PDA

View Full Version : Good luck and thank you to Coach Shanahan!

BroncoManiac
12-30-2008, 06:54 PM
http://i287.photobucket.com/albums/ll149/IanKG/0.jpg

:beer:TO THE GREATEST COACH EVER, WE'LL MISS YOU BUDDY!!!!!!! :salute:

sneakers
12-30-2008, 06:54 PM
Thank you Coach Shanahan for the 21 years and the 138 wins, and the 2 super bowls you provided to us lucky bronco fans. We were truely blessed to have you as our coach for so long.

Good luck in the Future, and you will coaching again in no time (hopefully for a NFC team).

:salute:

Northman
12-30-2008, 06:55 PM
Indeed, i appreciate the memories and appreciate what you did to bring 2 Championships to Denver. You will not be forgotten.

jrelway
12-30-2008, 06:57 PM
good luck shanny. mug ruled with an iron fist and he just seemed like the type of coach that never slept. ima miss that red face and famous ice stare he gave players when they messed up.

Superchop 7
12-30-2008, 06:58 PM
Good luck Mike, I waited a long time for a superbowl championship, thanks for the realization of a dream.

topscribe
12-30-2008, 06:59 PM
Thank you, Shanny.

Not a year went by when I didn't appreciate you. :beer:

-----

spikerman
12-30-2008, 07:04 PM
Thank you coach. Whoever comes after you will have some very big shoes to fill.

Watchthemiddle
12-30-2008, 07:06 PM
Thank you Shanny, and thank you for starting this thread.

I was going to do the same to over run all the haters out there. I am not saying that it wasn't time for a change, but so often times Bronco fans want to hate on the player/coach when they leave...regardless of who it is. Prime example is Tatum. SO many Bronco fans hated on Tatum when he left....but where are they now? If not for Tatum, we would have been shut out against SD.

SOOOOOOO

Thank you Shanahan for your dedication, hard work, diligence, and commitment you put into this team and city.

Best of luck to you in the future......please don't go to a rival.

broncofaninfla
12-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Thank you for everything that you did for this orginization, the city and it's fan. To the best coach Denver has ever had and one of the best in the history of the NFL, I thank you.

MasterShake
12-30-2008, 07:07 PM
Thankyou!
:salute::salute::salute:

broncofaninfla
12-30-2008, 07:08 PM
I too am disapointed in the lack of class shown by some

G_Money
12-30-2008, 07:09 PM
I first became a Broncos fan in the Dan Reeves Era. I was 7 when Elway came to the Broncos, and I had just moved to Colorado.

I had years, and years, and YEARS, of watching the Broncos squander the super-human efforts of Elway while "better quarterbacks" like Marino and Montana and even Aikman got the glory.

Finally seeing Elway get to raise the trophy, finally being able to call myself a fan of the World Champions and not the fan of the team that got blown out more often in Super Bowls than any other was a great, great moment. It would not have been possible without Mike, who made sure Elway was remembered as a champion.

I will always be grateful to Mike Shanahan for that, for making the Broncos not just a one-time winner but back-to-back champs and legit contenders for a decade. I can only hope that the next coach is as successful as Shanahan has been. Another couple of SB wins over the next decade sounds nice.

If Mike could have been content to just coach...but then he wouldn't have been Mike Shanahan.

So I'll just say thanks for everything, from the titles to the jokes we could make about your ghoulish face to the dominating running game to restocking the offensive cabinet right before you stepped out.

I hope we can carry on some of your traditions, and improve on some others.

Your imprint on this town and this team is every bit what Elway's was. Other teams have Bear Bryant or Bill Parcells. We have Mike Shanahan.

It's a good legacy. We all wanted that last SB before you rode off into the sunset, but Shula didn't get his either.

Maybe this way Cutler won't be the next Marino and can get his title with some of the pieces you assembled, and that'll be your last gift to us.

We can all hope that's so, in the way Dungy gave TB their title season after he left.

Best of luck wherever you go...as long as it's not to an AFC West rival.

~G

BigDaddyBronco
12-30-2008, 07:13 PM
Good luck Shanny. Thanks for the two Lombardi's.

I wonder if he ends up in Dallas.

Benetto
12-30-2008, 07:14 PM
Coach Mike,

Thank you for all you have done for the Broncos...I was one of the lucky few to ever experience my team winning back to back super bowls. Some have never even won ONE....EVER..

For that I thank you.

One last salute for our "little man" :salute:.

claymore
12-30-2008, 07:15 PM
Dark day in Broncos history IMO. Im not taking this well.

muse
12-30-2008, 07:29 PM
Whilst I don't like the outright firing, I think that a lot of good can come out of it.

Still...Mike has been an amazing figure for the Broncos and whilst he may have been slow to adapt to the changes in the NFL as far player management (ie only the recent switch to a focus on the draft), we cannot forget that he gave us an amazingly consistent run and 14 great years.

Not only that, he's helped build an amazing offence which is on offseason away from being Championship calibre and when we do win that SB, we should remember who built it.

Best of luck to you Mike, and we know that you'll land on your feet wherever you go. Hopefully not in the AFC mind.

Italianmobstr7
12-30-2008, 07:30 PM
I don't like this decision, but best of luck to coach Shanahan. He's coached the team that I love for almost my entire life. All except for 7 years actually. I remember the disappointment when Wade Phillips was the coach, and the euphoria when Shanahan took the team to back to back SB's. I'll never forget the hall of fame coach. He represented Denver like we should be represented. Good luck in whatever he decides to do. I personally hope that he retires. It would be weird seeing him coaching another team. Just like it's weird seeing Elam kick for the Falcons.

BroncosRockdaRockies
12-30-2008, 07:50 PM
I am a Die Hard Bronco fan first of all. I have always liked what Shanahan brought to the table. The Game preparation was the best I have seen by a coach in this Organization ever. I am in shock and very upset so I am limiting my responses on these threads right now.

But I do wish him luck and all the best. I support the Broncos and I truly feel we will go in a direction that this younger talent needs. Take care Mike and thank you for the great years of football and everything you did in the Denver community you will be missed by this fan!!!!!!!!!

Hardwired
12-30-2008, 08:02 PM
Thank you, Mike. You gave us two Superbowls and tons of respect we never had before.

G_Money
12-30-2008, 08:20 PM
Dark day in Broncos history IMO. Im not taking this well.

Ever since it was announced that Slowik would be back I've been frustrated. It felt like we were flushing 2009 in a swirl of mediocrity even while Shanahan was revving up our offensive attack to be ready for another shot at a title.

Pat must REALLY not have liked what he heard from Shanahan. He'd turned the corner on his drafting woes, he found a Pro Bowl QB and a line that can keep him healthy, and the offense weathered the storm of RB casualties decently well.

Bowlen must have looked at the Robinson, Rhodes, Coyer, Bates and Slowik string that was gonna continue at least another year and decided that Shanahan just wasn't gonna be able to fix the defense.

It's a ballsy, dangerous step away from the guaranteed medicre-at-worst and playoff-first-game-exit at best that always keeps us in the division championship picture.

I guess he figured that getting hosed by the Chargers for the umpteenth time with no chance of that changing next year was enough. We weren't getting past them without a D and Shanahan had given the reins to a guy who was incapable of providing one.

It's still startling, and could backfire drastically if we hire the wrong GM or coach. The guys who are always saying how bad other teams have it are now gonna get to see if Bowlen can pull another great coach out of the hat or if we're gonna long for the days of Shanahan here in a couple of years.

As much as I wish Shanahan luck, I REALLY wish Bowlen luck.

~G

Fan in Exile
12-30-2008, 08:48 PM
Good luck Mike, thanks for everything I'm going to miss having you around.

Broncos4Ever24
12-30-2008, 08:58 PM
Thanks Mike, always felt good knowing you were behind the game plan. We'll always love you

topscribe
12-30-2008, 09:08 PM
CBS4 Classic: The Press Conference Announcing the Hiring of Mike Shanahan as Head Coach of the Denver Broncos:

http://www.cbs4denver.com/video/?id=51132@kcnc.dayport.com

-----

Dreadnought
12-30-2008, 09:22 PM
It's still startling, and could backfire drastically if we hire the wrong GM or coach. The guys who are always saying how bad other teams have it are now gonna get to see if Bowlen can pull another great coach out of the hat or if we're gonna long for the days of Shanahan here in a couple of years.Thats where I'd put my money :tsk:

Dean
12-30-2008, 09:37 PM
:beer: Here's to you Mike. You took the Broncos to the very top.

NightTrainLayne
12-30-2008, 09:38 PM
Well-done Mike. We really couldn't have asked for more than you accomplished.

Gamechanger
12-30-2008, 09:40 PM
for Shanny

thanks for the chess matches, sometimes i really wanted you to win against us

Colts-Bronco's match-ups won't be the same without you :salute:

Den21vsBal19
12-30-2008, 10:02 PM
Thanks for the memories, Coach :salute:

BroncoWave
12-30-2008, 10:16 PM
I have never watched a Broncos game in my entire life in which Mike Shanahan wasn't the head coach. This is probably by far the weirdest I have ever felt as a Broncos fan. I don't know whether to be happy or sad. While he was a great coach for us, our postseason results over the past 10 years speak for themselves. I just really, really hope that Bowlen hits a home run with his choice of a replacement.

:salute: God speed Mike, and good luck in your future endeavors! :salute:

Thnikkaman
12-30-2008, 10:23 PM
I was afraid this would happen, and was shocked when I saw it this afternoon.

Thank you from the bottom of my heart for all of the years, and the thrills. I hope to see you win another championship (hopefully while we are in a rebuilding year). I still think you are one of the best coaches out there, but I believe that both you and this team needs change.

pnbronco
12-30-2008, 10:29 PM
Thank you Mike for all your years of hard, hard work. I wish you only the best in all you do. When you gave $ 50,000 out of you pocket so the teen center could be built you earned my respect for the rest of my life. Thanks for always being so kind to this small town lady.....:beer:

Davii
12-30-2008, 10:32 PM
Wow. I am stunned. I hope this was a smart move, but i'm unsure.

Best of luck to you Mike, you've given us a million reasons to scream over the years. Be they screams of joy, frustration, or agony. Thanks for the memories and best of luck in your future endeavors.

But Mike, please, take a couple years off, regroup, and stay out of the AFC West. Please. Don't take Herm Edwards' job.

SmilinAssasSin27
12-30-2008, 10:35 PM

gregbroncs
12-30-2008, 10:48 PM
Thanks Shanny for the best years in Broncos history.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-30-2008, 11:04 PM
Mike - thank you for the many years you gave to the Denver Broncos, but most of all "thank you" for the TEARS OF JOY that you brought to all of the Bronco fans when the Broncos won SuperBowl XXXII. I will never forget that moment. You are definitely a "Hall of Fame" Coach. Thank you for everything :salute::salute:

Timmy!
12-31-2008, 01:19 AM
Thanks for all the memories Shanny. Good luck in the future. I hope this works out well for you and the Broncos. :salute:

nmbroncosfan
12-31-2008, 01:42 AM
Thank You coach Mike Shanahan for the great years you gave us here in Denver along with the two Superbowl wins Denver longed for so long. I doubt there will be a coach that will be able to fill your shoes and dedication you had to winning football games. All this change crap sound like an Obama nightmare. It may be ok at first but long term it's going to suck big time.

broncofaninfla
12-31-2008, 11:04 AM
Thanks once again. Now I pray you don't sign with a AFC West team.

Medford Bronco
12-31-2008, 11:06 AM
I wish you well Shanny and appreciate all that you did for the organization :salute:

broncophan
12-31-2008, 12:09 PM
Thanks coach..............

Kick back and enjoy 20 million dollars over the next 3 years, and do absolutely nothing.
I know that is what I would do if I were you....

I appreciate everything over the last 14 + years.

Broncolingus
12-31-2008, 12:31 PM
The move was the right one...although, I wish things handn't gone 'down' this way for his exit (i.e...firing).

Shanny's given the city/state a lot to be thankful for, he's a fantastic coach, and wish him the best.

OB
12-31-2008, 01:59 PM
Its a big loss to the DB family IMO - i was ready for change but its still hard to grasp what is happening - on one hand i look forward to seeing what we can do - on the other i will miss shanny and have that fear of "what if" we cant fill his shoes

He was a great coach and no true Bronco fan could say any less :salute: