PDA

View Full Version : Bly is overrated

eessydo
12-29-2008, 12:36 PM
Reminds me of Tony Lilly back in the day. Every time you see someone getting beat you would always see the back of Tony Lilly's jersey in the highlight reel.

Same with Bly.

lex
12-29-2008, 12:38 PM
Did anyone actually think the Detroit would have given him up for what we gave if he was what we wanted to believe?

CrazyHorse
12-29-2008, 12:42 PM
In Bly's defense it doesn't help when you're playing 10 yards off your man.
Even Champ doesn't look great playing like that.

GEM
12-29-2008, 12:44 PM
You could say just about every player on Defense is overrated, why call out just one when there are several overrated idiots.

Bly is overrated.
I'd say Webster is overrated, but no one besides Dumbwik and Shanny thinks he is worth a crap anyways.
Winborn is overrated.

Now that I think about this.....no one on this defense is overrated. There is not another team out there that would rate our LB core as anything more than putrid. There is not another team out there that would rate our S's as anything more than washed up has beens. Not even the Lions would take our Defensive Unit. Now if Shanny could do to the defense what he has done with the offense there would be light at the end of the tunnel....but we haven't had a menacing defense since he got here. Hopefully our talent scouts do as well in the draft on defensive guys as they have on offensive guys...but I won't hold my breath hoping.

Shorten this thing up.....no one on the defense is overrated...no one else considers them any good in the first place.

Buff
12-29-2008, 12:45 PM
Bly just gets paid way too much.

He's not a terrible cover corner, but he doesn't deserve top tier money like he's been getting.

Medford Bronco
12-29-2008, 12:45 PM
You could say just about every player on Defense is overrated, why call out just one when there are several overrated idiots.

Bly is overrated.
I'd say Webster is overrated, but no one besides Dumbwik and Shanny thinks he is worth a crap anyways.
Winborn is overrated.

Now that I think about this.....no one on this defense is overrated. There is not another team out there that would rate our LB core as anything more than putrid. There is not another team out there that would rate our S's as anything more than washed up has beens. Not even the Lions would take our Defensive Unit. Now if Shanny could do to the defense what he has done with the offense there would be light at the end of the tunnel....but we haven't had a menacing defense since he got here. Hopefully our talent scouts do as well in the draft on defensive guys as they have on offensive guys...but I won't hold my breath hoping.

Shorten this thing up.....no one on the defense is overrated...no one else considers them any good in the first place.

What is sad is the only team in the NFL to give up more pts than Denver
was St Louis and they were 2-14. :scared:

CrazyHorse
12-29-2008, 12:46 PM
Bly just gets paid way too much.

He's not a terrible cover corner, but he doesn't deserve top tier money like he's been getting.

Exactly! It doesn't help that he can't tackle worth shit either.

smith49
12-29-2008, 12:50 PM
mheew, bly is the least of our concerns, or should be anyhow. not much he can do playing 10yrds deep every time and then getting no pass rush or any other help(which is why he has to play so far off). i think that the broncs need to focus on real problems and not worry about wether bly is overrated or not.

eessydo
12-29-2008, 12:52 PM

Bly is overrated.
Winborn is overrated.

2008 Salary

Dre' Bly(CB) $4,550,000 (2nd highest paid on team)
Jamie Winborn(LB) $1,750,000
Nate Webster(LB) $1,030,000

Can't collect that much money and play like that.

GEM
12-29-2008, 12:57 PM
2008 Salary

I completely get what you are saying. I'm just wondering if Shanny and his guys are feeling the way we are right now. It would kill me to go on the news aftershow and say they are the better team. I'm just friggen angry right now that a bunch of men don't have the pride or the talent to do anything about being bitch slapped by a whiny biatch team like SD.

CrazyHorse
12-29-2008, 12:57 PM
2008 Salary

All those guys need a massive pay cut, especially Bly!
That money could go far invested in a defensive line.

broncofaninfla
12-29-2008, 12:58 PM
2008 Salary

WOW, Nate Webtser doesn't belong in this league much less a salary like that!
Bly should be offered a pay cut or cut.

smith49
12-29-2008, 01:02 PM
I completely get what you are saying. I'm just wondering if Shanny and his guys are feeling the way we are right now. It would kill me to go on the news aftershow and say they are the better team. I'm just friggen angry right now that a bunch of men don't have the pride or the talent to do anything about being bitch slapped by a whiny biatch team like SD.

which should have been thier second loss to that team this season and thier fourth or fifth bitch slapping over the past several seasons. every year for the past few, we have thought we were getting better and we have only gotten worse, on the D that is. i think some BIG changes need to happen, but i dought they will, taking into consideration the past few seasons.

Rex
12-29-2008, 01:09 PM
Some sort of pass rush would be nice. Would help those over rated CBs an awful lot.