PDA

View Full Version : some input please.

underrated29
10-05-2007, 02:40 PM
ok, if anquan boldin cant play, i need to go to the waiver wire. I am torn between two players to fil in his stead

brandon stokely- should have a good game,esp. with henry out, we will be more likely to pass the ball. (and i can root for the broncos more)

bryant johnson- the man filling in for boldin. he has an easier matchup agtainst st. louis, but that could also be his downfall as edgerrin should see most of the scores/touches in the redzone.

as half my team this week is either injured or on a bye its going to be a close game, so i really need to get as many pts as possible.

and since i am typing this i already know who i am starting, but who would you start

thomas jones vs giants
earnest grahm vs colts

underrated29
10-05-2007, 04:46 PM
someone tell me a name

bryant or brandon. i cant make up my mind.

and i got to do it today, because i dont have a computer at home right now.

underrated29
10-05-2007, 05:12 PM
come on. 4 people have viewed this and none can give me a name.

BigBroncLove
10-05-2007, 09:18 PM
Well I am in the same boat with Boldin.

Johnson is an interesting factor, but even when he stepped in for Boldin last week his production wasn't worth talking about. However this week against the Rams he goes head to head with returning CB (from suspension) Fahkir Brown. Brown is a bit of an unknown quantity since he is returning and who knows how much he has improved his game, but last year he was burned big time when it concerns the deep ball. Something Bryant was able to do well last year. It's an interesting matchup.

Stokley on the other hand sounds like he will be taking Walkers place in the #1 spot, allowing Marshall to continue to work in the #2 spot where he puts up good nubers. Against SD the Broncos should be playing the pass to setup the run, not the other way around, since SD's biggest weakness is in the secondary. Stokley has a calf injury so he has that going against him, and I think Marshall will be the go to guy, but Stokley will be an important element.

So here is what I would do, and don't get angry if the other guy has a better week, because I'm no fortune teller, but I'd take Bryant Johnson.

It's a tough decision, but I think the Cardinals D stacks better against the injured Rams better then the Broncos D against LT. Lt will be able to help SD control the clock and keep the ball out of hte Broncos O hands. Also in short goalline situations, I think with the BRoncos so-so pass protection will mean more hot routes, 3 step dropes, and flares in goal line situations. Only a fade pass tends to fall in the lap of Stokley IMO. Meanwhile the Cards will be handing the ball a lot to Edge, and Fitz will see good production, but I like how Bryant looks aginst Brown, especially if Warner is in. I just think Bryant will have more opportunities, while Stokley won't. Either could have big days, especially if Stokley gets open deep and Cutler finds him on time this week (unlike last week when it was a little to alte, and under thrown because Cutler was under pressure) Thats my take.... hopefully its good advice :ahhhhh:

underrated29
10-07-2007, 09:38 AM
thanks brother. thats all i needed. i think i am screwed anyway, but lets try bryant and hope for the best.