PDA

View Full Version : Darcel McBath

JonJon
10-26-2011, 12:36 PM
Hello Bronco fans,
Cowboys fan here just looking for some info. The Cowboys recently worked out Darcel McBath but have not signed him yet. I remember him being a second round pick for the Broncos, and then he was released two years later. What happened that caused the team to give up on him so early? Was he really that bad? I couldn't find any info on why he was released.

Thanks

underrated29
10-26-2011, 12:46 PM
because he is hurt more than tony romeo.

Otherwise he would probably be a good player. Be sure to bring the super glue

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-26-2011, 12:49 PM
He was here for two years and was healthy for about 3 games. It always seemed to be an ankle, or something like that.

He was a big disappointment. If he would have lived up to his potential we wouldn't have had to spend a 2nd on Rahim Moore this year. We've drafted 5 safeties in the last 4 years. We only have 3 of them on the roster now.....end of rant. :D

dogfish
10-26-2011, 01:01 PM
we call him darcel mcglass-- you'll probably find out why. . . looked like he could be a decent player if he could ever get on the field. . .

JonJon
10-26-2011, 01:15 PM
Thanks for the info. He hasn't been signed yet...I think we are only keeping an eye on him just in case.

Buff
10-26-2011, 02:15 PM
He couldn't beat out David Bruton on special teams, and he wasn't especially good at safety either. Plus all the injuries that everyone mentioned.

He was a McDaniels reach.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 02:17 PM
He couldn't beat out David Bruton on special teams, and he wasn't especially good at safety either. Plus all the injuries that everyone mentioned.

Just one in a list of MANY

Dzone
10-26-2011, 02:56 PM
Mcbath,Another second round pick wasted!!!!!! Ugh!!!!What might we be today had Mcdaniels not destroyed the team with bad personnel moves. Disgusting.

Dzone
10-26-2011, 03:02 PM
Do we dare say that Dumervil just might be injury prone as well?
Some people just have genetically weak tendons and ligaments that arent suitable to the rigors of the NFL..
Hopefully it isnt true for Dumervil, but one has to wonder..
Matthew Stafford might be another one. Always injured.
Knowshon, another guy who is always hurt. Be ready to go Lance Ball!

Cugel
10-26-2011, 06:42 PM
Do we dare say that Dumervil just might be injury prone as well?
Some people just have genetically weak tendons and ligaments that arent suitable to the rigors of the NFL..
Hopefully it isnt true for Dumervil, but one has to wonder..
Matthew Stafford might be another one. Always injured.
Knowshon, another guy who is always hurt. Be ready to go Lance Ball!

Dumervil was healthy enough in 2009 to lead the NFL in sacks. So, I'd say he's in rather a different class than Darcel McBust. :coffee:

Cugel
10-26-2011, 06:45 PM

It's even worse when you consider that the OTHER Broncos 2nd round pick in 2009 was CB Alphonso Smith. They gave up a 1st rounder (#14) in the 2010 draft to move up into the 2nd round and get Smith, never used him, then cut him in September 2010. He then went on to start 12 games for the Lions last year. :rolleyes:

The litany of McMoron draft and trade horrors is a long and varied one. Amazingly he proved to be a worse GM than Former Lions GM Matt Millen!

bcbronc
10-26-2011, 09:24 PM
McBath wasn't a bad pick, he just couldn't stay healthy. No team ever drafts 100%, or anywhere close for that matter. Just because he didn't work out doesn't automatically make McBath a bad pick...it just makes him one of the countless picks from all teams who couldn't stay healthy long enough to reach his potential.

TXBRONC
10-26-2011, 09:29 PM
Hello Bronco fans,
Cowboys fan here just looking for some info. The Cowboys recently worked out Darcel McBath but have not signed him yet. I remember him being a second round pick for the Broncos, and then he was released two years later. What happened that caused the team to give up on him so early? Was he really that bad? I couldn't find any info on why he was released.

Thanks

Welcome to our Broncos Forums. :welcome:

Everyone else has already told you the major issue with McBath is staying healthy. If I were Jerry Jones I would think long and hard about who it was in Denver that drafted McBath.

DenBronx
10-26-2011, 10:12 PM
darcy mcbath???

bwuaahahahahahaha!!!

good luck with that bust!

Cugel
10-27-2011, 06:35 PM
McBath wasn't a bad pick, he just couldn't stay healthy. No team ever drafts 100%, or anywhere close for that matter. Just because he didn't work out doesn't automatically make McBath a bad pick...it just makes him one of the countless picks from all teams who couldn't stay healthy long enough to reach his potential.

You don't take risks like that with second round picks! McBath is as bad as Shanahan's wasted 2nd round pick on DT Paul Toviesi -- who never played either. :coffee:

You can't blow 2nd round picks like that. Denver sucks because they threw away tons of picks on players like McBath, Alphonso Smith and Tim Crowder in the 2nd round.