PDA

View Full Version : A message to "New" Broncos fans.... you know who you are. You all own a #15 jersey and nothing else with a Broncos logo

Pages : [1] 2

MileHighCrew
10-25-2011, 12:27 PM
Here is advice for "New" Broncos fans or as we call them "Tebow fans".

If you compare any QB to wear a Denver uniform to Elway you are WRONG.
If you think the current QB can hold Elway's jock you are WRONG.
If you believe one day any QB with dim the light that is John Elway you are WRONG.
John Elway carried 3 teams that had no business to the Super Bowl and then won 2 Super Bowls with good teams and went out at the very peak of professional sports.

If you care to be in the good books of any true Bronco fan or, or to be taken the least bit serious please do not try to discredit John Elway to us.

For Tebow fans, the love and passion you have for that player, we as Broncos fan do understand, you see we had John Elway. We lived and breathed with him at QB, he was everything to us and created a lot of us as Broncos fans. So to come in to a BRONCOS forum and talk bad about Elway or try to play down his stats by comparing him to a QB with 4 starts will not win you anything with Bronco fans.

Please try to understand, as this season is all about Tebow for a number of you this is about the Elway lead Broncos for the rest of us. It isn't about Orton or Tebow or Quinn it is and has always been about Elway and if he is going to bring the Broncos back to being a power once again.

BORDERLINE
10-25-2011, 12:33 PM
Don't you mess with Elway the player. The VP Elway is free game. Unless Tebow or any other QB for that matter can come in and get us a 3peat. John Elway will still reign supreme. And even then he would only be equal to Elway.

atwater27
10-25-2011, 12:38 PM
This post might set a salute record.

MileHighCrew
10-25-2011, 12:48 PM
Don't you mess with Elway the player. The VP Elway is free game. Unless Tebow or any other QB for that matter can come in and get us a 3peat. John Elway will still reign supreme. And even then he would only be equal to Elway.

IMO John Elway the VP is still John Elway. If anyone has earned the chance to create a vision of the Broncos it is Elway and it is MUCH too early to question or doubt him.

Cugel
10-25-2011, 01:08 PM
The fact that the Tebowniacs are already attacking Elway and Fox at this early point in the season, before they've even done much of anything is just proof that they're living in some Bizarro dimension which has no contact with reality at any point. :coffee:

It's not as if Elway and Xanders have traded away their pro-bowl QB, brought in Kyle Orton, and drafted a RB with the first round pick!

Oh, but they delayed a full 5 games before naming Tebow the starter you see! That means they are guilty of doubting the blessings of the Anointed One! Blasphemers! :coffee:

weazel
10-25-2011, 01:41 PM
I was thinking the same thing but I'm not the wordsmith that MHC is... my posts tend to be 3 or 4 monosyllabic grunts and a smiley!

great post!

G_Money
10-25-2011, 01:45 PM
John did many things wrong as a QB while still being one of the greatest to ever lace 'em up at the position. If Tebow can make the same claim in 15 years, then that's great. It'll be like having Bret Favre AND Aaron Rogers in the history of the Packers, or Big Ben AND Terry Bradshaw, or whatever.

Nothing wrong with having multiple Super-Bowl-winning QBs in franchise history. But right now we don't. Right now we have a QB who if not the best ever is top-5 ever at the position, and you can make a case that if Elway had been in SF and Joe Montana had been in Denver that Montana would have been out of football in half the time and Elway would have more SBs than anyone ever.

See what I did there? I just insulted Joe Montana by intimating that he had great teams with great offensive and defensive minds supported by phenomenal talent, and he could never have done what John did by willing crapass teams in the 80s to Super Bowls they had no business being in.

49er fans would take umbrage with that. Joe Montana is in the Hall, has a bunch of rings and all the accolades that could ever be accorded a QB. I can SAY Elway would have been better in SF, but it'd start an argument with fans of that team who watched ANOTHER one of the greatest ever suit up and just win, baby.

Tebow hasn't done that yet. Tebow is not a HOFer and we are not discussing whether he or Elway is the greatest QB in Broncos history because Tim hasn't done jack yet. I agree with the OP, pleasepleasePLEASE stop bringing up John Elway in any way that doesn't involve hoping that he goes with Tebow at QB and allows him to be the face of this team going forward.

I don't mind the Gator fans loving Tebow and basking in his new starter status. I like Tebow the man and I consider myself open-minded about Tebow the QB and his ability to have sustained success in the pros.

Feel free to enjoy his starts, cheer for him optimistically, and savor the successes he has.

But please save the Elway/Tebow comparisons for AFTER Tim wins a Superbowl.

Or two.

Because until then you just look foolish and we lose whatever good points you might have made in our reflexive eye-rolling over the idiocy of the comparison.

TIA.

~G

G_Money
10-25-2011, 01:47 PM
And since I think all I did was (unnecessarily) re-state the original post, now that I read the crap I just wrote, I'll just copy another poster and say, great post MHC. :salute:

~G

pnbronco
10-25-2011, 03:12 PM
Great post MHC. What I heard on the radio yesterday is that when John came into the league he had the pro-style skills already down. As Shapiro said he was Luck before Luck. Everyone knew he could play the game as it is played in the NFL. So to compare stats just doesn't make sense at this point and time.

I became a Bronco fan when John started playing and I watched him do amazing things and I watched him fail. He carried this team on his back for many years, took a amazing amount of criticism. It's funny to think he was judged on what candy he gave out for Halloween and scary to think how many years ago that was. This was long before internet and message boards.

John restructured his salary so they could bring in more skilled players. He took so many sacks I didn't think he could walk when he turned 50. He just kept hanging in there even when so many wrote/reported that he didn't have the goods to win a championship. The night he lifted that trophy I cried my eyes out because of everything he had gone through to get to that point.

John earned the right to be in the heart of every Bronco fan out there and that's where he will stay for the rest of my life.

red98
10-25-2011, 04:21 PM

If you believe one day any QB with dim the light that is John Elway you are WRONG.
John Elway carried 3 teams that had no business to the Super Bowl and then won 2 Super Bowls with good teams and went out at the very peak of professional sports.

If you care to be in the good books of any true Bronco fan or, or to be taken the least bit serious please do not try to discredit John Elway to us.

For Tebow fans, the love and passion you have for that player, we as Broncos fan do understand, you see we had John Elway. We lived and breathed with him at QB, he was everything to us and created a lot of us as Broncos fans. So to come in to a BRONCOS forum and talk bad about Elway or try to play down his stats by comparing him to a QB with 4 starts will not win you anything with Bronco fans.

Please try to understand, as this season is all about Tebow for a number of you this is about the Elway lead Broncos for the rest of us. It isn't about Orton or Tebow or Quinn it is and has always been about Elway and if he is going to bring the Broncos back to being a power once again.

That was an awesome post MHC and a needed one. It's unfortunate that it will be ignored by most Tebois and argued against by the rest.

But thanks for writing it anyway.:salute:

dogfish
10-25-2011, 04:21 PM
next tebowner that compares his boy to the Duke gets the falcon punch!

:salute:

Northman
10-25-2011, 04:23 PM

Ok BF!!!

http://www.internationalhero.co.uk/d/dynomutt.jpg

NightTerror218
10-25-2011, 04:34 PM
Makes me want to go out and buy a Tebow jersey right now

dogfish
10-25-2011, 05:07 PM
Ok BF!!!

you're in charge of the punching, okay?

chazoe60
10-25-2011, 05:38 PM
Tebow>>>>>>>>Elway

Lancane
10-25-2011, 06:24 PM
Tebow>>>>>>>>Elway

Fixed it for you!

Tebow>Most other quarterbacks>Elway! ;)

FlyByU
10-25-2011, 06:34 PM
Well what kind of memorabilia do you all have?

I have Broncos Playing Cards, Brian Dawkins #20 Jersey, A Broncos Helmet Sprinkler, 2 John Elway Back 2 Back SB T's several other Broncos T's Broncos Cap, and 3x5 Broncos Flag.

If I had been smarter I should of saved my ticket stubs from when I went to the games at the Real Mile High Stadium. I use to have more but over the years it all seems to have disappeared. I blame it on moving, or people that liked what they seen and just took it.

Locnar
10-25-2011, 06:44 PM
John Elway was my hero growing up. When I was a little kid and I would watch games with my dad. My dad would yell his name so much, I thought John Elway was my uncle. Every year for halloween I was John Elway. In my school I was the only Bronco fan and would regularly get criticized for it. I lived and died for that team! So when John got his first superbowl, it felt like I won the superbowl. It was one of the happiest moments in my life that I will never forget.

MileHighCrew
10-25-2011, 06:48 PM
Well what kind of memorabilia do you all have?

I have Broncos Playing Cards, Brian Dawkins #20 Jersey, A Broncos Helmet Sprinkler, 2 John Elway Back 2 Back SB T's several other Broncos T's Broncos Cap, and 3x5 Broncos Flag.

If I had been smarter I should of saved my ticket stubs from when I went to the games at the Real Mile High Stadium. I use to have more but over the years it all seems to have disappeared. I blame it on moving, or people that liked what they seen and just took it.

myself, in jersey's I have an authentic Marshal (away) Cutler (home) Champ (orange my fav,) Elway (home) autographed Plummer (blue) Portis (Blue) Mike Anderson (Blue), Shannon Sharpe (blue) and one of the yellow throw backs with my name on it. my wife bought me a Tebow jersey t-shirt and way too many t-shirts hoodies and hat, (I get the coaches or the sideline every year)
I have Broncos shoes (found them at some little shoe store on the 16th ave mall on my first trip to Denver, about half a dozen dvd's and a few books including one signed by Shanny on the building of the new stadium. I have the McFarline Cutler and the Orange and blue ones of Elway. ect ect... It is an obsession for me. I once drove from Winnipeg to Denver in a day to see a game, that is a 20 hour drive. I even have Broncos stuff all over my Christmas tree.
I don't expect people to be like me, my first time in the Broncos team store I spent $1000 in 20 minutes.
What I ask is Tebow fans understand we are just as passionate about our team and our greatest QB, just like they are with Tebow.

MileHighCrew
10-25-2011, 06:49 PM
John Elway was my hero growing up. When I was a little kid and I would watch games with my dad. My dad would yell his name so much, I thought John Elway was my uncle. Every year for halloween I was John Elway. In my school I was the only Bronco fan and would regularly get criticized for it. I lived and died for that team! So when John got his first superbowl, it felt like I won the superbowl. It was one of the happiest moments in my life that I will never forget.

My kids being born, my wedding day, the 1st Super Bowl against Green Bay and my first game in Denver. Those are the greatest days of my life

FanInAZ
10-25-2011, 06:54 PM
myself, in jersey's I have an authentic Marshal (away) Cutler (home) Champ (orange my fav,) Elway (home) autographed Plummer (blue) Portis (Blue) Mike Anderson (Blue), Shannon Sharpe (blue) and one of the yellow throw backs with my name on it. my wife bought me a Tebow jersey t-shirt and way too many t-shirts hoodies and hat, (I get the coaches or the sideline every year)
I have Broncos shoes (found them at some little shoe store on the 16th ave mall on my first trip to Denver, about half a dozen dvd's and a few books including one signed by Shanny on the building of the new stadium. I have the McFarline Cutler and the Orange and blue ones of Elway. ect ect... It is an obsession for me. I once drove from Winnipeg to Denver in a day to see a game, that is a 20 hour drive. I even have Broncos stuff all over my Christmas tree.
I don't expect people to be like me, my first time in the Broncos team store I spent $1000 in 20 minutes.
What I ask is Tebow fans understand we are just as passionate about our team and our greatest QB, just like they are with Tebow.

I just have Elway's home blue jersey & a pennant shaped wall clock commemorating the back to back SB wins.

MileHighCrew
10-25-2011, 06:55 PM
I just have Elway's home blue jersey & a pennant shaped wall clock commemorating the back to back SB wins.

I finally found a back to back t-shirt in Winnipeg in this little sports store barried in the corner about 2 years ago.

chazoe60
10-25-2011, 06:57 PM
I have a polaroid of me meeting John Elway. His daughter was in the picture (the one who inducted him into the HOF). I had behind the scenes access to training camp because my Uncle was personal friends with Dan Reeves. It was probably in 87 or so, can't remember the exact year.

I also have a ton of other stuff, I have 32 Denver Broncos hats, whenever I see one I seem compelled to buy it. My wife is disgusted and annoyed by my hat habit.

Northman
10-25-2011, 07:12 PM
Meeting Elway on the sideline at a Hinkley High School game was my greatest day next to the SB wins.

BeefStew25
10-25-2011, 07:16 PM
Creeping through Elways backyard and having the cops called and Elway pointing at me to the cop was hands down the greatest night in my life, counting that evening in the county pen.

chazoe60
10-25-2011, 07:48 PM
Creeping through Elways backyard and having the cops called and Elway pointing at me to the cop was hands down the greatest night in my life, counting that evening in the county pen.

It's scary to think just how close one of my heros came to being sexually violated.

lgenf
10-25-2011, 08:04 PM
not all us new fans are comparing T2 to Elway, so let's not paint a broad stroke with that brush your wielding

it's the kids 4th start, so far he's got some incredible records under his belt, let's just take things 1 game at a time

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2011, 08:06 PM
What a great thread and opening post MHC. First, I owe you a MAJOR "thank you", as you more than likely saved me from being banned. Everytime I read where someone stated that John was holding Tebow back, because he did not want Tebow to break his records, etc., etc., Coach Fox was holding Tebow back, etc., you don't KNOW how close I was to ripping someone a new one.

First of all, NO ONE in the Broncos' organization is TRYING to make TT look bad. With this being John's first year as Executive Vice President of Football Operations, and Coach Fox's first year, how absolutely STUPID for anyone to think either of them are doing anything intentionally to make TT look bad. Both John's took the positions they did because they want the Broncos to be successful.

Secondly, if TT can be half as good as #7 was for the Broncos, everyone will be happy - BECAUSE no QB will ever take over #7's place in the hearts of Bronco fans. Only Bronco fans know what it meant when #7 won his first SB - adults cried like babies, the whole state of Colorado went nuts, Bronco fans in other states and other countries celebrated the win. There will NEVER be anything quite like that again. As Pat Bowlen said, when holding up the superbowl trophy - "THIS ONE'S FOR JOHN".

And who can forget Dave Logan's last call of the game:

“One play baby, one play. 4th and 6. And I know I’m supposed to be objective but I can’t help it. 4th and 6 with 32 seconds to go. One play to the Championship. Freeman and Mays wide left, Chmura inside of Mickens to the right side, Favre with Levens behind him. 4th and 6 from the 31. Blitz is on. Favre – hit as he throws. Pass is gonna be INCOMPLETE!!!! DENVER HOOOOOLLLLDDDSSS!!! Denver’s gonna win it! Oh baby they’re gonna win this thing! Are you kidding me? Bronco players are all over the field! Oh man! You can stand up and salute in Denver. You got the World Champions that live in your town.” – Dave Logan, Super Bowl XXXII

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/25/1268719/remembering-the-first-time-denver

Chris90210
10-25-2011, 08:18 PM
I want a broncos potato head.... thats neato. that would look great next to my broncos ball cap on the dash of my truck

Dreadnought
10-25-2011, 08:31 PM
What a great thread and opening post MHC. First, I owe you a MAJOR "thank you", as you more than likely saved me from being banned. Everytime I read where someone stated that John was holding Tebow back, because he did not want Tebow to break his records, etc., etc., Coach Fox was holding Tebow back, etc., you don't KNOW how close I was to ripping someone a new one.

First of all, NO ONE in the Broncos' organization is TRYING to make TT look bad. With this being John's first year as Executive Vice President of Football Operations, and Coach Fox's first year, how absolutely STUPID for anyone to think either of them are doing anything intentionally to make TT look bad. Both John's took the positions they did because they want the Broncos to be successful.

Secondly, if TT can be half as good as #7 was for the Broncos, everyone will be happy - BECAUSE no QB will ever take over #7's place in the hearts of Bronco fans. Only Bronco fans know what it meant when #7 won his first SB - adults cried like babies, the whole state of Colorado went nuts, Bronco fans in other states and other countries celebrated the win. There will NEVER be anything quite like that again. As Pat Bowlen said, when holding up the superbowl trophy - "THIS ONE'S FOR JOHN".

http://www.milehighreport.com/2010/1/25/1268719/remembering-the-first-time-denver

Carol, if you of all people were ever banned the World would stop spinning on its axis :salute:

pnbronco
10-25-2011, 08:33 PM
Carol, if you of all people were ever banned the World would stop spinning on its axis :salute:

I know I was thinking the same thing. It would be like hearing Bambi went nuts and killed a whole town..... We love ya girl and so glad you have you here......:beer:

Nomad
10-25-2011, 08:35 PM
Ok BF!!!

That's funny....good one!

DenBronx
10-25-2011, 08:38 PM
MHC, you said everything I was thinking in your post. :salute:

It angers me to see the noobs even bring up #7s name.

IMO, I think Elway has done a fantastic job since he has been here. People think he should somehow be on the field coaching Tebows mechanics but that's not Elways place or job description! Elway was brought in to help oversee things and help build a championship team.

Do not mess with the GOAT!:mad:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2011, 08:40 PM

Dread - if I would have posted the words I was thinking when I read some of the posts slamming #7, then I guess the world would have stopped spinning on it's axis :laugh:

Northman
10-25-2011, 08:47 PM
What a great thread and opening post MHC. First, I owe you a MAJOR "thank you", as you more than likely saved me from being banned.

Excellent post Carol but seriously? You would never get banned. What are you gonna do? Kill them with kindness? :D

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2011, 08:49 PM
Excellent post Carol but seriously? You would never get banned. What are you gonna do? Kill them with kindness? :D

Never can tell with me North ;)

dogfish
10-25-2011, 08:59 PM
Meeting Elway on the sideline at a Hinkley High School game was my greatest day next to the SB wins.

dude, does missy know about this?

:laugh:

dogfish
10-25-2011, 09:01 PM

you know they'd probably let you back after a week, right?

:listen:

come on, it'd totally be worth it! unleash that fury. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2011, 09:12 PM
you know they'd probably let you back after a week, right?

:listen:

come on, it'd totally be worth it! unleash that fury. . . .

OK - so if I try it, and get banned, then I am sure you will give me your posting privileges and serve the banning for me - right?:D

dogfish
10-25-2011, 09:13 PM
OK - so if I try it, and get banned, then I am sure you will give me your posting privileges and serve the banning for me - right?:D

absolutely, it'd be worth it!

we all want to see this. . . i'll take a banning for the team if that's what'll make it happen. . .

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2011, 09:22 PM
absolutely, it'd be worth it!

we all want to see this. . . i'll take a banning for the team if that's what'll make it happen. . .

I'm beginning to think you just want to get rid of me :sad::bawling:

BeefStew25
10-25-2011, 09:24 PM
Carol type a curse word.

dogfish
10-25-2011, 09:28 PM
I'm beginning to think you just want to get rid of me :sad::bawling:

no, i just want to see you rip into ****in' gator like king tearing into a bacon double cheeseburger. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2011, 09:32 PM
Carol type a curse word.

a curse word

pnbronco
10-25-2011, 09:33 PM
no, i just want to see you rip into ****in' gator like king tearing into a bacon double cheeseburger. . . .

:fight: can we pick who she goes after????? ;)

cardoso
10-25-2011, 09:37 PM
T2 1st 4 starts>>>>>>>>>>>>>>Elways 1st 4 starts!

Yea I said it!!

The only thing I don't like about Elway the GM is how he criticizes Tebow so much. Last I checked Elway had 50+ interceptions in his first 3 years. He has no room to talk about young guys learning the position, and not to mention he was one of the highest rated qb's to come out of college ever and still threw over 50 interceptions his first 3 years.

John I love ya, but stick to running the business side of the organization since that's your main role and let the coaches and GM's do the player evaluating. :salute:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2011, 09:44 PM

Yea I said it!!

The only thing I don't like about Elway the GM is how he criticizes Tebow so much. Last I checked Elway had 50+ interceptions in his first 3 years. He has no room to talk about young guys learning the position, and not to mention he was one of the highest rated qb's to come out of college ever and still threw over 50 interceptions his first 3 years.

John I love ya, but stick to running the business side of the organization since that's your main role and let the coaches and GM's do the player evaluating. :salute:

links please

Denver Native (Carol)
10-25-2011, 10:02 PM

Yea I said it!!

OH - you mean like this

Elway expressing confidence in Tebow

On the Broncos’ weekly audio show, ‘Elway Live,’ on Tuesday, the Hall of Famer expressed confidence in Tebow’s ability to make plays and put the team in a position to win.

“I think that Timmy’s intangibles are really why he’s been as successful as he’s been - his will to win, his competitiveness, his toughness,” Elway said. “We think that Timmy can come in and do it. We have confidence that Timmy can come in and make those plays to get us over the hump.”

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tebow-time-john-elway-expressing-confidence-in-tebow-20111012,0,2883350.story

AND:

John Elway supports Tim Tebow

"Let's put it this way, I'm his biggest fan," Elway said. "He's one of those guys who -- if he comes out and is the player we hope he can be -- then we're in pretty darn good shape. He's a great ambassador for us as a team. He realizes, and I've told him: The bottom line is, 'You can do all those things and make all those plays that a lot of guys can't do, and that's something you have that they don't -- but you have to realize for us to be champions, you have to be able to win it from the pocket and make all those throws from the pocket.' "

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6442597

Bullgator
10-25-2011, 10:08 PM
I dont own a Tebow Jersey. And I don't badmouth Elway the player or GM.

But I will compare Tebows early career to Elways. If for nothing more than to remind people not to judge too quickly.

Other than that great condescending post milehigh. Way to win over the hearts and minds.

Northman
10-25-2011, 10:08 PM

Yea I said it!!

Last i checked Elway has 5 SB appearances, 2 Championships, 9 Pro Bowls, is a Hall of Famer, and voted to the 90's all-decade team.

Until Tebow can actually sniff his jock in that regard Elway can talk all the junk he wants.

Lancane
10-25-2011, 10:15 PM
The bottom line is, 'You can do all those things and make all those plays that a lot of guys can't do, and that's something you have that they don't -- but you have to realize for us to be champions, you have to be able to win it from the pocket and make all those throws from the pocket.'

Hook, line and sinker...

dogfish
10-25-2011, 10:27 PM
:fight: can we pick who she goes after????? ;)

i don't know-- i kinda think it should just be an indiscriminate hunt and kill mission. . .

dogfish
10-25-2011, 10:28 PM
OH - you mean like this

http://www.kdvr.com/news/kdvr-tebow-time-john-elway-expressing-confidence-in-tebow-20111012,0,2883350.story

AND:

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=6442597

how about the time elway stayed after practice with tim to work on his mechanics?

:heh:

dogfish
10-25-2011, 10:29 PM
I dont own a Tebow Jersey.

yea, but i bet you've got his poster by your bed. . .

:D

:welcome:

turftoad
10-25-2011, 10:33 PM
But I will compare Tebows early career to Elways.

Go ahead and compare. :tsk:

Last i checked Elway has 5 SB appearances, 2 Championships, 9 Pro Bowls, is a Hall of Famer, and voted to the 90's all-decade team.

Until Tebow can actually sniff his jock in that regard Elway can talk all the junk he wants.

chazoe60
10-25-2011, 10:39 PM
Lets weed out the fakes and burn them to death. Their screams and shreeks shall be music to our blood thirsty ears.

Down with those ******* infidels.

jhildebrand
10-25-2011, 10:39 PM
But I will compare Tebows early career to Elways. If for nothing more than to remind people not to judge too quickly.

It is still a bad idea! It is two different era's-one of 3 yards and a cloud of dust and today's sling it 75% of the time.

Tebow would have fit well in Elways era. He is more suited, at least right now, for that time period of the NFL.

dogfish
10-25-2011, 10:43 PM
Go ahead and compare. :tsk:

compare what?

:lol:

tebow's college career to elway's pro career?

:noidea:

Lancane
10-25-2011, 10:49 PM
compare what?

tebow's college career to elway's pro career?

:noidea:

How many commercials they've been in, that might be the only leg up Tebow has on Elway...maybe.

DenBronx
10-25-2011, 11:27 PM
I like Tebow as our QB but I just wish none of his stalkers would have ever followed him here.

Lancane
10-25-2011, 11:28 PM
I like Tebow as our FB/HB/SB/TE/TQB but I just wish none of his stalkers would have ever followed him here.

Fixed it for ya! :D

DenBronx
10-25-2011, 11:36 PM
Fixed it for ya! :D

If you only watch the last 5 mins of Sundays game then that would be spot on.

Now that he is our full time QB he needs to win from the pocket first and run last. At least for injury sake.

Unfortunately we won't have a capable RB to help TT for a couple weeks.

Bullgator
10-25-2011, 11:50 PM
I like Tebow as our QB but I just wish none of his stalkers would have ever followed him here.

And I wish he could have stayed at Florida for ever. Sucks for us both I guess.

Bullgator
10-25-2011, 11:51 PM
You know for all the nuthanger and stalker talk you guys sure do worship Elway in an awfully similar fashion.

DenBronx
10-25-2011, 11:58 PM
And I wish he could have stayed at Florida for ever. Sucks for us both I guess.

So you admit that you're a stalker?

You know for all the nuthanger and stalker talk you guys sure do worship Elway in an awfully similar fashion.

And this is an example why this thread was created.

BroncoStud
10-25-2011, 11:59 PM
Lets run down the list shall we... John Elway vs Tim Tebow

Accuracy
Elway by a mile

Arm Strength
Elway by 10 miles

Mobility
Tebow edges him, not by much

Pocket Awareness
Elway by a mile

Clutch
Only player I've seen compare to Elway was Montana. Elway by some but Tebow is still very young and appears to be really clutch also.

It's not exactly a fair comparison because if you watched Elway's first 4 games as a pro he makes Tebow look like a Hall of Famer, but there is no denying that even then Elway could throw a football like very few before or since, if ever.

DenBronx
10-26-2011, 12:05 AM
I guess the only way to explain it to the Teboners is like this.

Compare the next rookie freshman QB to Tim Tebow and see how all of the Gator fans react. Greatest QB to ever lace up a pair of shoes in Gainsville or possibly all of college ever is TT but until a new guy comes in and breaks all of his records and wins more championships he can't hold a candle to his accomplishments.

Flip that to the wet behind the ears TT in the NFL to John Elway. Even most of my bone headed raider friends to this day will say Elway is a top 3 ALL TIME QB....in the NFL.....not college.

So retrack your stinkin thinkin.

Thanks.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 12:18 AM
So you admit that you're a stalker?

And this is an example why this thread was created.

wait a minute now whats good for the goose is good for the gander.

you cant sit there and post what you did and say that i cant feel the same way about my guy.

yours won you 2 championships and mine won me 2 championships. I have nothing but respect and admiration for Elway but not because you tell me to.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 12:21 AM
all im saying is dont call me a stalker and a nuthugger and leave yourself out we are both 1 and the same...fans of our champion QBS.. lets respect both sides...

red98
10-26-2011, 12:40 AM

Not to mention a league MVP and a SB MVP.

FanInAZ
10-26-2011, 01:55 AM

Other than that great condescending post milehigh. Way to win over the hearts and minds.

I can make comparisons of Elway's stats and achievements to those of Unitas, Tittle and any of the other pre-80s greats, but I could never compare them as players. Although I did see Elway play week in and week out; I was not old enough to assess the 70s great as I watched them play and wasn't born when the pre-70s greats were great.

Don't take this wrong. I'm not sure how old you are, but I doubt that you are old enough to have been able to objectively assess Elway at the end of his career and probably not even born when he made is rookie debut. You can compare Elway & Tebow's stat lines and achievements, but you can't compare them as players. I must honestly admit that I can't really make those comparisons either because I've not had the opportunity to watch Tebow play a full game. Just about all I know of Tebow is his highlights; just about all you know about Elway is his. Those who watched both, and are willing to give Tebow a chance before running him out of town, are the ones that I look to for making comparisons.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 02:48 AM
I can make comparisons of Elway's stats and achievements to those of Unitas, Tittle and any of the other pre-80s greats, but I could never compare them as players. Although I did see Elway play week in and week out; I was not old enough to assess the 70s great as I watched them play and wasn't born when the pre-70s greats were great.

Don't take this wrong. I'm not sure how old you are, but I doubt that you are old enough to have been able to objectively assess Elway at the end of his career and probably not even born when he made is rookie debut. You can compare Elway & Tebow's stat lines and achievements, but you can't compare them as players. I must honestly admit that I can't really make those comparisons either because I've not had the opportunity to watch Tebow play a full game. Just about all I know of Tebow is his highlights; just about all you know about Elway is his. Those who watched both, and are willing to give Tebow a chance before running him out of town, are the ones that I look to for making comparisons.

I was 7 when Elway made his debut and 22 when he won his first SB. I know Elway very well. I remember him refusing to go to the Colts and threatened to sit out a year. (Thought that was a dick move even at 7) I remember the hype and the 3 years it took him to shape into a star and even begin to live up to the hype. I didnt become a fan of his until late in his career when I felt he was the best QB (not named Marino) not win a title. I rooted for him during both superbowls and was happy he got to end his career the right way.

I know his clutch ability to comeback and win games not only with his rocket arm but his intangibles and legs.

Hes a Legend in Denver for bringing championships to a passionate sports town with very little to celebrate. So he is a demigod in Denver and worshiped and protected and threads like this are made with 95487 high fives. To even compare him with anyone is blasphemy.

And so THIS is why I find it funny that Tebow fans are mocked for their fan hood and called stalkers and nutthuggers when they are doing the same thing to the inth degree.

If John legacy is truly untouchable (and it is) then why cant we compare progress without getting reamed?

This lil thread to put the "Tebowites" in their place is offensive and silly, everyone who high fived it should be ashamed IMO.

especially when no one is even bashing Elway! I recognize no superior fan hood here with any authority to tell me what to and what not to do. I respect Elway because of his body of work and hall of fame career. Not because you "true" bronco fans are wagging your finger at me... grow up.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 03:01 AM
Although I will say Bucking Gators posts are annoying :lol:

CrazyHorse
10-26-2011, 03:10 AM
To be fair, John Elway never won a Heisman or 2 NCAA National Championships. I'm just sayin'...:noidea:

sneakers
10-26-2011, 03:50 AM
To be fair, John Elway never won a Heisman or 2 NCAA National Championships. I'm just sayin'...:noidea:

He did finish 2nd in the Heisman once just like Tebow.

sneakers
10-26-2011, 03:53 AM
Mobility

Do you remember Elway in the 80s????

I think this is the right video, but I am at work and all vids are blocked.
NfRsU7MxM-U

Lancane
10-26-2011, 03:56 AM

95% of Heisman winning quarterbacks fail at the pro level...just in case people didn't know! ;)

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 06:52 AM
I was 7 when Elway made his debut and 22 when he won his first SB. I know Elway very well. I remember him refusing to go to the Colts and threatened to sit out a year. (Thought that was a dick move even at 7) I remember the hype and the 3 years it took him to shape into a star and even begin to live up to the hype. I didnt become a fan of his until late in his career when I felt he was the best QB (not named Marino) not win a title. I rooted for him during both superbowls and was happy he got to end his career the right way.

I know his clutch ability to comeback and win games not only with his rocket arm but his intangibles and legs.

Hes a Legend in Denver for bringing championships to a passionate sports town with very little to celebrate. So he is a demigod in Denver and worshiped and protected and threads like this are made with 95487 high fives. To even compare him with anyone is blasphemy.

And so THIS is why I find it funny that Tebow fans are mocked for their fan hood and called stalkers and nutthuggers when they are doing the same thing to the inth degree.

If John legacy is truly untouchable (and it is) then why cant we compare progress without getting reamed?

This lil thread to put the "Tebowites" in their place is offensive and silly, everyone who high fived it should be ashamed IMO.

especially when no one is even bashing Elway! I recognize no superior fan hood here with any authority to tell me what to and what not to do. I respect Elway because of his body of work and hall of fame career. Not because you "true" bronco fans are wagging your finger at me... grow up.

I created this thread, and I welcome you to read most posts here at BF. I didn't single you out at all but as a Mod of this site trust me when I say there have been many attacks against Elway, and then the Tebow fan reports the responce and expects the mod team to do something about it.
You are entitled to your fandom and I never suggested that you are not, what I said and it was not condecending or even suggested, it was straight in your face was. If you want to have your opinions respected, and you want to be accepted at a BRONCOS site, then stop trying to make your points about Tebow by trying to deminish our hero's legacy.
If you have a question about my motive ask, I am more than willing to stand behind what I wrote, but the Bronco fans here, have no reason to feel "ashamed" for being tired of the Tebos fans coming in and trying to over run a community.

Juriga72
10-26-2011, 07:22 AM
I wish that this thread had been here two years ago when all the #8 fanbois were talking about how "Even Elway NEVER threw for this many yards in a season" crap.

IF...and a HUGE IF... Tebow wins more games for us.. I will continue to cheer for him. I don't care he throws for 11 yards in the first three quarters...as long as he doesn't fall into a fetal position when the game is winnable

JaxBroncoGirl
10-26-2011, 08:14 AM
I actually find it amusing, entertaining and insulting to which person is the "Best, Honest and Greatest Bronco Fan or when did you actually become a Bronco Fan, what number jersey do you own.

If this isn't total Bullshit then slap me in the ass and call me Sally.

TXBRONC
10-26-2011, 08:23 AM

I guess you don't remember just a week a two ago that you called Elway douche.

TXBRONC
10-26-2011, 08:29 AM
Lets run down the list shall we... John Elway vs Tim Tebow

Accuracy
Elway by a mile

Arm Strength
Elway by 10 miles

Mobility

Pocket Awareness
Elway by a mile

Clutch
Only player I've seen compare to Elway was Montana. Elway by some but Tebow is still very young and appears to be really clutch also.

It's not exactly a fair comparison because if you watched Elway's first 4 games as a pro he makes Tebow look like a Hall of Famer, but there is no denying that even then Elway could throw a football like very few before or since, if ever.

Where do you get the idea that Tebow has more mobility? That's not accurate. Speed and escapability wise they are similar. The difference is Tebow will tuck much sooner than Elway did even early in his career.

TXBRONC
10-26-2011, 08:30 AM
I actually find it amusing, entertaining and insulting to which person is the "Best, Honest and Greatest Bronco Fan or when did you actually become a Bronco Fan, what number jersey do you own.

If this isn't total Bullshit then slap me in the ass and call me Sally.

Ok Sally. :naughty:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 09:59 AM
MHC can correct me if I am wrong, but IMO, he started this thread because of all of the negative, TOTALLY WRONG comments in regards to #7 - i.e. - he is jealous of TT, he wants TT to fail because he does not want TT to break his records - on and on and on.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 10:39 AM
MHC can correct me if I am wrong, but IMO, he started this thread because of all of the negative, TOTALLY WRONG comments in regards to #7 - i.e. - he is jealous of TT, he wants TT to fail because he does not want TT to break his records - on and on and on.

Yes it was never about bring Tebow or his fans down, it was trying to explain their feels are the same ones we have for Elway. But by trying to celebrate their fandom by bringing down Elway wont help their cause with Bronco fans.
Bullgator was right when he said their following of TT is similar to ours of Elway, but by insulting Elway or trying to deminishing his career by TT fans has created an environment where that point is quickly lost.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 10:50 AM
Yes it was never about bring Tebow or his fans down, it was trying to explain their feels are the same ones we have for Elway. But by trying to celebrate their fandom by bringing down Elway wont help their cause with Bronco fans.
Bullgator was right when he said their following of TT is similar to ours of Elway, but by insulting Elway or trying to deminishing his career by TT fans has created an environment where that point is quickly lost.

They should have great memories and strong feelings for what TT did in college. But I totally agree with you - that should NOT translate to bringing those feelings here, and TOTALLY degrading #7.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 10:56 AM
It would have been like Derrick Rose fans coming in a insulting Michael Jordan during Rose's rookie season.
Rose won an MVP in Chicago and they still wouldn't insult Jordan

Northman
10-26-2011, 11:01 AM

Yea, it really had nothing to do about anything except showing respect to one of the greatest Broncos to ever play the game.

For all the Tebow fans who think Tim gets picked on too much it really isnt kosher to then turn it around and try and tear down a Bronco legend in order to put Tebow in a better light.

Elway has done nothing but been completely honest both pro and con when it comes to Tim Tebow even going out of his way to help the kid.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 11:11 AM
I guess you don't remember just a week a two ago that you called Elway douche.

I NEVER called Elway a douch you better apologize for that outright lie.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 11:16 AM
It would have been like Derrick Rose fans coming in a insulting Michael Jordan during Rose's rookie season.
Rose won an MVP in Chicago and they still wouldn't insult Jordan

Jagsbch.... and buckin gator SOMEWHAT with his overbearing stats... THATS IT!

I have never seen anyone else dis Elway... PROVE IT! link it!

TXBRONC
10-26-2011, 11:18 AM
I NEVER called Elway a douch you better apologize for that outright lie.

No I wont because you did.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 11:19 AM

Like I said thats ONE GUY who does that! we all know who that is and he does it to make you all do shit like this... he has you guys wrapped around his evil finger and you guys just play along!

no one other than him posts those conspiracies... its like jailing an entire race for the sins on ONE GUY

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 11:21 AM
No I wont because you did.

Link it dude!

You say I called ELWAY a douch. Im saying you are a bold faced liar.

claymore
10-26-2011, 11:25 AM
Link it dude!

You say I called ELWAY a douch. Im saying you are a bold faced liar.

You can get away with alot of things. DONT call Elway a doosh.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-26-2011, 11:29 AM
Although I would never compare Elway vs Tebow because that is like comparing a sixth grader to a college graduate.

Really who cares, this is an open forum for All Fans to communicate What They Feel. Jersey numbers and who is the hardest, longest, best Bronco Fan is absolutely preschool in nature, I'm waiting for the teacher to clean out the playground to punish the "Bully" and make them stand in a corner for the rest of the day....

Tebow brought good, bad and indifferent spotlight on the Broncos, it is what it is.

claymore
10-26-2011, 11:30 AM
Although I would never compare Elway vs Tebow because that is like comparing a sixth grader to a college graduate.

Really who cares, this is an open forum for All Fans to communicate What They Feel. Jersey numbers and who is the hardest, longest, best Bronco Fan is absolutely preschool in nature, I'm waiting for the teacher to clean out the playground to punish the "Bully" and make them stand in a corner for the rest of the day....

Tebow brought good, bad and indifferent spotlight on the Broncos, it is what it is.

I am the hardest longest Bronco fan.

DenBronx
10-26-2011, 11:33 AM
Lets see...

Elway is our Michael Jordan and Tebow is a wanna be.

Until he actually does it that is exactlly what he is at the NFL level.

If you guys want to mock one of our greats then be prepared to get flammed on a daily basis by many Broncos fans.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM
You can get away with alot of things. DONT call Elway a doosh.

Yea I expect you to stir the pot. You all know I never disrespected Elway.

claymore
10-26-2011, 11:34 AM
Yeah, we got some real flamers around here. Omo is a great example.

TXBRONC
10-26-2011, 11:35 AM

Clay you're dreaming again.

claymore
Elway is a faggot.

Crossing the line Bro. Crossing the line.

JaxBroncoGirl

Oh my, I could have written that differently but I will keep it. You are too quick for me....:lol:

Just slap me in the ass and call me Sally.....

DenBronx
10-26-2011, 11:40 AM
Yea I expect you to stir the pot. You all know I never disrespected Elway.

I have seen it on these exact boards by Tebow/Gator fans. Maybe it wasnt you exactlly but I think the thread was open to the whole forums and not just you.

But, I think alot of pre Broncos Tebow fans think alot of us Broncos fans dont support TT and that's just not true.

Why would we want him to fail? We don't but most people on here are very honest and knowledgeable when it comes to football in general. Right now Tebow has alot of work to do at the NFL level. It's great that he is so athletic but he is not winning from the pocket yet. If he starts to be a more complete QB that will shut up 99% of the media and I think TT can and will do that.

But right now, he is no John Elway.

claymore
10-26-2011, 11:42 AM
Oh my, I could have written that differently but I will keep it. You are too quick for me....:lol:

Just slap me in the ass and call me Sally.....

Do you got a Tijuana flats up there?

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 11:46 AM
I have been a Bronco Fans since before TT was born. I grew up in Elway Era and looked up to him. Elway was the reason my dad became a Bronco Fan and raised me as a Bronco Fan.

Comparing the two is completely stupid.
For 1...Elway HOF QB, Tebow 2nd fricking season QB which little work.
2.they played in different eras of the NFL, Elway was when QBs use to be groomed and when it was not a strictly passing league (yes I know Elway started as a rookie, but he was pretty bad 1st 2 years) and TT is in the be great now and make a difference out of the gates and pass for 250+ yrds per game era.
3.Every fan who has been around compares any new QB we ever get to Elway which is unfair to that new QB. Elway to date is the greatest Bronco we have ever had and everyone wants the next QB to play as well as him or better. No QB has been given a long stint in Denver since Elway. That might be because Shanahan was spoiled with Elway and always wanted to find a new one, who knows.
4. What does it matter if we have new fans because of TT? Does it really matter? Older Broncos hold Elway on a pedestal and say we want our QB to be like this. They come in excited about TT and say he can be great. Older broncos compare Elway to him and rebuttal against Elway with TT stats compared to Elway rookie season.

I do think it is crap people saying that Elway hates TT or wants him to fail or elway wants to sabotage him to get Luck. I also think it is crap to throw TT into the fire just because he is not Elway out of the gates and he is not picture perfect QB. He needs to be given some time to see what he is capable of being a QB which if you get down to it would take 1-2 seasons of starting to be fair comparison but nobody wants to wait that long anymore, they dont even want to see progression they just see Luck/Barley/Jones and a deep QB class and already are turned off to TT.

I miss the days when we were all about the team and were behind them no matter what. When we were about the 52 guys on the roster and cheered for WINS and belittle a QB for getting it done ugly. So many people stated that it is all about WINS in the end and Orton just could not get them. I see people trashing TT because he may have had a bad game or just sucks but got it done when he had too.

DenBronx
10-26-2011, 11:53 AM
It is what it is.....TT has only had 4 starts. Most young QBs look shaky their first year or two.

John is doing everything he can to give TT an opportunity to be a FCQB here in Denver. It his job to build the best team and so far he's done incredible with no experience. If Elway is a consultant for the Broncos then I would think HE was the one putting the buzz in Foxs ear to get TT in the game. Now I know its fully up to the coach but I think Elways does influence Fox to make those types of decisions. Elways not just going to come out and say I benched Orton for TT, no that's the HCs job. But you can clearly see he is working hard with him and trying to give him a chance.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 12:01 PM
It is what it is.....TT has only had 4 starts. Most young QBs look shaky their first year or two.

John is doing everything he can to give TT an opportunity to be a FCQB here in Denver. It his job to build the best team and so far he's done incredible with no experience. If Elway is a consultant for the Broncos then I would think HE was the one putting the buzz in Foxs ear to get TT in the game. Now I know its fully up to the coach but I think Elways does influence Fox to make those types of decisions. Elways not just going to come out and say I benched Orton for TT, no that's the HCs job. But you can clearly see he is working hard with him and trying to give him a chance.

I dont not think it was the FANS that made Fox put in TT but influence by Elway possible because 1-4 record means changes need to be made. And a smart FO (yes Elway is smart) you realize you need to focus on the future since season is out the window. You start your rookies more, you get rid of the Vets who are going to be FA and who are not going to be returning and you figure out how different rookies play in different positions and you move people around to get the best fit (Quinton Carter starting, Llyod trade and Tebow starting). These are signs of looking to the future. To me Fox is playing the young players and moving them around to get best production to see where team is at. By end of season I will not be surprised to see Moore/Carter/Irving/Miller all starting.

pnbronco
10-26-2011, 12:16 PM
I miss just being able to be a Bronco fan too and just being able to support my guys with out having to justify why.

I heard a story while I was in NE that made me just shake my head.

When Elway was playing in KC his parents were having breakfast in the team hotel with him. Some person walked by and made a really nasty comment. His mother was trying to keep her feelings in check but it was obvious that she was upset. The lady that told me this story leaned over and apologized for the rude comment. Mrs. Elway said "it's OK" and the lady said "no it's not, that is your son". Then Mrs. Elway teared up and said "yes he is, but it hurts so much more when I hear this things in Denver".

I have talked to many people over the years that have worked with Elway and they all say the same thing. He is such a hard worker and will do his best to understand the in's and out's of whatever business he is involved in. He just didn't put his name on the Car Dealerships or the Restaurants. So I trust that he will do his best to be fair to see if Tebow can be the Broncos starting QB. All we ask as Bronco fans is to not cut down the man that endured so much for out team and brought us from being that laughing stock of the NFL to 2 World Championships.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 12:26 PM
Like I said thats ONE GUY who does that! we all know who that is and he does it to make you all do shit like this... he has you guys wrapped around his evil finger and you guys just play along!

no one other than him posts those conspiracies... its like jailing an entire race for the sins on ONE GUY

I agree that ONE poster totally goes overboard; however, there have been comments by others who have joined since TT was drafted, and comments since TT is the starter, which have been negative in regards to #7.

slim
10-26-2011, 12:31 PM
I think it is okay to speak poorly about #7, but only if you put together a sound statistical analysis to back it up.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I agree that ONE poster totally goes overboard; however, there have been comments by others who have joined since TT was drafted, and comments since TT is the starter, which have been negative in regards to #7.

It goes both ways....TT fans and older fans. Older fans wont give TT chance and TT fans throw out the stats and compare and say he will be good. There is a handful in the middle that just want it to play out and see how TT does. But some are so hung up on mechanics that results mean nothing to them.

Older fans disrespecting TT is like new fans disrespecting Elway. Which is sad because both are Broncos. Elway has huge following in Denver like TT has nationwide. IMO it is sad how far Bronco fans have fallen to where they dislike/wont give a chance to a person wearing blue/orange on the field.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 12:32 PM
I think it is okay to speak poorly about #7, but only if you put together a sound statistical analysis to back it up.

Elway......only QB to try to take a snap from his guard.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 12:33 PM
This thread was not directed at any one person and therefore shouldn't be insulting to anyone. It is simply fact and information. If you don't need the information or if it isn't new to you, that doesn't make it insulting and irrevelant.
Just as this thread wasn't directed at one person this board and all our posts are not directed at any one person either, to get defensive and counter attack not only make you look a fool but it could suggest your ego is out of wack, and that is directed at you!

BroncoJoe
10-26-2011, 12:34 PM
I don't own a single jersey but if I were to buy one it would be Elway, Davis or Atwater. I have hats shirts and other stuff though.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

claymore

Thanks Slim. If only Omo respected actual events.

Northman

Unfortuantely, this is why Bullgator is full of crap. And people wonder why i dont take him seriously. Look at this post by Cardoso in this very thread, and wait for it......look who HIGH FIVED the post.

As i said, tearing down a Bronco great is not going to win Tebow any more support here.

Yea I said it!!

John I love ya, but stick to running the business side of the organization since that's your main role and let the coaches and GM's do the player evaluating.

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=302147&page=4

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 12:37 PM
It goes both ways....TT fans and older fans. Older fans wont give TT chance and TT fans throw out the stats and compare and say he will be good. There is a handful in the middle that just want it to play out and see how TT does. But some are so hung up on mechanics that results mean nothing to them.

Older fans disrespecting TT is like new fans disrespecting Elway. Which is sad because both are Broncos. Elway has huge following in Denver like TT has nationwide. IMO it is sad how far Bronco fans have fallen to where they dislike/wont give a chance to a person wearing blue/orange on the field.

The problem as I see it isn't with Tebow at all. Most everyone I have read on this board all say the same thing, they want him to succeed. However, the majority is tired of getting it slammed down their throat and the twisting and any fact to back some "facts"
I never once read anyone that was upset about the win Sunday, what I did read was some honest concerns about a horrible performance for 55 minutes.
It is a simple case of some fans screaming GO BRONCOS and other screaming Go Tebow.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 12:41 PM
The problem as I see it isn't with Tebow at all. Most everyone I have read on this board all say the same thing, they want him to succeed. However, the majority is tired of getting it slammed down their throat and the twisting and any fact to back some "facts"
I never once read anyone that was upset about the win Sunday, what I did read was some honest concerns about a horrible performance for 55 minutes.
It is a simple case of some fans screaming GO BRONCOS and other screaming Go Tebow.

I have read plenty about how crappy TT played and about how off he was and all that. How boring and crappy the game was.

Northman
10-26-2011, 12:44 PM
It goes both ways....TT fans and older fans. Older fans wont give TT chance

This is incorrect. Im an older fan and im all for giving Tebow a chance. Whether or not he takes advantage of it is a different thing entirely.

and TT fans throw out the stats and compare and say he will be good.

They throw out stats from college, which means very little at the professional level.

There is a handful in the middle that just want it to play out and see how TT does. But some are so hung up on mechanics that results mean nothing to them.

This is also incorrect. I can name on one hand the amount of members on this board who just dont think that Tebow will be a great QB. Everyone else who isnt a Tebow fanatic are in the middle waiting to see what he does. But simply pointing out his flaws with mechanics doesnt mean they are against him. And what results are you speaking of? Tebow has done nothing of significance yet when it comes to his professional career.

Older fans disrespecting TT is like new fans disrespecting Elway.

No its not, one guy has actually done something for the franchise while the other has ye to prove anything. Its not even close.

Which is sad because both are Broncos. Elway has huge following in Denver like TT has nationwide. IMO it is sad how far Bronco fans have fallen to where they dislike/wont give a chance to a person wearing blue/orange on the field.

Are you ******* kidding me?

Tebow has a HUGE amount of support from the Bronco fanbase. Do you see how many jersey's are in the stands? Did you hear the chants when Orton was playing like ass? Where do you come up with this idea that the fanbase is against him? Based off of a handful of guys on this board? Come on man. :lol:

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 12:44 PM
I have read plenty about how crappy TT played and about how off he was and all that. How boring and crappy the game was.

Those were honest concerns about his performance do you not agree. But it wasn't people cheering against the win because they hate Tebow. That was my point. He did play crappy for 55 minutes, It was a boring game for a large part, but in the end BRONCOS WIN!!!:salute:

or for some Tebow wins. :rolleyes:

slim
10-26-2011, 12:45 PM

He played like shit.

What did you expect people to say?

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 12:48 PM
He played like shit.

What did you expect people to say?

That we actually won a game.

Edit: I also look at how he played in 4th and saw that he can do it what it takes to win. If he can play 4 quarters like he played in the 4th I will be happy.

slim
10-26-2011, 12:50 PM

Yeah, we won and he played well at the end.

But what is wrong with discussing the fact that he played poorly most of the game?

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 12:52 PM

Edit: I also look at how he played in 4th and saw that he can do it what it takes to win. If he can play 4 quarters like he played in the 4th I will be happy.

So far I love the comebacks from Tebow but they have all been against prevent defences. I want to see him do something when the d isn't hanging back.

Mike
10-26-2011, 12:53 PM

And your point is? I like Tebow and hope he sticks in Denver, but those first 55 minutes were as bad as any I have seen. Tebow played horrible through that time, to say anything less is sugar coating at its finest.

Like Tebow. Great attitude, work ethic, positive role model, leader/motivator. Hope the fundamentals start coming a little more natural to him and the coaches can help him, both in teaching him fundamentals and in creating a game plan that enhances his skill set.

Love Elway. Nothing more needs to be said. I do think that Bronco fans need to be able to separate Elway's player status from his GM status though. Just because he is my favortie player doesn't absolve him from criticism as a GM (if called for).

I get where Tebow fans want to use Elway's early stats to show that even the best of all time had a rough start and if not given time to learn and grow... But shortchanging and trying to tear down Denver's main man is not a way to endear yourself to the Denver faithful.

I get it, Tebow has a huge following. I also think that the rabid base of that following make it harder on him and the criticism even worse. Time will prove who is right and who is wrong. If Tebow is all that his fanbase says, then the rest of Bronco Nation will be happy with him and will support him. But until then, he is a green kid who has a lot to learn and should never be compared to arguably one of the greatest of all times.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 12:54 PM

But what is wrong with discussing the fact that he played poorly most of the game?

Exactly, when Elway or Davis had an off game we talked about it, we were critical and we still loved them. You can look at the entire game for what is honestly was and still have fandom.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 12:57 PM

Because most overlook that fact he threw 5 times in first half and 3 times in the 3rd. How does any QB stay warm that way or get into a groove. I know several passing plays he ran for his life. He threw 19 times in 4th quarter and made 10 passes. Of the 8 passes he was way off on 2-3 of them (or something like that).

My problem was less TT and more play calling being so conservative and not letting him get into any sort of groove or anything. OL also gave up 7 sacks. It was more then just TT playing bad.

That was why I asked if you can tell me he was not just having a bad game. I did agree with you that if he does this again, then there will be concerns from me and probably many more people.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 01:05 PM
So far I love the comebacks from Tebow but they have all been against prevent defences. I want to see him do something when the d isn't hanging back.

No actually they have not been against prevent. I posted evidence to this fact and videos from mangini breaking down film on the D... I thought you rad all the posts around here?

4 down linemen, 1 spy LB on Tebow, tight man to man coverage with 2 safties to help.

Northman
10-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Because most overlook that fact he threw 5 times in first half and 3 times in the 3rd. How does any QB stay warm that way or get into a groove.

At one point Aaron Rodgers was 21/24 in the game vs Minny. Also, before the game QB's generally warm up by throwing the ball around. I would expect Tebow to have done the same. Do i expect him to make every pass? No. But i do expect him to at least be within the same area code.

If anything, my guess is that Tebow doesnt know the playbook very well yet. And there is the chemistry thing with the receivers as well. This is why i think after about 3-4 more games we will see whether he can improve in that area or not.

My problem was less TT and more play calling being so conservative and not letting him get into any sort of groove or anything. OL also gave up 7 sacks. It was more then just TT playing bad.

Part of the sack problem was Tebow not getting rid of the ball quick enough. This is part of a QB's responsibility of knowing the playbook and knowing the plays. Every pass play will have a "hot route" and for a QB facing pressure that is his best friend.

That was why I asked if you can tell me he was not just having a bad game.

Probably was a bad game, doesnt mean you/us as a fanbase cant critique his performance. Getting the win was nice and it showed a lot of what people like about Tebow. But his pass accuracy (which has been an issue so far in his short career) is alarming and a cause for concern. Will he get better? I hope so.

Dreadnought
10-26-2011, 01:06 PM
Because most overlook that fact he threw 5 times in first half and 3 times in the 3rd. How does any QB stay warm that way or get into a groove. I know several passing plays he ran for his life. He threw 19 times in 4th quarter and made 10 passes. Of the 8 passes he was way off on 2-3 of them (or something like that).

That was why I asked if you can tell me he was not just having a bad game. I did agree with you that if he does this again, then there will be concerns from me and probably many more people.

A lot more than just those 8 pass playes were called, though. Some more were sacks, some scrambles. Some of that was bad pass blocking, but some was indecision and poor awareness from a raw young QB. I want to see TT able to exploit opportunities like those and thrive in chaos. I think its his strong suit. He just has to do it now and I'll be more than happy.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:08 PM

Were they in prevent for the 2nd TD?

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:11 PM
A lot more than just those 8 pass playes were called, though. Some more were sacks, some scrambles. Some of that was bad pass blocking, but some was indecision and poor awareness from a raw young QB. I want to see TT able to exploit opportunities like those and thrive in chaos. I think its his strong suit. He just has to do it now and I'll be more than happy.

Do you remember 4th quarter against SD, the Moreno run. I only saw 1 or 2 of those plays called. Tebow over threw 1 of them way over Moreno's head. But with all the pressure and no outs or anything. Everyone knew they were going to stack box and blitz a lot.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 01:14 PM

they werent in the prevent for ANY of the scores... the SPREAD makes it look like they backed off because they had to cover everyone... 4 receivers and a tight end.

Northman
10-26-2011, 01:15 PM

According to this article it was sort of yes and no. It seems that in the later stages of the game vs SD and late in the game for Miami they did change their defensive scheme. It wasnt totally in prevent but they also let off the gas from what they were doing in the first 3 quarters.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19191851?source=bb

The Dolphins were aggressive in their approach in those three quarters, showing the flexibility and surprise factor that a 3-4 defense allows in the pass rush. They varied their approach in terms of adding a fourth rusher from all over the formation in the four-man push, but also showed some five-man rushes as well as six or more players.

The Dolphins then decided to play the percentages. And at that point, the decision to play with conventional wisdom against an unconventional player is what cost them the game.

The NFL "book" says protect the lead, which at the time was 15-0 for the Dolphins. And to protect the lead, teams often drop players into coverage, pulling them away from the line of scrimmage. The idea is for the defense to keep everything in front of it, prevent long, quick scoring plays.

But it is a mistake, at least at this point in Tebow's career, to give him a chance to work in open space. Because he will keep moving by leaving the pocket and trying to extend plays. And given the rules of engagement in the secondary these days leaning so far toward the offense, the longer a play goes, the smaller the chance of a secondary being able to prevent a completion no matter how many players are in coverage.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:16 PM

from the 5 yard line and a screen pass.... I doubt it.

You can drop back as a defence and not have both your safeties 20 years off the ball. Is it a classic prevent NO, is Tebow a classic QB NO. Were they the same aggressive Defence in the last 5 minutes NO. Could that be called a prevent defence YES

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 01:17 PM
According to this article it was sort of yes and no. It seems that in the later stages of the game vs SD and late in the game for Miami they did change their defensive scheme. It wasnt totally in prevent but they also let off the gas from what they were doing in the first 3 quarters.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19191851?source=bb

They cant rush 7 when when you are 4/5 wide! It wasnt them taking the foot off the gas it was US CHANGING OUR O! Thats what the spread does!

jeez its like you guys have me on ignore or something :D

vandammage13
10-26-2011, 01:18 PM
No actually they have not been against prevent. I posted evidence to this fact and videos from mangini breaking down film on the D... I thought you rad all the posts around here?

4 down linemen, 1 spy LB on Tebow, tight man to man coverage with 2 safties to help.

The only difference was that the fins weren't blitzing as much....

Maybe it can be argued that it was a more conservative defense, but in no way, shape, or form were they running the prevent.

Dreadnought
10-26-2011, 01:20 PM
from the 5 yard line and a screen pass.... I doubt it.

You can drop back as a defence and not have both your safeties 20 years off the ball. Is it a classic prevent NO, is Tebow a classic QB NO. Were they the same aggressive Defence in the last 5 minutes NO. Could that be called a prevent defence YES

I like how you Canadian dudes spell "Defense" as "Defence." It just looks cool.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

MileHighCrew
They cant rush 7 when when you are 4/5 wide! It wasnt them taking the foot off the gas it was US CHANGING OUR O! Thats what the spread does!

jeez its like you guys have me on ignore or something :D

They could play man and rush 7 with 4 wide but they chose to drop back. That isn't just the spread that is a defence dropping back.

I don't have anyone on iggy

Shazam!
All current Broncos fans will never see another Denver QB like John Elway in their lifetimes.

I know I'll never see one like him in a Broncos uniform ever again.

What I DO hope for is a competent QB who can be a star in Denver.

Is that TT? I don't know yet.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 01:21 PM

Obviously I do not read every post on here, but for the many that I do, there are not very many on here who will not give TT a chance, etc. And, unless I have missed it, they do not post totally WRONG, UNTRUE things in regards to TT, the way some have posted in regards to Elway.

Bullgator
The only difference was that the fins weren't blitzing as much....

Maybe it can be argued that it was a more conservative defense, but in no way, shape, or form were they running the prevent.

they COULDNT! lol you cant blitz 7 with guys and put 8 in/9 in the box agianst THE SPREAD! thats why they couldnt blitz.

the best they could do is put a spy on TT and hope he couldnt beat you with his arm, which we all saw he did... IN THE SPREAD... they have to put a man on all the receivers. and so there is none left to overload the box and harass TT

MileHighCrew
I like how you Canadian dudes spell "Defense" as "Defence." It just looks cool.

Now back to your regularly scheduled programming

I try to catch myself but I worked for newspapers in Canada, it is in solid. I normally catch colour though

pnbronco
10-26-2011, 01:22 PM
At one point Aaron Rodgers was 21/24 in the game vs Minny. Also, before the game QB's generally warm up by throwing the ball around. I would expect Tebow to have done the same. Do i expect him to make every pass? No. But i do expect him to at least be within the same area code.

If anything, my guess is that Tebow doesnt know the playbook very well yet. And there is the chemistry thing with the receivers as well. This is why i think after about 3-4 more games we will see whether he can improve in that area or not.

Part of the sack problem was Tebow not getting rid of the ball quick enough. This is part of a QB's responsibility of knowing the playbook and knowing the plays. Every pass play will have a "hot route" and for a QB facing pressure that is his best friend.

Probably was a bad game, doesnt mean you/us as a fanbase cant critique his performance. Getting the win was nice and it showed a lot of what people like about Tebow. But his pass accuracy (which has been an issue so far in his short career) is alarming and a cause for concern. Will he get better? I hope so.

Exactly North. We are really happy for the win, but Tim played horrible those first 55 minutes. What I heard over most of the radio stations is that the play book did not open up so much as Tim stopped thinking so much and hanging on to the ball so long. They said all the sacks came from being in the spread and that's about timing not the O line.

I want him to success because I want us to use our future draft picks for other areas that really need to be addressed. However just be honest that he has a lot to learn and MAY never learn how to compete in the Pro's. I hope he does, he is a great kid and would be really nice to have someone that nice be the face of our team.

The thing that has driven me the most crazy on all this is that special teams really stepped it up on Sunday. Getting the on side kick and then Prater kicking the 52 yd for the win, (I know he missed the other 2 but that was really a fluke on his part). Also the D had good day and DJ stepped it up big time with the strip and recovery when it counted the most. So it was a team win and I'm tired of hearing how Tim won the game.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
they COULDNT! lol you cant blitz 7 with guys and put 8 in/9 in the box agianst THE SPREAD! thats why they couldnt blitz.

the best they could do is put a spy on TT and hope he couldnt beat you with his arm, which we all saw he did... IN THE SPREAD... they have to put a man on all the receivers. and so there is none left to overload the box and harass TT

It wouldn't be the first time someone was blitzed with 4 wide.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:23 PM
Obviously I do not read every post on here, but for the many that I do, there are not very many on here who will not give TT a chance, etc. And, unless I have missed it, they do not post totally WRONG, UNTRUE things in regards to TT, the way some have posted in regards to Elway.

Carol take off the blue/orange sun glasses. RCS, SoCal and several others plain wont give him a chance. Did you even read that religion topic few months back. Or how about all the posts before TT was even started. Some just did not want him to play and stated he would never win a game blah blah.

vandammage13
10-26-2011, 01:24 PM
All current Broncos fans will never see another Denver QB like John Elway in their lifetimes.

I know I'll never see one like him in a Broncos uniform ever again.

What I DO hope for is a competent QB who can be a star in Denver.

Is that TT? I don't know yet.

We will never see another John Elway, I agree...

Tebow can blaze his own trail and make a name for himself as a Bronco, and if he does, it won't look anything like Elway except for the winning part.

There is room for more on our Mt. Rushmore of Broncos.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 01:25 PM
They could play man and rush 7 with 4 wide but they chose to drop back. That isn't just the spread that is a defence dropping back.

I don't have anyone on iggy

dropping 2 safties does not constitute a prevent.. that is just smart saftey net when you know they have to throw. THATS HELP for the man coverage.

You cant go man to man WITH NO SAFTY HELP thats retarded.

they could in NO WAY rush 7 with man to man. ESPECIALLY when the QB is already in the gun.

Northman
10-26-2011, 01:29 PM
Carol take off the blue/orange sun glasses. RCS, SoCal and several others plain wont give him a chance. Did you even read that religion topic few months back. Or how about all the posts before TT was even started. Some just did not want him to play and stated he would never win a game blah blah.

Unfortuantely, RCS and SoCal are not the majority of this board. You cant assume that those dolts speak for the entire fanbase. Just like we cant expect Jags and Bullgator to speak for the more normal Tebow fanbase.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 01:30 PM
It wouldn't be the first time someone was blitzed with 4 wide.

its a HUGE risk and wold be done 1 out of 20 plays. you cant run a defense like that. the 4 wide was created to defeat blitzes.. the idea being that tehy cant crowd the line if you.. whats the word im looking for... SPREAD.. them out and make them cover the whole field.

can you change it up and blitz them with 1 LB once in a while? Sure but you have to keep that guy as a spy in case Tebow takes off.

but can you rush 7 and keep the heat on? hell no thats just football 101

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:33 PM
its a HUGE risk and wold be done 1 out of 20 plays. you cant run a defense like that. the 4 wide was created to defeat blitzes.. the idea being that tehy cant crowd the line if you.. whats the word im looking for... SPREAD.. them out and make them cover the whole field.

can you change it up and blitz them with 1 LB once in a while? Sure but you have to keep that guy as a spy in case Tebow takes off.

but can you rush 7 and keep the heat on? hell no thats just football 101

When a QB is running first and has missed mutipule targets that were wide open that is a smart risk. Sorry you are not the only one that has opened a playbook

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 01:36 PM

I posted NOT VERY MANY on here will not give TT a chance - I did NOT post that there is NO ONE on here that will not give TT a chance - MAJOR DIFFERENCE.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I posted NOT VERY MANY on here will not give TT a chance - I did NOT post that there is NO ONE on here that will not give TT a chance - MAJOR DIFFERENCE.

That is not counting the ones that hdont think he will succeed and cheer for him ecause he is a bronco but still think he will fail. More of those.

chazoe60
10-26-2011, 01:37 PM
I think Elway is a selfish jerk.

If he would have been thinkig about someone other than himself he would not have retired. We would have three-peated and he would not have thrown the interception that led to Lepsis falling on TD's knee and effectively ending Terrell's career.

"I'm retiring because my body hurts from 16 years of NFL games and being the most dacked QB in history. Whaa-whaa". Big baby.

Bullgator
10-26-2011, 01:39 PM
When a QB is running first and has missed mutipule targets that were wide open that is a smart risk. Sorry you are not the only one that has opened a playbook

so what you are saying is Because Tebow sucks so bad its better to LEAVE UNCOVERED RECEIVERS IN EMPTY SPACE BY THEMSELVES to blitz 7 at the line? what about the TE or the fifth receiver?

Its just not possible man. go back and rethink what you just said.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:40 PM
so what you are saying is Because Tebow sucks so bad its better to LEAVE UNCOVERED RECEIVERS IN EMPTY SPACE BY THEMSELVES to blitz 7 at the line? what about the TE or the fifth receiver?

It happens a lot, send everyone at him to hope you get him down before he gets ball out. Overload the line.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 01:42 PM
That is not counting the ones that hdont think he will succeed and cheer for him ecause he is a bronco but still think he will fail. More of those.

MAYBE you have the power to know what EVERYONE who posts on here is thinking - I DON'T have that power

BroncoJoe
10-26-2011, 01:44 PM
Carol, did you recently discover the bold function?

NorCalBronco7
10-26-2011, 01:44 PM
dropping 2 safties does not constitute a prevent.. that is just smart saftey net when you know they have to throw. THATS HELP for the man coverage.

You cant go man to man WITH NO SAFTY HELP thats retarded.

they could in NO WAY rush 7 with man to man. ESPECIALLY when the QB is already in the gun.

Really, because Miami sent 7 against the spread several times in that game. The WRs were one on one, and Tebow either held onto the ball for a sack instead of making a quick throw, or he made an incomplete pass.

NightTerror218
10-26-2011, 01:46 PM
MAYBE you have the power to know what EVERYONE who posts on here is thinking - I DON'T have that power

Nice being a sarcastic, are we a teenager again? I am on here a lot and read a lot of these and some peoples opinions stand out a lot.

MileHighCrew
10-26-2011, 01:46 PM

That is called playing man on the TE which was in the first post. It isn't like the Broncos WR's scare everyone. Man coverage and blitz the rest with a QB spy is an aggressive D in that situation.
In that case the TE normally has to stay in for pass protection and considering Franklin is blindside and a rookie that Cameron Wake was running around lots. How many hits on Tebow in that game what 7 sacks with Cameron Wake having 2/3 of them.

Very possible, I'm good thanks.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 02:10 PM

Heavens no Joe - I have been using it for some time now

TXBRONC
10-26-2011, 09:16 PM

She's really starting to come out of her shell.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2011, 09:25 PM
She's really starting come out of her shell.

:eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue:

TXBRONC
10-26-2011, 09:32 PM
:eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue::eviltongue:

:hug:

Joel
10-27-2011, 01:26 AM
It is still a bad idea! It is two different era's-one of 3 yards and a cloud of dust and today's sling it 75% of the time.

Tebow would have fit well in Elways era. He is more suited, at least right now, for that time period of the NFL.
Actually, I disagree; in the '80s "pocket passer" was almost a redundant phrase, even for guys whose lines gave them horrible protection (e.g. Warren Moon; never understood why Bud Adams drafted a bunch of great run blockers for a team that never ran.) The 1960-1989 was probably the greatest era for the PURE pocket passer; guys who ran like Elway and Young were the exception to the rule then, but both before and after that QBs have generally been required to have mobility as well as pass. Very few teams now will start a pure pocket passer unless he's on the level of Manning or Brady (partly because there are even fewer teams that can give a QB the kind of protection those two get; since 2002 there has only been ONE season where Manning got sacked 20 times (21, three years ago.))

That, and our desperation, is why Tebow gets the starting opportunity so many college running QBs with strong but erratic arms never got in the '80s. Right now he's still a Not Ready for Prime Time Player, and I'm cautiously optimistic that can change, because he seems willing to put in the huge amount of work it will take. But Elway was never in that boat, at least not after HS. It's comparing apples to watermelons.

Really, because Miami sent 7 against the spread several times in that game. The WRs were one on one, and Tebow either held onto the ball for a sack instead of making a quick throw, or he made an incomplete pass.
Naturally; until/unless Tebow makes teams pay for doing that by seeing the blitz and zinging a precise pass to his hot read, or scrambling around then dropping a bomb over the shoulder of a receiver in full stride, that's what everyone will do. Tebows fans think he's ready, but everyone else thinks he's too inaccurate and doesn't know pro defences or the Broncos playbook nearly well enough--and "everyone else" includes all 31 of those pro defences. I would LOVE to see him prove them wrong, not least because it would open things up for running in general, by Tebow or anyone, but I don't expect it before 2012, probably 2013. This isn't the NCAA; we don't declare one Division better than all the others and let them compete to get beaten by that Divisions top team. :tongue:

red98
10-27-2011, 08:24 AM

Miami was not in a prevent defense.

GEM
10-27-2011, 10:32 AM

Whenever I hear that Dave Logan blurb, I get goosebumps!! Reading it just did the same!! :D

GEM
10-27-2011, 10:36 AM
She's really starting to come out of her shell.

I don't care who you are...you don't mess with John while Carol is around. We all see her as this sweet lady...her freaking gloves come off when you speak lowly about John. I, for one, love it. :D Carol is funny when she is feisty!!

slim
10-27-2011, 10:36 AM

I wish people would stop saying they were in prevent.

I realize that it was reported by a few sources that they were, but they clearly were not.

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 11:42 AM
Whenever I hear that Dave Logan blurb, I get goosebumps!! Reading it just did the same!! :D

I think in the next 10 years Elway will not be the "Denver Golden Boy" anymore. With him being out of the game for 20 years he will be known as Denver HOF QB who led to SB wins but with all the new young fans growing up and watching different players he will not be as longed like new players. If Tebow becomes the franchise QB for us for next 10 years they Elway will def be taking a back seat.

Poet
10-27-2011, 11:47 AM
Best thread ever.

claymore
10-27-2011, 11:52 AM
I don't care who you are...you don't mess with John while Carol is around. We all see her as this sweet lady...her freaking gloves come off when you speak lowly about John. I, for one, love it. :D Carol is funny when she is feisty!!

Carol has Johns back from the A-k homeboy. She is straight up gangster about that shit.

claymore
10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
I think in the next 10 years Elway will not be the "Denver Golden Boy" anymore. With him being out of the game for 20 years he will be known as Denver HOF QB who led to SB wins but with all the new young fans growing up and watching different players he will not be as longed like new players. If Tebow becomes the franchise QB for us for next 10 years they Elway will def be taking a back seat.

Tebow would have to take us to 5 SB's win at least 2, become the league MVP, SB MVP etc...

So, im cool with it if it happens.

smageneration
10-27-2011, 11:53 AM
It has never been about Tebow, Orton, Cutler, Plummer,Griese, or Elway. It has always been about the BRONCOS. It is completely ignorant to think that any one player is bigger than the team.

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 12:01 PM
Tebow would have to take us to 5 SB's win at least 2, become the league MVP, SB MVP etc...

So, im cool with it if it happens.

I am just saying that you have to be mid 20s and up to have even watched Elway play. Most fans do not know about players before they become really involved with a team. take me I dont know anything about Floyd Little but I know he was a great RB and a HOFer. Newer fans will be looking at players like Champ who has been with Broncos for a while.

MOtorboat
10-27-2011, 12:03 PM
I am just saying that you have to be mid 20s and up to have even watched Elway play. Most fans do not know about players before they become really involved with a team. take me I dont know anything about Floyd Little but I know he was a great RB and a HOFer. Newer fans will be looking at players like Champ who has been with Broncos for a while.

Youth doesn't excuse idiocy, IMO.

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 12:05 PM
Youth doesn't excuse idiocy, IMO.

Calling me an idiot?

MOtorboat
10-27-2011, 12:08 PM
Calling me an idiot?

Are you saying Tebow is better than Elway?

claymore
10-27-2011, 12:09 PM
Oh my..

MileHighCrew
10-27-2011, 12:09 PM

I addressed this in a previous post. I agree it wasn't "prevent" but it was clearly a less agressive D.
All I was saying is I want to see Tebow have the same success with the D isn't playing not to lose and keep everything in front of them.

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 12:12 PM
I addressed this in a previous post. I agree it wasn't "prevent" but it was clearly a less agressive D.
All I was saying is I want to see Tebow have the same success with the D isn't playing not to lose and keep everything in front of them.

I think it was and it wasnt. Less in box due to more wide outs but also safeties were deeper.

claymore
10-27-2011, 12:12 PM
Denver was in a prevent Offense for the first 55 minutes. I think we can agree on that.

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 12:14 PM
Denver was in a prevent Offense for the first 55 minutes. I think we can agree on that.

Tebow was just building the suspense for the 4th quarter.

slim
10-27-2011, 12:14 PM

They have been running a prevent offense for a few years now.

The good news is, I think they finally have all the kinks worked out.

MileHighCrew
10-27-2011, 12:25 PM
I think it was and it wasnt. Less in box due to more wide outs but also safeties were deeper.

People will always find a way to argue it is their nature.

But there is no way you will convince me the Miami defence was the same in those last 5 min as they were in the 1st quarter. They were keeping the play in front of them and trying not to allow the deep play. That is textbook.
I would just like to see TT have the same success against a normal defence, when they are playing aggressive. Why is that so insulting to people and they think they have to run to his defence?

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 12:34 PM

But there is no way you will convince me the Miami defence was the same in those last 5 min as they were in the 1st quarter. They were keeping the play in front of them and trying not to allow the deep play. That is textbook.
I would just like to see TT have the same success against a normal defence, when they are playing aggressive. Why is that so insulting to people and they think they have to run to his defence?

I just think the change in offense helped it out along with safeties moving back to prevent the long ball. I dont think it is one way or the other.

MileHighCrew
10-27-2011, 12:37 PM
I just think the change in offense helped it out along with safeties moving back to prevent the long ball. I dont think it is one way or the other.

You might be right but I want to see him do it. In the Texans game last year in the Chargers game and this game TT success came when the D seemed to back off. I want to see him do it when they are coming at him. That's it.

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 12:40 PM
You might be right but I want to see him do it. In the Texans game last year in the Chargers game and this game TT success came when the D seemed to back off. I want to see him do it when they are coming at him. That's it.

Well that will be a lesson to all teams. You have to give 100% an entire game cant back off because he has shown he can come back and win. So far being behind by 2 TDs is not a problems for him in the 4th.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-27-2011, 01:22 PM

The Dolphins were aggressive in their approach in those three quarters, showing the flexibility and surprise factor that a 3-4 defense allows in the pass rush. They varied their approach in terms of adding a fourth rusher from all over the formation in the four-man push, but also showed some five-man rushes as well as six or more players.

With Tebow's limited experience — his toughest outing as a starter in 2010 came against a 3-4 defense as well — he was obviously having a difficult time sifting through what the Dolphins were showing him up front and in coverage.

The Dolphins then decided to play the percentages. And at that point, the decision to play with conventional wisdom against an unconventional player is what cost them the game.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19191851

NorCalBronco7
10-27-2011, 01:35 PM

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 02:10 PM

Nice chiming in middle of convo.

Juriga72
10-27-2011, 03:16 PM
So someone Orton jock sniffer PLEASE explain to me this....

"Whats the difference between Kyle's 4th quarters of throwing for 250 yards 3 td's and LOSING, all the while looking inept at his job for the first 3 quarters... and what happened Sunday?"

MOtorboat
10-27-2011, 04:03 PM
So someone Orton jock sniffer PLEASE explain to me this....

"Whats the difference between Kyle's 4th quarters of throwing for 250 yards 3 td's and LOSING, all the while looking inept at his job for the first 3 quarters... and what happened Sunday?"

Orton got benched. Who cares?

vettesplus
10-27-2011, 04:05 PM
back in 1992 i bought a new Toyota 4-runner from John Elway Toyota, long story short i had a real bad deal and when it was all over and done John came down from his office and congratulated me on my new car deal and told the sales guy to take me in the store area and let me pick out any ski jacket i wanted. i still have the jacket today....thanks john!!!!! ..so my moral to this story...don't f....k with john!!!!!

MileHighCrew
10-27-2011, 04:55 PM
back in 1992 i bought a new Toyota 4-runner from John Elway Toyota, long story short i had a real bad deal and when it was all over and done John came down from his office and congratulated me on my new car deal and told the sales guy to take me in the store area and let me pick out any ski jacket i wanted. i still have the jacket today....thanks john!!!!! ..so my moral to this story...don't f....k with john!!!!!

that's awesome. What a great collectors item:salute:

LoyalSoldier
10-27-2011, 05:10 PM
Greise, Plummer, Cutler, Orton, Tebow.

Different QB, same discussion.

hamrob
10-27-2011, 11:29 PM

I grew up with Elway. I lived a block a way from Broncos Camp in Greeley and spent my late summer's watching him in Camp. I think he's the best QB to ever play the game.

Fast forward to the present. You should join me there some day! Tim Tebow is exciting. He sparks this team and our fan base. If you can't understand that. Take a listen to the stands this coming Sunday. Tim Tebow is a player that not unlike Elway, brings excitement to the league.

Elway as a rookie had a 46% completion percentage and lined up under his left guard.

No, Tebow isn't Elway yet....but, he has only started 4 NFL games and many idiots are trying to say that he has zero reason to be in the NFL.

Being excited about the Broncos is a good thing! Tim Tebow is a good thing. LIVE WITH IT!

cardoso
10-28-2011, 01:50 AM
I grew up with Elway. I lived a block a way from Broncos Camp in Greeley and spent my late summer's watching him in Camp. I think he's the best QB to ever play the game.

Fast forward to the present. You should join me there some day! Tim Tebow is exciting. He sparks this team and our fan base. If you can't understand that. Take a listen to the stands this coming Sunday. Tim Tebow is a player that not unlike Elway, brings excitement to the league.

Elway as a rookie had a 46% completion percentage and lined up under his left guard.

No, Tebow isn't Elway yet....but, he has only started 4 NFL games and many idiots are trying to say that he has zero reason to be in the NFL.

Being excited about the Broncos is a good thing! Tim Tebow is a good thing. LIVE WITH IT!

BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!! :beer::salute:

cardoso
10-28-2011, 01:51 AM

You must not have watched any football last year??? Tebow started three games you should watch them.

Midnight Blue
10-28-2011, 05:14 AM

Johnny Unitas hasn't faded into irrelevancy even though Manning is now the Colts' passing leader. Why would you think Elway would be forgotten after going out as SB MVP? And I highly doubt Tebow can eclipse Elway with only a 10-year window for doing so... you really believe that Tebow can accomplish more in 12 years in the NFL than John did in 16? IMHO, that's ludicrous.

Oh... btw... Tebow would need to get started on his Pro Bowls then... 'cause he'd need 9 to match John.

sneakers
10-28-2011, 05:32 AM
Johnny Unitas hasn't faded into irrelevancy even though Manning is now the Colts' passing leader. Why would you think Elway would be forgotten after going out as SB MVP? And I highly doubt Tebow can eclipse Elway with only a 10-year window for doing so... you really believe that Tebow can accomplish more in 12 years in the NFL than John did in 16? IMHO, that's ludicrous.

Oh... btw... Tebow would need to get started on his Pro Bowls then... 'cause he'd need 9 to match John.

Well maybe if he wins 6 super bowls.

MileHighCrew
10-28-2011, 06:35 AM

Second if you read my post, I hpe Tebow can be a good QB, I just don't understand HIS fans trying to pump up Tebow by bringing Elway down.

TEBOW MAYBE GOOD, ELWAY WAS GREAT, YOU CAN LIKE BOTH

MileHighCrew
10-28-2011, 06:48 AM
You must not have watched any football last year??? Tebow started three games you should watch them.

I have seen every Broncos game for years, Tebow has proven to be GREAT coming back. Correct me if I'm wrong (which I sure many will or they will make up something to try and prove it) but TT is 2-2 as a starter with COMEBACK wins over the Texans and the Dolphins.
Why is it bad I want him to win without having to make a comeback and play a solid 60 minutes?
Why is it bad I want people to be excited about the present without challenging the Broncos history?

MileHighCrew
10-28-2011, 06:49 AM
BOOOOOOOM!!!!!!! :beer::salute:

You high 5'ed your own post.... nice Boom

Juriga72
10-28-2011, 07:33 AM
THIS is why I hate Fantasy Football people. ALL they do is look at the stats. "Orotn threw for 350 yards and 3 td!!!!!!" we lost so freaking what...

IF Tebow can win games late... key word here is WIN, something we don't do that well lately....I'll cheer him, unlike the guy who lost 20 of his last 26 games

GEM
10-28-2011, 09:50 AM

I hope you don't hold your breathe waiting for that....cause it ain't gonna happen. ;) No one in Denver will forget Elway until the last of the fans who lived during that legacy die.

chazoe60
10-28-2011, 09:54 AM
I hope you don't hold your breathe waiting for that....cause it ain't gonna happen. ;) No one in Denver will forget Elway until the last of the fans who lived during that legacy die.

Who is this "Elway" you speak of? Was he one of Tebow's backups or something?

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 11:30 AM

Just saying it happens everywhere. Older people get out numbered by the newer and popularity. How many people are still talking about the Floyd Little days? He was a great RB but dont hear much anymore. People tend to follow current players and Elway will become the executive.

MOtorboat
10-28-2011, 11:58 AM
Just saying it happens everywhere. Older people get out numbered by the newer and popularity. How many people are still talking about the Floyd Little days? He was a great RB but dont hear much anymore. People tend to follow current players and Elway will become the executive.

I completely disagree.

I hear Floyd Little's name all the time. The team has alumni ceremonies every year, fundraisers where these people appear.

The history won't be forgotten, and its going to take a lot for Tebow to ever outshine Elway in Denver, which I highly doubt will ever happen.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 12:20 PM
I completely disagree.

I hear Floyd Little's name all the time. The team has alumni ceremonies every year, fundraisers where these people appear.

The history won't be forgotten, and its going to take a lot for Tebow to ever outshine Elway in Denver, which I highly doubt will ever happen.

I am not saying Tebow would but eventually someone will.

MOtorboat
10-28-2011, 12:24 PM
I am not saying Tebow would but eventually someone will.

I highly doubt it.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2011, 12:24 PM

Could be even past that - my youngest son was 11 when John was drafted, and because he has always been a major Bronco fan, he has educated himself to know who many of the Broncos were before John, and he has passed that onto his son.

Slick
10-28-2011, 02:07 PM
People are going to have to accept the fact that we have new fans who are here because of Tim Tebow.

...and no one forces us to click on threads.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-28-2011, 03:16 PM

Dude, what's, "the falcon punch"?

Do tell.... :laugh:

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-28-2011, 03:22 PM
People are going to have to accept the fact that we have new fans who are here because of Tim Tebow.

...and no one forces us to click on threads.

Exactly...I must admit that I love Tebow. However, sometimes the rhetoric from people that are Gator fans and don't really understand the NFL can get a little old.

Nevertheless, I remember being a nine year old kid that became a fan simply because I liked the sound of the stadium on TV, and I liked the blue and orange colors.

I became an instant fan of Rick Upchurch and Randy Gradishar. I wasn't an elite fan. I didn't know what 4-3 was. There was very little I knew. I'm sure I would have been despised by the Bronco faithful for the reasons I loved to watch. I wasn't a "true NFL fan".

I've been saying for over a year now that if Tim turns out to be a good QB this could be something that turns us into a national brand like the Steelers, Cowboys, or Packers. I can understand some things might get annoying, but a little patience is needed.

Let's not be the stuck in the mud geezers. :laugh:

catfish
10-28-2011, 03:53 PM
Exactly...I must admit that I love Tebow. However, sometimes the rhetoric from people that are Gator fans and don't really understand the NFL can get a little old.

Nevertheless, I remember being a nine year old kid that became a fan simply because I liked the sound of the stadium on TV, and I liked the blue and orange colors.

I became an instant fan of Rick Upchurch and Randy Gradishar. I wasn't an elite fan. I didn't know what 4-3 was. There was very little I knew. I'm sure I would have been despised by the Bronco faithful for the reasons I loved to watch. I wasn't a "true NFL fan".

I've been saying for over a year now that if Tim turns out to be a good QB this could be something that turns us into a national brand like the Steelers, Cowboys, or Packers. I can understand some things might get annoying, but a little patience is needed.

Let's not be the stuck in the mud geezers. :laugh:

I think a few people are giving us(I'll admit it) Gator/Tebow fans a bad name. There are many of us who hope that Tebow works out for you guys as it will be good for the Broncos and Tebow, but can admit there is a possibility that he won't work out in Denver or anywhere else for that matter. I consider myself a fan, but don't worship the guy. My wife on the other hand...

catfish
10-28-2011, 04:09 PM
also comparing Tebow to Elway at this point in their career is like comparing Cyler Miles to Tebow because they are both dual threat QB's

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 04:32 PM
also comparing Tebow to Elway at this point in their career is like comparing Cyler Miles to Tebow because they are both dual threat QB's

Thought it was like comparing Bryci to the thing called PAT

catfish
10-28-2011, 04:42 PM
Thought it was like comparing Bryci to the thing called PAT

to be fair I have never seen either of them play QB. ;)

GEM
10-28-2011, 06:01 PM

I still talk about Floyd Little. My favorite player of all time is Karl Mecklenberg. Mostly of which I didn't see a whole lot of playing live. Champ Bailey is about the only current Bronco who I will be talking about in 5 years....you know why....because they just aren't very good. I will forever talk about John Elway because he was one of the best players of all time.

You know why Ditka is still talked about....cause he was a badass.
You know why Rice is still talked about...cause he was incredible.
You know why Lombardi is still talked about...because the man knew more about football than you or I could learn about it after watching it for 50 years.
You know why people still talk about Randy Gradishar...because he still holds records that haven't been beaten to this day.

Should I go on?

People tend to remember great players and coaches. John Elway was one of the best of all time. You won't find anyone forgetting him anytime soon. Hell he hasn't played for a decade and he's still brought up on Top 100 lists and in every GOAT conversations.

You are fooling yourself to believe any differently. That or you play a little too much Madden.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:07 PM
I still talk about Floyd Little. My favorite player of all time is Karl Mecklenberg. Mostly of which I didn't see a whole lot of playing live. Champ Bailey is about the only current Bronco who I will be talking about in 5 years....you know why....because they just aren't very good. I will forever talk about John Elway because he was one of the best players of all time.

You know why Lombardi is still talked about...because the man knew more about football than you or I could learn about it after watching it for 50 years.
You know why people still talk about Randy Gradishar...because he still holds records that haven't been beaten to this day.

Should I go on?

People tend to remember great players and coaches. John Elway was one of the best of all time. You won't find anyone forgetting him anytime soon. Hell he hasn't played for a decade and he's still brought up on Top 100 lists and in every GOAT conversations.

You are fooling yourself to believe any differently. That or you play a little too much Madden.

I have never played Madden in my life, talk of older players will become talk by old timers. How talks about Ed Healy, Art Rooney, Otto Graham, or Ernie Stautner. I can name plenty too. Its a matter of age and time. I will talk about Elway, Montanta, Rice, Marino, Young, Sharpe, Kelly and many other because I watched them playing growing up. I dont talk about very many before that or do very many people.

drewloc
10-28-2011, 06:15 PM

Should I go on?

My thoughts exactly, it's the players that set these records that definitely won't be forgotten. Elway definitely won't, Little won't, Sharpe won't. Gradishar won't. All of these were great players, as a good test for the new people, see if they know why we loved Eddie Mac so much even though he never lead the league in receiving categories. He is still one of my favorite all time Broncos, and while he might not get mentioned on any top 10 receiving lists, he was just as important and vital to the Super Bowl years as a lot of the players were.

I think the big difference I see with some of the newer folks here, is there are those who were brought to the Broncos because of Tim, and that in itself isn't a bad thing. I just tend to respect them more when they do a little research and can talk a bit of Broncos history as well. It shows an appreciation to this organization, and to the fans, both past and present. It's great you want to root for Tebow, but don't root for him and tear down the lore of the great players that laid down the foundation for all of us fans.

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:21 PM
My thoughts exactly, it's the players that set these records that definitely won't be forgotten. Elway definitely won't, Little won't, Sharpe won't. Gradishar won't. All of these were great players, as a good test for the new people, see if they know why we loved Eddie Mac so much even though he never lead the league in receiving categories. He is still one of my favorite all time Broncos, and while he might not get mentioned on any top 10 receiving lists, he was just as important and vital to the Super Bowl years as a lot of the players were.

I think the big difference I see with some of the newer folks here, is there are those who were brought to the Broncos because of Tim, and that in itself isn't a bad thing. I just tend to respect them more when they do a little research and can talk a bit of Broncos history as well. It shows an appreciation to this organization, and to the fans, both past and present. It's great you want to root for Tebow, but don't root for him and tear down the lore of the great players that laid down the foundation for all of us fans.

Eddie Mac is my fav bronco of all time, he is the under appreciated guy that was always there to make the play and dependable. He was made great by Elway and Rod Smith and Sharpe got a lot of attention so he so the forgotten one.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-28-2011, 06:23 PM

Great post - to those who came here because of Tim - how would you like it if new members joined a Gator's fan board, because their favorite QB from HS is now a Florida Gator, and all they did was post negative posts about TT, and do nothing but praise their boy?????

catfish
10-28-2011, 06:29 PM

Should I go on?

I think the legend that you have mentioned owe a lot to the invention of television in keeping their names in the top 100, it is much easier to see what made the guys legends with your own eyes rather than try to compare stats and stories from people who say they saw legends from yesteryear play. I feel like there must be legends whose names have died due to the fact that they played during a different time in the game and there is no footage of their play. I'm glad it is less likely to happen to our modern heroes.my 2 pennies

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:33 PM
I think the legend that you have mentioned owe a lot to the invention of television in keeping their names in the top 100, it is much easier to see what made the guys legends with your own eyes rather than try to compare stats and stories from people who say they saw legends from yesteryear play. I feel like there must be legends whose names have died due to the fact that they played during a different time in the game and there is no footage of their play. I'm glad it is less likely to happen to our modern heroes.my 2 pennies

Sort of what I was saying. When you sit and watch players they never die for you and you can talk about them to people. But as the years go buy less and less people to talk about till the players become just a memory of past greats that people never forget but dont talk about much.

GEM
10-28-2011, 06:35 PM

Lesson one on Eddy Mac....Dude invented WR's not wearing pads, he also made a habit of laying mofo's out with hard hitting blocking. Man oh man...he was so freaking fun to watch!!!

MileHighCrew
10-28-2011, 06:37 PM
Lesson one on Eddy Mac....Dude invented WR's not wearing pads, he also made a habit of laying mofo's out with hard hitting blocking. Man oh man...he was so freaking fun to watch!!!

I can still see the way his leg bent when he broke it.... ouch :salute:

GEM
10-28-2011, 06:40 PM
Bottom line...until Tim Tebow can do for Denver what he did for FL...don't expect us Denver fans to be as in love with him as you are. Let Tebow give us as many reasons to love as he gave you.

Also...don't ******* disparage John Elway to bring Tim Tebow up. You are on a Denver Broncos website, we live and breathe John Elway like you live and breathe Tim Tebow. If you want us on that same page, let your boy earn it just like Elway earned it. Believe me, I have enough room in my Broncos heart for Tim Tebow if he can do for the BRONCOS what John Elway did for the BRONCOS!

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:41 PM
Bottom line...until Tim Tebow can do for Denver what he did for FL...don't expect us Denver fans to be as in love with him as you are. Let Tebow give us as many reasons to love as he gave you.

Also...don't ******* disparage John Elway to bring Tim Tebow up. You are on a Denver Broncos website, we live and breathe John Elway like you live and breathe Tim Tebow. If you want us on that same page, let your boy earn it just like Elway earned it. Believe me, I have enough room in my Broncos heart for Tim Tebow if he can do for the BRONCOS what John Elway did for the BRONCOS!

Is there enough room for him with DECKER in there?

MileHighCrew
10-28-2011, 06:42 PM

good point, well thoughout and not insulting. Be prepared for the wrath to come because all you said to the Tebois there is **** Tebow:rolleyes:

GEM

Decker isn't in my heart yet....he's in my drool locker. :laugh: He's earning a spot though. :D

MileHighCrew

Elway in her heart Decker in her pants.

GEM
10-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Elway in her heart Decker in her pants.

Oh man....I might need to :gem:

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:44 PM
Oh man....I might need to :gem:

See ya in 30 mins.

GEM
10-28-2011, 06:45 PM
See ya in 30 mins.

:shocked: 30 Min???

MileHighCrew
10-28-2011, 06:46 PM
See ya in 30 mins.

women are suckers I could peal that off make a sandwitch and be back posting in 3 minutes:salute:

pnbronco
10-28-2011, 06:50 PM

OH yeah there is. We have big hearts when it comes to our guys..... Decker is well, he's....well he makes you just drool and very sweet too..........:D

MileHighCrew
10-28-2011, 06:50 PM
I'm back did I make it ;)

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 06:51 PM
OH yeah there is. We have big hearts when it comes to our guys..... Decker is well, he's....well he makes you just drool and very sweet too..........:D

Did you mean sweet or sweat?

pnbronco
10-28-2011, 07:15 PM
Did you mean sweet or sweat?

:laugh:...sweet....I just drool around him, but I don't let him see it.........;)

pnbronco
10-28-2011, 07:17 PM
I'm back did I make it ;)

;) are we off topic???? lot of ;) going around............:lol:

NightTerror218
10-28-2011, 07:18 PM
;) are we off topic???? lot of ;) going around............:lol:

Sorry I mentioned Decker to GEM and wow.....open a can of worms there :tsk:

Midnight Blue
10-29-2011, 04:43 AM

Um. No it does not "happen everywhere". Again, Colts fans (or more accurately, footballl fans in general) still remember Johnny Unitas... Vikings fans still remember Fran Tarkenton. Is Walter Payton irrelevant? If "older people get out numbered by the newer and popularity", then why does anyone care what Joe Namath thinks about anything?

What??? "you don't hear much anymore about Floyd Little"? ???!!!!! Guess you must have missed the little blurb about him being inducted into the Hall of Fame last year.

hamrob
10-30-2011, 12:02 AM

Should I go on?

You are fooling yourself to believe any differently. That or you play a little too much Madden.Wow. They may not be very good...but, there are very good football players on this team...and who knows what the last chapter will read when they have finished. Kudos for thinking positive.

Kuper, Clady, Tebow, Decker, Thomas, Miller, Doom are just a few who may end up being perennial pro-bowlers.

Like I've said I worshiped Elway in the day. That day has past. Time to move on.

hamrob
10-30-2011, 12:05 AM

Also...don't ******* disparage John Elway to bring Tim Tebow up. You are on a Denver Broncos website, we live and breathe John Elway like you live and breathe Tim Tebow. If you want us on that same page, let your boy earn it just like Elway earned it. Believe me, I have enough room in my Broncos heart for Tim Tebow if he can do for the BRONCOS what John Elway did for the BRONCOS!When Tebow is leading us to Championships...you'll forget about all your idiotic statements...leading up until then!!!

Bullgator
10-30-2011, 02:53 AM

Should I go on?

The Albino Rhino was and still is the coolest nickname ever.

Midnight Blue
10-30-2011, 03:45 AM
The Albino Rhino was and still is the coolest nickname ever.

Dunno if it's cooler than "Smiling Assassin"...I loved Atwater. Although in today's NFL, he'd have been fined on a weekly basis.

Ravage!!!
10-30-2011, 09:15 AM
Dunno if it's cooler than "Smiling Assassin"...I loved Atwater. Although in today's NFL, he'd have been fined on a weekly basis.

MOST of the all-time greats would have been completely broke with the amount of fines they would have rang up. I miss those days of football.