PDA

View Full Version : Stand Up Guy

Superchop 7
12-31-2008, 02:06 PM
Well Mike,

That was as classy as it gets.

Pool
12-31-2008, 02:12 PM
Thanks Mike for everything you`ve done to make the Broncos better.

Mike living in Denver forever leaves open possibility he might return in near future for front office job???

broncofaninfla
12-31-2008, 02:13 PM
Bowlen and Shanahan are both total class acts. I'm proud and sad at the same time.

Superchop 7
12-31-2008, 02:14 PM
That would be nice.

Kept saying "we" throughout the conference.

Really got to me.

ikillz0mbies
12-31-2008, 02:23 PM
Mike Shanahan will always be a Bronco, ALWAYS. The guy totally understands the decision Bowlen made and took it upon himself to take the responsibility of not getting the job done. I would think most would be bitter after a decision like this, but Shanahan is different.

What really got to me is how he worries about the families of his assistants and how they would have to move again looking for a job. The guy worries about others than he does himself.

He understands the business aspect of football and knows that decisions had to be made that's best for Denver. Unfortunately, he had to be let go and he completely understands that. For him to acknowledge that he wasn't doing the best job makes him the classiest ever.

Bravo.

JONtheBRONCO
12-31-2008, 02:24 PM
Love Mike. Still shaking my head about this...

topscribe
12-31-2008, 02:29 PM
Both Bowlen and Shanny nearly broke down in their respective conferences.
That really shows how they feel about each other and what hearts they have.

We have been extremely blessed with the coaches we have had, and we
remain blessed with the ownership. I will remain a loyal, rabid fan of both.

College might be a good idea, Mike. Then I would never have to root against you. :salute:

-----

BroncosRockdaRockies
12-31-2008, 02:35 PM
100% class by both of these guys and we were very fortunate to have a coach like Mike and we are even more fortunate to have an Owner who is setting the standard to be "as" good as mike in the future coach.:beer:

But yeah I agree with some other posters I am still shaking my head about this and it will take time to get over this and the standards will be set high for the next guy!

weazel
12-31-2008, 02:36 PM
maybe coach the buffalos

Pool
12-31-2008, 02:40 PM
Shanny to CU or CSU.......Then he can still live in Denver.

topscribe
12-31-2008, 02:42 PM
maybe coach the buffalos

Shanny to CU or CSU.......Then he can still live in Denver.

Wow, wouldn't that be a kick? :dance:

-----

WARHORSE
12-31-2008, 02:44 PM
Funny Bowlen doesnt want to see Shanny in KC........wonder why.

Never mentioned SD or Jokeland.

Just KC.

Gamechanger
12-31-2008, 02:53 PM
it was a sad day in football

I was watching the presser and I myself was floored, I guess I'm used to seein Shanahan on the sidelines too

Nomad
12-31-2008, 04:57 PM

Just KC.

I see Shanahan as a better fit in Cleveland! They'll give him all the power he wants and he'll enjoy working with Quinn! KC may do the same though!

Kaylore
12-31-2008, 05:14 PM
I thought they were both classy.

broncophan
12-31-2008, 05:27 PM
Both very classy..........and just another reason(although I don't agree with the firing).....that I am proud to be a bronco fan.

Shanahan and Bowlen.......were both very professional.

broncophan
12-31-2008, 05:28 PM

Just KC.

Is it just me?????...............but I didn't think there was a job opening in KC.....wonder what Edwards thinks about Bowlen's comment.

tomjonesrocks
12-31-2008, 06:58 PM

Just KC.

When did Bowlen mention KC?

broncophan
12-31-2008, 07:00 PM
When did Bowlen mention KC?

A reporter asked Bowlen if he was worried about Shanahan going to another nfl team...so he made that response..

Broncolingus
12-31-2008, 07:02 PM
Well Mike,

That was as classy as it gets.

Yup...

atwater27
12-31-2008, 07:25 PM
Wow. Just watched the highlights of the press conference.
You guys are spot on. Pure class. If you are a true Broncos fan or even a die hard football fan, you couldn't watch that without wiping a little extra moisture from your eyes. I betcha quite a few players and former players were balling in eachother's arms.