PDA

View Full Version : A little perspective...

MasterShake
10-25-2011, 04:42 PM
Was bored, so I went to check out the game day forum for Miami from the last game. You can see the meltdown start here with the onside recovery:
http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?66397-*Official*-Broncos-v-Dolphins-Gameday-thread/page38

Besides being hysterical, it really brought up some bad memories from last year when we knew McDaniels was as good as gone and we were struggling. In the rest of the forums, you can see similar threads pop up regarding getting Cower or Gruden to come coach, what QB they should get, etc.

I just wanted to post in case anyone was curious, and to remind everyone that it could always be worse! :lol:

Win or lose, we are going to find out a lot about this team the rest of the year. At least we aren't in self destruct mode like we were last season and as the Dolphins are going through now. Personally, I can't wait for the day we just talk about HOW we can win a game, not IF or what QB will be starting...

Anyway, click through and read if you want to feel just a little better about things!

MasterShake
10-25-2011, 04:50 PM
One of my favorite quotes from a member talking about the 2 pt conversion by Tebow:

completely untouched... except by GOD

EDIT: The self depricating humor that the Fins Fans have throughout this thread is a testament to why I love the NFL. So much emotion riding on everything!

dogfish
10-25-2011, 11:12 PM
Jason Cole of Yahoo! Sports reports that Dolphins owner Stephen Ross “apparently” has his eyes on Cowher and Gruden, and that Cowher and Gruden could be interested.

“Both Cowher and Gruden have quietly planted seeds that they would like to return to coaching and are more than open to listening to an offer from Miami owner Stephen Ross,” Cole writes. “According to two sources in and around the team, former Dolphins quarterback and current CBS studio analyst Dan Marino has been telling Dolphins management that Cowher, an analyst partner, is geared up for a return. Cowher is also close with Ross confidant Carl Peterson.”

Mike Freeman of CBSSports.com takes it one step farther. He reports that the Dolphins already have contacted Cowher through intermediaries.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/category/rumor-mill/

;)

Northman
10-25-2011, 11:26 PM
Was bored, so I went to check out the game day forum for Miami from the last game. You can see the meltdown start here with the onside recovery:
http://www.thephins.com/forums/showthread.php?66397-*Official*-Broncos-v-Dolphins-Gameday-thread/page38

Besides being hysterical, it really brought up some bad memories from last year when we knew McDaniels was as good as gone and we were struggling. In the rest of the forums, you can see similar threads pop up regarding getting Cower or Gruden to come coach, what QB they should get, etc.

I just wanted to post in case anyone was curious, and to remind everyone that it could always be worse! :lol:

Win or lose, we are going to find out a lot about this team the rest of the year. At least we aren't in self destruct mode like we were last season and as the Dolphins are going through now. Personally, I can't wait for the day we just talk about HOW we can win a game, not IF or what QB will be starting...

Anyway, click through and read if you want to feel just a little better about things!

Actually, this just proves my point a while back about all teams that struggle have dissatisfied fan bases. Sometimes people read stuff on this forum and think that we are the only ones who get angry at what goes on with the team. It happens all over the NFL every year.

Northman
10-25-2011, 11:32 PM
I think what is extremely sad about all that is the members on that board were calling the plays before they even happened. Thats how predictable McCoy is. hahahahahahaa

jhildebrand
10-26-2011, 12:19 AM
Gruden just upped for 5 more years on ESPN. I dont see him moving on. Maybe? But I think he is the NFL's Lee Corso. But then again he is from the Miami area IIRC.

Cowher...he has to be ready by now.

CrazyHorse
10-26-2011, 03:27 AM
Gruden just upped for 5 more years on ESPN. I dont see him moving on. Maybe? But I think he is the NFL's Lee Corso. But then again he is from the Miami area IIRC.

Cowher...he has to be ready by now.

Cowher won't do shit without Dick LeBeau.

Reading those posts was hilarious.:laugh:

sneakers
10-26-2011, 04:02 AM
This was my favorite part of that thread:

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_2.gif

sneakers
10-26-2011, 04:06 AM
Also the poster calling them the "Lolphins" was good too.

Lancane
10-26-2011, 04:06 AM
http://4.bp.blogspot.com/-pzi0hA05y1g/TmeMLaJF9HI/AAAAAAAAaK4/LYC530jDCpk/s400/dolphinschick.jpg

Juriga72
10-26-2011, 07:43 AM
IIRC.... Were NOT the Phin Phans calling out Orton's name during TC? I mean golly..... "It could be worse" yes.... But I also bet most Phin Phans are saying right now..."It would REALLY suck if we had traded for Horton"

vandammage13
10-26-2011, 08:40 AM
One of the fin fans noticed this as well:

took the Broncos 55 minutes to figure out they should spread the field. That is our weakness... Jets figured it out on Monday night. We can't cover **** when they go spread.

The Glue Factory
10-26-2011, 08:59 AM
And given 2 weeks of prep our coaching staff couldn't uncover that weakness? If we continue to see such stubborn adherence to Fox's scheme I'll say he needs to go sooner rather than later. At least Shanahan did a good job breaking down film of the opponents and putting a solid game plan against them.

I hate to say it but I think the game has passed Fox by; by a few decades. :tsk:

Jsteve01
10-26-2011, 09:16 AM
And given 2 weeks of prep our coaching staff couldn't uncover that weakness? If we continue to see such stubborn adherence to Fox's scheme I'll say he needs to go sooner rather than later. At least Shanahan did a good job breaking down film of the opponents and putting a solid game plan against them.

I hate to say it but I think the game has passed Fox by; by a few decades. :tsk:

For the love of Pete it's not Fox's system. It's McCoy's. Fox has a conservative philosophy he want to stick to but he's never developed an "offensive system" This crap is fully on the shoulders of McCoy. Fox's big downfall as many coaches like Shanny and Wade is his inability to assemble great staffs and his loyalty to his guys when they flounder

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 09:17 AM
I feel their pain but I hope they don't get the last laugh. If Luck isn't a Bronco I hope he lives forever in the NFC

MasterShake
10-26-2011, 11:30 AM
This was my favorite part of that thread:

http://images.thephins.com/signaturepics/sigpic83_2.gif

Made a better one:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/zeitgeist/Broncos-Volleyball.jpg

sneakers
10-26-2011, 04:07 PM
Made a better one:

http://i164.photobucket.com/albums/u14/Kenobi1_bucket/zeitgeist/Broncos-Volleyball.jpg

Yes, i like the volleyball.

BigDaddyBronco
10-26-2011, 04:15 PM
I like the cameltoe....

chazoe60
10-26-2011, 04:22 PM
Based on the title of the thread I thought this was going to be about how MO views the world.

NameUsedBefore
10-26-2011, 04:51 PM
I always scrounge the internet for online forums when a team suffers a bad loss; i.e., the other team pulls a comeback, the team loses to someone they should have easily beaten or a team with great expectations is playing like crap. I visited the Chargers forum after Sanchez rained on them and saw a discussion about getting rid of Philip Rivers. It's free comedy. College losses are usually the best, though, because the ebb and flow of emotional highs and lows is mindblowingly excessive.

BroncoNut
10-26-2011, 04:59 PM
I like the cameltoe....

now THAT is ot. nice bod.

Cugel
10-26-2011, 06:34 PM

So sad that the fans are so clueless. I know it's hopeless to point out reality to those living in a complete alternative dimension that doesn't touch earth at any point. But, here goes! :coffee:

The plays the Broncos called and the plays Tebow ran were two different things!

They instituted plenty of "Tebow friendly" plays where he got to throw out of the shot-gun and move around. What happened? He missed wide open WRs by 10 yards and held onto the ball so long in indecision that he was sacked 7 times!

If you add all the times Tebow ran with the ball, all the times he was sacked to his pass attempts you see that the Broncos gave Tebow EVERY CHANCE TO SUCCEED!

They called plenty of pass plays. Those plays were designed for Tebow to throw out of the shot-gun. Some of them, like the pass to Eric Decker completely FOOLED the Dolphins offense and were WIDE OPEN FOR A TD!

Tebow just didn't execute them the way they were designed. He held onto the ball in desperation, mistook his reads and got sacked or he took off and ran with the ball on designed passing plays. And the few times he actually threw the ball in the first 3 quarters he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!

That's not the fault of the coaching staff. That falls directly on one guy: Tim Tebow! The failure of the offense was due to ONE PLAYER. It wasn't the fault of the coaches or the O-line which played great football or the RBs who averaged 6 yards per carry.

Stink and Alfred Williams were making this exact point on 104.3 the Fan all week. It's not just me saying this.

Now carry on with your delusion of an ultra-conservative play calling "stiffling Tim Tebow and not giving him a chance." :coffee:

Tned
10-26-2011, 07:41 PM
So sad that the fans are so clueless. I know it's hopeless to point out reality to those living in a complete alternative dimension that doesn't touch earth at any point. But, here goes! :coffee:

The plays the Broncos called and the plays Tebow ran were two different things!

They instituted plenty of "Tebow friendly" plays where he got to throw out of the shot-gun and move around. What happened? He missed wide open WRs by 10 yards and held onto the ball so long in indecision that he was sacked 7 times!

If you add all the times Tebow ran with the ball, all the times he was sacked to his pass attempts you see that the Broncos gave Tebow EVERY CHANCE TO SUCCEED!

They called plenty of pass plays. Those plays were designed for Tebow to throw out of the shot-gun. Some of them, like the pass to Eric Decker completely FOOLED the Dolphins offense and were WIDE OPEN FOR A TD!

Tebow just didn't execute them the way they were designed. He held onto the ball in desperation, mistook his reads and got sacked or he took off and ran with the ball on designed passing plays. And the few times he actually threw the ball in the first 3 quarters he couldn't hit the broad side of a barn!

That's not the fault of the coaching staff. That falls directly on one guy: Tim Tebow! The failure of the offense was due to ONE PLAYER. It wasn't the fault of the coaches or the O-line which played great football or the RBs who averaged 6 yards per carry.

Stink and Alfred Williams were making this exact point on 104.3 the Fan all week. It's not just me saying this.

Now carry on with your delusion of an ultra-conservative play calling "stiffling Tim Tebow and not giving him a chance." :coffee:

Alfred was also telling people to vote for Tebow for the Pro Bowl, so his judgment is highly suspect.

That aside, Tebow was sacked six times, not seven, and all but one pass in the first five series were 2nd/3rd and long. So, while Tebow needs to make the throws, it was also bad play calling to put a young QB exclusively in pass rush/blitz situations when calling pass plays.

Lancane
10-26-2011, 09:57 PM
Alfred was also telling people to vote for Tebow for the Pro Bowl, so his judgment is highly suspect.

That aside, Tebow was sacked six times, not seven, and all but one pass in the first five series were 2nd/3rd and long. So, while Tebow needs to make the throws, it was also bad play calling to put a young QB exclusively in pass rush/blitz situations when calling pass plays.

Really? He told people to vote Tebow in for the Pro-Bowl?

Yeah, okay...

As to the other, no one ever accused McCoy of being a good coordinator!

Tned
10-26-2011, 10:34 PM
Really? He told people to vote Tebow in for the Pro-Bowl?

Yeah, okay...

As to the other, no one ever accused McCoy of being a good coordinator!

It's the context of how Alfred has been one of the major Anti-Tebow people in the media. Trashing him regularly and any callers that said anything positive about Tebow. Now, he tells people to vote for Tebow for Pro Bowl.

Lancane
10-26-2011, 10:36 PM
It's the context of how Alfred has been one of the major Anti-Tebow people in the media. Trashing him regularly and any callers that said anything positive about Tebow. Now, he tells people to vote for Tebow for Pro Bowl.

I think Alfred has been eating the local fungus and it's finally effected his mind.

Tned
10-27-2011, 07:12 AM
I think Alfred has been eating the local fungus and it's finally effected his mind.

Clearly.