PDA

View Full Version : Proposal Tebows first play against miami should be.....

underrated29
10-21-2011, 01:17 PM
More than likely Mike Mccoy is going to call tebows first pass as a screen. Which imo sucks. But whatever. Defenses are going to blitz the run and force tebow to pass, we know this. What we also know is most teams expect tebows first play to be a tebow run, a QB draw. It is presumable that the dolphins are going to be expecting a run (QB or RB) on our very first offensive play, and also playing off man cb coverage- so the DBs can keep their eyes in the backfield in case of a run.

I propose our first play be a flea flicker. The defense will be waiting for a tebow run or RB run. The DBs will have their eyes in the backfield. And more than likely the LBs and S will be playing closer to the LOS. If we call the flea flicker on the very first play. It should suck most the entire Dolphins defense in and leave someone wide open for a Big gain. Possibly a TD.

Also in doing so, it will really put Miami on their heels as they see just what happens if they stack the run and try and make tebow beat them.

Thoughts?

I Eat Staples
10-21-2011, 01:30 PM
I was going to say a screen or short pass would be a good first play for getting into a rhythm, but after reading your flea flicker idea I really like it. Take a shot early.

Or have Tebow fake a QB draw and throw a deep ball.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 01:33 PM
More than likely Mike Mccoy is going to call tebows first pass as a screen. Which imo sucks. But whatever. Defenses are going to blitz the run and force tebow to pass, we know this. What we also know is most teams expect tebows first play to be a tebow run, a QB draw. It is presumable that the dolphins are going to be expecting a run (QB or RB) on our very first offensive play, and also playing off man cb coverage- so the DBs can keep their eyes in the backfield in case of a run.

I propose our first play be a flea flicker. The defense will be waiting for a tebow run or RB run. The DBs will have their eyes in the backfield. And more than likely the LBs and S will be playing closer to the LOS. If we call the flea flicker on the very first play. It should suck most the entire Dolphins defense in and leave someone wide open for a Big gain. Possibly a TD.

Also in doing so, it will really put Miami on their heels as they see just what happens if they stack the run and try and make tebow beat them.

Thoughts?

I would go with a fake Tebow run and a deep pass. I dont want the RB to get hit behind LOS if they are blitzing i want Tebow to knowning take advantage of it by making the correct call and make them pay for mistake. the fake run would be Tebow's pump fake.

Blitz me ok...I can pass too. I would like to see some 2 back formations with Moreno on some out passes like last game. He is good on the edge in open space. He is quicker then last year and making him find a hole wont work well.

underrated29
10-21-2011, 01:34 PM
That would work too.

I really think a deep pass right off the bat would probably catch them off guard and really show that we are not going to be playing the ball close to the LOS and they better keep their Safeties back or its going to be a long day for them.

ydave77
10-21-2011, 01:37 PM
McGahee up the gut. Guaranteed. Tebow is a guy who will be so amped up it will be difficult to control before he settles down.

I do think the Flea Flicker could work, and against a team where you have low odds, I think you take your gambles.
Against Miami, I think we can win straight up, so better to limit errors, especially early.

GEM
10-21-2011, 01:38 PM
It will probably be McCoy's favorite play for Tebow....a run up the gut. Moron.

slim
10-21-2011, 01:39 PM
It will be a run to Willis.

But I like the idea of a fake QB draw (shotgun) and then throw deep.

Rick
10-21-2011, 01:42 PM
I think drop back from center, wait a second or 2 then pull a fainting goat.

slim
10-21-2011, 01:43 PM
Anyone up for the fumblerooski?

Or maybe the bumerooski?

claymore
10-21-2011, 01:45 PM
I hope he does the 40 yard run TD play. That ones my favorite.

slim
10-21-2011, 01:46 PM
I hope he does the 40 yard run TD play. That ones my favorite.

x5otWaHameY

claymore
10-21-2011, 01:49 PM
x5otWaHameY

Is this the play? Youtube is blok6'ed at work.

T.K.O.
10-21-2011, 01:50 PM
put Orton in at RB and do a direct snap wild horses power run to the left with Tebow as the lead blocker for "crazy legs kyle":beer:

claymore
10-21-2011, 01:52 PM
put Orton in at RB and do a direct snap wild horses power run to the left with Tebow as the lead blocker for "crazy legs kyle":beer:

That sounds like something McD would do. It would go for -1 yard and everyone would say "Man JmCD is a genuis. What an innovative football mind".

slim
10-21-2011, 01:52 PM
Is this the play? Youtube is blok6'ed at work.

Yes, 40 yard run against Oakland.

It was fun to watch.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 01:57 PM
Yes, 40 yard run against Oakland.

It was fun to watch.

Everyone loved it....even Lloyd and Gaffney were shocked. I remember their interview... Lloyd-"Did you see what I just seen." Gaffney-"ya I sawed it"

Davii
10-21-2011, 01:58 PM
I think drop back from center, wait a second or 2 then pull a fainting goat.

Rick,

Orton got benched. The fainting goat only needs worry about not falling off the bench.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 01:58 PM
Could you imagine the critics.....an 80 yard pass for a TD on the first play. I would have to say to Royal because he is so fast he could out run everyone for 80 yards. Royal on a slant route and hit over the middle 20-30 yrds down field and run to the house......OMG I want to see it now.

Krugan
10-21-2011, 01:59 PM
tebow gets hit in the head on a drop back pass, out for season with concusion...

2nd play of the game, someone throws in the towel and we all go home sad

claymore
10-21-2011, 02:01 PM
tebow gets hit in the head on a drop back pass, out for season with concusion...

2nd play of the game, someone throws in the towel and we all go home sad

Didnt Rogers break his foot very first snap as relief for Favre when favre got hurt one time?

That would suck for Tebow...

Bullgator
10-21-2011, 02:03 PM
IMO you sacrifice the first series to sell the run... you show that YES we are commited to the run to show miami that they HAVE to stack the box...

I think you line up in the shotgun... spread them out and delay hand off to McGahee..

2nd you line up same formation and power TT off tackle, similar to the play he scored from 12 yards out.

3rd play you line up again and play action to McGahee and then let TT read whether to run or pass for first down.

Until you SHOW them they need to stack the box they wont... so you first force them into that THEN take advantage with a flea flicker or what have you.

slim
10-21-2011, 02:09 PM
Miami will start the game with 8 in the box (or maybe 9).

They are going to make TT throw the ball until he proves he can be successful at it.

Bullgator
10-21-2011, 02:10 PM
To tell you the truth I think the Miami D will try and show 8 in the box and then drop back and confuse Tebow into throwing picks... thats why you HAVE to sell the run... little do they know TT faced that for 4 years and wont be fooled too often by the drop back look.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 02:11 PM
IMO you sacrifice the first series to sell the run... you show that YES we are commited to the run to show miami that they HAVE to stack the box...

I think you line up in the shotgun... spread them out and delay hand off to McGahee..

2nd you line up same formation and power TT off tackle, similar to the play he scored from 12 yards out.

3rd play you line up again and play action to McGahee and then let TT read whether to run or pass for first down.

Until you SHOW them they need to stack the box they wont... so you first force them into that THEN take advantage with a flea flicker or what have you.

That is how they are going to plan against Tebow....stack box and blitz. Until he can prove his arm is going to beat them, that is the game plan against Tebow. I say take a shot first play of game and back them back off so you can run.

Bullgator
10-21-2011, 02:14 PM
Miami will start the game with 8 in the box (or maybe 9).

They are going to make TT throw the ball until he proves he can be successful at it.

Who says that they will do that and then ACTUALLY does that?

no its a cat and mouse... its rock paper scissors, and they would be FOOLS to put themselves at a disadvantage without being forced into it...

they will SHOW 8 in a box but thats not what they will do most likely. Not until they have to.

remember no D wants to cheat in the box.. that means that they cant handle the run. that means they need to cheat... as far as they know, they dont have to cheat.

AND how do we know they dont put dansby as a spy on TT?

all aint what it seems... but its up to TT to force them to dance to his tune... hopefully thats 8 in the box so we can have 1 on 1 advantage with DT in the slot or royal or decker... we are in a better spot than most people realize...

EXPECT A FUN GAME!!!

Bullgator
10-21-2011, 02:19 PM
That is how they are going to plan against Tebow....stack box and blitz. Until he can prove his arm is going to beat them, that is the game plan against Tebow. I say take a shot first play of game and back them back off so you can run.

I think its a great idea... I just think its too early and will happen a little later in the game like maybe after the first 1st down or 2.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 02:31 PM
I think its a great idea... I just think its too early and will happen a little later in the game like maybe after the first 1st down or 2.

Majority of teams, blitz rookie QBs and young QBs. That is what Miami will do. Put pressure on QB and make them make mistakes. So I think Miami will mix it up and send different blitzes to make Tebow read the defense. But I bet there will be safeties and corners coming after him and many LBs.

Ravage!!!
10-21-2011, 02:32 PM

So two out of three plays you are having Tebow run the ball himself.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 02:33 PM

I want Tebow to run 5 times a game maybe? Not very much. I want him to run in redzone and when his life is on the line and he can get a 1st down and out of bounds. I do not want him running up the gut unless he wants to say he coach draft luck I want to be a FB.

Bullgator
10-21-2011, 02:42 PM

No. It could be 1 run and 1 pass. Or are you against the Quarterback getting his hands on the ball?

Already the league is trying to adapt to the problem Tebow poses. "Oh, he had success because we didnt stack the box... dats all we got to do..."

He HAD success and now they are talking about how to adjust to it. They say well just stack the box and force him to throw under blitzes...

But you see... Tebow takes what the D gives him... they give him the run he will take it... they sell out and blitz he sells the screen as good as anyone in the league and sucks them in... they stack the box and he can throw for 300 yards like he did last year...

when you ARE rock, paper AND scissors you change the position. He will be whatever the D gives them and FINALLY some of you will understand what Ive been saying for 10 months.

Hes not an elite passer but then he doesnt have to be when he forces them to cheat.

Sunday he needs to pound the ROCK until they are forced into what they say they will do and thats cheat like hell in the box... cheat in the box or not, they will blitz through out the game but TT is no stranger to pressure... and they better send someone other than a 180 pound CB.

Bullgator
10-21-2011, 02:49 PM
I want Tebow to run 5 times a game maybe? Not very much. I want him to run in redzone and when his life is on the line and he can get a 1st down and out of bounds. I do not want him running up the gut unless he wants to say he coach draft luck I want to be a FB.

5-6 called runs for sure.. and probably 6-8 scrambles... sorry guys but this is what you have.

Luckily for us he is durable and physical enough to endure. Think of it like this... hes like a big RB that is protected by QB rules and will not take the pounding RB normally do...he will step out of bounds, he will slide and he knows how to take a hit. he should be able to have a nice long career despite 10-12 carries a game no matter what the detractors say.

Ravage!!!
10-21-2011, 02:56 PM
The rules do not protect the QB once he's running.

Bullgator
10-21-2011, 02:58 PM
The rules do not protect the QB once he's running.

sure they do... they dont when he doesnt slide. just having that option to slide is HUGE

Skacorica
10-21-2011, 03:07 PM
Obvious first play.... the JUMP PASS. It goes for a TD 100% of the time.

http://youtu.be/PBG2KVSTqcI

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Actually I like the idea of flea flicker. Or maybe an option pass roll left.

dogfish
10-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Proposal Tebows first play against miami should be.....

A touchdown. Definitely. I hope they go with that.

jhns
10-21-2011, 03:59 PM
Play action, double reverse fake, hail marry for a TD.

BORDERLINE
10-21-2011, 04:03 PM
Great idea deep pass to open up the game

sneakers
10-21-2011, 04:05 PM
Hand off, off the right tackle for 3 yard gain.

Ravage!!!
10-21-2011, 04:11 PM
No. It could be 1 run and 1 pass. Or are you against the Quarterback getting his hands on the ball?

Already the league is trying to adapt to the problem Tebow poses. "Oh, he had success because we didnt stack the box... dats all we got to do..."

He HAD success and now they are talking about how to adjust to it. They say well just stack the box and force him to throw under blitzes...

But you see... Tebow takes what the D gives him... they give him the run he will take it... they sell out and blitz he sells the screen as good as anyone in the league and sucks them in... they stack the box and he can throw for 300 yards like he did last year...

when you ARE rock, paper AND scissors you change the position. He will be whatever the D gives them and FINALLY some of you will understand what Ive been saying for 10 months.

Hes not an elite passer but then he doesnt have to be when he forces them to cheat.

Sunday he needs to pound the ROCK until they are forced into what they say they will do and thats cheat like hell in the box... cheat in the box or not, they will blitz through out the game but TT is no stranger to pressure... and they better send someone other than a 180 pound CB.

See. Its the junk like this that just makes it sooo hard to be interested in discussions with you.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 04:25 PM
Obvious first play.... the JUMP PASS. It goes for a TD 100% of the time.

http://youtu.be/PBG2KVSTqcI

Sorry, I couldn't resist. Actually I like the idea of flea flicker. Or maybe an option pass roll left.

I have seen several other QBs do the jump pass.......:listen:

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 04:28 PM
5-6 called runs for sure.. and probably 6-8 scrambles... sorry guys but this is what you have.

Luckily for us he is durable and physical enough to endure. Think of it like this... hes like a big RB that is protected by QB rules and will not take the pounding RB normally do...he will step out of bounds, he will slide and he knows how to take a hit. he should be able to have a nice long career despite 10-12 carries a game no matter what the detractors say.

Looks like he averages 10 carries a game....I hope it goes down a little as he passes more in the pocket.

Bullgator
10-21-2011, 04:43 PM
[QUOTE=Ravage!!!;1406949]See. Its the junk like this that just makes it sooo hard to be interested in discussions with you.[/QUOTE

Not sure why its junk rav.

Hey until now it was all speculative. After Sunday you will have a better grasp on whether to take me seriously or not.

If Denver blows out the fins like I think they will and TT defeats the Ds attempts to stop him with 8 in a box and spys then you will know I wasn't speaking out of man love but knowledge.

chazoe60
10-21-2011, 04:45 PM
Single back shotgun, fake the QB draw and toss the longball. That would be nice.

Ravage!!!
10-21-2011, 04:48 PM
[QUOTE=Ravage!!!;1406949]See. Its the junk like this that just makes it sooo hard to be interested in discussions with you.[/QUOTE

Not sure why its junk rav.

Hey until now it was all speculative. After Sunday you will have a better grasp on whether to take me seriously or not.

If Denver blows out the fins like I think they will and TT defeats the Ds attempts to stop him with 8 in a box and spys then you will know I wasn't speaking out of man love but knowledge.

No. I don't think it shows much to beat the Dolphins. I also expect to see Tim have good games the first 3 or so. Its after that, that I know things will slow down a lot. After he's no longer living on the pumped up hype, after teams have a better understanding of what he doesn't recognize, what he dosen't read, and what his tendencies are. Cam Newton is bigger and faster and Tebow, and lit things up with his arm.... the first few games.

We'll see. I know you still believe he's going to "change the position and revolutionize QB'ing..." or whatever. I'm just looking forward to the day when that silliness comes back down to earth. Won't be long, though. Until then, you are PURELY speaking from man-love, and I'm pretty sure its going to be a LOT Longer than one week to take any of that crush seriously.

Cugel
10-21-2011, 04:54 PM
sure they do... they dont when he doesnt slide. just having that option to slide is HUGE

You can't always slide. That's the point all the Tebowniacs don't recognize. If Tebow runs he WILL get hurt at some point during the season.

That's why the Eagles are keeping Michael Vick in the pocket, despite the fact that he's a vastly superior runner than Tebow (Vick ran a 4.28 40 in college).

Tebow can try and avoid the hit and MOST of the time he will be successful. But there's a chance on every single running play that he's going to be hurt. If he runs 10 times a game his chances of NOT getting hurt and missing games during an entire season are virtually zero. :coffee:

slim
10-21-2011, 04:56 PM
No. I don't think it shows much to beat the Dolphins. I also expect to see Tim have good games the first 3 or so. Its after that, that I know things will slow down a lot. After he's no longer living on the pumped up hype, after teams have a better understanding of what he doesn't recognize, what he dosen't read, and what his tendencies are. Cam Newton is bigger and faster and Tebow, and lit things up with his arm.... the first few games.

We'll see. I know you still believe he's going to "change the position and revolutionize QB'ing..." or whatever. I'm just looking forward to the day when that silliness comes back down to earth. Won't be long, though. Until then, you are PURELY speaking from man-love, and I'm pretty sure its going to be a LOT Longer than one week to take any of that crush seriously.

Well, he did start 3 games last year. So don't opposing teams already know this?

Cugel
10-21-2011, 04:56 PM
If Denver blows out the Little Sisters of the Poor like I think they will and TT defeats the elderly Nuns' attempts to stop him with 8 in a box and spys then you will know I wasn't speaking out of man love but knowledge.
There. I've fixed it for you. :coffee:

Ravage!!!
10-21-2011, 05:08 PM
Well, he did start 3 games last year. So don't opposing teams already know this?

We've seen in the NFL were the back-ups come of the bench and played for a hurt starter and did VERY well for weeks. Then the next year when they actually become the starter, they fall dramatically. Things are heated up when you are the actual starter. Last year Tim was riding as the back-up off the bench. So ...we'll see what he has about 4 weeks down the road. That will be the real test and the real view as to where he's at and where he's headed.

I'm sure they will look at those since its basically all they have but he's basically starting new. A rookie that has learned, but hasn't been playing where teams can see him. So he's pretty much starting over.

Lancane
10-21-2011, 05:19 PM
We can propose all we want, McCoy is too stupid to listen and Fox too bullheaded. The first play is most likely going to be a run up the gut by McGahee.

If it was me, I'd have Tebow take an early shot down field, keep the defense on their toes; like Cutler did against Arizona in 2006, everyone expected a run, and he threw it deep to Marshall for a touchdown and set the tone for the game. It would also help Tebow's confidence early, even if not for a touchdown, if they could get a fifty to sixty yard play from scrimmage the first play it will also lighten the defensive front they'll play early. The quicker Denver strikes and takes a lead the quicker that Miami has to scramble from behind.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 05:26 PM
We've seen in the NFL were the back-ups come of the bench and played for a hurt starter and did VERY well for weeks. Then the next year when they actually become the starter, they fall dramatically. Things are heated up when you are the actual starter. Last year Tim was riding as the back-up off the bench. So ...we'll see what he has about 4 weeks down the road. That will be the real test and the real view as to where he's at and where he's headed.

I'm sure they will look at those since its basically all they have but he's basically starting new. A rookie that has learned, but hasn't been playing where teams can see him. So he's pretty much starting over.

How can you plan for a guy who "makes it up" as he goes. Every play when it falls apart and he is extending it, it is not part of play book and WR are just trying to get open. How do you defend that seriously? You can blitz the edges to try and contain him running. You can stack the box to keep him from going up the middle and having to throw. You can do a 4 man rush and make him do his reads. You can do losts of things, but 1 thing for sure that no 2 games will be the same. He will run in all games but where he runs will change whether he is running over smaller DBs like the raiders or avoiding the LBs going out of bounds like he did against SD getting the 1st down. With Tebow you dont know what exactly he is going to do.

However if he is unable to throw the ball accurately and move the chains that way, it will be easier to defend but since he has shown he can do that. he is going to be a nightmare for the defense. So you say that defenses are going to have defense scheme to defend against Tebow going all the way to left sidelines then running all the way to the right sidelines?

You are too much doom and gloom with with Black/white glasses on. How come you are not crying that Quinn should be in since you are so against Tebow?

Ravage!!!
10-21-2011, 05:27 PM
We can propose all we want, McCoy is too stupid to listen and Fox too bullheaded. The first play is most likely going to be a run up the gut by McGahee.

If it was me, I'd have Tebow take an early shot down field, keep the defense on their toes; like Cutler did against Arizona in 2006, everyone expected a run, and he threw it deep to Marshall for a touchdown and set the tone for the game. It would also help Tebow's confidence early, even if not for a touchdown, if they could get a fifty to sixty yard play from scrimmage the first play it will also lighten the defensive front they'll play early. The quicker Denver strikes and takes a lead the quicker that Miami has to scramble from behind.

I think Teebs gets a little bit too jacked up early on. He needs to have some time to settle in... especially a game that is not only his first as a starter, but after having the "Florida Gator Appreciation" junk that is going on. He's going to be WAyyy hyped, and will have to be somewhat easy with him early, imo.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 05:29 PM
I think Teebs gets a little bit too jacked up early on. He needs to have some time to settle in... especially a game that is not only his first as a starter, but after having the "Florida Gator Appreciation" junk that is going on. He's going to be WAyyy hyped, and will have to be somewhat easy with him early, imo.

He was jacked up in the orange bowl too and had 500+ all purpose yards. Being jacked up doesn't mean anything to him he comes to play and do his best. He will give 110% (as champ said) no matter what every play. This guy is either full throttle or nothing. And the nothing is when he is on the bench waiting to turn it on.

NightTerror218
10-21-2011, 05:30 PM

I hope they over think it and defense plays off LOS and running play work for McGahee. They dont want him to get the crowd on his side right off the bat so they play safe.

HORSEPOWER 56
10-21-2011, 05:31 PM
Everyone thinks that the way to stop Tebow is to put 8 in the box. So, what I'd do for the first play of the game is power I-formation, D Thomas and Decker out wide, Fells at TE, play-action to McGahee, Thomas and Decker run 9 routes (fly pattern), Fells blocks for a second to sell the run, then releases into a slant pattern, Larsen and McGahee go from run fake to QB protection (so we're in 7 man protection). Tebow reads the FS and throws to whichever WR isn't doubled for a deep bomb, or if both Safeties drop into deep coverage, hit Fells on the short slant.

We need to get Tebow throwing the ball deep early, even if it isn't completed just to show the Dolphins we aren't scared to throw downfield and keep them from loading the box. Tebow has shown he throws a pretty good deep ball. Let it rip from square one to show the Miami defense we aren't scared to take our shots.

underrated29
10-21-2011, 06:05 PM
Everyone thinks that the way to stop Tebow is to put 8 in the box. So, what I'd do for the first play of the game is power I-formation, D Thomas and Decker out wide, Fells at TE, play-action to McGahee, Thomas and Decker run 9 routes (fly pattern), Fells blocks for a second to sell the run, then releases into a slant pattern, Larsen and McGahee go from run fake to QB protection (so we're in 7 man protection). Tebow reads the FS and throws to whichever WR isn't doubled for a deep bomb, or if both Safeties drop into deep coverage, hit Fells on the short slant.

We need to get Tebow throwing the ball deep early, even if it isn't completed just to show the Dolphins we aren't scared to throw downfield and keep them from loading the box. Tebow has shown he throws a pretty good deep ball. Let it rip from square one to show the Miami defense we aren't scared to take our shots.

YES!

This is why I went with the flea flicker. But the PA Steaks works too and is safer, but the entire premise is 100% what I am thinking.

Lancane
10-21-2011, 06:34 PM
I hope they over think it and defense plays off LOS and running play work for McGahee. They dont want him to get the crowd on his side right off the bat so they play safe.

One thing about Miami that should have already been on people's minds is that their run defense is rather solid, but their pass defense is suspect at best, the quicker Tebow starts flinging the ball all over the field the quicker that the linebackers are going to be forced back into pass coverage and then 'boom' the run game will be just as open as the passing game. The quicker we start allowing Tebow to throw down field for big gains, the quicker that the game will open up for the offense on all fronts. But if we start running and allowing Miami to control the tempo of the game.

weazel
10-21-2011, 06:56 PM
a handoff to McGahee, as well his second

Dzone
10-21-2011, 08:48 PM
Throw a bomb!!!!!

Nomad
10-21-2011, 08:54 PM
Anyone up for the fumblerooski?

Or maybe the bumerooski?

That's what I was thinking...first snap/play of the game by the BRONCOS is a fumble between center/QB exchange.:lol:

Ravage!!!
10-21-2011, 08:54 PM
How can you plan for a guy who "makes it up" as he goes. Every play when it falls apart and he is extending it, it is not part of play book and WR are just trying to get open. How do you defend that seriously? You can blitz the edges to try and contain him running. You can stack the box to keep him from going up the middle and having to throw. You can do a 4 man rush and make him do his reads. You can do losts of things, but 1 thing for sure that no 2 games will be the same. He will run in all games but where he runs will change whether he is running over smaller DBs like the raiders or avoiding the LBs going out of bounds like he did against SD getting the 1st down. With Tebow you dont know what exactly he is going to do.

However if he is unable to throw the ball accurately and move the chains that way, it will be easier to defend but since he has shown he can do that. he is going to be a nightmare for the defense. So you say that defenses are going to have defense scheme to defend against Tebow going all the way to left sidelines then running all the way to the right sidelines?

You are too much doom and gloom with with Black/white glasses on. How come you are not crying that Quinn should be in since you are so against Tebow?

You are doing your best to believe that Tebow possesses skills that we haven't seen in the NFL, and thats just flat out WRONG.

Of course you can game plan for Tebow. Not everything he does is "made up as he goes along"...thats absurd. He's absolutely not as fast as Vick, and doesn't have the arm strength of Vick.... guess what. Teams shut down Vick.

A lot of the times TT ends up running when he shouldnt. He most probably missed a read that caused him to pull the ball down early (and he DOES pull the ball down early and tucks it). THats EXACTLY what the other team will try to do. DO you REALLY think that the opposing defense is concerned about the QB beating them with the run? No, they aren't. So they will give him the reads and fronts, and coverages that he doesn't read well. The ones that he has a hard time throwing against, and/or identifying. They will continue to force him to make the reads, and see how good he is at picking up the coverages and see how good he is about calling the blocking adjustments, and will continue to force Tebow to beat them with his passing. This "makes it up as he goes along" SHOULD only be on the occasion.

I find it laughable that you are saying I see things in "black-n-white" when you turn around and claim that everything he does is "made up" as he goes along. If it IS made up as he goes along, then we are in BIGGER trouble then I ever imagined.

Ravage!!!
10-21-2011, 08:58 PM
He was jacked up in the orange bowl too and had 500+ all purpose yards. Being jacked up doesn't mean anything to him he comes to play and do his best. He will give 110% (as champ said) no matter what every play. This guy is either full throttle or nothing. And the nothing is when he is on the bench waiting to turn it on.

I never said he's not going to try his best. What does that have to be with being overly jacked up? Lots of players are too jacked at the beginning of the game, and Tebow definitely has a problem with needing to calm down. Once the rhythm of the game is going a bit, and he's had his first few snaps and first few plays.... he settles down.

vettesplus
10-21-2011, 09:20 PM
a fumbled snap with a 1 yard lose...settle down tebow, settle down......

Lancane
10-21-2011, 10:49 PM
I never said he's not going to try his best. What does that have to be with being overly jacked up? Lots of players are too jacked at the beginning of the game, and Tebow definitely has a problem with needing to calm down. Once the rhythm of the game is going a bit, and he's had his first few snaps and first few plays.... he settles down.

Maybe they should let him parachute into the stadium, get his adrenaline going faster so he calms down quicker, and then the headlines could read: "Tebow descends from the Heavens onto Miami!"

:D

BroncoStud
10-22-2011, 12:07 AM
We will run left. You think McCoy has ANY imagination? He's as boring and inept as you can get at calling an offense. If we want this offense to be successful you have to hire someone who knows what they're doing to run it.

BroncoJoe
10-22-2011, 12:16 AM
Bomb down the sidelines to Thomas.

If there is one throw Tebow is very good at - including accuracy - it's the deep ball.

Stretch 'em out on the 1st play please.

Lancane
10-22-2011, 12:32 AM
We will run left. You think McCoy has ANY imagination? He's as boring and inept as you can get at calling an offense. If we want this offense to be successful you have to hire someone who knows what they're doing to run it.

Unfortunately BS, there are not many coaches that can run a Erhardt-Perkins variant offense with much success. Terry Robiskie, Joe Lombardi and Randy Fichtner would be the three best coaches to look at for the coordinator position should the Broncos have the sense to actually upgrade.

However, I could see Denver completely walking away from the pro-spread variant systems such as the Air-Erhardt, Martz Spread or Erhardt-Perkins, and instilling an offense that Elway is comfortable with, such as the West Coast...which would make sense.

The bigger question is will EFX realize their offensive deficiencies and make a change, or will they be blinded by loyalty as Shanahan once was and Fox has proven to be in the past?

BroncoTech
10-22-2011, 02:47 AM
I think they should start out with the old statue of liberty play, with Tim taking his normal slow wind-up and have Eddy Royal come around and take it from the top of the wind-up on the end around. More likely it's Mcgahee off tackle for a few.

Lancane
10-22-2011, 03:05 AM
I think they should start out with the old statue of liberty play, with Tim taking his normal slow wind-up and have Eddy Royal come around and take it from the top of the wind-up on the end around. More likely it's Mcgahee off tackle for a few.

If I saw this F'n team try a retarded Pop Warner play like the Statue of Liberty play I'd first vomit, then proceed to spew obscene remarks while pissing violently on to my Elway jersey only to then take it poor kerosene on it, ignite the damn thing on fire, take a shit on the remains bag it up with the vomit, find a freaking potato gun and launch the contents at Dove Valley!

:tsk:

Canmore
10-22-2011, 03:11 AM
If I saw this F'n team try a retarded Pop Warner play like the Statue of Liberty play I'd first vomit, then proceed to spew obscene remarks while pissing violently on to my Elway jersey only to then take it poor kerosene on it, ignite the damn thing on fire, take a shit on the remains bag it up with the vomit, find a freaking potato gun and launch the contents at Dove Valley!

So how do you really feel. :lol:

Tned
10-22-2011, 12:47 PM
I would have to go with a deep play. A tebow or McGahee run are the most obvious. I think they need to go to a mid-to-deep pass. Hopefully hit it, and put the defense back on their heels from the beginning.

Best option is a play fake/rollout. They will expect him to roll to his left, so roll to the right, set and throw the long ball.

Tned
10-22-2011, 12:50 PM
Bomb down the sidelines to Thomas.

If there is one throw Tebow is very good at - including accuracy - it's the deep ball.

Stretch 'em out on the 1st play please.

Exactly. Tebow throws a much better deep ball than Orton did, but the defense will still likely be looking for a run or screen pass. So, if they can gash the defense early, it could loosen up the running lanes.

Ravage!!!
10-22-2011, 12:52 PM

:shocked: :shocked: :shocked:................:shocked:

CrazyHorse
10-22-2011, 01:37 PM
I don't want to see designed runs for Tebow. How is he supposed to learn to be a drop back pocket passer if that's what he's given? His mobility should be used when the play breaks down or on bootlegs.

Ravage!!!
10-22-2011, 02:30 PM
I don't want to see designed runs for Tebow. How is he supposed to learn to be a drop back pocket passer if that's what he's given? His mobility should be used when the play breaks down or on bootlegs.

This is how I feel, CH. Sure there are times when a QB draw is a great play...but those should be far and few between. There is no reason to constantly call on your QB to be the RB of the team. We all want Tebow to make plays with his feet, but those should generally be when he's trying to make a throw with his arm and things break down.

BroncoStud
10-23-2011, 12:10 PM
It was run right, I was closest!