PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning/Broncos QB 2012?

DenBronx
10-23-2011, 02:31 AM
Hypothetic of course but would you be happy if the Broncos traded for him in the offseason? This would be only if the Broncos decided to go in a differant direction with Tim Tebow.

I was listening to NFL network and most of them were saying it would be a possibility for the Colts to move on if they landed Luck. They also thought Manning could be had for TWO 2nds or a late 1st. Now, consider that the Raiders gave TWO 1st for Palmer then compare him to Manning. If Peyton neck is ok and he clears I think he could still play another 4-5 years.

So if the front office moved on from TT and we were not able to get Luck, would you like to see P. Manning in orange and blue? I could see Washington and Shanahan salivating to take a risk on him. Can't beat em, join em approach.

Of course TT could still light this season on fire and then thinking like this would only find its way into the black hole. :laugh:

dogfish
10-23-2011, 02:55 AM
aw HEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELL no!

we'd mortgage our entire future for him, pay him a mint for a year or two, and he'd never suit up for us-- almost guaranteed with our luck. . .

nope. . . IF it's proven that he can still play (highly doubt it, he's probably done IMO), a team that's built to win right now like the jets should go after him. . . dude's had three neck surgeries in a year, and is FAR too smart to risk his health when he's already got a couple hundred million chillin' in the bank. . . if he does happen to play another year or two, i certainly can't see it being more than that. . .

i'd rather give two firsts and whatever for luck-- and potentially set us up for 10-15 years-- than trade a high picks or picks to rent manning's corpse for a season or two just so we can get in the playoffs and get killed 'cuz we got no other talent. . .

DenBronx
10-23-2011, 02:59 AM
Not two 1st.

Two 2nds. 2012 and 2013.

John Lynch was considered to be done by the Bucs as well.

I mean if he is cleared to play and TT plays himself out of a job? Why not?

sneakers
10-23-2011, 04:03 AM
We will be the Denver Vikings, taking legendary washed up quarterbacks. No thanks.

Dirk
10-23-2011, 04:45 AM
no thanks

If Tebow doesn't play well enough to be the future I would rather package draft picks to get a QB of the future in the Draft.

Timmy!
10-23-2011, 06:41 AM
**** that noise

Mobile Post via http://Mobile.BroncosForums.com/forums

MOtorboat
10-23-2011, 06:43 AM
lol

Aaron Rodgers plz. TIA

MasterShake
10-23-2011, 09:02 AM
Hypothetically, if Tebow just stunk up the joint this season and we were able to wrangle Mannning next year it would be tempting. But the only way I see us doing that is if we were so close to being a great team and just needed a good QB (like Minnesota did with Favre a few years back). Unfortunately though Manning might give us a few good years we aren't going anywhere. I'd rather use that time to continue to build a young nucleus that can sustain our team long term. The real question is, the future is coming either way - would you rather spend that time building for it or wasting it? Manning on the Broncos is a novelty at this point to me, nothing more.

Ravage!!!
10-23-2011, 09:04 AM
Wait... you guys are saying that Peyton Manning is "washed up"...and comparing it to the Vikings? Really?.... REAALLY?

MasterShake
10-23-2011, 09:07 AM
Wait... you guys are saying that Peyton Manning is "washed up"...and comparing it to the Vikings? Really?.... REAALLY?

I'm not saying he's washed up, I'm saying putting Manning on our team would be like shoving a diamond in a turd. Everyone can say, "Wow, thats pretty. Still smells like shit though..."

Ravage!!!
10-23-2011, 09:11 AM
I'm not saying he's washed up, I'm saying putting Manning on our team would be like shoving a diamond in a turd. Everyone can say, "Wow, thats pretty. Still smells like shit though..."

Yeah.. wasn't really pointing at your post, but I see what you mean.

HOWEVER. This team would be GREATLY changed with a Manning behind center. We've seen time and time again what he does with making mediocre WRs, and very average RBs on his offense (with the injuries to his WRs last year). So the team's offense wouldn't even resemble what we have right now, because it would be AMAZINGLY different with someone like Peyton behind center.

Not to mention it would help out the defense because we could actually score some points.

FlyByU
10-23-2011, 09:17 AM
No thanks even if it was possible. I would rather get Luck, Jones or some young Talent then worn out ole Manning. The Colts should keep him around until he is done playing and put his jersey up to honor him because I think they now see just how sucky they really are and have been if it hadn't been for Manning.

This also goes to show people the effect that yes one player the QB has on a whole team. Manning just out scored what his D allowed and that was a lot of points. Now that they have no QB that can do that they stink to high heaven.

silkamilkamonico
10-23-2011, 09:21 AM
No thanks even if it was possible. I would rather get Luck, Jones or some young Talent then worn out ole Manning. The Colts should keep him around until he is done playing and put his jersey up to honor him because I think they now see just how sucky they really are and have been if it hadn't been for Manning.

This also goes to show people the effect that yes one player the QB has on a whole team. Manning just out scored what his D allowed and that was a lot of points. Now that they have no QB that can do that they stink to high heaven.

Agreed. With Manning we would be going through the same shit in about 4 years that we are right now. Might as well address it with a young prospect through the draft and be done with it.

vettesplus
10-23-2011, 11:19 AM

this post just cracks me up, hit it right on the head.....:lol::lol::lol:

BroncoStud
10-23-2011, 11:49 AM
I would love it if he came to Denver as the OC. I would be happy as hell.

DenBronx
10-23-2011, 11:53 AM

HOWEVER. This team would be GREATLY changed with a Manning behind center. We've seen time and time again what he does with making mediocre WRs, and very average RBs on his offense (with the injuries to his WRs last year). So the team's offense wouldn't even resemble what we have right now, because it would be AMAZINGLY different with someone like Peyton behind center.

Not to mention it would help out the defense because we could actually score some points.

Well, look at the Colts now. :lol:

I mean Manning IS the offense of the Colts. Before he got injured he didnt show any signs of slowing down at all. Heck he just brought them to the superbowl 2 years ago.

DenBronx
10-23-2011, 02:37 PM
So....yeah we all saw the game today.

Let me ask again. If Manning is healthy and the Colts decide to draft Luck would you want him is Indy was willing to trade him for two 2nd rounders?

Or would you want to throw away a 1st on Barkley?

OrangeHoof
10-23-2011, 02:50 PM
Manning would Favre his way onto a contender (probably NFC) if he were ever to be traded. He has enough cache with the Colts ownership that they would ensure Manning would play for a good team that needs a QB, not a bad team that needs a major overhaul. Think Redskins.

DenBronx
11-01-2011, 11:28 PM
Manning would Favre his way onto a contender (probably NFC) if he were ever to be traded. He has enough cache with the Colts ownership that they would ensure Manning would play for a good team that needs a QB, not a bad team that needs a major overhaul. Think Redskins.

Yeah, I'm sure Shanny would love to have him. You can't beat em join em and Shanny loves veteran QBs.

But what if we also signed Reggie Wayne in the offseason as well? He's also a free agent.

With those two Denver would once again be a playoff team every year.

Lancane
11-01-2011, 11:54 PM
Couple things to remember, with Manning comes concerns about his health and age. Granted, that the addition of Peyton Manning to almost any team makes them a contender in the eyes of the media, but for how long? A top that, Irsay is whackier then Willy Wonka on a drug binge, and Polian seems to not be far off from his boss as of late. Let's not forget that Irsay is the idiot who drove to Brett Favre's hometown without notice, tweeted that he was in town so he could try and talk him out of retirement...let's not mention the other crap he's tweeted, he's nuttier then squirrel shit to be honest - so what would he demand in compensation for such a trade?

And is there really a market for what he'd be asking? The only way I'd be interested is if the price tag was reasonable and if we were bringing him in basically in order to groom a younger quarterback (not named Tebow).

NorCalBronco7
11-01-2011, 11:57 PM
If we were contenders it would make sense, but we're not. Pass.

Jsteve01
11-02-2011, 12:19 AM
If we were talking about a Philip Rivers or an Aaron Rodgers then yes, but as others have said, we'd be mortgaging our future for a guy who is a 50/50 to never be the same player. No thanks

BORDERLINE
11-02-2011, 12:21 AM
If Manning is healthy why not? This guy would upgrade the team and everybody around him. He turns average receivers and get's them 100+ yard games. He is one of the best QB's to run the 2 minute drill. Yes he is old but, he has never taken many hits in his career. He knows how to be a pocket passer and moves exceptionally well in that pocket without getting touched.

As far as what we would give for Manning....A mid to late 1st and another 3rd that could turn into a 2nd depending on his play. But all this is contingent on him being healthy.

But what if Denver trades players to a team that has a solid back-up that might be a starter in the NFL. Matt Flynn, Ryan Mallet,Caleb Hanie (played well in the NFCCG). What if Tony Romo is out there and could be got for cheap? Could that also be a possibility we explore?

Lancane
11-02-2011, 12:28 AM
If Manning is healthy why not? This guy would upgrade the team and everybody around him. He turns average receivers and get's them 100+ yard games. He is one of the best QB's to run the 2 minute drill. Yes he is old but, he has never taken many hits in his career. He knows how to be a pocket passer and moves exceptionally well in that pocket without getting touched.

As far as what we would give for Manning....A mid to late 1st and another 3rd that could turn into a 2nd depending on his play. But all this is contingent on him being healthy.

But what if Denver trades players to a team that has a solid back-up that might be a starter in the NFL. Matt Flynn, Ryan Mallet,Caleb Hanie (played well in the NFCCG). What if Tony Romo is out there and could be got for cheap? Could that also be a possibility we explore?

If we traded a first round pick and another high draft pick for Manning, then we're screwed Border...that would prove this front office is officially full of drones and idiots. Who else would give up that much? Washington maybe, but most teams wouldn't touch that trade with a ten foot pole. Irsay would be the laughing stock of the league for demanding such and the team that accepted would be considered an even bigger joke.

I'd rather we traded our next three first round picks for Andrew Luck!

silkamilkamonico
11-02-2011, 01:01 AM

Let me ask again. If Manning is healthy and the Colts decide to draft Luck would you want him is Indy was willing to trade him for two 2nd rounders?

I would invest a first into Landry Jones, who is going to be an exceptional and explosive NFL QB.

tomjonesrocks
11-02-2011, 01:15 AM
Will never happen, but would take him in a second.

DenBronx
11-02-2011, 02:33 AM
If we we're contenders it would make sense, but we're not. Pass.

Sorry but if Manning is healthy he instantly makes this team a contender.

Very few players can do this to a team and he is one of them. The Colts are now the worst team in the NFL without him.

I for one would love to see the general in orange and blue.

Lancane
11-02-2011, 02:49 AM
Sorry but if Manning is healthy he instantly makes this team a contender.

Very few players can do this to a team and he is one of them. The Colts are now the worst team in the NFL without him.

I for one would love to see the general in orange and blue.

So let me get this straight DB, you think he's worth two high draft picks for what would be maybe be two or three years of productivity at tops?

Why not just trade everything for Luck or someone else and have a decade or more of productivity?

I know I would rather remain a contender for years then be a contender for maybe a few.

Dirk
11-02-2011, 05:55 AM
A buddy of mine here at work keeps talking how Peyton would be great for Denver to mentor Tebow.

I just come back with.....How's that working for Painter?

WARHORSE
11-02-2011, 06:21 AM
To be honest, I dont believe the Colts can trade him after signing him to that huge contract.

The cap hit would be too much, and the contract would cuff alot of teams anyway.

No, Id look for Indy to trade Luck for a ransom if they had the first pick.

But if the contract werent an issue, Id say it would depend on the compensation.

Manning would make our Oline twice as good.

He has what it takes, and can still win a superbowl.

claymore
11-02-2011, 06:23 AM
Even if the Colts wanted to get rid of a LOCK first ballot HOF'er for an unproven rookie, we dont have the offensive line for Manning.

Manning is a GREAT QB, an all time great. But... He looks like **** once he gets hit a few times.

JMO

Npba900
11-02-2011, 06:49 AM
Hypothetic of course but would you be happy if the Broncos traded for him in the offseason? This would be only if the Broncos decided to go in a differant direction with Tim Tebow.

I was listening to NFL network and most of them were saying it would be a possibility for the Colts to move on if they landed Luck. They also thought Manning could be had for TWO 2nds or a late 1st. Now, consider that the Raiders gave TWO 1st for Palmer then compare him to Manning. If Peyton neck is ok and he clears I think he could still play another 4-5 years.

So if the front office moved on from TT and we were not able to get Luck, would you like to see P. Manning in orange and blue? I could see Washington and Shanahan salivating to take a risk on him. Can't beat em, join em approach.

Of course TT could still light this season on fire and then thinking like this would only find its way into the black hole. :laugh:

Don't think Manning comes to Denver due to our horrendous OL.

Npba900
11-02-2011, 06:55 AM

Here's another thought. Indy could draft Luck and have Luck sit for 3 years learning the Colts system and how to play QB in the NFL at a high level once the reigns are passed over to him. Afterall, this is what Green Bay did with Aaron Rodgers to eventually take over for Farve.

Dirk
11-02-2011, 07:09 AM
Here's another thought. Indy could draft Luck and have Luck sit for 3 years learning the Colts system and how to play QB in the NFL at a high level once the reigns are passed over to him. Afterall, this is what Green Bay did with Aaron Rodgers to eventually take over for Farve.

Definately a posibility.

Indy has one glaring problem. They need a HC. Caldwell is terrible and has used up all his Dungy cards.

Juriga72
11-02-2011, 07:26 AM
Even if the Colts wanted to get rid of a LOCK first ballot HOF'er for an unproven rookie, we dont have the offensive line for Manning.

Manning is a GREAT QB, an all time great. But... He looks like **** once he gets hit a few times.

JMO

I noticed that Painter has only been sacked 9 times in 168 pass attempts. Tebow 13 times in 76 att....yikes

claymore
11-02-2011, 07:29 AM
I noticed that Painter has only been sacked 9 times in 168 pass attempts. Tebow 13 times in 76 att....yikes

So many problems with this team. Our scheme, coaching, and players are all at fault. We dont do anything but well but punt.

Hope, Hope, Hope Elway can get Luck or Barkley in the draft. Hope, Hope, Hope Elway can get a good OC to develop our young QB.

BroncoStud
11-02-2011, 09:08 AM
Manning would certainly be an upgrade over what we have. That said, would he come to such a struggling franchise? I would prefer to sell the farm and trade for Luck. I almost wish we had only used Tebow in goal-line situations now so his trade value remained high. Him scoring TDs in limited action might make someone like Miami offer up a 2nd rounder for him in 2012, giving us more ammunition for Luck.

Too late now but if he really looked THIS BAD in practice and scrimmages, the front office had to have known it and should have never let him start a game this year.

claymore
11-02-2011, 09:15 AM
Manning would certainly be an upgrade over what we have. That said, would he come to such a struggling franchise? I would prefer to sell the farm and trade for Luck. I almost wish we had only used Tebow in goal-line situations now so his trade value remained high. Him scoring TDs in limited action might make someone like Miami offer up a 2nd rounder for him in 2012, giving us more ammunition for Luck.

Too late now but if he really looked THIS BAD in practice and scrimmages, the front office had to have known it and should have never let him start a game this year.

In all fairness to the organization the Org tried to tell us this without hurting feelings. Tebows fan boi movement was/is so strong that they couldnt not start him.

Tebow is a good dude, but his fan boi movement has been a cancer.

TXBRONC
11-02-2011, 09:18 AM

No. He's what 36 years old and coming off a major injury. Two 2nds is way much for a quarterback that at best could give you two maybe three years.

BroncoJoe
11-02-2011, 09:23 AM
Manning is, and forever will be, a Colt.

BORDERLINE
11-02-2011, 10:14 AM
If we traded a first round pick and another high draft pick for Manning, then we're screwed Border...that would prove this front office is officially full of drones and idiots. Who else would give up that much? Washington maybe, but most teams wouldn't touch that trade with a ten foot pole. Irsay would be the laughing stock of the league for demanding such and the team that accepted would be considered an even bigger joke.

I'd rather we traded our next three first round picks for Andrew Luck!

Cane, Manning if healthy has a lot of seasons left in him. I don't believe we would be a laughing stock if a deal like that was made. For a NFL MVP/Super Bowl Champion he's a coach on the field. Elevate our players performance. Now if we would have traded high picks for Carson Palmer then that's another story but even then if the raidass make the AFCCG then that's a boost for a franchise that has been sucking for 10 plus years and would validate that trade in my eyes.

This season was Manning's first that he has missed, to me his injury should be healed this guy is not gonna be injured for any large period of time playing next season. We have drafted Moreno/Ayers/Thomas/Tebow/Miller 5 first round picks and only one of them looks to be a solid hit and he was drafted 2nd overall.

If we would have traded the Moreno/Ayers/Tebow picks to the Colts or any other team with a franchise QB would you have been against it? I know it's easy to say now that the players have not really panned out but my point is, Manning (if healthy) is a sure thing. The draft is 50/50 that we will hit on a guy. How old is Manning? He's around 36 right? well let's just say that, I can see him playing until he's 41-42. Since he does not take as many hits it's not like he is Farve running around and getting beat up every game.

lgenf
11-02-2011, 10:21 AM
Broncos need to many pieces to give up what they would have to give up to get manning

And he wouldn't enough for us

vandammage13
11-02-2011, 10:34 AM
In the event that Manning were put on the trading block by the Colts (and I don't think this will happen anyway), I feel Manning would most likely veto a trade coming to Denver.

Face it guys...A QB with as much pull as Manning has a say in where he goes, and its not like he's going to look at Denver as a place he can come to and compete for championships in the few remaining years he has left to play.

No MVP caliber QB at the end of his career is going to willingly come to a rebuilding spot where he has no chance to win a SB before he retires.

We are that bad from top to bottom...

That being said, if Manning did want to come here, you would have to be an idiot not to want him if his neck checks out fine.

cuzz4169
11-02-2011, 10:36 AM
If he was healthy enough and cleared to play....hell yes!! just look at the no talent Colts now..he would do the same here. Very few QBs in the NFL can you look at and say that team has a shot to make playoffs or super bowl just bc they are the qb and he is one of them. If he can play for 3-5 yrs good. He would make Denver a contender right away. Slowly in those 3-5 yrs put together all the other pieces.

cuzz4169
11-02-2011, 10:37 AM
In the event that Manning were put on the trading block by the Colts (and I don't think this will happen anyway), I feel Manning would most likely veto a trade coming to Denver.

Face it guys...A QB with as much pull as Manning has a say in where he goes, and its not like he's going to look at Denver as a place he can come to and compete for championships in the few remaining years he has left to play.

No MVP caliber QB at the end of his career is going to willingly come to a rebuilding spot where he has no chance to win a SB before he retires.

We are that bad from top to bottom...

who is a contending team that needs a QB?

T.K.O.
11-02-2011, 10:41 AM
it would'nt cost any draft picks....the Colts have no choice but to cut him if they are moving in a new direction.
the bulk of his contract becomes void if they "cut" him.
every team out there knows this ,so the Colts have no leverage in a trade.
in fact they would likely work with any team willing to take on the huge $$$ hit.
the only way manning goes to another team ( or stays with the Colts for that matter)is to rework his current deal or get cut and sign a new deal elsewhere.
But i dont see draft picks in the mix at all:salute:

vandammage13
11-02-2011, 10:43 AM
who is a contending team that needs a QB?

Any team in the NFC West would fit as that division is so weak and it would be an automatic playoff berth for him.

Chiefs would be much improved with Manning over Cassel and would probably walk away with this division.

Titans are a solid team that would be immediately a contender with Manning instead of Hasselbeck.

Those are just a few off the top of my head...

DenBronx
11-02-2011, 11:24 AM
So let me get this straight DB, you think he's worth two high draft picks for what would be maybe be two or three years of productivity at tops?

Why not just trade everything for Luck or someone else and have a decade or more of productivity?

I know I would rather remain a contender for years then be a contender for maybe a few.

I would of ourse rather have Luck but this thread is about what if Luck isnt available. That would of course mean Indy picked Luck. This is the only way I see Indy dealing P. Manning.

And yes I think two 2nds are worth getting Manning if he clears medically.

Oakland gave two 1st for Palmer. :laugh:

DenBronx
11-02-2011, 11:29 AM

No, if an NFL team drafts a QB #1 overall it means he's worthy of starting day 1. Rogers fell all the way to the late 1st round to a Packers team that didn't expect to take a QB or have a whole lot of needs. They could afford to properly sit Rogers, who by the way alot of people say he looked horrible as a passer.

So, as bad as Tebow looks I think it would be huge for him to sit behind one of the best. Then in 3-4 years he will be a completely different QB, ala Rogers.

Cugel
11-02-2011, 12:10 PM

Manning would NEVER IN HELL come here so it's all academic (he wants to win another Championship. Does Denver look like a championship team in waiting to you?).

But, it would be exactly like Kansas City signing Joe Montana to lead them back in the 90's. All Montana did was give them a few years of respectability. He couldn't do more for the team than that.

And then he was gone and they were no better off than they were before he came. All that does is give you worse draft picks.

Unless you have the FOUNDATION to win now, there's no point getting a veteran QB who can lead you to the playoffs. All that happens then is that you get exposed by better teams.

Then next year you're drafting in the 20's again every round.

That was Mike Shanahan's failing was it not? How soon we forget! :ranger:

BigSarge87
11-02-2011, 03:02 PM
No, if an NFL team drafts a QB #1 overall it means he's worthy of starting day 1. Rogers fell all the way to the late 1st round to a Packers team that didn't expect to take a QB or have a whole lot of needs. They could afford to properly sit Rogers, who by the way alot of people say he looked horrible as a passer.

So, as bad as Tebow looks I think it would be huge for him to sit behind one of the best. Then in 3-4 years he will be a completely different QB, ala Rogers.

Tebow is never going to improve watching Manning. They have completely different skill sets. That's like saying Nate Irving will become a better LB by watching Champ play corner. (okay, not really, but still)

I would give 2 seconds in a heartbeat for Manning, use the high first to draft the best QB available (or trade back into the first and pick up QB with that pick and maybe add a 2nd) and let HIM learn under Manning until Manning retires or gets hurt.

A good GM should be able to wheel and deal to get another 2nd somehow to make up for the ones we lost.

I agree Manning would instantly make this team playoff contenders.

BroncoNut
11-02-2011, 03:20 PM
I'm thinking no. I think Peytons pretty much done.

rcsodak
11-02-2011, 05:42 PM

He has had 2 procedures done to his neck/vertebrae, the last being a fusion. I had the same thing done. I doubt he'll ever play again. JMO

Locnar
11-02-2011, 06:27 PM
No way in hell. We need a young franchise quarterback.

And like others have said, we would be paying way too much and I don't think the return will be worth it.

rcsodak
11-02-2011, 06:34 PM
I can see Indy drafting QB @ #1 easily. With the new rookie wage scale its totally different than '10 and what Bradford received.

Shazam!
11-02-2011, 08:36 PM
Anyone who says NO to Peyton Im not sure of the thought process...

Denver would INSTANTLY become AFC Championship contenders and the AFC West favorites and have a 3 or 4 year window to bring home the Lombardi(s).

I can also see him bringing back Mile High Magic with the frantic offense he runs taking full advantage of the Defense.

I'd honestly be for it if Denver can somehow draft their QB of the future (Barkley) IF it clearly isn't Tim...

It's amazing that he's out for one year with neck injuries after nearly not missing a GAME since 1998, and to fans he's washed up? Fans of the team with the worst QB situation in the NFL??

DenBronx
11-02-2011, 09:34 PM
Peyton would be our best OC since Kubiak.

We wouldnt even need to hire an OC. :elefant:

McCoy who?

Ravage!!!
11-02-2011, 10:37 PM
So you guys are ok paying 25 million to Manning with an injury that can end his career at any moment?

I love Peyton, but he's not going to come to a team like Denver

cuzz4169
11-03-2011, 10:06 PM
So you guys are ok paying 25 million to Manning with an injury that can end his career at any moment?

I love Peyton, but he's not going to come to a team like Denver

I'm sure any contract he signs will have some injury safety net in it.

Buff
11-03-2011, 10:08 PM
Shanny and the Redskins will scoop him up if he hits the open market. But I'd still take Michael Jordan even if he's wearing #45.

Medford Bronco
11-04-2011, 09:07 PM

example the Colts are 0-9 without him and went 10-6 with a lot of the same team

DenBronx
11-04-2011, 09:18 PM
Michael Lombardi said today that if Manning is healthy that they will not trade him. Instead they will trade the draft pick for someone else to take Luck.

This should say all there is to say about Manning. The Colts would rather get 4 years out of Manning in hopes at another SB then to rebuild for their future. I dont blame them either because Luck is no guarantee.

I can't find the report but saw it this morning.

But hey, at least we would have a shot in a trade with them anyway for Luck.

Buff
03-06-2012, 06:23 PM
I think he ends up with Shanahan in Washington.

He tortured Shanny for so many years, I think Shanny will make it so.

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 06:25 PM
I could see Skins/Chiefs/Fins/Browns all jumping on his jock right now.

Slick
03-06-2012, 06:35 PM
The Jets maybe?

SpringsBroncoFan
03-06-2012, 06:43 PM
Tom Jackson said the Broncos signing Peyton would be the only way to shut up the Tebow fans... words to that effect... lol

Northman
03-06-2012, 07:20 PM
Tom Jackson said the Broncos signing Peyton would be the only way to shut up the Tebow fans... words to that effect... lol

It wont shut them up. While most reasonable Bronco fans would be happy with something like that the fanboi's would by crying that Denver doesnt need Manning, etc.

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 07:26 PM
It wont shut them up. While most reasonable Bronco fans would be happy with something like that the fanboi's would by crying that Denver doesnt need Manning, etc.

I would not mind, Tebow would get some much knowledge and help from Manning. Manning is a 2-3 yr player.

MOtorboat
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
If they brought in Manning, Tebow would be done in Denver.

BORDERLINE
03-06-2012, 07:28 PM
IF and only IF FULLY healthy will I be COOL with the Broncos throwing their number in the HAT.

And also depends on what kind of $ Manning is looking for. A lot of variables to brining in a QB of his stature.

rjent
03-06-2012, 07:34 PM
which would make you extremely happy huh.....:lol:

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 07:36 PM

I dont know about that. He is a great team player and everyone loves him. Might be worth keeping him around. He could come around and be a good pocket passer. You dont know he will flop or be traded.

MOtorboat
03-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I dont know about that. He is a great team player and everyone loves him. Might be worth keeping him around. He could come around and be a good pocket passer. You dont know he will flop or be traded.

His contract will be up by then. I don't see him signing with a team that won't play him. It's possible, I just don't think it would be likely. He'd have sat on the bench for almost five years by then, outside of the 11 this past year.

Granted, I don't think this is in any way plausible that Manning becomes a Bronco.

dogfish
03-06-2012, 07:40 PM
I think he ends up with Shanahan in Washington.

He tortured Shanny for so many years, I think Shanny will make it so.

you really think he'd sign in eli's division?

i don't. . .

besides. . . san fran is set up to win a super bowl now-- that's his best fit. . .

slim
03-06-2012, 07:42 PM
you really think he'd sign in eli's division?

i don't. . .

besides. . . san fran is set up to win a super bowl now-- that's his best fit. . .

Why not?

I think Buff is right. Washington needs him and are likely willing to pay him whatever he wants.

MOtorboat
03-06-2012, 07:43 PM
which would make you extremely happy huh.....:lol:

Not really. It means this team would be flushing even more money down the drain. Sure, from a pure football standpoint who wouldn't want a healthy Manning leading their team? But from a team-building perspective it doesn't seem like the logical thing to do, especially since they've professed to building a group of core, young players. And right now, Tebow is one of those players. I have my doubts about him continuing in that role, but for now that's the role he plays.

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 07:47 PM

Yes sir! That means we would shop Tebow for as much as we could get. I don't see Tebow wanting to stay in Denver under that scenario.

So if Khan, the Jags owner said he would have drafted Tebow in the 1st then I guess he can still get his wish and help put Jacks back on the map.

To land Manning for free and to get a 1st for TT then that would be hard to pass up for EFX. We then could also get Wayne in a package deal.

But....I don't know if this is smart on our part to give up on a young QB with a ton of potential.

dogfish
03-06-2012, 07:48 PM
Why not?

respect for his bro's territory?

:noidea:

plus the fact that washington has no skill position talent besides old-ass moss, and he'd have a better chance to win another super bowl elsewhere?

NightTerror218
03-06-2012, 07:49 PM
His contract will be up by then. I don't see him signing with a team that won't play him. It's possible, I just don't think it would be likely. He'd have sat on the bench for almost five years by then, outside of the 11 this past year.

Granted, I don't think this is in any way plausible that Manning becomes a Bronco.

But I take Tebow also as a "pure student" of football and willing to learn behind one of the best for a couple years. He will learn some from Elway but less hands on. His contract would expire but could be resigned. Just look at how Rahim Moore and some of the other young guys are clued to Bailey and Dawkins.

But I think there is no chance Manning is a bronco. Signing him goes against their draft to build team philosophy. It drops a lot of money that could be used to build depth and get young talent.

dogfish
03-06-2012, 07:52 PM
also, in regard to denver, please remember that both champ and elvis got little or no signing bonus on their recent deals, and PAYton is extraordinarily fond of that moolah. . . unless bowlen's ready and willing to do a 180 on upfront cash, there's no chance we'll even be on manning's radar. . .

the one team i'm really curious about is dallas. . . i'm guessing they won't, but there's always the chance they could ditch romo and go after manning. . . it's a jerruh jones type of move, and he's been pretty back and forth lately in his public comments regarding their QB position. . .

DenBronx
03-06-2012, 08:08 PM
also, in regard to denver, please remember that both champ and elvis got little or no signing bonus on their recent deals, and PAYton is extraordinarily fond of that moolah. . . unless bowlen's ready and willing to do a 180 on upfront cash, there's no chance we'll even be on manning's radar. . .

the one team i'm really curious about is dallas. . . i'm guessing they won't, but there's always the chance they could ditch romo and go after manning. . . it's a jerruh jones type of move, and he's been pretty back and forth lately in his public comments regarding their QB position. . .

I wonder if Dallas would trade Romo to Washington. I know it's the same division but Shanahan has always liked Romo.

But then why not just outbid Dallas for Manning aka thorn in Shannys side, and not have to give away draft picks?

MOtorboat
03-06-2012, 08:09 PM
If the Broncos actually were to sign Manning (which is HIGHLY unlikely) I don't know how that couldn't be construed as a no-confidence vote in Tebow.

Magnificent Seven
03-06-2012, 08:10 PM
Not interested in Manning. He has only 2-3 years left. It is not worth to have him on the team. Tebow is our QB. Just stick with Tebow.

chazoe60
03-06-2012, 08:13 PM
I'll tell you a team that becomes an instant SB favorite with a healthy Manning

The 9ers. Imagine that running game with that defense and add in Peyton Manning. Ouch!

dogfish
03-06-2012, 08:16 PM
I wonder if Dallas would trade Romo to Washington. I know it's the same division but Shanahan has always liked Romo.

But then why not just outbid Dallas for Manning aka thorn in Shannys side, and not have to give away draft picks?

it may not be all about the money-- if it's within a couple million bucks, he might choose the better football team. . . and who would he rather throw to-- miles austin, dez bryant, jason witten and possibly laurent robinson? or santana moss, fred davis (after his suspension), and nobody?

i still don't think he'll sign in that division, but if he does i hope it's with washington, just so i can watch him beat shanahan's bitch-ass kid like a rented mule. . . i doubt manning could put up with him for more than a week. . . how hilarious would it be to see shenanigans have to choose between his QB and his kid? or snyder having to choose between shanahan and manning. . . . :lol:

HammeredOut
03-06-2012, 09:35 PM
Not interested in Manning. He has only 2-3 years left. It is not worth to have him on the team. Tebow is our QB. Just stick with Tebow.

This has to be the craziest thing i have ever read in my life.... hahahaahahaahaahahahahahahhahahshsshshshshahhahaha ha

Tebow is a bum... He will always be a bum, and aint worth the toliot paper we wipe our bums with... lol....

@deemason85: Peyton manning and Reggie Wayne to Denver! Great fit
-- Ex-Titans WR Derrick Mason

Buff
03-06-2012, 09:42 PM

Actually, he has been extremely definitive about Romo recently, giving him a vote of confidence at every possible opportunity.

Of course, that means absolutely nothing, but I never miss an opportunity to disagree with someone.

Buff
03-06-2012, 10:00 PM
Here's my logic on Manning going to Washington:

Besides the obvious that both Mike Shanahan and Daniel Snyder have never met a free agent they didn't love...

Shanahan always had big time praise for Manning. Manning sent Shanny a letter when he got canned by Denver. There is a longtime mutual respect there.

Plus it makes so much sense for Shanny's career. He hasn't had the success he's expected in his first two seasons. He likes veteran QBs. He wants to win now. Peyton has to win now, because his window is closing...

I assume Mike is doing everything possible to make it happen.

dogfish
03-06-2012, 10:04 PM
Actually, he has been extremely definitive about Romo recently, giving him a vote of confidence at every possible opportunity.

Of course, that means absolutely nothing, but I never miss an opportunity to disagree with someone.

yea, sure-- but three weeks ago he said the major difference between the giants and cowboys was eli manning. . . .

Here's my logic on Manning going to Washington:

Besides the obvious that both Mike Shanahan and Daniel Snyder have never met a free agent they didn't love...

Shanahan always had big time praise for Manning. Manning sent Shanny a letter when he got canned by Denver. There is a longtime mutual respect there.

Plus it makes so much sense for Shanny's career. He hasn't had the success he's expected in his first two seasons. He likes veteran QBs. He wants to win now. Peyton has to win now, because his window is closing...

I assume Mike is doing everything possible to make it happen.

you guys keep explaining why washington would want manning, which really requires no explanation anyway. . . no one has given a reason why manning would want to go to washington, though. . .

Nomad
03-06-2012, 10:08 PM
Manning to the Chiefs

Buff
03-06-2012, 10:10 PM
yea, sure-- but three weeks ago he said the major difference between the giants and cowboys was eli manning. . . .

you guys keep explaining why washington would want manning, which really requires no explanation anyway. . . no one has given a reason why manning would want to go to washington, though. . .

I just did. His comfort with Shanahan vs. some 1st year head coach or a guy who he isn't as familiar with.

Plus, Snyder has a propensity to spend, and their defense has improved.

Then again, I just remembered Eli is in the division... So it'd never happen. Cancel everything I just said along with my last couple posts.

Buff
03-06-2012, 10:12 PM
Manning to the Chiefs

That is the worst case scenario.

dogfish
03-06-2012, 10:21 PM
Then again, I just remembered Eli is in the division... So it'd never happen. Cancel everything I just said along with my last couple posts.

yea, i keep trying to tell you guys that. . . :laugh:

WARHORSE
03-06-2012, 10:54 PM
Everybody wake up.

Youre dreaming.

Peyton is not coming here.:D

Denver Native (Carol)
03-06-2012, 11:11 PM
The speculation about which teams will pursue Manning has been gaining steam for weeks, and that interest will soon become tangible. League sources have told La Canfora that the Arizona Cardinals, Miami Dolphins, New York Jets, Seattle Seahawks and Washington Redskins will all pursue Manning.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8276d0ff/article/dolphins-jets-among-teams-with-expected-interest-in-manning?module=HP11_headline_stack

MOtorboat
03-06-2012, 11:26 PM
A.) I've always kind of liked Peyton Manning.

B.) I'd like to see him out of the AFC.

C.) I kind of root for the Cardinals.

D.) Peyton, please go to Arizona.

Chef Zambini
03-07-2012, 09:30 AM
A.) I've always kind of liked Peyton Manning.

B.) I'd like to see him out of the AFC.

C.) I kind of root for the Cardinals.

D.) Peyton, please go to Arizona.
wow, something we agree on !

Chef Zambini
03-07-2012, 09:36 AM
Peyton will go to one of 3 teams if its all about the money,and why wouldnt it be since he just dumped the team he loves because they would not pony-up !
redskins, dolphins, and possibly the jets.
If its all about winning, he wants a domed stadium and a good offensive line and receiversso....
houston, dallas and the CARDS are all real possibilities too !
shanny?
if PM goes there, HE will run the offense, NOT shanahan !
peyton will be in charge of the offense WHEREVER he goes !

SOCALORADO.
03-07-2012, 09:38 AM
I could easily see him going to ARI.
Also, wherever he goes hes bringing Reggie Wayne and Pierre Gar-bage with him. This is a package deal.
Suddenly along with Fitz, ARIs offense looks deadly again.

Or a wildcard could be SF. they could throw stupid $$ at Peyton, and with that evil defense really make a push for some SBs. they already have offensive pieces in place. Add into the mix wayne and Gar-bage and peyton could really make life difficult for alot of teams.

Thnikkaman
03-07-2012, 09:39 AM
I seriously think that Manning will land in Baltimore. They are the closest team with a questionable quarterback to winning a super bowl.

MileHighCrew
03-07-2012, 10:02 AM
I hope he goes to Seattle.

Ravage!!!
03-07-2012, 11:39 AM
I think he goes to a team that is pretty ready.....and if he's smart, warm weather. I don't know why some of you woudln't want him here, but considering our division.....I would LOVE Peyton here. I'll say it.... I would LOVE it. I think he has several years of playing time, and is still the smartest player in the NFL. There would be nothing bad about him in a Broncos uniform, other than for the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders.

SOCALORADO.
03-07-2012, 11:43 AM
I think he goes to a team that is pretty ready.....and if he's smart, warm weather. I don't know why some of you woudln't want him here, but considering our division.....I would LOVE Peyton here. I'll say it.... I would LOVE it. I think he has several years of playing time, and is still the smartest player in the NFL. There would be nothing bad about him in a Broncos uniform, other than for the Chiefs, Chargers, and Raiders.

And as a bonus DEN could then let McCoy go. Save some coin.

Ravage!!!
03-07-2012, 11:50 AM
I don't have a problem with McCoy just yet. I think his offense SAVED Tebow, and thus this team. He had a QB that can't throw from the pocket, and had to change the offense about 33% into the season. Starting over with a QB that isn't accurate, isn't easy. Finding plays that Tebow can execute, isn't easy. McCoy definitely was not the problem, imo. Working with Manning will make any OC look good, though.

weazel
03-07-2012, 12:09 PM
LMAO @ Indianapolis

SOCALORADO.
03-07-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't have a problem with McCoy just yet. I think his offense SAVED Tebow, and thus this team. He had a QB that can't throw from the pocket, and had to change the offense about 33% into the season. Starting over with a QB that isn't accurate, isn't easy. Finding plays that Tebow can execute, isn't easy. McCoy definitely was not the problem, imo. Working with Manning will make any OC look good, though.

I was just being sarcastic. I like mcCoy too, and i thought the criticism leveled at him was a joke.
But yeah, Pay a ton wont have much use for him if he was in DEN.
Hes easily one of the best QBs, OCs and HCs in history, and hes still playing. A 1-man wrecking crew.

Denver Native (Carol)
03-07-2012, 02:50 PM
From article

But the primary reason the Broncos won't pursue Manning is they need to find out more about their young quarterback Tim Tebow. By wobble or by will, Tebow took the worst team in football — and that's exactly what their 7-24 record dating back to Nov. 1, 2009 made the Broncos, the NFL's worst team in that span — and led them to the playoffs and a first-round upset of the Pittsburgh Steelers in 2011.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20121559/broncos-likely-stick-tim-tebow-pass-peyton-manning

Some interesting things in article in regards to Manning/Shanahan

tubby
03-07-2012, 05:52 PM
Please please please please get Pey Pey to Denver!

Magnificent Seven
03-07-2012, 06:34 PM
ESPN’s Adam Schefter is reporting the Denver Broncos will be one of the teams that inquire about Peyton Manning, who is now free to sign with any club.

Denver’s interest makes sense. We wrote Tuesday that we thought the Broncos could be one of the teams to make a play for Manning. ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer said Tuesday he believes Denver, along with Arizona, makes the most sense for Manning.

The fact that the Broncos are going to inquire about Manning doesn’t mean they’ll be big players, but it does show the team has some interest in Manning. Let’s look at some of the factors:

Tim Tebow: The Broncos have said Tebow will go to training camp as the starter. I don’t think their interest in Manning is an indication the Broncos are searching for a reason to get out of their commitment to Tebow. The opportunity to sign Manning is a unique one. I think Manning is one of the few quarterbacks Denver could bring in as its starter this season that wouldn’t cause fan backlash. Everyone would have to understand the reason why he is being brought in. However, if Denver’s pursuit of Manning doesn’t go anywhere, I think the Broncos will still give Tebow this season to prove himself.

Broncos VP John Elway: I knew Elway would be tempted to pursue Manning. Both are legendary quarterbacks. Elway owes it to himself to gauge Manning’s interest in being a Bronco.

Coach John Fox: Fox loves veteran quarterbacks, and he has a very outgoing personality. Players love working for him and he runs a player-friendly show. The defensive specialist would give Manning the keys to the offense.

Supporting cast: Manning could make a major difference on this team. He would benefit from the team's strong running game and the Broncos do have some young receivers and an improving defense. The Broncos would still have to add a receiver or two and a tight end in addition to their other needs. They have room under the salary cap to get better. I don’t think this roster would be a deterrent for Manning.

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/40792/why-denver-is-interested-in-manning

PAINTERDAVE
03-07-2012, 07:21 PM
Manning is 36 years old...
has had 4 neck surgerys..
and has been out of football for a year.

I dont have any confidance that he will make it through another season...
heck... every QB is one hit away from catastrophe anyway.

I dont wish him any harm.. I like the guy...
but I think whatever team hires him is gonna pay a TON of money...
and then when he goes in to surgery for operation #5..
the team will be right back to square one.

I dont want that scenario for my Broncos.

TXBRONC
03-07-2012, 07:21 PM

I have a very hard time seeing Denver big money into a 35 year old quarterback coming off of a major injury.

BroncoNut
03-08-2012, 03:09 PM
no thanks. he can take his wife beating drug dealing ass somewhere else

Npba900
03-09-2012, 11:06 PM

In 2-3 years Tebow could be a failure as well.....and then the Broncos would be back to square one!!!!

Npba900
03-09-2012, 11:12 PM
Manning is 36 years old...
has had 4 neck surgerys..
and has been out of football for a year.

I dont have any confidance that he will make it through another season...
heck... every QB is one hit away from catastrophe anyway.

I dont wish him any harm.. I like the guy...
but I think whatever team hires him is gonna pay a TON of money...
and then when he goes in to surgery for operation #5..
the team will be right back to square one.

I dont want that scenario for my Broncos.

What's wrong with allowing Tebow to sit and learn from Manning? After all, Tebow is still a project QB.

DenBronx
12-09-2012, 10:56 PM
Looking back, the comments in this thread were funny.

You guys can all thank me now. It was my idea.....Elway must have read this post. He has been stealing all of my ideas for the past couple of years now. :laugh:

But in the end we got Manning without giving up anything except money....and no one believed he would ever be the same.

BroncoWave
12-09-2012, 11:05 PM
Looking back, the comments in this thread were funny.

You guys can all thank me now. It was my idea.....Elway must have read this post. He has been stealing all of my ideas for the past couple of years now. :laugh:

But in the end we got Manning without giving up anything except money....and no one believed he would ever be the same.

Great thread bump! Lots of crow to be eaten by some posters here!

DenBronx
12-09-2012, 11:20 PM

So many "awwwww hell nah" comments. All 3 pages were amusing.

You know, they all will call you crazy until they find out you are correct. hahaha

Simple Jaded
12-10-2012, 12:56 AM
What woulda turned out to be Wolfe and Osweiler is what DenBronx was suggesting as trade value.......

BroncoJoe
12-10-2012, 09:07 AM
Manning is, and forever will be, a Colt.

Great bump!

Very interesting to read the comments - including this one of mine. My biggest concern with bringing Manning here would be the headline "Broncos" would be replaced with "Manning".

MasterShake
12-10-2012, 09:47 AM
Hypothetically, if Tebow just stunk up the joint this season and we were able to wrangle Mannning next year it would be tempting. But the only way I see us doing that is if we were so close to being a great team and just needed a good QB (like Minnesota did with Favre a few years back). Unfortunately though Manning might give us a few good years we aren't going anywhere. I'd rather use that time to continue to build a young nucleus that can sustain our team long term. The real question is, the future is coming either way - would you rather spend that time building for it or wasting it? Manning on the Broncos is a novelty at this point to me, nothing more.

MasterShake, you are one dumb mother ******.

MasterShake
12-10-2012, 09:47 AM

Reported!

weazel
12-10-2012, 12:05 PM
some great comments in there haha

topscribe
12-10-2012, 12:45 PM
. . . And I'll bet it tastes delicious to every one of them.

The Broncos fans, that is . . .

silkamilkamonico
12-10-2012, 12:54 PM
Where Lancane been?

slim
12-10-2012, 01:00 PM
Man, some of you guys are stupid.

Nomad
12-10-2012, 01:14 PM
Man, some of you guys are stupid.

Really....to believe Manning would have been dumb enough to be a Chief.....:doh: what was I thinking:lol:

BroncoNut
12-10-2012, 01:18 PM
I didn't think Manning would come back to the NFL as a player. boy was a wrong.

Thnikkaman
12-10-2012, 01:24 PM
I was thinking the Ravens should have gone after Manning. Well, I'm glad they didn't.

OrangeHoof
12-10-2012, 02:34 PM
The key thing to understand about this thread is that the Colts still had Manning's rights at the time and would have been expected to trade him for at least a first but probably a lot more. We didn't know at the time that the Colts would let him walk rather than pay the big balloon payment he was due.

Props to Elway for signing him without giving up draft picks in return. Of course, we don't know yet how far he will take us in the playoffs. At least I no longer fear him spending the rest of his career in traction. He seems to really want one more ring now that his brother has two. I don't thing he hangs it up until his body just quits.

Joel
12-10-2012, 02:37 PM
Why so? What has changed since you posted the earlier comment? Denver clinched a single division title, and that's great: How've we done against playoff teams this year? The Falcons, Texans and Patriots destroyed us, but we MIGHT have managed to beat a playoff team if Pitt and/or Tampa can hang on and get a wildcard. Holy Jeebus, folks, has it been so long since we had a 10 win season that we're crowning ourselves champions and Peyton our savior at 10-3? If it's just about winning the division and making the playoffs ONCE, guess what: We did that last year.

Are we suddenly close to being a great team that just needs a solid QB? How? Are we suddenly going somewhere in the few years Manning gives us? Truly? Has the "real question"—whether we want to spend the future-rapidly-becoming-present building a dynasty or wasting it on a novelty—suddenly changed?

This will be fun to watch while it lasts, though I must remind you all anything less than a Conference Championship appearance is no improvement on last year. Regardless, the core problem is that this won't last long and we are still missing a lot of pieces. It's masked somewhat by Brooking and Koppens excellent relief play at MLB and C, but those guys are living on borrowed time, too. Put another way, those are two more vital positions we'll have to find long term answers for in 2014, in addition to QB. And we have $20 million less/year in cap money with which to do it.

When Koppen goes Kuper will be our only G worthy of the name; Franklin's a pretty good G, but unfortunately an average (at best) RT. That might be survivable with someone like Adrian Peterson in our backfield, but we have McGahee, Moreno and Hillman. The first two are hurt a lot, too, though much of that is because their turnstile guards let them get hit in the backfield so often. Vickerson's impressed me, and Wolfe is justifying his pick, but we still lack a legit run-stopping, double-team-demanding, pocket-collapsing DT. Just like we don't have a legit MLB to cover, run-stop, blitz and be to the D what Manning is to the offense.

None of this is news to serious longtime Broncos fans. We'll have to address most, if not all, these problems before we can play Super Bowl teams without being curbstomped like we were against Houston, Atlanta and New England. How? With the #20+ pick in each round of the draft? With $20 million less cap money than every other team? I'm enjoying the show, but still convinced it'll end as a tragedy rather than comedy.

BroncoWave
12-10-2012, 03:19 PM
Why so? What has changed since you posted the earlier comment? Denver clinched a single division title, and that's great: How've we done against playoff teams this year? The Falcons, Texans and Patriots destroyed us, but we MIGHT have managed to beat a playoff team if Pitt and/or Tampa can hang on and get a wildcard. Holy Jeebus, folks, has it been so long since we had a 10 win season that we're crowning ourselves champions and Peyton our savior at 10-3? If it's just about winning the division and making the playoffs ONCE, guess what: We did that last year.

Are we suddenly close to being a great team that just needs a solid QB? How? Are we suddenly going somewhere in the few years Manning gives us? Truly? Has the "real question"—whether we want to spend the future-rapidly-becoming-present building a dynasty or wasting it on a novelty—suddenly changed?

This will be fun to watch while it lasts, though I must remind you all anything less than a Conference Championship appearance is no improvement on last year. Regardless, the core problem is that this won't last long and we are still missing a lot of pieces. It's masked somewhat by Brooking and Koppens excellent relief play at MLB and C, but those guys are living on borrowed time, too. Put another way, those are two more vital positions we'll have to find long term answers for in 2014, in addition to QB. And we have $20 million less/year in cap money with which to do it.

When Koppen goes Kuper will be our only G worthy of the name; Franklin's a pretty good G, but unfortunately an average (at best) RT. That might be survivable with someone like Adrian Peterson in our backfield, but we have McGahee, Moreno and Hillman. The first two are hurt a lot, too, though much of that is because their turnstile guards let them get hit in the backfield so often. Vickerson's impressed me, and Wolfe is justifying his pick, but we still lack a legit run-stopping, double-team-demanding, pocket-collapsing DT. Just like we don't have a legit MLB to cover, run-stop, blitz and be to the D what Manning is to the offense.

None of this is news to serious longtime Broncos fans. We'll have to address most, if not all, these problems before we can play Super Bowl teams without being curbstomped like we were against Houston, Atlanta and New England. How? With the #20+ pick in each round of the draft? With $20 million less cap money than every other team? I'm enjoying the show, but still convinced it'll end as a tragedy rather than comedy.

This is just unbelievably, 100% false. Even if we do fall short of the AFCCG, that is not the endpoint when comparing seasons. Last year's team had 2 or 3 unbelievably lucky wins that if you play out 100 times we probably lose 90 of them (Miami and Chicago games). Based on probablility we should have been 6-10. There has been no game we won this year that involved some huge stoke of luck to attain.

Assuming we finish at least 12-4, that will be a 4 win improvement and double the expected win total from last season.

And let's say NE knocks us out in the divisional round but it comes down to the wire. That is an improvement over the blowout to them last season.

To simplify it so much as to say that only an AFCCG can be improvement over last season REALLY exposes your biases in this argument.

BroncoWave
12-10-2012, 03:22 PM
It's also comical to say we were "curbstomped" against Atlanta, NE and Houston. We came within a possession of having a chance in all of those games and that was still early in the season before either the O or D were in full swing. We have plenty of solid wins against teams like Pitt, NO, Cincy, and Tampa. No those aren't elite teams, but still solid wins nonetheless. I really hope we beat the Ravens this week so you will stop it with this "Denver can't beat good teams" nonsense.

BroncoJoe
12-10-2012, 03:57 PM
Why on earth would anyone use yellow to highlight a point?

weazel
12-10-2012, 04:06 PM
This is just unbelievably, 100% false. Even if we do fall short of the AFCCG, that is not the endpoint when comparing seasons. Last year's team had 2 or 3 unbelievably lucky wins that if you play out 100 times we probably lose 90 of them (Miami and Chicago games). Based on probablility we should have been 6-10. There has been no game we won this year that involved some huge stoke of luck to attain.

Assuming we finish at least 12-4, that will be a 4 win improvement and double the expected win total from last season.

And let's say NE knocks us out in the divisional round but it comes down to the wire. That is an improvement over the blowout to them last season.

To simplify it so much as to say that only an AFCCG can be improvement over last season REALLY exposes your biases in this argument.

I agree... something tells me this was posted by a tebow apologist.

MasterShake
12-10-2012, 04:21 PM

First of all, we were hardly "curb-stomped" against Houston and Atlanta, and our worst loss probably came to New England and even that was in doubt late before Willis fumbled.

You can make the argument that we mortgaged our future in a way, but what was our future this time last year? A QB in Tim Tebow that while exciting was beginning to show huge flaws in the type of game he could play. Lets not forget outside of beating a injury riddled Big Ben and Pittsburgh we were on a late season slide and backed into the playoffs. He was a great football player, but I really couldn't tell if it was his miraculous play that was getting the job done or our defense. In hindsight and with nearly a full season of Manning, I can honestly say it was our defense that attributed most to those wins. This year we are a much more balanced team and the defense is even better and the offense can hold its own.

So no, we are not "suddenly a great team that just needs a solid QB" but we are a great team with a GREAT QB. You can't tell me that players like Champ want to slowly build towards the future. Elway is making a play to win NOW and we are fighting for a first round bye and top seeding with one of the best records in the entire NFL right now. I'm a longtime Bronco fan myself and I remember the Super Bowl runs vividly. These teams are on par with those in many ways, and if we can make a play now for a championship then I see no reason not to do it. There are no guarantees with 1st round QB's, but there are some when you have a 1st Ballot Hall of Famer on your roster. I'll take that over a prospect of the future any day.

slim
12-10-2012, 04:28 PM
Why on earth would anyone use yellow to highlight a point?

Yellow is the most commonly used color of highlighter, Joe.

I have two yellow highlighters in my desk right now.

NightTrainLayne
12-10-2012, 04:38 PM

The human brain "sees" yellow first.

slim
12-10-2012, 04:39 PM
The human brain "sees" yellow first.

This explains the Asians relatively easy transition to western life.

Nomad
12-10-2012, 04:40 PM

Yellow is my highlighter of choice, though I do use multiple colors on the calendar for different scheduling with my little girl and boys......pink for my girl, green for one boy and blue for the other, orange is used for general. :)

DenBronx
12-10-2012, 04:43 PM
I have to be honest here, if we don't at least get to the AFCCG I will be disapointed. I think this team can beat anyone right now. So I will be a little heart broken if we don't go farther then we did last year.

With Manning here the window is short and I am hoping for at least 1 SB.

Joel
12-10-2012, 05:33 PM

Losing in the divisional round is losing in the divisional round, by 1 point or 1 million. Unless the opponent humiliated us by setting a record, a divisional round loss would be the "status quo pre Manning." It might be anyway; I seem to recall hearing something about the Pats scoring TDs on their first five drives last year being a record. $20 million would be a heckuva price to repeat last years accomplishment.

It's also comical to say we were "curbstomped" against Atlanta, NE and Houston. We came within a possession of having a chance in all of those games and that was still early in the season before either the O or D were in full swing. We have plenty of solid wins against teams like Pitt, NO, Cincy, and Tampa. No those aren't elite teams, but still solid wins nonetheless. I really hope we beat the Ravens this week so you will stop it with this "Denver can't beat good teams" nonsense.
All three of those teams destroyed us by halftime, then spent the entire second half killing the clock with three-yards-and-a-cloud-of-dust offense prevent D. Their victory MARGIN narrowed somewhat once we knew exactly what they would call on every down, and they conceded long plays to the middle of the field while attempting few that weren't short runs. Their VICTORY was never in doubt after halftime. Don't think of it as coming within a score of tying 2/3 of our playoff opponents: Think of it as not being ABLE to get closer than one score to any of them even when they gave away huge chunks of yards (in exchange for time) while seldom trying to gain more than a handful (in exchange for time.)

First of all, we were hardly "curb-stomped" against Houston and Atlanta, and our worst loss probably came to New England and even that was in doubt late before Willis fumbled.
Maybe you thought we were in those games at some point in the second half, but I guarantee our opponents didn't, or they would've gone back to the game plans that mauled us in the first half.

You can make the argument that we mortgaged our future in a way, but what was our future this time last year? A QB in Tim Tebow that while exciting was beginning to show huge flaws in the type of game he could play. Lets not forget outside of beating a injury riddled Big Ben and Pittsburgh we were on a late season slide and backed into the playoffs. He was a great football player, but I really couldn't tell if it was his miraculous play that was getting the job done or our defense. In hindsight and with nearly a full season of Manning, I can honestly say it was our defense that attributed most to those wins. This year we are a much more balanced team and the defense is even better and the offense can hold its own.

So no, we are not "suddenly a great team that just needs a solid QB" but we are a great team with a GREAT QB. You can't tell me that players like Champ want to slowly build towards the future. Elway is making a play to win NOW and we are fighting for a first round bye and top seeding with one of the best records in the entire NFL right now. I'm a longtime Bronco fan myself and I remember the Super Bowl runs vividly. These teams are on par with those in many ways, and if we can make a play now for a championship then I see no reason not to do it. There are no guarantees with 1st round QB's, but there are some when you have a 1st Ballot Hall of Famer on your roster. I'll take that over a prospect of the future any day.
If nothing's changed, nothing's changed. We added Wolfe, Brooking and Koppen (and lost Bunkley.) Oh, and I grant that Mike Adams and Jim Leonhard are better than the awful safeties we had after Dawk went down; beyond that, since Drayton Florence is no longer on the team and Tracy Porter hasn't played in a month all I can say is that Chris Harris has improved as much as I hoped. Unless you think that handful of budget FAs (two of whom have the same shelf life as Manning) plus a draft pick made us a great team that just needed a great QB, everything you said last year remains true. However many regular season games we win or don't. If building for the future with a young team was a good idea then it still is; if it's not now, it wasn't then. Simple as that. When the facts change I change my opinion, but the facts haven't changed.

MasterShake
12-10-2012, 05:55 PM
If nothing's changed, nothing's changed. We added Wolfe, Brooking and Koppen (and lost Bunkley.) Oh, and I grant that Mike Adams and Jim Leonhard are better than the awful safeties we had after Dawk went down; beyond that, since Drayton Florence is no longer on the team and Tracy Porter hasn't played in a month all I can say is that Chris Harris has improved as much as I hoped. Unless you think that handful of budget FAs (two of whom have the same shelf life as Manning) plus a draft pick made us a great team that just needed a great QB, everything you said last year remains true. However many regular season games we win or don't. If building for the future with a young team was a good idea then it still is; if it's not now, it wasn't then. Simple as that. When the facts change I change my opinion, but the facts haven't changed.

Jack Del Rio was a big change. Woodyard stepping up his game is a big change. Von Miller becoming a total defensive force (both run game and pass rush) is a big change.

And here are the facts that have made a big change. This year for total Defense Denver is ranked #4. Last year we were #20. Total offense in 2011? #24. This year? #4. We are 10-3 and AFC West Champs before Santa even had a chance to shuffle his lard butt down a chimney. Does that gaurantee that we will be a deep playoff team? No. But those are facts that are unquestionably better than last season.

I have no clue what the future holds but right now we are one of the top 5 maybe even 3 teams in the NFL. Those are facts I can live with, especially if the world ends this year. :)

BroncoWave
12-10-2012, 05:56 PM
I have to be honest here, if we don't at least get to the AFCCG I will be disapointed. I think this team can beat anyone right now. So I will be a little heart broken if we don't go farther then we did last year.

With Manning here the window is short and I am hoping for at least 1 SB.

If we have to play NE before the AFCCG we could very easily lose to them. It would be disappointing, but I wouldn't consider the season a failure by any measure.

BroncoWave
12-10-2012, 06:00 PM
Losing in the divisional round is losing in the divisional round, by 1 point or 1 million. Unless the opponent humiliated us by setting a record, a divisional round loss would be the "status quo pre Manning." It might be anyway; I seem to recall hearing something about the Pats scoring TDs on their first five drives last year being a record. $20 million would be a heckuva price to repeat last years accomplishment.

You are either an insane Tebow apologist or you have no idea how football works, hell, it's probably one in the same.

In one game playoffs, ANYTHING can happen. Sometimes good teams get upset early (Packers last year), and other times more mediocre teams have a great day (7-9 Seahawks) or get hot at the right time (last season's Giants). To base the performance of the entire season on one single game is just completely laughable.

If you really think that a 12-4 season where we lose a close game in the divisional round is exactly the same as an 8-8 season (that should have been 6-10) in which we get blown out of the divisional round is the same thing, then you are so hopelessly biased there is nothing else that can really be said to you on the matter.

DenBronx
12-10-2012, 06:01 PM
If we have to play NE before the AFCCG we could very easily lose to them. It would be disappointing, but I wouldn't consider the season a failure by any measure.

Yeah, that's the one team that is going to make me nervous. I don't think we would have failed but I want us to go deeper into the plaoffs this time. Its been way too long....and really I want to shut up raider fans. haha

MasterShake
12-10-2012, 06:51 PM
Yeah, that's the one team that is going to make me nervous. I don't think we would have failed but I want us to go deeper into the plaoffs this time. Its been way too long....and really I want to shut up raider fans. haha

My friend at work is a big Patriots fan (born and raised in Boston, fan since they sucked) and he admitted the only team that rattles him is Denver right now. Even he said we are a different team now then we were earlier. If we make it to the AFCCG that would be huge, but if we make it there we may as well win. :)

FanInAZ
12-10-2012, 07:48 PM
Wow, I didn't comment once on this thread the 1st time around. It might have been that I just view it as another version of an anti-Tebow thread. There was about a million or so of them going on at the time, so I eventually got tired of reading them and therefore didn’t even open at least half of them.

Nevertheless, I did clearly state that there was no way that we would bring in Manning. If confessed this in great length over the course of this season, but I guess I can do it 1 more time being how this is being turned into a confessional thread.

DenBronx
12-10-2012, 08:05 PM
We need a confession booth thread. All of our sins can be confessed and instead og hail marys we will eat crow.

DenBronx
12-10-2012, 08:07 PM

My friend at work is a big Patriots fan (born and raised in Boston, fan since they sucked) and he admitted the only team that rattles him is Denver right now. Even he said we are a different team now then we were earlier. If we make it to the AFCCG that would be huge, but if we make it there we may as well win. :)

Denver would even rattle Denver. Were red hot right now!!

Dapper Dan
12-10-2012, 11:59 PM
The beginning of this thread is hilarious.

MasterShake
12-11-2012, 12:12 AM
The beginning of this thread is hilarious.

It is, but to be fair I think this came up before we went on our magical little win streak last year or right at the start of it.

Simple Jaded
12-11-2012, 01:40 AM
For all the verbiage in Joel's posts they can most often be condensed to just three simple points; 1) Tim Tebow 2) Win later > Win now and 3) $20 Million.......

Dapper Dan
12-11-2012, 01:45 AM
For all the verbiage in Joel's posts they can most often be condensed to just three simple points; 1) Tim Tebow 2) Win later > Win now and 3) $20 Million.......

Thanks.

BroncoJoe
12-11-2012, 10:04 AM

Don't get smart with me, fatass.

I use the work friendly version which has a white background. Yellow is not visible. Why choose yellow when Orange is readily available?

Thnikkaman
12-11-2012, 10:13 AM
Don't get smart with me, fatass.

I use the work friendly version which has a white background. Yellow is not visible. Why choose yellow when Orange is readily available?

Why cater to one person when the majority of the board uses the blue background?

weazel
12-11-2012, 04:06 PM
I think the Pats beat us handily...

BroncoJoe
12-11-2012, 04:07 PM
Why cater to one person when the majority of the board uses the blue background?

Why use yellow when the Broncos colors are orange and blue?

PatriotsGuy
12-11-2012, 04:11 PM
Finally some highlighter banter, I've been chomping at the bit for it!

BroncoWave
12-11-2012, 05:40 PM
Finally some highlighter banter, I've been chomping at the bit for it!

I never knew my highlighting choices would start such controversy!

Ravage!!!
12-11-2012, 05:53 PM

I would just like to quote my own post from October 23rd of 2011.... tyvm

slim
12-11-2012, 06:03 PM
I would just like to quote my own post from October 23rd of 2011.... tyvm

So you thought that acquiring one of the 5 best QBs of all time would help improve the team?

Way to go out on a limb.

Ravage!!!
12-11-2012, 06:45 PM
So you thought that acquiring one of the 5 best QBs of all time would help improve the team?

Way to go out on a limb.

yeah..I pushed the envelope. However, we were both talking about the same QB in this thread, and what was it you said?

Ravage!!!
12-11-2012, 06:46 PM
Joel is once again on his "we made a mistake not keeping Tebow because Manning isn't a 10 year plan"... brilliance.

Actually, Jaded is pretty dead on with his cliff-notes.

slim
12-12-2012, 12:57 PM
yeah..I pushed the envelope. However, we were both talking about the same QB in this thread, and what was it you said?

I don't think I said anything, other than I thought that Was would make a run at him.

Dzone
12-13-2012, 12:04 PM
Since this is a Manning thread, I heard that his 2004 season was the greatest ever by a qb.
Is Manning better than Tom Brady? Probably doesnt matter because they both are great.
Heres an interesting article about that 2004season
http://bleacherreport.com/articles/137261-peyton-manning-had-a-more-impressive-season-in-2004-than-tom-brady-did-in-2007

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 12:39 PM

I love Peyton, but he's not going to come to a team like Denver...but rav you also said this.

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 12:51 PM
The human brain "sees" yellow first.is that why pee is called #1 and poop #2
do we see brown second?
I need to buy me some brown highlighter...
as long as that is ok with joe.
i dont want to upset joes highlighter applecart.

Ravage!!!
12-13-2012, 12:57 PM
...but rav you also said this.

Yeah.. I didn't want to get my hopes up.

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 03:55 PM
I thought the broncos had lile chance to land PFM !
I under-estimated JFE and I had no clue that staying out of the NFC was so important to him and his family!
PFM is a bronco! for all of us, christmas came early
and JFE is executive of the year !
thats one award that is in the bag !

DenBronx
12-13-2012, 04:29 PM
I thought the broncos had lile chance to land PFM !
I under-estimated JFE and I had no clue that staying out of the NFC was so important to him and his family!
PFM is a bronco! for all of us, christmas came early
and JFE is executive of the year !
thats one award that is in the bag !

What other teams in the AFC would have looked appealing to him though? KC? Titans??? I think he just didnt want to go to the NFC at all cost even though he interviewed with the Cards and met Harbaugh. Denver I think was the only logical choice. Not just for the money but our defense was on the rise, great running game with a stud WR. His relationship with Elway and I think respect for Bowlen and Fox was also key. Then add in the fact we let him hand pick a couple of guys to bring with him. Denvers history and the rest of the AFCW looks pretty weak I think all were appealing to him as well.

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 04:40 PM
What other teams in the AFC would have looked appealing to him though? KC? Titans??? I think he just didnt want to go to the NFC at all cost even though he interviewed with the Cards and met Harbaugh. Denver I think was the only logical choice. Not just for the money but our defense was on the rise, great running game with a stud WR. His relationship with Elway and I think respect for Bowlen and Fox was also key. Then add in the fact we let him hand pick a couple of guys to bring with him. Denvers history and the rest of the AFCW looks pretty weak I think all were appealing to him as well.all true, I just had no idea he was so determined to stay in the AFC and avoid seeing his bro until the big one !
who knew the manning brothers would ake their ques from the williams sisters !
I thought PFM would go to the 49ers for all the reasons you discribe! all except that part about the AFC !

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 04:41 PM
all true, I just had no idea he was so determined to stay in the AFC and avoid seeing his bro until the big one !
who knew the manning brothers would ake their ques from the williams sisters !
I thought PFM would go to the 49ers for all the reasons you discribe! all except that part about the AFC !
maybe that oreo cookie commercial played a role in all this?

Simple Jaded
12-13-2012, 05:43 PM
What other teams in the AFC would have looked appealing to him though? KC? Titans??? I think he just didnt want to go to the NFC at all cost even though he interviewed with the Cards and met Harbaugh. Denver I think was the only logical choice. Not just for the money but our defense was on the rise, great running game with a stud WR. His relationship with Elway and I think respect for Bowlen and Fox was also key. Then add in the fact we let him hand pick a couple of guys to bring with him. Denvers history and the rest of the AFCW looks pretty weak I think all were appealing to him as well.

The Chefs would be an entirely different team with Manning and I am so glad there is no Luck/RG3 in next years draft.......

Ravage!!!
12-13-2012, 07:05 PM
The Chefs would be an entirely different team with Manning and I am so glad there is no Luck/RG3 in next years draft.......

So would the Titans... they have decent WRs and a good RB. They could have been a good team for PM as well. I'm Sooo glad the Chiefs didn't get him. I'm also very glad that the Chiefs decided to get the 1st overall pick on the wrong year. I don't want them having Andrew Luck, either.

Chef Zambini
12-13-2012, 07:37 PM
elway wanted luck. its ironic we ended up with manning.
instead of Luck, we got lucky.

wayninja
12-16-2012, 05:06 AM
Manning has been great, but I still firmly remain skeptical about his ability to produce in any long term way. We are doing awesome and I wouldn't trade that for anything, but, maybe it's the last 10 years talking, but I just don't see it lasting. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I see it blowing up fast in the playoffs (still don't think we can beat the Pats), and going downhill from there. Don't think Peyton will get better each year and yet with our division, we will continue to do well each year, edging us out of the best draft pics.

Meh, I'm doom and gloom, probably wrong, haven't been right about much lately.

Chef Zambini
12-16-2012, 12:13 PM
before this neck thing, PFM never missed a game!
his personnal history indicates thaT HIS TOP TIER performance will continue every thing about him indicates that what he is doing this season is no fluke, and each week he seems to be able to bring up the level of play of his teammates on BOTH sides of the ball.
he is a ploayer. a leader, he is JFE, take two.

SR
12-16-2012, 12:15 PM
Manning has been great, but I still firmly remain skeptical about his ability to produce in any long term way. We are doing awesome and I wouldn't trade that for anything, but, maybe it's the last 10 years talking, but I just don't see it lasting. I sincerely hope I'm wrong, but I see it blowing up fast in the playoffs (still don't think we can beat the Pats), and going downhill from there. Don't think Peyton will get better each year and yet with our division, we will continue to do well each year, edging us out of the best draft pics.

Meh, I'm doom and gloom, probably wrong, haven't been right about much lately.

I don't think the Broncos can beat the Pats either, but I disagree with everything else you said.

DenBronx
12-16-2012, 02:15 PM

Differant yes. Better than the Broncos? No.

Simple Jaded
12-16-2012, 05:30 PM
With last years QB, abso-*******-lutely.......

BroncoWave
12-16-2012, 07:15 PM

You seriously think if Manning was the Chiefs QB and Tebow was ours this season the Broncos would be better? Hah, ok. Pass over some of what you're smoking...

DenBronx
12-16-2012, 07:21 PM
You seriously think if Manning was the Chiefs QB and Tebow was ours this season the Broncos would be better? Hah, ok. Pass over some of what you're smoking...

Ehhh I'm not so sure we would have even stuck with Tebow even if we wouldnt have got Manning. I know Manning was a way to dump Tebow but I'm just not so sure how long Elway would have let Tebow stay while not completing 50% of his passes.

Our defense is no joke. I think with Tebow we still might have won 7 or 8 games on the year and the division would have been alot tighter. Would Manning be 11-3 with the Chiefs at this point? Is that what you think?

SR
12-16-2012, 07:27 PM

No shit. We are a 6-10 team with the ONLY change being Tebow instead of Manning

SR
12-16-2012, 07:28 PM
Ehhh I'm not so sure we would have even stuck with Tebow even if we wouldnt have got Manning. I know Manning was a way to dump Tebow but I'm just not so sure how long Elway would have let Tebow stay while not completing 50% of his passes.

Our defense is no joke. I think with Tebow we still might have won 7 or 8 games on the year and the division would have been alot tighter. Would Manning be 11-3 with the Chiefs at this point? Is that what you think?

Our defense is good in large part to what happens on offense. Playing from behind this defense isn't a top 10 over the course of a season. Like last year...not a top 10 defense but they were largely responsible for this team making the playoffs...played from behind all year

BroncoWave
12-16-2012, 07:44 PM

If we were only a 7-8 win team the Chiefs wouldn't have to win 11 games to have a better record...

Simple Jaded
12-16-2012, 08:46 PM

Oh, you mean to compare both teams with Manning? You're right.......

Dapper Dan
12-16-2012, 09:58 PM
Chiefs suck. Go Broncos.

BroncoWave
12-16-2012, 10:02 PM
Oh, you mean to compare both teams with Manning? You're right.......

Honestly, if you take out the QB I don't think the talent gap between the Broncos and Chiefs is all that wide. We only won 1 more game than them last season. Manning masks a LOT of deficiencies.

bcbronc
12-16-2012, 11:34 PM
Honestly, if you take out the QB I don't think the talent gap between the Broncos and Chiefs is all that wide. We only won 1 more game than them last season. Manning masks a LOT of deficiencies.

And Quinn/Cassel do the opposite of that. :lol:

Simple Jaded
12-17-2012, 01:24 AM

That's not to say that these two teams don't have talent, it's just that only one team has Peyton Manning. Chefs don't have the worst roster in the league, not by a long shot, but they have garbage at QB.......