PDA

View Full Version : We should draft Luck if we can!

CrazyHorse
10-25-2011, 04:45 PM
Given the opportunity it's a win-win situation. If Tebow pans out we convert Luck to receiver. If he doesn't we convert Tebow to fullback. Whoever isn't starter can be backup and saves a roster spot!.:laugh:

Northman
10-25-2011, 04:47 PM
Is this a serious thread or are you just bored?

CoachChaz
10-25-2011, 04:48 PM
I feel bad for Luck. His status is rising up to the level that Tebow had as a college player. There is no way for him or any one else to live up to it.

Lancane
10-25-2011, 04:51 PM
Given the opportunity it's a win-win situation. If Tebow pans out we convert Luck to receiver. If he doesn't we convert Tebow to fullback. Whoever isn't starter can be backup and saves a roster spot!.:laugh:

:lol:

Are you trying to join me on the 'Assassination List' of the Tebow Fan Club? :rofl:

I don't see Denver being able to draft Luck, but I do see them drafting a quarterback, even if it's Nick Foles or Dominque Davis in the latter rounds. Sadly for the Tebowites, even some of those available in the latter rounds are more accurate and better pocket passers then Tebow.

Cugel
10-25-2011, 04:51 PM

Laugh is right. :coffee:

Nobody is going to take this thread seriously. :coffee:

ANY team that gets the chance to draft Luck will take it. And, like the Carolina Panthers before Luck opted out of the draft, the top team will announce that they are taking Luck and "will not entertain any offers for our pick." NONE.

That means they won't take 3 1st round draft choices. They won't take players in trade. They won't take anything for Luck. They will keep their pick and take him PERIOD.

CoachChaz
10-25-2011, 04:56 PM

ANY team that gets the chance to draft Luck will take it. And, like the Carolina Panthers before Luck opted out of the draft, the top team will announce that they are taking Luck and "will not entertain any offers for our pick." NONE.

That means they won't take 3 1st round draft choices. They won't take players in trade. They won't take anything for Luck. They will keep their pick and take him PERIOD.

Good...they can have him

Jsteve01
10-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Cugel will be back later. He has to relieve himself after drinking all that coffee

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2011, 05:08 PM
Good...they can have him

Great point. Who wants a possible franchise QB anyways? You only need one to win anything of significance at the NFL level.

slim
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
I can't figure out who is more annoying.

The Luck fanbois or the Tebow fanbois.

Northman
10-25-2011, 05:10 PM
Great point. Who wants a possible franchise QB anyways? You only need one to win anything of significance at the NFL level.

There are more possible franchise QB's in the upcoming draft.

Signed,

Tom Brady.

Cugel
10-25-2011, 05:15 PM
Good...they can have him

That includes Denver if we get the chance. Elway didn't go out to watch Luck play against CU for nothing you know. He will do whatever he can to land Luck, including trading whatever draft picks it will take.

But, it won't matter unless Denver loses all their remaining games and the Colts, Rams and Dolphins all win a couple.

Cugel
10-25-2011, 05:16 PM
Cugel will be back later. He has to relieve himself after drinking all that coffee

That's funny! :lol:

I could use a good Mocha Latte right about now, but I'm stuck at my desk waiting for a broker to call me back and let me know if a counter-offer has been accepted. BORING!

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2011, 05:18 PM

Signed,

Tom Brady.

If you want to bank on finding a franchise QB in what's probably less than .1% chance, you could very well die waiting.

slim
10-25-2011, 05:19 PM

Signed,

Tom Brady.

Yeah, but trading your entire draft for a player that may or may not pan out is more fun to talk about.

Cugel
10-25-2011, 05:21 PM
Yeah, but trading your entire draft for a player that may or may not pan out is more fun to talk about.

I could make a lot of money betting that no team that winds up with the #1 pick will pass on Luck. But, I supposed I'd have to HAVE a lot of money to bet first!

Northman
10-25-2011, 05:24 PM
If you want to bank on finding a franchise QB in what's probably less than .1% chance, you could very well die waiting.

Not really. In 83' there were 3 HOF QB's taken. If it happens like that again than we will be just fine.

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Not really. In 83' there were 3 HOF QB's taken. If it happens like that again than we will be just fine.

In the 6th round?

Nevermind. Tom Brady being picked in the 6th round was my confusion.

silkamilkamonico
10-25-2011, 05:38 PM
We need a franchise QB. Period. If Lukc is gone, you look towards the next best prospect and seriously evaluate him.

weazel
10-25-2011, 05:51 PM
I feel bad for Luck. His status is rising up to the level that Tebow had as a college player. There is no way for him or any one else to live up to it.

I hear together they keep the Gotham streets safe at night

Lancane
10-25-2011, 05:54 PM
I've got something to say that should scare the shit out of the Tebow fanatics...

Andrew Luck isn't the only quarterback with ties to the Broncos organization, there are three!

:D

Pat Bowlen is an Oklahoma University Alumnus with close ties to the Sooner football program and Head Coach Bob Stoops. However, Bob Stoops younger brother Mike Stoops is the former head coach of the Arizona University football program, a former assistant coach for the Sooners football program and likewise a good friend of Pat Bowlen's. Not to mention that John Elway and Pat Bowlen are both friends with Dennis Erickson, Head Coach of the Arizona Sundevils a former Broncos Coach and who remains close to the Broncos Organization, where Jack Elway goes to school (though not playing football) and Arizona's biggest rival, who has better scouts regarding Nick Foles and Landry Jones?

;)

Jsteve01
10-25-2011, 06:00 PM
Nick foles does nothing for me. i was all over his jock this summer and then went back to watch tape. He's subpar athletically and only has an avg arm.

slim
10-25-2011, 06:04 PM
I've got something to say that should scare the shit out of the Tebow fanatics...

Andrew Luck isn't the only quarterback with ties to the Broncos organization, there are three!

:D

Pat Bowlen is an Oklahoma University Alumnus with close ties to the Sooner football program and Head Coach Bob Stoops. However, Bob Stoops younger brother Mike Stoops is the former head coach of the Arizona University football program, a former assistant coach for the Sooners football program and likewise a good friend of Pat Bowlen's. Not to mention that John Elway and Pat Bowlen are both friends with Dennis Erickson, Head Coach of the Arizona Sundevils a former Broncos Coach and who remains close to the Broncos Organization, where Jack Elway goes to school (though not playing football) and Arizona's biggest rival, who has better scouts regarding Nick Foles and Landry Jones?

;)

Arizona State.

Lancane
10-25-2011, 06:08 PM
Nick foles does nothing for me. i was all over his jock this summer and then went back to watch tape. He's subpar athletically and only has an avg arm.

Well, tell that to those who scout, because his draft stock is on the rise...he's got a pretty decent arm, has pretty good game management ability not to mention that he can make most of the throws and has decent accuracy.

He's not Landry Jones, Matt Barkley or Andrew Luck, but you can not deny the ties he has, and that there is a possibility, especially if Denver doesn't draft someone in the first and he's available in the second round!

;)

Lancane
10-25-2011, 06:11 PM
Arizona State.

Arizona State what? Denver has ties to both programs, the two programs are fierce rivals...that's why I said that Dennis Erickson would be the ideal scout regarding Foles, beyond Mike Stoops who knows him even better.

Jsteve01
10-25-2011, 06:23 PM
Well, tell that to those who scout, because his draft stock is on the rise...he's got a pretty decent arm, has pretty good game management ability not to mention that he can make most of the throws and has decent accuracy.

He's not Landry Jones, Matt Barkley or Andrew Luck, but you can not deny the ties he has, and that there is a possibility, especially if Denver doesn't draft someone in the first and he's available in the second round!

;)

Im not hearing that. Rang still has him as the 9th qb on his list and nick's number's say he's an Orton type qb. he's great when playing from behind but he can't get them over the hump
Foles has put together a few rallies to get the Wildcats to the verge of overtaking their opponent, but could never get over the hump. When down by more than 22 points, he has completed 76.6% of his passes for 402 yards and a touchdown. When the deficit is between 15 to 21 points, Foles has completed 67.1% of his passes for 545 yards, two touchdowns and one interception

Foles is at his best when down by two scores. He has completed 76.6% of his passes for 688 yards, six touchdowns and two interceptions. However, when Arizona is on the verge of completing the comeback and just down by as high as seven points, he falters. Foles has completed 51.7% of his passes for 116 yards, one touchdown that came in the second quarter against a then winless Oregon State team, and an interception.

In third down situation, Foles has only completed 55.6% of his passes for 283 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. When in 3rd and 6+ situations, Foles has completed 47.6 % of his passes.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhaehG4uWoY

Tell me what he does in this "highlight" reel to wow you?

http://tucsoncitizen.com/tc-arizona-sports/2011/10/13/is-arizona-quarterback-nick-foles-overrated/

Lancane
10-25-2011, 06:31 PM
Im not hearing that. Rang still has him as the 9th qb on his list and nick's number's say he's an Orton type qb. he's great when playing from behind but he can't get them over the hump

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhaehG4uWoY

Tell me what he does in this "highlight" reel to wow you?

First of all, among active senior quarterbacks he's second in numbers to only Ryan Tannehill of Texas A&M.

I never said he was a 'Wow' quarterback, but I will say he has tremendous upside with the right coaching. He is more of a game manager, I've never denied that fact though, so in some ways he does remind people of Orton, except he has has a far better arm, better accuracy and unlike Old Kyle, he has a drive and will to succeed.

he's great when playing from behind but he can't get them over the hump

So you're saying he's like Orton but with Tebow's ability for comebacks? So better mechanics, game management ability, quality arm, decent accuracy and unlike Orton a never say die attitude. I guess they should take him off their big board right now. Better to just have a quarterback with a passion and drive to succeed in the fourth quarter, but not the rest!

;)

Jsteve01
10-25-2011, 06:34 PM
First of all, among active senior quarterbacks he's second in numbers to only Ryan Tannehill of Texas A&M.

I never said he was a 'Wow' quarterback, but I will say he has tremendous upside with the right coaching. He is more of a game manager, I've never denied that fact though, so in some ways he does remind people of Orton, except he has has a far better arm, better accuracy and unlike Old Kyle, he has a drive and will to succeed.

So you're saying he's like Orton but with Tebow's ability for comebacks? So better mechanics, game management ability, quality arm, decent accuracy and unlike Orton a never say die attitude. I guess they should take him off their big board right now. Better to just have a quarterback with a passion and drive to succeed in the fourth quarter, but not the rest!

;)

Im saying he like most quarterbacks has gawdy numbers when his team is down, but when he gets back within striking distance he puts up numbers that would make most laugh at even projecting him as an nfl prospect.

Jsteve01
10-25-2011, 06:35 PM
However, when Arizona is on the verge of completing the comeback and just down by as high as seven points, he falters. Foles has completed 51.7% of his passes for 116 yards, one touchdown that came in the second quarter against a then winless Oregon State team, and an interception.

In third down situation, Foles has only completed 55.6% of his passes for 283 yards, one touchdown and two interceptions. When in 3rd and 6+ situations, Foles has completed 47.6 % of his passes.

http://tucsoncitizen.com/tc-arizona-sports/2011/10/13/is-arizona-quarterback-nick-foles-overrated/

He's leading a team that's 2-5 right now...didn't we just see that?

FlyByU
10-25-2011, 06:43 PM

I think he will be a Colt if anything.

Poet
10-25-2011, 06:55 PM

All he has to do is have every passing record ever and five super bowls. That's not that hard.

Lancane
10-25-2011, 07:03 PM
However, when Arizona is on the verge of completing the comeback and just down by as high as seven points, he falters. Foles has completed 51.7% of his passes for 116 yards, one touchdown that came in the second quarter against a then winless Oregon State team, and an interception.

He's leading a team that's 2-5 right now...didn't we just see that?

Hey no need to defend your position, I was just stating some facts of what is being said in the draftnik circles.

I've already stated that I think they'll take Landry Jones, but I could see Foles being a secondary option and especially when you look at the types of quarterbacks that Fox seems to like running the offense, in that sense...Foles makes sense.

;)

chazoe60
10-25-2011, 07:04 PM
I should winthe lottery, if I can.

Northman
10-25-2011, 07:18 PM
In the 6th round?

Nevermind. Tom Brady being picked in the 6th round was my confusion.

The general point was its a QB deep draft. I really didnt think i had to spell it out.

NightTerror218
10-25-2011, 07:50 PM
Bad Omen.....Luck has a neck beard

Lancane
10-25-2011, 08:04 PM
Bad Omen.....Luck has a neck beard

Good Omen...Jones has a stache

http://i2.cdn.turner.com/si/2009/writers/george_schroeder/10/02/landry-jones/landry-jones-p1.jpg

lgenf
10-25-2011, 08:12 PM
we are not going to be drafting in the top 5 this year

clearly there are 3 teams that are in the running to go winless

Indy is looking like they will get the 1st pick
Rams may be in the running for 2nd
the Fins look better than their record
Vikings may have new hope, but still are bad
Cards are really struggling with Kolb and suck badly

we will not be in the top 5 to pick, we may be between 6th and 10th, but we have sooo many needs outside of QB that we cannot afford to waste a pick

Lancane
10-25-2011, 08:15 PM
we will not be in the top 5 to pick, we may be between 6th and 10th, but we have sooo many needs outside of QB that we cannot afford to waste a pick

Keep telling yourself that...because self denial is nothing more then a mental defense mechanism.

;)

lgenf
10-25-2011, 08:24 PM
Keep telling yourself that...because self denial is nothing more then a mental defense mechanism.

;)

I'm not in denial at all

I thought we had a legit shot at 4-5 wins this season

those other teams look like they will be lucky to get to 2 which we are already at

I think we can beat Oakland, KC x 2 (that gets us to 5) and maybe another, I don't have any ideas that we are winning the division, going to the playoffs or even going to end at .500

Lancane
10-25-2011, 08:51 PM
I'm not in denial at all

I thought we had a legit shot at 4-5 wins this season

those other teams look like they will be lucky to get to 2 which we are already at

I think we can beat Oakland, KC x 2 (that gets us to 5) and maybe another, I don't have any ideas that we are winning the division, going to the playoffs or even going to end at .500

We barely beat a team with one of the worst defenses in the league...optimism is respectable, I just don't subscribe to it.

And more or less I was talking about the need for a quarterback, because there is a need...even if you're too blind to see it!

CrazyHorse
10-26-2011, 12:28 AM
This thread was kind of a joke. Although I do think it would be cool, however unrealistic to run an offense with both of them in the game. Line up in the pro set with Luck under center and Tebow at fullback. Then you could always switch on the fly to the wild horses shotgun formation by moving Luck to flanker or the slot and Tebow receiving the snap in the gun. BRILLIANT!!! Hey at least it's more creative than what McCoy could ever dream up.