PDA

View Full Version : Marshall's hand numb all season

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2008, 03:49 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11330435?source=rss

Marshall's hand numb all season

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall today revealed he played the entire season without much feeling in his right hand, which he injured in March while wrestling with family members at a Florida resort.

Marshall underwent preseason surgery to repair forearm lacerations to an artery, vein, nerve, two tendons and three muscles, the result of falling into a home entertainment center.

"The back of my hand is still numb," Marshall said while cleaning out his locker room at team headquarters. "I'm not going to say I'm making excuses for myself, but maybe I didn't recover as great as I wanted to from my hand injury ... I'm disappointed in myself."

A day after Denver finished the regular season with three consecutive losses and was eliminated from the playoffs after a 52-21 loss at San Diego, Marshall — who this month was named to his first Pro Bowl — took much of the blame for the team's collapse.

"I didn't get it done this year," he said. "You look at the Pro Bowl, you look at the 100 catches. That wasn't good enough. I should have been a better leader, on and off the field.

"On the field, too many drops, way to many drops, and I just didn't make enough big plays. I expected a lot more out of myself. It's as simple as that."

Marshall said his forearm is fine but doctors told him he would need "a year or two" before he regains complete feeling in his hand.

"I don't know if that was the cause of it," he said. "There are so many different things, but I want to be good, and if I want to be a leader on this team, I can't have over 10 drops — 11 drops, 12 — it was probably like 15 or 16 this year. Ridiculous."

Of all the Broncos that spoke Monday, Marshall was the most critical.

"We didn't get it done this year. Simple as that," he said. "We have a lot of talent in this locker room, and a lot of great coaches. We have to do a better job of just playing together."

Meanwhile, quarterback Jay Cutler said he was scheduled to leave town Monday afternoon and begin vacation, and he wouldn't watch the NFL playoffs that begin this week.

"Time to move on," he said. "I'm definitely going to get out of here. I have a flight at 3 (p.m.)."

Cutler, who also was selected to compete in his first Pro Bowl, isn't sure he would train for the Feb. 8 game in Honolulu.

"I'll probably just wing it," he said.

Northman
12-29-2008, 03:51 PM
Sounds like excuses to me. Guess he needs to stay away from Burger King wrappers for a while.

BroncosRockdaRockies
12-29-2008, 04:00 PM
Well sounds like he is making a step at maturing into a football player that I can be proud of. As far as Jay's comments I really think it is expected considering everything he has had to deal with RB's,INT's,WR Drops,Fumbles and also having to be the leader or set the Standard so to speak. I think we have special talent to look forward too and when the maturity level is there it will be an amazing site to see!!!!!!!!!!

GO BRONCOS!

GEM
12-29-2008, 04:12 PM
Let the excuses begin. :coffee:

NightTrainLayne
12-29-2008, 04:14 PM
BM wasn't making excuses there. On the contrary, he was taking responsibility. I'm glad to see it. It is a sign of the maturity we've all been asking him to display.

GEM
12-29-2008, 04:15 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_11330435?source=rss

Marshall's hand numb all season

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall today revealed he played the entire season without much feeling in his right hand, which he injured in March while wrestling with family members at a Florida resort.

Marshall underwent preseason surgery to repair forearm lacerations to an artery, vein, nerve, two tendons and three muscles, the result of falling into a home entertainment center.

"The back of my hand is still numb," Marshall said while cleaning out his locker room at team headquarters. "I'm not going to say I'm making excuses for myself, but maybe I didn't recover as great as I wanted to from my hand injury ... I'm disappointed in myself."

A day after Denver finished the regular season with three consecutive losses and was eliminated from the playoffs after a 52-21 loss at San Diego, Marshall — who this month was named to his first Pro Bowl — took much of the blame for the team's collapse.

"I didn't get it done this year," he said. "You look at the Pro Bowl, you look at the 100 catches. That wasn't good enough. I should have been a better leader, on and off the field.

"On the field, too many drops, way to many drops, and I just didn't make enough big plays. I expected a lot more out of myself. It's as simple as that."

Marshall said his forearm is fine but doctors told him he would need "a year or two" before he regains complete feeling in his hand.

"I don't know if that was the cause of it," he said. "There are so many different things, but I want to be good, and if I want to be a leader on this team, I can't have over 10 drops — 11 drops, 12 — it was probably like 15 or 16 this year. Ridiculous."

Of all the Broncos that spoke Monday, Marshall was the most critical.

"We didn't get it done this year. Simple as that," he said. "We have a lot of talent in this locker room, and a lot of great coaches. We have to do a better job of just playing together."

Meanwhile, quarterback Jay Cutler said he was scheduled to leave town Monday afternoon and begin vacation, and he wouldn't watch the NFL playoffs that begin this week.

"Time to move on," he said. "I'm definitely going to get out of here. I have a flight at 3 (p.m.)."

Cutler, who also was selected to compete in his first Pro Bowl, isn't sure he would train for the Feb. 8 game in Honolulu.

"I'll probably just wing it," he said.

What the hell is this crap? Vacation? Seriously? Happy you can take your million bucks and go on a nice fancy vacation Jay. Meanwhile, the fans can sit and be pissed about your team's performance. Perhaps your friggen "winging it" is half the friggen issue here. Does this kid not think before he opens his mouth? :tsk: Maybe I'm over thinking the comments, but he comes off pretty friggen arrogant for being a below .500 qb.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-29-2008, 04:15 PM
Bingo. Not an excuse. Please people. Cry somewhere else.

Denver Native (Carol)
12-29-2008, 04:16 PM
BM wasn't making excuses there. On the contrary, he was taking responsibility. I'm glad to see it. It is a sign of the maturity we've all been asking him to display.

I totally agree. There is a major difference between reality and excuses.

GEM
12-29-2008, 04:18 PM
Bingo. Not an excuse. Please people. Cry somewhere else.

Dream...no one is crying, they are stating an opinion. Mmmmmkay. :rolleyes:

G_Money
12-29-2008, 04:18 PM
I have trouble understanding why his hand kept him from running the right routes or prevented him from shutting his mouth about Joey Porter.

Still, it’s nice to know your WR can be double-teamed all year, miss the first game with a suspension, have a defective hand and still catch 100 balls.

I’m just happy he damaged the nerve that goes to the back of the hand and not the front. It was 50-50 as to which one he severed.

And those nerves should regenerate in the next 1-2 years.

I’m glad he’s not satisfied. The best never are. But it ain’t all the hand, Brandon. Be a better leader, run better routes, stop making mental errors.

It’s scary how good he can be when he’s still making these kinds of mistakes and is already in the top echelon of receivers.

As long as he doesn’t do something dumb like hold out for money, he seems to be making strides. Just stay away from any more TVs, Brandon.

They’re vicious.

~G

Northman
12-29-2008, 04:20 PM

Shhh, your not allowed to do that.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-29-2008, 04:21 PM

Ask Darius Watts about catching a ball with a claw. It ain't easy.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-29-2008, 04:22 PM

I heard Ryan Harris blamed the loss on being a Muslim.

Northman
I heard Ryan Harris blamed the loss on being a Muslim.

Everybody has their problems. :laugh:

GEM

:laugh: I somehow always thought this place was full of em. I guess some just take their opinion a little more important than others. Unless we're in BMarsh's head right now, we don't know if it's real or an excuse.

That's the nice thing about America. That free speech thing. I think it's an excuse, the next guy thinks it's maturing. :shrugs:

GEM
12-29-2008, 04:24 PM

But is it a doctor coming out and saying it? No it's the same guy who guaranteed 140 catches in preseason. I just find it a bit funny that he comes out with it a day after a huge loss. I could be wrong. I'm not stating it as fact. Neither of us knows. We're all HOPING that it's maturity out of a normally very immature guy. Track record says differently.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-29-2008, 04:25 PM
You don't need to be inside Brandon Marshall's head to realize that severing his arm impacted his ability to catch balls. That is called common sense.

GEM
12-29-2008, 04:26 PM
You don't need to be inside Brandon Marshall's head to realize that severing his arm impacted his ability to catch balls. That is called common sense.

See my above post and the previous to that. There was no crying. It was an opinion. Quit crying...it's just your opinion...sometimes people don't agree with you. It's ok.

Northman
12-29-2008, 04:27 PM
:laugh: I somehow always thought this place was full of em. I guess some just take their opinion a little more important than others. Unless we're in BMarsh's head right now, we don't know if it's real or an excuse.

That's the nice thing about America. That free speech thing. I think it's an excuse, the next guy thinks it's maturing. :shrugs:

Well, i remember when that whole thing went down with Bmarsh and the word from one of the guy's on the Mane was that he wouldnt be fully recovered. Whether or not that holds true i dont know. But when Bmarsh started the season and continued to play well you never heard anything about it. Now that the season is over all of a sudden he is going to fall back on that as his excuse? Sounds fishy to me. Dont get me wrong, i have more of a problem with Jay's comments after the game than i do about Bmarsh saying his hand is numb. But, if your not going to say anything about it during the season than just shut up and keep it quiet. Just take responsibility (especially considering his is the jerkoff that got himself injured in the first place) for your play and move on. His drops were hardly the bigger issues this year so coming out and making that his excuse (whether its true or not) is pointless and just sounds like crying.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-29-2008, 04:29 PM
See my above post and the previous to that. There was no crying. It was an opinion. Quit crying...it's just your opinion...sometimes people don't agree with you. It's ok.

I just blame the whole season on Cutler and his diabetes. He is a loser.

Northman
12-29-2008, 04:30 PM

Thats ok, i still blame Griese.

GEM

Eff that....it's Clady and his fast feet.

:lol:

Requiem / The Dagda

Who?

broncofaninfla
12-29-2008, 04:31 PM
When you lose like Denver did, everything hurts more. If somehow we won that game, odds are Marshall says the hand is fine. Fans and players alike are licking their wounds after the beat down last night.

GEM
12-29-2008, 04:31 PM
Who?

Greeeeasy. Qtr Pounder, extra cheese.

Requiem / The Dagda
12-29-2008, 04:32 PM
Sounds like the girl I made love to last night.

GEM
12-29-2008, 04:33 PM
Sounds like the girl I made love to last night.

I didn't know Greasy was a blow up. :shocked:

:D

Medford Bronco
12-29-2008, 04:34 PM
Cutler also needs to grow up big time.

Why scream at Royal for a drop early in the game. Was anyone screaming at him for his pick in the End Zone.

This guy has tons of talent. He needs to lead by example and play better and smarter

as I posted in a thread recently Denver had a whopping 2 games without a turnover. 2 out of 16. a whole 12.5% of our games.

Good teams dont hurt themselves and if they do their good defenses can help them out immensley. Ours has what less than 15 turnovers the whole season. That is putrid really.

The ones who call Cutler a Jeff George are so far spot on. He needs to show me something next season or he might be like good old Jeff George. All the talent but never a leader and always with the look of a sourpuss on thier face.

okay ready for the flames to land on me. Sorry I want better from my team and this year was a huge letdown with this

Medford Bronco
12-29-2008, 04:35 PM

No it was the dog I tripped over really :lol:

Tned
12-29-2008, 04:38 PM
Hopefully, the feeling comes back. I know that following surgery, where nerves are severed, sometimes feeling comes back over time, sometimes it doesn't. For those that haven't had this type of nerve damage, it is sort of like after gettting a novicane shot, when it is beginning to wear off, when your mouth/cheek is still numb, but also hypersensitive at the same time.

Hopefully, his recovers.

Regardless of whether it was the injury (caused by childish behavior), concentration or other reasons, the number of drops, and some very key ones, need to be reduced.

GEM
12-29-2008, 04:40 PM

Why scream at Royal for a drop early in the game. Was anyone screaming at him for his pick in the End Zone.

This guy has tons of talent. He needs to lead by example and play better and smarter

as I posted in a thread recently Denver had a whopping 2 games without a turnover. 2 out of 16. a whole 12.5% of our games.

Good teams dont hurt themselves and if they do their good defenses can help them out immensley. Ours has what less than 10 turnovers the whole season. That is putrid really.

The ones who call Cutler a Jeff George are so far spot on. He needs to show me something next season or he might be like good old Jeff George. All the talent but never a leader and always with the look of a sourpuss on thier face.

okay ready for the flames to land on me. Sorry I want better from my team and this year was a huge letdown with this

I guess Cutler should be excused for his numerous throws OVER the receivers heads this year. :tsk: I agree with ya Med.

Tned
12-29-2008, 04:45 PM

Also, I believe on the first series, Royal had nearly the exact throw go off his fingertips, because Jay threw it way too high. I didn't see Royal yelling at him on that one. Then, a series or two later, Royal drops one he should have caught, and Cutler yanks the chin straps and yells at him.

Medford Bronco
12-29-2008, 04:45 PM
I guess Cutler should be excused for his numerous throws OVER the receivers heads this year. :tsk: I agree with ya Med.

No dont agree. Rememeber cutler is the greatest thing since sliced bread.
and the stupid stronger arm crap will never go away until he has some sucess. Madden said it like 5 times last night. I was so sick of hearing that really.

Even when Elway was young he never was reeming out his own players like Cutler does.

He needs a serious wake up call. yes our defense put him at a disadvantage but leaders lead and he has not lead this team. Not last night for sure.

and the pics in the end zone gotta stop. Buffalo game was killed becuase of that. Last night his team was up against it so I am more likley to excuse that one but the one vs Buffalo was just dreadful.

and I dont want to be called not a real fan. please Fan since 1981 and will back them no matter what. I am just still venting my big frustration over the garbage I saw last night and the 2nd half vs Buffalo

GEM
12-29-2008, 04:58 PM
and the stupid stronger arm crap will never go away until he has some sucess. Madden said it like 5 times last night. I was so sick of hearing that really.

Even when Elway was young he never was reeming out his own players like Cutler does.

He needs a serious wake up call. yes our defense put him at a disadvantage but leaders lead and he has not lead this team. Not last night for sure.

and the pics in the end zone gotta stop. Buffalo game was killed becuase of that. Last night his team was up against it so I am more likley to excuse that one but the one vs Buffalo was just dreadful.

and I dont want to be called not a real fan. please Fan since 1981 and will back them no matter what. I am just still venting my big frustration over the garbage I saw last night and the 2nd half vs Buffalo

Med...anyone who has the audacity to say you aren't a fan is just an idiot, plain and simple. ;) That or they haven't known you long enough.

Medford Bronco
12-29-2008, 05:02 PM
Med...anyone who has the audacity to say you aren't a fan is just an idiot, plain and simple. ;) That or they haven't known you long enough.

I would say that they have not know me long enough. :lol:

I watched to the bitter end last night. I must have liked the train wreck I was seeing there. :mad::lol:

I hate mediocrity more than anything. I wish we could get a higher player than 12 as we need like 7 defensive starters and could use another RB (espeically with all the injuries to ours this season)

I actually want a team with a defense to win the Super Bowl. I was never a big fan of Baltimore but I would not mind seeing them win because they have a defense. Pitt or Tenn as well.. In the NFC the G Men or Carlolina teams that run the ball and play D.

Defense wins Championships, wasnt that proven big time last year but the Gmen

GEM
12-29-2008, 05:05 PM
I would say that they have not know me long enough. :lol:

I watched to the bitter end last night. I must have liked the train wreck I was seeing there. :mad::lol:

I watched it with my mom and dad at their house. I watched til half time. Got sick of that and went in with my Aunt Peggy who is mentally retarded and we danced to old 50's doo wop. :lol: Can't let football get ya too down Med. :dance:

bengaaaaals1688
12-29-2008, 05:11 PM
Not saying that Marshall is lying, but it annoys me to no end when a player says AFTER the season, oh you know I couldn't feel my hand and my leg was bothering me all season, when it was never mentioned during the season.

Call it what you will, but trying to "rationalize" why you were bad by putting the blame on something you couldn't control, is an excuse. And that's it, just a reason why you couldn't do something in order to take the focus off of your own deficiencies.

Taking responsibility is saying I need to do this better, and I didn't do this right... Not, well I couldn't actually control it, it was the damn hand of mine.

elsid13
12-29-2008, 05:49 PM
What the hell is this crap? Vacation? Seriously? Happy you can take your million bucks and go on a nice fancy vacation Jay. Meanwhile, the fans can sit and be pissed about your team's performance. Perhaps your friggen "winging it" is half the friggen issue here. Does this kid not think before he opens his mouth? :tsk: Maybe I'm over thinking the comments, but he comes off pretty friggen arrogant for being a below .500 qb.

I think that you need to realize that he is professional athlete that been beat up and in high pressure environment for over 5 months without a break. I am sure that he pissed off on how the season end, but it does no good be angery at this point, it time to take a step back study the mistake and figure out what he need to better next season. Remember it is business and in business it doesn't do you any good to get to emotional if you want to come out a head.

Slick
12-29-2008, 05:59 PM
Nerve damage is no joke. I was in a car accident when I was 19. I severed my ulna nerve near my elbow. I'll be 36 in a couple days and that nerve still hasn't regenerated fully. I can use my arm and hands fine but I still have a hard time with my pinky and ring finger on that arm at times.

I don't see this as Brandon making excuses. It's the first I've heard him even mention it. I think the kid is growing up.

Remember when you were 22, 23 years old? I know I was still a punk kid that knew everything.

He had a hell of a year, and he's learning. That's about all I can ask from someone.

elsid13
12-29-2008, 06:05 PM
Nerve damage is no joke. I was in a car accident when I was 19. I severed my ulna nerve near my elbow. I'll be 36 in a couple days and that nerve still hasn't regenerated fully. I can use my arm and hands fine but I still have a hard time with my pinky and ring finger on that arm at times.

I don't see this as Brandon making excuses. It's the first I've heard him even mention it. I think the kid is growing up.

Remember when you were 22, 23 years old? I know I was still a punk kid that knew everything.

He had a hell of a year, and he's learning. That's about all I can ask from someone.

Actually there was story about month ago when stated that he was still have problem with it, but it was getting better.

RMN http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/05/broncos-marshall-embarrassed-his-play-season/
December 5, 2008

"The back of my hand and the side of my wrist is still numb," he noted, adding it sometimes feels "weird" when he catches the ball. "The doctor said it's going to take a year or two for that. So I'm thankful to be able to catch a football.""

GEM
12-29-2008, 06:18 PM
I think that you need to realize that he is professional athlete that been beat up and in high pressure environment for over 5 months without a break. I am sure that he pissed off on how the season end, but it does no good be angery at this point, it time to take a step back study the mistake and figure out what he need to better next season. Remember it is business and in business it doesn't do you any good to get to emotional if you want to come out a head.

No, but it does good to show emotion. If it were me, I'd be back to Dove Valley trying to figure out what the hell happened. How the hell to get better. I guess I just expect more out of the guy who is the face of our organization.

elsid13
12-29-2008, 06:28 PM
No, but it does good to show emotion. If it were me, I'd be back to Dove Valley trying to figure out what the hell happened. How the hell to get better. I guess I just expect more out of the guy who is the face of our organization.

What he supposed to do in Dove Valley right now? The players are gone after interviews, the coaches are focused on grading units and players for the season (and won't have time for him). All he could do is watch tape by himself of the last game (were he do anywhere) and workout. And after 6 months of working out and playing on Sunday his body needs time to recover. I know fans want the players to be at it 24X7, but everyone need some R&R or they will burnout. This is the time for him to get away, clear his head and get ready for the long off season.

Slick
12-29-2008, 06:33 PM
Actually there was story about month ago when stated that he was still have problem with it, but it was getting better.

RMN http://www.rockymountainnews.com/news/2008/dec/05/broncos-marshall-embarrassed-his-play-season/
December 5, 2008

"The back of my hand and the side of my wrist is still numb," he noted, adding it sometimes feels "weird" when he catches the ball. "The doctor said it's going to take a year or two for that. So I'm thankful to be able to catch a football.""

Fair enough. He said it a month ago then. Nerve damage is a fact, not an excuse, but that's me. .

GEM
12-29-2008, 06:37 PM
What he supposed to in Dove Valley right now? The players are gone after interviews, the coaches are focused on grading units and players for the season (and won't have time for him). All he could do is watch tape by himself of the last game (were he do anywhere) and workout. And after 6 months of working out and playing on Sunday his body needs time to recover. I know fans want the players to be at it 24X7, but everyone need some R&R or they will burnout. This is the time for him to get away, clear his head and get ready for the long off season.

Perhaps the WHOLE team should be together after a meltdown like they've had. A day after and he's off to vacation. :tsk: I guess I really shouldn't give two ish's what any of them do....I'm hoping the defense as a unit is gone after the offseason.

BroncoWave
12-29-2008, 07:11 PM
Perhaps the WHOLE team should be together after a meltdown like they've had. A day after and he's off to vacation. :tsk: I guess I really shouldn't give two ish's what any of them do....I'm hoping the defense as a unit is gone after the offseason.

GEM, every single player in the NFL takes a short break after the season. The way you are crucifying Cutler for it is ridiculous. After 5 months of a grueling physical and emotional grind, you HAVE to take a break. You will burn out if you don't. No offense, but your expectations of the man are pretty ridiculous.

BroncosRockdaRockies
12-29-2008, 07:20 PM

Good teams dont hurt themselves and if they do their good defenses can help them out immensley. Ours has what less than 15 turnovers the whole season. That is putrid really.

Well there are pictures floating of Jay over on the sidelines and he is hovering over Marshall and Royal and He has his arms around them while they are sitting on the Bench and looks like words of Encouragement to me so I think people are just reading this guys wrong. I understand why he is the way he is with the press simply because they ask the same questions at the press conference everyweek to him and Shanahan that would bug the crap out of me too!

Broncos Mtnman
12-29-2008, 08:42 PM

Come on, Med. I know you're disappointed (what Broncos fan isn't?), but Cutler NEVER stated he was "better" than anyone. The whole Elway arm thing was totally tongue-in-cheek and was meant as a joke. It became an on going thing with the local press. In every press conference after that remark, the press would rib him by asking if his arm was stronger than the quarterback he was about to face.

Madden and Michaels didn't have a clue about how that went down.

Gotta disagree with you here too. I remember many "call outs" with the amigos and especially Clarence Kay when he would miss the play.

The burden on Cutler last night was HUGE. After witnessing the pathetic performance of the defense last night, what "leadership" do you think he should have demonstrated and what difference would that have made?

Personally, I like the fact that he was pissed at last night's game. It shows he cares about the team and the game. With the number of dropped passes last night by Royal, Marshall and Stokley, along with the feeling that every possession had to be a score, he had every right to be upset. Believe me, he gets just as upset about his own mistakes as he does with others.

Dude, there were a total of four over the whole season. Two of them came in December, when it was pretty much a given that passing was the only way to move the offense after losing four more running backs over that same period.

Not challenging your fanhood, bro. I know you bleed orange and blue, just as I do. But, I think your post is more frustration speaking than facts about Jay.

weazel
12-29-2008, 08:52 PM
this article makes me happy and disgusted...

I'm happy that Marshall isn't satisfied and wants to be the best, but...

Cutler once again looks like an immature little *****. Why would I workout, I'm the best! I throw harder than Elway, don't you know? This idiot is starting to piss me off.

BroncoWave
12-29-2008, 08:53 PM
this article makes me happy and disgusted...

I'm happy that Marshall isn't satisfied and wants to be the best, but...

Cutler once again looks like an immature little *****. Why would I workout, I'm the best! I throw harder than Elway, don't you know? This idiot is starting to piss me off.

It's the pro bowl. It's a joke of a game. And EVERY PLAYER IN THE NFL takes a break after the season. Why does that make him an idiot? :confused:

weazel
12-29-2008, 09:03 PM
It's the pro bowl. It's a joke of a game. And EVERY PLAYER IN THE NFL takes a break after the season. Why does that make him an idiot? :confused:

he just ended a season throwing a ton of picks, and led a team to an 8-8 finish. Every pass he made he locked in on one receiver and showed the opposing defenses where he was throwing.

I guess thats fine, lets blame everything on the defense. He's perfect, why work on any problems he may have, he has none, he's perfect.

Once again, Im sorry but I never looked for a clever little smiley to put in my post...

Slick
12-29-2008, 09:06 PM
he just ended a season throwing a ton of picks, and led a team to an 8-8 finish. Every pass he made he locked in on one receiver and showed the opposing defenses where he was throwing.

I guess thats fine, lets blame everything on the defense. He's perfect, why work on any problems he may have, he has none, he's perfect.

Once again, Im sorry but I never looked for a clever little smiley to put in my post...

I'm sure he'll work as hard this off season as any player in football. He just needs a break. I don't see anything wrong with that.

topscribe
12-29-2008, 09:06 PM

Who now is blaming everything on the defense?

Can we please discuss the issue without twisting and exaggerating?

-----

weazel
12-29-2008, 09:07 PM
I'm sure he'll work as hard this off season as any player in football. He just needs a break. I don't see anything wrong with that.

except he isn't ANY player, he is a pro bowler... If he deosn't want the gig than he should decline.

Its just his whole demeanor. He acts as if none of this teams failings are his fault

topscribe
12-29-2008, 09:08 PM
except he isn't ANY player, he is a pro bowler... If he deosn't want the gig than he should decline.

Well, if I'm Cutler, and you say that to me, I reply, "You do your job, and I'll do mine."

-----

Slick
12-29-2008, 09:09 PM

I agree.

Now what?

Slick
12-29-2008, 09:14 PM

Its just his whole demeanor. He acts as if none of this teams failings are his fault

I posted some criticism of Jay about his pouting and sulking after a bad series or a pick. I got tired of seeing it. After 16 weeks of trying to hang 30 points on everyone, he lost his composure at times. So what? Jay Cutler didn't lose 8 games, the Broncos did.

Your unhappy that many of us put most of the blame on the defense, and that's fine, but don't expect me to sit back while you flame Jay with every post.

I still say he did all he could do. If he needs a vacation, fine.

Poet
12-29-2008, 09:23 PM
The fact that he will keep talking about the Rivers incident, the lashing of Royal, and the aggressive play pretty much means that he thinks his shit doesn't stink and that he is a beast.

He is a beast, but his shit does stink. However, every QB puts their foot in their mouth from time to time. Manning threw his offensive line under the bus after the loss in Pittsburgh in the 05 playoffs. No one remembers that. Reggie Wayne SHOVED Manning in the regular season that year. No one remembers that.

Brett Farve said "Superbowl or bust." Once again, no one remembers that. Carson Palmer said he thought the Bengals were going to win their division this year,:eek: no one really remembers that. Eli Manning demanded a trade to another city, once again no one remembers that.

The fact is that every player says something ridiculously stupid in their career at least once. Most usually say something that stupid a few times. Crap happens.

Does he need to grow up? Yes, you can't be a grown man and roll your eyes at a reporter. Sorry, you're a grown man. Ripping of someone's head when you are playing as poorly as anyone is not going to fix it. I see professionals like Manning, Warner, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Brees, Garcia, and Delhomme accomplish what Cutler was trying to do on the field angrily in a better way. Take it to the bench or the huddle quietly.

The "he is just a kid that is learning" crap probably should end. He is no longer a young QB in the aspect that he gets the constant benefit of the doubt. The chip on the shoulder is only ok when your opposition wants to knock it off, not your teammates or coaches.

Northman
12-29-2008, 09:26 PM
The fact that he will keep talking about the Rivers incident, the lashing of Royal, and the aggressive play pretty much means that he thinks his shit doesn't stink and that he is a beast.

He is a beast, but his shit does stink. However, every QB puts their foot in their mouth from time to time. Manning threw his offensive line under the bus after the loss in Pittsburgh in the 05 playoffs. No one remembers that. Reggie Wayne SHOVED Manning in the regular season that year. No one remembers that.

Brett Farve said "Superbowl or bust." Once again, no one remembers that. Carson Palmer said he thought the Bengals were going to win their division this year,:eek: no one really remembers that. Eli Manning demanded a trade to another city, once again no one remembers that.

The fact is that every player says something ridiculously stupid in their career at least once. Most usually say something that stupid a few times. Crap happens.

Does he need to grow up? Yes, you can't be a grown man and roll your eyes at a reporter. Sorry, you're a grown man. Ripping of someone's head when you are playing as poorly as anyone is not going to fix it. I see professionals like Manning, Warner, Palmer, Hasselbeck, Brees, Garcia, and Delhomme accomplish what Cutler was trying to do on the field angrily in a better way. Take it to the bench or the huddle quietly.

The "he is just a kid that is learning" crap probably should end. He is no longer a young QB in the aspect that he gets the constant benefit of the doubt. The chip on the shoulder is only ok when your opposition wants to knock it off, not your teammates or coaches.

I do find it ironic and petty that he is letting Rivers get the best of him. Rivers has pretty shrugged it off by now and lets his play on the field do the talking. All Jay is doing is letting it consume him emotionally and thats not healthy.

weazel
12-29-2008, 09:31 PM
Well, if I'm Cutler, and you say that to me, I reply, "You do your job, and I'll do mine."

-----

I guarantee Im better at my job than he is at his. The banks I work for can't afford me to be .500

topscribe
12-29-2008, 09:42 PM
I guarantee Im better at my job than he is at his. The banks I work for can't afford to have me be .500

So, in other words, you are saying you are not aware of the differences
between your job and his?

So, in other words, Ted Williams was a failure as a batter because he had
only a .389 lifetime average because you can't afford to be .389?

I see . . . :coffee:

-----

weazel
12-29-2008, 09:46 PM

-----

I'm just making as silly a comment as you did, that's all, nothing more.

If you really want to make the comparison correctly, you must refer to Ted Williams' teams record. The .500 was the team record, not one aspect of the players game.

thanks for playing along...

topscribe
12-29-2008, 09:46 PM
I'm mentioned it before: I witnessed people throwing Elway under the bus in
his early seasons. It was so bad that Elway almost defected back to baseball
over it.

Now, they are doing it to Cutler. The guy is actually five (5) games into his
third season on the field, and they want another Peyton Manning of 2007.
This is asinine. :tsk:

-----

weazel
12-29-2008, 09:52 PM
I'm mentioned it before: I witnessed people throwing Elway under the bus in
his early seasons. It was so bad that Elway almost defected back to baseball
over it.

Now, they are doing it to Cutler. The guy is actually five (5) games into his
third season on the field, and they want another Peyton Manning of 2007.
This is asinine. :tsk:

-----

I said I was mad that Cutler stated he isnt going to work out and showed no personal blame for the teams weaknesses.

How is that throwing him under the bus? PUH-LEASE.

stop being a drama queen...

topscribe
12-29-2008, 09:58 PM
I said I was mad that Cutler stated he isnt going to work out and showed no personal blame for the teams weaknesses.

Did I quote you in that comment? If I were talking directly about you, I would
have quoted you. If you are so sensitive that you identified yourself over that,
what can I do?

Really, I had you pegged as more mature than this . . .

-----

weazel
12-29-2008, 10:02 PM
Did I quote you in that comment? If I were talking directly about you, I would
have quoted you. If you are so sensitive that you identified yourself over that,
what can I do?

Really, I had you pegged as more mature than this . . .

-----

LMAO, you just replied to three of my posts in a row, dont try to play games. I'm not being sensitive, I was actually laughing at your posts.

too funny, have a good night.

topscribe
12-29-2008, 10:05 PM
LMAO, you just replied to three of my posts in a row, dont try to play games. I'm not being sensitive, I was actually laughing at your posts.

too funny, have a good night.

If I say I was not directing that at you, then I wasn't.

Do...not...call...me...a...liar. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

weazel
12-29-2008, 10:12 PM
If I say I was not directing that at you, then I wasn't.

Do...not...call...me...a...liar. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thannoyed-1.gif

-----

lol, no worries man.

Slick
12-29-2008, 10:38 PM

-----

Top with a Teddy Ballgame reference. Nice!

Superchop 7
12-29-2008, 10:42 PM
Marshall had 104 catches.

It's obviously not a huge setback.

tomjonesrocks
12-29-2008, 11:32 PM

Dammit! I don't want to hear about "the claw" anymore! Please never speak of it again! Begone!

elsid13
12-30-2008, 09:05 AM

Time out. He taking vacation right now to let his body recover, and get away from NFL pressure cooker. That doesn't mean he isn't working out, or preparing for next season. After 17 weeks of being beat on and working out on daily basis with only a single day off, everyone body needs some time off to recovery.

bengaaaaals1688
12-30-2008, 11:32 AM
What most people who dislike Cutler going on vacation seem to be forgetting is that only a few years ago players didn't do anything football related until TC started. No offseason workouts, most of them actually had their own part time jobs in the offseason, football was forgotten about until TC... Yes times have changed and people work harder, and more now, but let the man take a break. A season takes a lot out of you.