PDA

View Full Version : Boom....here comes the boom

Superchop 7
10-23-2011, 03:57 PM
ready or not.....HOW YA LIKE ME NOW !! What an amazing game.....you want us......you got us.......the heart and soul of a leader.........thank you guys.......we needed it. DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES ?? I just read this and although it may seem odd....just know....SC7 ......is fired up big time.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Denver 2 games out of the lead at 2-4. I will be disappointed if they are not in the race come week 12.

MOtorboat
10-23-2011, 03:59 PM
Correction.

Amazing 3 minutes. He looked like shit for 57.

FlyByU
10-23-2011, 04:02 PM
Correction.

Shouldn't call Orton Shit. Say Orton not shit...

MOtorboat
10-23-2011, 04:04 PM
Shouldn't call Orton that say Orton not shit...

Huh? That's incoherent babble.

Dirk
10-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Correction.

I agree...but the play calling didn't help in that regard. Tebow seems to be the kind of QB that needs more than a few passes to get going. The play calling was predictable. McCoy sucks.

FlyByU
10-23-2011, 04:05 PM
Huh? That's incoherent babble.

Your normal stuff

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Correction.

It was very John Elway-like early in his career. He was notorious for playing shitty for about 57 minutes of games.

CrazyHorse
10-23-2011, 04:06 PM
Correction.

Well that's better than Orton.:elefant:
He looks bad the whole game.

MOtorboat
10-23-2011, 04:13 PM

Your normal stuff

What does "Shouldn't call Orton that say Orton not shit..." mean?

That's incoherent babble. It's not even a sentence. Is Orton the noun? Is he the predicate in the past sense? The predicate adjective?

More importantly, what does Kyle Orton have to do with any of this?

FlyByU
10-23-2011, 04:14 PM

That's incoherent babble. It's not even a sentence. Is Orton the noun? Is he the predicate in the past sense? The predicate adjective?

Never mind its over your head...

MOtorboat
10-23-2011, 04:19 PM
Never mind its over your head...

Huh?

DenBronx
10-23-2011, 04:22 PM
Lets just let Orton play the first half and Tebow the 2nd half then.

Good winning formula!

BroncoStud
10-23-2011, 04:32 PM
Denver 2 games out of the lead at 2-4. I will be disappointed if they are not in the race come week 12.

Really? After beating the worst team in the NFL in OT? I don't think we win more than 3 more games.

SR
10-23-2011, 04:35 PM
ready or not.....HOW YA LIKE ME NOW !! What an amazing game.....you want us......you got us.......the heart and soul of a leader.........thank you guys.......we needed it. DO YOU BELIEVE IN MIRACLES ?? I just read this and although it may seem odd....just know....SC7 ......is fired up big time.

It's unfortunate that it even came down to a fourth quarter come back. The first three quarters were a gift to the Dolphins and them not being able to capitalize is on them. Denver should have lost this game.

SR
10-23-2011, 04:36 PM
Really? After beating the worst team in the NFL in OT? I don't think we win more than 3 more games.

Next week will be a giant reality check for any Broncos fans that think anything spectacular is going to happen this year.

Lancane
10-23-2011, 04:53 PM

Quoted for the obvious!

Sorry Tebowmaniacs but that was some of the shittiest football I've watched in a long ass time!

And who give a F' if it was exciting the last two minutes, whole damn game was boring as hell. Yeah, some of the blame hangs on McCoy, but Tebow's passing was sub par at best, and if it continues...I wouldn't be surprised if Decker asked for a trade come the end of the season. Who needs wide receivers when the quarterback can barely throw, has accuracy issues and the team is run orientated?

Ravage!!!
10-23-2011, 05:21 PM
Quoted for the obvious!

Sorry Tebowmaniacs but that was some of the shittiest football I've watched in a long ass time!

And who give a F' if it was exciting the last two minutes, whole damn game was boring as hell. Yeah, some of the blame hangs on McCoy, but Tebow's passing was sub par at best, and if it continues...I wouldn't be surprised if Decker asked for a trade come the end of the season. Who needs wide receivers when the quarterback can barely throw, has accuracy issues and the team is run orientated?

It was HORRIBLE to watch. They would have 8 men in the box, showing blitz, and we wonder why our OL couldn't stop them? Horrible exhibition of football. This team is just flat out BAD

Locnar
10-23-2011, 05:42 PM
Until we can stop making rookie and below average qb's look like pro bowlers, we aren't going anywhere..

HORSEPOWER 56
10-23-2011, 05:49 PM
It's unfortunate that it even came down to a fourth quarter come back. The first three quarters were a gift to the Dolphins and them not being able to capitalize is on them. Denver should have lost this game.

You say a gift, I say Kudos to our defense. Strange that when we don't win, the team sucks, but when we do it's because the other team "let us win". Those guys get paid to play too, and Sparano was coaching for his job today. Miami didn't give us anything. No team yet this season has "given" us anything. We've earned our two wins just like we've earned our four losses.

I can't stand a defeatist attitude like we have to apologize or feel "lucky" for this win. The refs didn't hand it to us with a bad call. The offense, defense, and STs went out and EARNED it Goddamnit!!!

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 05:54 PM

well...SD kinda sux and McFadden is out. Just sayin...

SR
10-23-2011, 05:58 PM
You say a gift, I say Kudos to our defense. Strange that when we don't win, the team sucks, but when we do it's because the other team "let us win". Those guys get paid to play too, and Sparano was coaching for his job today. Miami didn't give us anything. No team yet this season has "given" us anything. We've earned our two wins just like we've earned our four losses.

I can't stand a defeatist attitude like we have to apologize or feel "lucky" for this win. The refs didn't hand it to us with a bad call. The offense, defense, and STs went out and EARNED it Goddamnit!!!

What you fail to realize is that instead of the Broncos going out and owning the game and EARNING the win, like you say they did (although they didn't), they let the Dolphins lose the game. The Broncos didn't earn s hit. They didn't win anything. Miami lost. They should not have, but they didn't capitalize on the MANY opportunities they had and that's what won Denver the game. I don't think Denver's defense did anything special at all today, save for DJ Williams sack/strip/fumble recovery, which is funny because everyone just last week was saying how DJ should be traded.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 06:02 PM
What you fail to realize is that instead of the Broncos going out and owning the game and EARNING the win, like you say they did (although they didn't), they let the Dolphins lose the game. The Broncos didn't earn s hit. They didn't win anything. Miami lost. They should not have, but they didn't capitalize on the MANY opportunities they had and that's what won Denver the game. I don't think Denver's defense did anything special at all today, save for DJ Williams sack/strip/fumble recovery, which is funny because everyone just last week was saying how DJ should be traded.

I wouldn't go that far. Our D stepped up pretty well. Took Miami coaches a while to adjust and line BM up away from Champ, but our run D was fierce. D Thomas had been running well and we made plenty of tackles on Bush in open space. I think you overestimate the number of opportunities they really had. Hell...we make 2 easy FGs and the game is VERY different. THOSE are missed opportunities.

Timmy!
10-23-2011, 06:58 PM
settle down beavis. a win is nice....but miami is horrible. i sure as hell hope tebow can be better than he showed today.

Mo, wtf was that dude babbling about?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

HORSEPOWER 56
10-23-2011, 07:12 PM

Brother, if you're so busy trying to point out the negative in a win, It's going to be a loooong season for you. Once again, the Dolphins, no matter how shitty you think they are, are a paid professional football team.

This isn't the first time that our offense led by Tebow has done this. He brought us back from 17 down vs the Texans, oh but that didn't count because the Texans' defense sucked. He brought us back and almost beat the Chargers last year, but that didn't count because there was nothing to play for. In our last game, he brought us back and almost won vs those same Chargers, but that doesn't matter because he didn't. This week, he brought us back from 15 points down with 6 minutes left in the game to tie and then eventually win the game, even though it was in a stadium we've NEVER won in before against a team desperately fighting for their first win with a coach fighting to save his job and a very good defensive coordinator, but it doesn't count because Miami sucks...

Let the games get played one at a time. Everyone keeps saying that we wouldn't have won had we not played Miami, well every game is different and predicting how each game will fall out after a game is ridiculous. One game at a time for the players, ONE GAME AT A TIME FOR THE FANS!

dogfish
10-23-2011, 07:18 PM

http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2789/44490796.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/44490796.jpg/)

"English! Do you speak it??!"

dogfish
10-23-2011, 07:19 PM
Sparano was coaching for his job today.

you call that coaching?

:D

atwater27
10-23-2011, 07:22 PM
http://img694.imageshack.us/img694/2789/44490796.jpg (http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/694/44490796.jpg/)

"English! Do you speak it??!"

I think what he was trying to say was " Wouldn't call Lloyd not so Tebow for smoking there are."

Rex
10-23-2011, 07:42 PM

Did you have a stroke when typing this?

MOtorboat
10-23-2011, 07:52 PM
settle down beavis. a win is nice....but miami is horrible. i sure as hell hope tebow can be better than he showed today.

Mo, wtf was that dude babbling about?

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

It wasn't English.

What makes me laugh is the fact that he countered with saying that it was our fault because we couldn't understand his jibberish. Hje actually told me that idiotic statement went over my head.

What a moron.

BeefStew25
10-23-2011, 08:06 PM
What is happening here?

threefolddead
10-23-2011, 08:11 PM
The plays were unbelievably predictable for awhile. Almost as bad as the Jets offense has been. You can literally sit there and guess what is going to be next, and if a guy like me can guess that you know the other coach knows it too. The playcalling was horrid and don't know what Tebow would have looked like otherwise but seriously... it was imbaressingly obvious what we were going to do. We are not good enough to be that obvious.

frauschieze
10-23-2011, 08:28 PM
What is happening here?

More importantly, what is happening there?

BeefStew25
10-23-2011, 08:29 PM
More importantly, what is happening there?

Tubby just passed out. And is farting.

frauschieze
10-23-2011, 08:32 PM
Tubby just passed out. And is farting.

Ah, the comfort we take in the familiar. Did he punch Clay?

SR
10-23-2011, 08:33 PM

Brother, if you're so busy trying to point out the negative in a win, It's going to be a loooong season for you. Once again, the Dolphins, no matter how shitty you think they are, are a paid professional football team.

This isn't the first time that our offense led by Tebow has done this. He brought us back from 17 down vs the Texans, oh but that didn't count because the Texans' defense sucked. He brought us back and almost beat the Chargers last year, but that didn't count because there was nothing to play for. In our last game, he brought us back and almost won vs those same Chargers, but that doesn't matter because he didn't. This week, he brought us back from 15 points down with 6 minutes left in the game to tie and then eventually win the game, even though it was in a stadium we've NEVER won in before against a team desperately fighting for their first win with a coach fighting to save his job and a very good defensive coordinator, but it doesn't count because Miami sucks...

Let the games get played one at a time. Everyone keeps saying that we wouldn't have won had we not played Miami, well every game is different and predicting how each game will fall out after a game is ridiculous. One game at a time for the players, ONE GAME AT A TIME FOR THE FANS!

It's not gonna be a long season. The Avs are 6-2...a record the Broncos wish they had

Tangerine
10-23-2011, 08:44 PM

You do realize Miami was favored in this game, right?

NameUsedBefore
10-23-2011, 08:47 PM
VGM or MGM will be deleting this thread due to a copyright violation.

atwater27
10-23-2011, 08:47 PM

That was an insightful post by miKe-hawk

Lancane
10-23-2011, 09:06 PM

Favored by the natural 3 point spread for home field advantage, really not that big of a deal. We would have been the favorites at home as well in this case. It's not like they were 14 point favorites.

Joel
10-23-2011, 09:13 PM

Remember, Denver has two and ONLY two QB choices: Anyone unsure of Tebow is automatically an Orton fan, just as all Orton critics are required to be Tebow fans. Not sure why, but apparently that's the rule. :noidea:

HORSEPOWER 56
10-23-2011, 09:22 PM
Favored by the natural 3 point spread for home field advantage, really not that big of a deal. We would have been the favorites at home as well in this case. It's not like they were 14 point favorites.

Guys, seriously, it was the SUCKBOWL. If memory serves, we just drafted #2 overall in the draft - that doesn't happen if you're a good football team. Miami has yet to win a game. We were 1-4 coming in, they were 0-5. We won the SUCKBOWL which means nothing more than we sucked slightly less than Miami - today.

Nobody is sitting here claiming OMG WE'RE #1 WE'RE GONNA WIN THE DIVISION, WE RULE!!!! Some of us are just happy about the win and the exciting fashion in which it played out. It's almost as if everyone is preemptively overreacting to a flood of Tebow trolls showing up and ruining everyone's day. Yeah, Tebow looked bad playing a bad team. Yeah, the play calling was elementary at best. Yeah, we needed every second of the whole 60 minute game, and then some, to get the "W". Why do we care so damned much how it looked?

If it's just the fact that the Luck bandwagon just hit a little speed bump then get over it because he's going to be a Colt. Isn't it enough that we absolutely gut this franchise with a dull spoon after a loss? Do we really need to sit here like the armchair QBs, Coaches, and GMs and do it after every win, too?

jlarsiii
10-23-2011, 09:33 PM
Guys, seriously, it was the SUCKBOWL. If memory serves, we just drafted #2 overall in the draft - that doesn't happen if you're a good football team. Miami has yet to win a game. We were 1-4 coming in, they were 0-5. We won the SUCKBOWL which means nothing more than we sucked slightly less than Miami - today.

Nobody is sitting here claiming OMG WE'RE #1 WE'RE GONNA WIN THE DIVISION, WE RULE!!!! Some of us are just happy about the win and the exciting fashion in which it played out. It's almost as if everyone is preemptively overreacting to a flood of Tebow trolls showing up and ruining everyone's day. Yeah, Tebow looked bad playing a bad team. Yeah, the play calling was elementary at best. Yeah, we needed every second of the whole 60 minute game, and then some, to get the "W". Why do we care so damned much how it looked?

If it's just the fact that the Luck bandwagon just hit a little speed bump then get over it because he's going to be a Colt. Isn't it enough that we absolutely gut this franchise with a dull spoon after a loss? Do we really need to sit here like the armchair QBs, Coaches, and GMs and do it after every win, too?

Are you serious? What else are we going to do?:coffee:

HORSEPOWER 56
10-23-2011, 09:39 PM
Are you serious? What else are we going to do?:coffee:

Perhaps be happy we won, talk about good things, high five each other, talk about our favorite plays, drink beer, be positive about the future... if only for one night. You know, the shit normal fans do. Instead we're guys who nonstop think they know more about stuff than those who do it for a living. When you can't even be happy for a win, are you even still really a "fan" or is it because you have some other agenda?

Lancane
10-23-2011, 09:43 PM
Perhaps be happy we won, talk about good things, high five each other, talk about our favorite plays, drink beer, be positive about the future... if only for one night. You know, the shit normal fans do. Instead we're guys who nonstop think they know more about stuff than those who do it for a living. When you can't even be happy for a win, are you even still really a "fan" or is it because you have some other agenda?

How sad is that...they get paid for that crap! :tsk:

:lol:

jlarsiii
10-23-2011, 10:07 PM

So what you are saying is that we can't be objective about the team at all? About the game they just played? About what they did well, and what the didn't do well? About which player or players looked bad? About which play made the game for us or cost us the game?

What you are saying is we can't be fans of our team at all? We just have to step in line and be fan bois because the team won? What utter bs...:coffee:

SR
10-24-2011, 07:57 AM
Remember, Denver has two and ONLY two QB choices: Anyone unsure of Tebow is automatically an Orton fan, just as all Orton critics are required to be Tebow fans. Not sure why, but apparently that's the rule. :noidea:

I'm a fan of neither. If I was forced to be a fan of any QB on Denver's roster it'd be Brady Quinn.

nevcraw
10-24-2011, 09:48 AM
Lets just let Orton play the first half and Tebow the 2nd half then.

Good winning formula!

Your avatar is Hysterical!!!!!!!!

tomjonesrocks
10-24-2011, 11:29 AM
I am really mixed on the victory. I think this Broncos team is atrocious and getting Luck would instantly turn things around.

Most of us are rooting for but still deeply skeptical of Tebow. For 3 1/2 quarters he looked reminiscent of JaMarcus Russell out there.

It's nice to have some excitement but am still unsure that win didn't do more harm than good long term.

Tebow simply HAS to throw more accurately. Playcalling blah blah--Tebow threw atrocious wounded ducks for nearly the entire game.

Love his heart--hate his arm.

T.K.O.
10-24-2011, 11:49 AM
Tebow did look very shaky and missed several open recievers.
what i did notice reading through this thread was that NOBODY mentioned the 2 missed FG's
by all rights this game should have been at least tied at half-time.
not just the points lost on the missed FG's but a major change in field position.
Tebow has a long way to go to be considered the "future of the team" but i will give him credit for never giving up and playing his ass off to get that win(even if he had a large part of the responsibility for the team needing such a great comeback).
can we expect to win in such dramatic fashion often ? hell no
did the entire team find out that with Tebow in....it ain't over til' it's over ? hell yes !
and that is a good start and something this deflated team can build on !!!
oh and by the way....Tebow is the first Broncos QB to beat the phins in Miami....let's hope its the 1st of many 1st's we'll see from the kid:salute:

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 03:14 PM
Shouldn't call Orton Shit. Say Orton not shit...

For all those that didn't catch on I made it so plain even a fool can understand.

Superchop 7
10-24-2011, 03:15 PM
I'm fine with the kid.....let him play. Football is a gutcheck times pi.....it isnt about x's and o's.....its about will.

Dzone
10-24-2011, 03:36 PM
What do you think of Elway always referring to Tebow as "Timmy"?

SR
10-24-2011, 04:15 PM
For all those that didn't catch on I made it so plain even a fool can understand.

You made it so clear that ONLY a food can understand. Quit posting.

Nomad
10-24-2011, 04:18 PM
Your avatar is Hysterical!!!!!!!!

Yeah, it is funny!

Nomad
10-24-2011, 04:21 PM
What do you think of Elway always referring to Tebow as "Timmy"?

I guess as long as Tebow doesn't mind it. I know I wouldn't because that's what I was called as a child.

weazel
10-24-2011, 04:22 PM

what?

Ravage!!!
10-24-2011, 04:23 PM
Watching Tebow play this Sunday gave me a VERY CLEAR understanding as to why the coaches would make a VERY QUICK choice as to who the best QB was in the "QB Competition." If that was what they saw, it's no wonder they felt that Orton would give us the best "chance" to win. That was atrocious play from the QB position.

Nomad
10-24-2011, 04:26 PM
Watching Tebow play this Sunday gave me a VERY CLEAR understanding as to why the coaches would make a VERY QUICK choice as to who the best QB was in the "QB Competition." If that was what they saw, it's no wonder they felt that Orton would give us the best "chance" to win. That was atrocious play from the QB position.

I agree Tebow did not look very good but hopefully he improves and learns from his mistakes. I don't know the results if Orton had started but I know Orton wouldn't have won that game being behind.