PDA

View Full Version : Defense won us this game

RebelRocker
10-23-2011, 04:04 PM
You're delusional if you think Tebow "carried" us to that win. When you shit your pants for 3 and half quarters against the worst team in the league(who you've had two weeks to prepare for), you get very little credit.

The defense deserves most of the credit. They didn't give up and they came up with turnovers when we needed it the most.

Northman
10-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Why are you mad? We won.

Dirk
10-23-2011, 04:06 PM
You're delusional if you think Tebow "carried" us to that win. When you shit your pants for 3 and half quarters against the worst team in the league(who you've had two weeks to prepare for), you get very little credit.

The defense deserves most of the credit. They didn't give up and they came up with turnovers when we needed it the most.

The defense gave up 15 points to the worst team in the league.....Just sayin.

But they did come through when needed!

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2011, 04:07 PM

The defense gave up 15 points to the backup QB of the worst team in the NFL.

LMAO

SmilinAssasSin27
Noooo..defense kept us in it, Tebow SOMEHOW won it...along w 3 great catches and a kick which shouldnt have been necessary.

RebelRocker
Why are you mad? We won.

Who said I was mad? I'm just being honest.

Northman
10-23-2011, 04:08 PM
Defense did play well, they played well in a few games for us yet there was always one weak point, Kyle Orton. Sorry RR, YOUR delusional if you think that Orton would of pulled off that win today WITH the great defensive performance.

RebelRocker
10-23-2011, 04:09 PM
The defense gave up 15 points to the backup QB of the worst team in the NFL.

LMAO

So Tebow is the ONLY reason we won that game? How many times did he overthrow the receivers? He took SEVEN sacks today because he had trouble reading the defenses.

Yes, a win is a win. I'm just sick of ONE guy getting all of the credit.

This is a BRONCOS win, not a Tebow win.

Northman
10-23-2011, 04:10 PM
Who said I was mad? I'm just being honest.

So your implying that it takes a team effort to win ballgames? Yes, i agree.

RebelRocker
Defense did play well, they played well in a few games for us yet there was always one weak point, Kyle Orton. Sorry RR, YOUR delusional if you think that Orton would of pulled off that win today WITH the great defensive performance.

Once again, did I mention Kyle Orton? You mean YOU'RE, not YOUR.

silkamilkamonico
So Tebow is the ONLY reason we won that game? How many times did he overthrow the receivers? He took SEVEN sacks today because he had trouble reading the defenses.

Yes, a win is a win. I'm just sick of ONE guy getting all of the credit.

This is a BRONCOS win, not a Tebow win.

You just said it was the defense that won. Now you're changing your tune to the Broncos won. Make up your mind already.

RebelRocker
10-23-2011, 04:11 PM
So your implying that it takes a team effort to win ballgames? Yes, i agree.

Yes, so why are we giving ONE person all of the credit when he played like crap for most of the game?

Dirk
10-23-2011, 04:11 PM
The Defensive line was definately better than our O-line....OMG our O-Line sucks ass.

RebelRocker
10-23-2011, 04:13 PM
You just said it was the defense that won. Now you're changing your tune to the Broncos won. Make up your mind already.

smells like troll

Northman
10-23-2011, 04:13 PM
Once again, did I mention Kyle Orton? You mean YOU'RE, not YOUR.

Thanks grammar nazi.

So you want to give credit to the defense but not Tebow? I mean, there has to be a reason why your crying about this. While the defense made plays it was still Tebow who drove the offense down the field to score. It wasnt like the defense had 2 TD Interceptions or anything. :lol:

Bullgator
10-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Defense made the win possible... Tebow PLUS some good catches took advantage. Prater redeemed himself and overall it was a TEAM win over atrocious play calling.

RebelRocker
10-23-2011, 04:14 PM
Thanks grammar nazi.

So you want to give credit to the defense but not Tebow? I mean, there has to be a reason why your crying about this. While the defense made plays it was still Tebow who drove the offense down the field to score. It wasnt like the defense had 2 TD Interceptions or anything. :lol:

I didn't say don't give Tebow any credit, my point is, don't give him ALL of the credit.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2011, 04:15 PM
smells like troll

smells like a lack of reading comprehension.

"Defense won us this game"

3 posts later you're saying it was a "broncos win".

Nobody here is saying it was a "Tebow win" like you are insinuating.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2011, 04:16 PM
I didn't say don't give Tebow any credit, my point is, don't give him ALL of the credit.

Nobody is

RebelRocker
10-23-2011, 04:17 PM
smells like a lack of reading comprehension.

"Defense won us this game"

3 posts later you're saying it was a "broncos win".

Nobody here is saying it was a "Tebow win" like you are insinuating.

Defense is part of the broncos, so therefore, the Broncos win. Really? Like EVERY show on ESPN/NFL Network/etc etc is going to give the rest of the team credit for this win? Give me a break.

DenBronx
Didn know the D score two 4th quarter TDs and a two point conversion.

My bad...

RebelRocker
Nobody is

CBS/NBC/FOX/NFL Network/ESPN will.

RebelRocker
10-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Didn know the D score two 4th quarter TDs and a two point conversion.

My bad...

Yeah... We wouldn't have been in that situation in the first place if he didn't take 7 sacks and overthrow his receivers in the first three quarters... just saying.

DenBronx
10-23-2011, 04:20 PM
Broncos are two games back from the division leader.

Funny, we might have won 2 more games if we had just played Tebonator in the first place instead of Orton.

Dzone
10-23-2011, 04:20 PM
The IT factor won this game :pound:

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM

1 - they are not part of this board, so I'm struggling to find a reason why you created a thread at broncosforum that is intended for espn/cbs/fox/nbc analysts.

2 - I would put money down that half of those analysts will be saying how terrible he was the first 40 minutes.

Northman
10-23-2011, 04:21 PM

I dont think anyone has RR. In fact, for most of the day there were people trashing the kid because he was playing poorly. But shit, Prater didnt do that great today either. Either way, the defense stepped up and Tebow was able to take advantage of it by mounting a comeback. I dont think ive seen ANYONE give him sole credit today.

Agent of Orange
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM

Troll

FlyByU
10-23-2011, 04:25 PM
It was The D holding on to keep this game win-able and the change in the Play calling, and Tebow's Leadership that won this game. He never gives up and I vow that from now on I will never give up as long as he is still playing and time is on the clock.

I throw the towel in about 3mins before what we would of called "Mile High Magic" if in Denver but it happened in Miami.

The D played very good and if they had not held out it would have been a lose they deserve credit.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 04:43 PM
Broncos are two games back from the division leader.

Funny, we might have won 2 more games if we had just played Tebonator in the first place instead of Orton.

or 10 minutes earlier vs SD.

I Eat Staples
10-23-2011, 04:57 PM
Tebow does deserve credit for bringing us back, but it was his fault we even had to come back to begin with. The defense played okay, it was mostly just Miami's offense being inept.

Neither Tebow nor our defense played well enough to beat even a decent team.

SR
10-23-2011, 04:59 PM
You're delusional if you think anything but the Miami Dolphins not capitalizing on the ample amount of opportunity then had won us the game. Denver defies the word "Luck" this week.

BroncoNut
10-23-2011, 06:32 PM

man c'mon. I didn't see but the last 6 mins or so, but they had to have spent alot of time on the field with it being 15 nil when I tuned in. And weren't some of their points fgs?

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM
9 of em

Locnar
10-23-2011, 06:39 PM
man c'mon. I didn't see but the last 6 mins or so, but they had to have spent alot of time on the field with it being 15 nil when I tuned in. And weren't some of their points fgs?

Miami had some good drives that led to those points. Had it not been for a few dropped passes they may have been able to do more on us.

But I was happy with our pass rush and run defense. If it weren't for a certain db that had a lot of yards thrown on him, we could have won this game with Orton.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 06:48 PM
Dare I say...I think we win handily with Orton today. This matcup was tailor made for what he CAN do. We had WRs open all day. Some of that had to do w/ keying on TT by the D, but they haven't covered anyone all season. Not trying to start a debate. Just my take on this particular matchup.

Reidman
10-23-2011, 06:49 PM
I saw players playing with more emotion and heart than I've seen all season...Tebow may have played crappy through most of the game but he inspired a team and a city...I actually cheered while watching the game today...something I haven't done since our last win...

BroncoNut
10-23-2011, 06:49 PM
Dare I say...I think we win handily with Orton today. This matcup was tailor made for what he CAN do. We had WRs open all day. Some of that had to do w/ keying on TT by the D, but they haven't covered anyone all season. Not trying to start a debate. Just my take on this particular matchup.

I don't know about that. Orton shits the bed

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 06:52 PM
I don't know about that. Orton shits the bed

but his accuracy is worlds ahead of Tebow's. Lloyd and Decker have had field days w/ Orton at the helm. Against a bad offense like Miami's, I think we win THIS game going away. JMHO.

BroncoNut
10-23-2011, 06:53 PM
but his accuracy is worlds ahead of Tebow's. Lloyd and Decker have had field days w/ Orton at the helm. Against a bad offense like Miami's, I think we win THIS game going away. JMHO.

it's all cool. I only saw the last 6 mins or so.

Reidman
10-23-2011, 06:54 PM

Accuracy yes, but I could count a few potential fumbles while the pocket collapsed...where as tebow ran out like a chicken with its head cut...:lol:

Ziggy
10-23-2011, 07:06 PM
Tebow himself said that it was his fault that the Broncos were in that situation in the first place because of his poor play in the first 3 quarters. Who cares? We won, and Tebow will have the rest of the season to improve his game.

Our defense is a work in progress. The Dolphins are averaging 15 points/game this season. They scored 15 on us. For those who want to point to them losing Henne, here's a news flash. Moore is a better QB than Henne. The D came through when they needed to. Tebow came through when he needed to, the offensive line came through when they needed to, and the Ocoordinater came through when he needed to.

I don't think I've ever heard so much whining after a win.

dogfish
10-23-2011, 07:54 PM
smells like troll

that's your upper lip, bubba. . .

:salute:

then take it up with them. . .

or do you enjoy fighting straw men?

Tangerine
10-23-2011, 08:24 PM

Not likely with the amount of pressure Tebow was facing, Orton struggles horribly under pressure, Tebow actually made a play or two.

Joel
10-23-2011, 09:18 PM

Half those points were (their only) TD after we fumbled on our end. We missed 2 FGs that gave Miami good field position. We gained 2 yards in OT; fortunately DJ had already forced and recovered a fumble in FG range.

Dreadnought
10-23-2011, 09:40 PM
Not likely with the amount of pressure Tebow was facing, Orton struggles horribly under pressure, Tebow actually made a play or two.

Agreed. Orton would have gotten us single digit points at best. Lets not even discuss what horror would have occurred had he gotten the chance for a come from behind win, because that wasn't happening. The Miami pass rush would have eaten him up alive.

Ravage!!!
10-23-2011, 09:42 PM
I'm not saying Orton would have done shit... HOWEVER>.. the Dolphins would NOT have been able to stack 8 on the LOS nor come with 8 on a regular basis against him as they did Tebow.

Dreadnought
10-23-2011, 09:47 PM
I'm not saying Orton would have done shit... HOWEVER>.. the Dolphins would NOT have been able to stack 8 on the LOS nor come with 8 on a regular basis against him as they did Tebow.

Everyone we have played has defended Orton by crowding close to the LOSand sending a ton of pressure, because he can't/won't make you pay.

Ravage!!!
10-23-2011, 09:51 PM
Everyone we have played has defended Orton by crowding close to the LOSand sending a ton of pressure, because he can't/won't make you pay.

Yeah... I know. But not 8. I mean there were Literally EIGHT coming on 3rd down plays. Thats not hiding it, getting in sprint position, and bringing 8..leaving 1-n-1s. A veteran QB, even at Orton's lousy skill level, would have been able to exploit that a couple of times.... just enough to keep it back.

MileHiWildcat
10-23-2011, 11:03 PM
Who said I was mad? I'm just being retarded.
fyp

MileHiWildcat
10-23-2011, 11:05 PM

LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL .... were you watching with your eyes closed. Receivers were blanketed all day. Please learn about football before posting stupid things.

Dzone
10-23-2011, 11:40 PM
Receivers were wide open all day long and Tebow failed to get them the ball. We should have won by 3 TDs.

nevcraw
10-23-2011, 11:41 PM

come on.. like they would respect the fainting goat..

dogfish
10-24-2011, 12:11 AM
LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL LOL .... were you watching with your eyes closed. Receivers were blanketed all day. Please learn about football before posting stupid things.

are you kidding? decker was completely free behind the secondary when teebs overthrew him by five yards, and fells was wide stinking open a number of times times. . .

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2011, 12:28 AM
Receivers were wide open all day long and Tebow failed to get them the ball. We should have won by 3 TDs.

You're correct. We're really fortunate to win because we were winning both sides of the bal in the first half, yet we were down by six (partly Prater's fault).

I'm still not giving up on Tim. I'm a huge supporter, but I will call it like I see it. His passes were sailing today. I think it might have been nerves because I've never seen him throw that poorly and I've seen him throw a lot of balls.

He'll get better.

But make no mistake, I'm not gonna whine like a little girl after we won a football game.

Our defense stepped up big time. When was the last time we saw a D play with that much passion? I haven't seen that since Al Wilson was suitin' up.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2011, 12:31 AM
are you kidding? decker was completely free behind the secondary when teebs overthrew him by five yards, and fells was wide stinking open a number of times times. . .

There's no doubt about that. His balls were sailing all day. He looked more confused than I've ever seen him. I think nerves played a part in it. Hopefully that's the worst we see from him, especially since his QB rating was a 91. :laugh:

Does anyone care about the fact that he hasn't turned it over once in six quarters?

Let the kid learn for a while. Atleast we have a chance with him under center.

Canmore
10-24-2011, 12:44 AM
There's no doubt about that. His balls were sailing all day. He looked more confused than I've ever seen him. I think nerves played a part in it. Hopefully that's the worst we see from him, especially since his QB rating was a 91. :laugh:

Does anyone care about the fact that he hasn't turned it over once in six quarters?

Let the kid learn for a while. Atleast we have a chance with him under center.

With the game on the line Tebow delivered. He already has two game saving drives in four starts. Not a bad percentage and he has had us in two other games where he ran out of time. I'll take that as a starting point. He looked pretty bad for 50 minutes but the last ten were magical. He deserves an audition. Play calling certainly could help him out more.