, but if we cater to what he's most comfortable with too much... he'll never settle down in the pocket, and he'll never become a true pro QB.

Struggle and improve what he needs to improve, and show that he CAN improve those things, over running a system that will get you to 8-8 every year. Maybe even a bit more.... but not enough in the long run (unless supported by a top 5 defense.)

Davii
10-27-2011, 10:23 AM

This is what I've been saying for a while. Yes, we can/could help him by tayloring much of the offense to his skillset... that skillset is not enough to win a Superbowl. It needs to be adapted to work in a pro-style offense.

We can give him some plays to help the transition, but if we cater to what he's most comfortable with too much... he'll never settle down in the pocket, and he'll never become a true pro QB.

Struggle and improve what he needs to improve, and show that he CAN improve those things, over running a system that will get you to 8-8 every year. Maybe even a bit more.... but not enough in the long run (unless supported by a top 5 defense.)

That's what I mean by improvement. I do believe we need to make changes to our offense specifically to take advantage of Tebow's strengths, but that doesn't mean we should do away with traditional I formation, etc.

If 60% of offensive snaps were from a spread variation that wouldn't upset me; and as Tim improves on footwork, pocket skills, accuracy, etc that number can decrease.

We shouldn't move away from a "typical" O completely, but to not play to the strengths of your most important position is silliness.

For instance, my running still sucks since my knee surgery, so I run 3 times a week. However, I can't let my cardio suffer because my knee isn't 100% yet so I do a lot of elliptical and swimming.

Am I making sense? Weird analogy, so I'm not sure.

slim
10-27-2011, 10:33 AM
That's what I mean by improvement. I do believe we need to make changes to our offense specifically to take advantage of Tebow's strengths, but that doesn't mean we should do away with traditional I formation, etc.

If 60% of offensive snaps were from a spread variation that wouldn't upset meand as Tom improves on footwork, pocket skills, accuracy, etc that number can decrease.

We shouldn't move away from a "typical" O completely, but to not play to the strengths of your most important position is silliness.

For instance, my running still sucks since my knee surgery, so I run 3 times a week. However, I can't let my cardio suffer because my knee isn't 100% yet so I do a lot of elliptical and swimming.

Am I making sense? Weird analogy, so I'm not sure.

Let him play in his comfort zone for now (at least half the time) and bring the rest of his game a long slowly.

Trying to force him to play from the pocket when he isn't ready for it doesn't do anyone any good.

claymore
10-27-2011, 10:37 AM
I just want Tebow to come in and prove me wrong, prove that he is capable of being a quarterback in this league. And hopefully McCoy doesn't prove himself as completely inept by running his retarded Erhardt-Perkins offense, hopefully he added more from the McDaniel's playbook so we're not so one dimensional.

I hate our offense and the homo that brought it here.

vettesplus
10-27-2011, 10:38 AM
Let him play in his comfort zone for now (at least half the time) and bring the rest of his game a long slowly.

Trying to force him to play from the pocket when he isn't ready for it doesn't do anyone any good.

sure it does, it helps us out in the luck/ qb draft sweepstakes in 2012.

Davii
10-27-2011, 11:17 AM
sure it does, it helps us out in the luck/ qb draft sweepstakes in 2012.

We have no chance. I think both MIA and IND have a legitimate shot at going 0-16. Not on purpose either.

jlarsiii
10-27-2011, 11:24 AM
We have no chance. I think both MIA and IND have a legitimate shot at going 0-16. Not on purpose either.

Agreed. I believe the win last week takes us out of the suck for luck race. Only an unlikely trade would allow us to get Luck now with the way things stand.

slim
10-27-2011, 11:27 AM
**** Andrew Luck.

TT15Superman
10-27-2011, 11:55 AM
Since it really can't get much worse, practically anything is progress.I said it. Kordell said it. Timmy thinks it. We're good. :cool: :beer: :cool:

I'd rather see him struggle and eventually become competent in a pro-style offense then look competent in an offense made to cater to him and in that is not improving.Agreed. Tim is a beast in the spread because it is second nature. Imagine if pro-style/reading D's becomes second nature?

<<INSERT "TEBOW HULK" IMAGE HERE>>