PDA

View Full Version : McGahee has broken hand in win.

DenBronx
10-23-2011, 04:28 PM
Michael Fabiano: Willis McGahee out with broken hand.

Damn...just damn.

Northman
10-23-2011, 04:29 PM
Thats not good.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 04:30 PM
whoopsy...

underrated29
10-23-2011, 04:30 PM
Its Moreno time bitches.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 04:31 PM
Its Moreno time bitches.

and the peasents rejoiced...

DenBronx
Its Moreno time bitches.

Not excited about that at all.

igoe4broncos
More like Lance Ball time.

Davii
10-23-2011, 04:37 PM
THAT really sucks. Hopefully it's not a bad break and he can heal pretty quick. I think Knowshon will play better with Tim at the helm simply because he does open up the run game more. Hopefully we can work some more screens etc to help the run game and get Knowshon outside in space.

BroncoBully
10-23-2011, 04:41 PM
damn, depending on how bad i guess.

Northman
10-23-2011, 04:41 PM

Kind of my thoughts as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2011, 04:43 PM
McGahee's status won't be updated to Wednesday, but this injury could result in missing a few weeks of play. If he is able to practice with a cast on his hand, he could still play. If he is out for several weeks, Knowshon Moreno will take over as the featured back while Lance Ball will receive some carries.

http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2011/10/23/2508997/willis-mcgahee-injury-broken-hand-broncos-dolphins

BroncoWave
10-23-2011, 04:44 PM

Lance Ball is terrible. He's worse than Moreno.

FlyByU
10-23-2011, 04:45 PM
Its Moreno time bitches.

Well he will have a chance to prove he can play and stay healthy and run over people and make cuts etc. If he doesn't pan out trade time open that roster slot. Didn't like it that he was drafted I wanted Mathews or Cushing as our LB. but McD and the FO screwed that all up.

Could you imagine having Mathews and Miller on our D playing together?

sneakers
10-23-2011, 04:46 PM
Its Moreno time bitches.

I would rather have Dan Marino at running back.

DenBronx
10-23-2011, 04:49 PM
We really needed McGahee for oakland.

I have zero faith in Knowshow.

Northman
10-23-2011, 04:50 PM

Dont know about that. Even with the limited amount of time Ball has been in his average is 4.5 yds to Moreno's 4.0.

Northman
10-23-2011, 04:51 PM
We really needed McGahee for oakland.

I have zero faith in Knowshow.

I have faith in Knowshon, just not as a primary back. He is best when utilized out of the backfield.

igoe4broncos
10-23-2011, 04:53 PM

He certainly isn't great, but based on the fact that Ball got about the same amount of playing time as Moreno after McGahee went out indicates that the staff thinks they're about the same...

turftoad
10-23-2011, 04:58 PM
Unfortunatly, McGahee is not the answer and niether is Moreno at this point. McGahee took over when Moreno was hurt. Now, lets see Moreno take the bull by the horns and claim the spot for his own.
If he doesn't, he won't be here next year.

dogfish
10-23-2011, 06:35 PM
Its Moreno time bitches.

john fox doesn't seem to agree, esse. . .

I Eat Staples
10-23-2011, 06:59 PM
Damn that sucks, McGahee was looking like a really good signing. I like his upfield running style, he was so much more productive than Moreno. Moreno can only run outside, he's awful at finding holes.

DenBronx
10-23-2011, 10:26 PM
WillisMcGaheeWillismcgahee

I will not, I repeat I will not let my teammates down #believedat

5 minutes ago

Denver Native (Carol)
10-23-2011, 10:36 PM
Also heard, not long ago, that Ayers and Dumervil were hurt.

I Eat Staples
10-23-2011, 10:44 PM
Dumervil is made of glass now. What has he even done this season? I knew it was a mistake to pay him big money.

As much as I'd love to see a pass rusher like the 09 Doom lined up opposite of Miller, the fact that Doom isn't producing makes Von Miller an even better pick. Imagine if we didn't have Doom OR Miller, we would have absolutely no rush at all.

DenBronx
11-06-2011, 10:59 PM
WillisMcGaheeWillismcgahee

I will not, I repeat I will not let my teammates down #believedat

5 minutes ago

And no you didnt let us down Willis!:salute:

What a badass giving the Mile High Salute in the blackhole!!!

TWICE!!!

Anyone have a gif of this?

cardoso
11-06-2011, 11:25 PM
Oh crap this scared the crap out of me! I thought it was talking about this game and he was out again.

Dean
11-06-2011, 11:31 PM
McGahee showed another gear that I didn't think that he still had on his first TD run.

He also showed that he could step it up. Playing with the roconstructed bone this soon after surgery even with meds had to be painful. :rockon: Putting the team ahead of yourself; that's old school football. :2thumbs:

DenBronx
11-06-2011, 11:48 PM
McGahee showed another gear that I didn't think that he still had on his first TD run.

He also showed that he could step it up. Playing with the roconstructed bone this soon after surgery even with meds had to be painful. :rockon: Putting the team ahead of yourself; that's old school football. :2thumbs:

He played through pain. That's what it's all about.

Should have signed him 5 years ago.

Plus he's a Bronco that taunts raider fans and that's ok in my book. :D

Lancane
11-07-2011, 12:02 AM
Damn that sucks, McGahee was looking like a really good signing. I like his upfield running style, he was so much more productive than Moreno. Moreno can only run outside, he's awful at finding holes.

That's why he needs to be in a ZBS based offensive system, he dances too much and then get's tangled or bounced for a loss.

McGahee was a good pick up, but we need youth with the same skill set.

DenBronx
11-07-2011, 12:04 AM
That's why he needs to be in a ZBS based offensive system, he dances too much and then get's tangled or bounced for a loss.

McGahee was a good pick up, but we need youth with the same skill set.

So what does McGahee have that Moreno doesnt?

Lets see...

Speed
Power
Smarter
Plays through pain
Doesnt dance

Imo, they are completely differant backs. So the question is, who could we bring in this offseason that has a simular skillset to McGahee?

Michael Bush? Matt Forte? Peyton Hillis?

Lancane
11-07-2011, 12:12 AM
So what does McGahee have that Moreno doesnt?

Lets see...

Speed
Power
Smarter
Plays through pain
Doesnt dance

Imo, they are completely differant backs. So the question is, who could we bring in this offseason that has a simular skillset to McGahee?

Michael Bush? Matt Forte? Peyton Hillis?

Michael Bush or Matt Forte, Peyton Hillis looks to have become as big a headcase as Brandon Marshall.

If we're talking the draft, well then Chris Polk, Bernard Pierce, Vick Ballard, Davin Meggett, Brandon Bolden, Alfred Morris, Marc Tyler or Jason Ford.

Dzone
11-07-2011, 10:33 AM
Mcgahee for animal rights-
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NMcXRw4n0Qw