PDA

View Full Version : Soooo....How would we have done yesterday if Orton had started????

sneakers
10-24-2011, 09:22 PM
This thread is what you call flamebait, enjoy.

chazoe60
10-24-2011, 09:25 PM
We would have lost on a last second INT. Orton would have said "We all need to play better"

He is the anti-Tebow, his jersey number should be 666

MOtorboat
10-24-2011, 09:27 PM
Orton would have completed passes to Decker and Fells, so I'm going with 28-6 Denver.

:coffee:

:sarcasm:

Northman
10-24-2011, 09:30 PM
Difficult to say.

Orton's accuracy is better than Tebow although not by much. Also, Orton at times holds onto the ball to long as well but he cant scramble to get out of trouble. I dont think we would have been shutout with Orton through 3 quarters. Of course not all of that is too blame on Tebow as Prater missed to FG's. But, i dont think Orton would of been able to win the game with it on the line either.

BroncoStud
10-24-2011, 09:31 PM
Nope. Orton was no better than Tebow for the first 3 quarters then would have gotten WORSE instead of better in the 4th. Miami 15, Denver 0.

dogfish
10-24-2011, 09:36 PM
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9157/we12t.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/we12t.jpg/)

mods, please ban sneakers. . . .

TIA

:welcome:

chazoe60
10-24-2011, 09:38 PM
http://img819.imageshack.us/img819/9157/we12t.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/819/we12t.jpg/)

TIA

I agree. If banning him is not a strong enough action, may we kill him instead?

Northman
10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
I agree. If banning him is not a strong enough action, may we kill him instead?

As long as we use a Herring.

Dreadnought
10-24-2011, 09:42 PM

TIA

No. I like Sneakers, even when he is being especially goofy. And I like this thread.

My final score Miami 25, Denver 10. Miami also scores on a pick six in the second, and gets a FG off of a sack fumble in the third. Orton remains target locked on Brandon Lloyd for much of the game until he realizes he now plays for the Rams at about the 40 minute mark. Orton does lead us to 10 late consolation points against a soft zone defense though. He also hits 60% of his passes. :salute:

Northman
10-24-2011, 09:43 PM
No. I like Sneakers, even when he is being especially goofy. And I like this thread.

My final score Miami 25, Denver 10. Miami also scores on a pick six in the second, and gets a FG off of a sack fumble in the third. Orton remains target locked on Brandon Lloyd for much of the game until he realizes he now plays for the Rams at about the 40 minute mark. Orton does lead us to 10 late consolation points against a soft zone defense though. He also hits 60% of his passes. :salute:

This is so much better than what i wrote. Im such a dope for taking it seriously. :tsk:

underrated29
10-24-2011, 09:47 PM

You are forgetting Miami would have had a saftey against us. No way Orton would have escaped the goaline start with a punt. That was saftey for most qbs in the league. So it would have been 27-10.

Thnikkaman
10-24-2011, 09:53 PM
http://mlblogsplunkinggomez.files.wordpress.com/2009/01/aj5jl1.jpg?w=272&h=190

Buff
10-24-2011, 09:58 PM
About as well as he did with the OT coin toss...

Would it be too vindictive to start a billboard campaign to strip him of his captain status?

Davii
10-24-2011, 10:00 PM
This is so much better than what i wrote. Im such a dope for taking it seriously. :tsk:

I thought Dread did take it seriously. Seemed like a pretty accurate prediction.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 10:02 PM
Difficult to say.

Orton's accuracy is better than Tebow although not by much. Also, Orton at times holds onto the ball to long as well but he cant scramble to get out of trouble. I dont think we would have been shutout with Orton through 3 quarters. Of course not all of that is too blame on Tebow as Prater missed to FG's. But, i dont think Orton would of been able to win the game with it on the line either.

The Dolphins would have played Orton a little differently than they did Tebow. That aside, if the score was same going into the last 5:00 minutes with Orton at the helm it's unlikely Denver would have come back to win the game. Historically Orton proves shows that to be true.

Davii
10-24-2011, 10:11 PM
The Dolphins would have played Orton a little differently than they did Tebow. That aside, if the score was same going into the last 5:00 minutes with Orton at the helm it's unlikely Denver would have come back to win the game. Historically Orton proves shows that to be true.

I'm not so sure they would've played different against Orton. They stacked the box and dared Tim to beat them throwing because he hasn't yet proved he can. This year, neither has Orton.

camdisco24
10-24-2011, 10:34 PM
We lose with Orton due to a pick-6 in OT.

The Broncos plane is greeted by fans holding pitchforks upon return to Denver.

Broncos Forums crashes.

I Eat Staples
10-24-2011, 10:48 PM
Difficult to say.

I agree with this. Orton would never bring us back from behind, but there's no way we get down 15-0 with Orton starting.

I say we would have won comfortably, that was pretty much the one game on our schedule for the remainder of the year that Orton would have won easily.

Northman
10-24-2011, 10:54 PM
I agree with this. Orton would never bring us back from behind, but there's no way we get down 15-0 with Orton starting.

I say we would have won comfortably, that was pretty much the one game on our schedule for the remainder of the year that Orton would have won easily.

Hard to say.

Technically, we werent down by 15 or "shouldnt" of been. Prater just missed some very makeable FG's. But do i think Orton could of lead a TD drive in there somewhere? Probably. But i dont think we would of won comfortably. Maybe last year when Orton was playing much better but this year he was very bad.

Tned
10-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Difficult to say.

Yea, I'm kind of going toss up on this. If it's the Orton in the first half against SD, then we probably don't win. If it's the Orton the first four games, even with his many INTs and throws behind receivers on crossing routes, I think we would have had some scoring drives as well as the running game was working. The play calling wouldn't have been so run heavy, but that could have resulted in less production (in terms of moving chains), if Orton has one of his bad 3rd down conversion days.

Orton has played this year so far below the level of "average QB" he's been at during his time in Denver, that it's really hard to predict if he would have even led the Broncos to 17 points, or if he would have had a turnover free game, since many of the opposition's points have been coming off Orton's turnovers.

BroncoStud
10-24-2011, 11:14 PM
Which Orton? The one who threw for 3,600 yards in the spread mostly being junk yardage? Or the Orton that got benched twice in 2 seasons for playing some of the most horrendous and uninspiring QB many of us have EVER witnessed?

If Orton looked anything like he did against the Dolts, the Dolphins would have beaten us by MORE due to his interceptions and fumbles.

No way we win this game with Orton at QB. He's done. He sucks worse than Tebow. He might be SLIGHTLY more accurate but that's it and that's all.

BroncoTech
10-24-2011, 11:30 PM
That guy Orlando Franklin was supposed to block would have killed Orton several times over and Tebow would have to come in and saved us regardless.
There is no Santa Clause and Orton sucks. Sorry kids...

John Bad Elk
10-25-2011, 04:56 AM
We would have lost on a last second INT. Orton would have said "We all need to play better"

He is the anti-Tebow, his jersey number should be 666

I do not care who you are, that is funny!

Timmy!
10-25-2011, 07:48 AM
honestly? horton sucks, but we probably would ha ve won a close one if the defense played like they did. then again if the broncos were down in the 4th horton would have shit the bed. but if u really think orton would have had 24 yards passing 52 minutes into the game ue smoking crack as well. the phins are horrible. the broncos won the game because of a great comeback, that wouldnt have happened if the defense didnt step up and the special teams doesnt get the onside kick.

i loved the comeback, it was ******* awesome. but lets call a spade a spade here guys, tebow and the entire offense looked like dogshit for 95% of the game.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Agent of Orange
10-25-2011, 08:09 AM
If Tebow was sacked 7 times, that means Orton probably would have been sacked 10 times with 5 of them being phantom sacks ("I'm scared so Im going down...sorry guys!"). The offense would have been in neutral for this reason plus you can probably throw in some pressure INTs from Orton, which would have likely led to at least one Miami score.

And there's certainly no way that we come back from that deficit.

The team is 2-2 with Tebow as starter and the same teams are 4-14 with Orton. If you think this would have been a win with Orton, you're a fool.

Timmy!
10-25-2011, 08:22 AM
If Tebow was sacked 7 times, that means Orton probably would have been sacked 10 times with 5 of them being phantom sacks ("I'm scared so Im going down...sorry guys!"). The offense would have been in neutral for this reason plus you can probably throw in some pressure INTs from Orton, which would have likely led to at least one Miami score.

The team is 2-2 with Tebow as starter and the same teams are 4-14 with Orton. If you think this would have been a win with Orton, you're a fool.

bullshit. for as much as orton blows ass, he would have gotten rid of the ball....and it might well have been picked multiple times, but 2 say he`d take 10 sacks is retarded. i will spot u a couple fainting goat sakcs but still, come on man..... tebow holds the ball longer than any qb ive ever seen, and it costs him sacks. its something he has to work on, and a bettter gameplan would sure help....

vandammage13
10-25-2011, 08:31 AM
bullshit. for as much as orton blows ass, he would have gotten rid of the ball....and it might well have been picked multiple times, but 2 say he`d take 10 sacks is retarded. i will spot u a couple fainting goat sakcs but still, come on man..... tebow holds the ball longer than any qb ive ever seen, and it costs him sacks. its something he has to work on, and a bettter gameplan would sure help....

Still...you can't argue that Tebow is 2-2 with the same exact team that Orton is 4-14 with.

Timmy!
10-25-2011, 08:35 AM
Still...you can't argue that Tebow is 2-2 with the same exact team that Orton is 4-14 with.

no arguement there in the least, and id happy we are seeing (sort of....get it 2get play calling) what tim can do.

that said, miami is ******* horrible, and im pretty sure the same bronco team that beat cincy (when the d played awesome) could have done the same to miami.

vettesplus
10-25-2011, 08:59 AM
with orton, denver 24 miami 17

I Eat Staples
10-25-2011, 10:12 AM
Hard to say.

Technically, we werent down by 15 or "shouldnt" of been. Prater just missed some very makeable FG's. But do i think Orton could of lead a TD drive in there somewhere? Probably. But i dont think we would of won comfortably. Maybe last year when Orton was playing much better but this year he was very bad.

Yeah, comfortably is probably giving Orton and the entire team way too much credit. We probably can't beat anyone comfortably.

Agent of Orange
10-27-2011, 07:58 AM

End of story.

TXBRONC
10-27-2011, 09:26 AM

I would agree that Orton probably would not have been sacked 10 times. But he can pressured into throwing errors given what's happened so far this season. All things being equal if Orton was the quarterback going into the last 5:00 minutes I don't see us coming back and winning that game.

BroncoJoe
10-27-2011, 09:29 AM
All things being equal, I'd have a hard time saying Orton would have won the game.

He certainly wouldn't have kept our players' emotions high and confident. That much I do believe.

Northman
10-27-2011, 09:52 AM
Regardless of how Tim struggled by not getting rid of the ball fast enough i think every coach will tell you too either throw it away or just take the sack instead of turning it over. Had Tim throw multiple picks we probably wouldnt of been in a position to even win the Miami game. But luckily, as bad as Tim played for most of it the defense kept us in it until Timmy found a way to get it done. Orton may have been sacked less but i agree that his TO ratio would of put us in a bigger hole than we were.

Ravage!!!
10-27-2011, 10:03 AM
I'm no Orton guy, but he would have done better... probably much better. People keep saying that he wouldn't have been able to "pull us out from behind"..but the reality is, we probably wouldn't have been 15 points behind. Orton would have been able to keep their blitz at bay, and would have completed more passes..... not only due to the fact that he wouldn't have missed wide open guys by a mile, but would have hit on many of the quick hot-routes if the Dolphins put 8 on the LoS.

So yes, Orton would have been better than Tebow showed against the Dolphins....but that doesn't mean I wish Orton was in the game.

CoachChaz
10-27-2011, 10:13 AM
Probably would have been the same result...just a different way of getting there.

NightTerror218
10-27-2011, 12:06 PM
Orotn would have thrown the INTs to make us lose. Close game down to wire again but he would have cried after taking several sacks and he would have thrown 2 INTs at least (what he was averaging). Or would have played like he did against SD and have little yards and INts.

Agent of Orange
10-27-2011, 05:48 PM
Regardless of how Tim struggled by not getting rid of the ball fast enough i think every coach will tell you too either throw it away or just take the sack instead of turning it over. Had Tim throw multiple picks we probably wouldnt of been in a position to even win the Miami game. But luckily, as bad as Tim played for most of it the defense kept us in it until Timmy found a way to get it done. Orton may have been sacked less but i agree that his TO ratio would of put us in a bigger hole than we were.

Do you realize that his QB rating for that game was over 90?

silkamilkamonico
10-27-2011, 05:52 PM
Forget Orotn, if Matt Moore would have started for us, we would have won by 2 TD's. Easily.

BroncoStud
10-27-2011, 06:17 PM
Orton is such a "winner" and all... :laugh:

Northman
10-27-2011, 07:47 PM
Do you realize that his QB rating for that game was over 90?

And?

nevcraw
10-27-2011, 08:01 PM
Orton throws for 315 yds. throws a TD to deck, they lose 17-7 and Orton tells the Mexican media eating free Pizza in the locker room after the game -- "I'm playing the best football of my career".

Agent of Orange
10-27-2011, 08:02 PM
And?

90 is a good score. For as much as people are dwelling on how badly he played, in the end, he had a very respectable QB rating. You could look at it as a flawed statistic and there are valid arguments that can be made along those lines but, still...you hear people in the media emphasizing this all the time but now suddenly, they're moving the goal posts.

Agent of Orange
10-27-2011, 08:03 PM
Orton throws for 315 yds. throws a TD to deck, they lose 17-7 and Orton tells the Mexican media eating free Pizza in the locker room after the game -- "I'm playing the best football of my career".

He should take his talents to South Beach.

Northman
10-27-2011, 08:20 PM
90 is a good score. For as much as people are dwelling on how badly he played, in the end, he had a very respectable QB rating. You could look at it as a flawed statistic and there are valid arguments that can be made along those lines but, still...you hear people in the media emphasizing this all the time but now suddenly, they're moving the goal posts.

I dont think people have a real problem with his rating, its just the type of passes that were missed. However, i think some of that is due to not being familiar with the playbook. But he missed some WIDE open guys and it wasnt close.

Canmore
10-27-2011, 09:57 PM
I dont think people have a real problem with his rating, its just the type of passes that were missed. However, i think some of that is due to not being familiar with the playbook. But he missed some WIDE open guys and it wasnt close.

I can live with a rating in the 90's, but how he got there...He certainly missed some wide open throws. Nerves? Maybe. Still when I look at the original poster, we would have lost another close one. Tebow delivered. Ugly? Yes, but a thing of magic in crunch time.

TXBRONC
10-27-2011, 10:38 PM
I can live with a rating in the 90's, but how he got there...He certainly missed some wide open throws. Nerves? Maybe. Still when I look at the original poster, we would have lost another close one. Tebow delivered. Ugly? Yes, but a thing of magic in crunch time.

For 3/4 of the game he had quarterback rating of 45 (I think). He can't play like and expect to win very many game.

Canmore
10-27-2011, 10:57 PM
For 3/4 of the game he had quarterback rating of 45 (I think). He can't play like and expect to win very many game.

Agreed. To come up with a rating in the 90's what did he do in the last 5 minutes? What is a perfect rating? 153.7 iirc.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-28-2011, 12:57 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if Nolan could have dialed up something special for Orton....nah, couldn't be.....

sneakers
10-28-2011, 01:11 AM
Hmmm, I wonder if Nolan could have dialed up something special for Orton....nah, couldn't be.....

MOAR BUBBLE SCREENS@!!!!1q1!!

Agent of Orange
10-28-2011, 08:01 AM

He said he was being overly cautious. He didn't say he was coached up that way but when you look at the play calling, you have to wonder.

claymore
11-02-2011, 07:20 PM
Deq0U8OkwDQ