PDA

View Full Version : Thanks for the win Teboner, now get ready for the bench

Bill Devaroe
10-23-2011, 06:58 PM
Let's all calm down and not get too excited after this win. Tebow was absolutely horrible most of this game. It reminded me or Jarious Jackson, or Chris Simms running this offense. It is time for Him She-Throw to ride the pine and give some one like Webber or Quinn a chance. Or for goodness sake, GO GET DAVID GARRARD!:defense:

Timmy!
10-23-2011, 06:59 PM
cleo lemon where are u!

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

BroncoNut
10-23-2011, 06:59 PM
I think it's too early to tell either way Bill. Let's not get too excited, yes, but let's not also be counterreactive. BTW, You are not the same poster you used to be. You've been awfully negative as of late

battherastard
10-23-2011, 07:02 PM
Damn, Bill, I'm still angry we didn't trade two 1's for Palmer! That way we could have assured a shutout.

BroncoNut
10-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Bill, you are kinda being a dick

BroncoJoe
10-23-2011, 07:09 PM
How was the party Blevins? Sorry MrsBJ and I couldn't make it.

BroncoNut
10-23-2011, 07:10 PM
How was the party Blevins? Sorry MrsBJ and I couldn't make it.

Probably for the better Joe. Bleven's been a bit strange lately

Lancane
10-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Bill, you are kinda being a dick

So am I nut, even though I'm not saying to 'bench' Tebow, what I saw today was some of the most horrendous quarterbacking I've ever witnessed since my Pop-Warner days twenty some odd years ago...we might as well have used a Pop-Warner playbook for the game.

Anyone who thinks Tebow had a good game or looked promising is flat out lying to themselves; the defense kept us in the game...and the win may have come because of Tebow, but other then that one positive, most of what I saw was not promising...not at all.

Bill I am sure wants a competitive offense, we should all want that. But had we played New England, Green Bay, Baltimore or New Orleans, even Carolina this team would have been downright slaughtered.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2011, 07:12 PM
Probably for the better Joe. Bleven's been a bit strange lately

Well, I did have to clean out the dryer vent, scrub the fireplace insert and make sure all the pictures in the house are hanging straight.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-23-2011, 07:25 PM
So am I nut, even though I'm not saying to 'bench' Tebow, what I saw today was some of the most horrendous quarterbacking I've ever witnessed since my Pop-Warner days twenty some odd years ago...we might as well have used a Pop-Warner playbook for the game.

Anyone who thinks Tebow had a good game or looked promising is flat out lying to themselves; the defense kept us in the game...and the win may have come because of Tebow, but other then that one positive, most of what I saw was not promising...not at all.

Bill I am sure wants a competitive offense, we should all want that. But had we played New England, Green Bay, Baltimore or New Orleans, even Carolina this team would have been downright slaughtered.

I guess we should just forfeit the rest of the season then because we can't play Miami every week and we're guaranteed to lose to everyone else. Every game is different and plays out differently. Can't we just be happy for a win? For ****'s sake, why in the hell is everybody so damned pissed off that we won? I'm excited to see what the future holds for this team. Sure, Tebow looked like a complete shit sandwich for the first 3 1/2 quarters, but WE WON THE DAMNED GAME! We're a shitty team right now, it's not a surprise, enjoy it when you can!

Had John Elway played like shit for 3 1/2 quarters (yes, he actually has before) and led us to a win, it was just Elway being Elway. When anyone else does it it's "luck" or it's because the other team didn't play well. Give the Broncos credit for not quitting like a bunch of pussies, gutting it out and getting the win.

sneakers
10-23-2011, 07:26 PM
:love: Bill :love:

BroncoJoe
10-23-2011, 07:27 PM
It ceases to be luck when it happens time and time again.

hotcarl
10-23-2011, 07:32 PM
that was the most embarassing qb performance i have ever seen as a denver broncos fan

that was the most amazing comeback i have seen as a broncos fan

good luck idiots

broncosfannum24
10-23-2011, 07:33 PM
All tebow wants is to be unleashed and not to be held on such a short collar, even tom brady couldnt do much if his coordinator was conservative like mccoy was today, on top of that he had no time to throw it, yes held on the ball to long but his recivers obviously werent open at times, also you had a rookie tackle guarding his blind side against a guy who had double digit sacks, this game wasnt in tebows favor but he wins that simple, so bottom line this is what is going against him
Conservative play call.
Rookie tackle versus a pro bowl end on his blind side, with no help from the rest of the line.
Traded his favorite and best reciver.
Practied with recivers he hasnt played with almost all season ( royal, D.thomas, J.thomas, matt willis.) So no chemistry
And believe or not had to play against a good defense statistically.
So give him a chance, we won the game bottom line he did something in 1 game that orton did in the past 5 games, and did i mention that this is tebows 4 game? Without an offseason to prepare so dont be to quick to write him off dont be a dick and give him a chance

I Eat Staples
10-23-2011, 07:34 PM
I guess we should just forfeit the rest of the season then because we can't play Miami every week and we're guaranteed to lose to everyone else. Every game is different and plays out differently. Can't we just be happy for a win? For ****'s sake, why in the hell is everybody so damned pissed off that we won? I'm excited to see what the future holds for this team. Sure, Tebow looked like a complete shit sandwich for the first 3 1/2 quarters, but WE WON THE DAMNED GAME! We're a shitty team right now, it's not a surprise, enjoy it when you can!

Had John Elway played like shit for 3 1/2 quarters (yes, he actually has before) and led us to a win, it was just Elway being Elway. When anyone else does it it's "luck" or it's because the other team didn't play well. Give the Broncos credit for not quitting like a bunch of pussies, gutting it out and getting the win.

Tebow is no Elway. Elway was actually a good QB.

chazoe60
10-23-2011, 07:37 PM
Why isn't this abortion of a thread in the black hole yet?

Seriously, my cat could jump across the keyboard and come up with more intelligent shit than this.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2011, 07:38 PM
Bill, aka Blevdog, is a passionate fan.

Lancane
10-23-2011, 07:38 PM

Elway didn't get the chance to sit behind another quarterback and develop for long, he was pretty much thrown to the wolves. And I guess I must remind you that he showed his talent in his second season, leading Denver to the playoffs. Did he have bad games? Yeah, but he was a quarterback and you could see his promise early on...I don't see that promise in Tebow.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Tebow is no Elway. Elway was actually a good QB.

You keep saying that. How was he after 4 starts? Shall we look at his stats? Everyone knows John Elway is a legend, but none of the guys we call HOF QBs were HOF QBs in their 4th game. Get over yourself, you look like you just can't be happy with a win. Some people will complain about ANYTHING.

BroncoJoe
10-23-2011, 07:39 PM
Yep. It sucks we lost.

Broncomarkie
10-23-2011, 07:40 PM
Its only his first start of the season....lets give him time, and make our judgments at the end of the season.

sneakers
10-23-2011, 07:41 PM
lol

Lancane
10-23-2011, 07:44 PM
Yep. It sucks we lost.

Joe, it's good we won. I mean it's all about winning now, right? Then what do we say about the future? Will you feel the same when we're 4-12, or the same next year if we remain much the same and are 6-10? Is winning really enough? Or is competing in the division and getting to the playoffs more important then simply winning against a crap team that for the most part should have won? Just curious. Because I've always felt it's where you went overall for the season that mattered more then one game, and had we played most teams in this league - not Miami, but Detroit, New England and so forth, do you see us winning?

BroncoJoe
10-23-2011, 07:45 PM
I guess you'd have a point if the Broncos were the most important thing in my life.

hotcarl
10-23-2011, 07:50 PM
tardbowl 2011

HORSEPOWER 56
Elway didn't get the chance to sit behind another quarterback and develop for long, he was pretty much thrown to the wolves. And I guess I must remind you that he showed his talent in his second season, leading Denver to the playoffs. Did he have bad games? Yeah, but he was a quarterback and you could see his promise early on...I don't see that promise in Tebow.

So, you saw that "promise" after his first four games? C'mon man, his stats and play were garbage and you know it. That's like saying you saw Steve Young's "promise" after 4 games playing for Tampa Bay...

Everyone knows Elway now and what he became, so revisionist history is easy. Elway sucked his first couple of games - his first 11 to be exact 7 TDs, 14 INTs, 1600yds passing, 47% completions - promise? Okay dude. You saw a rookie taking his lumps. How is Tebow really any different?

The difference is, in today's NFL every play is dissected and instant media critiquing is RAMPANT. We were just happy to have a young QB with potential back in '83 and we understood that QBs take time to develop. Not any more, if you don't fly from your mom's vagina slinging TD passes with perfect footwork and throwing motion then you'll never be shit and won't win anything...

... unless of course you're a black QB, then they make you the #1 overall pick.

Lancane
I guess you'd have a point if the Broncos were the most important thing in my life.

Fair point, but I am a passionate fan...they're not the most important thing in my life, but that doesn't mean that I should have no love for them as a fan. And we both know that there are tons of fans more married to the Broncos then to anything else, including their own jobs.

The point I am making still stands though Joe, because we fans do have emotional ties to the team, not all...but a fair number.

RebelRocker
10-23-2011, 07:55 PM
Damn, Bill, I'm still angry we didn't trade two 1's for Palmer! That way we could have assured a shutout.

Palmer is a real closer, no doubt about it. :D

BroncoJoe
Fair point, but I am a passionate fan...they're not the most important thing in my life, but that doesn't mean that I should have no love for them as a fan. And we both know that there are tons of fans more married to the Broncos then to anything else, including their own jobs.

The point I am making still stands though Joe, because we fans do have emotional ties to the team, not all...but a fair number.

I'm just as passionate as the next guy. Based on the past, I'm willing to see what happens before throwing in the towel.

I Eat Staples
You keep saying that. How was he after 4 starts? Shall we look at his stats? Everyone knows John Elway is a legend, but none of the guys we call HOF QBs were HOF QBs in their 4th game. Get over yourself, you look like you just can't be happy with a win. Some people will complain about ANYTHING.

Well forget stats. Elway did play poorly in his first 4 starts, but the major difference was that Elway was an amazing QB prospect coming into the league. He had the mechanics, arm strength, accuracy, ability to read defenses, footwork, etc that you need to be an elite QB. Tebow doesn't have any of those things except for arm strength.

If Tebow was an Elway-like prospect, I'd be much more patient. But when a player who is heavily criticized lives up to all the criticisms, its tough to be patient.

NameUsedBefore
10-23-2011, 08:15 PM
Winning this game was the worst thing to ever happen to this franchise!

I need a rainy night to go running through in slow motion.

Lancane
10-23-2011, 08:25 PM

Maybe I'll feel better about it later, I just have a hard time swallowing how bad the offense was NUB, win or lose. There are somethings I absolutely love about Tebow, his passion and drive to win, his infectious personality...but he looked bad and I'm having a hard time swallowing it, so maybe that's on me. But I expect more, maybe too much. Not everyone can be Cam Newton, Aaron Rodgers, Phillip Rivers or even Tom Brady.

lgenf
10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
Yeah you're right bill his fourth start and he's 2-2 he sux

You're unbelievable, way to troll!

SoCalImport
10-23-2011, 08:40 PM
there were plenty of times that a quick accurate throw would've moved the chains. I love what everyone else loves about Tebow, but I'm sure he'd be the first to admit that his play was horrible for almost the whole game. I mean it was just ugly. His decision to throw and subsequent throw seem to happen in slow motion. Awesome, amazing comback, but we can't count on stuff like that.
I will continue to hope he catches up with the game especially since there's no chance we get Luck or even Jones with the way Indi and Miami look.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-23-2011, 08:41 PM
Well forget stats. Elway did play poorly in his first 4 starts, but the major difference was that Elway was an amazing QB prospect coming into the league. He had the mechanics, arm strength, accuracy, ability to read defenses, footwork, etc that you need to be an elite QB. Tebow doesn't have any of those things except for arm strength.

If Tebow was an Elway-like prospect, I'd be much more patient. But when a player who is heavily criticized lives up to all the criticisms, its tough to be patient.

So, because Elway was a good prospect he gets a pass on playing like shit in hopes he'll develop but because dipshits like Merrill Hoge and Mel Kiper don't like Tebow, then we should throw in the towel after 4 starts and a 2-2 record. Dude, that is the WORST philosophy about a young QB I've ever seen. Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russel were top prospects. The list is as long as your arm full of top prospects that didn't do shit but cost a lot of money. Tebow looks like shit in a win and he's definitely not worth further evaluation? So, if we draft Luck and he goes 0-16 for 4 straight years is that sufficient to get rid of him because he was a "top prospect"? How long does he get? More than four games I hope. Unbelievable.

Geez the media has absolutely RUINED the average football fan into believing they know shit about players, prospects, and the game itself. Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Mike Mayock, and the rest of them who can throw out their evaluations with no repercussions are ruining football. I remember a day when every player wasn't tried, convicted, and sentenced to the bench or out of football after a bad game or a bad couple of games - especially if they were winning...

NameUsedBefore
10-23-2011, 08:45 PM
Alex Smith got seven years of playtime, coaches and schemes and is still playing.

I'm not sold either, but I think we can watch more than a few games of Tebow before abandoning ship.

Agent of Orange
10-23-2011, 08:48 PM
Yeah you're right bill his fourth start and he's 2-2 he sux

You're unbelievable, way to troll!

The team is 2-2 with Tebow at QB. The same teams with Orton have been 4-14.

nevcraw
10-23-2011, 08:57 PM
they won in a place they never win. they overcame a ton of f ups and still won. we did it with a raw, tough qb that needs to grow while playing.. all and all it's a win.. and I will gladly take it.

Davii
10-23-2011, 09:23 PM
You know... It was a team win. The D kept us in it, the ST put us in it, and when it mattered the O won it.

Tebow clearly needs a lot of work. The play calling was terrible and obvious, tebow was very rough, but... I think he will improve where he needs to. I for one an willing to be patient and hopefully watch him grow.

Dreadnought
10-23-2011, 09:44 PM
You know... It was a team win. The D kept us in it, the ST put us in it, and when it mattered the O won it.

Tebow clearly needs a lot of work. The play calling was terrible and obvious, tebow was very rough, but... I think he will improve where he needs to. I for one an willing to be patient and hopefully watch him grow.

Geez - its almost like some guys would have preferred a humilating defeat for no better reason than to thump their chests and claim they were right :lol:

Well, might as well get behind Tebow, because while we aren't a good team right now we aren't in the bottom five or so either. he's the QB for this year at a minimum and probably the next as well. He sucked the big one for most of this game and won it anyways. I'd rather he got his shit together, say, in the 1st Quarter, but I'm glad we got a guy who plays his best when it matters most.

jlarsiii
10-23-2011, 10:01 PM
Geez - its almost like some guys would have preferred a humilating defeat for no better reason than to thump their chests and claim they were right :lol:

Well, might as well get behind Tebow, because while we aren't a good team right now we aren't in the bottom five or so either. he's the QB for this year at a minimum and probably the next as well. He sucked the big one for most of this game and won it anyways. I'd rather he got his shit together, say, in the 1st Quarter, but I'm glad we got a guy who plays his best when it matters most.

And who are you referring to? When it matters most is when they are playing a game on Sunday, and no one played their best for most of the game against a horrible team...

The sun shines on a dog's ass every now and again but I sure as heck don't want to hang my hat on that "luck" every damn week...:coffee:

PS. With a stud FB...I mean QB at the helm how does the offense not make a 3rd down conversion until deep into the 2nd half? This is our FQB? I need a drink...

Locnar
10-23-2011, 10:21 PM
Even though his play was atrocious it leaves me wanting more.. If he can play that bad and still lead a come back, just think what he can do if he even becomes an average quarterback..

pikkiwoki
10-23-2011, 10:27 PM

I saw some promise in his first two starts of last season (not so much in last season's finale vs SD).

But this year, when he came in for the 2nd half vs SD, and in this last game @MIA, he has looked putrid as a passer. To me it looks like he has regressed.

Lancane
10-23-2011, 10:27 PM
Even though his play was atrocious it leaves me wanting more.. If he can play that bad and still lead a come back, just think what he can do if he even becomes an average quarterback..

Think about what he could do if someone taught him how to throw and make reads, pump fake and whole lot of other stuff.

;)

Magnificent Seven
10-23-2011, 10:32 PM
Give Tebow a chance. He was very rusty on his first full time job. He worked harder to bring the team back and won this sloppy game. He will study his mistakes, practice harder, and hardest. He will play harder on special orange day against the Lions. I believe in him. I believe he will play much better on his 2nd full time job on this Sunday.

Cheers!

Lancane
10-23-2011, 10:33 PM
I saw some promise in his first two starts of last season (not so much in last season's finale vs SD).

But this year, when he came in for the 2nd half vs SD, and in this last game @MIA, he has looked putrid as a passer. To me it looks like he has regressed.

Thank you, that's what I feel as well.

He wasn't even as bad against Oakland last year, he improved except the offense changed, by the time we played San Diego last season we were running what looked a whole hell of a lot like the Urban Meyer's offense, and supposedly that's what we ran a lot of today? His best game was against Houston, he looked questionable at times in pre-season, but in that last pre-season game, he finally looked like he got it, then in the last two games, no matter the comeback and near comeback, he looked to have regressed. Maybe the blame lies on the shoulders of McCoy and Fox, but it's not that promising when your quarterback regresses because of change.

NightTerror218
10-23-2011, 10:38 PM
Bill jump of cliff. BTW Gerrard had surgery out for season.

Love
real Broncos fans

I Eat Staples
10-23-2011, 10:41 PM
So, because Elway was a good prospect he gets a pass on playing like shit in hopes he'll develop but because dipshits like Merrill Hoge and Mel Kiper don't like Tebow, then we should throw in the towel after 4 starts and a 2-2 record. Dude, that is the WORST philosophy about a young QB I've ever seen. Ryan Leaf and Jamarcus Russel were top prospects. The list is as long as your arm full of top prospects that didn't do shit but cost a lot of money. Tebow looks like shit in a win and he's definitely not worth further evaluation? So, if we draft Luck and he goes 0-16 for 4 straight years is that sufficient to get rid of him because he was a "top prospect"? How long does he get? More than four games I hope. Unbelievable.

Geez the media has absolutely RUINED the average football fan into believing they know shit about players, prospects, and the game itself. Mel Kiper, Todd McShay, Mike Mayock, and the rest of them who can throw out their evaluations with no repercussions are ruining football. I remember a day when every player wasn't tried, convicted, and sentenced to the bench or out of football after a bad game or a bad couple of games - especially if they were winning...

I never said Tebow isn't worth further evaluation? Its not like we have a better option at this point, I've already said that its best to let him play this year, Orton is done, and Quinn has little to no upside. So I'm giving Tebow this season to show what he can do. If he plays like he did today for the rest of the year, we need to draft a QB. If Andrew Luck played as poorly as Tebow did today for an entire season, I'd give up on him too.

I don't need Hodge, Kiper, or McShay to help me evaluate an NFL player. I'm no expert, so my evaluation has as much credibility or lack thereof as any poster on this board. Those "experts" just share the same opinion of a player as me, if I bring them up I'm just using them to show expert support for my argument, I'm not saying my opinion of Tebow is determined or even influenced by them. Judging Tebow with my own eyes and my own knowledge of football, I believe he won't be a good NFL QB, regardless of what anyone else says. But the fact that these "experts" share that opinion obviously shows I'm not just stabbing in the dark.

jlarsiii
10-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Give Tebow a chance. He was very rusty on his first full time job. He worked harder to bring the team back and won this sloppy game. He will study his mistakes, practice harder, and hardest. He will play harder on special orange day against the Lions. I believe in him. I believe he will play much better on his 2nd full time job on this Sunday.

Cheers!

He was rusty after having the bye week to prep? That is your excuse for a 2nd year player? Really?:coffee:

BroncoNut
10-23-2011, 10:48 PM

I'm sure it wasn't anything too impressive. I only saw the last 6 minutes. btw, I'm not a tebowner at all. Glad the change has been made, but I'm not all about that.

Magnificent Seven
10-23-2011, 10:50 PM
He was rusty after having the bye week to prep? That is your excuse for a 2nd year player? Really?:coffee:

He didn't play full time since Jan. 2011. He was rusty on his first full game.

MileHiWildcat
10-23-2011, 10:52 PM
This is the dumbest thread of the year. Go away hater. Unlike Charlie Sheen, Tim Tebow is a REAL Winner.

MileHiWildcat
10-23-2011, 10:53 PM
I never said Tebow isn't worth further evaluation? Its not like we have a better option at this point, I've already said that its best to let him play this year, Orton is done, and Quinn has little to no upside. So I'm giving Tebow this season to show what he can do. If he plays like he did today for the rest of the year, we need to draft a QB. If Andrew Luck played as poorly as Tebow did today for an entire season, I'd give up on him too.

I don't need Hodge, Kiper, or McShay to help me evaluate an NFL player. I'm no expert, so my evaluation has as much credibility or lack thereof as any poster on this board. Those "experts" just share the same opinion of a player as me, if I bring them up I'm just using them to show expert support for my argument, I'm not saying my opinion of Tebow is determined or even influenced by them. Judging Tebow with my own eyes and my own knowledge of football, I believe he won't be a good NFL QB, regardless of what anyone else says. But the fact that these "experts" share that opinion obviously shows I'm not just stabbing in the dark.

Hey genius. You do realize that TT does not call the plays, right ?

MileHiWildcat
10-23-2011, 10:56 PM

This could be the stupidest post I have read on ANY sports message board.

I Eat Staples
10-23-2011, 10:57 PM

Hey genius, you do realize that I've criticized McCoy in several threads and mentioned nothing about the play calling in that post, right? Do you read any posts at all or do you just quote and troll?

MileHiWildcat
10-23-2011, 11:01 PM
Hey genius, you do realize that I've criticized McCoy in several threads and mentioned nothing about the play calling in that post, right? Do you read any posts at all or do you just quote and troll?

Jump off a bridge.

Lancane
10-23-2011, 11:04 PM
I'm sure it wasn't anything too impressive. I only saw the last 6 minutes. btw, I'm not a tebowner at all. Glad the change has been made, but I'm not all about that.

Nut, it's worse then you think...far worse. I've never been so utterly disgusted as a fan, it was like watching a horrible version of Dan Reeves offense with an inept quarterback, it was like; run - stuffed run - incomplete pass, stuffed run - run - incomplete pass, run - stuffed run - Tebow run, run - stuffed run - complete short pass, stuffed run - run - incomplete pass...you get the idea, come half-time I was hoping for a monsoon so the team could have more practice time!

chazoe60
10-23-2011, 11:10 PM
Lets just enjoy the next 10 games no matter how they go. We'll find out one way or another

jlarsiii
10-23-2011, 11:10 PM
He didn't play full time since Jan. 2011. He was rusty on his first full game.

Right, because he isn't a professional athlete paid to ply his trade...:coffee:

I forget that he didn't get to enjoy a pre-season, or play in said pre-season, or participate in practices or meetings or anything like that from the pre-season until the current date. He didn't get to play a full half before the bye week, and he wasn't told he was going to be the starter so he had no time to get ready during the bye week for the last game.

So, what is the excuse next week when he looks bad for most of the game (if not all of it)?

Lancane
10-23-2011, 11:14 PM

You do realize that he's the one throwing the ball, or whatever you called that crap...right? He threw wobbly, inaccurate passes for most of the game, that's not on the coordinator, only the bad game plan and play calling is on him.

chazoe60
10-23-2011, 11:23 PM
I don't think there's any denying that Tebow sucked for more than 3 quarters, and there's no denying that McCoy sucked in his playcalling for the same time period.

There is also no denying that come crunch time there is something special that clicks within Tim Tebow, and it seems McCoy recognizes it and phlls his head out as well.

Can Tebow find that magic earlier? I don't know, but I'm hopeful. Can McCoy pull his head out earlier? I don't know, but I'm hopeful.

Lets just see what happens. We don't have any better options, that much we do know.

nevcraw
10-23-2011, 11:25 PM
You do realize that he's the one throwing the ball, or whatever you called that crap...right? He threw wobbly, inaccurate passes for most of the game, that's not on the coordinator, only the bad game plan and play calling is on him.

you do realize that he through 4 times in the first half and none except for that bad throw over royal's head was a high completion type pass? get some perspective dude..

Lancane
10-23-2011, 11:32 PM
you do realize that he through 4 times in the first half and none except for that bad throw over royal's head was a high completion type pass? get some perspective dude..

Nev, the passing game was horrid throughout the first three quarters, it's not like he didn't have other options that were open down field, and the completions he did have were more due to the receivers catching at their ankles or with the full extension of their bodies...it was a bad day for Tim, period. He even said as much, so that sort of makes your argument moot.

:coffee:

I Eat Staples
10-23-2011, 11:37 PM
Jump off a bridge.

You do such an excellent job of supporting your argument.

NightTerror218
10-23-2011, 11:47 PM
Lancane to bad he led us to 15 points in 4th quarter and helped win the game. Dang I hate when we win

battherastard
10-23-2011, 11:50 PM
Let's all calm down and not get too excited after this win. Tebow was absolutely horrible most of this game. It reminded me or Jarious Jackson, or Chris Simms running this offense. It is time for Him She-Throw to ride the pine and give some one like Webber or Quinn a chance. Or for goodness sake, GO GET DAVID GARRARD!:defense:
Yeah get Garrard who's having back surgery...

nevcraw
10-23-2011, 11:54 PM
Nev, the passing game was horrid throughout the first three quarters, it's not like he didn't have other options that were open down field, and the completions he did have were more due to the receivers catching at their ankles or with the full extension of their bodies...it was a bad day for Tim, period. He even said as much, so that sort of makes your argument moot.

:coffee:

i'm not saying the 4th start qb did not struggle ---

For the majority of the game they tried to make it a ball control run oriented offense. when he did throw they were bombs (low % completion throws). it was not until the the latter part of game they opened it up. they did not give him much help on ol support or play calling.. perspective on the experience and play calling has to be considered in this..

This is nothing new to bronco country..Dan Reeves v. Elway was filled with game plan vs. reality was always in question..

Lancane
10-23-2011, 11:56 PM
Lancane to bad he led us to 15 points in 4th quarter and helped win the game. Dang I hate when we win

There is more to a game then one quarter, Phidelt... After all, wasn't it your argument against Orton, that he only seemed to play one quarter of football and then seemed to give up? Tebow might not give up, but be careful of the hypocrisy, it can come back to bite you in the ass.

Wow, we won...even though we looked like shit in the process and the fact it was more boring then watching Orton (Another overused, Pro-Tebow comment) for most of the game.

Look, I'm glad we won...I really am, it's just that the win didn't give me warm fuzzy feelings of a promising future!

BroncoJoe
10-24-2011, 12:00 AM
This game reminded me of someone on a date with a really hot chick. You spend all this time dining, then a movie, then maybe coffee and some incredibly boring chit-chat.

Oh, but that final 3-5 minutes made the evening TOTALLY worthwhile.

Flex040679
10-24-2011, 12:05 AM
Horrible play calling helps a lot.... not to mention Orlando Franklin not holding a block all day long (you probly didn't notice) ... it looked like to me that plays were called (not to lose) instead of going out there to WIN the game like normal teams do..

Even in OT they played not to lose.... run run run punt is a joke for the guy who just scored 2 touchdowns in 3 minutes

I Eat Staples
10-24-2011, 12:20 AM
I'm happy we won, every Broncos fan is happy we won. But when evaluating the future of one player, or the team as a whole, you look beyond wins and losses. We looked like garbage against one of the worst teams in the NFL despite narrowly pulling out the win. So yes, I'm happy we won. But this game foreshadows bad things for our future.

I REALLY don't see what's so hard to understand about that. If you disagree, you're entitled to your opinion, but saying we should just celebrate the win rather than evaluate its relevance to our future sort of defeats the purpose of discussing football on a message board.

horsepig
10-24-2011, 02:06 AM
Boohoo.

Lancane
10-24-2011, 03:07 AM
This game reminded me of someone on a date with a really hot chick. You spend all this time dining, then a movie, then maybe coffee and some incredibly boring chit-chat.

Oh, but that final 3-5 minutes made the evening TOTALLY worthwhile.

3 - 5 minutes! :shocked:

Get this man some viagra!!! :lol:

Thor
10-24-2011, 06:05 AM
Wow! This is a tough crowd! I wonder if Aaron Rodgers, Tom Brady, or Phillip Rivers would have survived as a Bronco. We all knew that Tebow was a project player when he was drafted. It was going to take two or three years for him to develope. What we need to do is exercise a little patience. Green Bay, New England, and San diego were patient with the QB's I mentioned above and look how they turned out. Each of them spent atleast two years riding the bench learning how to be a QB, Tebow is only in his second year and already with his second coach and second offense. None of this is good for a young developing QB. I would prefere Tebow to ride the bench the rest of this year and turn the team over to him next year but hey, that's not going to happen. I also know Tebow is going to suck for a while, but I'm willing to wait because he has shown me three things I like. He has heart, drive, and knows he needs to work hard to improve. I would just hate for us to cut him loose after only four games then watch him become something special for another team. I'm tired of watching ex-Broncos having good careers.

Juriga72
10-24-2011, 07:25 AM
Hmmmmmm How come all the Orton jock sniffers LOVED to tell us "He just wins games!!!!"...

Yet NOW they want a HOF qb who throws for 300 yards and 4 td'severy game. Myself.. I'll take a qb who's "4th quarter close game" qbr is 111.8 ... unlike the other qb "Who just wins games"

HammeredOut
10-24-2011, 08:39 AM
I thought that for three and a half quarters, Tebow was pretty ineffective. The Broncos Offense never had any rhythm, and next to the Seattle/Cleveland game, this was the second worst game of the day.

Tebow did his thing, and led the team to 18 points. He was sacked 7 times, threw for a less then 50% completion percentage, and until about 4 minutes left in the game, Tebow had more Running yards then passing yards.

I would call this a win for the Bronco Defense. The last time they held a defense to under 15 points was sept.9 last season vs. Seattle. Most importantly, the Broncos Defense held Danial Thomas to 53 yards, and only 92 total yards on the ground. This season, our defense has been doing a good, patch-up job of stopping the run and that was the key to beating Miami. The Broncos proved that the worst team in the NFL, couldn't sneak in a win against them. This is a good practice game for Tebow, now lets see how we play against the division.

If the Broncos defense can hold teams to 15 points and under, we can win those games, Kyle Orton won every game when his defense held the opposing teams to under 15 points. We know Orton by history could do the same thing, and beat teams.

It was an ugly win, but we are the best 5-11 team in the league.

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 08:42 AM

Yes it looked like Orton running the Offense vs. the chargers, but difference is Tebow don't quite like Orton did the day he came to Denver. Another Difference is Tebow lead the team to a win not a lose. Could Orton have won that game being down 15 with 2:44 game time to go or even tied it? I say hell no he wouldn't have. Also you are complaining about a 4 start QB vs an 8 year vet.

Juriga72
10-24-2011, 08:50 AM
[QUOTE=HammeredOut;1410845IIf the Broncos defense can hold teams to 15 points and under, we can win those games, Kyle Orton won every game when his defense held the opposing teams to under 15 points. We know Orton by history could do the same thing, and beat teams.

It was an ugly win, but we are the best 5-11 team in the league.[/QUOTE]

Really.... So the miracle pass to win the Bungals game in 2009 AND the KC game we lost 6-10 proves this how again?

What about the 11 games "Kyel led us to LESS than 15 points?" or as we like to say.... 44% of HIS starts....

HammeredOut
10-24-2011, 09:10 AM
Really.... So the miracle pass to win the Bungals game in 2009 AND the KC game we lost 6-10 proves this how again?

What about the 11 games "Kyel led us to LESS than 15 points?" or as we like to say.... 44% of HIS starts....

That may be attibuted to the fact his non of running backs could never ring up over 100 yards on the game individually on the ground. Only 2 times since Knowshow was drafted, he has given the Broncos offense 100 yards or more on the ground.

I like that stat though.. 15 points or less in 44% of his starts, again, this is because of the leagues worst rushing game.

The other is, comparing defense to defense. only 2 times in the past 2 seasons has the Broncos Defense held a team to under 15 points.

Shazam!
10-24-2011, 09:30 AM
Garbage thread.

BroncoNut
10-24-2011, 09:34 AM
^ yeah, pretty stupid.

jhns
10-24-2011, 09:35 AM

LOL

His only positive was that he won us the game? Isn't that the only objective?

Tebow is 2-2 with one of the worst teams in football. His offense averages more points than it did with Orton. This team is 4-14 from the start of ladt season, when Tebow doesn't play. That is very impressive for his first four starts. Especially with the high school play calling. He isn't going to look pretty when they call QB draws on almost every third down...

nevcraw
10-24-2011, 09:44 AM
I'm happy we won, every Broncos fan is happy we won. But when evaluating the future of one player, or the team as a whole, you look beyond wins and losses. We looked like garbage against one of the worst teams in the NFL despite narrowly pulling out the win. So yes, I'm happy we won. But this game foreshadows bad things for our future.

I REALLY don't see what's so hard to understand about that. If you disagree, you're entitled to your opinion, but saying we should just celebrate the win rather than evaluate its relevance to our future sort of defeats the purpose of discussing football on a message board.

I don't know about you but for me, one game does provide enough info either way to predict the future. Maybe i just don't have the forsight or special powers to do so..

Juriga72
10-24-2011, 10:43 AM
That may be attibuted to the fact his non of running backs could never ring up over 100 yards on the game individually on the ground. Only 2 times since Knowshow was drafted, he has given the Broncos offense 100 yards or more on the ground.

I like that stat though.. 15 points or less in 44% of his starts, again, this is because of the leagues worst rushing game.

The other is, comparing defense to defense. only 2 times in the past 2 seasons has the Broncos Defense held a team to under 15 points.

???

Funny how it was "Cutler can only win when the defense holds them to less than 21 points"... now its 15.

Kyle Orton had his defense hold the opposition to 15 or less:
6 times in 2009- (6-0)
2 times in 2010- (1-1)

7 of Kyle's 12 wins came in these "Defense WON it not our offense" games- 58.3 % of them

NightTerror218
10-24-2011, 11:42 AM
There is more to a game then one quarter, Phidelt... After all, wasn't it your argument against Orton, that he only seemed to play one quarter of football and then seemed to give up? Tebow might not give up, but be careful of the hypocrisy, it can come back to bite you in the ass.

Wow, we won...even though we looked like shit in the process and the fact it was more boring then watching Orton (Another overused, Pro-Tebow comment) for most of the game.

Look, I'm glad we won...I really am, it's just that the win didn't give me warm fuzzy feelings of a promising future!

Actually that was not me. I said ORton sucks period, goes into fetal position with pressure and was TO happy (was leader until this weekend). I also said he SUCKED in the 4th quarter.

What stick was shoved so far up your rear that you came in here all butt hurt? We won a game, who cares if it was ugly. For a 4th start, i will take it. If it was the last game of the season, 15th start and he is still doing this, the welcome new QB. But the fact he does not have the work in with the 1st string to get timing down and a new starter, he can have some space. But he def. needs to improve to being a QB anywhere in this league. But if he can play 4 quarters like he has been playing in the 4th, then I will be happy.

HammeredOut
10-24-2011, 11:58 AM
???

Funny how it was "Cutler can only win when the defense holds them to less than 21 points"... now its 15.

Kyle Orton had his defense hold the opposition to 15 or less:
6 times in 2009- (6-0)
2 times in 2010- (1-1)

7 of Kyle's 12 wins came in these "Defense WON it not our offense" games- 58.3 % of them

This season, and last season, I wasn't lying about the stat. You did cherry pick, and go back another year, but fair enough.

Since 09' guys like Big Roth are 11-1 when his team has given up 15 points or less. 18 times out of 39 games has teams like the Steelers held hits opponents to 18 points or under going 14-4.

Mark Sanchaz team held opponents to under 18 points and went 11-5 since 09'.

My point is, that if guys like Roth and Sanchaz are still losing when holding teams to under 18 points. So is Orton a better QB when his defense shows up . According to the numbers. I think Orton may have an advantage.

Buckin' Gator
10-24-2011, 12:42 PM
Let's all calm down and not get too excited after this win. Tebow was absolutely horrible most of this game.
It reminded me or Jarious Jackson, or Chris Simms running this offense. It is time for Him She-Throw to ride the pine and give
some one like Webber or Quinn a chance. Or for goodness sake, GO GET DAVID GARRARD!:defense:

Bronco 2011 Preseason PER's: Tebow 108, Orton 104, da neutered lame's 'Mighty' Quinn 69.
But some idiots claimed that Orton 'out played' Tebow in the preseason.
And even bigger IGNORANT idiots claimed that Quinn had earned the 2nd string spot ahead of Tebow.
And that's without even giving due consideration to Tim's rushing stats.

A few selected Current 2011 NFL Pass Efficiency Ratings:

5. Matt Schaub 96.8
6. Matt Stafford - 95.5
9. Alex Smith - 95.2 (Meyer S/O QB that has been called a 1st rnd bust)

Not listed yet - Tim Tebow - 94.4 <<< (Meyer S/O QB that some claimed should be a 3-4 rd pick)

10. Tony Romo - 93.4
13. Michael Vick - 84.4
16. Jay Cutler - 84.0
19. Scam Newton - 82.8
20 Philip Rivers - 82.3

27. Kyle Orton - 75.7 (only 1 QB listed per team)
28. Colt McCoy - 75.4
30. Sam Bradford - 72.2 <<< #1 Pick over Tebow in 2010 and a 'Can't Miss' QB, supposedly.

(Tim was going to get killed running in the NFL, but instead it's 'in da pocket' Sam that got injured out)

The 'genius' scouts claimed that Colt McCoy and benched (3 TD - 9 Int) J.Clausen should have been picked before Tebow.

Tebow's glass is either half full or half empty (2-2 as Bronco QB) with room to improve.
Qualifiers:
Little to no use as a QB in 2010, 1-2 to end season.
No off season training or prep.
Little to no preseason prep. (But even so: TT 108, KO 104, BQ 69)
Even with all that, Tim still won his first 2011 start in an away game.
Pretty Thrown Interceptions vs Ugly TD Passes?
Style/Looks vs Results/Wins

But keep on listening to those genius scouts and the media moron parrots and a few 'others' who know all that
there is to know about winning football games. :rolleyes:

weazel
10-24-2011, 01:03 PM
Bill Blev Devoe!

I Eat Staples
10-24-2011, 07:17 PM
I don't know about you but for me, one game does provide enough info either way to predict the future. Maybe i just don't have the forsight or special powers to do so..

So, you need special powers to make a prediction? I guess everyone who plays in the pick 'em league has special powers.

jhildebrand
10-24-2011, 11:34 PM

This is a terrible way to make any argument for Orton! This is nothing more than the usual excuse making. Maybe iam wrong but didnt McGahee go down yesterday?:confused:jj

Isnt tbow playing with the same line, D, and team Orton did? Tthe difference is the iresults! We always heard the excuses about orton and his failures i.e. "if our rb didnt get hurt etc..." the reality is tebow overcame losing his top rb but also top WR

Those would have been pointed out a long time ago had Orton played.

jhildebrand
10-24-2011, 11:43 PM
Also, mcgahee didnt run for 100 :lol:

Juriga72
10-25-2011, 07:46 AM
This season, and last season, I wasn't lying about the stat. You did cherry pick, and go back another year, but fair enough.

Since 09' guys like Big Roth are 11-1 when his team has given up 15 points or less. 18 times out of 39 games has teams like the Steelers held hits opponents to 18 points or under going 14-4.

Mark Sanchaz team held opponents to under 18 points and went 11-5 since 09'.

My point is, that if guys like Roth and Sanchaz are still losing when holding teams to under 18 points. So is Orton a better QB when his defense shows up . According to the numbers. I think Orton may have an advantage.

I know its hard to remember.. BUT in 2009 Kyle Orton WAS the starting QB for Denver.....

See.. he went 6-0 there to begin and guess what... Our DEFENSE ( Denver Bronco's) held the other team ( opponents ) to LESS than 15 points in 4 of the first 5 games.

Here's ANOTHER stat for you.. Kyle Orton led our team to 27 points or more only 5 times in 36 games... THATS it. Guess how many times Tebow has scored LESS than 20? ONCE.

Last night I watched Joe Flacco get ZERO first downs in a half.... man TRADE him he sucks

Lancane
10-29-2011, 03:08 AM
I know its hard to remember.. BUT in 2009 Kyle Orton WAS the starting QB for Denver.....

See.. he went 6-0 there to begin and guess what... Our DEFENSE ( Denver Bronco's) held the other team ( opponents ) to LESS than 15 points in 4 of the first 5 games.

Here's ANOTHER stat for you.. Kyle Orton led our team to 27 points or more only 5 times in 36 games... THATS it. Guess how many times Tebow has scored LESS than 20? ONCE.

Last night I watched Joe Flacco get ZERO first downs in a half.... man TRADE him he sucks

Joe Flacco can throw from the pocket! :beer:

catfish
10-29-2011, 07:09 AM
Actually that was not me. I said ORton sucks period, goes into fetal position with pressure and was TO happy (was leader until this weekend). I also said he SUCKED in the 4th quarter.

What stick was shoved so far up your rear that you came in here all butt hurt? We won a game, who cares if it was ugly. For a 4th start, i will take it. If it was the last game of the season, 15th start and he is still doing this, the welcome new QB. But the fact he does not have the work in with the 1st string to get timing down and a new starter, he can have some space. But he def. needs to improve to being a QB anywhere in this league. But if he can play 4 quarters like he has been playing in the 4th, then I will be happy.

I think the question is whether or not Tebow can consistently play a full game at the level he did in the 4th. Fortunately there should be plenty of time to find out. I think he can, I'm willing to bet Cane hopes he can, but is doubtfull as he has yet to see any evidence. thank God there is a game tomorrow as if last week was the last of the season this converstaion would be unbearable, hopefully some questions will be put to rest and we can focus on other positions of need

Shazam!
10-29-2011, 07:24 AM
Dont throw more trash on a garbage thread.