PDA

View Full Version : Plays to win for 5 min out of 60?

Flex040679
10-24-2011, 12:17 AM
Take the handcuffs off the offense... that was a joke I hope from 5 minutes down to :17 seconds left in todays game plays were called to move the ball. For the previous 55 minutes of the game it was an insult to the offense and the quarterback... the defense played well enough to make up for Mike Mcoy treating Tebow like he's a high school QB... don't get me wrong he missed throws but, so did Carson Palmer. He didnt cost Denver the game like Orton and he didn't turn the ball over like Orton does.... not to mention the Broncos won and the only thing that matters is WINNING

SR
10-24-2011, 08:03 AM
Take the handcuffs off the offense... that was a joke I hope from 5 minutes down to :17 seconds left in todays game plays were called to move the ball. For the previous 55 minutes of the game it was an insult to the offense and the quarterback... the defense played well enough to make up for Mike Mcoy treating Tebow like he's a high school QB... don't get me wrong he missed throws but, so did Carson Palmer. He didnt cost Denver the game like Orton and he didn't turn the ball over like Orton does.... not to mention the Broncos won and the only thing that matters is WINNING

You must have missed Tebow's fumble because he was holding the ball like Deon Sanders.

I agree, though, that the play calling was friggin awful. It was like they were actively trying to tank the game to even up the "Suck for Luck" campaign.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 08:19 AM
Three things to consider.

1.) I don't see how the handcuffs were on the offense. What a saw was a lot mistakes and poor excution.

2.) The offense was set geared towards Orton's style of play now they have recalibrate it so that it fits Tebow's style of play.

3.) When was the last time Tebow threw a pass in a live game? When was the last time he worked with the first unit? Wasn't this the first time D. Thomas has been on the field in about a year?

Juriga72
10-24-2011, 08:24 AM
I would have much have that perfect INT to end the game without all that pesky overtime

vandammage13
10-24-2011, 08:25 AM

1.) I don't see how the handcuffs were on the offense. What a saw was a lot mistakes and poor excution.

2.) The offense was set geared towards Orton's style of play now they have recalibrate it so that it fits Tebow's style of play.

3.) When was the last time Tebow threw a pass in a live game? When was the last time he worked with the first unit? Wasn't this the first time D. Thomas has been on the field in about a year?

2 weeks ago...

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 08:26 AM

I disagree the plays were Orton plays until 4 minutes or so when they opened the Tebow play book and decided not to go pointless. I really feel McFox/McCoy was trying to throw this game almost like they had bet on the team to lose in Vegas and was going to make a pile of cash off it. If that wasn't it then they are just Stupid coaches and need fired today or have a royal ass chewing out by Elway. That game was screwed up by the coaching staff for being complete idiots.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 08:27 AM
2 weeks ago...

Not with him as the starting quarterback.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 08:31 AM
I disagree the plays were Orton plays until 4 minutes or so when they opened the Tebow play book and decided not to go pointless. I really feel McFox/McCoy was trying to throw this game almost like they had bet on the team to lose in Vegas and was going to make a pile of cash off it. If that wasn't it then they are just Stupid coaches and need fired today or have a royal ass chewing out by Elway. That game was screwed up by the coaching staff for being complete idiots.

No accroding to Tebow and Fox the plays that they called were all plays he was comfortable with. It's not the coaches fault that Tebow wasn't on target for the majority of the game.

camdisco24
10-24-2011, 09:27 AM
There were a lot of chemistry issues yesterday. I think stuff like that will come with time. But Tebow has GOT to work on accuracy and throwing much quicker. I'm not worried at all because not many QB's come out and look like Tom Brady in their first start. Yes, I basically considered that Tebow's first start because these games actually matter, unlike last year.

McCoy needs to stop calling plays from high school playbooks, and/or the stone age if we want to see Tebow turn into a better passer though.

Northman
10-24-2011, 09:39 AM
People really need to quit with the conspiracy shit. Fox and Elway are not trying to make Tebow fail. The kid is raw, a project and a work in progress. It was his 4th start and he didnt play well for most of the game. While i dont like McCoy's play calling all that much (whether its with Orton or Tebow) it wasnt like the pass plays called were out of the ordinary or extremely difficult to execute. Tebow struggled like i thought he might but also produced at the end like i thought he might. But as someone said yesterday this game still leaves a lot more to question than it does answer. Yes, we know Tebow is a fiery competitor and has that "light" that goes on when it matters and he is fun to watch.

But, he was off target most of the day on some very routine passes. I suspect he will get better but there is no conspiracy to make him fail. If we would of lost yesterday i have to wonder what Fox would of done considering how much he struggled but at the end of the game (much like we've seen before from him) Tebow gives the FO pause to what it is that makes the kid so special. I just think that the next 3-4 weeks will give us a better idea of where he will be at as a passer as he will get more reps with the first string guys and build more chemistry.

vandammage13
10-24-2011, 09:41 AM
Not with him the starting quarterback.

Still a live game...Not sure how that wouldn't count as a live game pass just because he didn't start the game.

Mike
10-24-2011, 09:44 AM
People really need to quit with the conspiracy shit. Fox and Elway are not trying to make Tebow fail. The kid is raw, a project and a work in progress. It was his 4th start and he didnt play well for most of the game. While i dont like McCoy's play calling all that much (whether its with Orton or Tebow) it wasnt like the pass plays called were out of the ordinary or extremely difficult to execute. Tebow struggled like i thought he might but also produced at the end like i thought he might. But as someone said yesterday this game still leaves a lot more to question than it does answer. Yes, we know Tebow is a fiery competitor and has that "light" that goes on when it matters and he is fun to watch.

But, he was off target most of the day on some very routine passes. I suspect he will get better but there is no conspiracy to make him fail. If we would of lost yesterday i have to wonder what Fox would of done considering how much he struggled but at the end of the game (much like we've seen before from him) Tebow gives the FO pause to what it is that makes the kid so special. I just think that the next 3-4 weeks will give us a better idea of where he will be at as a passer as he will get more reps with the first string guys and build more chemistry.

I don't think it is a conspiracy. It is just bad coaching. Stop trying to make him into something he won't be and start designing plays that enhances the player that he is.

underrated29
10-24-2011, 09:45 AM
I don't know why everyone is so surprised. Was there not someone saying this before the game? Was there not someone changing their sign before the game. It had been foreseen the playcalling was going to suck.

But they did not want/try to throw the game. A lot of new guys coaching and playing together mixed with a guy that is not all that good at throwing yet equals what you saw.

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 09:57 AM
Orton would still be the starter if we had a different OC. McCoy just sucks as an OC and if anyone hires him for that position they need to be evaluated for a mental disorder.

GEM
10-24-2011, 10:02 AM
Orton would still be the starter if we had a different OC. McCoy just sucks as an OC and if anyone hires him for that position they need to be evaluated for a mental disorder.

Well.....St Louis did hire McDaniels. :lol:

Cugel
10-24-2011, 10:11 AM

Sorry but this is all wrong. Since the Broncos aren't going to the playoffs this season winning or losing doesn't matter at all except in terms of draft picks.

What matters is that Tebow demonstrates that he can operate from under center like an NFL QB. And he utterly failed that test.

Hopefully he can stop over-thinking his delivery like he did in the last 5 minutes and make some plays in the first 3 quarters.

We just don't know which Tebow we're going to get from here on. Is it going to be the Tebow who seemed to wake up from a long winter's nap in the last 6 minutes? Or is it the Tebow who missed WIDE OPEN WRs by as much as 15 yards for 3 quarters.

For 45 minutes he played so BADLY that I kept thinking "are they going to put this guy out of his misery and put in Brady Quinn?" I mean it was worse than Orton ever did.

And this was the DOLPHINS we're talking about here. The worst team in the NFL. A team that's on suicide watch and a coach who's about to be fired.

We have to play some good teams like the Bears and the Chargers in San Diego. Those teams aren't going to fumble twice in the last 5 minutes to throw the game away. Their defenses aren't going to forget to cover Tebow when everybody in the stadium knows he's going to try and run it in.

So, we'll get a good test to see if Tebow can learn from his blunders. Perhaps it was just nerves in his first game as a starter. There must be enormous pressure on him. He seemed really like a deer in the headlights out there for 3 quarters.

BroncoWave
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM

The problem is not that they called the wrong types of plays for him, the problem was the predictability. I called damn near every play in the first half before we ran it. EVERY SINGLE first down but 1 in the first half was a run up the middle with McGahee, then the second and third down plays were pretty much based on down and distance if we ran or passed. If an idiot like me could predict which plays we were going to run, it can't have been too hard for an NFL defense.

Northman
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
Stop trying to make him into something he won't be and start designing plays that enhances the player that he is.

Well, this within itself is a problem too.

As Atlanta found out and now Philly you can only get so far with a run heavy QB. In order to win championships you need to have a QB who can pass first, run second. At least in this day and age. While Tebow could win a few games doing what he does best to not try and get him to be a better overall QB would be a vast mistake. If Tebow can not adapt into the type of QB that a franchise would need to be to win championships than we need to look at getting one who can. Frankly, i dont buy into this mantra that you need to keep him the way he is. Newton was a run heavy QB in college as well but is taking the necessary steps so far in the NFL to become more balanced leaning more with the pass than run. Thats what you want from a QB who has the type of talent that guys like Vick, Newton, Young, Tebow, etc have.

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 10:20 AM
1qtr 2 pass calls--8 run calls
2qtr 7 pass calls--11 run calls
3qtr 5 pass calls--6 run calls
4qtr 22 pass calls--7 run calls
OT 1 pass call--5 run calls

Like I said Play calling was the problem more then anything.

1st 3qtrs 14 pass 25 run Wow that is awesome play calling
total for game 37 run calls and 37 pass calls

Again I say McCoy does the wrong plays at the wrong time. If the passing would have been more like the 4qtr amount it would have been a route or damn close to it. You run the clock out after you get a good lead not at 0-0 just stupidity.

Mike
10-24-2011, 10:27 AM
Well, this within itself is a problem too.

As Atlanta found out and now Philly you can only get so far with a run heavy QB. In order to win championships you need to have a QB who can pass first, run second. At least in this day and age. While Tebow could win a few games doing what he does best to not try and get him to be a better overall QB would be a vast mistake. If Tebow can not adapt into the type of QB that a franchise would need to be to win championships than we need to look at getting one who can. Frankly, i dont buy into this mantra that you need to keep him the way he is. Newton was a run heavy QB in college as well but is taking the necessary steps so far in the NFL to become more balanced leaning more with the pass than run. Thats what you want from a QB who has the type of talent that guys like Vick, Newton, Young, Tebow, etc have.

I am not talking about making him a running QB. But letting him run an offense that will take advantage of his abilities and put him in a position to have a chance to succeed. Something like what Kubiak did for Plummer.

Juriga72
10-24-2011, 10:28 AM
I am not talking about making him a running QB. But letting him run an offense that will take advantage of his abilities and put him in a position to have a chance to succeed. Something like what Kubiak did for Plummer.

Or even like what Carolina is doing for Newton...

vandammage13
10-24-2011, 10:30 AM

Yeah...Like actually letting the guy throw.

MileHighCrew
10-24-2011, 10:38 AM
It was said best on Mike and Mike this morning, we learned nothing form this game. The Tebow fans will look at the final 5 min and scream he is a winner it was Fox's fault the rest of the game. The rest of the people will point out the fact he over threw Decker on the wide open TD and he threw the ball out the field over a wide open WR. He was horrible for 55 min and you can't count on these come backs every week.
Truth be told we knopw nothing today. Tebow did NOTHING until Miami played a prevent D and then he took advantage of it. Followed by the first recovered onside kick in the 4th recovered in the NFL this year and a really nice throw and catch to Fells.
Prater made a kick we all thought he would make no matter the misses earlier and WOW what a finish. But it still tastes bad.

jlarsiii
10-24-2011, 10:42 AM
The problem is not that they called the wrong types of plays for him, the problem was the predictability. I called damn near every play in the first half before we ran it. EVERY SINGLE first down but 1 in the first half was a run up the middle with McGahee, then the second and third down plays were pretty much based on down and distance if we ran or passed. If an idiot like me could predict which plays we were going to run, it can't have been too hard for an NFL defense.

What did you expect the coaches to call? Did you watch Tebow try to throw during those first three quarters? He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He was so damn off they had no choice but to call running plays.

You all keep trying to lay the blame at the OC's feet, but you really need to look at Tebow's performance. He handcuffed the whole offense with his inability to throw the ball to open receivers...:coffee:

Ravage!!!
10-24-2011, 10:44 AM
They called the plays they needed to to protect Tim. You guys saw the game. Tim was horrendous throughout the game in passing. They know he have to limit the reads, and called plays where he would only have to make a single read. The Dolphins weren't concerned with him beating them with his arm, or getting rid of the ball quickly, and stacked the OL with 8 man blitzes. THe OL isn't made to stop 8 man blitzes. The QB HAS to be able to read that and hit the hot read...getting rid of the ball quickly.

So although Tebow was much worse than I imagined, as I said yesterday, this game doesn't mean much. We'll see what we have in Tim 3-4 weeks down the road.

jlarsiii
10-24-2011, 10:51 AM
It was said best on Mike and Mike this morning, we learned nothing form this game. The Tebow fans will look at the final 5 min and scream he is a winner it was Fox's fault the rest of the game. The rest of the people will point out the fact he over threw Decker on the wide open TD and he threw the ball out the field over a wide open WR. He was horrible for 55 min and you can't count on these come backs every week.
Truth be told we knopw nothing today. Tebow did NOTHING until Miami played a prevent D and then he took advantage of it. Followed by the first recovered onside kick in the 4th recovered in the NFL this year and a really nice throw and catch to Fells.
Prater made a kick we all thought he would make no matter the misses earlier and WOW what a finish. But it still tastes bad.

Excellently put! Agree completely. Could not have put it better myself

They called the plays they needed to to protect Tim. You guys saw the game. Tim was horrendous throughout the game in passing. They know he have to limit the reads, and called plays where he would only have to make a single read. The Dolphins weren't concerned with him beating them with his arm, or getting rid of the ball quickly, and stacked the OL with 8 man blitzes. THe OL isn't made to stop 8 man blitzes. The QB HAS to be able to read that and hit the hot read...getting rid of the ball quickly.

So although Tebow was much worse than I imagined, as I said yesterday, this game doesn't mean much. We'll see what we have in Tim 3-4 weeks down the road.

Completely agree with Rav's post as well.

Northman
10-24-2011, 10:53 AM

Yea, i get that but again even that was limited within itself. As we saw Jake could still only take you so far. I would much rather have a QB who can do everything required and not be limited.

Northman
10-24-2011, 10:55 AM

Yes, but Newton is a pass first QB right now. Thats the difference between him and Tebow at the moment. Newton is also much more accurate at this point.

Northman
10-24-2011, 10:57 AM
What did you expect the coaches to call? Did you watch Tebow try to throw during those first three quarters? He couldn't hit the broad side of a barn. He was so damn off they had no choice but to call running plays.

You all keep trying to lay the blame at the OC's feet, but you really need to look at Tebow's performance. He handcuffed the whole offense with his inability to throw the ball to open receivers...:coffee:

Yea, i dont think people really understand that having Tebow throw 40 times yesterday would of done more harm than good. We were on the road, running the ball was a priority to bring Tebow along slowly especially since he was struggling with his passes. Had Tebow connected and been more accurate my guess is they would of opened it up more but that wasnt in the cards yesterday.

GEM
10-24-2011, 10:57 AM
Tebow is probably not our guy for the extended future. We are stuck with him or Orton this season. I don't understand why people have these high expectations. We are bad all around. I don't go into games with high expectations, then I'm not let down by the first 3 1/2 quarters and get overly excited by the last 8 min + OT.

Do I want more, yea. Do I expect more, no. The reality is we just are not a sound franchise at the moment. I don't put it right on the OC's feet, I don't put it right on Tebow's. Between the 2 of them, we couldn't do shit yesterday until Miami went into prevent. It's going to be a long season. I will take some joy out of that last 8 min + OT, but I don't expect that it will happen a whole lot more this season.

:shrugs:

jlarsiii
10-24-2011, 11:01 AM
Yea, i dont think people really understand that having Tebow throw 40 times yesterday would of done more harm than good. We were on the road, running the ball was a priority to bring Tebow along slowly especially since he was struggling with his passes. Had Tebow connected and been more accurate my guess is they would of opened it up more but that wasnt in the cards yesterday.

Agreed. I too believe that if Tebow had been a bit more consistent with his first throwing attempts then the offense would have been opened up more much earlier in the game.

Cugel
10-24-2011, 11:09 AM

I get the feeling that the Tebowniacs left Planet Earth long ago. :coffee:

If Tebow stinks for 3 quarters and misses wide open WRs by 10 or 15 yards and throws the ball completely out of bounds on some plays and gets sacked 6 times then it's the coach's fault.

If the Dolphins fumble twice in the last 5 minutes and their defense utterly fails to cover anybody and surrenders two easy TDs, then "Tebow is great!!!" :coffee:

I mean, if the Dolphins had simply kicked the frickin' extra point on their last TD, then it's 16-0, not 15-0 and Tebow's last minute heroics are meaningless.

Hopefully it's just opening day jitters and Tebow will settle down and hit some open WRs in the first 3 quarters. Because the Bears and Chargers defense is not going to be as kind to us as the Dolphins.

From here on out the schedule gets rather brutal:

Detroit
@Oakland
@KC
Jets
@Chargers
@Vikings
Bears
Patriots
@Buffalo
KC

Denver could lose all those games, and will be under-dogs in all but the last KC game. They are virtually certain to lose 7 of those games which means 5-11 is about the best they can realistically hope to do and it could be worse. Unless Tebow dramatically improves this might be the high-point of the season.

GEM
10-24-2011, 11:14 AM
I get the feeling that the Tebowniacs left Planet Earth long ago. :coffee:

If Tebow stinks for 3 quarters and misses wide open WRs by 10 or 15 yards and throws the ball completely out of bounds on some plays and gets sacked 6 times then it's the coach's fault.

If the Dolphins fumble twice in the last 5 minutes and their defense utterly fails to cover anybody and surrenders two easy TDs, then "Tebow is great!!!" :coffee:

I mean, if the Dolphins had simply kicked the frickin' extra point on their last TD, then it's 16-0, not 15-0 and Tebow's last minute heroics are meaningless.

Hopefully it's just opening day jitters and Tebow will settle down and hit some open WRs in the first 3 quarters. Because the Bears and Chargers defense is not going to be as kind to us as the Dolphins.

From here on out the schedule gets rather brutal:

Detroit
@Oakland
@KC
Jets
@Chargers
@Vikings
Bears
Patriots
@Buffalo
KC

Denver could lose all those games, and will be under-dogs in all but the last KC game. They are virtually certain to lose 7 of those games which means 5-11 is about the best they can realistically hope to do and it could be worse. Unless Tebow dramatically improves this might be the high-point of the season.

Had Prater made is first 2 field goal attempts, the score would have been 16-6. Then the last minute TD's would have made it 21-16. :lol: Playing devil's advocate. :D

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2011, 11:19 AM
No accroding to Tebow and Fox the plays that they called were all plays he was comfortable with. It's not the coaches fault that Tebow wasn't on target for the majority of the game.

This. If Tebow wants to be an NFL QB, he's going to have to run the plays, as called, in the playbook. Is he going to be great at it from the get go? Obviously not, but how many QBs really are? Tebow looked bad for 3 1/2 quarters. He got exactly what he needed and what we wanted - VALUABLE EXPERIENCE!

People keep on critiquing Tebow's performance and discussing changing the offense for him as if he's a 10 year vet. Let him play, let him learn, and let him get comfortable in this offense and this scheme. We're not going to the playoffs, we're not a great team. Develop and groom your players and for Heaven's sake let them learn and develop before you pull the plug or change things up. Tebow will be better for it and the Broncos will be better for it.

We don't need to run some gimmicky spread all the time because Tim is more comfortable. He's a determined, motivated guy who will do what it takes to learn and get better or he won't and we'll find someone who will. I have a lot of confidence that with no shit practice with the starting offense, no shit coaching like he's the #1 QB, and knowing the type of guy Tebow is, that he'll be able to adapt and be effective in the current scheme.

I'm not talking about the playcalling. I'm not talking about run right, run left, pass with a full blitz on 3rd and long. McCoy needs to get more creative and help Tebow with play action and lots of pre-snap motion to help Tim get a better read on the defense before the snap and help him and the O-line recognize the blitz before it's too late. I don't expect McCoy to change the whole scheme and playbook for Tebow, but there are plenty of ways within our current scheme to help a young QB and we just aren't doing it.

This past week was a learning experience for the Broncos' offense. I just hope they can start fixing the issues.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 11:41 AM
This. If Tebow wants to be an NFL QB, he's going to have to run the plays, as called, in the playbook. Is he going to be great at it from the get go? Obviously not, but how many QBs really are? Tebow looked bad for 3 1/2 quarters. He got exactly what he needed and what we wanted - VALUABLE EXPERIENCE!

People keep on critiquing Tebow's performance and discussing changing the offense for him as if he's a 10 year vet. Let him play, let him learn, and let him get comfortable in this offense and this scheme. We're not going to the playoffs, we're not a great team. Develop and groom your players and for Heaven's sake let them learn and develop before you pull the plug or change things up. Tebow will be better for it and the Broncos will be better for it.

We don't need to run some gimmicky spread all the time because Tim is more comfortable. He's a determined, motivated guy who will do what it takes to learn and get better or he won't and we'll find someone who will. I have a lot of confidence that with no shit practice with the starting offense, no shit coaching like he's the #1 QB, and knowing the type of guy Tebow is, that he'll be able to adapt and be effective in the current scheme.

I'm not talking about the playcalling. I'm not talking about run right, run left, pass with a full blitz on 3rd and long. McCoy needs to get more creative and help Tebow with play action and lots of pre-snap motion to help Tim get a better read on the defense before the snap and help him and the O-line recognize the blitz before it's too late. I don't expect McCoy to change the whole scheme and playbook for Tebow, but there are plenty of ways within our current scheme to help a young QB and we just aren't doing it.

This past week was a learning experience for the Broncos' offense. I just hope they can start fixing the issues.

Maybe it's not so much the plays that were called but when they were called. Then again that in and of itself doesn't mean his passes would have been anymore accurate.

NightTerror218
10-24-2011, 11:53 AM

It is hard to throw really well when you are given 8 passing plays in 3 quarters and twice that in the 4th quarter. He was 3/8 in the first 3 quarters. They barely treated him like a QB with play calling. He had 3/5 passing in the 1st half. Who ever said they were not holding him back was full of it. They ran the ball a lot because they did not know how he would throw. Given he did miss some really wide open receivers but that was only 5 passes. Any given day QBs will miss a wide open WR a couple times a game but with only 8 passes it looks like a lot more.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2011, 12:38 PM
It is hard to throw really well when you are given 8 passing plays in 3 quarters and twice that in the 4th quarter. He was 3/8 in the first 3 quarters. They barely treated him like a QB with play calling. He had 3/5 passing in the 1st half. Who ever said they were not holding him back was full of it. They ran the ball a lot because they did not know how he would throw. Given he did miss some really wide open receivers but that was only 5 passes. Any given day QBs will miss a wide open WR a couple times a game but with only 8 passes it looks like a lot more.

I think the passing stats are a little misleading. He was 3/8, now add in 7 sacks and several scrambles that were called passing plays. If Tebow had gotten the ball out of his hands quicker, there wouldv'e been a lot more attempts, not necessarily completions, but attempts.

If pass plays were called and Tebow took a sack or pulled it down and ran, it was still supposed to be a passing play. I think the numbers are a little skewed. It wasn't as run heavy as everyone is making it out to be.

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 03:00 PM
I think the passing stats are a little misleading. He was 3/8, now add in 7 sacks and several scrambles that were called passing plays. If Tebow had gotten the ball out of his hands quicker, there wouldv'e been a lot more attempts, not necessarily completions, but attempts.

If pass plays were called and Tebow took a sack or pulled it down and ran, it was still supposed to be a passing play. I think the numbers are a little skewed. It wasn't as run heavy as everyone is making it out to be.

I went through the play by play and it was run heavy for 3qtrs in the 4qtr there was 22 pass plays called. In the 3 previous qtrs 15. I have it broke down in a thread around here somewhere and it was thee worst play calling I have ever seen from anyone from Jr. High - NFL. It was a lot like Pee-Wee league football for the first 3 1/2qtrs.

McCoy needs to step down from play calling and hire some High School OC call the plays for him it would be a lot better. Then after this season is over Fire him the same day or the next morning and get a real OC.

T.K.O.
10-24-2011, 03:10 PM
Had Prater made is first 2 field goal attempts, the score would have been 16-6. Then the last minute TD's would have made it 21-16. :lol: Playing devil's advocate. :D

and Tebow would have just ran two 2pt conv. in:D
let's not forget that the whole team was struggling yesterday and we lost our #1 rb .....Tebow deserves much of the blame for the dismal 55 min.,but he also deserves a lot of credit for the W:salute:

Ravage!!!
10-24-2011, 04:51 PM

Thats a great point, 56.

slim
10-24-2011, 04:59 PM
Agreed. I too believe that if Tebow had been a bit more consistent with his first throwing attempts then the offense would have been opened up more much earlier in the game.

This is ridiculous.

He was 3-5 passing in the first half (with one dropped pass).

It wasn't his inconsistency that was limiting the coaches. The coaches were limiting him.

You guys have it backwards.

Nomad
10-24-2011, 05:04 PM
I don't recall but did Tebow have any fumbled snaps from center?!? Or did he improve in that catergory since the previous game?

lgenf
10-24-2011, 05:06 PM

OK Tebow missed some passes that is for sure, but I was at the game and I can tell you that on many of the Run - Run - Pass - Punt series that we had in the first three quarters, that the WRs were just NOT OPEN

that was because the OC was predictable - run - run - pass

a little play action on first down would have done wonders to help soften the secondary a bit and get some easy throws under his belt and get into some kind of rythm

there were some terrible throws - but some of those throws were out of bounds on purpose because no one was open, the throw down the middle of the field was rushed and Tebow put too much on it, that is on him as Decker was just getting open and it would have been a nice TD had it been closer.

I just think people need to remember IT WAS HIS 4th START, if he still looks like he did in 8 games then people can bitch, until then he is a rookie and should be treated as such

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 09:34 PM
OK Tebow missed some passes that is for sure, but I was at the game and I can tell you that on many of the Run - Run - Pass - Punt series that we had in the first three quarters, that the WRs were just NOT OPEN

a little play action on first down would have done wonders to help soften the secondary a bit and get some easy throws under his belt and get into some kind of rythm

there were some terrible throws - but some of those throws were out of bounds on purpose because no one was open, the throw down the middle of the field was rushed and Tebow put too much on it, that is on him as Decker was just getting open and it would have been a nice TD had it been closer.

I just think people need to remember IT WAS HIS 4th START, if he still looks like he did in 8 games then people can bitch, until then he is a rookie and should be treated as such

That is nowhere near competely accurate. On some of those series Tebow just flat assed air mailed some those passe to wide open receiver.

Northman
10-24-2011, 09:39 PM

Isnt that basically what i said?

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 09:41 PM
Isnt that basically what i said?

When you say it's not a conspiracy that changes everything. :D