PDA

View Full Version : Ryan Clady will be interviewed on Sirius NFL Radio in 10-15 minutes

Tned
12-31-2008, 05:21 PM
Just a heads up. Clady will be interviewed in 10-15 minutes on Sirius. For those that have Sirius, you can listen online. For those that don't, I think you can sign up for online listening and get a 3 day free trial (could be wrong about this).

I'll try and type some highlights.

Kaylore
12-31-2008, 05:23 PM
Cool. Clady is my hero.

LordTrychon
12-31-2008, 05:26 PM
I want a full transcript, Tned... I know you type fast enough.

Tned
12-31-2008, 05:37 PM
I want a full transcript, Tned... I know you type fast enough.

Ok, here it is:

Clady: Hi, Randy and Pat.

Randy Cross: What do you think about Mike Shanahan being fired?

Clady: Uhh, I really don't know what to think (sounds off sniffing and sobbing). Uhh, I need to go Randy. Bye.

Tned
12-31-2008, 05:58 PM
Clady at the top of the hour, so I think right after the current commercial break.

Broncogator
12-31-2008, 06:30 PM
He talked to Cutler about the Vandy game????

Broncogator
12-31-2008, 06:33 PM
At least he's not going clubbing tonight.

Broncolingus
12-31-2008, 06:33 PM
Clady was a GREAT pick and had a fabulous year...

Probably deserves to be playing in Oahu this Jan but hopefully next year will be the first of many...

Glad to have you, Ryan...

Broncogator
12-31-2008, 06:34 PM
Pretty uneventful interview, just said he's gonna miss Dennison.

Tned
12-31-2008, 06:35 PM
Pretty uneventful interview, just said he's gonna miss Dennison.

Yea, he was hard to hear. Not sure if he was mumbling, drunk or had a bad connection. I have heard interviews with him before where I didn't have a problem hearing him.

Tned
12-31-2008, 06:40 PM
Was a surprise. He was shocked. Peppers was the best pass rusher he faced. He's going to a house party tonight.

That was about it.

Zweems56
12-31-2008, 06:41 PM
wait dennison what? I didnt see anything about dennison leaving? am I blind?

Tned
12-31-2008, 06:43 PM
wait dennison what? I didnt see anything about dennison leaving? am I blind?

Possibly. ;)

Bowlen said the entire coaching staff would be replaced.

Now, there is some speculation, that if a defensive minded coach comes in, then people like Bates, Turner, possibly Dennison would stay, but that is pure speculation at this point.

The only thing we know for sure is that Bowlen said the entire coaching staff would be replaced.

Broncogator
12-31-2008, 06:45 PM
Sorry Zweems, great New Year huh.

Zweems56
12-31-2008, 06:47 PM
Possibly. ;)

Bowlen said the entire coaching staff would be replaced.

Now, there is some speculation, that if a defensive minded coach comes in, then people like Bates, Turner, possibly Dennison would stay, but that is pure speculation at this point.

The only thing we know for sure is that Bowlen said the entire coaching staff would be replaced.

This is the exact quote you're talking about.

On the current coaching staff: “I don’t anticipate that we’ll be keeping any members of the coaching staff. Nothing will change in the personnel department.”

I remember hearing him say that and going "uhh what?" but then the second sentence recants that. I think that he must have misspoken. I cant imagine replacing the whole staff, and that quote shows a bit of a contradiction

SmilinAssasSin27
12-31-2008, 06:49 PM
Turner would be my #1 choice to stay.

underrated29
12-31-2008, 06:51 PM
I agree.

Turner then dennison

Zweems56
12-31-2008, 06:54 PM
I just posted this in the thread I just made about it, but I just found this on denverbroncos.com transcript

On whether he will keep coaches and personnel staff regardless of head coach decision
"I don’t anticipate that we will be keeping any members of the coaching staff. Nothing will change in the personnel department."

[LATER CLARIFIED: ALL COACHES WILL BE EVALUATED INDIVIDUALLY, AND THOSE DECISIONS WILL BE MADE AT THE DISCRETION OF THE ORGANIZATION]

Tned
12-31-2008, 07:00 PM
This is the exact quote you're talking about.

On the current coaching staff: “I don’t anticipate that we’ll be keeping any members of the coaching staff. Nothing will change in the personnel department.”

I remember hearing him say that and going "uhh what?" but then the second sentence recants that. I think that he must have misspoken. I cant imagine replacing the whole staff, and that quote shows a bit of a contradiction

No contradiction at all.

The personnel staff, is Goodman and the rest of the front office staff that make play evaluation and moves, such as preparing for the draft.

The coaching staff is just that. He said a couple times that the front office would remain unchanged, specifically mentioning Goodman. He went out of his way to state the house cleaning wouldn't apply to the front office, or personnel department.

He might change his mind, or the head coach he hires might choose to keep some of the offensive coaches, but Bowlen clearly stated he doesn't expect to keep any coaching staff.