PDA

View Full Version : Jeremy Bates Future

Buff
12-30-2008, 07:07 PM
He just signed an extension... Bowlen's already going to be paying Shanahan for the next few years. I doubt he wants to be on the hook for two contracts. I'll bet we retain him as offensive coordinator similar to the Dallas/Jason Garrett situation.

What do you think?

NameUsedBefore
12-30-2008, 07:09 PM
Don't see why not.

CoachChaz
12-30-2008, 07:10 PM
I can deal with Bates sticking around in his current roll, but ultimately, he needs to mesh with the new coach.

jrelway
12-30-2008, 07:12 PM
bates did a good job running the O. keep him. Our offense can only get better with him sticking around. New O coordinator comes in, we change everything up. if it aint broke dont fix it.

muse
12-30-2008, 07:13 PM
I think we should keep the offence. Especially considering that from what I've heard so far the firing was defence related.

After all, we know that:

a) If we keep Bates and Dennison, the offence will carry on much in the same vain with the same system. The system definitely works although we can all agree that it needs more balance.

b) Our players are a perfect fit for the Shanahan system, recently taken over by Bates. I'd be especially worried about our OL situation if we brought in a new scheme there as our line it best suited to the ZBS.

I'm betting we're after a defensive HC and leaving the O intact.

claymore
12-30-2008, 07:14 PM
I only care about Bobby Turner. The rest can leave.

Tned
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
I hope he stays, since he would provide stability for a clearly shaken Jay. However, I think you HAVE to let the new head coach decide on his assistants.