PDA

View Full Version : Look at it from both sides.

nick1089
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM
I'm new to this forum but not to this team. When I was born my father lived and breathed the broncos and I now do the same. And there is no doubt in my mind that Elway was the greatest qb. He did amazing things for that team including back to back championships.
I agree Tebow should not be compared to him. In no way shape or form. However. He is a young qb. He has a lot of time ahead of him and is already taking a lot of heat. I think the kid deserves a chance. It takes time to develop into a great qb and that's what he needs. Time.
I don't agree with everybody fighting over Elway and Tebow though. It's not fair to ether of them. Elway went out on top and was an amazing qb. But Tebow is coming in as a new qb to a team that is rebuilding. Why not let Elway's greatness be apricated and Tebow's success be hoped for?

Dirk
10-26-2011, 12:55 PM
Rationality? C'mon Man!

Northman
10-26-2011, 12:56 PM
Great post but i think the for most of this board the last sentence you had is what they (me) are all about. The problem comes from the select few on the both sides who are so extreme one way or another that it gets blown up far more than it should.

claymore
10-26-2011, 12:58 PM
If we all agreed with each other this site wouldnt exist.

Mike
10-26-2011, 12:59 PM
If we all agreed with each other this site wouldnt exist.

I disagree.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:00 PM
I disagree.

you're both wrong:coffee:

nick1089
Dirk are you a Tebow fan or an Elway fan?

claymore
I disagree.

you're both wrong:coffee:

Dan Marino sucks!

Mike
10-26-2011, 01:01 PM
Dan Marino sucks!

He certainly is no Jay Cutler.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:02 PM
Dan Marino sucks!

So does Jim Kelly

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:02 PM
So does Jim Kelly

Dont forget Montana and Young

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:03 PM
He certainly is no Jay Cutler.

But really who is?

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:03 PM

I didn't but I went with Kelly because he always seems forgotten

BroncoNut
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM

why can't you be a fan of both? I think that's what a true bronco fan should be practicing.

Dirk
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM

Elway fan from the beginning.

I hope that Tebow will make me a fan of his. I never saw Tebow play in college because I never watched the Gators.

If he continues to improve it will only be the better for the Broncos. But if he doesn't, then he will need to go bye-bye.

But as long as he is learning and improving I back him 100%.

claymore
10-26-2011, 01:06 PM

Those 2 are cool. Marino likes the Skin Bassoon though.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:07 PM
I didn't but I went with Kelly because he always seems forgotten

I know that is sad.....probably because he was a Bill

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:08 PM
why can't you be a fan of both? I think that's what a true bronco fan should be practicing.

That there is some wisdom!:salute:
John is a legend
I have high hopes for Tim

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:09 PM
Those 2 are cool. Marino likes the Skin Bassoon though.

Montana sucks he was a Cheif

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:10 PM
I know that is sad.....probably because he was a Bill

He is the other Beattle from that QB class for sure

nick1089
10-26-2011, 01:12 PM
That's all I'm saying. I agree that if he can't cut it then he has to be cut. But I watched him in college and he played great ball. So I think rather than go from Elway's side to Tebow's side. We just need to get on the same page. Which is, we need to get a well rounded team together and stop fighting about qb's.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:13 PM
He is the other Beattle from that QB class for sure

Elway/Marino/Kelly al l1st rounder HOF QBs in 1 draft class. Talk about no chance of a bad QB draft there. The other QB drafted was a pro bowler too.

T.K.O.
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM

eggs-a-ctly:salute:

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:16 PM
That there is some wisdom!:salute:
John is a legend
I have high hopes for Tim

I guess I was raised differently, I was raised to always defend my team and all the players. So when people tear down someone i jump to their defense. And people do it way too often for no reason....cough *Socal*

It gets annoying when they wont even give a player on our team a chance. New bronco fans bash other players and will only praise TT a good portion of time. Some have come around to embracing entire team.

nick1089
10-26-2011, 01:17 PM
Thank you. We are Broncos fans. Not who's a better qb fans. It's about the team as a whole.

Mike
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
That's all I'm saying. I agree that if he can't cut it then he has to be cut. But I watched him in college and he played great ball. So I think rather than go from Elway's side to Tebow's side. We just need to get on the same page. Which is, we need to get a well rounded team together and stop fighting about qb's.

If he progresses and makes improvements over the rest of the season then many critics will come around. And if the Broncos keep winning games with him at QB it will go a long way too. ;)

It's been a rough few years, so I think the gnashing of teeth in Bronco land is completely understandable. If things start turning around by the end of the season then things will start turning around amongst the fanbase.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:20 PM
If he progresses and makes improvements over the rest of the season then many critics will come around. And if the Broncos keep winning games with him at QB it will go a long way too. ;)

It's been a rough few years, so I think the gnashing of teeth in Bronco land is completely understandable. If things start turning around by the end of the season then things will start turning around amongst the fanbase.

And if he wins 11 games just like in Miami?

Mike
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM

I would say we got problems. No matter win/losses, he has to progress as a QB by the end of the season if he wants to continue as the starter.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:26 PM
I would say we got problems. No matter win/losses, he has to progress as a QB by the end of the season if he wants to continue as the starter.

11 wins would put us into playoffs......just saying.

Edit: I know it wont happen but i see throw blue/orange glasses and can always hope.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:26 PM
Elway/Marino/Kelly al l1st rounder HOF QBs in 1 draft class. Talk about no chance of a bad QB draft there. The other QB drafted was a pro bowler too.

I wasn't suggesting bad. I was saying John = John Dan= Paul Jim = Ringo or the other guy?

BroncoJoe
10-26-2011, 01:27 PM
I wasn't suggesting bad. I was saying John = John Dan= Paul Jim = Ringo or the other guy?

Actually, I think John = Paul. He's had the greatest long term success.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

nick1089
If the only way he can win is like it was in Miami then progress hasn't been made and we move on. We've had several qb's in the last few years. It's not new for us to just plug and play

NightTerror218

I didn't say you were. I was just stating that year if you drafted a QB you could not go wrong.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:28 PM
I guess I was raised differently, I was raised to always defend my team and all the players. So when people tear down someone i jump to their defense. And people do it way too often for no reason....cough *Socal*

It gets annoying when they wont even give a player on our team a chance. New bronco fans bash other players and will only praise TT a good portion of time. Some have come around to embracing entire team.

While I have / had a hard time supporting some players (McBean or Perrish Cox) I agree with you I am a Bronco fan, I want TT to be great, I have been trying to promote team over player

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:29 PM

I would want to play him in the movie cause that would be one good movie

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:30 PM
Actually, I think John = Paul. He's had the greatest long term success.

But John was the cool legend, Paul was the other great one? Either way you get my point about Kelly

Mike
10-26-2011, 01:31 PM
11 wins would put us into playoffs......just saying.

Edit: I know it wont happen but i see throw blue/orange glasses and can always hope.

Problem is that Denver loses 9 of 10 games like the one against Miami, IMO.

We know what Tebow is capable of. We have seen moments of greatness in every game that he has played in. Now it is up to the coaches to figure a way to capture that and expand on it.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
I would want to play him in the movie cause that would be one good movie

I think there will probably already be a movie in the works for him. It will showcase him in HS not getting the go ahead to play and then starting. Then colleges not sure about him and then getting the go ahead and winning national championships. Then people saying he was never going tobe a QB in NFL an being 3rd and higher draft pick and then being 1st rounder and being named starter in NFL. And after finishing this season it will end posting his career stats and record and # of pro bowls and highlights such as any post season wins and what not and the teams he plays for.

Hell I might do it for millions and will give TT foundation half so I get his help :D

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:35 PM
Problem is that Denver loses 9 of 10 games like the one against Miami, IMO.

We know what Tebow is capable of. We have seen moments of greatness in every game that he has played in. Now it is up to the coaches to figure a way to capture that and expand on it.

I am really hoping it was just nerves/pressure for that last game. And play calling was just too conservative. I think time will calm him down. You can tell he is not comfortable in pocket, which i think is confidence in himself and the line to protect him. He has always ran when pocket starts to calapse. When is starts he needs to step up and trust his OL.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:36 PM
I think there will probably already be a movie in the works for him. It will showcase him in HS not getting the go ahead to play and then starting. Then colleges not sure about him and then getting the go ahead and winning national championships. Then people saying he was never going tobe a QB in NFL an being 3rd and higher draft pick and then being 1st rounder and being named starter in NFL. And after finishing this season it will end posting his career stats and record and # of pro bowls and highlights such as any post season wins and what not and the teams he plays for.

Hell I might do it for millions and will give TT foundation half so I get his help :D

The thing you are missing is Super Bowl wins for the Broncos then we are all happy

BroncoJoe
10-26-2011, 01:43 PM
Sunday can't come soon enough.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:47 PM
Sunday can't come soon enough.

this one better be on TV here, or I might just drive too much.

Mike
10-26-2011, 01:51 PM
I am really hoping it was just nerves/pressure for that last game. And play calling was just too conservative. I think time will calm him down. You can tell he is not comfortable in pocket, which i think is confidence in himself and the line to protect him. He has always ran when pocket starts to calapse. When is starts he needs to step up and trust his OL.

That and he is a young kid and is learning. I am not much concerned about it. There will be ups and downs. When he stops thinking so much and just starts playing; he is a totally different player. IMO, the coaches/FO need to go out of their way to express confidence and trust in him no matter what happens during the game. That doesn't mean you don't correct, but it looked to me like he was playing scared for most of last Sunday. Either he is in his head too much or the coaches are...and it is up to the coaches to fix that. If they do, Denver will be a much better team.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:54 PM
That and he is a young kid and is learning. I am not much concerned about it. There will be ups and downs. When he stops thinking so much and just starts playing; he is a totally different player. IMO, the coaches/FO need to go out of their way to express confidence and trust in him no matter what happens during the game. That doesn't mean you don't correct, but it looked to me like he was playing scared for most of last Sunday. Either he is in his head too much or the coaches are...and it is up to the coaches to fix that. If they do, Denver will be a much better team.

The move he does that stands out to me about what you are saying is his 360 spin. It completely takes his eyes off WR down field.

slim
10-26-2011, 01:54 PM

I couldn't agree more.

The coaches need to do whatever they can to make him more comfortable and settle him down. If that means running more spreed or more hurry up or whatever, then do it.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:58 PM
I couldn't agree more.

The coaches need to do whatever they can to make him more comfortable and settle him down. If that means running more spreed or more hurry up or whatever, then do it.

I am hoping the win will do some of it for him. But he doesn't have a vet QB to look up to either. Orton really? Quinn? Maybe elway but he has other things to do.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 02:00 PM
I am hoping the win will do some of it for him. But he doesn't have a vet QB to look up to either. Orton really? Quinn? Maybe elway but he has other things to do.

The lock out killed TT, so did going into his 3rd office in 3 years (yes McCoy is still here but this is clearly a different O than under McD) There is a lot of reasons he might struggle but he needs to over come them in the next 10 games.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 02:01 PM
The lock out killed TT, so did going into his 3rd office in 3 years (yes McCoy is still here but this is clearly a different O than under McD) There is a lot of reasons he might struggle but he needs to over come them in the next 10 games.

I think 10 games is enough to analyze him on future potential and progress.

TT15Superman
10-26-2011, 02:02 PM
That and he is a young kid and is learning. I am not much concerned about it. There will be ups and downs. When he stops thinking so much and just starts playing; he is a totally different player. IMO, the coaches/FO need to go out of their way to express confidence and trust in him no matter what happens during the game. That doesn't mean you don't correct, but it looked to me like he was playing scared for most of last Sunday. Either he is in his head too much or the coaches are...and it is up to the coaches to fix that. If they do, Denver will be a much better team.I totally agree. When Tebow does what comes naturally/ingrained in him from his college play (spread O), he is a beast. One can only imagine if he were to ever become comfortable in a pro set. That's the job of the coaches...Elway said so himself ("to make Tim into a great QB"). The elements are there...just work with him.

I don't know about Luck (or the other QB prospects for 2012), but spinning the ball good/great out of a pro-style O is a guarantee of nothing (see Clausen). Do they have what it takes to do what Tebow has done in 3.5 games out of 4.5 games in the NFL? There's no reason to believe that that type of play will not continue with Tebow if given a chance. Luck probably has never trailed when in college and come back, so we don't know if he is capable of raising his game or that of his team when the game is on the line. Look at Sam Bradford v. Tebow in the MNC from 2009. One elevated his game in the 2nd half. One did not. Sam looked a little lost on those last 2 drives.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 02:03 PM
I think 10 games is enough to analyze him on future potential and progress.

It has to be because I think that is all he is going to get. Considering the draft class and the closeness of the VP to the position he isn't going to settle for I'm not sure if he is our guy.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 02:05 PM
It has to be because I think that is all he is going to get. Considering the draft class and the closeness of the VP to the position he isn't going to settle for I'm not sure if he is our guy.

Elway said he is more comfortable evaluating defense then QB, he said that last year because he looks at who he would not want to line up against. But I think he would have a good eye at QB too.

TT15Superman
10-26-2011, 02:08 PM
I am hoping the win will do some of it for him. But he doesn't have a vet QB to look up to either. Orton really? Quinn? Maybe elway but he has other things to do.Tebow has a lot of experience from college. I don't know what's up with his accuracy, but I think that it'll come with time. We're not talking about a guy who had terrible accuracy in college and now needs to transition into the NFL. You might say, "Yeah, but he only threw short passes at UF." Not true, but even if he did, what happened to his short pass/screen ability since then?

Maybe he's too bulked. He looks like Lynch out there on the sidelines when he was waving his arms up and down during the 4th Qtr of the SD game.

Maybe he's thinking too much/trying too hard.

Hope he does settle down.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 02:09 PM
Elway said he is more comfortable evaluating defense then QB, he said that last year because he looks at who he would not want to line up against. But I think he would have a good eye at QB too.

I'm not sure that isn't lip serive. Defence yes but he would understand that position.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 02:11 PM
Tebow has a lot of experience from college. I don't know what's up with his accuracy, but I think that it'll come with time. We're not talking about a guy who had terrible accuracy in college and now needs to transition into the NFL. You might say, "Yeah, but he only threw short passes at UF." Not true, but even if he did, what happened to his short pass/screen ability since then?

Maybe he's too bulked. He looks like Lynch out there on the sidelines when he was waving his arms up and down during the 4th Qtr of the SD game.

He threw some bombs in preseason and last season. So hoping it was just pressure playing in front of him "home town" and all the media putting more pressure on him. And the pressure of having to produce. I think he is thinking a lot. Like ok this is how i need to throw the ball. Working on mechanics in middle of game.

slim
10-26-2011, 02:16 PM
Tebow has a lot of experience from college. I don't know what's up with his accuracy, but I think that it'll come with time. We're not talking about a guy who had terrible accuracy in college and now needs to transition into the NFL. You might say, "Yeah, but he only threw short passes at UF." Not true, but even if he did, what happened to his short pass/screen ability since then?

This is what puzzles me. How does a guy go from completing >60% of his passes to missing guys by 5 yards? It doesn't make any sense.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 02:21 PM
This is what puzzles me. How does a guy go from completing >60% of his passes to missing guys by 5 yards? It doesn't make any sense.

I just think back to like The Willis catch, some of Llyods catches against SD. The Fells diving catch into tight coverage at MIA. Some throws have just been money. He did have some that were way off. He just did not look comfortable in MIA.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 02:22 PM
I'm new to this forum but not to this team. When I was born my father lived and breathed the broncos and I now do the same. And there is no doubt in my mind that Elway was the greatest qb. He did amazing things for that team including back to back championships.
I agree Tebow should not be compared to him. In no way shape or form. However. He is a young qb. He has a lot of time ahead of him and is already taking a lot of heat. I think the kid deserves a chance. It takes time to develop into a great qb and that's what he needs. Time.
I don't agree with everybody fighting over Elway and Tebow though. It's not fair to ether of them. Elway went out on top and was an amazing qb. But Tebow is coming in as a new qb to a team that is rebuilding. Why not let Elway's greatness be apricated and Tebow's success be hoped for?

First, welcome to Broncos Forums.

I think that most of us on here definitely appreciate Elway's greatness, and also want Tebow to be successful. There is no reason whatsoever for anyone to post untruthful things about either one of them. They are both now on the same team - we have the greatness of #7 to always remember, and the hope that TT will also have greatness with the Broncos. It would be a win-win situation for all.

nick1089
10-26-2011, 02:39 PM
Thanks you Carol for the welcome. And thank you everybody for showing me this forum is full of fans not just people who wanna fight about qb's.

WARHORSE
10-26-2011, 02:47 PM

Perhaps we should be comparing Tebow to............Moose Johnson?

Jack Lambert?

Rudy?

The Waterboy?

Radio?

J/K

:D

nick1089
10-26-2011, 03:06 PM
Well the water boy is out of the question. If we had a player like that we'd be set 😃

Dzone
10-26-2011, 03:22 PM
Radio! hahahaaaa Tebow is a lot like Radio..:pound: