PDA

View Full Version : javon walker

dogfish
10-05-2007, 01:16 PM
apparently his knee has been bothering him since the start of the season-- it says here that he's been taking pain-killing injections all year. . . this is starting to sound increasingly bad. . .

:frusty: :frusty:

Walker: Rest only cure for sore knee

Receiver might not return until Oct. 21 against Pittsburgh

By Lee Rasizer, Rocky Mountain News
October 4, 2007

ENGLEWOOD - It seems Javon Walker has determined to let time heal all wounds.

The Broncos receiver, who missed Thursday's workout and hasn't practiced in two weeks because of right knee inflammation, seemed resigned, when questioned about his status, to waiting until the Oct. 21 home game with Pittsburgh to reappear in Denver's lineup.

Asked if he felt positive, negative or nothing about his chances of playing Sunday, Walker responded, "Nothing. We'll just wait and see after the bye week."

Walker's status on the injury report won't be listed until today. He previously has been told by doctors the spot where his knee is inflamed will have to resolve itself through treatment.

The place where the discomfort has occurred is behind Walker's knee, making it hard for anti-inflammatory injections to work their magic.

"I was taking needles and pills the first three weeks," he said. "But now it's something where time has to heal it."

http://www.rockymountainnews.com/drmn/nfl/article/0,2777,DRMN_23918_5715162,00.html

this is looking more and more like a lost season. . .

BigBroncLove
10-05-2007, 01:22 PM
Well, it shows a lot of heart. I also read this earlier. The god news is the MRI doesn;t show anything serious, and he has proabbly been aggravating the injury by playing on it like he has. Given nothing came out about his knee trouble before the fourth week, you have to wonder what else has been with held from the media and fans :ahhhhh: , but with the Bye week coming up, I'm optimistic that he could return for Pittsburgh as the story suggests. One thing is for sure, he will be missed this week. Thank a higher power that SD has a terrible secondary.

Lets jsut hope Stokleys "minor calf injury" is being reported with all the facts.

Retired_Member_001
10-05-2007, 02:18 PM
NO NO NO NO NO!

This is terrible news. Javon Walker is our biggest offensive playmaker. He makes big plays, he makes key plays, he makes hard plays, he makes all plays.

:banghead:

I still hope to see Javon playing on Sunday though. Although going this report, it seems very unlikely.

Get better soon Javon.:salute:

topscribe
10-05-2007, 02:28 PM
It looks as if the prospects for a great #1 in the draft are looking better all the time. :Cry:

-----

dogfish
10-05-2007, 02:30 PM
It looks as if the prospects for a great #1 in the draft are looking better all the time. :Cry:

-----

i've made the same comment in other threads, but in all honesty i don't think we're bad enough to actually get a very high pick, even if javon misses significant time. . . we'll probably end up around 7-9 and picking right in the middle. . . . :laugh:

Retired_Member_001
10-05-2007, 02:31 PM

-----

Knowing Shanahan, we'll end up spending the first overall pick on a Long Snapper who has been labelled " Modern Jack The Ripper".

;)

jlarsiii
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM
i've made the same comment in other threads, but in all honesty i don't think we're bad enough to actually get a very high pick, even if javon misses significant time. . . we'll probably end up around 7-9 and picking right in the middle. . . . :laugh:

I agree. I see us finishing somewhere in the middle of the pack this season.

Retired_Member_001
10-05-2007, 02:33 PM

I'm still not convinced we will have a losing record actually. There's just something about us that is destined for winning.

Some teams just know how to win, never mind the terrible run defense and the terrible pass protection.

TXBRONC
10-05-2007, 02:35 PM
Guys I wouldn't jump the gun here. I wasn't under the impression that they its ACL but it just needs time to heal.

Retired_Member_001
10-05-2007, 02:39 PM
Guys I wouldn't jump the gun here. I wasn't under the impression that they its ACL but it just needs time to heal.

I agree.

If it WAS the ACL, we would be hearing alot more about it.

topscribe
10-05-2007, 02:41 PM

Well, that may be true, were it not for accumulative problems. There were
Ekuban, Warren (in a stupid trade), Scheffler (who needs a few more weeks),
Hamilton, and now Henry and Walker. Have I missed anybody?

We even have Elam to worry about now.

-----

BigBroncLove
10-05-2007, 02:43 PM
I'm still not convinced we will have a losing record actually. There's just something about us that is destined for winning.

Some teams just know how to win, never mind the terrible run defense and the terrible pass protection.

I agree wookie :beer: . I think even with the loss of Henry, I'm not ready to throw this team in the under .500 column. I certienly am more concerned, but the way this team has fit RB's in to their system and the way they have produced great numbers, I have to think there will be less of a drop off than many may believe. Right now, more rests on the Broncos run D to step it up than any other part of this team.

Retired_Member_001
10-05-2007, 02:44 PM
I agree wookie :beer: . I think even with the loss of Henry, I'm not ready to throw this team in the under .500 column. I certienly am more concerned, but the way this team has fit RB's in to their system and the way they have produced great numbers, I have to think there will be less of a drop off than many may believe. Right now, more rests on the Broncos run D to step it up than any other part of this team.

Broncos run defense, pass protection and special teams play.

;)

underrated29
10-05-2007, 02:47 PM
well top we do get lynch back, but i think hamza is still out. could be wrong.

BigBroncLove
10-05-2007, 02:48 PM

-----

Well Scheffler is apparently at full speed and simply needs to catch up on his rep count now. The RMN story on Henry has a snippet about Scheffler who says physically he is 100% recoverd. It's all mental now.

Ekuban was dissapointing, but I think we have far better depth at DE then previously thought. Rice I think will start to pick up his game soon as well.

Warren was a stupid trade IMO.

Engleberger has been limited in practice this week and had an MRI done.

Lynch should be back this week.

Then there were the injuries to Foxworth and Paymah and Hamza Abdullah. All should be recovered by now, unless Abdullah has to sit this week out (he was supposed to return this week)

Stokley has been reported to having a minor calf injury, and was limited in practice on thursday only.

However one thing really sticks out to me, and that is the fact that beside Ekuban and Hami, none of thee injuries are season ending, where last season that was the biggest problem. Brandon, Furgeson, Sapp, Lepsis, Meadows, all suffered season enders last year. It's still early, so knock on wood, but so far these injuries are ones the team can recover from IMO. I don't think, at least yet, these injuries warrent making parallels to last season.

dogfish
10-05-2007, 03:44 PM

-----

you missed warrick holdman. . . .

pnbronco
10-05-2007, 04:20 PM

-----

Hamzal and I don't think Paymah is at full speed yet. Have Bell been released for his concussion? Some one also mentioned that Stokley is having calf problems. Before the season started we had Darrent, Nash, Wilson, Sam Brandon and Rod Smith. Wow can someone do a great ride of the bad karma dance. Top thanks for the other post, if felt good to laugh...

pnbronco
10-05-2007, 04:22 PM
you missed warrick holdman. . . .

Dog Fish you're right, I forgot about him. I was thinking they should not use # 56 for awhile.

Astrass
10-05-2007, 06:05 PM
From KFFL:

Broncos | Martinez to play as slot receiver
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:39:11 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos WR Glenn Martinez will be the team's slot receiver Week 5.

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Stokley to start Week 5
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:37:53 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos WR Brandon Stokley will start at wide receiver Week 5, replacing the injured WR Javon Walker (knee).

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Broncos | Walker out for Week 5
Fri, 5 Oct 2007 13:37:15 -0700

Bill Williamson, of the Denver Post, reports Denver Broncos WR Javon Walker (knee) is out for Week 5.