PDA

View Full Version : Tim Tebow FAILS.........

bradypats12
10-25-2011, 10:58 AM
.............to FAIL!!!!

Set Up For Failure, Denver's Tim Tebow Succeeds

Two weeks ago, John Fox gave in to the fans of Denver and announced that Tim Tebow would be the starter for the Broncos this weekend. He gave the same old cliche' that Tebow gives them the "best" chance to win. Fox probably never believed that himself. He and John Elway did see an opportunity, however. That opportunity was to set Tim Tebow up to fail and to prove a point to fans.
read more below

http://www.footballnation.com/content/set-up-for-failure-denvers-tim-tebow-succeeds/10229/

I Eat Staples
10-25-2011, 11:00 AM
Sup Jags.

turftoad
10-25-2011, 11:04 AM
:tsk: Maybe there needs to be a minimum post count before being allowed to start threads.

FlyByU
10-25-2011, 11:09 AM
I agree I think this was Fox setting it all up for failure so he can say like he did with the one TT run A slot vs. Packers we tried TT and he didn't cut it. A slap top the face of all fans and since then he lies and covers up everything he does. Fox was shocked that TT got the game tied and then in OT decided to make sure we lose with stupid play calling again. If the D had not gotten the fumble in FG range the Fins would have been given the ball again and I am sure they would have gotten a FG at least because we all know third time is a charm.

Fox/McCoy need fired now IMO.

underrated29
10-25-2011, 11:11 AM
Does anyone seriously believe it was the fans who made fox play tebow?

slim
10-25-2011, 11:14 AM
Does anyone seriously believe it was the fans who made fox play tebow?

Some people do.

I don't understand it either.

BroncoNut
10-25-2011, 11:24 AM
He/she linked an article. You may agree or disagree, but I don't really see where this poster did anything wrong.

The Orwellian smell of this place is becoming displeasing to my soul and character.

weazel
10-25-2011, 11:29 AM
Never seen a horse puke? That's because they can't. Horses have no gag reflex and are incapable of throwing up. Sometimes their inability to throw up causes stomach upsets - which can be fatal.

Dzone
10-25-2011, 11:30 AM
Since Fox obviously is letting the billboards dictate his coaching decisions, maybe we need to have new billboards calling for more Spread Offense? Maybe a billboard that tells Fox to run more bootlegs to the left with Tebow?
:pound:

bradypats12
10-25-2011, 12:22 PM
Some people do.

I don't understand it either.

John Fox started his THIRD string QB. Ive never seen a coach skip his second string and go directly to starting his third string without an injury. If you think for a minute that the fans and their demands didn't influence Fox's coaching decision than you are mistaken. Fox is the candidate and the fans are the voters.

BroncoNut
10-25-2011, 12:24 PM
Never seen a horse puke? That's because they can't. Horses have no gag reflex and are incapable of throwing up. Sometimes their inability to throw up causes stomach upsets - which can be fatal.

Been there, done that. Preaching to the choir there Weazel.

slim
10-25-2011, 12:33 PM
John Fox started his THIRD string QB. Ive never seen a coach skip his second string and go directly to starting his third string without an injury. If you think for a minute that the fans and their demands didn't influence Fox's coaching decision than you are mistaken. Fox is the candidate and the fans are the voters.

No, he started his 2nd string QB.

underrated29
10-25-2011, 12:37 PM

tebow was NEVER 3rd string. EVER!!!

You can go back and look at the official depth charts for preaseason and now.

Ravage!!!
10-25-2011, 01:07 PM
Who cares if he was the second or third? I know he played like he should be the third.

Lets hope it gets MUCH better as the season progresses. But, I can confidently say that I now understand fully why Fox would believe Orton gave us the best "chance" to win, and why Schlereth would say that when he watched the practices, Tebow looked horrible.

Now lets just hope progression is something we see, or... start setting bets on what QB we go after.

Cugel
10-25-2011, 01:13 PM

Riiiiight. :coffee:

The season was tanked by the time they put Tebow in. The Orton experiment failed. He's a FA and won't be re-signed next season. The same is true for Brady Quinn who is strictly a backup and doesn't figure in the Broncos future plans.

The depth chart which had Orton, Quinn and then Tebow was based on being competitive THIS year. IF Orton was going to do great and lead the Broncos to a good record and be re-signed as the starter for 2012 then the team didn't NEED to evaluate what it had in Tebow this season.

He's under contract until 2014.

Under that scenario, if Orton was temporarily injured then they would put in Quinn to try and keep the season together until they could get Orton back. Orton with Quinn backing up gave them the best chance to win this season.

But, once Orton failed and the season was toast, then they needed to decide whether Tebow is the answer either or whether they need to get rid of Tebow, sign a veteran QB and draft their franchise QB next April.

The jury is still out on the Tebow experiment. Right now, my money is on "no." :coffee:

Cugel
10-25-2011, 01:19 PM
Who cares if he was the second or third? I know he played like he should be the third.

Lets hope it gets MUCH better as the season progresses. But, I can confidently say that I now understand fully why Fox would believe Orton gave us the best "chance" to win, and why Schlereth would say that when he watched the practices, Tebow looked horrible.

Now lets just hope progression is something we see, or... start setting bets on what QB we go after.

Well, now it's not just in practices that he looked "horrible." It's in games too. For 55 minutes he looked worse than Sage Rosenfels and missed wide open WRs by 15 yards. He looked totally lost and confused like a duck that's been stunned by hitting it on the head. :coffee:

Well, at least we know he does well against a prevent defense when the other team has a big lead. Maybe NFL defenses will start to realize this and just go with their base defense at the end of games and not let Tebow run around and make plays.

We'll see starting next week against the Lions.

The Glue Factory
10-25-2011, 02:17 PM
Well, now it's not just in practices that he looked "horrible." It's in games too. For 55 minutes he looked worse than Sage Rosenfels and missed wide open WRs by 15 yards.

You do realize that playcalling by McCoy had something to do with that as well. I don't recall any passing plays over 15+ called for the first 3.5 quarters. Dolphins had an awful lot of players within 10 yards of the line for most of the game.

I'm not sure if Tebow or McCoy was more responsible for the horridly, atrocious drivel we had to watch on Sunday. If that kind of performance continues I doubt we'll end up with more than 4 wins this year.

Ravage!!!
10-25-2011, 03:39 PM
You do realize that playcalling by McCoy had something to do with that as well. I don't recall any passing plays over 15+ called for the first 3.5 quarters. Dolphins had an awful lot of players within 10 yards of the line for most of the game.

I'm not sure if Tebow or McCoy was more responsible for the horridly, atrocious drivel we had to watch on Sunday. If that kind of performance continues I doubt we'll end up with more than 4 wins this year.

I think thats Tim's fault. WHen you see 8 people on the LoS blitzing, you don't have time for the long ball, but you DO have time to make the read and hit the quick route. This is something Tim did NOT do, and thats a problem. Hopefully its a major point of emphasis this practice.

The coaches limited the mistakes Tim could make by having plays that had simple reads.... and this Sunday Tim failed at THOSE. What do you want the coaching staff to do?

The Dolphins were able to come with 8 people, and Tim couldn't/wouldn't get rid of the ball. He either didn't make the pre-snap read, or didn't know what to do once he made the read...but as a result the Dolphins double their season sack total. The OL can't block 8 people coming. There were 1-n-1 coverages allllllll over the place with 8 coming.

Cugel
10-25-2011, 03:46 PM
The Dolphins were able to come with 8 people, and Tim couldn't/wouldn't get rid of the ball. He either didn't make the pre-snap read, or didn't know what to do once he made the read...but as a result the Dolphins double their season sack total. The OL can't block 8 people coming. There were 1-n-1 coverages allllllll over the place with 8 coming.

I've been predicting since the Chargers game that that's EXACTLY what NFL defenses were going to do. And it wasn't rocket science to figure it out either. Everybody knows Tebow struggles reading defenses and hitting the open WR from the pocket.

So, as a DC what would you do? Flood the box with 8 defenders and keep Tebow in the pocket. MAKE him beat you throwing the ball downfield and hitting the open WR.

Well, he didn't do that against San Diego or Miami. He was able to beat the "prevent defense" which only "prevents" you from winning where they drop 7 defenders in coverage and let Tebow run around and "make plays."

You would have thought that the Dolphins DC would have figured it out "hey! He can't hit the broad side of a barn, so don't change a thing. Keep bringing 8 and keeping back three and dare him to stay in the pocket and throw downfield."

But, no. The moron was "trying to prevent the big play and keep everything in front" and let Tebow get a rhythm and make plays. Then the Broncos defense got excited and recovered 2 fumbles and the rest was history.

At some point a team is going to say "why change what works." But, conventional thinking is a real curse in the NFL. And the Dolphins going AWAY from what had been working all afternoon cost them the game. :coffee:

SR
10-25-2011, 04:50 PM
I agree I think this was Fox setting it all up for failure so he can say like he did with the one TT run A slot vs. Packers we tried TT and he didn't cut it. A slap top the face of all fans and since then he lies and covers up everything he does. Fox was shocked that TT got the game tied and then in OT decided to make sure we lose with stupid play calling again. If the D had not gotten the fumble in FG range the Fins would have been given the ball again and I am sure they would have gotten a FG at least because we all know third time is a charm.

Fox/McCoy need fired now IMO.

What in the **** are you talking about?

Cugel
10-25-2011, 05:20 PM
What in the **** are you talking about?

He's trolling. Don't give him the satisfaction.

lgenf
10-25-2011, 07:59 PM
Well, he didn't do that against San Diego or Miami. He was able to beat the "prevent defense" which only "prevents" you from winning where they drop 7 defenders in coverage and let Tebow run around and "make plays."

he wasn't beating a "prevent D" if you listened or watched any of the Monday analysis on ESPN Coach Mangini was breaking down the last two drives from an offensive and defensive standpoint

the Offense in order to help T2 - went into a full spread package which has 4 receivers, and those receivers are "spread out" so that the reads become easier for the QB

this in turn forced the Defense of Miami to put in a personnel to cover all those receivers and run two deep safety coverage, allowed them only to rush 4 downlineman and they kept their spy "MLB" on T2 to keep him for running free over the middle

in that spread package, the reads were easier for T2 (as they should be, that is what he is familiar with, it was his 4th start and most young QBs struggle with reads)

those last 7 mins of the 4th also had play calls down the field in order to spread out the defense and get some pockets for T2 to drop the ball into, which he did.

when others talk about Fox and Mccoy needing to change the offense to more of a tebow friendly version, those last 7 mins is what everyone had in mind

with no offseason, little work with the first string guys, and NO WORK with D Thomas or Royal due to injuries, the kid did pretty damn well once he was in a rythm and in an offensive scheme that he already knows. we cannot forget this was his 4th start, he's got less experience then Newton or Dalton

but to say that he only beat a "prevent D" is wrong and was thoroughly discussed on Monday - along with all the bad decisions T2 made in the first 53 mins

jlarsiii
10-25-2011, 08:57 PM
he wasn't beating a "prevent D" if you listened or watched any of the Monday analysis on ESPN Coach Mangini was breaking down the last two drives from an offensive and defensive standpoint
the Offense in order to help T2 - went into a full spread package which has 4 receivers, and those receivers are "spread out" so that the reads become easier for the QB
this in turn forced the Defense of Miami to put in a personnel to cover all those receivers and run two deep safety coverage, allowed them only to rush 4 downlineman and they kept their spy "MLB" on T2 to keep him for running free over the middle
in that spread package, the reads were easier for T2 (as they should be, that is what he is familiar with, it was his 4th start and most young QBs struggle with reads)
those last 7 mins of the 4th also had play calls down the field in order to spread out the defense and get some pockets for T2 to drop the ball into, which he did.
when others talk about Fox and Mccoy needing to change the offense to more of a tebow friendly version, those last 7 mins is what everyone had in mind
with no offseason, little work with the first string guys, and NO WORK with D Thomas or Royal due to injuries, the kid did pretty damn well once he was in a rythm and in an offensive scheme that he already knows. we cannot forget this was his 4th start, he's got less experience then Newton or Dalton
but to say that he only beat a "prevent D" is wrong and was thoroughly discussed on Monday - along with all the bad decisions T2 made in the first 53 mins

Go ahead and make your points, but don't put in a bunch of nonsense also.

Really, Tebow (in his 2nd year) has less experience than two rookie QBs who had no offseason whatsoever? Putting in dumb stuff like that makes it hard to try to see your other points as valid.

Tebow had an offseason after he was drafted, then had an entire first season with the team, then didn't get any offseason work with the team during the lockout, and then had the preseason this fall. That is a heck of a lot more than two rookie QBs who had no offseason and only the preseason with their teams. Come on man...

Jagsbch
10-26-2011, 10:51 AM
John Sly Fox: Closet Tebow Hater

http://www.cbssports.com/mcc/messages/chrono/32947190

Now this thread rocks

lgenf
10-26-2011, 03:20 PM
Go ahead and make your points, but don't put in a bunch of nonsense also.

Really, Tebow (in his 2nd year) has less experience than two rookie QBs who had no offseason whatsoever? Putting in dumb stuff like that makes it hard to try to see your other points as valid.

Tebow had an offseason after he was drafted, then had an entire first season with the team, then didn't get any offseason work with the team during the lockout, and then had the preseason this fall. That is a heck of a lot more than two rookie QBs who had no offseason and only the preseason with their teams. Come on man...

does changing it to LESS GAME EXPERIENCE satisfy you?

when I speak of it, I am talking about game time, yes he had an offseason after rookie draft

MOtorboat
10-26-2011, 03:42 PM

Now this thread rocks

Did you really link to a post you made on the cbssports message boards in order to make it seem more reputable.

Yes. Yes you did.

weazel
10-26-2011, 05:51 PM
Did you really link to a post you made on the cbssports message boards in order to make it seem more reputable.

Yes. Yes you did.

wow... that is hilarious!

Jsteve01
10-26-2011, 06:04 PM

Now this thread rocks

you know maybe if we all agree to report every post by this troll, the mods will cave and ban him.

Jsteve01
10-26-2011, 06:05 PM

Yes. Yes you did.

ever heard of delusions of grandeur Mo. Not sure if you were still at the Freak when he was posting links to his bleacherreport "articles" but this guy makes me want to put a gun in my mouth.

Lancane
10-26-2011, 06:15 PM

Now this thread rocks

Dear God... How F'n pathetic can one man be?

You're like the Gainesville version of Andy Kaufman!

MOtorboat
10-26-2011, 06:20 PM
ever heard of delusions of grandeur Mo. Not sure if you were still at the Freak when he was posting links to his bleacherreport "articles" but this guy makes me want to put a gun in my mouth.

He did it there, here, the Mane and I think he did it at BroncosCountry too.

rcsodak
10-26-2011, 07:19 PM

Wasn't just Stink! PK/TR from Sirius NFL were at training camp, and said it was embarrassing, to watch him throw. Underthrows/overthrows...birds being killed, gophers running for their lives..... ;')
And leading up to his broadcast of the SD game, Gannon scouted denver. Let's just say, there wasn't much improvement.

Imo..... If they're going with TT the remainder of the yr, with the idea in mind to see if he can be the FQB, use more of his plays from UF, just as Car is with Newton. If they're showcasing him for tradebait.....FAIL!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

rcsodak
10-26-2011, 07:25 PM
I've been predicting since the Chargers game that that's EXACTLY what NFL defenses were going to do. And it wasn't rocket science to figure it out either. Everybody knows Tebow struggles reading defenses and hitting the open WR from the pocket.

So, as a DC what would you do? Flood the box with 8 defenders and keep Tebow in the pocket. MAKE him beat you throwing the ball downfield and hitting the open WR.

You would have thought that the Dolphins DC would have figured it out "hey! He can't hit the broad side of a barn, so don't change a thing. Keep bringing 8 and keeping back three and dare him to stay in the pocket and throw downfield."

But, no. The moron was "trying to prevent the big play and keep everything in front" and let Tebow get a rhythm and make plays. Then the Broncos defense got excited and recovered 2 fumbles and the rest was history.

At some point a team is going to say "why change what works." But, conventional thinking is a real curse in the NFL. And the Dolphins going AWAY from what had been working all afternoon cost them the game. :coffee:

Careful, cuges........you're denigrating your highly espoused DC, Nolan. ;')

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums