PDA

View Full Version : My emotions throughout this game

Zweems56
10-23-2011, 03:30 PM
My emotions throughout this game were so varied, it's unbelievable. At first, I was thinking, "The Tebowites are going to be completely inconsolable after this game." Now, all I can think is, "The Tebowites are going to be unbearable after this game..."

On a more serious note though
Playcalling - Terrible.
Tebow's first 3 1/2 quarters - Horrendous.
Tebow's last 5 minutes - Inspiring.

We were talking about how many wins we need from Tebow to give him another season, and my response was that stat's wont matter with him. All we should be looking for is wins, because he's been hyped as the quarterback that can inspire an entire team to play better. That was epitomized in today's game. I really hope he can carry these last few minutes of game time into next week.

CrazyHorse
10-23-2011, 03:41 PM
But Kyle Orton gives us the best chance to win. :noidea:

BroncoJoe
10-23-2011, 03:43 PM
It's been a long time since we've had the feeling the game is never over.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

Northman
10-23-2011, 03:47 PM
Wife got home from being out with friends and we were still down 15-0 at that point.

I knew this would be a bad game and expected to lose because it was in Miami. But, just like in the game vs SD Missy and i were clapping and yelling everytime Tebow and the team made a play.

That is the difference for me watching Tebow vs Orton.

Orton always made me shake my head or laugh because of how bad he was. But with Tebow especially late in the game he always gives me hope.

Dont know if he will make it as a QB but if he can fix and continue to work on those things and build chemistry with the receivers he will be a very good QB.

Zweems56
10-23-2011, 03:48 PM
Honestly, my Tebowner was pretty huge at the end of the season last year. Really hoping this continues.

BroncoStud
10-23-2011, 03:49 PM
Wife got home from being out with friends and we were still down 15-0 at that point.

I knew this would be a bad game and expected to lose because it was in Miami. But, just like in the game vs SD Missy and i were clapping and yelling everytime Tebow and the team made a play.

That is the difference for me watching Tebow vs Orton.

Orton always made me shake my head or laugh because of how bad he was. But with Tebow especially late in the game he always gives me hope.

Dont know if he will make it as a QB but if he can fix and continue to work on those things and build chemistry with the receivers he will be a very good QB.

I think a normal offseason will do wonders for Tebow's game. He's winging it out there. The playcalling held him back, held the entire offense back as well.

You would think that we would open it up more with him because everytime we do Tebow makes plays. Get a clue McCoy.

FlyByU
10-23-2011, 03:50 PM
My emotions throughout this game were so varied, it's unbelievable. At first, I was thinking, "The Tebowites are going to be completely inconsolable after this game." Now, all I can think is, "The Tebowites are going to be unbearable after this game..."

On a more serious note though
Playcalling - Terrible.
Tebow's first 3 1/2 quarters - Horrendous.
Tebow's last 5 minutes - Inspiring.

We were talking about how many wins we need from Tebow to give him another season, and my response was that stat's wont matter with him. All we should be looking for is wins, because he's been hyped as the quarterback that can inspire an entire team to play better. That was epitomized in today's game. I really hope he can carry these last few minutes of game time into next week.

Tebow's first 3 1/2 quarters - Horrendous. <--Fox/McCoys fault calling plays not for Tebow style of play...
Tebow's last 5 minutes - Inspiring. <-- Fox/McCoy getting head out of arse and calling the right plays to win a game.
Overtime <-- Fox/McCoy trying to find a way to lose by run run run. The D saved the day and it just so happen to be in field goal range, and Prater actually hit that one.

WARHORSE
10-23-2011, 04:18 PM
My emotions.

I was P.Oed the entire first half when they didnt let Tim throw the ball.

Look, if youre too dang scared to throw the ball with a QB, it doesnt matter what you do, and Im saying that knowing we won the game.

You are not going to accomplish anything with a QB like that.

Sure, we won, and Tebow made some clutch throws, but we cant wait till the games on the line to pass. Our WRs are gonna tune the OC out.

To be honest, I could barely keep watching, Tebow or not.

I dont like livin or dyin on the onside kick

Grateful for the win, but we wont win a game like this against anyone else imo.

This win will come back to haunt us? :coffee:

I dont know what to feel.

CRAZY game. Crazier feelings.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 04:23 PM
My emotions had me doing more research on Matt Barkley.

SmilinAssasSin27
10-23-2011, 04:24 PM
My emotions.

I was P.Oed the entire first half when they didnt let Tim throw the ball.

Look, if youre too dang scared to throw the ball with a QB, it doesnt matter what you do, and Im saying that knowing we won the game.

also...TT looked to be the one too scared to throw at times. He held the rock WAY too long.

Zweems56
10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Tebow's first 3 1/2 quarters - Horrendous. <--Fox/McCoys fault calling plays not for Tebow style of play...
Tebow's last 5 minutes - Inspiring. <-- Fox/McCoy getting head out of arse and calling the right plays to win a game.
Overtime <-- Fox/McCoy trying to find a way to lose by run run run. The D saved the day and it just so happen to be in field goal range, and Prater actually hit that one.

Lets not get TOO bent out of shape about the playcalling. It was bad, but on Tebow's opportunities to pass, he certainly made the worst of them.

BroncoTech
10-23-2011, 04:27 PM
Everbody complaining about the play calling I was too, until I started noticing how little usable film we left for Detroit. Also I see this base of an offense is going to be so good when it get's developed. Once you add mis-direction and the naked bootlegs to this zone blocking I'm thinking this might be fun.

FlyByU
10-23-2011, 04:37 PM
Lets not get TOO bent out of shape about the playcalling. It was bad, but on Tebow's opportunities to pass, he certainly made the worst of them.

Well I am a McCoy as a OC Hater and he made me hate his play calling over 2 and almost 1/2 years. The guy is stupid and needs fired. We have to deal with him for another 10 games at least but when the last game is over give him his walking papers so he can make some other offense suck. Orton would have done better with a better OC. would love to have Kubes back as OC. Dennison's play calling would match Tebow much better.

vettesplus
10-23-2011, 05:19 PM
sure an glad we were playing one of the worst teams in the league, would of been a good old azz kicking if it would of been a top team in the league. broncos took a serious blow to there standing in the luck sweepstakes.......

Locnar
10-23-2011, 05:32 PM
Gotta be honest. I watched the whole game up until the last 3 and out before the two touchdowns. I had been excited the whole 2 weeks leading up to this game, sleeping in my Elway jersey every night so I could get it nice and stanky for the game (that's how I get the wife out of the room when I watch the game). Up until I stopped watching I felt like a little kid that found out there is no santa clause for the first time. Just utter disgust and disappointment at the playcalling from the bench, and the execution from Tebow. I was hoping more than anything he would light it up and prove all the doubters wrong. Watching him over throw, take all those sacks, and the fumble was just too much for me to handle. So I had to shut it down, because sometimes I feel like I'm that fan that's jinxing my team when I watch. So maybe if I turn the game off for a little bit they will do better. So to my amazement when I turn the game back on we are lining up for a 2 pt conversion to tie it. WTF'NHOLYHELL. Did Tebow just punk me? I've been waiting 2 weeks ever so impatiently just to watch him blow chunks all over himself for 3 1/2 quarters. Talk about a rollercoaster today. But a win is a win. So I'm happy :salute:

HORSEPOWER 56
10-23-2011, 05:39 PM
My emotional state was pretty constant for 3 1/2 quarters. I was disappointed that Tebow wasn't playing better but I didn't have huge expectations for him. I tried to keep it in perspective but I was getting a little testy at all the folks ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater by halftime.

I had resigned myself to just another loss in Miami and was just hoping we could avoid a shutout (I hate shutouts). We didn't seem to be playing with a lot of intensity and Tebow truly did look terrible out there. He was holding onto the ball too long and Miami was doing a good job bringing pressure (Franklin was getting owned all day) and disguising their coverages. I kept in mind that this is still Mike Nolan and the dude knows how to call a defense. My one consolation was that we might get a week off from the Tebow fanatics.

As soon as we scored the TD, I felt relieved we wouldn't be shutout. There was only 2:44 left and we had no timeouts. I knew we needed to try an onside kick and was happy when we lined up for one. I just had a "feeling" we'd recover it and once we did, I just knew we'd tie it up. Damn that was exciting.

I was relaxed in OT. Once McCoy came out conservative again, I figured we'd lose, but when the defense got the strip sack, I knew Prater was going to get the opportunity to be the hero and that he'd come through.

I know people are calling it an "ugly" win, but IMO, that was a BEAUTIFUL win. First win ever in Miami. The team came together, reached down deep, and pulled it off.

An ugly win was the one we had thanks to Hoculi on the Cutler fumble/incomplete. That is an "ugly" way to win and you feel kind of guilty about celebrating afterward. The Tuck rule is an "ugly" win. Letting the officials decide the game is an "ugly" win. Today's win was gorgeous! :salute:

JaxBroncoGirl
10-23-2011, 05:41 PM
Gotta be honest. I watched the whole game up until the last 3 and out before the two touchdowns. I had been excited the whole 2 weeks leading up to this game, sleeping in my Elway jersey every night so I could get it nice and stanky for the game (that's how I get the wife out of the room when I watch the game). Up until I stopped watching I felt like a little kid that found out there is no santa clause for the first time. Just utter disgust and disappointment at the playcalling from the bench, and the execution from Tebow. I was hoping more than anything he would light it up and prove all the doubters wrong. Watching him over throw, take all those sacks, and the fumble was just too much for me to handle. So I had to shut it down, because sometimes I feel like I'm that fan that's jinxing my team when I watch. So maybe if I turn the game off for a little bit they will do better. So to my amazement when I turn the game back on we are lining up for a 2 pt conversion to tie it. WTF'NHOLYHELL. Did Tebow just punk me? I've been waiting 2 weeks ever so impatiently just to watch him blow chunks all over himself for 3 1/2 quarters. Talk about a rollercoaster today. But a win is a win. So I'm happy :salute:

Man, I feel everything you are saying, down here in Jacksonville watching the game my Mom (bless her) was dressed warm because we have a cold snap, it is actually only 70 degrees, I turned and look for 3 quarters she had a faded out Raiders sweat shirt on, I made her change it. That my friend is when the game changed.....

Locnar
10-23-2011, 05:44 PM
Man, I feel everything you are saying, down here in Jacksonville watching the game my Mom (bless her) was dressed warm because we have a cold snap, it is actually only 70 degrees, I turned and look for 3 quarters she had a faded out Raiders sweat shirt on, I made her change it. That my friend is when the game changed.....

And all this time I thought it was just me watching the game. Good to know it was all on your mom! :laugh:

BroncoNut
10-23-2011, 06:01 PM
I was out pushing tootsie rolls this afternoon, so i just saw the last 6 or so minutes of the game. it was 15 to zero Miami, when I tuned in. Next thing i knew it was 15 to 7 miami and then 15 to 15 with neither Miami or Denver winning. It went into overtime and Denver pulled out with a 18 to 15 win.

horsepig
10-24-2011, 01:47 AM
Well I am a McCoy as a OC Hater and he made me hate his play calling over 2 and almost 1/2 years. The guy is stupid and needs fired. We have to deal with him for another 10 games at least but when the last game is over give him his walking papers so he can make some other offense suck. Orton would have done better with a better OC. would love to have Kubes back as OC. Dennison's play calling would match Tebow much better.

Keep smokin that weed bro.

Lancane
10-24-2011, 03:12 AM

Why, because he has a different opinion? Can't he just smoke for recreation and share what's on his mind?

:D

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 08:35 AM

Did you not know McDaniels called the plays until he was fired?

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 08:46 AM

Don't do drugs not some 60's hippie or 70' 80's acid tripper, or a 90's 2000's crack smoker.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 08:47 AM
My emotional state was pretty constant for 3 1/2 quarters. I was disappointed that Tebow wasn't playing better but I didn't have huge expectations for him. I tried to keep it in perspective but I was getting a little testy at all the folks ready to throw out the baby with the bathwater by halftime.

I had resigned myself to just another loss in Miami and was just hoping we could avoid a shutout (I hate shutouts). We didn't seem to be playing with a lot of intensity and Tebow truly did look terrible out there. He was holding onto the ball too long and Miami was doing a good job bringing pressure (Franklin was getting owned all day) and disguising their coverages. I kept in mind that this is still Mike Nolan and the dude knows how to call a defense. My one consolation was that we might get a week off from the Tebow fanatics.

As soon as we scored the TD, I felt relieved we wouldn't be shutout. There was only 2:44 left and we had no timeouts. I knew we needed to try an onside kick and was happy when we lined up for one. I just had a "feeling" we'd recover it and once we did, I just knew we'd tie it up. Damn that was exciting.

I was relaxed in OT. Once McCoy came out conservative again, I figured we'd lose, but when the defense got the strip sack, I knew Prater was going to get the opportunity to be the hero and that he'd come through.

I know people are calling it an "ugly" win, but IMO, that was a BEAUTIFUL win. First win ever in Miami. The team came together, reached down deep, and pulled it off.

An ugly win was the one we had thanks to Hoculi on the Cutler fumble/incomplete. That is an "ugly" way to win and you feel kind of guilty about celebrating afterward. The Tuck rule is an "ugly" win. Letting the officials decide the game is an "ugly" win. Today's win was gorgeous! :salute:

I think McCoy is trying keep the pressure off of Tebow. The running game was working even with Dolphins loading up the box. Tebow just flat out didn't hit a lot passes. There were a a couple drops and several times it looked like Tebow and the receiving corp were not on the same page.

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 08:48 AM
Did you not know McDaniels called the plays until he was fired?

That's a lie and I can see the same garbage plays being called by McStupid this year and the 3 games McD wasn't around last year. I cannot believe you all cannot see this the play calling hasn't changed its still stupid. No McCoy just said that to save his butt.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 08:50 AM
That's a lie and I can see the same garbage plays being called by McStupid this year and the 3 games McD wasn't around last year. I cannot believe you all cannot see this the play calling hasn't changed its still stupid. No McCoy just said that to save his butt.

A lie? Ah no it's the truth.

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 08:51 AM
I think McCoy is trying keep the pressure off of Tebow. The running game was working even with Dolphins loading up the box. Tebow just flat out didn't hit a lot passes. There were a a couple drops and several times it looked like Tebow and the receiving corp were not on the same page.

McCoy wasn't doing Tebow any Favors because his favorite QB was benched. McCoy needs an ass chewing and if he doesn't get smart real fast say by end of the game next week fire his stupid ass.

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 08:52 AM
A lie? Ah no it's the truth.

Prove it I want to hear McD say he called all the plays himself please provide proof from McD.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 09:14 AM
Prove it I want to hear McD say he called all the plays himself please provide proof from McD.

Ok when he was hired said he would be calling the plays. Other than you I've never heard anyone in the media or say that McCoy called the plays. Did you ever watch McDaniels on the sidelines if did then you would know he called the plays.

BroncoNut
10-24-2011, 09:37 AM
mine started out pretty good, but then I got kinda deflated untill the last scores of the game and overtime

FlyByU
10-24-2011, 09:47 AM
Ok when he was hired said he would be calling the plays. Other than you I've never heard anyone in the media or say that McCoy called the plays. Did you ever watch McDaniels on the sidelines if did then you would know he called the plays.

Link please with McD saying I called all the plays please.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 09:53 AM

I don't have it nor would I provide you one. I watched the press McDaniels initial press I know what he said and if you didn't well that's your problem. Better since you made accusation that McCoy called the plays during McDaniels prove it.

GEM
10-24-2011, 10:10 AM
sure an glad we were playing one of the worst teams in the league, would of been a good old azz kicking if it would of been a top team in the league. broncos took a serious blow to there standing in the luck sweepstakes.......

We aren't getting luck. That went out the window with the win over the Bengals. Move on.

Shazam!
10-24-2011, 10:17 AM
I was working yesterday.

Kept watching score of game in real time.

Driving from one place to the other, when Miami went up 15-0 I shut the radio off in disgust.

When I got to where I was going, I turned on the TV. Game is now tied.

I was shocked.

CBS briefly went to the game as the NYJ game ended.

Heard the winning FG was about to be kicked.

Prater nailed it. I got goosebumps, screamed and cheered. People must've thought I was crazy.

I might've even got an erection.

My phone started ringing.

I literally was stammering and stuttering talking on the phone. I was practically speechless.

I could not believe what happened.

Shazam!
10-24-2011, 10:19 AM

I did hear that too, that McCoy was happier now that he called the plays and had a more significant role.

Yes, McD called the plays on offense.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2011, 10:40 AM

There was an exact moment when Mike McCoy arrived as an NFL play caller. It came immediately after the Broncos lost to the Oakland Raiders 39-23 last month in Tim Tebow​'s first NFL start.

This time, McCoy won't be coordinator in title only. It was Josh McDaniels​' offense the previous two years. As was his right. McDaniels had been the offensive coordinator of the record-setting New England Patriots​. As the Broncos' head coach, he oversaw the game planning during the week and called the plays on Sunday.

It wasn't until McDaniels was fired with four games left in the 2010 season that McCoy took control of the offense.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17142801

pnbronco
10-24-2011, 10:45 AM
I did hear that too, that McCoy was happier now that he called the plays and had a more significant role.

I heard it too. McD called the plays, you could see it see on the sidelines.

Shanny did too for the O as much as I can remember.

Through most of the game I had so wished I had slept in and not got up at 6 am to drive the 400 miles I still had to. I almost pulled over in a rest stop in eastern CO to take a nap because I could pick up the game from the beginning and though oh well I'm so tired. I had worked 14 straight days most of them about 12 hours each and had driven over 3000 miles in those 14 days .

Got home, neither team had made a 3rd down yet. Started to watch the game and thought man this is worse when you watch it instead of listen to it. Went to go take a nap finally in the 4th but turned on the TV and had a eye open when Willis man that catch. When DT caught the pass I was just happy we would not be shut out. I'm happy they won, but in some ways more confused than ever. I guess I will just wait till after the Lions game to see what happens.

Ravage!!!
10-24-2011, 10:50 AM
I was working yesterday.

Kept watching score of game in real time.

Driving from one place to the other, when Miami went up 15-0 I shut the radio off in disgust.

When I got to where I was going, I turned on the TV. Game is now tied.

I was shocked.

CBS briefly went to the game as the NYJ game ended.

Heard the winning FG was about to be kicked.

Prater nailed it. I got goosebumps, screamed and cheered. People must've thought I was crazy.

I might've even got an erection.

My phone started ringing.

I literally was stammering and stuttering talking on the phone. I was practically speechless.

I could not believe what happened.

Well, Miami going for 2 when they didn't need too.... us getting a lucky onsides kick recovery (they had the ball in their hands)... a forced fumble in over-time, and a 52 yard FG. We had a lot of luck on our side, for sure.

TXBRONC
10-24-2011, 10:50 AM

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_17142801

I heard it too. McD called the plays, you could see it see on the sidelines.

Shanny did too for the O as much as I can remember.

Through most of the game I had so wished I had slept in and not got up at 6 am to drive the 400 miles I still had to. I almost pulled over in a rest stop in eastern CO to take a nap because I could pick up the game from the beginning and though oh well I'm so tired. I had worked 14 straight days most of them about 12 hours each and had driven over 3000 miles in those 14 days .

Got home, neither team had made a 3rd down yet. Started to watch the game and thought man this is worse when you watch it instead of listen to it. Went to go take a nap finally in the 4th but turned on the TV and had a eye open when Willis man that catch. When DT caught the pass I was just happy we would not be shut out. I'm happy they won, but in some ways more confused than ever. I guess I will just wait till after the Lions game to see what happens.

My many thanks to all of you.

G_Money
10-24-2011, 11:31 AM
McCoy didn't call the plays when McD was here, but that's who taught him how to coordinate an offense. Here's Mike's mentors:

Dan Henning (2002-2006, Carolina) offensive ranks:
2002 - 30th in points, 31st in yards
2003 - 15th in points, 16th in yards
2004 - 13 in points, 13th in yards
2005 - 8th in points (woo!), 22nd in yards (?)
2006 - 27th in points, 21st in yards

Jeff Davidson (2007-2008, Carolina):
2007 - 26th in points, 29th in yards
2008 - 7th in points, 10th in yards (first semi-powerful offense EVER, all via the ground)

Josh McDaniels (2009-2010, Denver):
20th in points, 15th in yards
19th in points, 13th in yards

McCoy, Currently (2011):
21st in points, 27th in yards

He was a position coach in Carolina, though they gave him the title of passing coordinator his last year there. Considering no one in the league threw it fewer times than Carolina in 2008, I dunno that I consider that a valuable bit of experience.

And then he watched Josh call plays. Nothing that I saw in the last few games of last season or the first few of this one make me think he's any good at this job.

I eagerly await the first time he can playcall his way out of a paper bag - it'd help us a lot.

We are under-talented, and he's working around a running QB, an injured and thin receiving corps, OL issues and now a RB with a broken hand. I'm not expecting miracles.

Just some glimmer of creativity and the cessation of this playing-not-to-lose offense, because it's not helping us avoid losses. If you please.

~G

G_Money
10-24-2011, 11:36 AM
As for Tebow...he plays schoolyard ball at the end of games like John did. I've missed the hell out of the "keep it within a couple scores at the end of a game and John will do his thing even if he's sucked ALL GAME" parts of the Broncos offensive attack.

He's gonna have to start doing that for a quarter or a half, though. We're not good enough to survive 55 minutes of Tebow flailing about and missing receivers by 10 yards when they DO let him throw.

We COULD make an interesting and dynamic offense out of the pieces we have, but everybody's gonna have to do their part - especially Tebow and McCoy.

I absolutely do hope that if Tebow is back next year as the starter, though, that we get a better playcaller to design the offense. I don't think McCoy has it in him. Fingers crossed.

~G

HORSEPOWER 56
10-24-2011, 11:39 AM

McDaniels called all the plays, and until he hired his own brother to assist him, was the QB coach as well. Most of us who've been around awhile have discussed this topic ad nauseum. McDaniels had direct control of everything the offense did. All McCoy really did was help with gameday preparation and call down recommendations and what he'd seen from the booth.

MasterShake
10-24-2011, 11:44 AM
Back to the emotions of this game, Deion Sanders on NFL network actaully summed up my thoughts perfectly on a video I just saw on the NFL site (and I'm paraphrasing):

"Tebow misses all the throws at the carnival game, and still wins all the stuffed animals!" :lol:

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2011, 11:52 AM
I want Tim to succeed as much an anyone - however; how many more games will there be WHEN they are down, WHEN they have NOT scored, and after scoring a TD, the Broncos recover an onside kick - going into OT, the defense strips the ball? And, how many more games will the Broncos defense have held the opponent to 15 points?

Tim said it best yesterday, in his post game interview - he stated the Broncos never gave up, the team has heart, etc., but he also said that he made many mistakes throughout the game, and it should NOT have had to come down to what it did.

threefolddead
10-24-2011, 12:02 PM
I would have been excited about winning this game if our playcalling wasn't so predictable because I just don't see that changing. They had two weeks to come up with a game plan and its like they just went out there and winged it. Frustrates me to no end. Tebow has got things to work on, for sure but come on. You call a game like that you can get outcoached by a good high school coach

pnbronco
10-24-2011, 12:04 PM
Back to the emotions of this game, Deion Sanders on NFL network actaully summed up my thoughts perfectly on a video I just saw on the NFL site (and I'm paraphrasing):

"Tebow misses all the throws at the carnival game, and still wins all the stuffed animals!" :lol:

That my dear is worth posting again.........:laugh:

Plus it's so true......... Thanks for the laugh.........:D

NightTerror218
10-24-2011, 12:06 PM
I watched the 1st half and thinking really only 5 passing plays? Seriously? And thinking Tebow always starts slow. Went to church and when I got out checked the game and it was tied 18-18 going into OT. I was bewildered. In Alaska the game started at 9 and my church service was at 11.

Northman
10-24-2011, 12:13 PM
I watched the 1st half and thinking really only 5 passing plays? Seriously? And thinking Tebow always starts slow. Went to church and when I got out checked the game and it was tied 18-18 going into OT. I was bewildered. In Alaska the game started at 9 and my church service was at 11.

You mean tied at 15.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2011, 12:22 PM
I would have been excited about winning this game if our playcalling wasn't so predictable because I just don't see that changing. They had two weeks to come up with a game plan and its like they just went out there and winged it. Frustrates me to no end. Tebow has got things to work on, for sure but come on. You call a game like that you can get outcoached by a good high school coach

Mike Klis, Denver Posts sports writer, who was at the game yesterday, posted the following.

For Florida Gator Day, Broncos use some Gator offense

Miami Gardens, Fla. — It may be a coincidence. It may be on purpose. Or it may be that Broncos coach John Fox and offensive coordinator simply want to build their offense around Tim Tebow’s skill set.

Whatever the reason, football fans Florida Gators spread offense will see some similariries in the Tebow-led Broncos’ offense today. The Broncos will use their share of spread formations today against the Miami Dolphins, which often involves four receivers and no backs other than Tebow.

They’ve already used it _ and on the first play, Tebow had what would have been a pick six dropped by Dolphins linebacker Karlos Dansby. Not surprisingly, on the next spread play, Tebow ran the ball off tackle on third-and-7. For 5 yards.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2011/10/23/for-florida-gator-day-broncos-may-use-some-gator-offense/10272/

NightTerror218
10-24-2011, 12:27 PM
You mean tied at 15.

yah 15 not 18, thanks.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-24-2011, 12:28 PM
I actually thought Tim was much better than what I saw yesterday. I cannot take the cardiac of a game like that again. I am hoping several variables went into yesterday - (bad playcalling) and execution. If not, we are the laughing stock of the NFL. Seriously, if it is this bad next week, put Orton back in...

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2011, 12:31 PM
I actually thought Tim was much better than what I saw yesterday. I cannot take the cardiac of a game like that again. I am hoping several variables went into yesterday - (bad playcalling) and execution. If not, we are the laughing stock of the NFL. Seriously, if it is this bad next week, put Orton back in...

It appears that the Broncos tried to adapt some of the offensive game plan to what Tebow had done in college, per my recent post.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-24-2011, 12:35 PM
DC, we are a professional football team. We should be able to Adjust in 13 days of practice. It is not like it is rocket science. I know a win is a win but that is what separates Super Bowl contenders and everyone else.

Northman
10-24-2011, 12:39 PM
DC, we are a professional football team. We should be able to Adjust in 13 days of practice. It is not like it is rocket science. I know a win is a win but that is what separates Super Bowl contenders and everyone else.

Well, we arent SB contenders but i know what your getting at. You would think with the extra week of preparation that they would of been much more fluent on offense. Either way, i think the coming weeks will tell us a bit more in regards too how much they have progressed with Tebow at the helm. If nothing changes than i think its logical that the FO looks to drafting a QB in the first next year.

NightTerror218
10-24-2011, 12:39 PM

I figure give him the rest of the season. If he does not improve with 1st team reps and coaching then he is not a starter. But if he can play a whole game the way he played the 4th quarter, i will take it. He was held back in 1st 3 quarters...8 passes, who team does that? Every QB misses wide open targets but if you only pass 8 times they stand out a lot more. That is only defending in the way of horrible play calling, missing the wide open WR is not ok several of those passes he should have made and he needed to get ball out quicker.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2011, 12:41 PM

Not sure if this is directed at me or not - adjustment needs to be made on the field on gameday. It is very hard to make all adjustments in practice, when you are not sure how the opposing defense will line up. - I don't care what play is called - it is the QB's responsibility to read the defense, to read blitzes, to not hold onto the ball too long, to hit open receivers, etc.

BroncoNut
10-24-2011, 01:06 PM
mine ran from hot to cold and in between.

weazel
10-24-2011, 01:07 PM
It's been a long time since we've had the feeling the game is never over.

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

just wait til next week, you'll have that warm fuzzy feeling again by the half

JaxBroncoGirl
10-24-2011, 01:16 PM
I guess I am extremely disappointed in Tebow's play and the whole game. I just cannot get over the laughing at us by major pundits. It just blows me away how bad we played.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2011, 01:26 PM
I guess I am extremely disappointed in Tebow's play and the whole game. I just cannot get over the laughing at us by major pundits. It just blows me away how bad we played.

Obviously I have not listened to all of what the major pundits have said, but what I have heard, I have not heard anything about our defense playing bad, or special teams playing bad - except a casual mention of Prater missing two field goals, which Prater hardly ever does, and even if he did make those fgs, the Broncos would have been down 15-6 before the comeback.

In other words, the negative I have heard in regards to the Broncos playing bad has come down almost entirely on one player only.

NightTerror218
10-24-2011, 01:29 PM

Seems like a lot of people are coming down on the play calling right now. Because it was so conservative. i have been reading it all over the place.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-24-2011, 01:35 PM
This is a response, I am not sure if I broke the rules or not.

Listen pal you made a point to comment the Dolphins are #26 in defense and omg it took a miracle to get a win. Your willingly ignorant of the fact that the broncos ran 80% of their plays for the majority of the game. The Dolphins were ranked #6 against the run. What coach makes a game plan that involves playing to the other teams strength? With 3 minutes left in the game Fox concedes the game and turns Tim loose. The rest would be history.
Some stats for you Comp: 17 Att: 37 Yards: 240 Td: 3 Int: 0 Rushes: 14 Rushing Yards: 103 Rushing TD: 1 Starts 1 Wins 1 loses 0
That with no preseason, no training camp and 7 days working with the first team. Everything against the guy and when hes turned him loose to play the game as he can play it he gets it done. That is a football player. And the guy knows what to do to win games. It doesnt look like what others have rubber stamped that it should look like but at the end of the day its a win. And you can ask Tim himself its about winning a game not about him.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2011, 01:47 PM
I believe, until the comback, 4 passes were completed - wide open receivers were missed, TT held on to the ball too long, sometimes resulting in a sack. If the passing game is NOT working, what else can you do, except run?

Also, the passing game did NOT start working UNTIL the Dolphins went into a prevent defense.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
10-24-2011, 02:06 PM
I believe, until the comback, 4 passes were completed - wide open receivers were missed, TT held on to the ball too long, sometimes resulting in a sack. If the passing game is NOT working, what else can you do, except run?

Also, the passing game did NOT start working UNTIL the Dolphins went into a prevent defense.

They weren't in a prevent on the last TD drive Carol.

I'm not going to argue that he wasn't sailing his balls throughout the first 3.5 quarters, BUT there were also a few dropped passes.

NightTerror218
10-24-2011, 02:17 PM

ONLY 8 PASSES IN 3 QUARTERS, you can keep beating the same drum, but how does a QB get in rhythm or even complete passes when forced into 3 and longs on most passes. When 13 or 14 1st downs are run plays. And you are playing a defense that has great run defense...why do you still not pass? Some passes were way off and he did hold ball too long. But when I was watching game I could not see the coverage because the camera was on TT in the pocket and them him scrambling because he had guys all over him. He was sacked 7....I repeat 7 times. If WR were covered how can he throw while running for life? There were no out passes or screen plays called. Why? The lil out pass last week to Moreno worked great, where was that? Why call so many QB draws? Why pass 5 times in first half? He was 3/5 at half time. That is like not playing with a Qb at all. Some of that may be because he scrambled on passing plays but it was horrible play calling. But missing 2 throws in 1st half is not bad. Missing the next 3 is not bad because he is barely throwing the ball at all.

Bullgator
10-24-2011, 03:18 PM

Carol you could not be more wrong. The dolphins never went into a prevent defense.

They went 4 down man to man with a spy on TT. Go and look.

We did not move the ball until we went 4 wide no huddle spread offense. It was our Offensive play calling that was the difference. Not being a fish out of water was the difference. Not being under center was the difference.

If what you are doing is not working you dont just run the ball, you go back to what does work for TT and thats the spread no huddle O.

Denver Native (Carol)
10-24-2011, 03:24 PM
They weren't in a prevent on the last TD drive Carol.

I'm not going to argue that he wasn't sailing his balls throughout the first 3.5 quarters, BUT there were also a few dropped passes.

from article:

"It was frustrating," Tebow said. "Frustrating because it was just little things here and there."

He settled down while working against the Dolphins' prevent defense. In what was arguably the biggest play of the game to that point,

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19177633

AND - from a NY paper:

But with five minutes left and the Miami Dolphins playing prevent defense, Tebow turned into the player who inspires fans to erect billboards and opposing teams to honor him when he visits, rallying the Broncos to two touchdowns.

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/24/sports/football/tim-tebow-leads-denver-broncos-over-miami-dolphins.html

Bullgator
10-24-2011, 03:30 PM
from article:

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_19177633

AND - from a NY paper:

http://www.nytimes.com/2011/10/24/sports/football/tim-tebow-leads-denver-broncos-over-miami-dolphins.html

They are wrong. In fact they have no clue what they are talking about... dont take their word for it Carol. Everyone assumes it was a prevent because they are haters.

On first and ten today even Eric Mangini (a tebow hater) broke down the film and explained that it was NOT a prevent D, he clearly showed they were playing 4 man down with a spy on TT, man to man coverage. Not ONCE did they go into prevent.

vandammage13
10-24-2011, 03:35 PM
They are wrong. In fact they have no clue what they are talking about... dont take their word for it Carol. Everyone assumes it was a prevent because they are haters.

On first and ten today even Eric Mangini (a tebow hater) broke down the film and explained that it was NOT a prevent D, he clearly showed they were playing 4 man down with a spy on TT, man to man coverage. Not ONCE did they go into prevent.

You might could argue the 1st TD drive was prevent (or at least the Fins were playing softer), but the 2nd drive definitely was not....

That long pass to Fells that set up the tying TD was well defended and TT put it right on the money.

NorCalBronco7
10-24-2011, 03:37 PM
ONLY 8 PASSES IN 3 QUARTERS, you can keep beating the same drum, but how does a QB get in rhythm or even complete passes when forced into 3 and longs on most passes. When 13 or 14 1st downs are run plays. And you are playing a defense that has great run defense...why do you still not pass? Some passes were way off and he did hold ball too long. But when I was watching game I could not see the coverage because the camera was on TT in the pocket and them him scrambling because he had guys all over him. He was sacked 7....I repeat 7 times. If WR were covered how can he throw while running for life? There were no out passes or screen plays called. Why? The lil out pass last week to Moreno worked great, where was that? Why call so many QB draws? Why pass 5 times in first half? He was 3/5 at half time. That is like not playing with a Qb at all. Some of that may be because he scrambled on passing plays but it was horrible play calling. But missing 2 throws in 1st half is not bad. Missing the next 3 is not bad because he is barely throwing the ball at all.

None of that is a reason to pass MORE. The passing game was damn near non-existence for most of the game, for numerous reasons, yet you would rather the Broncos focus more on the ineffective passing game despite having an effective running game, all with an inexperienced/inaccurate Qb. That make no sense. Tebow was not productive in the passing game at all until he needed to be, and because of our running game/defense, he had a chance to.

The Glue Factory
10-24-2011, 03:38 PM
also...TT looked to be the one too scared to throw at times. He held the rock WAY too long.

Would you rather him make a single read before tucking the rock and running? Isn't that the major knock against him, that he runs too much? At least he's displaying the understanding that he can't do what he did in college. Now all he needs to do is get the reps to get better at it.

Bullgator
10-24-2011, 03:40 PM
You might could argue the 1st TD drive was prevent (or at least the Fins were playing softer), but the 2nd drive definitely was not....

That long pass to Fells that set up the tying TD was well defended and TT put it right on the money.

Actually one of the plays that Mangini broke down was the willis strike for the big gain in the first drive and right from the rip they never showed prevent...

it looked softer thanks to the spread believe it or not.

vandammage13
10-24-2011, 03:43 PM
Actually one of the plays that Mangini broke down was the willis strike for the big gain in the first drive and right from the rip they never showed prevent...

it looked softer thanks to the spread believe it or not.

Yeah...I agree.

Hopefully Fox/McCoy will get their head out of their ass and run more spread passing sets, or at least run some play-action on 1st down a few times next week.

I'm not counting on it though...I think Fox probably thinks they won because of his conservative philosophy rather than Tebow's late magic, unfortunately.

NorCalBronco7
10-24-2011, 03:55 PM
This is a response, I am not sure if I broke the rules or not.

Listen pal you made a point to comment the Dolphins are #26 in defense and omg it took a miracle to get a win. Your willingly ignorant of the fact that the broncos ran 80% of their plays for the majority of the game. The Dolphins were ranked #6 against the run. What coach makes a game plan that involves playing to the other teams strength? With 3 minutes left in the game Fox concedes the game and turns Tim loose. The rest would be history.
Some stats for you Comp: 17 Att: 37 Yards: 240 Td: 3 Int: 0 Rushes: 14 Rushing Yards: 103 Rushing TD: 1 Starts 1 Wins 1 loses 0
That with no preseason, no training camp and 7 days working with the first team. Everything against the guy and when hes turned him loose to play the game as he can play it he gets it done. That is a football player. And the guy knows what to do to win games. It doesnt look like what others have rubber stamped that it should look like but at the end of the day its a win. And you can ask Tim himself its about winning a game not about him.

Your implying because the Dolphins are strong agianst the run (lol) and weak against the pass, the Broncos should have attacked them more in the passing game. One problem, the passing game was by far the Broncos biggest weakness yesterday. The Broncos were held back by the passing game almost the entire time, and if it wasnt for the running game/defense, Tebow would have never got a chance to win.

How can you complain that Tebow is constrained by the playcalling and that McCoy needs to "let him loose" when the passing game was completely ineffective? I promise you the more consistent the passing game is, the more the offense will throw, but never the other way around, until it absolutely needs to.

vandammage13
10-24-2011, 03:57 PM
Would you rather him make a single read before tucking the rock and running? Isn't that the major knock against him, that he runs too much? At least he's displaying the understanding that he can't do what he did in college. Now all he needs to do is get the reps to get better at it.

That's exactly what I was thinking...Do they want him to tuck and run or stand in the pocket?...Which is it?

NorCalBronco7
10-24-2011, 04:00 PM
That's exactly what I was thinking...Do they want him to tuck and run or stand in the pocket?...Which is it?

Im sure this is what the McCoy wants defensive coordinaters to think....

TT15Superman
10-24-2011, 04:07 PM
I think they want him to go through his progressions vs. running. Therefore, stay in the pocket and make quick accurate throws...unless it breaks down or is a designed QB draw. This is not Florida/Meyer football, so he needs to use his arm before his legs.

Bullgator
10-25-2011, 01:43 AM
Here is where Mangini breaks it all down and says its not prevent D.

HSuq4MwcRfk&feature=related

JaxBroncoGirl
10-25-2011, 07:21 AM
Your implying because the Dolphins are strong agianst the run (lol) and weak against the pass, the Broncos should have attacked them more in the passing game. One problem, the passing game was by far the Broncos biggest weakness yesterday. The Broncos were held back by the passing game almost the entire time, and if it wasnt for the running game/defense, Tebow would have never got a chance to win.

How can you complain that Tebow is constrained by the playcalling and that McCoy needs to "let him loose" when the passing game was completely ineffective? I promise you the more consistent the passing game is, the more the offense will throw, but never the other way around, until it absolutely needs to.

I guess I should have been more clear, this is a response from a national article, not the article itself. Just a fan noticing the game, Tebow and the playcalling. I found it interesting to read someone other than on the
Broncos forum.

JaxBroncoGirl
10-25-2011, 09:38 AM
Here is where Mangini breaks it all down and says its not prevent D.

HSuq4MwcRfk&feature=related

I have always thought of myself as being of average intelligence, can hold a conversation yet, my 104 year old grandmother told me I was flighty. I did not take that so well. Do you know (I am laughing myself into crying) that I just got your sig......................after all this time......LOLLL